Wizz Air

(Italy)

Regular on MXP-BUD-MXP route. All the journey apart from one leg were on time. The aircraft's are quite new and clean. If you're lucky you can get the plane with slim seats: it will entitle you to a decent legroom otherwise with the old ones is simply inhuman. In my opinion that's the only bad point of this airline. The rules about hand luggage are not easy but once familiar is possibly to cope with. The ground staff in this respect in MXP are very tolerant while in BUD are strict and rude. If booked in advance the fares are really good and the overall service is acceptable and better than Ryanair's. Let's say if you go for a low-cost is impossible to expect a high-class level and Wizzair falls under this scheme.

(Norway)

Oslo (Torp) - Vilnius - Oslo (Torp). Wizz is a typical low cost. You get what you pay for and nothing else. We chose to pay extra for XXL seat - and had lots of space. Crew was nice enough - but their English was a bit below standard.

Wizz Air customer review

EIN-BUD-EIN trip. Good steady flights which were on time only the flight to Budapest was slightly delayed because of military traffic inbound for Eindhoven. Cabin crew was good legroom was sufficient for 2 hours but for longer flights to cramped. We choose Wizzair because of it's good price and for the money was worth it.

Wizz Air customer review

Luton-Gdansk. I'm 6'4'' and found that I couldn't fit in the seat as they are spaced too close together. I brought this to the cabin crew attention and paid £10 x 2 for my Girlfriend and I to move seats. On return trip I was stopped at gate by staff as my bag (cabin approved) was oversize and would have to pay £30. I explained that I had just flown out 2 days previous and had no problem with my bag size. She was rude unapologetic and robotic in her manner. After paying she handed me my receipt without so much as a thank you or sorry for any inconvenience. I sat twisted in the cramped seat with my right leg out onto the walkway. There was no way I was giving them another penny for extra leg room and to top it off the announcement at the start of the flight stated that 'our passengers comfort is our priority during this flight'. Definitely not value for money with all extras added.

(Ukraine)

Our first flight with Wizzair from Skopje to Memmingen and all was correct there was no delay. Food was just for sale but for a normal Price. Flight staff were very friendly. We can recommend.

Wizz Air customer review

BEG-BSL-BEG. At first I thought the booking is somewhat odd with all the different fees but once you get the hang of it it's ok. The plane was 1 hour late outbound due to very cold weather and de-icing. I didn't really mind at the price we paid we were ready to wait. The flight back was smooth. All in all except the seat comfort I like Wizz.

Wizz Air customer review

LTN-PRG-LTN return January 2013. Plane clean and tidy. Legroom very tight and I'm only 5'9" - my legs touched the seat in front so must be hell for anyone taller than me. Outward flight landed early. Experience similar to other low-cost airlines. Agree with others that hand-luggage policy is draconian. Website charged us twice for bags during check-in and it is likely to take a long time to get the money back. Staff at Luton refused to help. On-board staff OK but I'd avoid buying the Romanian wine on offer if I were you - pretty vile. Return flight fine but delayed because of weather at Luton. Not their fault and the captain provided good updates. Mixed experience overall but I'd avoid in future as they aren't actually that cheap when you've totted up the overall cost.

Wizz Air customer review

LTN-BUD-LTN. Booking and web-check in were very simple adding options such as extra legroom were easy to do the plane looks heavily used but clean and we were early approaching Budapest and only late into Luton because of snow of which the pilot forewarned us about. Inflight service was friendly and helpful at both airports you have to jump through more hoops than a normal carrier but pay the correct fees and you'll get an easy and trouble free flight. I'd recommend the extra legroom seats (which means automatic priority boarding) which are held by a stewardess until take off.

Wizz Air customer review

Beauvais - Gdansk - Beauvais. Airport is far from Paris and difficult to get to. Very strange requirement for visa check for non-EU nationals (you have to present yourself to the check-in desk). Outbound flight was an hour late with no excuse from staff inbound flight 15 minutes late. Staff are generally rude and unfriendly. Would avoid in the future.

Wizz Air customer review

Impeccably clean plane. Left Prague early and arrived 25 minutes early in Luton. Crew efficient but seat pitch / leg room horrendous for someone who is over six feet and luggage policy is draconian. However excellent value for money but why can't they allocate seats to avoid the boarding scrum.