Wizz Air

"Fly with them at your own peril"

Trip Verified | You should avoid this airline at all costs. They will be late 100% of the time, and they will rob you 50% of the times. I paid for a 1st row seat and they changed me to the row 36. No “sorry”, no money back. Just taking my money. Fly with them at your own peril
RouteWarsaw to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Every flight is delayed"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I am a regular flyer from Bucharest to Birmingham, Luton, Gatwick and Stansted. On the plus side: New planes, lots of space and more seats. Nice uniforms. Reasonable ticket prices. On the downside: Every flight is delayed up to one hour. Luggage prices are expensive, so are seat prices and then they moved me (3 times now) to let the staff have my seat during the flight, as I always choose the rear window seat, to ease my claustrophobia! Very limited in flight service, so no food or drinks etc. They change flight times and your seat number online, without notice, leading to several confrontations. Conclusion; Nice shiny planes but expensive add-ons and 9/10 flights are late by an hour! I will revert to Ryanair and their grotty old (cut cheap) planes next flight!
AircraftA321 NEO
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownJuly 2024

"do not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | My recent experience with Wizz Air was incredibly frustrating due to their poorly highlighted online check-in process. There is no prominent information indicating that passengers need to complete online check-in before arriving at the counter, or they will face a penalty. This detail is buried at the bottom of the page, which many people, especially first-time travelers, may not notice. As a result, I found myself in a long queue at the airport only to be informed that I had to pay a penalty of AED 190 for not checking in online. This was a huge disappointment and a stressful experience. I strongly urge Wizz Air to update their website and app to clearly inform passengers about the necessity of online check-in to avoid such penalties. In addition to the check-in issue, Wizz Air has numerous hidden clauses and additional charges that passengers need to be aware of. While the initial ticket price appears low, they start adding various fees, such as admin fees and charges for baggage over 10 kg. This deceptive practice results in a much higher final cost than initially advertised. I booked with Wizz Air only once, and I will never make that mistake again. I do not recommend this airline to anyone. If you have to spend a little more, consider other airlines to avoid the dissatisfaction and hidden fees associated with Wizz Air.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Salalah
Date FlownJuly 2024

"Do not travel with this airline"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flight W46011, on 07/03/2024, which left at 6:15 am from Rome to Madrid the boarding stewards made us pay for a suitcase when it was already included in the ticket, after trying to show them the ticket where it indicated that it included hand luggage, one of the stewards threw the suitcase at my friend and said she would call the police, In addition to giving us humiliating treatment, they intimidate you by not letting you fly. We paid for it because we had to work the next day and we are new at work. Do not travel with this airline.
RouteRoma to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2024

"you end up paying twice more"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Wizz Air cancelled the flight i booked, causing me approximately 1000 euro in additional expenses to book alternative flight. Initially I was offered around 30% refund. After i received 271.61 out of 405.32 euro paid under excuse that the luggage is not refundable. No matter that i explained numerous times that the company itself cancelled the flight, and that the service I paid for, to fly my luggage from A to B wasn't delivered, Nothing helped. Just got idiotic AI reply from their support. Every time you fly with these guys to save money, you end up paying twice more. Not again.
RouteHeraklion to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJune 2024

"Miserable from any point of view!

(Romania)

Trip Verified | The worst experience that I have ever had. I can’t believe that this company is still allowed to fly. Miserable from each and any point of view!
RouteWarsaw to Bucharest via Budapest
Date FlownJuly 2024

“Best airline for backpack travelers”

Trip Verified | Best airline for backpack travelers. The cabin crew staff Pepa very helpful. She understand our requirement and helped us immediately. As budget airline the staff is very helpful and hospitality wise great. Thank you Wizz air.
RouteMale to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJune 2024

"this is truly a nightmare"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Really a bad airline. Got very expensive over the last year but only provides red eye flights which are frequently delayed or cancelled. Costs seem low initially for the flight, but really if you add luggage, seat selection you are better off just flying with an established carrier not this so called low-cost. Another hidden cost is that Wizz usually flies to airports very far away from the marketed destination. So in the end you have to spend another 20-30 euros for a bus or another transfer. So is it still low cost? Seats are cramped. Service is all at a cost, not even water is provided. Plus the very annoying sales of perfumes and other amenities which are aggressively promoted via the intercom system. For European standards this is truly a nightmare. Next time you fly just consider all the costs and maybe decide to avoid Wizz..
RouteCluj to Luton

"No customer support"

(Romania)

Not Verified | For 2 and a half hours flight the plane had a 3 hours delay on one way and 4 hours delay on the return flight. No customer support, just a a phone number with huge extra fare where nobody answers. Terrible crew, rude and unprofessional. Not even close cheap enough for the awful service they provide.
RouteBarcelona to Cluj
Date FlownJune 2024

"extra 120 EUR for cabin luggage"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | I had to pay an extra 120 EUR for cabin luggage, check in and service cost and service fee. Upon doing so I complained to the check in lady who called me a psychopath and started swearing and told me she has put me on wizz airs disruptive passenger list not just for that flight but for all of wizz Air flights and I would be unable to travel. She continued swearing at me, said she would called the police, I urged her to to so but she refused as I was not aggressive nor insultive and then I falsely told me she banned me also forever from Larnaca airport. I asked for a refund for my 120 EUR I just paid to Wizz since they banned me from the flight and they refused. I then contacted the airport police who tried to get me on the flight by speaking to her and she refused.
RouteLarnaca to Budapest