Wizz Air

"they forced us to pay £60"

Trip Verified | Luton to Budapest. Tried to check in online but the website crashed, so we had no choice but to check in at the airport where they forced us to pay £60 if we wanted to fly. One of the Luton airport staff told us that this was how Wizz air appeared to run their business - massive and unreasonable charges hidden in the small print. We called, but no one picked up. We emailed and after 3 weeks got a reply refusing a refund. Don't risk it.
RouteLuton to Budapest
Date FlownOctober 2018

"be avoiding this airline"

Trip Verified | Tallinn to Luton. An airline that charges you 70 Euros if you don’t board your flight should be warning enough! We failed to check-in online, and were charged a lovely 37 euros each to do so in person, after waiting 30 minutes to pay. We then went back to pick-up our boarding passes, only to be told that our personal items - suitcases within the size range - could not be taken on without purchasing “priority boarding”, or checking them. After another 30 minutes and 50 euros, we finally made it to the gate with no time to spare. This airline cares very little about its customers, and judging by the long line for fees at the airport, they rely heavily on these fees. I would rather know what I am paying for ahead of time, and will be avoiding this airline despite the fact that I travel often and they have many flights from London. I hope others do not make the same mistake and travel with this unethical company!
RouteTallinn to Luton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"choose any other airline"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Thessaloniki. I had to pay 45 Euros extra because I didn't check in online, because I didn't know about their app. After paying to checkin (more than my actual flight cost) I finally made it through security and such. My gate number didn't pop up on the screen until the moment we were boarding. We all made a mad dash towards our gate, which was the same area as three other planes. Once we make it through, we go down a hallway and outside, looking for the name of our destination. Then they keep us in this little hallway until we're all there. After this, we go down another hallway, this one very outside, and pretty cold. I watched as the old passengers were taken off our plane, their luggage transportive, and then waited even longer for them to clean the plane (I can only hope). I'm not sure why I had to wait outside, and for so long, when the plane wasn't ready for us. This is the only airline I've ever felt possessed to complain about. It's terrible, choose any other airline.
RouteBudapest to Thessaloniki
Date FlownNovember 2018

"do not allow check in online"

Trip Verified | Trying to check in for 24 h before flight online but it said something is wrong. Trying then 3 h before flight, it said check in available in airport only. When I arrive in airport I was report about it. But in airport said you still must paid 35€ and then you can claim money back. When back to UK, contact wizz air customer service, they said that they are haven't any problem in check in system. Wizz Air found randomly that they do not allow check in online, instead they will charge you in airport.
RouteVilnius to Luton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever. I’ve never traveled with an airline where their staff care so little for customer service. A huge queue at check in due to two fairly incompetent children being the only staff members on duty. Followed by a €45 surcharge for not checking in online after experiencing faults with the website and I witnessed one of the air stewardess being rather rude to an older lady who politely asked for some help with her hand luggage. Clearly a bad culture stemming from money hungry management and for that I will never fly with them again! To the management of Wizz Air I wish you many unsuccessful and unprofitable years to come!
RouteBudapest to London

"it is a total rip off"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Eindhoven. The day before our departure we tried to check in online however after a few steps the website blocked. We tried several times but we never succeeded in performing the check in since the website kept blocking. At Eindhoven airport they were understanding and we had no issues. For the trip back from Budapest to Eindhoven we experienced the same issues with the online check in on their website. No understanding at all at the Budapest airport however. We were treated very rudely and were obliged to pay 45 euros a person for an "Airport Check in". We were 4 people so we had to pay a staggering 180 euros for 2 minutes work by they employee. I can only urge you not to book with Wizz air since it is a total rip off.
RouteBudapest to Eindhoven

"Just don't do it"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight with Wizz Air. The website is designed terribly, I tried twice to check-in online and it failed. The emails I received mentioned nothing of the extreme fee of 55 euros to check in at the airport. I did receive an email saying arrive early the next morning, so I promptly arrived 2.5 hours early to be told I could not enter the check in and to go to the extra charges desk. Note 4.30 in the morning, to be told I could not check in unless I paid 55 euros. The staff were so rude. I witnessed many people being charged outrageous prices for baggage etc.. I then had to queue again to check-in. I made it to my gate B12 to be told I had a stand by ticket, luckily there was one seat left! I was then hassled about my luggage. The guy at the gate wanted to charge me there and then! I guess it was because I was one of the last people to get onto a fully booked flight and he was stuck for time. Worst start to the day ever. Just don't do it.
RouteBudapest to London Luton

"bad value for money"

Trip Verified | Today, I had THE worst experience of my life on Wizz Air. I arrived early for boarding so that I could find room for my backpack in the overhead compartment - which I did. I then took my row 'C' aisle seat. After boarding was completed, I was made to remove my backpack by the stewardess and force it under the seat in front of me. My backpack is large, flexible and within Wizz Air's size limits, but placing it there meant that there was no room left for my feet. (See photos). I could not place my feet outside in the corridor area, either as it would have tripped other passengers who were walking and blocked the food trolleys. I had no choice but to place my feet under the metal braces in the seat in front, meaning that every time the passenger in front moved in his seat, my foot would get crushed. By the end of the flight my foot was bruised, and I was in pain, simply because my bag was too large to fit under the seat, and it should have been left in the over head compartment. Upon pointing this to the stewardess who instigated this episode without any consideration of the consequences, she told me to write to Wizz Air and complain, and that there was nothing she could do. It may be that Wizz Air will read this and decide to reply, stating that shortly larger bags, such as the one which I had to remove mine for will not be allowed without an extra fee. However, that is not the point. At the time of my journey, this was allowed, and. Wizz Air provided zero safe foot space. My bag was also too large to fit under the seat in front, and should have stayed in the overhead locker. Additionally, as my bag was too large to fit the seat in front, it was blocking the emergency escape route of the passengers sitting in the window and middle rows. This is dangerous, and I believe against passenger air transport safety rules. There were also a couple of other, issues regarding hygiene. I noticed that the toilets were cleaned by cabin crew, without wearing gloves, using paper towels from inside of the toilets. First the seat was wiped, then the sink and finally the same towel was dropped on the floor and the floor was wiped using the shoes. The stewardess then pick up the papers from the floor using her hands and flushed them down the toilet. After this, and without washing her hand, she walked to the food trolley and started serving food to passengers, touching coffee cups, water bottles, serviettes and sandwich wrappers. This has to be the worst case of hygiene which I have ever come across, and I would not trust any food served on this airline. I also noticed that the headrests on the seats had grease marks on them, as the paper headrests were missing. The Velcro exists to hang the headrests from, but in order to save costs, it seems like Wizz Air have decided not to care about this item either. I have travelled on Wizz Air on numerous occasions in the last 10 years or so (about 10 times this year alone), however the service has reduced dramatically, the prices have any rocketed (they are often more expensive than national carrier National carriers) and the staff's attitude to customers is simply atrocious - possibly due to their fast expansion. Because of a staff members attitude, the poor and dirty hygiene, over crowding, and bad value for money, I will not travel on Wizz any more, and I recommend that you check the prices of other airlines before booking with Wizz Air.
RouteWarsaw to London

"Joke of a company"

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Always a pleasure to sit and wait in the airplane for one hour before actually departing. But that's nothing compared to waiting for 12 hours in the airport few years ago courtesy of this lovely company. Thank you wizz air! Joke of a company.
RouteLuton to Bucharest

"Don’t waste your money"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Nice. We arrived to the Budapest airport with one checked bag that I had paid online together with the ticket reservation. Upon arriving at the checkin counter, they asked for our boarding passes which I didn’t have since I planned to do it at the counter with the baggage drop-off. They directed me to another counter which turned out to be a counter for extra fees. The guy there mentioned that I was supposed to do the online checkin beforehand so I had to pay 194€ extra fee to the 4 of us. Once we approached the boarding gate, one woman stopped me and asked me to put my hand luggage inside the measurement box. It turned out to be bigger and didn’t fit inside. She then asked me to pay a fee of 75€ extra. I also had a small backpack for my laptop and camera which she said was too much. I said that I would give it to my mom since there were 4 of us. She then stopped us all and forced us to squeeze all our stuffs (even food, clutches for money/passports/boarding passes) inside 4 hand luggage only (including the one I had already paid 75€ for). 3 out of these 4 luggage were to be put to the side of the cargo separate from us since the plane was full. I’m disgusted with how Wizzair treats their customers. In total, 269€ was thrown out of the window for us, buying us nothing but anger and disgust. Don’t waste your money and time.
RouteBudapest to Nice