Wizz Air

"I can only agree with the many other bad reviews here"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | I can only agree with the many other bad reviews here. I cant even prove my review, because at no time did we receive any receipt. Not even for buying the ticket, not for cancelling the tickets, not for calling and asking for a receipt, not for writing to them to complain. Why is this? We had two return tickets bought directly through Wizz Air. They moved the return home time forward 12 hours, which is why we contacted them to cancel the tickets. They stated that they could and I asked thoroughly if we got all the money back, which was confirmed several times. Time passed and we heard nothing, we call again for a refund. They stated again that the money was on its way. On the 3rd call, which was 3 days before departure, they suddenly told us, that we could not get the money back! They had since the first call cancelled and deleted our tickets from our Wizz Air page, so now we were without money and tickets. The complaint has been sent, but now over one month later we haven't heard anything. Unfortunately, we only read the many reviews afterwards. There are probably many people who travel with Wizz Air every day without problems, but on the day you have to changed something or refunding, and then I would probably be nervous.
RouteCopenhagen to Bucharest

"Absolutely appalling!"

Not Verified | Absolutely appalling! They cancelled my flights 6 months in advance and only offered a partial refund despite not having any alternative flights available! Awful company!
RouteLondon to Las Palmas
Date FlownDecember 2022

"I’d recommend avoiding them"

Trip Verified | Flight canceled and got no refund. The flight was delayed for 3 hours and then totally canceled last minute while we were boarded in the plane, leaving no one with any provision for accommodation. Awful customer service and compensation (I got £0) even though they said they would refund me for travel and accommodation. This was clearly a lie as it’s been over 2 months since. Won’t be flying again, I’d recommend avoiding them.
RouteGatwick to Larnaca
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"excellent value for money"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I fly Wizz Air regularly and flights are pleasant, excellent value for money and usually take off and arrive on time. On my flight from Rome to Timisoara the flight crew was mostly Italian (and perhaps Maltese) which probably explains why they came up with the nonsense idea to tell passengers that "for the balance of the plane please do not stand in the aisle whilst waiting to disembark" which is of course false but it was a harmless idiocy nothing else.
RouteRome to Timisoara
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Awful customer service and compensation"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed for 3 hours and then totally cancelled last minute after waiting for hours at the airport, leaving no one with any provision for accommodation overnight at 9pm at night or alternative flights home. Awful customer service and compensation (I got £0) even though they said they would refund me for travel and accommodation for the inconvenience. This was clearly a lie as it’s been over 2 months since. Won’t be flying again, I’d recommend to avoid them.
RouteFunchal to London
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The worst rip-off an airline has ever performed on me"

Trip Verified | The worst rip-off an airline has ever performed on me. They do go out of their ways to make you feel the pain of deciding to fly with them: they show you technical errors while you try many times to check-in online for your flight - so you cannot do it and then at the airport they charge you 40+ EUR per person for on-site check-in (4 people = 170 EUR!). They first ask for a screenshot of the technical mistake, you show it to them and then they say: "You should have called our Call centre - it\s your fault." So by their logic I should have paid 3 EUR a minute for a call in a foreign country for the sake of their technical "error" ( it is a usual "error" their system seem to be trained to create for several customers on that flight and each of their flights as we figured out at the airport talking to fellow-passengers who were ripped off the same way on the spot). I don't even mention that I paid extra for the seats but at check in they put my 5 y.o. daughter at the front of the cabin and us - at the very back! Please never use this airline - I hope it would go broke soon for such horrible business practices.
RouteGdańsk to Hamburg

"€55 each to check in"

Trip Verified | Probably the worst airline I have ever used. Go out of their way to rip customers off. Would prefer to pay more with another company than have them charge my family of 3, €55 each to check in when the online check in isn't working. Then, suggest that because we didn't call the £1.49 a minute help desk it was our fault (do you see anywhere in the check in screenshot where it says call the help desk?).
RouteVarna to Liverpool

"terrible flight attendants"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I tried this company for the first time ever and for sure I’ll never repeat it! Please be aware that you are paying for a low cost company that if not checked in exactly 24h prior the flight they will charge you with 40 pounds more at the counter, people are rude as hell, I barely understood when she told me to size my bag and she raised the voice annoyed, and only accept card payments. Was the biggest mistake as through website while proceeding with the purchase they increased the flight automatically in 10 pounds extra (during the process of inserting card details, I should have suspected). No space for legs, no options on food, terrible flight attendants, that seemed they hate their jobs and are obligated to be there.
RouteLondon to Portugal
Date FlownNovember 2022

"seats were quite comfortable"

Trip Verified | I flew from Luton to Sarajevo on 29th October. The check-in process was quite efficient, The boarding process not so much. I don't know if this is a Luton management or Wizz Air management issue. However, cramming 200 passengers before the aircraft has even arrived in a small room with no ventilation was neither healthy nor with small children, significantly difficult. Flight took off on time. The seats were quite comfortable, and we landed in Sarajevo on time. On the return flight on 4th November, the service was quite better. A newer NEO aircraft, Smoother boarding process and a smooth flight - I'd advise that Wizz Air expands to other UK destinations like Bristol Airport to make it easier for South West & South Wales pax to connect with EU destinations without the extra journey.
AircraftA320-200
RouteLondon Luton to Sarajevo Int'l

"Awful experience"

Trip Verified | Awful experience. I do not recommend it. Wizz Priority costs more but it is just a scam. Our original flight was changed afterwards so we lost nearly 2 Days. Our Original Seats (we paid extra) were also changed. Worst Company ever. We will never fly again with them.
AircraftA320-200