Wizz Air

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever. I’ve never traveled with an airline where their staff care so little for customer service. A huge queue at check in due to two fairly incompetent children being the only staff members on duty. Followed by a €45 surcharge for not checking in online after experiencing faults with the website and I witnessed one of the air stewardess being rather rude to an older lady who politely asked for some help with her hand luggage. Clearly a bad culture stemming from money hungry management and for that I will never fly with them again! To the management of Wizz Air I wish you many unsuccessful and unprofitable years to come!
RouteBudapest to London

"it is a total rip off"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Eindhoven. The day before our departure we tried to check in online however after a few steps the website blocked. We tried several times but we never succeeded in performing the check in since the website kept blocking. At Eindhoven airport they were understanding and we had no issues. For the trip back from Budapest to Eindhoven we experienced the same issues with the online check in on their website. No understanding at all at the Budapest airport however. We were treated very rudely and were obliged to pay 45 euros a person for an "Airport Check in". We were 4 people so we had to pay a staggering 180 euros for 2 minutes work by they employee. I can only urge you not to book with Wizz air since it is a total rip off.
RouteBudapest to Eindhoven

"Just don't do it"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight with Wizz Air. The website is designed terribly, I tried twice to check-in online and it failed. The emails I received mentioned nothing of the extreme fee of 55 euros to check in at the airport. I did receive an email saying arrive early the next morning, so I promptly arrived 2.5 hours early to be told I could not enter the check in and to go to the extra charges desk. Note 4.30 in the morning, to be told I could not check in unless I paid 55 euros. The staff were so rude. I witnessed many people being charged outrageous prices for baggage etc.. I then had to queue again to check-in. I made it to my gate B12 to be told I had a stand by ticket, luckily there was one seat left! I was then hassled about my luggage. The guy at the gate wanted to charge me there and then! I guess it was because I was one of the last people to get onto a fully booked flight and he was stuck for time. Worst start to the day ever. Just don't do it.
RouteBudapest to London Luton

"bad value for money"

Trip Verified | Today, I had THE worst experience of my life on Wizz Air. I arrived early for boarding so that I could find room for my backpack in the overhead compartment - which I did. I then took my row 'C' aisle seat. After boarding was completed, I was made to remove my backpack by the stewardess and force it under the seat in front of me. My backpack is large, flexible and within Wizz Air's size limits, but placing it there meant that there was no room left for my feet. (See photos). I could not place my feet outside in the corridor area, either as it would have tripped other passengers who were walking and blocked the food trolleys. I had no choice but to place my feet under the metal braces in the seat in front, meaning that every time the passenger in front moved in his seat, my foot would get crushed. By the end of the flight my foot was bruised, and I was in pain, simply because my bag was too large to fit under the seat, and it should have been left in the over head compartment. Upon pointing this to the stewardess who instigated this episode without any consideration of the consequences, she told me to write to Wizz Air and complain, and that there was nothing she could do. It may be that Wizz Air will read this and decide to reply, stating that shortly larger bags, such as the one which I had to remove mine for will not be allowed without an extra fee. However, that is not the point. At the time of my journey, this was allowed, and. Wizz Air provided zero safe foot space. My bag was also too large to fit under the seat in front, and should have stayed in the overhead locker. Additionally, as my bag was too large to fit the seat in front, it was blocking the emergency escape route of the passengers sitting in the window and middle rows. This is dangerous, and I believe against passenger air transport safety rules. There were also a couple of other, issues regarding hygiene. I noticed that the toilets were cleaned by cabin crew, without wearing gloves, using paper towels from inside of the toilets. First the seat was wiped, then the sink and finally the same towel was dropped on the floor and the floor was wiped using the shoes. The stewardess then pick up the papers from the floor using her hands and flushed them down the toilet. After this, and without washing her hand, she walked to the food trolley and started serving food to passengers, touching coffee cups, water bottles, serviettes and sandwich wrappers. This has to be the worst case of hygiene which I have ever come across, and I would not trust any food served on this airline. I also noticed that the headrests on the seats had grease marks on them, as the paper headrests were missing. The Velcro exists to hang the headrests from, but in order to save costs, it seems like Wizz Air have decided not to care about this item either. I have travelled on Wizz Air on numerous occasions in the last 10 years or so (about 10 times this year alone), however the service has reduced dramatically, the prices have any rocketed (they are often more expensive than national carrier National carriers) and the staff's attitude to customers is simply atrocious - possibly due to their fast expansion. Because of a staff members attitude, the poor and dirty hygiene, over crowding, and bad value for money, I will not travel on Wizz any more, and I recommend that you check the prices of other airlines before booking with Wizz Air.
RouteWarsaw to London

"Joke of a company"

Trip Verified | Luton to Bucharest. Always a pleasure to sit and wait in the airplane for one hour before actually departing. But that's nothing compared to waiting for 12 hours in the airport few years ago courtesy of this lovely company. Thank you wizz air! Joke of a company.
RouteLuton to Bucharest

"Don’t waste your money"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Nice. We arrived to the Budapest airport with one checked bag that I had paid online together with the ticket reservation. Upon arriving at the checkin counter, they asked for our boarding passes which I didn’t have since I planned to do it at the counter with the baggage drop-off. They directed me to another counter which turned out to be a counter for extra fees. The guy there mentioned that I was supposed to do the online checkin beforehand so I had to pay 194€ extra fee to the 4 of us. Once we approached the boarding gate, one woman stopped me and asked me to put my hand luggage inside the measurement box. It turned out to be bigger and didn’t fit inside. She then asked me to pay a fee of 75€ extra. I also had a small backpack for my laptop and camera which she said was too much. I said that I would give it to my mom since there were 4 of us. She then stopped us all and forced us to squeeze all our stuffs (even food, clutches for money/passports/boarding passes) inside 4 hand luggage only (including the one I had already paid 75€ for). 3 out of these 4 luggage were to be put to the side of the cargo separate from us since the plane was full. I’m disgusted with how Wizzair treats their customers. In total, 269€ was thrown out of the window for us, buying us nothing but anger and disgust. Don’t waste your money and time.
RouteBudapest to Nice
Date FlownOctober 2018

"charged 35 Euros to check in"

Not Verified | Eindhoven to Vienna. They don't indicate anything about paying extra for online checkin when you buy the ticket. I tried to check in online before and after 48hrs but they keep charging me. Then there is a misleading text said that you can check in at the airport but doesn't mention anything about paying. So you have no idea how much you have to pay in total when you buy the ticket. They charged me 35 Euros to check in at the airport, ridiculous. There were other customers who had the same problems as me at the airport. I will never ever fly with Wizz Air again if they don't change their bad services and misleading way of communication.
RouteEindhoven to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | Lviv to Gdansk. My wife and I were charged $86 USD today by Wizz Air in Lviv, Ukraine to print out our boarding passes! This despite upgrading to priority status and trying repeatedly to download our boarding passes on their mobile app and Website. Neither worked! Tried discussing with their customer support, but they were no help. A review of social media shows many complaints about Wizz Air, it's unethical practices and failure to follow up with refunds. We are retired and are very experienced travelers. This is the worst airline experience we've ever had!
RouteLviv to Gdansk

"absolutely useless"

Trip Verified | Luton to Larnaca. Do not use this airline. You will end up paying for everything, they charge you for not checking in. We paid for the check in luggage but when we got to the airport we were told that we haven't and they tried charging us. I showed them my bank statement showing the payment being taken then they spoke to their accounts team who confirmed the payment. Customer service at the airport is absolutely disgusting very rude does not have any communication skill what so ever. It seems like they don't enjoy their work and is there for the sake of the money. This was first time I used Wizz Air and will be last time. I will never ever recommend my friends and family to use this airline. Please stay away from this company they are absolutely useless and you will end up paying extra for everything.
RouteLuton to Larnaca
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Extremely poor site and service"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor site and service. Experienced a system issue with the Wizz Air site that disallowed me to proceed with an online check without an assigned seat. Tried on various computers/mobile devices and ilnet connection to no avail. It was definitely an issue with the Wizz Air site. Turned up to the airport early to explain this to the Wizz Air customer service desk and still had to form out a 32.50 Gbp fee for a printed ticket. The fee is steep but understandable for those that forget to print their ticket. I feel I should have had the fee waived given my circumstances. Raised an online ticket for refund asking them to check my log data for my login attempts to verify system issue experienced. After no update from Wizz Air I contacted the listed UK number for existing bookings found on their website only to be told I contacted the wrong number. I offered to direct him to he website advising of error and he simply replied "look man, I know that's on the site but this only for people who need assistance". Extremely poor site and service. Take my advice and fly with a different airline. The amount of issues you'll face is not worth the 10 quid you'll save with this mob.
RouteLuton to Bucharest