Wizz Air

"Worst airline ever"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. Before the flight we encountered issues with the online check-in and no customer service was available, the number provided on the website did not work. The check-in lines were horrendously long. The flight is currently delayed by over three hours, and they are forcing the passengers to wait on an overheated plane without even handing out water. Do not book with this airline.
RouteWarsaw to Alicante
Date FlownJuly 2022

"worst airline I've ever used"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | By far, the worst airline I've ever used. Customer service was appalling, with a very rude cabin crew and an unhelpful ground team. The flight was delayed for almost 3 hours for two reasons, according to the crew: a shortage of staff (!) and miscommunication regarding the boarding gate. As a result, boarding alone took almost an hour, and for those of us already boarded - while the staff scattered for passengers throughout the airport - not even a cup of water was offered! Horrible experience, from beginning to end. First and only time flying on this airline.
RouteLuton to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2022

"it was impossible to reach customer service"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled a few hours before departure with no options to rebook. I was in a terrible situation where I had to book last minute flights for 600-800 Euros, or stay one more week in Sweden to catch a flight that was "just" 300 Euros. Worst of all, it was impossible to reach customer service via chat or cost centre. To use the call centre, you have to pay 15 euros per transaction and 1.5 euros per minute.
RouteSweden to Netherlands
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Simply avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Completely ruined my holidays. We were supposed to fly Friday at 9.30pm but they kept delaying by 30min each time so they hold us hostage in the airport (knowing that the aircraft didn't leave Budapest at all) and that Orly closes at 11.30pm. After that they proposed a new flight on Saturday 11pm which departed 2 hours later. They refused to reimburse my hotel tickets, taxi, and even meals. They refused as well to pay due compensation. Simply avoid this airline. By email, they don't respond until months later, and when they do is to disrespect you.
RouteParis Orly to Budapest
Date FlownApril 2022

"gave me no compensation in the end"

Trip Verified | After they cancelled my flight even after the departure time, without a provide a substitute flight, at 10pm, they said they would give us a compensation for the problem. All my holidays just imploded because of that! And they gave me no compensation in the end, they just closed the claim without provide anything.
RouteGatwick to Chania
Date FlownJune 2022

"3 days later and I still haven't had any information"

Trip Verified | These guys are one of the worst airlines available right now. My flight was supposed to leave at 20.30 on a Sunday and at 12.30 I received a text letting me know that it was cancelled, if I wanted to rebook or refund go to the website and that my rights had been emailed to me. My rights were not emailed to me and upon going on the website to manage my booking, it did not reflect that the flight had been cancelled. It was still asking me to check in even though I already had that morning. They also didn't notify the travel agent. The airport website was also not updated until a few hours after the flight was supposed to depart. To top it off I couldn't get through to them on the phone. A really bad look is that the flight was still available to buy tickets for online which at that point is basically a scam. I also checked the same flight number for the few days after that and exactly the same. This airline know that these flights aren't going ahead and have no intention of fulfilling their contract with their customers yet they still take booking and continue to not provide support. 3 days later and I still haven't had any information. I had to then book a last minute BA flight.
RouteMalaga to London Luton
Date FlownJune 2022

"supposed to check-in online"

Trip Verified | I was travelling on the 7th June to Heraklion, Crete from Rome. When I got to the airport 3 hours before my flight, the staff informed me that your reservations for 4 people supposed to check-in online and it is going to cost us about 35 euros and we should head down to the ticket centre, where we waited for almost 2 hours in the Queue, I asked help from the Wizz Air staff but they responded completely unprofessional and rudely. Finally we paid all together 320 euro for 4 people, just to return back to the counter to get our boarding passes printed, then after reaching to the gate we find out that the flight is delayed for an hour. Completely destroyed the planning of our journey and wasted a lot of our time.
RouteRome to Heraklion
Date FlownJune 2022

"cancelled my flight few hours"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Avoid this company. They cancelled my flight few hours before the departure. It is impossible from the website and from the expensive phone number to ask for refund.
RouteVenice to Bari
Date FlownJune 2022

"does not provide compensation and solutions to the problem"

(Belarus)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever! This company simply receives money for tickets and cancels flights. My flight was first delayed and then completely cancelled. Of course, this situation occurs in many airlines, but these have been cancelling flights for more than a week in a row. My brother flew with his family the day after me and they had the same situation. First, their flight was delayed for 3 hours, then canceled altogether. Moreover, the evening flight was canceled, and my brother was flying with his little son. It's really terrible, especially when the flight is canceled and you're staying at the airport with the kids. The company absolutely does not provide compensation and solutions to the problem. I sincerely regret that I contacted this particular airline. Therefore, if you save your time, money and health, it is better not to contact this company.
RouteWarsaw to Rome
Date FlownJune 2022

"Do Not fly with these people you will be sorry"

Trip Verified | Outbound originally booked round trip from Luton to Larnaca / Larnaca to Luton - Luton being local airport. Problem no 1 - Flight departure changed to Gatwick - cost 2 x tickets national express £60. Problem no 2. Aircraft delayed for 9 hours - no food vouchers issues - no assistance - cost 2 light meals @ £20. Booking said check in at desk at Gatwick with suitcase - no issues. Inbound Problem no 3. Went to check in desk to book in at Larnaca - man at desk says - you need to book in online - was too late to book in on line had to leave check in queue and go to separate desk and pay 40 euro each extra - cost 80 euro and return to check in queue. No email reminder sent to check in online. Problem no 4 - Aircraft toilet seat was disgusting - not from passengers but from lack of attention of cleaning. Total extra cost to original ticket price around £160. Do Not fly with these people you will be sorry!
RouteLarnaca to London Luton