Wizz Air

"the only thing cheap was their service"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Gdansk to Trondheim with Wizz Air. Thought I had bought some cheap tickets home. Turns out the only thing cheap was their service. Loads of different hidden fees made the ticket three times more expensive once at the airport.
RouteGdansk to Trondheim
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Worst Customer service"

Not Verified | Worst Customer service I have experienced, ever. Its been more than 6 months and still not been able to fully recover refund for cancelled flight back in March 2020. Every time you call, you get told different information, no reply to emails. Eventually received some funds, but not the full amount due to their error, It takes another 14 to 20 working days apparently to receive funds, so after waiting long again, its quite disappointing to find out only tiny amount has been refunded again, another error. Why do I have to beg for money that I am entitled to? Avoid if you can
RouteLondon to Skopje
Date FlownApril 2020

"Wizz Air is running a check-in racket"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | While the service overall is similar to other low cost airlines (for example no leg space, charging extra for everything, etc.), Wizz Air is running a check-in racket: 1) As with other airlines you can check-in online, but unlike other airlines you have to pay to do that. No, it is not just for your preferred seats, but irrespective of which seats you select and occasionally you can't even do that. Note that the Wizz Air online check-in closes 3 hours before departure! 2) To not pay for the check-in, according to the Wizz Air website, is possible at the airport by using the self-service check-in, and if those are not available at the traditional check-in desk. 3) However, this is not the case. At Milan Malpensa Terminal 1 on Friday, and at Vienna Terminal 3 on Sunday (today), there was no self-service check-in available (I confirmed this with the available check-in staff), and the traditional check-in counter would only check us in if we paid €15/person. 4) This is not all, at MXP the payment is handled by another desk which charges a €5/person commission and at VIE the commission is €5/transaction. So when you book with Wizz Air you need on paying at least €7-8 for the check-in online, or €15 if you do so at the airport plus €5 commission. This is not an optional extra service! By the way, the check-in staff cannot help you because they "do not work for Wizz Air" (they told me this in both MXP as well as VIE). They did confirm however that many other customers had the same "problem" as me.
RouteVienna to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Horrible customer service"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Eindhoven with Wizz Air. My booking was not confirmed due to some payment issue and I reached out the the customer service 8 times to resolve the issue. I even paid for the customer call center where I was told that the issue would be resolved. Nothing happened and in the end I could not take my flight. Horrible customer service. I will never consider the airline again.
RouteVienna to Eindhoven
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Never gonna fly with them again"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Me and my husband used Wizz Air for the first and the last time. Everything was quite alright before we had to come back to Italy. We have paid 20kg luggage. From Italian airport we were going with slightly heavier suitcase. And we know by experience that on almost empty flights it’s not a problem. They checked us in without charging. But in Romanian airport coming back they charged us 60€ for 7 kg overweight. Can you imagine that we paid 51€ for 20kg both ways and now they charge us for 60€ in PLUS for 7kg. And the problem is that I would gladly pay adequate sum of money for those 7kg but they prefer to lose clients for one time profit. And yeah they sent us the bill for 40€ and when we told that we paid 60€ they said that another 20€ it’s airport service. Also they broke my suitcase lock. Never gonna fly with them again and do not advice to you if you have luggage.
RouteVerona to Suceava
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I will avoid them at all costs"

Not Verified | Wizz Air lost my luggage on the 31st August from Barcelona to Katowice. No one called me to update me about the status. 2.5 weeks later I received a piece of luggage to my home address and this is not my luggage! There is no way to contact them, no one is picking up the phone and no one is responding to emails. I will avoid them at all costs!
RouteBarcelona to Katowice
Date FlownAugust 2020

"charged me twice for my flight"

Trip Verified | Wizz Air charged me twice for my flight because of an error on their website. It happened in December 2019. It is now September 2020 and I still have not been issued with a refund. Wizz Air has already said twice that they issued me with a refund, but they never did. The worst customer service ever. Never flying with Wizz Air again.
RouteLondon to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Absolutely disgusting"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgusting. Terrible service from the beginning to the end. Multiple extra charges for reasons which were not made clear anywhere on the website or in emails sent by Wizzair. Looks cheap, but in reality will end up more expensive than every reputable airline out there, just lacking leg room and given a slab of plastic for a headrest.
RouteKrakow to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"the worst airline company"

Trip Verified | Has to be one of the worst airline company I have ever dealt with. Refused entry to board at the gate because an attendant could not understand what a flight pass is even though the Wizz Air website suggested the form is filled to gain entry. Manager dealt with the situation after the plane left then couldnt care less what happens after that. No customer service as it is all online (thank goodness for credit cards).
RouteLuton to Larnaca

"a company to avoid"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Lisbon. Worst company I have ever flew with. I will never again travel in this company. The tickets are cheap but after that any extra is overcharged unless one is traveling with a backpack this is a company to avoid. Beside all of to have any safety regarding any any last minute restrictions like now due to COVID buying an extra insurance is the only way to get your money back. While on the first CIVD wave I had the money refunded by the insurance company, now on the so called 2nd wave Hungary was refusing to let me enter the country, Wizz Air refused to return the money or even refund me the value in vouchers for the flight I had booked 3 weeks before the Hungarian government announced restrictions to foreigners. I flew on Wizz Air on the 22nd of August 2020 and this was the last time I did it.
RouteBudapest to Lisbon