Wizz Air

"I think it's extremely unfair"

Trip Verified | I bought the flight ticket for Christmas with protection of Wizz Flex but had to cancel it due to Covid. Wizz Flex allowed me to have a full refund but we started to be in lockdown so I did not even think to fly or even book a flight anywhere. I felt unsafe to fly. Recently I check my Wizz Air account and realized that my funds are expected and they actually expired today so I contacted Wizz Air thinking that due to Covid they will give me my money back and I will have longer time to buy a ticket as we are in UK lockdown but it did not happened so I lost money and I was late a few hours maybe. I think it's extremely unfair. How someone can use money and buy a ticket if flying is actually not safe during Covid?
RouteLondon to Olsztyn

"I am very disappointed"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Few days ago, i had a ticket da Milano a Tirana. I payed 11€ for extra bag 10kg, when I arrived in airport they took from me an extra 30€ for bag. I am very disappointed. Another case, when I postponed my ticket from 90€ which I paid, they gave me just 10€. I did the same thing with Air Albania and the gave me back all the money without any fee.
RouteMilan to Tirana
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service, useless is the best word. They have no clue about their company’s policy, if asked to give a manager or someone else to speak to, they refuse. So they are denying one of our rights. Was refused boarding to me and my kids for an absurd reason, when I confronted them that their policy does not state such thing they were looking for different stupid reasons to deny boarding. Rude boarding staff and unprofessional. When made the complaint to them to refund my fly tickets money, had the same bad experience with their staff. They gave me a link to complain to European Commission and also gave me 2 other websites in Hungarian language to look for details I needed. I felt they were making fun of me with those websites. Obviously I don’t know a word in Hungarian.
RouteLuton to Craiova
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"fulfilled their part of the agreement"

Trip Verified | I have had a mixed experience with Wizz Air in the past. In December 2020 my flight was cancelled, and I was trying to receive the money-back. Wizz Air fulfilled their part of the agreement within few weeks. I know that completing online forms and changing wizzair account to a bank account and losing 20% was a bit annoying, time-consuming and confusing. However, in the current situation, I have to say- well done Wizzair. I sent an inquiry email two weeks ago, received the reply 6 days later stating that the money was transferred already some time ago.
RouteLondon to Poznan
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Never have I experienced such appalling customer service"

Not Verified | Never have I experienced such appalling customer service. I have been waiting to travel to Sofia for months now and they denied me boarding without any justifiable reason. The manager at the check in desk was incredibly rude and disrespectful. I was asking him for advice and trying to speak to him and he just kept ignoring me and said 'I've got a queue to deal with'. I has on the phone to Wizz Air customer service twice and both times they were very useless just trying to close the phone as quickly as possible. Please avoid this airline at all costs! Only reason I decided booking with them is because they are the only airline travelling during Covid but after this experience I will never be flying with them again.
RouteLondon to Sofia
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Avoid Wizz Air like the plague"

Trip Verified | Probably the only airline that doesn’t provide carry on hand luggage. What the airline considers as “carry on” would be the equivalent of a “wallet”. I have no problem paying, I just don’t like the fact the airline tries to charge as your boarding the plane. If the ticket does not include carry on then make this clear. It was evident 95% of the plane didn’t know, as they were all shocked they were charged whilst waiting by the gate. Avoid Wizz Air like the plague or Covid-19 and the unprofessional Wizz air staff at Gibraltar airport.
RouteGibraltar to London
Date FlownDecember 2020

"stay away from Wizz Air!"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I planned to utilize a credit from a cancelled flight, and booked a ticket. I selected 'use my credit' option, but they anyway charged my credit card (details were stored with my profile since last booking). After I realized my credit card was charged for full amount I immediately called the customer service. Firstly, like no other companies they extra charge those phone calls at rate 10 SEK per minute, and on top of it let you wait few minutes. They are not willing to help, and the only answer you get is no, regardless of the question. I cannot use my credit for this ticket, they want reimburse me and cannot utilize the credit to book a ticket for my wife. So now, I feel cheated and humiliated. Besides, I have pretty bad experience from flying with them before, did not travel with them for years and now I can see they managed to become even worse since then. After this I can only advise - stay away from Wizz Air!
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"extremely poor customer experience"

Not Verified | In case of any type of issues that involve Wizz customer service (e.g. flight cancellation, delays), one will be 100% unpleasantly surprised by the low quality Wizz offers in this segment Actually there is no appropriate support whatsoever. Despite the online "fill in complaint" or phone contact (at very high costs in case someone answers), Wizz Air treats its customers with indolence and ignorance. Best case one gets a standardized complaint confirmation answer and nothing else. Despite iterations Customer experience is greenfield for this airline company and anyone booking with them should reckon with extremely poor customer experience.
RouteMemmingen to Timisoara
Date FlownOctober 2020

"don't expect this company to help you whatsoever"

Trip Verified | I paid £49.50 to have my bag transported in the hold but it did not arrive at the destination. The baggage handler assured me this would be sent onto my accommodation but this did not happen. I was unable to contact anyone from Wizz Air or their baggage handler Avia Partner who was able to help. Neither company had an open office at the airport. As I had no luggage whatsoever, I was forced to curtail my trip. I later found out that my bag had been held at Gatwick and no attempt had been made to send it onto me. Wizz Air have declined to reimburse me for expenses incurred apart from basic toiletries and underwear. The worst thing is they haven't agreed to refund the hold baggage fee even though this is a service that was never provided! The bottom line is don't expect this company to help you whatsoever if things go wrong. You would have more luck shouting at a brick wall.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Tenerife
Date FlownDecember 2020

"customer service is extremely rude"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I couldn't legally travel and the airline refused to refund or allow a change of flight. I've asked for a statement that they won't provide a refund so that I can claim it through insurance and they refuse to provide one. The customer service is extremely rude and absolutely useless! Their website doesn't even make sense, none of their customer emails work, if they cant set up a proper email I wouldn't trust them to fly a plane.
RouteLuton to Gibraltar