Wizz Air

"a rubbish flight"

Not Verified | Cluj-napoca to Liverpool. At the airport they wanted to take my over sized baggage away without giving me a receipt or labeling it and staff were not polite in these situations which made it worse. So not a good start. I fly several times a year and this plane had the worst leg room experienced. I am 6ft but can always get my legs in, even if tightly. On this plane I had to sit in an aisle seat to be able to get one leg in on an angle and the other in the aisle. Because I was bolt upright I couldn't put my head on the rest. No recline to help either. Hence a rubbish flight.
RouteCluj-napoca to Liverpool
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Don't fly with this airline"

Not Verified | Luton to Larnaca. Wish I read some of these reviews before I flew with them. Got ripped off big time. Got charged at the gate for our cabin bags £48, the same bag I fly every where with. How clever were they. They wait until you get to the gate when you have no one to give your case too before dropping the bombshell on you. I said I have no money and they said leave it and get it back on your return flight. They said get priority on the way back and you won't have this problem. We did and thought we had for £20, however, when I called to confirm why its only for one of us, they said, it's £14 for the case and £6 for the admin fee. I explained, I did it on line which clearly says it free but no she argued it is what it is. Tried several times to check in online but couldn't. Got to the airport and was charged 70euros to check in. We explained we tried and they said, sorry they are only doing what they have been told and if we don't pay, we can't fly. The only reason we checked in coming back because one had seat at 4 and the other at 26 row going over to Cyprus. They never charged us at Luton to check in but return they did. Don't understand how they keep changing the rules to suit themselves and not the customers. The staff are so rude and not very helpful at all, you have to pay and that it. No apology or explanation. Don't fly with this airline. Pay a little more and use another airline as they will always find another charge to hit you with. The bosses really need to be looking at what is going on with their airline otherwise they will go the same why as a lot of other airlines, down the pan. Diabolical Experience.
RouteLuton to Larnaca

"friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | Excellent journey from London Luton to Budapest with Wizz Air. My experience from start to finish was outstanding, the airline is very efficient in the handling of luggage and as long as you pay clear attention to the cabin bag requirements you will be absolutely fine and avoid any fines. We were initially very sceptical of flying with this airline with its bad reviews, however we were delighted to find that the airline was excellent. The flight itself was smooth, seats were spacious even for my 6’4 partner. All staff we encountered were friendly and efficient. Thoroughly impressed!
RouteLondon Luton to Budapest

"really uncomfortable"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Kiev. I paid for check-in in the Frankfurt airport 35 EUR per person. Also, we bought priority boarding, which did not exist. Also, we paid for the cabin bags, but there are no places to leave them. We kept them front of our chair. It was really uncomfortable. Also, they drove us by bus to the plane for 15 minutes. Never buy priority boarding via Wizz Air. Try to not to fly by this airline even if the flight ticket is cheaper. You will pay more on boarding.
RouteFrankfurt to Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"25 eur extra for cabin bag"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Billund to Iași. Had to pay about 25 eur extra for cabin bag. Cabin bag allowed only with priority check in, but the information are somehow hidden between all the offers pushed through the online operation of buying and checking in. It is important to read well all the information on the website!
RouteBillund to Iași
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Ended up paying twice"

Not Verified | Terrible airline. Do not fly with Wizz Air. Having paid for checking in my luggage, it looked like it fitted in the bag sizes so I decided to take the bag on the plane, only to find out there are 2 different bag sizers. Ended up paying twice. Fly with BA from Heathrow to Sofia instead!
RouteSofia to Luton
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"steer clear of Wizz Air"

Trip Verified | I have also encountered problems with Wizz Air. Their customer service helpline, because of their complicated website I rang the customer service number and was charged £8.71 for a 4 min call, and still no help! Was charged an extra €25 for my cabin bag, that bag has been all over the world and never been charged before! On checking in for return flights, the app would not let me book seats together with my wife. But surprise surprise, after I had pressed the random seats option, I was offered the option to change seats, at a cost of €37 each! What a rip off, steer clear of Wizz Air.
RouteLuton to Budapest
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Do not fly with this airline"

Not Verified | Luton to Tromsø. Do not fly with this airline - customer care is non existent. While they will fulfil their legal obligations, they have no concern towards their passengers. We were unnecessarily delayed 31 hours, leading to many people cancelling their entire trip. Following an aborted landing due to bad weather (understandable if due to safety reasons, although other flights managed to land 30 mins before and afterwards), we were redirected to Stavanger in south Norway, two thirds of the way back to our starting point. There were many airports on the way that we could have stopped at instead (Trondheim, Narvik, Alesund, Bergen, Oslo, the list goes on) so we knew there was something not right going on, and were given minimal updates throughout (for example, where Stavanger was). Two hours after landing there, we were told that we were being returned to Luton and there was no other option. There was no reason for this redirection all that way except that the airline knew they needed the plane in the morning for other flights, and lied to the passengers about the reason. They could have put us up in Oslo/Trondheim/Alesund/Bergen etc and returned to Tromso early the next morning - surely that is easier and cheaper for them in fuel costs than having to take an entire plane back to London and then put on an entirely new flight the next day?
RouteLuton to Tromsø
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"customer services are terrible"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Warsaw. Wizzair customer services are terrible. It would be better if customer services didn’t exist at all. The company would save lots of money on useless call centres, their employees, trainings. That’s how they deal with my query: ”We are sorry to inform you that we do not provide support in the Polish language. Because we want to help you with your request, we kindly ask you to address another claim in one of these languages: Bulgarian, English, German, Serbian, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, or Catalan.” Despite many emails and phone calls in English language, 6 months later I still haven’t received any answer to my claim. All I heard was: “I’ll escalate Your case to adequate department and they will contact You”. Last person I spoke to contradicted herself when I asked to confirm the date they would contact me further and in the end she hang up on me. Will I fly with Wizzair again? Yes, they are cheap. Will I use any of their additional services?
RouteBirmingham to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2018

"stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Luton. Absolutely stay away from this airline, never brings your hold luggage along with the flight. Came from Cyprus yesterday and my 5 luggage are still in Cyprus, they dont even know when they can bring it, same happened to my cousin two weeks ago as well, ridiculous management.
RouteLarnaca to Luton