Wizz Air

"Appalling size of carry on allowed"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Luton. Appalling size of carry on allowed. Staff at boarding walk around singling people out to be told to fit bags in the tiny space in front of everyone else. People forced to kneel down in front of monosyllabic empty staff members with no compassion. Utterly degrading. My bag fitted within the checked size but needed readjusting. Unfriendly experience from start to finish. I will never travel with wizz again.
RouteBudapest to Luton

"Worst flying experience"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Lisbon to Vienna. All bad. Started by charging extra 27EUR for my small trolley. No Portuguese receipt. Bad seats, little space, bad service. Avoid avoid avoid. Worst flying experience ever.
RouteLisbon to Vienna
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"can't fault them at all"

Not Verified | Warsaw to Edinburgh. I was worried after reading bad reviews. I would like to say they were fantastic, probably the best I have flown with. The staff were friendly, plane was comfortable, took off on time, can't fault them at all.
RouteWarsaw to Edinburgh

"could not check in"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt-Hahn to Sibiu. Worst airline, website did not work so could not check in. Arrived very early to airport as it said if we arrive 2 hours before flight we will be assisted free of charge. We got there not only to have to pay 70€ (35 per ticket) for them to print a paper worth no more than 10 cents, but were also told that the flight we booked months ago was over booked and we do not have seats due to us not checking in online. Offered no assistance. They are horrible and will never use them again and i advise you to stay away as well. Attached photo of the message we received.
RouteFrankfurt-Hahn to Sibiu
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"worst flight I‘ve ever had"

Trip Verified | Cluj-Napoca to Berlin. This is the worst flight I‘ve ever had. The flight attendant just offered some short persons XL chairs, although behind them were very tall persons. The seats are the smallest seats I‘ve ever sat in. I wouldn’t recommend anyone over 185 cm to fly with them. Bad food, bad flight attendants, very small seats and it‘s very cold!
RouteCluj-Napoca to Berlin
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I had to stand for half an hour"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | Belgrade to Malta. I wouldn’t recommend Wizz Air to anyone. On the flight to our destination I had to stand for half an hour (which is a third of our flight as it lasted an hour and a half) because the rude cabin crew didn’t want to let me pass from the on board toilet back to my seat. Then, they didn’t inform us that we need to check in for our returning flight (which is possible 3 hours before the flight) so when we arrived at the airport 2 hours before the flight, our tickets were canceled so we had to pay an extra 70 euros for the two of us in order to get back home, which really ruined our overall experience.
RouteBelgrade to Malta
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they just don’t care about their customers"

Trip Verified | London Luton to Tirana. I would give 0/10 but that is not an option. The size of the hand luggage is ludicrously small for one piece. When booking I bought the extra size. I was then annoyed to see at the check in those who had larger than the allowed size were being let through without having to pay more, some had two or three bags. The staff were mentioning it was too big to some but letting them through anyway, some they were charging. If the policy is to allow bigger bags fair enough but what is really unfair is my bag was only slightly bigger than the allowed size, so why did others not have to pay for bigger and I did? (I took pictures to prove it). I complained about this via the form on the website and the response had nothing to do with the complaint. I replied saying this and they said it was too late now. Their number is really hard to find but I called and was told I would be transferred, I was put on hold for 20 minutes and then they cut me off. I called back, no apology, I was told someone would call me back that day, a week later nothing. I left messages on twitter, they ignored them – although they “liked” a reply to one of my messages which suggested I called them again, so they were aware but not bothered to try and resolve it. I kept on leaving messages on twitter, eventually they told me to call the number I originally, although that was a battle to get it from them. I called and was told no one on that number could help and as for the lack of service he wouldn’t apologise “as it was nothing to do with him”. He didn’t listen to what I was saying but eventually said he would escalate it and I would get an email – which is rubbish by this point. Over a week later nothing. I am now far more angry about the way they deal with their customers, they seem to want to aggravate them, rather than resolve issues. They put down so many hurdles in the hope we will give up – they just want to take the money and not have to worry about us. It’s a real shame as they could have resolved this in one email, but instead they have proven they just don’t care about their customers.
RouteLondon Luton to Tirana
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"going down hill very rapidly"

Not Verified | Luton to Kraków . Been flying with Wizz for about four years now. At least three times a year if not more. At first thought it was a good airline and no complaints but now seems to be going down hill very rapidly. Airline staff good but check in staff rude and customer services absolutely appalling. Had so many issues this year so far and it’s only February. I know all airlines reschedule flights but we’ve had six flights changed already and it was an absolute nightmare trying to rebook them. The app wouldn’t let us book and customer services were rude and unhelpful. Took us many attempts speaking to different customers services operators to get it done. We also had to change our parking at the airport which we’d booked with Wizz and ended up being out of pocket by £80 but as Wizz said to us that is not their problem. They just don’t care. After all that stress and having to change leave at work I have now just had another email from them telling me they’ve rescheduled the flights all over again and on top of that I’ve just spoken to customer services and they’re saying I haven’t paid for one of my flights which is untrue. You couldn’t write this stuff! Just a word of warning to all. The number they give on their app for customer services is £1.45 per minute.
RouteLuton to Kraków
Date FlownDecember 2019

"haven’t give me any refund"

Trip Verified | Worst company. They had to cancel the flight from 19.12.2019 from Doncaster to Cluj, and they haven’t give me any refund. I have submitted several complains and they haven’t replied neither. Try to avoid!
RouteDoncaster to Cluj
Date FlownDecember 2019

"charged 37 Euros for check in"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Budapest. I would give you zero stars if i could. System would not let me check in online, because Wizz changed our flight time by 20 min. I kept getting error messages. Got to the airport and was charged 37 Euros for check in and another 57 Euros for checking a bag. Everyone i have interaction with from check in to plane was extremely rude and uncaring.
RouteGatwick to Budapest