Wizz Air

"Never gonna fly with them again"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Me and my husband used Wizz Air for the first and the last time. Everything was quite alright before we had to come back to Italy. We have paid 20kg luggage. From Italian airport we were going with slightly heavier suitcase. And we know by experience that on almost empty flights it’s not a problem. They checked us in without charging. But in Romanian airport coming back they charged us 60€ for 7 kg overweight. Can you imagine that we paid 51€ for 20kg both ways and now they charge us for 60€ in PLUS for 7kg. And the problem is that I would gladly pay adequate sum of money for those 7kg but they prefer to lose clients for one time profit. And yeah they sent us the bill for 40€ and when we told that we paid 60€ they said that another 20€ it’s airport service. Also they broke my suitcase lock. Never gonna fly with them again and do not advice to you if you have luggage.
RouteVerona to Suceava
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I will avoid them at all costs"

Not Verified | Wizz Air lost my luggage on the 31st August from Barcelona to Katowice. No one called me to update me about the status. 2.5 weeks later I received a piece of luggage to my home address and this is not my luggage! There is no way to contact them, no one is picking up the phone and no one is responding to emails. I will avoid them at all costs!
RouteBarcelona to Katowice
Date FlownAugust 2020

"charged me twice for my flight"

Trip Verified | Wizz Air charged me twice for my flight because of an error on their website. It happened in December 2019. It is now September 2020 and I still have not been issued with a refund. Wizz Air has already said twice that they issued me with a refund, but they never did. The worst customer service ever. Never flying with Wizz Air again.
RouteLondon to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Absolutely disgusting"

Trip Verified | Absolutely disgusting. Terrible service from the beginning to the end. Multiple extra charges for reasons which were not made clear anywhere on the website or in emails sent by Wizzair. Looks cheap, but in reality will end up more expensive than every reputable airline out there, just lacking leg room and given a slab of plastic for a headrest.
RouteKrakow to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"the worst airline company"

Trip Verified | Has to be one of the worst airline company I have ever dealt with. Refused entry to board at the gate because an attendant could not understand what a flight pass is even though the Wizz Air website suggested the form is filled to gain entry. Manager dealt with the situation after the plane left then couldnt care less what happens after that. No customer service as it is all online (thank goodness for credit cards).
RouteLuton to Larnaca

"a company to avoid"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Lisbon. Worst company I have ever flew with. I will never again travel in this company. The tickets are cheap but after that any extra is overcharged unless one is traveling with a backpack this is a company to avoid. Beside all of to have any safety regarding any any last minute restrictions like now due to COVID buying an extra insurance is the only way to get your money back. While on the first CIVD wave I had the money refunded by the insurance company, now on the so called 2nd wave Hungary was refusing to let me enter the country, Wizz Air refused to return the money or even refund me the value in vouchers for the flight I had booked 3 weeks before the Hungarian government announced restrictions to foreigners. I flew on Wizz Air on the 22nd of August 2020 and this was the last time I did it.
RouteBudapest to Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not pay you legal compensation"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Wizz air cancel flights at a day's notice and will not pay you legal compensation you are entitled to. Cabin crew are usually attentive and professional. They should resume domestic flights in Portugal.
RouteLisbon to Kyiv
Date FlownAugust 2020

"They make Ryanair look good"

Trip Verified | Just terrible. Everything is an extra charge. Even booster seat for child. They make Ryanair look good. Insufficient ground staff means you better enjoy queuing too, and be sure to get to the airport very early. Be warned!
RouteHeraklion to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2020

"never fly with Wizz Air again"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | As I was browsing through the additional services offered by Wizz Air, the Wizz Air website wrongfully redirected me while purchasing Wizz priority for my return flight and led me to purchase an additional baggage for my outbound flight. I tried to contact Wizz Air's customer service as soon as I completed the payment through their payment phone numbers but the operators refused to help me, arguing the website was working. I assure you it's not. I was using the Chrome browser on my desktop computer and the website probably messed up between different services I had been browsing. As a result, upon an expense of 26€ for my outbound and return flights, I had to spend a total of 34€ for Wizz priority and an additional 31€ for the wrongfully purchased additional 10kg luggage. Furthermore, no protection against the Covid-19 emergency is adopted in flight. Passengers are seated really close and the flight attendants do not warn those who are not properly wearing a mask. I will never fly with Wizz Air again.
RouteMilan Malpensa to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2020

"service was absolutely despicable"

Not Verified | After last year returning from Turkey with Wizz air being charged and extortionate amount for a few kilos of excess baggage I swore that I would never ever use them again but because of the lockdown and flight complications we needed to fly to Athens this summer so I’ve booked tickets from Wizz from Luton to Athens. Again the company's service was absolutely despicable, we attempted to check in 24 hours before could not find two seats together, and when we boarded the plane the pilot assured us that the flight was full. On observation after take off there was at least 15 pairs of empty seats on the plane. In view of the current situation with lockdown and the airline industry I think they would be well advised to liven up their act and provided a better service.
RouteLuton to Athens