Wizz Air

"wonderful experience"

(Romania)

Bucharest to Oslo. I flew WizzAir, June 2019, and it was my first flight ever. Despite all the bad reviews, I had a wonderful experience with them. I had the Light “plan” selected with Wizz Priority added. I had no issues or whatsoever regarding my cabin luggage (did not have any checked-in baggage), the process at the gate went smoothly and very quickly (might be worth mentioning that on both outbound and return flights, the gate opened with a delay but regardless, everything went pretty fast afterwards). You only get priority when boarding the bus and at the gate, when they do the check-in, not when boarding the aeroplane like one may think. The cabin crew were very friendly and helpful, the outbound flight was extremely smooth, no turbulences at all, the returning one had a few moments where it was slightly shaky. Yet, it was all good. The online check-in process was very easy. Be aware that if you do not check-in online, you pay a fee for the airport check-in. As for the luggage again, they even let this woman with a bag that clearly exceeded their dimensions limit in the cabin. Maybe she got lucky. Overall, I would fly Wizz again and I will in December, the same route. Absolutely love it. No “hidden” or “extra” fees as long as you read their rules carefully. For everybody else complaining, it is a low-cost company after all. Comparing it to other low-cost companies, I find Wizz the best when it comes to fares and services and everything else. It cannot get better than this.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteBucharest to Oslo
Date FlownJune 2019

"Disaster from start to finish"

Trip Verified | Athens to Luton. Disaster from start to finish. The most ridiculously unorganized company I have ever flown with I would strongly discourage you from flying with them. I probably don’t even have enough lines to describe the nightmare of flying with them. Mostly the 4 hour delay that put me into my destination at 4 am, the shuffling at the airport, the extra fees although I had tried to download the pass on my app that wasn’t working, the rude agents. It was so ongoing. The follow up “customer service” has been pathetic and infuriating .
RouteAthens to Luton
Date FlownJune 2019

"Wizz Air exploits their customers"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Wizz Air from Vienna to Stockholm. Two weeks before the departure, I was notified of a time change of the departure. When I tried to check-in online, the system showed that "online check-in is not possible for disrupted flights". As I arrived at the check-in desk at the airport, they charged me 35 EUR for airport check- in, although I had absolutely no other option of checking in. When I claimed a refund due to the system failure via e-mail, customer service staff dismissed it since I have not contacted their Call Center when online check-in didn’t work. First, the e-mail with the flight rescheduling never mentioned that I should contact the Call Center when online check-in doesn’t work. Second, Wizz Air charges 1.081 EUR/minute for their Call Center. Wizz Air exploits their customers by hidden fees and extra charges. Never book a flight with Wizz Air!
RouteVienna to Stockholm

"true nightmare experience"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Luton. Terrible experience with Wizz Air Priority which is a total joke. Lisbon airport terminal 2 can't accommodate the number of passengers it receives nor can it process priority boarding. I was one of the last to board. A true nightmare experience. Flight delayed three hours, arrived in London in the morning.
RouteLisbon to Luton

"Hidden charges everywhere"

Not Verified | Budapest to London. Beware Wizz Air. Hidden charges everywhere. The cost of the flights tripled once add ons combined. Didn’t open online check in until after we left home then charged 60 euros per person for airport check in. Of course we had the option to not fly, I am unlikely to use this airline again.
RouteBudapest to London

"cabin crew so friendly"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Cluj to Bari with Wizz Air. Flight was nice and cabin crew so friendly. I had a 30 minutes delay but it did not affect my trip. Cabin was modern and cozy. I really recommend this airline for short flights and low prices.
RouteCluj to Bari
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"No complaints. Great"

Trip Verified | We flew family of 4 from Luton to Athens on Monday 1st July on the 16.10 flight. We booked upfront business priority tickets which is in the top price range which came to £325 per person which in the scheme of things is above and beyond British Airways which for me in economy Europe has become a very lazy but overpriced airline. In, this price category apart from being in the more spacious front row we also got 32kg hold luggage allowance and cabin bag allowance. You can shape and fashion your travel experience by upgrading your services. If you are in basic you save money and get basic. Your choice. The departure was delayed by air traffic control but the crew managed brilliantly by managing. A visit to the cockpit which was enjoyed by many passengers. We took off 45 mins later and no one grumbled. The captain and crew were stars and worked hard and were friendly. Just be prepared to purchase the level of extras you desire. No complaints. Great.
RouteLuton to Athens

"Absolutely appalling"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Luton. We arrived to check in to see a mass of people not in structured queues as there were more than double the amount of people for the standard queue barricades they had set up. It was a funnel effect of a large mass of people trying to jam in to one small entry line with no direction from surrounding staff who were simply standing there. Nobody was taking initiative. I asked a staff member where exactly we should be queuing for our flight and she directed us to 3 counters further down. We waited in the queue for half an hour. Then a different staff member asked if I was priority. I said no. She said I need to move to the next line. Turns out two lines are standard and one is priority however we weren’t told that and the priority line was written in small writing at the front counter at the bottom of the screen. After this staff member turned several people to the correct queue I suggested to her she could go through the very large line and check with people before they spend half hour in the line only to get to her and be told it’s the wrong line. She did this and subsequently 80% of the line had to move as they were also told the wrong thing. There were a lot of angry people. We then queued for another half hour in the right line only to get to the counter and the boy behind the counter to say he could not check me in. Because I hadn’t checked in online. When in actual fact my partner who booked my ticket with his on the same booking could not book me in online. He tried several times but the website seemed to not allow it. This was an IT issue not our fault however we were being penalised by being made to now pay for a ticket to be issued. We were sent to a different desk. The guy changed some things in the system. He said due to booking through an external booking provider it causes glitches in the system and I was not in my partners booking despite having a confirmation email and having paid for my ticket. He said next time to book direct. If external booking systems don’t work, then don’t allow people to buy a ticket through them?!we then had to go back to the same counter, explain to other customers why we were pushing in and then explain to the original boy that we were permitted to continue. Of which he questioned.we then only just make it to boarding and stand inline for 20 mins before another staff member who had been looking at everyone’s bags pulled me aside to say my carry on was too big. He waited til almost everyone had boarded before pulling a select few aside to charge for bags. Mine was literally 5cm over the bar: after 20 something flights this is the first time I have been stopped.my bag fit under the seat!!! This delayed the flight further due to people having to unexpectedly pay for luggage that was not questioned upon check in. Absolutely appalling, service lacking severely in initiative and customer service. Never again.
RouteBudapest to Luton
Date FlownJuly 2019

"lack of on-time performance"

Trip Verified | Luton to Lisbon. Over the last few weeks I have taken several flights between London and Lisbon on Wizz Air. Every flight I have taken has been delayed to some extent: the shortest delay I can recall was of 20 minutes; the longest was of about 2.5 hours. My flight on 2nd July was delayed by 1.5 hours. Wizz Air has used a variety of excuses when apologising in the aircraft for the delay in taking-off and arrival so it's not even worth repeating them. There is no point passengers and potential passengers trying to identify the reasons why this company seems incapable of taking-off and landing at the correct time, particularly on certain routes and particularly from Luton. The cabin crew on all my flights have been polite and professional but they too have seemed jaded and worn-down by the lack of on-time performance; after all, a flight that lands at 2.30am (instead of at the scheduled midnight) means a very late arrival home for the crew as well. The standard crew comment that "this is aviation and you have to expect such things" is now becoming the company's mantra. I don't care that Wizz Air charges for all types of luggage after the first small personal item; I don't care that I have to pay for seat selection as well as for food and drink; nor do I care much about the cleanliness of the exterior and interior of the aircraft. At the end of the day, I want what most people want: I want to arrive at my destination safely and at the time shown on the timetable. I regard Wizz Air as safe but, in my experience, the chances of arriving on time at a destination are, sadly, not very high.
RouteLuton to Lisbon

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I would give them zero stars if I could. There was an issue checking into the flight as they oversell all the seats. At the airport they made me pay £32 to check in to then tell me I didn’t have a seat on the aeroplane but they would issue a refund. On my return I tried to get this refund processed and they have refused to pay. Another set of flights they drastically changed the flight times, one changing from 1525 in the afternoon to 6.50am! Terrible customer service and they are trying to rip you off where ever possible. Will definitely never book with them again. Awful company.
RouteLuton to Gdansk