Wingo

"crew to give me troubles"

(Panama)

Trip Verified | When i did the check in, the girl told me i cant do the boarding if I dont have a return ticket for Bogota (where i went). I said, i went a lot of times in Bogota and they never asked me for that. She didn't care and told me if i don't buy a return ticket, she wont let me do the check in. I had no choice to buy a ticket and set up my bank account in negative. Of course in Bogota they didn't ask me to show any return ticket (the date of my departure of Bogota i mean). Thanks a lot at this amazing crew to give me troubles.
RoutePanama to Bogota
Date FlownOctober 2021

"would not refund or reschedule me"

Trip Verified | Terrible. First and last flight with them. They had airplane maintenance issues which caused my first leg to be 3.5 hours late. Which cause me to miss my 2nd flight with them! And they would not schedule me on the next flight which was 2 days later. They said I had to buy a new ticket. So they caused me to miss the 2nd flight and would not refund or reschedule me.
RouteCartagena to Bogota
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Their customer service is terrible"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Their customer service is terrible and website barely functions. They have a chat bot that does literally nothing (attached screenshot) and was not able to make any changes to my flight because the website is broken (screenshot also attached). When calling the support number it rings for 5 minutes then just hangs up on me. How am I supposed to administer or make changes to my flight? Absolutely useless.
RouteCancun to Bogota
Date FlownJune 2021

"customer service is completely non existent"

Not Verified | Do not fly this airline unless you absolutely have to. On a positive note, the plane was fairly comfortable. If you have a problem with your flight, you will not be able to resolve it and you will just lose money and be angry like I am. There are a million problems with the website and customer service is completely non existent at this company. Try calling their US number before you decide if fly if you're an American citizen, it just hangs up on me right away. The Wingo desk at Bogota airport is also very poorly trained and unfamiliar with many rules. As you know, there are always small issue that arise when flying, and it's too risky to fly Wingo.
RouteBogota to Cancun
Date FlownApril 2021

"stay away from this airline"

(Venezuela)

Trip Verified | Venezuelans, stay away from this airline. We bought tickets from Wingo to travel from Cancun to Caracas. For this destination the airline scheduled a long layover in Bogota. A few days before our flight, Wingo cancelled the Bogota-Caracas portion saying the airline was prevented from flying from Bogota into Venezuela. According to Wingo, this was a force majeure case. This is in no way a force majeure case. When the airline sold me the tickets they knew they were not allowed to flight from Bogota to Caracas while other direct flights from Mexico to Caracas were allowed. The airline tried everything to keep our money and escape liability. It wanted us to take the Cancun-Bogota fligh (because that one was not cancelled), leave us there and reimburse only the Bogota-Caracas portion. When we asked for a full refund to buy the tickets from another airline and be able to go to our destination, they refused saying that they were not responsible for us not being able to enter the country. We are Venezuelan citizens and at that time we were not prevented from entering into Venezuela neither due to the Covid-19 pandemic nor by any other reason. If you know that you cannot flight to a destination, you shouldn't be selling tickets to that destination with the plan to leave the passangers stranded in the layover location. The airline knew it was not going to be able to fulfill the contract as it was entered into and the customer should not be penalized for the airline's short sigh, bad planning or plain shady procedures. The airline cannot profit from its own mistakes and lack of planning. We insisted many times to get a full refund and the airline decided to close our case alleging lack of response from us. Two months later we haven't received the full reimburse nor any explanation from the airline.
RouteCancun to Caracas via Bogota
Date FlownMarch 2021

"we were not allowed to board"

Trip Verified | My husband had a problem with his passport, and so we were not allowed to board. (He is a Venezuelan with an expired passport, and we spoke to the airline MULTIPLE times about this and we were always told it is not a problem as many Latin American countries are letting Venezuelans travel on expired passports for 2 years). Since we were not allowed to board, we wanted to cancel and get a voucher. We were told we had to call the airline to do that. So, after holding for 30 min, we were told we couldnt cancel because it was within the 3 hour window and no cancellations are permitted . (we were at 2 hr and 45 min before takeoff to be exact). I asked to speak to a supervisor and waited another 40 min and guess what! I was told the same thing. Then I wrote them, and guess what! I was told the same thing. I have reached out to them anyway possible and I either dont get a reply or they just tell me its my fault. I understand rules, but we did everything in good faith, and they wont even give us a voucher for further travel.
RouteBogota to Cancun
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"offered excellent service"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Havana. Since the beginning of my trip planning, Wingo offered excellent service. First of all, it was very easy to book, and as a low-cost airline where you know they will search many ways to make some extra money, they were very clear all the time with what you were able to do if you didn't want to pay more than the plane ticket. Ground service offered the Cuban visa before taking off. I found this a very good quota of service. The flight day I was surprised for them to be so punctual. We started the itinerary on time, arriving at Havana's airport earlier than expected. The seats were really comfortable considering that it is a low-cost airline, comfy legroom plus good in-flight service. They offer a menu with many options to eat in flight, and I consider they have really good prices, and they can get cheaper if you can pay in Colombian Peso due to the exchange tax. If you want to have more extra space in the seat you can pay $20 in-flight or COP 60.000. I recommend Wingo if you don't have a really big budget and if you don't care about having entertainment for international flights.
RouteBogota to Havana
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The service is terrible"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Aruba to Bogotá. 1 hour before boarding I was informed that the images I had of the yellow fever vaccination card were not enough for the Aruba authorities, who would require me the physical document. I asked them to allow me to go through migration again, since I could only do so in the company of an airline person and they told me that they would accompany me when the flight had closed. If I had counted on your collaboration I would have been able to request a copy of the card and have been able to address it in a timely manner. It makes no sense to use a low-cost airline to miss the flight. The service is terrible. 1 hora antes de abordar me informaron que las imágenes que tenía del carné de vacunación contra la fiebre amarilla no era suficientes para las autoridades de Aruba, quienes me exigirían el documento físico. Les pedí que me permitieran pasar de nuevo por migración, ya que únicamente podía hacerlo en compañía de una persona de la aerolínea y me dijeron que me acompañarían cuando el vuelo hubiera cerrado. Si hubiera contado con su colaboración hubiera podido solicitar una copia del carné y haber podido abordar en el tiempo justo. No tiene sentido usar una aerolínea de bajo costo para perder el vuelo. El servicio es terrible.
RouteAruba to Bogotá
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Beware of this airline"

(Slovenia)

Not Verified | Mexico City to Bogota. Beware of this airline company! We booked with Wingo because of the cheap flight they offered. Because we know low cost airline companies usually have all kinds of methods to make you pay extra we read carefully all the info that was presented in their website while booking the flight. The night before our flight we did check in on Wingo website and again read carefully everything about the process. In the morning when we came to give our bags and we were informed that we must have a printed tickets (wasn't mentioned no where) and a print screen shot in the phone is not acceptable. Apparently they are the only company that a phone screen shot of the tickets does'nt work in the check point to the security. We had to pay Wingo just for a simple print of paper 600 Mexican peso which is about 30 euro. So rude! Of course, there was nowhere in the airport a place with a printing machine so we had to pay this rip-off. Besides us, there was another couple who had the same story. After arriving in Colombia we went to their customer service in the airport to complain, we demanded to see where was it written that we need to print the tickets, the girls who worked there couldn't find this as well and told us to send an official complaint to the company website. We did, the company refused to compensate us with out a reasonable explanation. Bottom line I think this is just a way to rip people of, very disappointed. Won't recommend this airline company.
RouteMexico City to Bogota
Date FlownJuly 2019

"está sola y ya sin medicamento"

(Panama)

Trip Verified | Cali to Panama. Que un representante sea un total patan y grosero, aunque haya agentes decentes, deja caer mal a todo el equipo. Mi mamá, una señora de la tercera edad e hipertensa, fue humillada y maltratada por un agente en Cali. Hasta uno de los de migración, le pidieron respeto a la Sra. Desde el inicio no respondió ni los buenos días, le pidió un dinero en efectivo y dice que le faltan $100 para poder viajar y no la dejo ni hablar y la corrió de inmediato, dijo: siguiente retírese no viaja así y punto? Increíble, ahora mi mamá tiene la tensión alta con los nervios acelerados, no la dejaron viajar, no sabe que hacer, está sola y ya sin medicamento.
RouteCali to Panama