Wideroe

"I waited nearly an hour to get my checked bag"

Trip Verified | I waited nearly an hour to get my checked bag from the carousel. Someone could have walked each individual bag from the plane faster. I missed my next flight because this airline doesn't know how to move a bag from a plane to a carousel.
RouteSogndal to Oslo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst airline I've ever flown"

Trip Verified | Quite simply, the worst airline I've ever flown. Flew four times with them in August 2022. All delayed. Substantially. Last one, Bodø to Stavanger had a 12 hours delay, no information, no announcement, passengers left in dark, tense atmosphere amongst passengers. Had to leave security area, queue at check in for meal coupon if 150 krona which didn't het you much. Check in staff totally indifferent. And their tickets aren't cheap. They've monopoly on some routes. Unfortunately your have to use them for some routes in Northern Norway. Flight itself, cramped seats, unfriendly cabin crew - all of that i wouldn't mind if they arrive in time, and not 12 hours late
RouteBodo to Stavanger
Date FlownAugust 2022

"choose another company if possible"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | The boss at Kjevik airport need more experience about customer services.. Rude and don't listen if u complain or need help. I Will choose another company if possible.
RouteKristiansand to Bergen
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Handles the current strike very poorly"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Handles the current strike very poorly. There is extremely little information. We were worried about the strikes but got no info that any flight would be canceled the same day so we went to the airport. Once there, the gate will not appear on the screen until about 20 minutes before the flight is to leave. Then the flight is delayed 1h. Finally, half the airline is canceled 10 minutes before departure. Then about 30 minutes later the other half. O.m we and other travelers could get info earlier at least in the morning the same day we could have booked a train or similar to take us home / to our destination. But since we do not get any info, we lose at least one day on travel / miss important scheduled meetings etc. The staff does not know much more and we are referred to check our mobile phones to get information about hotels. Do not recommend! Hanterar den rådande strejken mkt dåligt. Det är extremt lite information. Vi var oroliga för strejkerna men fick ingen info om att något flyg skulle vara inställt samma dag så vi åkte in till flygplatsen. Väl där kommer inte gaten upp på skärmen förrän ca 20 min innan flyget skall gå. Sen blir flyget försenat 1h. Sist blir halva flygsällskapet avbokat 10 min innan avgång. Därefter ca 30 min senare övriga halvan. O.m vi och andra resenärer kunde få info tidigare i alla fall på morgonen samma dag hade vi kunnat boka tåg eller liknande för att ta oss hem/till vårt resmål. Men eftersom vi inte får någon info så förlorar vi minst en dag på att resa/missar viktiga inplanerade möten etc. Personalen vet inte så mkt mer och vi hänvisas till att kolla på våra mobiltelefoner för att få information om hotell. Rekommenderar inte!
RouteBergen to Göteborg
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Customer service is zero!"

Trip Verified | Possibly the worst airline I have had the misfortune to use. Delayed over 12 hours on outbound journey. No ground staff to greet us and walked aimlessly around an airport asking for help. Had to take 3 flights the following day to get to our destination. Customer service is zero! Will never use this airline again.
AircraftDash
RouteTromso to London via Bergen
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Rude and incompetent customer service"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Rude and incompetent customer service. I had a question regarding one of their policies and not only did they talk down to me like I'm a child, they gave me false information (I checked later with their cabin crew). Everyone I know who's had the displeasure of dealing with Widerøes customer service have had roughly the same experience. It's a shame because they sometimes provide one of the cheaper flights in Norway, but I'd rather pay an extra 10% to avoid this company. The trip itself was ok.
RouteBergen to Trondheim
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not reimbursing the customers"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Norwegian government closed the borders, but the company insists in acting at least immorally. Since tourist cannot enter the country, we cannot fly internally, and the company is not reimbursing the customers. Weird way to make money. In these moments we see how certain companies keep their ethical standards.
Date FlownJune 2020

"definitely do not recommend"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Bergen to Tromso. I had a flight the past 18 March (my honeymoon) and due to obvious reasons I could not travel to Tromso and I tried sending a lot of emails to the airline. They were not helpful at all and they do not refund the money. Every airline in the world is helping customers in every way they can by giving vouchers for another flight or even doing full refunds. But Wideroe doesn't seem to see that there is a world pandemic going around and decided to not change at all their policies. I will never use this airline in my life, and I definitely do not recommend it to anyone!
RouteBergen to Tromso
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not received the reimbursement"

Not Verified | We arrived on time for our flight from Bergen to Tromso, but were paged by the desk and advised that the flight was full and they would reimburse us a set amount per ticket if we took the later flight. We agreed and filled out the paperwork. After we were back home in the US, when I had not heard from Wideroe or received reimbursement, I filled out their online form and was contacted advising me that there was some information missing from the form I filled out in the airport, and they would see that the reimbursement was processed right away. It has been about a month and I still have not received the agreed-upon reimbursement. The flight itself was fine, but we would not have agreed to fly later if it were not for the offer of money back.
RouteBergen to Tromso
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Completely disappointing experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Completely disappointing experience! Our flight WF 623 was due to depart on 10.30 am from Tromso and to reach Bergen on 12.30pm. But the flight got delayed for 45 minutes to depart on 11.15 am. At 10.45, the aircraft arrived and we were informed the boarding would proceed as soon as possible. But a staff announced there would be further delay around 30 minutes at least due to technical problem. I saw several staff or engineering crew did something on the plane right engine. Later on, we were informed the flight will be delayed (again!) until further notice. Finally we got called to board on 12.30 pm (seemed like a good news, right?). As the plane was approaching the runway, the pilot announced the aircraft needed to return to base and unable to fly. We were diverted to flight on 17.00 and thank you Wideroe for your excellent service and top notch aircraft we could finally spend our another beautiful day at the beautiful Tromso airport for 6 hours and wasted our Bergen day. And hey, thanks for the free meal coupon! Props to Wideroe! My suggestion: buy a Boeing or Airbus, ok? Not an Embraer
AircraftE190