WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

Shocking flight to Bermuda. Since the flight was full and they had some sort of weight problem they took 20 people's luggage off the plane. This is very bad since Westjet only flies there every couple of days and we're not going to get our baggage for minimum 48 hours. They could have asked us to prioritize our luggage or leave a piece but instead they just took off about 10% of people's luggage. Certainly they have all our contact info so they could have talked to us and they definitely could have had someone meet us at the other end and explain the problem. Instead we all wandered around the baggage carousel for about 30 minutes then made our way to the baggage desk even though Westjet knew our stuff wasn't there. Making matters worse I found out that Westjet does this all the time and they are chronically behind in getting people's luggage to the island.

WestJet Airlines customer review

18 Oct 2012 Vancouver to Ottawa. Most liberal in terms of use of earphones. Also inflight entertainment gets switched on for you to watch from the time you board the plane all the way to landing and arriving at the gate.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Vancouver to Calgary on May 26th with my 2 children. My son has Down syndrome and autism so he travels with a Service dog. Our flight attendant was friendly and personable and she asked if there was anything extra that we needed and anything she and the other flight attendants should know in case of emergency. She pointed out to me that there is an extra oxygen mask which in emergency I could put on the service dog no other flight attendant had ever pointed that out to me before after 5 years of travelling by plane at least once a year. It was not a busy flight so the check in desk even gave our family an extra seat so there would be more room for the dog to stretch out. A pleasant travel experience.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Several years a go I flew WestJet and was pleased at the whole experience so when my son decided he was getting married in Mexico we immediately choose WestJet but the West Jet of yesterday no longer exists. The seats are extremely cramped there was no movie on a 6 hour flight and if you wanted something to eat or drink you paid for it. I recently flew to Cuba on Sunwing and not only was it more comfortable but they offered us 2 meals 2 movies and two pieces of luggage for free all of this cost the same as WestJet. I only hope West Jet listens to their customers and returns some of the perks that came with flying on their airline.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I will never fly Westjet again. I'm a seasoned traveler and have never experienced this kind of incompetence. My 6am flight was cancelled we were unable to get another flight until 4.30pm. The food is awful and their TV's didn't work. What a horrible experience and a waste of a day.
Seat Comfort N/A
Value For Money N/A

WestJet Airlines customer review

I am an experienced flyer but had never flown with WestJet until a few days ago and I will never fly with them again. The service on the Cancun to Toronto flight was appalling. I was flying with my sister who has 2 young children. We were boarded first but only after approaching the attendants as there was no pre-boarding call. Once on the plane my sister asked if she could go to the back to stand with her 5 month old child to put him to sleep while the plane was loading. The flight attendant said no there was no room so have a seat. After take off passengers were bombarded with merchandise play books (as there was no in-flight entertainment provided) headsets food drinks duty free. You had brief mins. of opportunity to go to the washroom as the aisles were always blocked by carts and you were told to sit down and wait while they finished their task. The staff were very unprofessional and rude. At the end of the flight passengers were not even acknowledged as all the attendants were at the back of the plane talking amongst each other.

WestJet Airlines customer review

YYZ-MIA on a 737-700. Flight left and arrived on-time. I enjoyed the "First Bag Free" policy which brought much pleasure to me. The PTVs are a nice addition but it's not supported in southern U.S airspace although free movies were played. The staff were great and the snacks were another perk. Overall great flight!

WestJet Airlines customer review

March 1 YVR-YCC then on to ZLO. while booking I was never aware there was a plane change in Calgary until I was shown 2 separate flight numbers. Flight was delayed and took off 30 min late - my 45 min window to change planes and find the right gate was narrowed to 15 min which is cut off for boarding planes. Asking the flight attendant about my connecting flight she was unaware Westjet flew to ZLO and angrily put the blame on me for "booking flights with too narrow of a window". I made my plane by seconds. Return flight on April 4th. Stewardess just before landing manhandled my carryon to fit in the containers from the kitchen and I was shouted at when after landing I checked to see if my personal items were damaged. As for Baggage landing at 11.40pm I waited until 12.25 to see any baggage descend to the carousel and because of the delay had to pay $70 for a taxi as the rapid transit could no longer get me home.

WestJet Airlines customer review

First flight. Halifax to Cancun and return flight. Great service. Seats larger than stories would have me believe. I am a larger man and had no issues. I have fairly long legs and had no issues with leg room either. Only wish armrests were not hard plastic. Free movies for international flight. Just wish each channel had it's own movie instead of 2 movies with 2-3 staggered copies of the same ones. Flights were always on time or early.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Westjet is no longer the pleasant and relaxing airline it once was. I find the staff increasingly inattentive. I fly to Vancouver from Calgary 4 times a month and rarely get to Vancouver on time. Once my flight was cancelled due to mechanical failure and I was placed on a flight 3 hours later-not good for the morning business crowd. They refused to book me a flight with Air Canada so I had to leave buy a ticket outside the terminal with Air Canada and go through security a 2nd time! Lastly they have recently started selling "extra room" seats for 45$ which includes exit seats so the last 2 flights I've been on (just last week) the exit seats were empty and the stewardesses did not allow anyone to use the seats suggesting they were "extra value" seats - bad business. I never thought I'd say this but it's back to booking with Air Canada.