WestJet Airlines

"the service was wonderful"

Our Calgary to Regina flight with WestJet was delayed through weather. However, the service was wonderful. Came off a late transatlantic and we were both frazzled. Member of staff gave us bottles of water and chatted to relax us. Really impressed and grateful. Good flight and service.
RouteCalgary to Regina
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"staff very pleasant and professional"

My wife and I flew WestJet from Glasgow to Halifax. We live in the north east of England, and for economical reasons, and WestJet offering a direct flight from Glasgow to Halifax we thought this made sense. I must say what a lovely airport Glasgow is, from arriving at the WestJet desk, to landing in Halifax, the WestJet staff, cabin crew etc, were very pleasant and professional. And on the return flight we got the same professional service. I only wish westjet would consider this route all year round. We will definitely be flying with WestJet again.
RouteGlasgow to Halifax
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"excellent service with free upgrades"

We have just flown WestJet and do so frequently from Newfoundland to Toronto. Excellent service with free upgrades due to personal circumstances on this sad trip. Ground staff at Deer Lake amazing and couldn't do enough to help at this time. I am from the UK but live in Newfoundland now, WestJet need to put a year round service from Gander into Manchester, UK.
RouteDeer Lake to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"WestJet was accommodating and empathic"

I recently had to make a change to an existing flight due to a death in my family. WestJet was accommodating and empathic. They switched my flight, finding me the best price. Offered me a bereavement discount and no charge on my luggage. They also told me that should I need to extend my flight they would waive the change fees.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"crew very friendly and accommodating"

Very pleased with both the outbound and return WestJet flights. Both flights were at inconvenient times (very late at night and very early in the morning); plus the outbound one was 1.5 hours late due to pilots arriving late from a connecting flight, so we arrived in Moncton at 2:00 am! Nevertheless, the flight crew on both legs were very friendly and accommodating, the seats were comfortable with exceptionally good legroom (better than I've experienced on several transatlantic flights), and the planes seemed in good condition. The outbound plane had individual IFE screens, but they were tiny and I didn't bother. The return plane was newer and didn't have any screens. I wouldn't hesitate to fly WestJet again for flights up to 3 hours.
RouteToronto to Moncton
Date FlownAugust 2015

WestJet Airlines customer review

Cabin is ok, flight crew were nice but definitely not professional. During the safety demo they flight attendants were joking around. I understand they want to make the flight enjoyable and stress free, there is a time to be a clown. I am a frequent flyer thought I would give WJ another chance but sadly this will be the last time. This airline is not made for the seasoned flyer but for someone who rarely flys. The announcements in the terminal for boarding are way to long and it feels like they are like to hear there own voice. Paid extra for the "plus" seating. It was a bit worth it but you get what you pay for. The flight was excellent, very smooth. Also when doing the meal service please cut back on the jokes and stop trying to be "buddy buddy" with everyone. WJ should talk to their employees about this "toilet paper game" they have going on. Very unprofessional. Would I recommend this airline to others? Yes, for none seasoned travellers and no for people going on business travel it is just too rowdy at times.
RouteToronto to Calgary

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flight to Toronto was delayed 4 hours for unknown reason and the two preceding flights on the same evening were cancelled entirely. On the return flight from Toronto to New York the flight was cancelled due to thunderstorms. Other flights to New York with other airlines were simply delayed. Had to stay overnight in a hotel (not paid for as the cancellation was attributed to weather). The 7 am flight was then also cancelled the following morning, ostensibly due to issues with air traffic control. The next flight at noon left 1.5 hours late as the pilot was coming from another plane.
RouteToronto to New York
Date FlownAugust 2015

WestJet Airlines customer review

Once again very pleasant experience flying with Westjet. Ground staff and flight staff kind and helpful. Flight from Winnipeg to Toronto was delayed for an hour and passengers were informed of the delay at all times. Clean aircraft, generous legroom and comfortable seats.
AircraftBoeing 737-600 and Boeing 737-700
RouteWinnipeg to New York-LGA via Toronto

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flew WestJet across the pond from Glasgow to Toronto with a stop in Halifax. Flight was on time, smooth and overall very pleasant. Ground staff were friendly, flight attendants were as well and the Captain who came out to make a welcome aboard announcement from the galley.They have Seatback TV which isn't available until you reach Canadian airspace so they play free movies as well. Food selection could be better but overall good value for the money.
RouteGlasgow to Toronto

WestJet Airlines customer review

Westjet deliver an acceptable standard of service at a reasonable price. I wouldn't say they are exceptional. Rather, you get what it says on the box. Staff are always reasonably friendly, unlike some other Canadian flag carriers. Gate staff often have a joke for the passengers as they board, cheesy, but OK. I don't like the move towards having to buy food on planes, but the food they served was decent, although as with all airlines, pricey. The planes are starting to look a little tired with the seats being "well worn". Overall, I would say the airline neither made or ruined the travel portion of our vacation.
Seat TypeFirst Class