WestJet Airlines

"unable to add my cat to flight"

Trip Verified | I booked a trip through ticket agency using KLM from Moscow to Toronto via Amsterdam, connecting to WestJet onto Victoria. Eventually I cancelled whole flight because WestJet was unable to add my cat to the flight. They couldn't do that they were "unable to add pet to the flights not controlled by WestJet". So I will never use WestJet anymore.
RouteToronto to Victoria
Date FlownJuly 2019

"unwilling to put us on another airline"

Trip Verified | Booked our honeymoon 6 months ago, they send us a pre recorded message 10 hours before our flight leaves saying we are moved to a different flight which will arrive in Nashville 23 hours later than we originally paid for. We have 4 days off for a vacation. The new itinerary includes an additional stop, overnight in an airport. We call WorstJet, tell them it is unacceptable and we cannot lose 25% of our vacation due to their issue. They put us on hold twice totalling 2 hours, with an additional 30 mins of talk time to use the term "uncontrollable air traffic" about 20 times. They were unwilling to put us on another airline, unwilling to give us any accomodation for their new route with the overnight stop over, any sort of meal or taxi vouchers, anything at all! They told us we can purchase our own tickets on Air Canada, which wastes what we already gave this company. Amazing. We have already booked events and paid for accomodations at our destination, which are non-refundable and now wasted money as we won't get there on time. So, unwilling to spoil our vacation on account of WorstJet (WestJet), we paid for an additional hotel stay out of our own pocket, will spend more on tranport and meals in this hotel, and still havent made it to our destination. Needless to say this will be the last time we ever use WorstJet Airlines. You get what you pay for, less expensive tickets but piss poor customer service. My Wife messaged their facebook account to no avail, receiving the same response that nothing will be done. The representitive we spoke to said a manager will call us to talk about it but we have received no call yet. "WorstJet Airlines, where you're on your own!"
RouteHalifax NS to Nashville TN
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Orange County. If your traveling for business w/o luggage it’s fine. They are trying their hardest to make a profit in a small margin industry. I will not fly this airline again because of all the fees they keep asking for. We paid for a premium seat and still had to pay for our luggage. By the time you’ve paid for luggage and your ticket, it’s the same as most airlines. The aeroplane is small. Their food is terrible, wine selection mediocre, asked for sparkling water with lime and the lime juice comes in a packet. The service was nice the attendants very good. When we travel for leisure it’s just not worth the hassle.
RouteVancouver to Orange County

"cancelled and rescheduled"

Trip Verified | Our 10:00 pm flight from Toronto to Barcelona was initially delayed for a few hours due to some issue with a door part that needed replacing, then cancelled and rescheduled for 24 hours later. Had a very long wait for hotel and food vouchers to be sorted out, at 2:07 am we finally got the voucher. Didn't get to sleep until 3:30 am. A whole vacation day wasted. Not sure why a part took 24 hours to find in Canada's largest airport, or why WJ doesn't have any relationships with other airlines to rebook us on an earlier flight. Later got an email from WestJet offering a measly $100 WestJet dollars as some supposed "make amends" offer. When I emailed back I got an unhelpful and unsympathetic reply. On another leg of our trip Air Canada asked for volunteers to be bumped a few hours and they offered $800 in credit. Compare that to the paltry $100 WestJet offered for a 24 hour delay and tons of stress. I would never trust WestJet again with a trip, especially to Europe. WestJet is woefully unprepared to offer proper service, or to make things right when they screw up.
RouteToronto to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2019

"Late departure"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Calgary. Late departure as has been my recent experience on WestJet. Flight about 1/3 full. Bored flight attendants went through the motions of friendly service but could hardly wait to retreat to the back of the plane and chat amongst themselves. I was not offered a receipt when I paid for my in flight purchases nor was there an acknowledgement of my use of the WestJet World Elite credit card. When the pilot announced our departure, there was an embarrassing pause before he announced the departure city of Hamilton. Otherwise, plane was clean and we were advised well in advance of possible turbulence.
RouteHamilton to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2019

"good value for money and customer care"

Trip Verified | I have flown WestJet many times, both on short haul flights within Canada and also between Canada and the UK. On all of the flights I have had with WestJet, I’ve had a great experience, with good value for money and customer care through the booking processes, airport processes and flight processes. I also find the cabin product aboard the 787 to be of a very good standard and I am happy the airline plans to expand its fleet with this aircraft type, I look forward to flying WestJet again and would recommend the airline to anyone.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 Dreamliner and Boeing 767-300er
RouteCalgary to Gatwick via Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"overall great airline"

Not Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. I found WestJet Airlines an overall great airline and an amazing experience! Awesome crew, good foods, But not very good inflight entertainment, This is probably my favourite Canadian airline, I would suggest it to people.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"Uncomfortable and small"

Not Verified | Travelling from Toronto to Paris indirectly with WestJet Airlines. Did not allow to change my seat on the first flight. Did not provide food for such a long flight. Did not have any TVs. Uncomfortable and small.
RouteToronto to Halifax via Paris

" mediocre at best"

Trip Verified | Victoria to Calgary. This is my second time flying it with WestJet and I can only describe my experience as mediocre at best . Every time I take this plane I am always placed in the back next to the toilet . I have confirmed my flight within the stipulated time hence, I should be able to get a better seat. There are many empty seats therefore there was no need to place us in the very back of the plane. Attendants are quite rude.
RouteVictoria to Calgary

"worst trip ever"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Québec via Toronto. First time with this airline compagnie, worst trip ever. They just don’t care about their customers. Flight delay and miss connection so add 12 hours before I can fly back home and they pay nothing.
RouteOrlando to Québec via Toronto