WestJet Airlines

"had to end up with a 6 hour layover"

Not Verified | Terrible airline, the fact that tickets are 800 when now they want you to pay separately for a carryon is ridiculous. My flight details were changed the day of my flight. The whole route was changed and I had to end up with a 6 hour layover instead of the 1.5 hour one I had selected. How does it make sense to pay the same amount of money for a 6 hour layover does not make any sense to me. If i wanted this terrible experience for myself I would have chosen a cheaper flight option.
RouteMinneapolis to Vancouver

“Wont be traveling with them again0

Not Verified | Highway robbery - had a medical emergency so flights were credited. Rebooked one way and had additional 1200USD in "reissue" fees. Wont be traveling with them again.
RouteVancouver to Jacksonville
Date FlownJune 2024

"Pleased and pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Pleased and pleasantly surprised with this WestJet flight from Dublin to Halifax. Boarding was smooth, staff were friendly and the service was good (I wasn’t expecting anything for the very reasonable price paid for the ticket - so a complimentary meal service with drinks and another drink with a snack prior to landing was great). Good to see wrapped, laundered blankets on every seat, too. Well done WestJet.
RouteDublin to Halifax
Date FlownJune 2024

"Do not recommend this company"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible. Do not recommend this company at all. Lost luggage worth over $1200, destroyed a suitcase, bending it's frame entirely. Abusive customer service reps, no refunds offered for flights missed due to staff negligence. No regards for customer baggage at all.
RouteCalgary to Comox
Date FlownJune 2024

“did not honor my PAID premium seat”

Trip Verified | Overall not too bad, polite and nice crew, flight on time and plane in decent shape. They have the tendency to make unexpected changes. My case, they did not honor my PAID premium seat selection and for what ever reason they gave my seat to someone else. I had my digital boarding pass which was replaced for a paper one. The person in the counter did not even had the idea to warn me about the arbitrary seat changes with NO REFUND. Surprise when I see someone seating on what is was supposed to be my seat. Several attempts to contact customer service with no luck. Their menu tries every single way to keep you away from a representative. Several emails sent with no replies. Had to contact the bank and dispute the charge.
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2024

"the worst flight experience"

Not Verified | Got about 2 hours into my international flight when the pilots realized one of the navigation systems wasn't working and we had to turn around. When we got back to Toronto, we were told we couldn't talk to actual staff about our rebookings or refunds and that the whole system was automated. We were told we'd get hotel and meal vouchers, but they never provided the meal vouchers. Even though I missed a connecting flight and a whole day of my trip due to this (missed a night in my hotel, tours I had scheduled and paid for, etc), because they were able to book me onto a later flight they refused to give me any form of compensation. Genuinely the worst flight experience I've ever had, I'll never be flying WestJet again.
RouteToronto to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2024

"the rudest customer service"

Not Verified | Not senior-friendly airline, my parents flight got delayed so unable to catch their connecting flight in Vancouver. The customer service agent I was speaking with was irritable and without any customer service skills at all. She rebooked my senior parents with mobility issue with just over an hour lay over and unsure if my parents will be assisted with a wheelchair so they can make it on time to their connecting flight. She wanted me to write all the flight info while she dictate it and unable to email the flight info, then she disconnected my call while I still have questions. She was the rudest customer service I dealt with.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2024

"try to push our flight a full day"

Trip Verified | First they try to push our flight a full day forward only 8 hours before our flight. Had to do their job for them to reschedule us to something that made way more sense. There was then zero room left for my carry on, forced us all to check them. Bet my bags will be lost by the time I land in Toronto.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2024

"arrive airport before 45 minutes"

Not Verified | Our flight was scheduled from Regina to Vancouver at 4:20 pm. As per WestJet flight rules we are suppose to arrive airport before 45 minutes. I reached airport at 3:35 which is close to 45 minutes . The airport person who help me at front desk deny us to board as they said its closed . And because of them couldn’t catch my plane and i have to catch the next flight, when i ask them to reschedule they gave me option to catch next flight which cost me and my partner around 2300 just for one way. We requested them so much and they can give us consideration but still we ask for talk to supervisor and the lady who help me said she herself is the supervisor and she cant do anything.
RouteRegina to Vancouver

“Never, never again”

Not Verified | This is the very worst airline I have encountered in my life. Never, never again! The staff are so useless, rude, heartless and incompetent. First, my flight was delayed, then rescheduled to another day and I had to lodge in a hotel. Second, I got to the airport in time the next day to avoid any delay, the loading was supposed to be at A17 and we went there waiting only to find out at the last minute that it was changed to A15 without any prior and no form of communication whatsoever. On reaching there, we weren’t allowed in because the so-called airplane door was closed. There was not any form of apology from the staff for misleading us. We were even threatened for complaining. No refund and not even a little sympathy for stressing a pregnant woman with a toddler. This review is easier written than experienced. It was a very stressful one because I missed my work, meetings and my reasons for traveling to Canada. Because of my experience, I don’t look forward to visiting Canada.
RouteMontreal to Calgary