WestJet Airlines

"look forward to travelling again"

Not Verified | There was a problem where the crew did not show up to take our flight. After a bit of chaos, dealing with WestJet at the airport we finally got onto a different flight out of Regina. Our trip turned out great, I am thankful to have booked Premium, because the airplanes were packed, and Coronavirus was just becoming an issue. I look forward to travelling again, but I hope the airplanes are not as crammed with people, and sanitation is improved.
RouteRegina to Los Angeles via Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"airline has done nothing positive"

Trip Verified | This airline has done nothing positive in the covid related flights that were canceled. I have spoken to many people online and on the phone. Their online chat told me first I was to be issued a travel bank, then told me right after I was not, then told me I was then right after told me to contact the original form of booking and that she didn’t know. I spent $2000 and now it’s nowhere to be found. They cancelled my trip I did not.
Date FlownJune 2019

"they only offer vouchers"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in this airline. We booked flights for a trip to France 3 months prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. Our flights to France were cancelled by the other airlines. Norwegian refunded our money immediately, but WestJet refuses to do so. For some reason they only offer vouchers for future flights. However, the flights were $1300 and we are strapped for cash at this time. This is utterly unacceptable.
RouteParis to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2019

"they charge $35 handling fee"

Not Verified | Ottawa to Edmonton with WestJet Airlines. What a company. In times of need, they are unreachable! Trying to cancel a round trip not only do they offer only a credit instead of full refund, they charge $35 handling fee per flight? What handling fee if I have to do it all myself on the website? What a rip off! I was never fond of this airline, and this situation just confirmed that!
RouteOttawa to Edmonton
Date FlownMay 2020

"They only offer vouchers with them"

Trip Verified | Disappointing service for a cause totally out of our hands. We booked flights for our family for a trip to Canada 6 months prior to Covdi-19 appearing. Our flights have since been cancelled by the airlines. Delta refunded our money immediately. WestJet refuses to do this. They only offer vouchers with them for future flights. We live in Georgia so this is of little value. Terrible customer service for something beyond our control. If they handle this situation in this manner, beware of flying them. This shows their level of customer care.
RouteVancouver to Atlanta via Toronto

"can't get a refund"

(Dominican Republic)

Trip Verified | Montreal to Puerto Plate via Toronto. The airline cancelled my trip the very next day I booked it to postpone it from May till June. Now, they postponed it till July. The worst part is that you can't get a refund so we can look into other airlines. Totally unacceptable.
RouteMontreal to Puerto Plata via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"staff did such a good job"

Trip Verified | I cannot recommend WestJet enough during these current times. The staff did such a good job of making everyone feel safe but also at ease. Things could not have gone smoother and I just want to thank the staff for being so upbeat at a time when some people are very stressed out.
RouteNanaimo to Calgary

"absolved the airline"

Trip Verified | On 25 Feb 20 flight WS2580 from Toronto to Cancun was delayed in excess of 9 hours. I understand that occasionally stuff happens and things are delayed however, no mitigating measures were taken. Westjets dispute resolution people absolved the airline of any monetary restitution due to the delay. I find this to be very poor.
RouteFredericton to Cancun via Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"didn’t accept to refund"

Not Verified | Me and my family booked tickets Edmonton to Los Cabos for our vacation, 3400$ for 4 persons. That was in Jan 2020. Our flight was on March 26 got cancelled due to covid 19. Westjet didn’t accept to refund the money.
RouteEdmonton to Los Cabos
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | The WestJet cancellation policy in light of a global pandemic is completely unacceptable and disgusting. After trying to cancel my flight online, I found that the only thing offered was a flight voucher so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. They had the nerve to counter dispute and the money is now back on my card. I called them and explained I have underlying health issues that could kill me if I were to get the virus and they were unconcerned. I'm never flying with them again.
RouteToronto to Belize City