Vueling Airlines

"much better then I expected"

Trip Verified | Munich to Barcelona. When I read negative comments about Vueling Airlines, I was hesitant to fly. But the flight was much better then I expected! There wasn't any problem during boarding. It was really systematic (The window seats were boarded first and the aisle seats were boarded the last). The take-off was almost on perfect time. But the flight was rather bumpy because of the frequent turbulence. When a flight attendant realized I felt nervous, she offered me water, seated me in the front and kept eye contact with me throughout the flight. Landing was also punctual. Overall, it was a very convenient flight when you think about the value for money. I will definitely fly with Vueling Airlines again.
RouteMunich to Barcelona

"very poor airline"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Amsterdam. Cancelled flight. Vueling agreed to refund the cost of an alernative flight provided I supplied a VAT invoice. However after multiple lengthy calls, only supplied half the cost. They simply do not pay anything unless seriously chased. Very very poor airline.
RouteLondon Stansted to Amsterdam

"definitely fly again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Palma de Mallorca to Barcelona. Checking in was quite fast, the aircraft was clean, staff including cabin crew were friendly. The flight was on time. Would definitely fly again with Vueling.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"they deliver exactly what you would expect"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Bilbao with Vueling Airlines. Based on word-of-mouth, I had my reservations about travelling with this carrier, but they’re not too dissimilar to their orange, low-cost counterparts. I arrived on time on both legs of my journey, and prices for in-flight catering were comparable with other companies. Only two criticisms: the pop music they play in the cabin during taxi, takeoff, approach and landing is tedious and hasn’t changed in at least two years, and the cabin temperature is uncomfortably warm. Other than that, they deliver exactly what you would expect from a low-cost carrier. I would however be disappointed to receive this service had I booked with BA, which I understand happens on some UK routes.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Bilbao
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not fly with them anymore"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Amsterdam. This is the 2nd time i am flying with Vueling and again the plane arrived late and the departure was delayed until we left 2 hours after planned departure. Because of this I missed my train to go home and had to book a hotel just like the last time. There was no explanation about the delay neither at the airport nor in the plane. And we were only told about the delay on the screen half an hour before the flight. Also when we were finally in the plane nothing happened for a while and the delay got longer. My guess it's that Vueling pushes on their schedule and just accepts that they can't make it most of the times. They know this and try to keep it within 3 hours so they don't need to pay the passengers. Offcourse as this is common practice nobody cares about explaining anything. Well I think having constant delays should worry am airline, but they don't. Their slightly lower prices compared to e.g. TAP don't make up for this annoyance. Unfortunately because of my time planning this was the only flight for me to be able to catch my train in time, knowing upfront that they will not be in time anyways I should have just chosen to fly later worth a different airline as it didn't matter anyways. I will not fly with them anymore.
RouteLisbon to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"would not not let me move"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Rome. Worst airline service ever. Staff rude and lying to me about flight being full. They would not not let me move to empty row of seats once the plane is fully boarded
RouteGatwick to Rome

"well worth the price"

Trip Verified | Barcelona El Prat to Paris Orly with Vueling. We flew on a new aircraft that was very clean. The flight was very smooth and the cabin crew were very friendly. It was very cheap and well worth the price.
RouteBarcelona to Paris Orly
Date FlownOctober 2018

"extremely clean cabin"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Barcelona El Prat. No problems at all, easy to use app, and extremely clean cabin. The flight attendants were very nice and the flight was very smooth. The price was very good at around $130 dollars round trip. Would definitely fly Vueling Airlines again.
RouteParis Orly to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Worst airline I have flown"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Worst airline I have flown. I know low cost is what it is but when all my fellow passengers (we were a group of 80 people traveling on an organised holiday) and my wife and myself are the only pax who were not seated together I asked why? The first answer I received is that the tour organiser booked it this way. At the gate I was told that if I wanted to sit next to my wife (together as the young lady told me) I would have to pay for a seat change. Now if an airplane is full I could understand we can not sit together. We took off and I had 3 seats for myself and so did my wife. Beside the fact that the seats are extremely uncomfortable and as you have read earlier service is good to 0 on this airline I would not advise anybody and I will not anymore fly Vueling Airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Tel Aviv

"anger and frustration"

Trip Verified | Palermo to Barcelona via Rome. I cannot find words to express the anger and frustration that having to deal with this airline has given me. They are incompetent, unhelpful, unorganised, with extremely devious practices. Their flight are constantly late. Their communication is horrible. Their staff unhelpful and rude. I will always do my utmost to avoid dealing with them ever again in the future. I had a consistent horrible and late experience flying them over a half a dozen time. Once their website didn't work so I had to call the call-centre and they charged me 80% higher prices because i was "using the call centre service" when I had no choice. When I told the "lady" assisting me she said: "well if you don't like it you can go get your flights somewhere else". My only other option was having to get connecting flights with another carrier with 5 hours of waiting and the connecting airport. Another time I was with my whole family and another family with 2 young kids waiting to board, at the time of departure, we were told flight was delayed by 1 hour. After an hour waiting we were told flight was delayed another hour. After the second hour we were told that the flight was cancelled. For another hour no body told us what to do. We then were told to go to the other side of the airport where we had to queue for another hour where there was one assistant serving all the 200 passengers trying to put people in future flights. Avoid it at all cost.
RoutePalermo to Barcelona via Rome