Vueling Airlines

"I would receive a voucher"

Trip Verified | My flight from London to A Coruña on 19 March was cancelled. I received an email offering either the possibility to book other flights or a refund. I chose a refund. I then received an email saying that I would receive a voucher. I wrote to say that I did not want a voucher and reiterated my request for a refund which is my choice under Regulation 261/04. I then received an email saying my payment had been turned into a flight credit. If I wanted a refund, I would have to call them. Predictably they are refusing to answer the phone.
RouteLondon to A Coruña
Date FlownMarch 2020

"will never utilize this airline"

Trip Verified | Florence to Lisbon via Barcelona. I didn’t actually fly with them. I booked a ticket - albeit in the time of COVID pandemic which of course they were aware of - and less than 24 hrs after I booked they sent an email saying they canceled the flight. The email I received that said they canceled also said I would get the ability to rebook or get a refund within 7 days. I reached out to them as I got neither and they said COVID was out of their control and they would not give me any type of reimbursement. I didn’t cancel - they did. And they did it in less than 24 hrs - I will never utilize this airline and will advise all people I know to never use them.
RouteFlorence to Lisbon via Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not get exchange or cancelled"

Trip Verified | I had a Barcelona to Rome ticket for the end of April 2020, and with the Coronavirus I decided to change my itinerary and skip Italy. I called to exchange my flight and was told that the flight will not get exchange or cancelled. I wish I can give 0 stars of how horrible the experience has been. I lost my money.
Routebarcelona to Rome
Date FlownMarch 2020

"overall a very good experience"

Not Verified | Following all the bad reviews I was apprehensive in travelling with Vueling Airlines. But I was agreeably surprised and very happy that everything went so smoothly. They both left on time and I had no problems with transferring apart from the very long distance between the two Gates. I travelled from Malaga to Barcelona, and transferred to a Dublin Flight there. The Staff were lovely on Board and very helpful. I enjoyed Malage-BCN very much. Barcelona to Dublin a little less comfortable.- I felt plane was not clean, a bit stuffy and very noisy esp on landing in a Storm in Dub. Overall a very good experience. Good Value for money, punctual and professional.
RouteMalaga to Dublin via Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"baggage fee was also non-refundable"

Not Verified | Palma de Mallorca to Seville. Cheap airfare. Took assurance it was a good risk when I saw the same flight was also book under an Iberia flight number. They hit you with surprise fees and charge for water. On the advice of a friend I paid for my only checked bag in advance. It cost as much as the airfare! When I next booked a flight with them, I paid the baggage fee in advance. After, I decided on a different flight pattern (see above flight experience). I knew my flight cost was non refundable (being so cheap) but was surprised to learn from their call center that my prepaid baggage fee was also non-refundable.
RoutePalma de Mallorca to Seville
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"embarrassing and degrading experience"

Not Verified | Birmingham to Barcelona. I was subjected to a most embarrassing and degrading experience. Having booked and paid for an extra space seat (2c), when I arrived at the check-in the desk clerk offered me a seat on an emergency exit isle as it had ‘more room’. All with the best of intentions I am sure. When seated, I asked a crew member for a seat belt extender, and she barked at me that I could not have one sitting there and ordered me to move to another seat. The seat I was forced to move to was not an extra legroom seat and proved completely in appropriate for someone my size. I protested that I had paid an upgrade fee, but was told to go to the desk in Barcelona. When the attendant handed me the seatbelt extenders she could not have made it more overt, so all the surrounding passengers could see, it was as though she was handing a lasso an elephant. This experience was humiliating, demeaning and discriminatory in the extreme, and the fear of being removed from the plane prevented me from protesting further. If I could have found another flight to Barcelona I would have walked off the plane. This company is not interested at all in the fact that I did not get what I paid for, and their customers are discriminated against and humiliated without any redress. I also ordered a hot chicken meal - big mistake, it was not reheated well at all! Avoid, especially if you are of large build.
RouteBirmingham to Barcelona
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"plane diverted to Barcelona"

Not Verified | Booked to go from Gatwick to Alicante, plane diverted to Barcelona before take off. Handling agent had no idea or information on onward about travel, hotel, and accommodation. No compensation if I did not get on plane, plane under booked with approx 25 passengers, by text plane was late and delayed due to technical reasons, then operational reasons, Captain made no comment when asked. My only good advice I can give if Vueling cannot do the basics right then find another airline, 8 hours by coach or delayed onward flight happened the week before and so you can kiss good by to two days of your holiday.
RouteGatwick to Alicante
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service at Stockholm the worst"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Barcelona. The cabin was 30 degrees to force people to buy drinks. The staff are slow, it takes 2,5 hrs on a 3 hrs flight to get to row 30. Their service at Stockholm Arlanda provided by Menzies are the worst.
RouteStockholm to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"ground and flight crew fantastic"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Florence. Both ground crew and flight crew fantastic. Really appreciated USB outlet. I met Lola at checkin and again at boarding in Madrid. Her courtesy and professionalism are outstanding. Seems to really like her job and care for passengers. I have flown a great deal but rarely meet someone as genuine in her hospitality as Lola. Hope someone reads this from the company and acknowledges her in some way. The pilot did not give canned speeches, but was also sincere in his welcome and goodbyes. I intruded upon the flight attendants to ask about an inexpensive product for sale in in-flight magazine and they went out of their way to be helpful. Couldn’t ask for better all around service.
RouteMadrid to Florence
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused to pay compensation"

Trip Verified | Granada to Barcelona. Delayed for over 10 hours and Vueling refused to pay the compensation of 250Euro. Only after reporting them to AESA they finally paid one of us the outstanding money. However the second payout has not arrived and even though we have a payment reference number we are unable to contact them in regards to this outstanding payout. Phone calls get simply hung up on and there is no way you can send emails to this super dodgy airline.
RouteGranada to Barcelona