Vueling Airlines

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Barcelona. Shocking, flight should have taken off 09.40, left at 18.20, £5 to feed for nearly 8 hours, also lost a day in Barcelona. When I complained and asked to be compensated, their response was that "due to reasons beyond our control" they do not have to compensate. Didn't think it was unreasonable to ask what those circumstances are and they now ignore my emails. Complete shower, would never fly with them again.
RouteGatwick to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2019

"service is still very good"

Trip Verified | Florence to Gatwick. Had a bad experience at the airport I was leaving from but this airline definitely made my night good again! The staff was very friendly and all instructions were displayed very clearly around the airplane. From the moment I entered the aircraft till the moment I left I had a really good experience! The staff is very welcoming and willing to assist you with everything you need. Wifi is very fast and cheap €3 full flight. Prices are quite low for on board beverages and this is definitely one of the best low cost carriers flying in Europe. I would definitely recommend this airline as the prices are low but the service is still very good.
RouteFlorence to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Porto. Getting a flight from Barcelona on 14th Oct 2019 which meant we got caught up in the protests. Despite being on time for the flight, the flight is cancelled. Which I can understand. But the staff told us to book our own flights because they didn't know what was happening and then all the staff left the airport and left us on our own. I booked my own flight, then to find my previous one was rescheduled. I stop 24 hours in the airport, and I wasn't asking for hotel or food compensation, just one of my flights refunded. Nothing I had to pay for book flights and unable to talk to anyone to fix the problem. I will never use this airline again.
RouteBarcelona to Porto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"they refuse to compensate me"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Gatwick. After losing my luggage and then finding it and delivering it days later they refuse to compensate me for any money I spent on clothes and necessities until my bag was delivered. I sent Vueling all required documents to properly file for compensation over 2.5 weeks ago. Now Vueling states that my luggage was returned within their 24 window in which no compensation issued.
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"on time and well-organized"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Vienna. I do not understand the bad reviews. I took Vueling and Level from Paris to Vienna, and they are on time and well-organized. The crews are also friendly and attentive. Another plus: the baggage delivery in Vienna is very fast.
RouteParis CDG to Vienna

"worst customer service"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Barcelona. One of the worst customer services I ever had! The ground agents that scan the ticket at the gate was extremely rude. I’ve never seen such a thing in my entire life. Flew a lot of times with Vueling but I think it was one of my last ones.
RouteMadrid to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2019

"asking me for my France visa"

(Brunei)

Trip Verified | Gatwick check in asking me for my France visa, I told her My travel Document do not need any VISA entry to France. This Airline refuse me without checking with airport immigration. This trip was traveling together with my friend, and I need to let my friend (British Passport) just go on fly alone to Paris. That night I have no issue using Land entry to France. It really waste my time and money for traveling from Gatwick. Vueling Customer Services Department is useless.
AircraftAirbus A32
RouteGatwick to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

" wasn’t the worst I had"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Las Palmas to Barcelona. Since we were coming from a connecting flight from Fuerteventura and had a 4 hours waiting we went to the desk of Vueling to see if we could check in our bag so we would pass security and go to the lounge. The girl at the desk said no, that I had to go back later because they would lose the bag if she did it at the moment. The flight itself wasn’t the worst I had but this was because that I was lucky and had no one seating next to me so it was a little more comfortable.
RouteLas Palmas to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2019

"crew were not very friendly"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Fuerteventura. The check-in process in Barcelona of Vueling is very accessible and easy but some machines were broken which it made us wait for a while to be able to print the ticket and get thru with the bag check-in. The boarding took a little while as well because as always there’s not enough space in the overhead lockers due to the fact that there are too many seats in a small plane. The cabin crew were not very friendly as well (maybe having a bad day) I would have one if I had to work for such horrible airline. The seats are super uncomfortable they don’t recline. Not looking forward to flying with them again. Norwegian is better.
RouteBarcelona to Fuerteventura

"Choose another airline"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Faro. Flights booked through Iberia in partnership with Vueling Airlines. Four of us flew from Barcelona to Faro for a wedding. We arrived at the airport two and a half hours prior to boarding. Flight was on time. Arrived in Faro to discover two of the four checked bags did not arrive in Faro. Queue behind us at the lost luggage counter indicated at least 10 bags did not make the flight. Vueling made no attempt to resolve the matter. All communications were redirected to their website. Website was useless with no change in status for six days. Status simply said: search for bags underway. We had no idea if they even knew where our bags were. We contacted Iberia Airlines, since we booked our flights through them, only to be referred back to Vueling. In hindsight we believe our luggage just sat at the Barcelona airport until the next Vueling direct flight to Faro (they fly there twice a week). Rather than get our bags to us quickly, they let us go without clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. for the rest of our trip (6 days), delivering our bags to Faro the day after we left for home. Our luggage finally arrived at our final destination 11 days later and we had to go to the airport to pick them up because Vueling’s airline partner refused to deliver them. To be clear, the only reason we have our luggage today is because of the helpful people in lost luggage at Faro Airport. Vueling has done little to nothing to communicate or help. They really don’t care. We had to go out and buy things to wear to the wedding and for the balance of our trip. Vueling is now dodging reimbursement for these items. It’s simple — If you don’t want to reimburse us Vueling, don’t take 11 days to return our possessions. We understand lost luggage happens. What we do not understand is Vueling’s appalling apathy. Vueling could have quickly put our bags on another carrier’s flight to Faro. They did not. Vueling could have sent our luggage (and the eight other customers’ bags) to Faro Airport via a courier such as DHL. They did not. Vueling could have hired a driver to transport the all of the missed suitcases to Faro. They did not. Vueling could have contacted us with options. They did not. We are still awaiting reimbursement for our expenses and expect it to be a painful process. Vueling avoids contact with customers in order to sidestep accountability. It makes us question their attitudes toward all aspects of their business to include flight safety. Our recommendation — Choose another airline.
RouteBarcelona to Faro