Vueling Airlines

"they gave me a voucher that expired"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | They automated all their replies to just say that they apologize and they cannot refund or help you in anyway. And that it's not their fault because of Covid. Well it's not our fault either, I paid 200euros for my flights in March 2020 and I didn't even ask for a refund, I asked to use that money for flights in the future and they gave me a voucher that expired. I paid for services that I am not getting.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid

"Avoid this airline!"

Trip Verified | My flight from Budapest to Barcelona in May 2020 was cancelled because of Covid. I received an email informing me that the price would be transferred to a flight credit and then later informed that there would be no refund credit processed at all. This is wrong. Repeated phone calls and emails and gone unanswered. My account on their website has been removed. There seems to be no way to combat this abuse and fraud other than warn potential future travellers by review sites such as this. Avoid this airline!
RouteBudapest to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2020

"refuses to offer a refund of any kind"

Trip Verified | Rating for Vueling should really be 0/10. Vueling is the most awful and unprofessional airline I've ever had to deal with. Borders were closed with the COVID-19 pandemic and Vueling refuses to offer a refund of any kind. They only offered a travel credit to which I'm still unable to use. I've emailed multiple times and have never received a response. I've also called several times and had to deal with a very rude and unprofessional customer service agent who hung up on me twice. I've also sent a direct message on Twitter which resulted in no assistance. It seems that this airline has taken advantage of many customers and refuses to offer any kind of refund even though many of their flights were cancelled due to the pandemic. I will never fly with Vueling and refuse to give this airline any business in the future.
RouteRome to Santorini

"Highly not recommended"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Due to Covid Pandemic, they cancelled the ticket. Vueling doesn't even respond to me. It's been one year. Still, nobody answered I sent dozens of mail. Long story short, they are just turning this crisis into an opportunity by aggrieving their own customers. They don't even have the dignity to answer emails. Highly not recommended.
RouteLisboa to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2020

"eliminated the option for a refund"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | On 20 April 2020 I booked a flight with Vueling Airlines for 3rd June from Seville to Stockholm. It was the only airline which publicly advertised on its webpage that if the flight gets cancelled due to the new pandemic restrictions A FULL REFUND will be provided. I have also called the company and got a confirmation about it. Now almost 1 year later they did not provide me with any service and decline to give a refund saying they don't have to give a refund and ignoring my case! On 11th May 2020 the flight got cancelled and the date moved to 2 weeks later. This continued to happen up until the 7th July. The company provided no solutions and caused me major extra expenses! When cancelling my booking due to the flights they kept cancelling I was only offered the option for a voucher or nothing else. They eliminated the option for a refund!
RouteSeville to Stockholm via Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they won’t refund our money"

Trip Verified | They cancelled our 2020 reservation due to Covid. Totally understandable. When I went to rebook for 2021, they don’t offer the same flight combo on the day we need to travel and they won’t refund our money either (€835). Pretty terrible. They are also very hard to reach.
RouteBari to Marseille via Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2020

"airline refuses to give me a refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket for a friend of mine. In April, due to the covid-19 situation, the flight was canceled. I understand not being entitled to compensation for the inconvenience because it was force majeure. However, I paid for a service. The service was not fulfilled and the airline refuses to give me a refund. They just keep the money.
RouteAsturias to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2020

"Friendly crew and on time performance"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Good flight, boarding process went smooth and with all the needed covid-19 measures, at the entrance of the plane the staff gave us a hygienic handkerchief. Friendly crew and on time performance.
RouteBarcelona to Mahon
Date FlownOctober 2020

"they have still not refunded me"

Trip Verified | Vueling have caused me a lot of stress. They cancelled our flights to Rome, in April, as the Covid pandemic worsened in Italy. After numerous phone calls, working my way through the menus and sometimes being cut off after waiting for long periods of time, they have still not refunded me for flights they cancelled. I tried applying for the refund on line, as they stipulated on several e mails - but at the end of the process, a sentence comes up saying we are not entitled to a refund. I have been trying for 3 months now. I also e mailed the CEO about it- and heard nothing back. I will never book with them again. Very disappointing.
RouteGatwick to Rome
Date FlownApril 2020

"they are thoroughly inflexible"

Not Verified | We booked a Paris to Venice flight for the 1st october, 2 days before the Italian government put in new measures related to the COVID 19 pandemic, namely that of needing a negative covid test done within 72 hours of travelling (feat which proved impossible for us at the moment in France due to a saturation of our labs with tests and delays of one week to receive the test results). We attempted to discuss with the airline's customer service the possibility of changing our flight, as reimbursement was non negotiable; we would have been very happy to consider a change of destination, especially given we understand this time is difficult for airlines, but it was impossible to have any conversation whatsoever. I explained other airlines were offering flight changes, in terms of dates and destination, but Vueling would not consider this at all despite the pandemic and the difficulties it represents for everyone, whether customer or business. We do not recommend you consider travelling with this company at any time while the pandemic continues considering how quickly governmental measures can change as they are thoroughly inflexible on this matter and will not attempt to help you. It is not worth even considering to continue travelling when the risk is of losing all your money. We were incredibly disappointed that there was absolutely no opportunity for discussion when many businesses have shown great flexibility and adaptation during this pandemic. I cannot speak to the quality of the actual flight as we will not be taking it.
RouteParis to Venice