Vueling Airlines

"they are thoroughly inflexible"

Not Verified | We booked a Paris to Venice flight for the 1st october, 2 days before the Italian government put in new measures related to the COVID 19 pandemic, namely that of needing a negative covid test done within 72 hours of travelling (feat which proved impossible for us at the moment in France due to a saturation of our labs with tests and delays of one week to receive the test results). We attempted to discuss with the airline's customer service the possibility of changing our flight, as reimbursement was non negotiable; we would have been very happy to consider a change of destination, especially given we understand this time is difficult for airlines, but it was impossible to have any conversation whatsoever. I explained other airlines were offering flight changes, in terms of dates and destination, but Vueling would not consider this at all despite the pandemic and the difficulties it represents for everyone, whether customer or business. We do not recommend you consider travelling with this company at any time while the pandemic continues considering how quickly governmental measures can change as they are thoroughly inflexible on this matter and will not attempt to help you. It is not worth even considering to continue travelling when the risk is of losing all your money. We were incredibly disappointed that there was absolutely no opportunity for discussion when many businesses have shown great flexibility and adaptation during this pandemic. I cannot speak to the quality of the actual flight as we will not be taking it.
RouteParis to Venice
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"just want to have my money back"

Trip Verified | I will never book via Vueling again. My flight was cancelled due to the insolvency of LEVEL. After waiting for some weeks I received an e-mail with information to "manage my booking" in order to get a voucher to be used for another flight. I was not able to "manage my booking", a heading was shown on the site to contact the customer service to get more information. Ever since I have contacted the customer support number 020 808 1295 already 5 times in order to receive a voucher. They explained me that the booking number on my ticket was my voucher number. I tried to use it and it was expired "invalid". I called again to ask why this is and they assured to send me a new voucher number since the one I tried was clearly not used. I have waited for days although they assured that they would send it right away to my email address. I called again and the assured me again that they would send me the new voucher.. never happened. I called again and the lady on the line would not believe me that I am the person related to the booking although I provided her with all the details. She hang up. I called one last time and they forwarded me to call LEVEL to get a refund although Vueling offered a flight voucher in the first place since the flight was operated through them. There is no chance that I reach Level as they are insolvent. At this stage I just want to have my money back.
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2020

"Terrible experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience during the crisis. No compensation and customer service is a robot answering mails. Company in decline. Will never recommend to anyone.
RouteCopenhagen to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"over reacted bad treatment"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible covid experience in Lanzarote-Malaga flight. Because of previous health issues I am unable to wear a mask (breathing problems) but wore one because of Vueling`s norms and regulations. My seat neighbor started complaining about me wearing my mask with my nose free and ended up screaming at me. The staff came and after I had explained my situation insisted of having me wear the mask the whole flight which gave my an extremely uncomfortable 2 hours with headache and breathing problems. The row in front of me and my 2 seat neighbors were offered other seats while I was treated like a pariah with everyone staring at me with disapproval. What kind of treatment is that? A flight attendant even asked for my health history which I had to show her and which is illegal according to EU law. I don't think that situation can be explained with a supposed Covid emergency. It was rude, not justified and over reacted bad treatment of a paying customer.
RouteLanzarote to Malaga
Date FlownAugust 2020

"they were bound to pay compensation"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Three hours after trying to check-in and two hours before scheduled departure, flight was cancelled on day of departure. Airline informed passengers they were re-booked the following morning, transport to hotel was provided with snack meals for dinner and breakfast. No attempts to inform passengers on arrival, at check-in or any other time until the cancellation was announced - this delay prevented passengers accessing alternative airlines and making connecting flights where applicable. From the outset, they used EC 261/2004 regulations and asserted they were not liable due to "extraordinary circumstances". I acknowledged they had provided transport, meals and accommodation (as provided for in the same regulations) but that they were bound to pay compensation for cancellation of the flight. This was refused by the airline and I referred the matter to the designated authority responsible for compliance with these regulations. Almost a year after the cancellation and extensive, very frustrating correspondence, the authority agreed that the airline was liable - copies of this report were sent to the airline, who maintain that they are not liable. As the authority states that their findings are not binding on the airline, we now have a set of regulations passed to protect the interests of passengers, a statutory body to ensure compliance, an enquiry and finding, all of which are seemingly unenforceable against the defaultin
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"won't be using this airline again"

Trip Verified | I received an email from Vueling notifying me I can receive a refund in the form of airline credit as the flight was canceled due to COVID (email attached). I am in the US and they make it terribly hard to contact them via phone and website contact form to claim the credit. Finally I was able to submit a claim 24 hours before the date of the flight. After all of that I received a reply saying they couldn’t give me a credit for some BS reason. I won't be using this airline again.
RouteNice to Florence via Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"very disappointed and frustrated"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I live in Brazil and I am Brazilian. In January 2020 I bought four international tickets from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Madrid, Spain to fly in July 2020. And my plans were to travel within Spain to the balearic islands. So, in February 1st 2020, I bought four tickets with Vueling Airlines to fly from Menorca (MAH) to Barcelona (BCN) on July 22nd 2020. In February the situation of the Covi19 pandemia was not significant yet and nobody knew for sure what would happen then. Unfortunately the situation escalated worldwide in the next few months, with Spain being severely affected and then Brazil, where I live, also being severely affected. Long story short, my flight out of Brazil to Spain was cancelled and I, as a Brazilian citizen, am not allowed to enter Europe, according to the European Union decision, until (at least) August 1st 2020. I have proof of the cancellation of my international flight. But Vueling Airlines has not cancelled my internal flight from Menorca to Barcelona, as the Covid19 situation in Spain seems to be better and the country is back open to a few nationalities (Brazil is not included though!). So, I contacted Vueling Airlines to try to get a voucher with the credit for this internal flight I have bought, as I will not be able to fly because I am not allowed to enter Europe. Please note that Vueling is being flexible with a lot of its customers and offering vouchers with credit and the possibility to reschedule their flights for free. But the response from Vueling for my case is that they will not issue me a voucher with the credit for this flight and the only possibility I have to reschedule my flight is to PAY a fee. I think this is absurd! I am not allowed to get into Spain! And I don't know when I will be! Besides that, I was travelling with my husband and 2 sons, who will be back in school as of August, so I don't know when we will be able to take this trip again. It does not make sense to pay to reschedule everytime! Vueling does not care for customer satisfaction at all! They are being very unreasonable with my case! I am not in Spain because I am not allowed to be there! I would have never bought this ticket with Vueling if I knew i would not be able to enter Spain to fly! I am not crazy to throw money away! I am very disappointed and frustrated with Vueling! Terrible airline!
RouteMenorca to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they should provide rescheduling"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Airline cancelled the flight. I contacted customer service numerous times, and so did the travel agency to no avail for compensation. Agency tries to contact Vueling. They do not answer directly to them. I contact them directly asking for a solution. Vueling invokes EC Regulation 261/200, Article 5.3, to refuse providing a solution. I agree with them invoking EC Regulation 261/200. I remark that article 8(c) says they should provide rescheduling at a convenient time for me (Article 5.2 says they should also provide alternatives which they didn't). 5) They respond that the agency should contact them and not me. Agency tries again, unable to get a response. I ask for a specific way the agency should get in touch with them. They reply with "we cannot attend your petition". They ask for the agency to get in touch with them (return to 6, and repeat). I was even supportive of the fact they were abiding to EC regulations; that was great! But after they realized it also bound them to provide a solution, they backtracked their steps.
RouteMadrid to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | We bought the ticket from Vueling and the carrier was Level Europe. Vueling sent an email saying that Level Europe went bankrupt so they will return voucher to us and that was it. No money returned, no voucher and they are still selling the same flight tickets ın their website. Worst airline ever.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2020

"Vueling couldn’t care less"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Zero customer service. My husband flew a code share on 31 May from Sydney to Doha then Barcelona with Qatar then connecting to a Vueling flight on the 1st June to Alicante. My husbands luggage never made it onto the Vueling flight. On arrival at Alicante, he and another pax went to the lost luggage office where a Vueling claim form was completed. On Wednesday 3rd, we had a call to say it was found .. still in Barcelona and would be forwarded to Alicante. We are still waiting. Not only that but Vueling are denying any responsibility saying my husband is at fault for filling out the wrong form and so refuse to assist! Qatar have confirmed the luggage was at Barcelona and that Vueling had it marked to be forwarded to Alicante. There is nothing more Qatar can do which I understand. However, Vueling have such a bad attitude it’s become very stressful. Vueling couldn’t care less.
RouteBarcelona to Alicante