Vueling Airlines

"communication channels have changed"

Trip Verified | As described in my review yesterday, Vueling Customer Service Dept informed me (on both outward and return flights) that they "could not validate my documents", without indicating what the problem was, thus preventing me from checking in online. I drafted a complaint, providing full details of the totally inadequate service provided by Customer Service, and sent it to them yesterday. I have just received their response, a pro forma apology, shorter than the one they sent me after my outward flight. Not a word about the specific points outlined in my complaint, and no explanation of why the could not validate my documents. My request for an explanation was the key point of my complaint, because I want to know what happened so that I can avoid any repetition. I sent an immediate reply to their apology, and by automatic reply I received this message: "Dear customer, We inform you that this email address has been deactivated. We are pleased to inform you that our Customer Service communication channels have changed in order to be able to offer you a better service." An excellent case of Vueling's actions speaking louder than their words.
RouteRome to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"lack of respect for the customer"

Trip Verified | CSD phone n° in Paris only has recorded message in 3 languages; no option to speak to an agent (unbelievable!) 2) only way to contact CSD is by email but, when initial issue I raised was not solved and I emailed CSD again (3 times), CSD never replied. When CSD had an issue with documents they need to validate so that I could check-in online, and indicated something "may be missing", CSD did not state what was missing, even when I asked - then I received email saying Vueling "could not validate [my] documents" and I was not able to check-in online. On my outward flight, after I reached my destination, I received an email from CSD offering their "most sincere apologies" for inadequate service. For my return flight, my experience of the outward flight with CSD was repeated almost identically: CSD had an issue with the documents I had uploaded, and sent me an email saying I needed a PCR test to return to France, which for persons fully vaccinated (my case) does not figure among the requirements of the French authorities (nor in the list of requirements for France on the Vueling site) - I emailed CSD again (3 times), never receiving any reply - then I received an email saying Vueling "could not validate my documents" and I was not able to check-in online. When I checked-in in person, the Vueling agent handed me my boarding-pass on both occasions, in 30 seconds - and everything was hassle-free on the flights themselves. As a result of this experience, I decided to complain to Vueling and, to that end, I prepared a 4-page summary of my CSD experience - in order to avoid any repetition, I wanted to try at least to discover why CSD had not validated my documents in both directions. However, like the above, the CSD complaints procedure permitted areas of complaint are limited to "language" (that used to communicate with CSD), and "waiting time" (how long before CSD replies to the queries from customers). In the free text box ("your query"), one can outline one's complaint but not at any great length. There is no possibility to send a document or any type of file as an attachment to the complaint. CSD does not acknowledge receipt of the complaint, not even with an automated standard message, which means that I have no record of having made my complaint, and no copy of its content. I am left with the impression that Vueling, once the customer has paid for the flight, feels it is free to do whatever it wants (change the flight, impose a credit rather than refund in case of cancellation), and not do what it should do (answer emails, explain document validation decisions, provide an adequate complaint system, enable customers to speak to a Vueling agent), a total lack of respect for the customer.
RouteRome to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2021

"had an EU recovery covid certificate"

Trip Verified | Had a direct flight from Ibiza to Paris on the 25 September 2021. I had an EU recovery covid certificate - green pass which was not accepted on the registration desk. The agent refused to check me in, she behaved rudely and told me that I can't take a flight. She didn't have a scan but she decided that I needed to make a test. The manager told me the same, they demanded me to take a test at the airport. They told me I need to have a negative test to be considered as recovered. They refused to listen my explanations that I don't need a test as I have a recovery certificate. I told them that I already sent all the documents on the Vueling website ( it is obligatory to send the green pass a day before a trip to be able to get on board), my documents were cheked and I got the mail that I can check in, they didn't check this information. They told me to go away and that I can't fly without a test. I left, 15 min later they discovered that they were wrong and checked me in. The registration agent never apologised when I asked her about it. Instead of that they were rude and harassed me.
RouteIbiza to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"asking for my doctor’s note"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I contracted COVID 19 and was not able to fly. I sent them the doctor’s medical certificate yet they keep me asking for the same document over and over again. Even with a valid reason like this, they refuse to issue a voucher, non a refund, instead they keep sending the same email asking for my doctor’s note. I rather pay more money but if I can avoid it.
RouteFlorence to Catania
Date FlownAugust 2021

"deliberately selling direct flights they don't have"

Not Verified | This airline are deliberately selling direct flights they don't have giving the impression at point of purchase that your flight will take just over an hour. They then change your flight schedule just before the compensation date of 2 weeks before the flight for a non direct flight that goes via Barcelona. Paris to London via Barcelona only makes sense to a Spanish airline company that doesn't actually have the right to fly direct, yet publishes its flights as direct and gets around this with the loophole that even on purchase of what they call a Cancellation Policy, you are not entitled to a refund! The booking confirmation email does not allow you to check the policy of your cancellation insurance, if you click on the link it just takes you to an error page.Avoid at all costs, unless you are flying to Spain!
RouteParis to London
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"crew were friendly, efficient and totally professional"

Trip Verified | My first flight with Vueling - which I'd dreaded after reading reviews on here! It was excellent - apart from a few glitches uploading all the covid necessary documents for verification pre check-in. All Vueling staff - from airport bag drop to gate team to crew great. On board the cleanest aircraft I've ever flown, the crew were friendly, efficient and totally professional. Service was quick and the flight a delight.
RouteBarcelona to Newcastle
Date FlownAugust 2021

"they will not give us a refund"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | They changed our direct flight from Copenhagen to Malaga in December 2021 to a stopover one, so we naturally wanted to cancel the flight. We canceled the flight, but they will not give us a refund. Only flight credit. Their customer service are a total joke, with no interest to help customers.
RouteCopenhagen to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"need to have a better customer service"

Trip Verified | Terrible service. I try to cancel my trip and get any credit for that and travel after this COVID situation. I called many times and nobody answer phone. I sent e mail but no luck. They have requested place but it’s to hard to find it. They made everything confused for costumers. I know that this a low cost company but they need to have a better customer service.
RouteMalaga to Barcelona

"Horrible check-in experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Horrible check-in experience - the reservation code provided for the airline did not function on the Vueling airline website - trying to call customer service was useless: no combination of answer on the machine could get to an agent, just basic useless information. Trying to use the internet chatbot was even worse. Finally, even the link sent to the phone did not work. To be avoided!
RouteLisbon to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I couldn't cancel my flight"

Trip Verified | If you book a flight with this airline you will not be able to cancel it in case of death of a family member. One of my family members had passed away, and as I tried to cancel my flight (get a refund or a voucher), could not reach anyone at the customer service. I checked their web page - I couldn't cancel my flight there. I tried calling all of their phone numbers. Some were busy, the others just referred me to their web page. There is just no way one can cancel a flight booked with this airline. Stay away from this company!
RouteRome to Split