Vueling Airlines

"offers me $50 compensation"

Trip Verified | Destroyed my checked luggage by running it over with a truck before putting what was left of it on the luggage carousel. All reflected in the report and the incident was called to Nice airport luggage service before even releasing the luggage in my custody. Now Vueling offers me $50 compensation when my bag alone costs over $500 and was purchased 1 week prior to that trip, was brand new. Also the damaged contents, some of them lost on tarmac after the bag got run over by a truck.
RouteBarcelona to Nice
Date FlownJune 2024

"impossible to reach a live person"

Not Verified | The whole thing already started before the flight. Booking and preparation all online and easy, but you can't make any changes after you book something, once they took your money, they don't give it back. I had added a checked in bag, but did not need it, which I indicated already before the flight. They don't reimbursed me for it. It's was 100€. Everything is done over AI almost impossible to reach a live person, which can't do anything for you. Unfortunately that's a 0 for me.
RouteHamburg to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2024

"a typical low cost airline"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | In Athens you can not web-check-in. You can bid for 1st row or the following 3 rows with extra leg room. Getting extra leg seat gets you priority boarding. Wifi was not operating. Plane arrived with 30 minutes delay. Cabin was not clean. Crew was indifferent to me. It is a typical low cost airline
RouteAthens to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2024

”unconscionable conduct from Vueling”

Trip Verified | We bought tickets from the Vueling website and arrived at the check-in only to be told our tickets have been cancelled and that we would have to book another flight. We got no notification of the cancellation via email or SMS. The best we could do is book another flight several hours later which was significantly more expensive. So their mistake forced us to provide them even more money to be able to continue our scheduled travels. Update: After filing a complaint, Vueling responded that them cancelling our flights was 'beyond our control' and 'As it was an extraordinary circumstance, which we were not able to avoid despite putting all reasonable measures in place, in accordance with Article 5.3 of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament, and with the case law of the Court of Justice of the European Communities, you are not entitled to any form of compensation.' On a subsequent flight with Vueling, we were delayed an hour checking into the airport because their automated check-in machine seemingly wasn't working for anybody. At least we were allowed onto the plane this time. However, we had to wait almost another 2 hours in the plane while it was being repaired on the runway. Out of three of our journeys with Vueling, two of them we experienced issues. Further, they seem completely shameless in not correcting their own mistakes. Absolutely unconscionable conduct from Vueling, avoid.
RouteMilan to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2024

"wouldn’t let us on"

Not Verified | Just shocking, flight from Barcelona to Venice overbooked and wouldn’t let us on. 1 hour 45 minutes to queue for customer services, to be told it was our fault. Had to pay extra to fly 5 hours later, and they even charged us 60 euros for a bag that was booked on the earlier flight. I’ve been flying 36 years and my worst ever experience!
RouteManchester to Venice via Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2024

"Service was good"

Not Verified | Flew with Vueling as it was about £150 cheaper than flying with Ryanair or Easyjet. Easy check in at Cardiff Flight left on the dot. Plane was clean. Service was good. No issues, will look to book with them in the future.
RouteCardiff to Alicante
Date FlownMarch 2024

"they asked me to pay 60 EUR"

Trip Verified | I bought a one way multi leg flight ticket with Vueling from Malaga to Barcelona and from Barcelona to Geneva. I brought a backpack with me as hand luggage and, despite it fitted in the basket for luggage to be put under your seat, they asked me to pay 60 EUR x 2 legs = 120 EUR as according to them it did not fit well in the basket. I refused to pay and I had to book another flight. I would advise other travelers from Vueling with hand luggage who believe that they should not pay for their hand luggage to get on board as soon as possible. Why? Because it Vueling staff get abusive, there would be many witnesses who can also record with their mobile phones what is happening. Also if they get abusive and start discussing with a passenger, then the flight would delay because of them. Otherwise, if you are boarding the last one like me, they can just ask you to pay any amount even if your hand luggage fits the required measurements.
RouteMalaga to Barcelona

"very nice experience"

(Norway)

Trip Verified |   This was a seamless experience, from booking to the actual trip. Booking was easy and the costs transparent. So were the baggage rules. Downloading boarding passes easy and so was the actual check-in (using the app). Boarding in Santiago was smooth, no delays and no unnecessary wating (excpet 15 minutws to due traffic control restrictions). The plane was seemingly new and modern with wi-fi and Usb charging. The seats were not reclining and rather tight spacewize as most budget airlines but for a short flight it was no issue. Good selection of food and beverages. All in all, highly a very nice experience and highly recommene
RouteSantiago to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2024

"extra 60 EUR for our luggage"

Trip Verified |   Our family has purchased the flight Barcelona-Munich. We have purchased extra luggage for 15 kg. On the day of the flight, we made the check-in online and arrived at the airport. We have passed successfully all security gates. In the line for the boarding, the staff approached us and said that we needed to pay an extra 60 EUR for our luggage. They said that we purchased the check-on luggage that we didn't bring for check-in in time and to bring it on board we had to pay. Qe had no information that the company treated 15 kg cabin luggage as Check-in luggage.During online check-in nothing mentioned that we have to drop off check-in luggage. The size of our luggage was within the cabin size (55x40x20). They hide information from customers to be able to charge fees at the moment customers have no options.
Aircraft A321
RouteBarcelona to Munich
Date FlownApril 2024

"will not fly with them again"

Not Verified | Our family of six were to fly out of Morocco to Rome. 12 hours before the flight we checked on line to confirm our flight details. It had been canceled and we had not been notified. They told us they would provide us a flight 4 days later. No accommodations were offered. We chose another airline that would take us the next day if we could take a train to Casablanca. We have tried to get reimbursed the dollars we are out but Veuling has zero customer service. So disappointed. We will not fly with them again.
RouteMarrakesh to Rome via Barcelona