Vueling Airlines

"They just want more and more money from you"

Trip Verified | On my inbound flight I was able to add a cabin luggage during my online check-in. So I went to my trip with a cabin luggage. But on my outbound trip this option was not available. I had then to buy a checked bag. In the beginning the 15kg bag was 20 EUR, then on the check-out it went to 31 EUR, after a refresh the price was 26 EUR, and at the end I paid 31EUR for 15 checked luggage, instead of 12eur for a cabin luggage. My ticket cost 200EUR which of course is far from being low-cost. But the offered service is really cheap. They just want more and more money from you. I do not recommend this company and will not take it again. Very short legroom and dirty plane.
RouteBarcelona to Paris
Date FlownMay 2022

"Vueling is the worst airline"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Ticket re paid three times! On the morning of April 6, 2022, I arrive at Fiumicino airport with my return ticket for las Palmas paid 400 euros. The hostesses tell me that the ticket shows my first name repeated two times (name/name) not my first and last name. Although I paid for it with my credit card there is nothing to do for the company. I can only change the name by spending 500 euros, or buy a new ticket for 400 euros. I am ready to go, I have already paid for the hotel so I choose to buy a new ticket. I pay 490 euros, the hostesses tell me that it is the same return ticket like the first one, and they tell me to rush towards the boarding area. at the Gate the hostesses assure me again that the ticket is round trip and that I will receive the rest of tags once in Spain. But in Spain I will have a nasty surprise. the connection Barcelona to Las Palmas is overbooked and I will be boarded by a miracle and as last Passenger despite being the owner of two seats on that plane! After two days spent on the phone trying to talk to someone from Vueling, I discover that the replacement ticket sold to me at the check in in Rome is one way ticket! Ruined vacation for the first two days and uncertain mood for the remaining days looking for a return flight that wasn't too expensive. Total cost 1000 euros only for the flights of the Vueling; an additional hotel day + airport parking + lunch, dinner + airport lunch + extra = 150 euros. In total 750 euros more spent. 750 euros that I could have saved or spent to better enjoy the holiday. I could also have had a calmer, more relaxed attitude. For me Vueling is the worst airline in the world based on my experience. I have never had such a bad and depressing experience with an airline. They don't even give you a glass of water on board. The bathroom was dirty. the ground staff is absent if no physical person answers the phone.
RouteRoma to Las Palmas via Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2022

"amazingly bad customer service"

Trip Verified | My recent flight with Vueling was the worst flying experience of my life. I paid £795 for 2 adults and a child to fly one-way from Rome to Gatwick. This is a lot of money for such a terrible service. We paid extra for row 3 "More space plus" - this includes extra luggage allowance in the overhead bin & priority boarding. The priority boarding just didn't happen. As a result, we boarded about halfway through the process, and as we joined, every single overhead locker was full until row 10. However, on closer inspection, around 1/3 of these bags did not have yellow "approved" overhead locker tags on them, they were just the bags that should be stowed under the seat, but lazy passengers had just stored them in the bins. There was no monitoring or policing of the bin policy by any of the cabin crew, so this led to huge amounts of aggravation from all the passengers (like me) who had paid £30 extra for overhead luggage storage but now could not access it. The cabin crew were lazy, rude and surly. The 4 cabin crew "hid" behind their curtain at the front of the plane for the majority of the flight, laughing and giggling and ignored their customers for at least 75% of the journey. When passengers tried to access the front of the plane, the cabin crew held the curtain closed so the passengers couldn't get in. The food and beverage service started 25 minutes after the seatbelt lights had gone off. I was in Row 3, the crisps/snacks had already run out before they even got to me. The crew stopped people from using the front toilet (even when the light was green and the toilet was unoccupied), sending them to the back of the plane. It was truly amazingly bad customer service.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteRome to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2022

"no bags were loaded onto the plane"

Trip Verified | Vueling reported after landing that no bags were loaded onto the plane in Florence. Same for flight 6206, the previous flight that day. They claimed a wind incident at the airport. They claimed an overloaded flight, half the seats on A319 were empty. We filled out the requisite forms at the British Airways desk in Gatwick (they partner with Vueling and BA has the only terminal office for Vueling). The BA agent agreed that Vueling is horrible. Received one text message acknowledging our PIR number. Checking online shows that they are searching for our bags. Calling in to Vueling is a horrible experience. I could only find a human by mistake on the phone tree. The agent was the worst I have ever encountered. She would only tell me that the bags were not found yet. No bags loaded at the Florence airport and they don't know where they are? She told me that she could not connect me to a supervisor. She would not pass our case or contact info to a supervisor. A complete stonewall job. 2 days and no bags, no news.
RouteFlorence to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2022

"Shame on Vueling for providing such a poor service"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline with one of the most arrogant and unprofessional customer services I've ever experienced. I was going to work during the flight, I purchased some extra options to have a front seat, and to enjoy priority boarding. First, the boarding process at Alicante airport was a mess. When I entered the plane, it turned out that all overhead compartments in the front are full. It looked like most of the luggage belonged to the crew. The crew told me in a very arrogant way to store my hand luggage in the rear of the cabin (my seat was in the front row). Second, for most of the flight all the crew stayed in the front galley, giggling and chatting. They stowed the curtain, and closed the front lavatory to keep privacy. Lastly, the disembarkment was a mess. Okay, they announced that because of Covid passengers must leave the aircraft row by a row. But they didn’t care how the disembarkment actually looked like. I need look just like the boarding – a total mess. Shame on Vueling for providing such a poor service.
RouteAlicante (ALC) to Paris Orly (ORY)
Date FlownMarch 2022

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Vueling may have the worst customer service of any airline. I booked my flight incredibly carefully at Vueling.com, only to arrive at a confirmation page that had me flying on a totally different route than I had selected with a totally different time (like completely different origin and destination city and not even the same day). There was clearly a glitch with the booking, and I tried to contact Vueling call center only to find it closed. When I called back a few hours later and their call center was open, they refused to cancel or refund my reservation since "no website incident was documented" and since it had been more than 2 hours since I booked the flight. They did not care that their call center was closed which made it impossible to reach them within 2 hours of booking online. I am now out about 100 Euros because of a stupid glitch on Vueling's website which they refuse to acknowledge or offer support around. They claim I had to contact them within 2 hours of the booking (a ridiculously short window of time) despite the fact that their call center was closed within the 2 hour window. The only "solution" they offer you is to file a complaint on their website, which is literally a chat bot. If the situation weren't so unethical and clearly just an attempt for a company to rip off a customer, it might actually be somewhat comical at how bad they are at addressing even the most basic of mistakes.
RouteLa Palma to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2022

"A very cheap product in general"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Unacceptable policy for damaged luggage: since they don’t have partners for replacement of the damaged suitcases to all their destinations, Vueling imposes to passengers whose luggage is found damaged on arrival a reimbursement limited to only 50 euros, regardless the type, size and price of the baggage concerned. Bad value for money too: a rough low-cost service at a not necessarily low-cost price. A very cheap product in general.
AircraftA320N
RouteBarcelona to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2022

"All in all a bad experience"

Trip Verified | What a horrible experience. The check in wouldn’t work for days, documents didn’t get validated and you can only take under seat luggage?! I bought a combination ticket, so it wasn’t an option or explained that you had to pay extra for cabin luggage if at all there is that option. And not cheap either! I ended up having to check in my cabin baggage twice, so in the end this airline isn’t even cheaper. The check in literally took me hours because it didn’t accept the reservation code and the customer service doesn’t respond and reverts you back into the loop of not being able to contact Vueling directly. When arriving at the airport it took me another hour check in as there were hundreds of people and only 4 counters - ridiculous. I must admit the plane and chairs were ok, what you can expect for a cheaper airline. All in all a bad experience, will never travel with Vueling again.
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2022

"still waiting for a refund"

Trip Verified | I am still waiting for a refund from a cancelled flight. 16 months ago! No reply to any of my emails and impossible to talk to anyone on customer service number.
RouteAlicante to Gatwick
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"told me I’d receive no voucher"

Trip Verified | I’ve been extremely patient with the refund of 10 flights in 2020, two of which are still pending. Vueling staff confirming on my outbound flight that I’d receive a hotel voucher for the return flight, which was rerouted through Barcelona. It was impossible to get in touch before through phone, web, chat or email to get this confirmed. In Barcelona, no Vueling crew was to be found at 9PM and the Iberia staff at the Vueling counter told me I’d receive no voucher. Not offering any help whatsoever, hiding behind their Iberia logos and the info they got from Vueling. I don’t want to discover if the lack of customer service has further lows, so by now I’m convinced that paying the 30e extra for KLM will be more than worth it. Many thanks to the Vueling crews, your service has been brilliant (if you fly).
RouteFlorence to Amsterdam via Barcelona