Vueling Airlines

"company policy not to refund"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Manchester. I paid for priority boarding and paid extra to selected a better seat and to use the VIP lounge on Departure from Barcelona back to Manchester - also paid for cancellation insurance. Waste of money on all accounts as Vueling staff didn't seem to care where anybody sat on the plane and I didn't get the seat or one like it that i had paid for. Also after checking in for my departing flight on the 25th if June i was told the VIP lounge had been booked for my arrival - I arrived in Barcelona on the 12th June at 23:30 and the vip lounges close at 22:00, also who would want to sit in a VIP lounge when you arrive at your holiday destination! It doesn't make sense, so I called Vueling to clear this mess up so I could you the vip lounge when i had requested and intended on my departure but was told it could not be rearranged and that it was company policy not to refund!
RouteBarcelona to Manchester
Date FlownJune 2019

"no notion of customer service"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Bilbao to Barcelona. The first thing that should be noted about flying with Vueling is that they have no notion of customer service and experience at all. Every detail about the trip - from buying your ticket through their shady app where they pull extra costs out of nowhere, to having to guess where to grab the stuff you didn't take in the cabin with you at a huge airport - is cheap and amateurish. Due to their lack of training, the ground staff have no skills and suffer panic attacks for trivial reasons. They bark at passengers instead of treating them with respect. Security check was an absolute mess and it felt like the whole staff had a severe form of attention disorder. The worst part about flying with Vueling is managing to enter the plane at all since it's absolute chaos and their staff can't do their jobs without having constant panic attacks. The actual flight was OK. The crew's behaviour was a bit unprofessional since we could hear them laughing constantly behind their paper-thin curtain. But they have a pass since their employer is a joke.
RouteBilbao to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2019

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Olbia. Long delays with zero explanation or communication. Told ‘you just have to wait’. Not even basic common courtesy which really isn’t that hard. Very poor customer service.
RouteVienna to Olbia

"my Luggage was lost"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Napoli. During self-check-in for a flight to Barcelona on 10.06.2009, my Luggage was lost due to their staff at the airport. Of course, it has not been found, moreover, the so-called airline support service Vueling told me that they cannot help me (after 11 days). Lost and found office in delivery airport refused to give me the report so I stayed in foreign country without my bag and without any help. I have never encountered such a disregard and unprofessional attitude.
RouteBarcelona to Napoli
Date FlownJune 2019

"delayed for more than 5 hours"

(Spain)

Not Verified | The worst experience! Had a flight to Mykonos with a stop in Barcelona from Madrid. At first, the flight was delayed by 1 hour, with the plane already waiting at the gate. After all that time, they have randomly decided to change the destination of the aircraft to Menorca, instead of Barcelona. More than 20 people on that plane had a connection to make in Barcelona and the plane was completely booked. Absolutely ridiculous! How can you change the flights destination after making people wait for so long? The flight I was supposed to take was delayed for more than 5 hours. The flight attendants have not even apologized to the customers. What a disrespectful company with no value of their customers. No surprise everyone is writing terrible reviews.
RouteMadrid to Mykonos via Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2019

"Inflight services are zero"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Barcelona. I fly with Vueling 10/15 times each month because is mainly the only option for business travelling from Barcelona. Vast majority of my flights are late. Seats very uncomfortable. Inflight and land personnel with terrible attitude. Inflight services are zero.
RouteLisbon to Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2019

"Terrible experience with Vueling"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan Malpensa to Barcelona and we missed our connected flight Barcelona to Palma. Terrible experience with Vueling. Me, my husband and other passengers not related to us – were refused boarding. We were refused to board the plane, even though we’ve checked in online 1 day before, and passed passport control and were waiting at the gates in the queue. And all of us were blamed by the airline that it was our fault and we have been waiting at the wrong gate. The truth is that Vueling at the last moment before boarding changed the gates which was originally on the screens and didn’t announce the change. Instead they announced gate 7 to Barcelona, which we went to (apparently it was added second plane/flight by them). There were two identical flights by Vueling from Milan to Barcelona at the same time from the same terminal of Malpensa. As we discovered later – from the gate #7 and gate #1 (after gates changes were amended). We came to the gate 7, Which was announced and we gave our boarding passes and passports to the lady who checked them at the boarding desk – she said “wait in the queue” , she didn’t even mention anything that we are at the wrong gate and wrong flight. Vueling sold way more tickets than they could board and that’s why had to create this mess and to confuse passengers to make sure to get rid of us, as there were no more seats on the plane as we understood. They didn’t announce a last call either – to invite right passengers to the right gate – because they were interested to get rid of us, not board us. The airline then delayed the flight (from gate 1) for 1.5 hour, because they needed time to find our suitcases to kick them off the plane, but they didn’t have seats to board us which would be faster. We’ve spent all night searching for the new tickets and had to travel from Malpensa to Linate airport to catch the new flight we booked, which cost us 409.70 EUR plus 25EUR luggage, plus bus + taxi fees. We also lost lots of nerves and one day of our 4 days holidays at Mallorca and we are very disappointed with this fact and will demand compensation from Vueling for us. We have never ever had such a terrible experience and were amazed how the situation developed.
RouteMilan to Palma via Barcelona
Date FlownJune 2019

"5 days before we got our luggage"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Lisbon. Vueling managed to lose both our suitcases, as well as 50% of the other passengers on board. Apparently, they just forgot to load an entire truck's worth of luggage. Vueling responds like they couldn't care less. They left us at the destination with no explanation of where our luggage was. They did, in fact, know exactly what had happened, but decided they'd withhold the information from us. It took 5 days before we got our luggage back, all the while Vueling would tell us nothing. It was only when we received an email from the airport, telling us it had arrived, that we knew to pick it up. We, of course, had to purchase toiletries and clothes during this time, and Vueling's customer's service team said they'll reimburse for such expenses. So we made sure to keep hold of receipts. Flash forward to arriving home and filing a claim for this, Vueling decided to wriggle their way out of this by claiming we didn't have the original luggage tag receipt. We had a full page report from the baggage claim process, with our passport info, flight details, and baggage tag information. Basically everything they would possibly need to verify us in their system. But Vueling could not care less about honoring their mistakes and reimbursing customers They are legally bound by the Montreal Convention to reimburse us for this, but presumably, most passengers, including us, don't have time to pursue further legal action. Therefore this is their cheapest, most effective response. This was the final straw for us, but we have had other bad experiences flying with them.
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2019

"It was a good experience"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Ibiza. Although the flight was delayed for almost an hour, the aircraft was brand new. I was travelling with INF and Vueling gave me priority all the time and in general all the staff was very helpful. It was a good experience.
RouteMadrid to Ibiza

"worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Paris. Pay the extra $50-100 if you can manage. This was the worst flight experience of my life. Vueling Air almost cost us our honeymoon, definitely cost us the opening World Cup match, a beautiful hotel, and an entire day in Paris. It was an absolute nightmare from checking in to landing. I could write a Russian novel on the complete and total ineptitude of this airline, but I will summarize why you should avoid this airline at all costs: 1. Check in line was absolute chaos. People had no idea where to be, who to talk to, and how long it would take to get boarding passes. It took one hour to get boarding passes 2. This delay forced a horde of passengers to make a mad dash to the gate as the airport screens indicated that boarding would be closed within minutes 3. We all get to the gate in a frenzied state only to be told that our flight was delayed by one hour 4. We wait for an hour at the gate. No word from the 2 Vueling employees on where our plane is and how much longer we will have to wait 5. After 2 hours had passed, the employee announced that our 1:00 PM flight had been delayed to 9:00 PM...audible gasps and shock fill the room. People flood the two employees 6. The employees indicate that we can get food vouchers $12 per person at the Information desk 7. The two Vueling employees get their bags and leave the gate as they are at the end of their shift. No explanation on why there was a delay. We are told by one sympathetic employee, "good luck and keep on checking the screens." 8. Because it took them 2 hours to inform us that the flight was significantly delayed, options for the Eurostar and another flight are impossible. We are forced to wait until 9 PM without any degree of certainty as to whether or not the flight would be canceled 9. Around 8PM a large group is forming near the Information desk about the status of our 9 PM flight. The woman at the info desk told us to call the Vueling number (which went straight to voicemail, btw) and to keep checking screens for updates on cancellations 10. The woman at the info desk leaves for the night. The large group continues to wait until another British Airways employee says our flight should be good to go at 10 PM. They are just waiting on another plane flying from Portugal 11. No word for another hour until the screen changes and our flight is scheduled to leave at 11 PM. There's no employees at the gate. 12. At 11:30 PM, two exasperated employees come to the gate to begin checking in passengers. One of the employees got into an argument with the other employee and exclaimed, "I QUIT!" and left the ticketing gate within 10 minutes. There is now only 1 employee checking folks in 13. We finally board at midnight and arrive in Paris at 2 AM My issue is not with the delay as to how Vueling absolutely failed to provide any level of transparency or communication to its passengers. Look, I know this is not a top airline, but it is completely unacceptable to treat your customers this way. By stringing us all along for hours, they robbed us of any other choice. My husband and I missed the opening match of the Women's World Cup ($400) and essentially an entire day of our honeymoon. We are now attempting to be compensated for our losses and Vueling is not cooperating despite EU laws and their own policy regarding delayed flights. I cannot believe they are allowed to still be in business. You can take your chances with this airline.
RouteGatwick to Paris