Vueling Airlines

"they won’t refund our money"

Trip Verified | They cancelled our 2020 reservation due to Covid. Totally understandable. When I went to rebook for 2021, they don’t offer the same flight combo on the day we need to travel and they won’t refund our money either (€835). Pretty terrible. They are also very hard to reach.
RouteBari to Marseille via Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2020

"airline refuses to give me a refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket for a friend of mine. In April, due to the covid-19 situation, the flight was canceled. I understand not being entitled to compensation for the inconvenience because it was force majeure. However, I paid for a service. The service was not fulfilled and the airline refuses to give me a refund. They just keep the money.
RouteAsturias to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2020

"Friendly crew and on time performance"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Good flight, boarding process went smooth and with all the needed covid-19 measures, at the entrance of the plane the staff gave us a hygienic handkerchief. Friendly crew and on time performance.
RouteBarcelona to Mahon
Date FlownOctober 2020

"they have still not refunded me"

Trip Verified | Vueling have caused me a lot of stress. They cancelled our flights to Rome, in April, as the Covid pandemic worsened in Italy. After numerous phone calls, working my way through the menus and sometimes being cut off after waiting for long periods of time, they have still not refunded me for flights they cancelled. I tried applying for the refund on line, as they stipulated on several e mails - but at the end of the process, a sentence comes up saying we are not entitled to a refund. I have been trying for 3 months now. I also e mailed the CEO about it- and heard nothing back. I will never book with them again. Very disappointing.
RouteGatwick to Rome
Date FlownApril 2020

"they are thoroughly inflexible"

Not Verified | We booked a Paris to Venice flight for the 1st october, 2 days before the Italian government put in new measures related to the COVID 19 pandemic, namely that of needing a negative covid test done within 72 hours of travelling (feat which proved impossible for us at the moment in France due to a saturation of our labs with tests and delays of one week to receive the test results). We attempted to discuss with the airline's customer service the possibility of changing our flight, as reimbursement was non negotiable; we would have been very happy to consider a change of destination, especially given we understand this time is difficult for airlines, but it was impossible to have any conversation whatsoever. I explained other airlines were offering flight changes, in terms of dates and destination, but Vueling would not consider this at all despite the pandemic and the difficulties it represents for everyone, whether customer or business. We do not recommend you consider travelling with this company at any time while the pandemic continues considering how quickly governmental measures can change as they are thoroughly inflexible on this matter and will not attempt to help you. It is not worth even considering to continue travelling when the risk is of losing all your money. We were incredibly disappointed that there was absolutely no opportunity for discussion when many businesses have shown great flexibility and adaptation during this pandemic. I cannot speak to the quality of the actual flight as we will not be taking it.
RouteParis to Venice
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"just want to have my money back"

Trip Verified | I will never book via Vueling again. My flight was cancelled due to the insolvency of LEVEL. After waiting for some weeks I received an e-mail with information to "manage my booking" in order to get a voucher to be used for another flight. I was not able to "manage my booking", a heading was shown on the site to contact the customer service to get more information. Ever since I have contacted the customer support number 020 808 1295 already 5 times in order to receive a voucher. They explained me that the booking number on my ticket was my voucher number. I tried to use it and it was expired "invalid". I called again to ask why this is and they assured to send me a new voucher number since the one I tried was clearly not used. I have waited for days although they assured that they would send it right away to my email address. I called again and the assured me again that they would send me the new voucher.. never happened. I called again and the lady on the line would not believe me that I am the person related to the booking although I provided her with all the details. She hang up. I called one last time and they forwarded me to call LEVEL to get a refund although Vueling offered a flight voucher in the first place since the flight was operated through them. There is no chance that I reach Level as they are insolvent. At this stage I just want to have my money back.
RouteAmsterdam to Lisbon

"Terrible experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience during the crisis. No compensation and customer service is a robot answering mails. Company in decline. Will never recommend to anyone.
RouteCopenhagen to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2020

"over reacted bad treatment"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible covid experience in Lanzarote-Malaga flight. Because of previous health issues I am unable to wear a mask (breathing problems) but wore one because of Vueling`s norms and regulations. My seat neighbor started complaining about me wearing my mask with my nose free and ended up screaming at me. The staff came and after I had explained my situation insisted of having me wear the mask the whole flight which gave my an extremely uncomfortable 2 hours with headache and breathing problems. The row in front of me and my 2 seat neighbors were offered other seats while I was treated like a pariah with everyone staring at me with disapproval. What kind of treatment is that? A flight attendant even asked for my health history which I had to show her and which is illegal according to EU law. I don't think that situation can be explained with a supposed Covid emergency. It was rude, not justified and over reacted bad treatment of a paying customer.
RouteLanzarote to Malaga
Date FlownAugust 2020

"they were bound to pay compensation"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Three hours after trying to check-in and two hours before scheduled departure, flight was cancelled on day of departure. Airline informed passengers they were re-booked the following morning, transport to hotel was provided with snack meals for dinner and breakfast. No attempts to inform passengers on arrival, at check-in or any other time until the cancellation was announced - this delay prevented passengers accessing alternative airlines and making connecting flights where applicable. From the outset, they used EC 261/2004 regulations and asserted they were not liable due to "extraordinary circumstances". I acknowledged they had provided transport, meals and accommodation (as provided for in the same regulations) but that they were bound to pay compensation for cancellation of the flight. This was refused by the airline and I referred the matter to the designated authority responsible for compliance with these regulations. Almost a year after the cancellation and extensive, very frustrating correspondence, the authority agreed that the airline was liable - copies of this report were sent to the airline, who maintain that they are not liable. As the authority states that their findings are not binding on the airline, we now have a set of regulations passed to protect the interests of passengers, a statutory body to ensure compliance, an enquiry and finding, all of which are seemingly unenforceable against the defaultin
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"won't be using this airline again"

Trip Verified | I received an email from Vueling notifying me I can receive a refund in the form of airline credit as the flight was canceled due to COVID (email attached). I am in the US and they make it terribly hard to contact them via phone and website contact form to claim the credit. Finally I was able to submit a claim 24 hours before the date of the flight. After all of that I received a reply saying they couldn’t give me a credit for some BS reason. I won't be using this airline again.
RouteNice to Florence via Barcelona