Vueling Airlines

"booking was changed"

Trip Verified | Rome to Catania. My booking was changed. We booked a flight 5 days before departure and then received an email notification that our flight had been rescheduled for a morning flight. I followed the email instructions and went to "Manage my booking". I clicked on "Change flight" to see if we could change to a later flight. By clicking on "change flight" the rescheduled flight was submitted and confirmed. I did not even get a chance to go back to the page to request a refund. I emailed to the customer service to get a refund. Of course, my request was rejected. After booking, my flight time changed to an unsatisfactory time with no reasons and no alternative offered. I also tried to call customer service, but I gave up because I was on hold for almost 1 hour. Both their website and customer service were useless. Don't fly with Vueling if you can avoid it.
RouteRome to Catania
Date FlownOctober 2019

"told me that it was too late"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Paris Orly to Malaga. I was there on time to register and go through customs. After that, I bought a few things at the duty free and had a coffee. I arrived at the gate at 9:50 am (my flight was at 10 am), a little short but I just had to step into the plane (no luggage). When I arrived, the boarding agent told me that it was too late and that they had already taken my luggage out of the plane. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. Even on international flights, I had never seen anything like this. No one told me when I registered that I had to be at the gate 20 mn before departure. And they say they made an announcement in the airport but I was at 5 mn from the gate and never heard my name. I was really furious. I had to redo everything and pay for a new ticket at full price. I really don't understand their policy on that matter. I was not the only who get tricked by this. A few other people were with me. Especially because they didn't try to accommodate us. After that, I responded to their customer survey but they never got back to me. So, for me, it was the first and last time I will travel with this company.
RouteParis to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"both times the flight was delayed"

Not Verified | Worst airline I've ever flown with. In three weeks, I've flown them twice and both times the flight was delayed by over an hour, which put me at risk of missing my next connection. The staff and cabin crew are rude and couldn't care less if there is a delay or if that's a problem for you. Complete lack of accountability, no explanations for the delays. Avoid this airline if you can. The worst I've ever known.
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick

"my bag did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Flew Vueling twice on my Europe trip.The first flight they cancelled citing ground staff strike and did not seem it fit to inform me. Handed me a form at the airport saying i was eligible for a claim. At that moment i didn’t really care. All i wanted was to reach Barcelona as a friend was waiting and we had an onward flight to Ibiza. So i spent the night at a very substandard motel about half a mile walk from the airport with heavy bags. When i did write to them claiming compensation i got a mail replying i was not eligible for one. I decided to forget about it and enjoy my holiday in Ibiza. On my flight out of Ibiza the Vueling staff snatched my carry on personal luggage while i was entering the aircraft. I told them it had my valuable personal belongings and is not a check in bag. They handed me a tag and said i would get it in Rome. I did not like the way the bag was taken. i wasn’t even given a chance to lock it. I called the crew members and told them i need that bag on me. My connection in Barcelona to catch my onward flight wasn’t long enough to retrieve my snatched bag. The airhostess looked at the tag handed to me and said my bag was tagged to Rome and i would get it on arrival. On arrival in Rome, my bag did not arrive. I filed a PIR, my holiday in italy was ruined and its been more than 9 days now. Vueling has neither located my bag nor replied to me. Calling their customer service numbers is a waste of time. If they don’t find my bag i doubt any insurance will cover my loss.
RouteIbiza to Rome via Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Vueling delays caused us to miss our flight"

Trip Verified | We were flying from Malaga to Barcelona and connecting with our Air Transat flight that was from Barcelona to Toronto. We allowed 3 hours in Barcelona airport for the transfer between flights. (1) The Vueling flight from Malaga to Barcelona was 1.5 hours late leaving Malaga. We figured we could still make our Air Transat flight as long as our baggage was on time. (2) We waited 2 hours in Barcelona for the baggage to be unloaded by Vueling. There was no customer service agent from Vueling to tell us first of all why the flight was delayed in the first place and secondly why it took 2 hours for our baggage to be unloaded. There was at least a 100 people standing around waiting for their luggage with many people who had missed their connections. The Vueling delays caused us to miss our flight to Toronto - so we had to pay: (1) for new one way tickets. The one way tickets cost us more than our original round trip tickets between Toronto and Barcelona. (2) for a night in Barcelona (3) an extra night in long term parking (4) an extra night to have our dogs looked after.
RouteMalaga to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2019

"had no problems at all"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Porto with Vueling Airlines. I honestly had such low hopes for this airline after reading other reviews. But I had no problems at all. The staff at the airport were nice, the staff in the air were nice. Every thing was normal and the flight was smooth. I would give them another go.
RouteParis Orly to Porto

"couldn’t care less"

Not Verified | Paris to London. I’m writing this review while stuck on the tarmac at CdG airport. Been here for 90 minutes, there seems to be a problem with the plane. No-one has said what is going on, no communication at all, no idea if we are going to take off or not. Staff chatting away at the front, couldn’t care less about the customers.
RouteParis to London
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the most unreliable airline"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Vueling is the most unreliable airline in the world. Every time I have booked a flight, they automatically change my flight to several days before or after my original flight. Sometimes I am notified but sometimes not. When I am notified sufficiently in advance, I immediately must book a different flight with a different (more reliable) carrier so as not get close to the original fare. Admittedly, Vueling is good for refunding the ticket price but horrible for being reliable for the flight you desire. If I am not notified until just a few days before departure, then my travel plans are completely disrupted and I must find a more expensive flight for my original date if it exists. My advice: spend a few extra Euros and fly another carrier. It is far too risky. Who needs this extra stress?
RouteRome to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"will not get any compensation"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Palma to Dubrovnik via Barcelona. Our flight to Barcelona was delayed, so we can`t reach second part to Dubrovnik. In plane nobody gave us useful help. After waiting and running between gates in Mallorca, some passengers asked for water, they have to pay for this. In Barcelona Vueling have been sending us from one to another service desk. We spend more than 4 night hours waiting for any information and help. Nothing, even give us water was to heavy duty for Vueling. Finally we got information, that all hotels are busy and we have to book hotel for yesterday (was past midnight). They don`t care their own regulations. Now i got answer for ma claim. No answer, when they will give me back my luggage. No answer, when they will pay me back for hotel. Only answer i got is that i will not get any compensation, because fly to Barcelona was delayed only 2 hours. Doesn`t matter for them, I was in final destination 24 hours later, doesn`t matter for them both part of fly were provided by them!
RoutePalma to Dubrovnik via Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"OK for short hops within Spain"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Bilbao. Check-In at Barcelona is almost entirely self-service; you print your boarding pass and luggage tag from a machine, and then use another machine to send your bag to the plane. I had trouble figuring out how to use this, and when I finally found someone who I could ask for help he looked at me like I was an idiot before begrudgingly telling me what to do. Fortunately, the gate staff and flight attendants were much nicer. The seats were hobbit-sized, and I wouldn't want to fly in them for longer than the hour that I did. Fortunately, the flight was smooth and on-time, and my suitcase even beat me to the baggage claim in Bilbao. I think that Vueling is OK for short hops within Spain, but I'd hesitate before taking them on a longer flight.
RouteBarcelona to Bilbao