Vueling Airlines

"This service is absolute rubbish"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Rome to London Gatwick. Paid for a premium seat in the front for my wife and I to get a bit of extra room. Fine and dandy. However Vueling has lost both our big suitcases. It seems they were sent to Santorini. We have tried numerous times over the past two days to get some sense out of them but no joy. They do not return emails nor phone calls at all. This service is absolute rubbish.
RouteRome to London Gatwick
Date FlownAugust 2019

"No care about passengers"

Trip Verified | Bought these direct Gatwick to Vienna flights since February for a convention in Vienna in September, and for our surprise with less than a month to our trip they sent an e-mail informing this flight has a connection now in Barcelona, and the return connection is 8 hours waiting. Customer service didn't what to help or refund my ticket. One of our traveller is a speaker. No care about passengers.
RouteGatwick to Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"our only carry on bag was taken"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Barcelona. This is the worst airline there has to be. After paying triple the normal ticket for Optima ticket, our only carry on bag was taken from us to be put in the cargo because the cabin was full! It is your policy and I paid for it. Horrible seats. More than 40 minutes delay.
RouteAmsterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"absolute bottom of my list"

Not Verified | Nice to Barcelona. This airline is at the absolute bottom of my list. My 1st flight delayed by 6 hours. Staff useless, no food, drinks or compensation. 2nd flight was cancelled and changed to day later. 3rd flight cancelled and changed to 5 hours later which makes me miss my connecting flight. As a budget traveler I would really say avoid at all costs.
RouteNice to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"What a lousy airline"

Trip Verified | Lousy first experience with Vueling (Level) Our suitcase got lost on the Vueling flight from Amsterdam to Milan Malpensa. More than a month later we still don't have our suitcase back. Everything can be booked online, but complaints must be submitted by written letter and delivered by a postal service! What a lousy airline.
RouteAmsterdam to Milan Malpensa
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I tried to call and cancel"

Trip Verified | Our EasyJet flight was canceled 2 hours before the flight, leaving us in a huge lurch. I mistakenly booked a flight on Vueling (google flight listed the incorrect time on its website, and I didn't catch it prior to booking). As soon as I received the confirmation, I tried to call and cancel. The customer service wasn't open. I tried to message them, but because nothing fit the offered selections, it wouldn't take my message. We ended up on a train and I called as soon as I could (about 4 hours later). The customer service "manager" told me that I had to email within 2 hours about the mistake, or I was out of luck. I now know there is no "email"; there is also no way to provide them a letter. I sent a letter explaining the situation via federal express to the corporate headquarters, and it was refused. I can't believe Spain allows this type of customer service. I understand I made a mistake to begin with, but having no opportunity to even try to rectify the mistake is crazy. For what it's worth, surprisingly, EasyJet was absolutely terrific in providing a refund and dealing with us.
RouteBarcelona to Lyon via Rome
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Currently stranded in Mallorca"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Nürnberg. This has been one of the worst airline experiences I have ever had. Vueling overbooked our flight home from Barcelona to Nürnberg and my boyfriend and I did not receive a seat. Then they booked us a flight from Barcelona to Mallorca but they did not manage to book the flight from Mallorca to Nürnberg. Currently stranded in Mallorca waiting to see if we can even get a flight out today. I will never fly with them again.
RouteBarcelona to Nürnberg
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Two delays within 30 days"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Barcelona. Two delays within 30 days, first one was due to “an operational issue” cost me half a day to return home from Barcelona to Beirut. Second one was on the 8th of August, 1.5 hours delay then a sudden/powerful stop of the takeoff, the reason was tire maintenance, cost us around 4 hours in total. It hurts that it’s the only direct flight between Beirut and Barcelona and I feel obliged to take it so that I enjoy the 4-5 hours back home every time I go on vacation. To note: the staff is super friendly but it feels they don’t have the tools and utilities to provide a class service.
RouteLisbon to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not within the scope for a refund"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Seville to Dubrovnik via Barcelona. This is the worst airline I've flown. They have no sense of customer service, and they have no sense of compassion towards their passengers. We were so early at the airport because our flight was supposed to be at 8 am. The staff were rude, and when the plane started to have technical issues, they avoided talking to the passengers. We waited for more than 6 hours with no update and after asking us to change boarding gates for two times, they eventually cancelled the flight. They only gave us 6 euros worth of food. And when we demanded to be boarded to the next flight, they told us that since we will miss our connecting flight to Dubrovnik (which is with the same airline), they booked us to a later flight and will just provide us hotel accommodation. So we waited for another 5 hours, eventually, when we arrived in Barcelona, they booked us in a hotel with less than 3 hours to sleep before we needed to go back to the airport. We missed a whole day in Dubrovnik, because of the poor service of this airline. Then when we emailed regarding our refund, they said that because of a technical issue beyond the control of the airline it is not within the scope for a refund. My advice, just avoid this airline.
RouteSeville to Dubrovnik via Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it is not worth your time or your money"

NotVerified | Barcelona to Dublin. Do not trust. Flight delays and Lost Baggage. I’ve flown with over 20 different airlines in my life and my experience with Vueling has been by far been the worst. The moderate and budget friendly pricing is extremely attractive, but it is not worth your time or your money. Everything about this company and airline is terribly constructed, from consistent delays in flight times to lost luggage and awful customer support. I ended up spending more money than it would’ve cost me to buy a premium airline ticket, I should’ve never tried to save money and trusted Vueling. They lost my luggage halfway across the world, took no responsibility for it and left me to pay for all the necessities I needed just to get by. Do not travel with Vueling, it is not worth the headache.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin