Vueling Airlines

"Horrible check-in experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Horrible check-in experience - the reservation code provided for the airline did not function on the Vueling airline website - trying to call customer service was useless: no combination of answer on the machine could get to an agent, just basic useless information. Trying to use the internet chatbot was even worse. Finally, even the link sent to the phone did not work. To be avoided!
RouteLisbon to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I couldn't cancel my flight"

Trip Verified | If you book a flight with this airline you will not be able to cancel it in case of death of a family member. One of my family members had passed away, and as I tried to cancel my flight (get a refund or a voucher), could not reach anyone at the customer service. I checked their web page - I couldn't cancel my flight there. I tried calling all of their phone numbers. Some were busy, the others just referred me to their web page. There is just no way one can cancel a flight booked with this airline. Stay away from this company!
RouteRome to Split
Date FlownJuly 2021

"The worst airline I've ever flown with"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I've ever flown with, switched my flight to Florence 4 times, and then switched my flight back to Paris to a day earlier without telling me! A company run by a bunch of incompetent idiots, good luck getting any money back. They left me with my only option of going to Barcelona for a 5 hour layover! Never fly Vueling!
RouteFlorence to Barcelona via Paris
Date FlownJune 2021

"wasn't allowed to bring on board my small guitar"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I wasn't allowed to bring on board my small guitar, I had to pay 60 dollars to check it in as special luggage! The flight was half empty and I could always keep it under my seat.
RouteBarcelona to Venice
Date FlownJune 2021

"uncaring, money grubbing airline"

Not Verified | We booked tickets for a flight within Europe with Vueling Airlines. Vueling cancelled the flight due to covid. We asked for a refund of our money. They refused a refund and gave us a flight credit that expires in January 2022. We will not be travelling for another 12 months or longer depending on Covid so the flight credit will expire. What is really disgraceful is that we were charged an exorbitant fee for baggage for a flight we will never make. We tried getting a refund of our money once again a few weeks ago, but with no success. The airline said we voluntarily accepted the flight credit. What a bunch of lies. We had no other option from the airline. We asked for a refund but they refused. We had airline tickets with another airline from Canada to Europe and they returned our money for tickets purchased when they cancelled the flight due to Covid. Vueling is an uncaring, money grubbing airline which I will never use in the future. Their customer relations are horrible.
RouteLisbon to Ibiza
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"only suitable for local flights"

(Montenegro)

Not Verified | Very cheap airline, only suitable for local flights within Spain and with your backpack. If any connecting flights after that, you can forget about your luggage. Too complicated for them.
RouteJerez to Barcelona via London
Date FlownMay 2021

"wouldn't refund my flight"

Not Verified | Vueling cancelled my flight and offered another flight two days after or a refund. I chose the refund. Later on they said that due to Covid-19 there wouldn't refund my flight and closed my complaint file. On their website they advertise for full refund in case of cancellation. Never flying with them again.
RouteParis to Seville
Date FlownMay 2021

"I won't be shedding a tear when they go out of business"

Trip Verified | You're better off setting your money on fire - at least you will avoid disappointment and dealing with apathetic people who shouldn't be in business. We had flight boarding denied on departure on a weekend flight. As a result, we were unable to leave the country. Returned home to try and reschedule the return leg of the journey. Vueling's website just wouldn't work. Called, no answer. Emailed, no answer. Finally spoke to someone and managed to raise a claim. Vueling responds saying it was too late! Despite their website being the cause of the inability to cancel the flight! I won't be shedding a tear when they go out of business.
RouteMallorca to London
Date FlownApril 2021

"they gave me a voucher that expired"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | They automated all their replies to just say that they apologize and they cannot refund or help you in anyway. And that it's not their fault because of Covid. Well it's not our fault either, I paid 200euros for my flights in March 2020 and I didn't even ask for a refund, I asked to use that money for flights in the future and they gave me a voucher that expired. I paid for services that I am not getting.
RouteBarcelona to Madrid
Date FlownMay 2020

"Avoid this airline!"

Trip Verified | My flight from Budapest to Barcelona in May 2020 was cancelled because of Covid. I received an email informing me that the price would be transferred to a flight credit and then later informed that there would be no refund credit processed at all. This is wrong. Repeated phone calls and emails and gone unanswered. My account on their website has been removed. There seems to be no way to combat this abuse and fraud other than warn potential future travellers by review sites such as this. Avoid this airline!
RouteBudapest to Barcelona