Volotea

"take others and not Volotea"

Not Verified | Mykonos to Athens. Volotea failed to transport passengers from origin to destination. The flight from Mykonos to Athens on 6th May at 7pm was cancelled. Upon cancellation, they did not offer any backup flight on the same day or next day. We are stranded on Mykonos and was anxious because we need to catch any international flight at Athens on the next day. Next morning, they put us on a ferry that takes 7 hours to reach Athens and told us to go to Mykonos port to collect the ferry ticket.Ferry departs at 1415hrs and reach Athens at 7pm. However, the ferry office said Volotea did not make such booking for us. We have to pay for own ferry ticket at our own cost. After the incident, we wrote to Volotea for refund since they did not put us on the plane at all. They refuse to refund (70 euros) and stated that it was under unforeseen circumstances that they cancel the flight. They also did not pay for the ferry ticket (38euros) upon producing the receipt. Their customer service even claim that this was no show initially, instead of a flight cancellation. This is really the most non-reliable airline and bad customer service. There are other airline serving Mykonos to Athens - pls take others and not Volotea. Do not let this airline spoil your schedule or holiday.
RouteMykonos to Athens
Date FlownMay 2019

"30€ per pack for check in"

Trip Verified | Mykonos to Athens. Rude service crew at check in counter. Charge extra 30€ per pack for check in, only mentioned no charges if booked online but we are not allowed to do so as they helped to check in. Extra charges for bag that couldnt possibly fit in the small box provided. End up, total extra charges of 110€ due to their greedy policy.
RouteMykonos to Athens
Date FlownMay 2019

"flight was perfectly fine"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Toulouse to Prague. Having read negative reviews, our particular flight was perfectly fine. We were notified well in advance, (3+ weeks) of a 25 minute change in flight departure time, which made no material difference to travel plans. It's a low cost carrier, and did what it said on the tin. Maybe it would have been different if they cancelled but we did not have that experience. Cabin crew maybe needed to speed up a bit, but overall a cheerful experience
RouteToulouse to Prague

"ridiculous hidden fees"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Santorini to Athens. Out of the 45+ airlines i flew with, most of them are "budget" airlines, this is the far worse. First, the excruciating booking process is full of ridiculous hidden fees. While boarding the plane, they randomly chose passengers to try fit their carry-on bags to their tiny sizer and nailed them with a 60 euro fee. If they wanted they could screw half of the passengers but they knew it will lead to a mutiny. I personally was forced to check a bag that meets all international size standards and traveled with all over the world without any issue, including another Volotea flight just 3 days earlier. I had to go back to the check-in counter, go through security again and delay the whole flight because of their greedy luggage policy. Of course they checked my girlfriend's bag too for no cost, even though there was plenty of space in the cabin. It wasn't a matter of safety, just pure greed. And no, playing Bob Marley in the PA system didn't make us "get together and feel alright". The actual flight was fine and the crew was ok.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownMay 2019

"changed times to 3.5h earlier"

Not Verified | Athens to Crete. Worst customer service ever. They advertised a flight and we purchased that flight and made the rest of our reservations accordingly. Several weeks later they e-mail me that the flight had changed times to 3.5h earlier than our original time. This was impossible for us to accept because our flight from the U.S.A. arrived after this. I explained the situation to them and ask for help to locate another flight that would work with our schedule. I sent 3 messages trying to get help. It took 5 days for them to respond with no help at all. They know the airlines that fly from Athens to Crete, we don't they could have at least told us an alternative airlines to try. Now we have had to find another airline and pay a lot more money. I feel that the least they could do is pay the difference it has cost us between the two flights.
RouteAthens to Crete

"refuses any compensation"

Trip Verified | Bordeaux to Madrid. This company charges for luggage which it did not deliver and refuses not just any compensation, but also, at the very least, to refund the cost of the undelivered luggage. In my case, I had to go myself, on my way back, inside the lost luggage section of the airport airport to retrieve my lost luggage.
RouteBordeaux to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"did not provide any help"

Trip Verified | Me and my wife were booked to fly with Volotea Airline from Athens to Santorini on April 9, 2019. After much delay they announced flight cancelled. It was past 9 PM. Then did not provide any help such as hotel, rebooking with any other airline, or booking with same airline next day, but suggested 8 hour ferry ride next day morning. They gave us 2 Travelwelfare prepaid cards each worth 5 Euros as a compensation. But when we went to get something to eat we were told these cards are blank and there is no money in it. Beware of this airline. In my view they are Thugs. It is companies like VOLOTEA which spoil the name of Greece.
RouteAthens to Santarini
Date FlownApril 2019

"charge me for 1kg extra luggage"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Nantes to Palma de Mallorca. They wanted to charge me for 1kg of extra pre-booked luggage, even though that their standard packaged 20kg check in luggage allowance is less generous than other low-cost airlines. Boarding took forever because they did not allow passengers to take their hand luggage on board, so these had to be checked in at the gate. Then a cabin crew insisted that I put on my jacket during landing, keeping it on my lap was not an option seated in the first row even though during takeoff this had not been a problem. €190 for a oneway 1.5 hour flight booked 1 week in advance is way too much for this lousy experience.
RouteNantes to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownApril 2019

"I know not to fly cheap airlines"

Trip Verified | Majorca to Lyon. I know not to fly cheap airlines and this is just an exception because there’s no other flight for the date. Upon boarding, I encountered some rude cabin crews. There is obviously some language barrier but the attitude of the crews matches the price and value of Volotea. This is for sure the first and last time I fly Volotea. The airline incorrectly charged me twice for the same ticket. Still hoping to get half of the payment back.
RouteMajorca to Lyon
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"uninterested crew on board"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Naples. This was by the far worst flight experience I have ever endured. For starters the check in experience/the airport at Santorini is horrific, no signs indicating where to go and what to do etc. Despite the airport not being up to date our worst experience came in form of the "service" or rather lack of provided by the uninterested crew on board this flight. The flight staff were very rude and had no interest in doing their job. They took forever to get the paid food and beverage menu started on this flight and then conveniently skipped half the aircraft. We thought this would be a fairly priced flights till we ended up having to pay an additional 110 euros for luggage and seats.
RouteSantorini to Naples