Volotea

"Flight was delayed by almost 2 hours"

Trip Verified | 1) Flight was delayed by almost 2 hours. 2) Priority ticket only means you get to board first, no other additional benefits. 3) No fragile sticker available for check in bags. 4) Despite my carry on bag being the appropriate size, a flight attendant hassled me to check in my carry on bag after security to try to squeeze you for every euro.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2020

"a poor customer service"

Not Verified | I bought a ticket to go to Ibiza by myself. I asked on Instagram how to get one more seat for my daughter and they explained that I would have to buy two new ones and they would refund me the old one I bought. When I tried to verify this via email they told me I could not get any money back as there was no cancellation from the airline (glad I asked first). After they told me they could add an extra seat for me, when I confirm I needed it another person is telling me they can’t do that I would need to get two new tickets. They then offered me to get a voucher, I asked for the voucher and somebody else told me I can’t get a voucher as there has not been any cancellation. The day of the flight arrived and I could not take the flight not get my money back due to not having the last email responded anymore. Very bad service with a poor customer service and no able to do their job accordingly
RouteGranada to Ibiza
Date FlownAugust 2020

"charged me 30 Euros to check in"

Trip Verified | I didnt think twice about the airline for a 50 minutes flight, not bothered about a short trip like this but at check in charged me 30 Euros to check in, as stated on the airline's website.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownAugust 2020

"they still didn't refund me"

Trip Verified | I bought a flight 2 flights with Volotea one from Nantes To Palma for 88 euros and the other from Palma to Bordeaux. A little before the second flight they cancel it, so i had to buy an another one close to my trip and pay the double of the price, and they still didn't refund me. The first one they changed the timetables of the flights after weeks that I bought and planned my whole trip. The flight that was supposed to be on Friday in the evening, so that I can work during the day and get to the airport, was transferred for the morning. Not only do I now need to miss work but all my logistics have changed now that I need to book a hotel to get to the morning flight on time. Also, they put this flight on their site for a price of 43 euros, almost half what I paid. I called the company to get at least the difference of prices or if they can get me a compensation for my charges that their sudden change provoke, and they told me they can't do it anything. Even tho I was polite and calm trying to explain my situation, the server was rude, impatient and not helpful at all. Never again. I end up spending way more because they can't keep a flight at the day and time that we customers bought. Ps: I just received my THIRD alteration!
RouteNantes to Palma
Date FlownJuly 2020

"will never book with them again"

Trip Verified | The flight was cancelled already in March. Since then I am trying to get a refund, but instead I get “thank you for your patience” whenever I contact them about it. Zero in customer service, will never book with them again.
RouteRhodes to Athens
Date FlownApril 2020

"30 euros to print my ticket"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I got very disappointed with Volotea, that I travelled for the 1st and last time. Their system did not work for online check in for the whole day before my flight so when i got at the airport to check in at their desk, they informed that i had to pay 30 euros to print my ticket. They will charge you extra money for no reason. And if you try to request a refund, as i did, they will refuse to give you a refund.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownJune 2020

"they do not want to refund us"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | We got canceled flight by the airline and they do not want to refund us, although in their policy is written "If the flight gets canceled by our airline, you can get a refund, voucher or change of date". Their Customer Service is the worst, they never reply, they are not competent enough and you have to wait more than a week to receive reply for an email. There is no other way than to sue them to receive a refund. Horrible experience, I do not recommend to fly with this airline!
RoutePrague to Cagliari
Date FlownJune 2020

"flight compensation claim was raised"

Trip Verified | My flight from Madrid to Nantes on 1st July 2019 was delayed more than 8 hours due to technical fault of the plane. No care or help provided on the ground as per EU Regulation 261/2004. Delayed flight compensation claim was raised on the 11/07/2019 and till now no money or explanation given by Volotea why they are refusing to issue the payment. Customer service is simply non existent.
RouteMadrid to Nantes
Date FlownJuly 2019

"terms and conditions for refund"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Kidding people with fake flights. Initially I have booked and paid (a sufficient amount of money) for a combo plus flight from Athens to Rhodes on 24th April. As coronavirus situation was widespread worldwide the flight was cancelled. I received a voucher for that and I rebooked a flight for the 10th of May. Unfortunately this flight was cancelled as well and the other options for the same company are only for the 29th and the 31st of May. Do you assume that all people travelling to Rhodes are tourists? As it's not my responsibility I have the legitimate to take my money back. Your terms and conditions for refund only in case of death or accident are ridiculous.
RouteAthens to Rhodes
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"A very costly mistake"

Not Verified | Athens to Mykonos. Ripped me off! Overbooked the flight. I was left stranded in Athens. It cost me a new flight and a nights stay in Athens. When I asked for a certificate to give to my own insurance company to reimburse these costs, I was completely ignored for almost a year before giving up. Do not fly with Volotea!! A very costly mistake.
RouteAthens to Mykonos