Volotea

"Avoid at all costs!"

Trip Verified | Avoid at all costs! My flight was on April 2020 and it was canceled due to COVID. So what they did to take my money is, give me online credit that expired in April 2021 I'm not able to use it. And when I plan to use it, I find it expired! Why would my money be expired on me!
RouteLyon to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I never got my money back!"

Trip Verified | They moved / cancelled my flights 3 times until I decided to request a refund. And I never got my money back! Try talking to them, it is impossible over phone or chat. Buyer beware! once they take your money, you're at their mercy and they just don't care.
RoutePalermo to Naples

"We had a nice flight"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Very comfortable seats, airplane was very clean and the hostesses were welcoming. The fare was very reasonable (we booked the same day we travelled) and the flight left on schedule and arrived on time. We had a nice flight which compensated us for the bad Venice airport experience.
RouteVenice to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"pay another 120 euros at check-in"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I do not like Volotea. My friend and I bought air tickets from Athens to Heraklion there and back for 200 euros and had to pay another 120 euros at check-in! They're crazy! It is better to fly with proven airlines.
RouteHeraqlion to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"I didn't expect them to be so fair after reviews I had read before"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket Athens-Mykonos, paid at night time (this probably influenced the timing of getting the e-mail with confirmation of the booking. I waited for it 6 hours ), thought it’s not going to come because the departure was the next day, I decided not to take the risk and bought a completely new ticket with another airline, meanwhile in the morning came the long-awaited letter from Volotea. I contacted the Volotea support, after a hard conversation, the company returned the money for the spent ticket to my account, in 2 days. Thank you Volotea. Honestly I didn't expect them to be so fair after reviews I had read before.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownAugust 2021

"the crew calm, professional and courteous"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Although we experienced a delay of about 40 minutes (pilot explained it was due to the sheer number of flights around Marseille on their way back to Ajaccio), the boarding was fairly smooth, the crew calm, professional and courteous. Volotea offers a very simple menu to purchase from. As priority passengers, we had a choice of a mere free chocolate bar that we had to request. No drinks. I would like to acknowledge Volotea is one of the rare airlines to have sent an email to apologise for the delay. That is appreciated and for that reason I will recommend them for short journeys. Ps: Note we traveled 1st week of August, one of the busiest week of the year for tourism in Corsica and therefore we paid a premium price that is probably not justified.
RouteAjaccio to Toulouse

"the worst company ever"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I unfortunately flew twice with this company, they are the only one providing a direct connection Prague/Cagliari. I used their services 3 times and 2 it was on the top worse experience I have ever had in my life with an airline. The first time their website didn't work, I couldn't do the check in online and at the airport they asked me for money to do the check in in there (even though I couldn't do it myself online due to problem with their website). I claimed the money and they didn't even reply, ever. The second was 2 days ago. I was supposed to fly at 21:44pm. They sent me twice (at 19 and then at 21) a message saying that my flight was delayed. When I arrived to the airport for the check in I found out the flight was overbooked and there was no room for me. It's already disappointing that you made me buy the tickets even thought there were no seats available, however I know it can happen, but really why you kept sending me messages saying the flight was delayed if you already knew I wasn't going to board! Why did you make me go to the airport in the first place? During the late evening! It's the worst company ever! Avoid at any cost!
RoutePrague to Cagliari
Date FlownAugust 2021

"not book a flight with Volotea ever again"

(Greece)

Not Verified | The flight time changed and we had to fly 6 hours later than the flight time we had booked for. We contacted the customer service and they didn't even give us a voucher for food and drinks. The staff on the phone was very rude. The aircraft was small and noisy and dirty, which is unacceptable especially during a pandemic. I would not book a flight with Volotea ever again.
RouteThessaloniki to Heraklion
Date FlownAugust 2021

"flight was well organized from start to finish"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The flight was well organized from start to finish. Boarding started at the scheduled time and just 20 minutes later we were all in the cabin. The flight was complete. The seats are wide and clean. The staff are always attentive. The plane was quiet and both take-off and landing we hardly knew. We arrive 15 minutes before the indicated time. Volotea prices are very cheap specially if if you buy them in advance. It is a company without luxuries but within excellent value for money.
RouteAsturias to Malaga
Date FlownJuly 2021

"advice against flying with the"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Worst airline experience I ever have. They will change your ticket dates and times multiple times (like they did to us 3 times) without asking or any notification. Due to that fact we have bought multiple boat tickets and payed extra costs on airbnb. Also their customer service is very bad. Honestly, this company is one level above scammers. They don't treat their customers with respect and I advice against flying with them
RouteThessaloniki to Mykonos