Volotea

"uninterested crew on board"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Naples. This was by the far worst flight experience I have ever endured. For starters the check in experience/the airport at Santorini is horrific, no signs indicating where to go and what to do etc. Despite the airport not being up to date our worst experience came in form of the "service" or rather lack of provided by the uninterested crew on board this flight. The flight staff were very rude and had no interest in doing their job. They took forever to get the paid food and beverage menu started on this flight and then conveniently skipped half the aircraft. We thought this would be a fairly priced flights till we ended up having to pay an additional 110 euros for luggage and seats.
RouteSantorini to Naples
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Really good flight"

Trip Verified | Santorini to Athens. Surprised. Really good flight. I read all the bad reviews after booking (did an airline safety search before booking but forgot customer satisfaction) and was expecting the worst. No issues at all.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2018

"confirming fitness to fly"

Trip Verified | Figari to Strasbourg. The airline website says you need a "medical certificate confirming fitness to fly" from the 28-35 week of pregnancy - what is perfectly fine. But in the airplane - the certificate provided - they force the women to sign a document that releases the company and it's partners from any kind of liabilities in every case! (Not just concerning the pregnancy) There is nothing about this in their conditions of carriage and its not right to do this - I don't know if it would hold anything in court. I guess if you don't sign, they refuse to transport. But as we were already in the air they could just make pressure with "we'll have to tell the captain". Never sign anything you don't want to, and let nobody force you to do so or put pressure on you
RouteFigari to Strasbourg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Very poor value"

Trip Verified | Athens to Santorini. Very poor value! They charged us 70 euros for one extra bag which weighed under 10 kilos. Poor staff, rude, useless. Take any other airline if you can.
RouteAthens to Santorini

"was easy and efficient"

Not Verified | We flew from Naples to Palermo with Volotea and it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Everything from the booking, to the smooth flight itself was easy and efficient. We had printed off our own boarding passes prior to the flight and deliberately kept our luggage within 20k. I carefully read all the paper work multiple times (inc small print) so was aware of the extra charges that we would incur if we hadn’t done these things. Volotea sent emails weekly reminding me of this too. All budget airlines operate in this way, and it’s how they reap back some of the money you save on flights. They are not the only ones! We were on the plane on time and after a little bit of a delay (airports fault not Volotea’s) we were up and away, landing on time in Palermo! Thank you Volotea for proving me wrong and I hope my feedback reassures other first time flyers with you. Everyone needs to remember to read their documentation before travel and that delays are often not due to the airline alone!
RouteNaples to Palermo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"absolutely value for money"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Genoa. The flight was on time, boarding and de-boarding were made through an air bridge, and seat comfortable. Absolutely value for money! This airline is very underestimated-people must acknowledge that when they fly with low cost airlines must be very careful with their rules, for example checking in online or that their luggage meet the dimensions asked.
RouteAthens to Genoa

"avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Athens to Thira. Avoid this airline at all costs! I've flown a lot and this was the worst experience and worst company I've ever had to deal with. They cancelled our flight super last minute when everyone was already at the airport. Then, they wouldn't help anyone find any other flights and when we called customer service they said word for word "We can't help you you'll have to call back tomorrow". Now, fast forward 2 months and I'm still chasing them down for my refund! What an absolute joke and total scam. I will never fly this airline and I'll be sure to spread the word as much as possible and tell others to avoid it at all costs as well.
RouteAthens to Thira
Date FlownMay 2018

"delayed for hours in a day"

Trip Verified | Mykonos to Athens. Delayed for hours in a day, no information and lost my connecting flight. Even if they offered me free tickets, I would rather pay and receive the service that is expected in this day and age.
RouteMykonos to Athens

"7 hours of delay"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Heraklion. After 7 hours of delay, they informed us that the flight was cancelled due to weather conditions. Strange when you see 10 seater aircrafts flying normally. But anyway regular airlines offer 2 options to their customers if their flight has been cancelled: 1) refund 2) schedule a new flight a bit later. Their options were not even options: 1) travel via ferry boat and arrive to our destination with a 2 days delay. 2) travel with the next available Volotea flight which was 2 days later and 3) refund only our ticket but in reality we paid much more. So it will be better to consider what real airlines do, otherwise Volotea please leave Greece. You are not welcomed here! Thank you for ruining my vacations!
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | The flight from Athens to Santorini was normal and organised with quick check-in and luggage holding process. We traveled around Europe with our normal size hard case cabin luggages, which was accepted to put on hold for free with all other airlines, as well and with Volotea flight from Athens to Santorini. However, the return flight from Santorini to Athens was chaotic, with disorganised boarding procedures and they made us paid for excess luggage nearly to the end of the boarding process. We had to quickly ran outside to pay for the fines and went through security again, which almost made us missed the flight. It is absurd that they accepted our luggage earlier but made us pay fines on our way back! The two luggage were exactly the same sizes as they were. Although they did let several backpackers took out their belongings and gave to their friends just in order to stuff their backpack into the measuring box. There were plenty cabin spaces on the airplane as well, which has made us feel even more frustrated that we had to pay €120 unreasonably. We tried to contact the airline but still has no replied from them. Would not recommend this airline to anyone unless you want to ruin your holiday last minute.
RouteAthens to Santorini