Volotea

"Will never book a flight on this airline ever"

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed for 4 hours, told that there is a technical problem with the aircraft so the flight will resumed from 7.20am to 5.00pm, we were also told that if we need to get to our destination for connection we can book to another airline to catch our flight, they won't be able to deal with refunds on the ground and told to call customer service to file. We book another flight after the announcement as we don't want to be stuck in the Island for another day and we also miss our connection flight already in Athens. The only thing they did is givd us a €5 snack card. We paid extra for our carry on luggage as the sizing cage they use is smaller than the standard, and yes no refund as well on that! They will charge you for baggage if your luggage is a standard acceptable size that airlines normally accept, that is how they scam passengers! Though this bad experience it cost us €700 to reach our final destination. They did not refund us, they kept the money as if the delay was caused by the passenger! I read another passengers review for the flight they lost from Volotea on Sept 2019 and it was the same scenerio we encountered, they probably doing this as a business practice or they just really use poor aircrafts. Will never book a flight on this airline ever.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This was the worst situation"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Alicante to Venice. They overbooked our flight, and instead of being helpful, the staff were rude and unprofessional. We were 5 people to be overbooked on the flight. They are refusing to reimburse the alternative flight i had to buy. I had heard they are famous for these kinds of issues, but i decided to give a it a try, and i feel like i was scammed. This was the worst situation i have ever had for a flight.
RouteAlicante to Venice
Date FlownNovember 2019

"We were pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Athens to Mykonos. We took 10 separate flights in 16 days and of all the flights this was the one I was expecting to be the worst based on the reviews I had read. We were however pleasantly surprised. Service at the gate was okay (although we boarded by bus and the priority boarding I had bought and paid for meant nothing, don't buy it .. its a rip off). Flight was on time, flight attendants relatively attentive, seats were okay. Deplaning went okay. Nothing spectacular but not the bad experience I was expecting.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Terminal changed at last minute"

(China)

Trip Verified | We travelled from Athens to Santorini on Sep. 26th. We checked in and waited at the terminal. Terminal changed at last minute without clear notice. We was told only while we were about to board. We ran to changed terminal, flight had not yet departed, but staff refused to send us over due to too much troubles. We had to buy new tickets and arrived at hotel late. A clear terminal change notice should be air company's duty, Volotea didn't do their job properly and wasted our time and money. We also saw two groups of people occurred the issues as us. They complained they could not hear clear notice too. We required compensation for our financial lost, but Volotea just refused it and didn't bother to keep communicating with us. We do not know where we can complain and sort out our issues if we meet an airline just ignore us by stopping communication. How Volotea respond passengers definitely damaged the image of Greece.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"very pleasantly surprised with the airline"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Madrid to Nantes and back for a weekend break. Both planes were second hand A-319 aged +15 yrs (checked via aircraft registration number). Flight from Madrid was delayed for approx 45 minutes. Return flight was on time. Despite of the fact of the delay, I am very pleasantly surprised with the airline. It was my first time using it and I I had read some not too good reviews. Seats are very comfortable and with good legroom (much better than the subpar Iberia and better than Ryanair). They have a relaxed cabin luggage policy, which is something I appreciate (compared to the no sense Ryanair) and cabin crew isn’t intrusive at all as they allow the passengers to relax during the flight without trying to sell you all possible things. Moreover the price for the return ticket was extremely competitive. In short, I will fly again Volotea.
RouteMadrid to Nantes
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the price was excellent"

Trip Verified | Lyon to Cagliari. The flight was on time and the service was as expected. No complaints and the price was excellent. Perfectly adequate for a low cost airline. The Euro 5.00 to purchase an extra 10kg luggage allowance was very reasonable. We purchased the Combo plus package that provided checked baggage, priority boarding, basic snack and booking flexibility. Very worthwhile.
RouteLyon to Cagliari

"gave me wrong info"

Not Verified | Athens to Heraklion. The agents gave me wrong info on the flex plan, and don’t even know the rules and regulations of their airline so I got some misinformation from two of their staff members and ended up having to spend approx $630US dollars because their staff doesn’t know what they are doing. When I brought that to their attention and tried to get refunds they blamed everything on me and told me their staff may have been wrong but it’s not their problem. They won’t let you talk to a supervisor and they are the rudest and ignorant people I have ever dealt with.
RouteAthens to Heraklion
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"very pleasant and on time flight"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Preveza to Naples. Had a very pleasant and on time flight with Volotea. The thing that did not work was e-check in. We were two in this booking and attempted to do online check in the day before the flight, only to continuously get the notification that e-check in was not available and that we should proceed to the counter for traditional check in. We were a bit worried, because when this happened to me in the past it was due to overbooking (with other airlines). Volotea also states in their terms and conditions that e-check in is compulsory and failure to do so would incur charges. Anyway, on the counter we got emergency seats, we were seated together and they also offered to check in our hand luggage. So, apart from lining up it was pretty good and smooth. Other than that, it was typical low cost service, although well organized, neat and timely. Flight was about 90% full, almost entirely of Italian holiday travelers. Aktion airport was also small and nice and I enjoyed this flight.
RoutePreveza to Naples
Date FlownAugust 2019

"seats in the low cost standard"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Cagliari to Verona. Good flight, seats in the low cost standards but better than the Ryanair ones. Also they don't try to sell you everything they have, in fact if you want something you have to go and ask them. Flight with a bit of turbulence but quiet. buon volo,sedili negli standard delle low coast ma migliori di quelli ryanair. inoltre non cercano di venderti tutto quello che hanno anzi se vuoi qualcosa glielo devi andare a chiedere. volo con un pò di turbolenze ma tranquillo.
AircraftA319-100
RouteCagliari to Verona
Date FlownMay 2019

"delay of more than 6 hours"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Santorini to Athens. Worst airline ever with delay of more than 6 hours that ruined our whole schedule for that day. Wasted almost a day for the the route from Santorini to Athens which should have been just an hour. No proper explanation was made and were only given some voucher for food during the wait time. Such a waste of time.
RouteSantorini to Athens