Volotea

"terms and conditions for refund"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Kidding people with fake flights. Initially I have booked and paid (a sufficient amount of money) for a combo plus flight from Athens to Rhodes on 24th April. As coronavirus situation was widespread worldwide the flight was cancelled. I received a voucher for that and I rebooked a flight for the 10th of May. Unfortunately this flight was cancelled as well and the other options for the same company are only for the 29th and the 31st of May. Do you assume that all people travelling to Rhodes are tourists? As it's not my responsibility I have the legitimate to take my money back. Your terms and conditions for refund only in case of death or accident are ridiculous.
RouteAthens to Rhodes
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"A very costly mistake"

Not Verified | Athens to Mykonos. Ripped me off! Overbooked the flight. I was left stranded in Athens. It cost me a new flight and a nights stay in Athens. When I asked for a certificate to give to my own insurance company to reimburse these costs, I was completely ignored for almost a year before giving up. Do not fly with Volotea!! A very costly mistake.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not trust this airline again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Nice. We booked with Volotea about 3 months ahead for flights from Malaga to Nice to return one week later. We then booked our hotel in Nice and about 1 month before we travelled we got an email from Volotea to say the flight dates had now been changed by 2 days either way which was was very inconvenient as I had arranged my holiday dates at work. I then contacted the hotel and they would not accept us to change our dates without additional costs and therefore we finished up having to pay another 400 euros for extra nights and as we were arriving 2 days late we were not refunded for the hotel nights we did not use. I would not trust this airline again and having read the reviews it seems that there are lots of unsatisfied customers so BEWARE.
RouteMalaga to Nice
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"we did not check in online"

Trip Verified | We arrived early to check in counter for our flight from Santorini back to Athens. To our surprise check in agent told us we were being charged 30 euros each for three people in our party because we did not check in online at least two hours before flight and we didn’t come with printed boarding passes. This is the first time we were charged for not having boarding passes already printed with us。
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will never book a flight on this airline ever"

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed for 4 hours, told that there is a technical problem with the aircraft so the flight will resumed from 7.20am to 5.00pm, we were also told that if we need to get to our destination for connection we can book to another airline to catch our flight, they won't be able to deal with refunds on the ground and told to call customer service to file. We book another flight after the announcement as we don't want to be stuck in the Island for another day and we also miss our connection flight already in Athens. The only thing they did is givd us a €5 snack card. We paid extra for our carry on luggage as the sizing cage they use is smaller than the standard, and yes no refund as well on that! They will charge you for baggage if your luggage is a standard acceptable size that airlines normally accept, that is how they scam passengers! Though this bad experience it cost us €700 to reach our final destination. They did not refund us, they kept the money as if the delay was caused by the passenger! I read another passengers review for the flight they lost from Volotea on Sept 2019 and it was the same scenerio we encountered, they probably doing this as a business practice or they just really use poor aircrafts. Will never book a flight on this airline ever.
RouteSantorini to Athens
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This was the worst situation"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Alicante to Venice. They overbooked our flight, and instead of being helpful, the staff were rude and unprofessional. We were 5 people to be overbooked on the flight. They are refusing to reimburse the alternative flight i had to buy. I had heard they are famous for these kinds of issues, but i decided to give a it a try, and i feel like i was scammed. This was the worst situation i have ever had for a flight.
RouteAlicante to Venice
Date FlownNovember 2019

"We were pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | Athens to Mykonos. We took 10 separate flights in 16 days and of all the flights this was the one I was expecting to be the worst based on the reviews I had read. We were however pleasantly surprised. Service at the gate was okay (although we boarded by bus and the priority boarding I had bought and paid for meant nothing, don't buy it .. its a rip off). Flight was on time, flight attendants relatively attentive, seats were okay. Deplaning went okay. Nothing spectacular but not the bad experience I was expecting.
RouteAthens to Mykonos
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Terminal changed at last minute"

(China)

Trip Verified | We travelled from Athens to Santorini on Sep. 26th. We checked in and waited at the terminal. Terminal changed at last minute without clear notice. We was told only while we were about to board. We ran to changed terminal, flight had not yet departed, but staff refused to send us over due to too much troubles. We had to buy new tickets and arrived at hotel late. A clear terminal change notice should be air company's duty, Volotea didn't do their job properly and wasted our time and money. We also saw two groups of people occurred the issues as us. They complained they could not hear clear notice too. We required compensation for our financial lost, but Volotea just refused it and didn't bother to keep communicating with us. We do not know where we can complain and sort out our issues if we meet an airline just ignore us by stopping communication. How Volotea respond passengers definitely damaged the image of Greece.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"very pleasantly surprised with the airline"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Madrid to Nantes and back for a weekend break. Both planes were second hand A-319 aged +15 yrs (checked via aircraft registration number). Flight from Madrid was delayed for approx 45 minutes. Return flight was on time. Despite of the fact of the delay, I am very pleasantly surprised with the airline. It was my first time using it and I I had read some not too good reviews. Seats are very comfortable and with good legroom (much better than the subpar Iberia and better than Ryanair). They have a relaxed cabin luggage policy, which is something I appreciate (compared to the no sense Ryanair) and cabin crew isn’t intrusive at all as they allow the passengers to relax during the flight without trying to sell you all possible things. Moreover the price for the return ticket was extremely competitive. In short, I will fly again Volotea.
RouteMadrid to Nantes
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the price was excellent"

Trip Verified | Lyon to Cagliari. The flight was on time and the service was as expected. No complaints and the price was excellent. Perfectly adequate for a low cost airline. The Euro 5.00 to purchase an extra 10kg luggage allowance was very reasonable. We purchased the Combo plus package that provided checked baggage, priority boarding, basic snack and booking flexibility. Very worthwhile.
RouteLyon to Cagliari