Volaris

"never given me a refund"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guadalaraja via Cancun. They cancelled my flight and have never given me a refund! I feel abused. We save up so much money to try to go on holiday and they have the cheek to take it all away from us.
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalaraja via Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Can't get through to them"

Not Verified | Ciudad Juarez to Cancun. We were going to cross into Mexico at Juarez and board a plane there to fly to Cancun on April 16, 2020. The border has been closed. Volaris refuses to allow me to cancel my flight. They sent me an email stating that I could change my flight at no charge, but on their website they now claim that there are no available flights. They are just going to keep over $1,000. Can't get through to them by phone, they keep hanging up on me while I wait on hold.
RouteCiudad Juarez to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"A nightmare of an airline"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Los Angeles. Very cramped space in Economy. Staff is polite, but everything about this airline screams cheap. I always print my own boarding pass if I can, but the fact that they charge a service fee for this blows my mind. Even a soft drink on board has a charge. If you need to check a bag and you want to reserve a seat, you aren't really saving any money by the time you pay extra for everything. Might as well pay 5-10 bucks more and get a little leg room. The gate area in LAX was inadequate. They require you to be at the gate about 45 minutes early, but there are barely enough seats in the gate area for 25% of the booked passengers. The day I flew many of the passengers were elderly. No wonder so many of the pax requested wheelchairs. It's that or stand for 45 minutes or more. Foolishly, I made a 2nd reservation to fly to MIA in April, before I had taken my first trip with them. The schedule I booked was a X'n through MEX that was reasonable. They have since changed their schedule, and the only alternatives require 10 hour layovers, all day in LAS followed by a red-eye flight to MIA, or overnight in ORD with a flight that gets me to MIA too late the following day. I am trying to book another flight online, rather than lose the money, but now I can't see my reservation on their website, which recommends that I call Customer service, a very inappropriate department name. I have tried to call repeatedly over the last 2 days. So far, I've gotten to be #2 in the queue one time, I always get disconnected after 5-6 minutes on hold listening to the same line promoting their app over & over. (Hope it works better than their online site and their FB messenger which can only address the simplest questions with "canned" answers.) Obviously their Customer Service is woefully understaffed. A nightmare of an airline.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"would never recommend"

Not Verified | Sacramento to Cancun. With all this Coronavirus stuff going on we tried to reschedule our trip and Volaris would not let us. We wanted a refund or credit for a future trip and Volaris would not accommodate us in any way. We tried for 4 days to reach them on the phone and we could not get threw to them on phone. Every time we called it kept hanging up on us. I would never recommend this airline to anyone!
RouteSacramento to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"caused my family and I to miss our plane"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Los Angeles. Upon departure, approximately 30 minutes prior to the flight I was instructed by a representative of Volaris to go to immigration for a missing immigration form, which I found absurd due to the fact that upon my arrival at Mexico City Airport this form was never mentioned by the immigration representative. When I expressed this to the Volaris representative she tried to wash her hands by stating well you must have arrived initially by bus and it is a different process. I informed her I arrived initially by plane as I had purchased a round trip ticket for my family and I with Volaris. In order to comply with the Volaris representative, I walked to the other end of the airport took an escalator downstairs to immigration received the form the representative was asking for. I asked the immigration representative why was I informed of this form being needed 30 minutes before departure. The immigration representative stated he cannot speak for the airline but it is known fact in the airline industry that Volaris sells more seats than they have available. According to the same representative, Volaris is famous for wasting clients time, providing little to no instruction, and hoping forms are needed so passengers that were sold tickets for seats that were already occupied could have a seat. Anyways, next I attempted to return to my wife and son who were waiting for me at the gate for the plane. Security would not let me return back to the gate without a copy of my boarding pass. The representative for Volaris at the gate did not instruct me to take my boarding pass with me to immigration nor did she inform me I would be unable to return to the gate without it. As a result, I walked to the Volaris service area before the TSA screening and spoke with staff. I informed him I need a copy of my boarding pass so I can return to the gate where my wife and son are waiting and so we can board the plane. He printed a receipt out that looked like a grocery store receipt, I took that to security to return to the gate and they told me that was not a boarding pass and I would not be able to return to the gate. The lack of direction from the Volaris representative at the gate failing to inform me I would need to bring my boarding pass to return to that area, as well as the same representative waiting until last minute to check documents for immigration for all passengers. Additionally, Volaris representative providing me the incorrect document to return to the gate caused my family and I to miss our plane. Because they do not understand how to do their job properly and wasted my time (my family and I were waiting for our plane since 5pm even though the plane was to depart at 8:16pm) my family and I had to stay another night in Mexico City which resulted in a hotel bill, expenses for my wife missing work, and expenses to Volaris to change our missed flight to the following day due to their incompetence and lack of knowledge for the airline industry. Volaris has ruined our vacation, we just want to go home at this point.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

" lost my flight, my money"

Trip Verified | Miami to Guadalajara. Requested a change in flight or cancellation of flight upon the COVID-19 outbreak. Flight scheduled on 3/19/20 but talk of closing borders was all over the news. On 3/20/20, the US closed the borders to all non essential travelers. I lost my flight, my money, and trip never occurred. $563 down the Volaris Drain! Hate them for keeping my hard earned money. Hope they go out of business.
RouteMiami to Guadalajara
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not fulfilling that promise"

Trip Verified | Denver to Mexico City. Volaris has promised to help people cancelling their flight because of coronavirus, but they're not fulfilling that promise. I've tried Twitter, Facebook, email, and phone. Nothing.
RouteDenver to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"unable to change our flights"

Trip Verified | Sacramento to Cancun. My spouse and I are both Active Duty Air Force and had a leave planned to Mexico with tickets through Volaris Airlines. The Secretary of Defense banned all non-essential travel and thus our plans were cancelled. We were hoping to receive a refund for our flight. We called the number listed online upwards of twenty times and each and every time the Volaris Airlines ends the call without speaking. We tried calling the new reservations line and of course a representative answered but then immediately hung up as soon as we mentioned we already had a booked flight. We went to the Volaris Airline counter at our local airport (SMF) and spoke to the station manager. She was rude and refused to identify her self (she covered her badge when I asked her to identify herself) or provide us with contact information for anyone that may be able to help us. Although my spouse and I were calm and not animated she called the Sheriffs working at the airport, who informed us that it was common for Volaris Airlines to call security to get rid of customers who were dissatisfied. They also obtained her name and indicated all airport employees are required to wear and display identification. My spouse and I are unable to change our flights as she is deploying July and has pre-deployment training in June. I work as a nurse at David Grant Medical Center and am considered essential personnel and have been denied leave until further notice. Based on our experience with the Volaris Airlines SMF station manager we both feel that Volaris Airlines does not respect their customers enough to ensure their safety and are unwilling to use their services. Volaris Airlines should be accountable to their customers. If they provide phone and email contacts they are responsible for responding when their customers have concerns.
RouteSacramento to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"stay away from this company"

Trip Verified | Terrible company! I was checked-in and seated on a plane from San Jose, Costa Rica to Mexico. Just when the doors were about to close, they decided to pull all Europeans off the aeroplane. Due to the coronavirus, they did not allow Europeans in their aeroplane as Mexico would deny entry (as they claimed). This was a lie and Mexico had no travel restrictions (17th of March). I arrived with another airline the day after and there were absolutely no problems with entering the country. Volaris denied Europeans a flight for which we paid a lot of money and lied to us. No refunds are given. Stay away from this company!
RouteSan Jose to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charging outrages fees to change"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to San Salvador. I have a trip scheduled with Volaris to El Salvador. The president from that country has shut down the airport completely and not allowing entry from any airlines. I called Volaris and they are charging outrages fees to change the flight! It is not fair. I did not ask for the airport to shut down let alone the pandemic! They are taking advantage of the customers and you either pay the change fee or you lose your ticket! This is the first and last time I booked through them! I should have booked through Avianca who is not charging a dime to change flights and are more considerate! Please help us! We are in a crisis and we should not add Volaris to our stress plate
RouteLos Angeles to San Salvador