Volaris

"did not take responsibility"

Trip Verified | Volaris flight 5631 Cancun to Guadalajara was 55 minutes late leaving Cancun. We arrived in Guadalajara 35 minutes late and by the time my wife and I got our luggage from the belt and ran to our connecting flight it was almost an hour. We lost out connecting flight because the crew was getting ready to close the aircraft. I was told at the counter if we had arrived at least 20 to 25 minutes earlier we would of made the flight with Aeromexico. Volaris did not take responsibility for their delay and when asked to book us on one of their flights to Sacramento the customer service rep wanted $900 cash for two tickets the next day. Told the rep I did not have $900 cash on me, but would pay with credit card to which he responded "we can't take credit cards". We walked away with the feeling this airline rep was about to pocket some money along with his supervisor who was advising him. I ended up getting on that same flight on their own website and for less than $900 and paid with a credit card. I filed a complaint with Volaris and staff ignored the cash request from their rep and did not take responsibility for their delay nor tried to comp us for a future flight. What he did say was that according to their records the flight was late only 27 minutes and we should of not booked a connecting flight within 90 minutes from each other.
RouteCancun to Guadalajara
Date FlownApril 2019

"look like their depressed"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Los Angeles. I expect the flight attendants on their best service because as a customer we are paying for all this. My flight was round trip with volaris. The flight attendants dont smile it looks like their unhappy with their job, they look like their depressed. I don’t think this type of crew members should be on an aircraft. I was very dissatisfied of how they treat customers .
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2019

"had to pay 100$ per bag"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Cuidad Juarez. I Bought Tickets through travolocity. In my email verification it shows baggage will be 50$. Getting to counter I was told I had to pay 100$ per bag cause I didn't purchase baggage in advance I'm talking about checked baggage. I spoke to 3 different staff before I could speak with a manager. Who didn't care to see my email and prices listed. The plane ride was very hot. No beverage or snacks where giving on flight.
RouteTijuana to Cuidad Juarez
Date FlownMarch 2019

"never use their services again"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Oakland. Tried to change my flight online, was getting charged for a checked bag even though I had already paid for a checked bag, so I called the number provided to verify what I was being charged for. When I called the number I was asked to participate in survey after the call. After the call there was no survey. The lady I spoke to was rude and not very helpful. She refused to tell me why I was getting charged for an extra bag ($37 dollars and some change). I told her I could change my flight online and kept insisting that I was not able to do so online even though I had the option to do so in front on me. She said that information was wrong and not to trust it. Made no sense. The flight change online was charging me $137 with some change while she offered $113 and some change so I ended up giving in. Horrible service! Volaris just tries to sell you pointless services you wont use, or be able to use. Will never use their services again.
RouteMexico City to Oakland
Date FlownApril 2019

"seats worn and uncomfortable"

Not Verified | I had just hand baggage and checked in online. I had minimal contact with Volaris staff. However, on all 4 flights I took, the seats looked worn and were the most uncomfortable I have ever travelled on on any airline in my 30 years flying experience. And that includes flying on former Soviet era Tupelov spy planes converted to passenger carriers. Volaris was, for me, a great low cost carrier but it doesn't take much to give customers a comfortable ride. Please fix this.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2019

"was the worst experience"

Trip Verified | This was the worst experience I have had on an airline. They were rude and unprofessional towards us. Volaris employees treated everyone (all Mexican) far better than us on our trip from Loreto to Tijuana. During check-in, even though I told the counter person that I did not want to check my small carry on bag he told me I "had to" check it - even though everyone else in front of us and behind us in line got to take their carry-on onto the plane. My bag was small and not heavy, there was no reason to have checked my bag. Also, they would not seat my husband and I together on the plane even though everyone else got to sit with their spouses or friends. The counter man was beyond rude to us. He was not that way when he was checking in others. The staff on the plane were not that much better. Luckily on our trip down to our house in Loreto was on Calafia. They were very professional, respectful, nice, didn't treat us different from anyone else on that plane like Volaris did. Calafia let me carry on my small bag, they seated my husband and I together and were extremely nice and very professional.
RouteTijuana to Loreto

"refusing to refund me"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Ontario. Selling services that are not being rendered. Stay away go with another airline. I upgraded my seat and paid the difference. When I went to go check in they had sold my seat and sat me in the back row. I requested my money back and they are refusing to refund me. It was their mistake and they are stating that it’s against their policy to refund any money even if it’s their mistake.
RouteGuadalajara to Ontario
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Do not use this airline"

Not Verified | Guadalajara to Dallas Ft Worth. Before I traveled to Mexico, I purchased my baggage for $100 round trip, and when coming back they charged me $75 dollars for 2 extra pounds. How ridiculous! I paid because I had a new born that was very impatient about the wait. Our flight was also delayed by 4 hours and the staff rushed us when leaving the airport. I called customer service to get an explanation of the huge charge and they had me on hold for 40 minutes. Do not use this airline. There tickets may be cheap but that is because they steal money in other ways.
RouteGuadalajara to Dallas Ft Worth

"Just horrible service!"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | We went to the machines to print out boarding pass at the Puerto Vallarta airport, the machine told us to ask a Volaris agent for help. We stood in the baggage check in lines (even though we didn’t have a check in bag) and finally the agent said we had to pay 10 dollars (200 pesos) for her to print our boarding pass. What kind of airlines charges to print boarding passes! That should be part of the flight ticket, not everyone has internet to do an online checkin 24 hours before the flight. Just horrible service!
RoutePuerto Vallerta to Monterrey

"All elementswere horrendous"

Trip Verified | Regret not taking the terrible reviews seriously. All elements of our journey were horrendous - the check in process was just an absolute mess, queues made no sense and the employee responsible didn’t have a clue. We paid for extra luggage for 4 passengers, were under weight by 10 kilos on one yet over 3 kilos for another suitcase but they refused to let us redistribute the weight and charged us £65. Their customer service claim it’s their company policy which is rubbish because we saw other passengers changing their weight around at the check in desk so may be it’s because we didn’t speak Spanish, can’t think of anything else it could be. We were shouted at by the only employee who spoke English at the check in counters and then shouted again at the gate when we spoke to the “supervisor”. Just an absolutely humiliating, frustrating ordeal. If you can, fly with Interjet or Avianca - we had no issues with them, free drinks and snack and lovely staff who actually smiled. Me and my family have used countless airlines between us and this was by far the worst experience we’ve had. I never write reviews but really had to express how terrible they were so leaving a review wherever I can.
RouteCancun to Guatemala City