Volaris

"reliable low cost airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Huatulco. Volaris is an excellent and reliable low cost airline. Check in and baggage checking were quick and efficient. The aircraft was new and the flight crew was attentive. The flight left early and arrived early.
RouteChicago to Huatulco

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Dallas Ft Worth. Worst customer service I have had the displeasure to receive. Kicked my family member out of an exit row seat paid extra for months in advance, didn't need to check a bag but had to wait a full hour in that huge line be given a separated single seat at back of plane and told gate agents would need to help, gate agents did nothing to help, in fact after another hour of being mostly ignored by them was told there was nothing they could do - and "I" could contact Volaris upon my return to be given a voucher to compensate for the extra fee I'd previously paid for the one family member they separated to a back row seat! When on the plane we discovered the seat was given to someone that did not purchase seats in advance together but wanted to sit closer together. From now on I am definitely spending a little more to fly American Airlines and recommend you do the same!
RouteGuadalajara to Dallas Ft Worth

"Zero communication"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Los Angeles. Worst airline my husband and I have ever flown with. Leg room is non existent in this aircraft, but the worst thing was feeling how the plane may break down anytime because of how badly kept it was. There was a big turbulence and I noticed the armrest handle breaking while a lady next to me was trying to hold tight. Zero communication from the pilot or flight attendant during heavy turbulence. Rude customer service from checking to landing with absolutely no consideration as to what other languages might some customers speak (US customs forms were handed out in Spanish only). Never again!
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles

"worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Orlando to Guadalajara via Kissimmee. Not even worth the price, worst airline I've ever been in. Extremely rude costumer service. They wouldn't help with anything and had to throw some items away. Never in my life will I be boarding with this airline. Not even worth the price and worst experience ever.
RouteOrlando to Guadalajara via Kissimmee
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not worth the savings"

Not Verified | Avoid this airline at all costs even if you have to pay a little more, the aggregation is not worth the savings. In two occasions I used this Airline first time they tried to charged extra money because I was 1.5 hours at the counter and not 2 hours. Yesterday they overbooked the flight from Guadalajara to LAX and moved me and my family to a later flight or the other option was to send us to another airport 1.5 hours drive from LAX where my car was parked. They did not give us any options to stay in the booked flight they forced us into two options. Horrible company.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"6 weeks to get reimbursement"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Culiacan. My daughter (minor) was flying by herself, they charged her for 1 bag because their sytem showed incorrectly, which we noticed 1 day prior, we called to check on it and we where told it was fixed already, but at the airport they still charged my daughter for it, even though she asked them to check in the notes as we had previously "fixed" such issue but they refused to do so and advice her to leave her bag or pay, of course she paid for it. In our first call to ask for our reimbursement they acknowledged it was a mistake but still took over 15 calls and Over 6 weeks to get the reimbursement but they did a wire transfer which i had to pay for, when it was their mistake 100%!! Worse company ever.
RouteTijuana to Culiacan
Date FlownJuly 2018

"last time I fly on this airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Mexico City. Never again, Volaris excuses everything on process and others. There’s zero accountability, from changing flight dates and time to swapping aisle and boarding time just few minutes at the airport. Staff is just not qualified to perform a decent job, last time I fly on this airline even if the tickets are free!
RouteSan Francisco to Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"taking my money elsewhere"

(Cayman Islands)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Miami. I called to call centre today to add extra baggage to my flight. Apparently my flight from Mexico City to Miami on 2th September was cancelled due to some operational malfunction as quoted by customer representative. This wasn’t communicated as the booking was done through other website so no mail was send. I kept checking on volaris website until yesterday and there were no signs of cancellation shown in my trips. I explained to him about my connecting flight to grand cayman from Miami that day and asked for alternative flight options. Below are 3 options given 1: fly either on 16th or 23rd. If I wanted to fly any of those days, I would have bought tickets for those days and not 20th. 2: alternative flight to Orlando on 20th ..that too connection through Chicago anyways I would have not reached Miami in time for my next flight. when asked about how to reach Miami .. the gentleman said I would have to take care of that expenses and he would give 1500 pesos voucher for future volaris travels i.e 79 dollars for both passengers in total. After this incident, I don’t think I will travel anytime with volaris again. And how can a alternative flight be to a different location than the destination. 3: when asked if they can get us on any other company flights; which they cannot and the last option provided - refund of the money back to agency which almost comes to ticket price for one at this current time as it is too near to travel date. One thing that I didn’t understand is when u cancel the flights due to ur own reasons; why do the customers like me have to suffer ?? Why the alternatives provided is not even close to satisfactory.?? I don’t know if this message will make any ifference; but one thing for sure I am taking my money elsewhere to spend next time I want to fly in Mexico .
RouteMexico City to Miami
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"suggest to do your homework"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Guadalajara. I have flown with this airline 6 times and only 1 bad experience. My bad experience was my first time flying with them. I had purchased specific seats for the flight but because it wasn’t a booked flight they said they needed to even out the weight on the plane so the attendant at the gate moved our seats. I told him I had paid for these seats so he said he would put a note in the system and if I called the airlines customer service 800# they’d refund me my money I paid for the seats. I called customer service and basically the guy lied to me about the note. Whatever! - lesson learned don’t pay for specific seats just let the system choose them for you and you don’t have to pay. The on board airplane staff is always nice and courteous. They have sandwiches and snacks that are not overpriced on board. They will have people at the gate sometimes asking if you want to check in your carry-on free of charge because there’s no room in the overhead compartments. They have an app I use every time that is very convenient. You don’t need to print a boarding pass because the app has it on there, simply take a screenshot just in case your phone fails to load at the airport. Check in on the app before hand and purchase any add ons like luggage, extra weight to luggage or special seating ahead of time before you check in so they don’t charge you heavy fees for doing it at the airport. I learned how to work with them and for a low cost flight I don’t mind flying with them. The only terrible thing about them is their customer service at the 800#. I learned you don’t really get anywhere with them so don’t use their airline if your plans are susceptible to change. I suggest to do your homework, check in ahead of time and be at airport at least 2 hours early to be safe of any overbooked flights and so you can check in your Bags. Make sure your luggage doesn’t weigh over the limit. Check in using the app and save a screenshot of your confirmation # plus boarding passes. Overall my experiences with booking flights with this airline using the app and flying from the Tijuana airport to Guadalajara and back again haven't been terrible. I Will continue to fly this airline within Mexico.
RouteTijuana to Guadalajara

Volaris customer review

Trip Verified | Los Cabos to Tijuana. Ok en primera ves que me pasa esto y no creo k este permit to que una aerolinea ke es la de volaris revenda los voletos de avion ke ya estan bandidos y no te kieran dar un rembolso de tu dinero mi ayudar con nada make te disen k compre el stan by pero si se comprar todos los bolanos de avion tu tequedes otraves sin vuelo eso es un abuso al cliente a vista de todo el mundo y muy mala reputation para su aerolinea volaris ya se me voi a encargar de segur los procedimientos ke se davan hacer para no le vuelva a pasar a nadie mas porke yo no fuy el unico ke le isieron eso otros señores ya pusieron su queja a donde coresponde y al igual seguiremos los procedimientos del clientele grasias por aserle perder mas dinero de lo devido
RouteLos Cabos to Tijuana