Volaris

"Worst airline I ever used"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I ever used. They ask money for printing the boarding pass. Girl at checking helpdesk was playing with her phone and got annoyed I asked her help. The flight was over 3 hours late, but no notification on the screens, and no compensation for my extra taxi costs.
RouteMexico City to Tuxtla
Date FlownMay 2022

"$80 dollars each for our carryon"

Trip Verified | We checked in a bag and paid for it($40) it had some tequila and I put cartons to protect them. We had 1 carryon each adult and at the counter they never said that we needed to check those in. At the moment of boarding they charged us $80 dollars each for our carryon. I could have put in my carryon inside the big check in suitcase and pay $40 to document the other one. Instead they made us pay $160 more at the time of boarding. They were rude and even yelled at my husband.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2022

"Disappointed is an understatement"

Not Verified | Ok where to start: they canceled and rescheduled our flight with zero notice. Thankfully my mom wanted to check in the bags early and realized they had changed our flight the day of. Then they charged $110 for the first luggage and $150 for the second. The app graciously only charged $75 for the first. (Delta only charged us $40) then we get not even a complimentary water for our 5 hour flight. Everything is for sale. And when we finally landed, it took the pilot 20 minutes to drive the plane to the port. Disappointed is an understatement. We were disgusted. Oh, and we didn’t even get to sit together. They placed my 92 year-old grandma, my mom and I all in different seats.
RouteEl Salvador to New York JFK
Date FlownApril 2022

"The worst airline ever booked with!"

Trip Verified | Hopeless airline! Do not use. Our flight going out was cancelled and we only found out on the morning of the flight! For our return flight, we arrived at the airport to be told they had overbooked the flight by 30 people! Yes, thirty! Therefore we’re told we could be driven to another airport 3 hours away or wait to get on a flight 2 days later. They confirmed that they had found out the day before but decided not to tell us! The worst airline ever booked with!
RouteMexico City to Puerto Escondido
Date FlownMay 2022

"Very disappointed with this airline"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with this airline. We had our flight booked for Cancun to Portland from 2pm - 9pm on the 28th with a short layover in Guadalajara. To start, our first flight from Cancun was delayed 40 minutes, making us late to Guadalajara and our flight to Portland had already left before we arrived. The flight attendants did not know how to help us in the slightest, we were re-directed to several different employees all over the airport before finally being directed back to the main lobby and had to wait in line just to speak with the check in staff. When we were finally seen, the employee accused us of missing our flight and when we explained that it is was not our fault he told us the only available flight was the following day at 9:30am and that we would have to pay for an additional Covid-19 test before he could provide us with the boarding passes. I won't even get into how terrible the process was to get the test done. After, we returned to the check in desk for our boarding passes and had to wait 40 minutes before being seen again. A different employee helped us this second time and again insisted it was our fault that our flight was missed, this person barely spoke English and had to translate through text (which was fine, as long as we got through) however, he kept walking away from the desk to ask a coworker questions and obviously was having trouble getting our flight figured out. Once he was finally able to do so we were told that we would not be able to check our luggage in until the following morning, mind you this at 7pm. So in addition to having to wait 14 hours for our flight home we were not permitted into the departure area we had to wait in the airport entrance in a Burger King lobby until the following morning. We got up early to make sure we were ahead of the line and even the at 3am the Volaris check in was packed of people and it still took us an hour to get checked in. Overall very disappointed in the service of this airline and will not be recommending or using it in the future. In fact we will very likely be discouraging others from booking with this airline.
RouteCancun to Portland via Guadalajara
Date FlownApril 2022

"Everyone at Volaris has been extremely rude"

Not Verified | On Friday 04/29 I dropped my parents off at CBX for their trip to finally see their parents after this awful pandemic. Per CBX they recommend arriving 2-3 hours prior to your flight. So, they arrived more than 2 hours before their flight at 12:55 AM. They checked their baggage, went through security and everything was running smooth until arriving to the gate on time. At their gate they were told they missed their flight. Mind you this is not just two passengers; 40 passengers did not make it onto this flight. Every single Volaris employee had a different excuse as to what the issue was and answered very entitled and rude to any questions. Volaris attempted to rapidly re-book people onto other flights to anu city in Mexico, (because this was a Volaris issue) however, their offer was to Leave Sunday night and return Monday morning…. (literally just land and get on the flight back). Obviously, that was not an option so this morning we are attempting to at least get credit for another flight If not a refund. We spoke to Jasmine who passed us onto her supervisor who hung up on us. We have not been hostile or rude to anyone and as VIP members of Volaris I cannot believe this is happening. Everyone at Volaris has been extremely rude. To top it off after being told they could not board the plane and had to return home, CBX would not allow them to return without paying for a new crossing ticket, which was already pre-paid on the returning flight but did not count as a valid ticket. I need an explanation.
RouteTijuana to Leon
Date FlownApril 2022

"the worst airport customer service"

Trip Verified | Volaris has the worst airport customer service I have ever experienced. Our family had to wait one hour and a half in line just to check our bags (we were in the customer with special needs because we had a baby and we were unable to print our boarding passes at the kiosk). I understand the special needs line can take longer for obvious reasons; however, they only had two counters helping customers and at some points they only had one (because the personnel was in and out). It seems like Volaris staff don't care about the time people stand in line; they seem apathetic, and also understaffed. Once we got to the counter, the lady was helpful, but at first I thought she might send us back to the end of the line because we didn't have our boarding passes. Luckily that didn't happen because I told her we already had been in line for an hour and a half and we were going to miss our flight if we did that. Once we got passed the check-in counter and onto security, that was another ordeal. The person checking the boarding passes said the stroller had to go through a different line. It was so confusing and frustrating because then another lady told us only one person can go through the stroller line and that the rest of the family had to go through the regular line. I didn't know what to do, and then the lady said "or you can all try going through the same line but you will be sent back". She was completely rude when she said that. We decided to take the risk of being sent back, and then we saw an entire family walk past us with a stroller and a baby and they were not sent back! Once we go passed security everything was fine. Additionally, I don't like how Volaris charges for everything, even for carry-on bags when other airlines don't do that. The checked-in bags were $80/each which is way too high compared to other airlines that charge $45-65.
RouteGuadalajara to San Jose
Date FlownApril 2022

"we still didn't get non-stop flights"

Not Verified | If you are a planner, in the sense that you want to know your departing date, arrival date, departure date and arrival date, do not fly Volaris. I originally had my ideal flights of nonstop departures and arrivals and they arbitrarily changed both of them on me. There is very limited communication you have to do with them, WhatsApp chat or a Facebook chat. If you use the whatssap or Facebook chat know it will take you at least 2 days to get what you need. They respond every 4 hours to your messages so be sure to put all the info into your messages every time you respond. I got a message in Spanish after 4 hours and it took me another 4 to get an English person on Chat. It will take you a day to resolve their arbitrary flight change they imposed on you. We only booked this way because of the the non-stop flights, but after all said and done, we still didn't get non-stop flights. They do not issue refunds or any sort of reasonable compensation and zero recourse since they are not USA compliant.
RouteSan Diego to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I was left stranded at the airport"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Flight was changed from boarding gate at supposedly 7:30 pm according to desk clerk, I was checked in at 8:02 and they provided me with the incorrect gate. Missed the flight they did not want to put me on the next plane without charging me a supposed penalty fee. Once I got back to the desk to pay the penalty fee and get the next flight they now they said I had only 30 minutes to do so and wanted to charge me the full amount of another ticket. Not only that then I asked for them to cancel my flight back and they said they couldn't that service was only online. Went online and it said i couldn't because the date had already passed today is 4/13 the flight was 4/17. After not bein able to I tried to change the ticket and now they wanted to charge me a full ticket once more. These people are horrible. I was left stranded at the airport at 1:30 am with no option and no money. Will never ever fly this airline in my life and will recommend for others to no do so either.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2022

"this is how our system works"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | My friends bought flights to come visit me. Volaris boasts of having cheaper flights but you have to pay for your seat and either have to pay for an upgraded ticket if you want baggage OR pay for your carrying on and checked baggage. If you have to cancel your flight (due to COVID for instance, which is what happened to my friends), they only give you vouchers for the flight costs (not seat, not baggage, not taxes, so you lose all that money). If you bought a round trip, they split the money you paid into one voucher for your flight to the location and one voucher for your flight back from the location so that they are equal amounts. When you go to buy your new flights (that you have to purchase within 90 days), you have to buy the flight there separately from the flight back. This means that if your flight there is more expensive than your voucher, you have to pay the difference (so my friends have to pay over 100$ extra each for a family of three for their flight to Mexico). If your flight back is cheaper than your voucher, you lose all of that money (which for my friends is more than 100$). So they are losing over $300 more in addition to their seat and baggage and having to pay over $300 dollars more! When you call to talk to the people they basically say "this is how our system works." When you ask for a higher up they take your number.
RouteChicago to Mexico City