Volaris

"stated that nothing could be done"

Not Verified | Chicago to Leon. The website stated that if I checked in with a person at the ticket counter I would be asked a fee but that if you used there mobile app it would be free. I had no luggage so this was fine with me. I got to the airport 2 hours before and as I waited in the huge TSA security line, checked in via there mobile app on my phone, there app had some issues, so I was unable to retrive my boarding pass. Showed TSA agent what I had and he instructed me to go back to the ticket counter, after waiting im line for an hr, I approached a Volaris worker walking past TSA and informed them of the problem. She stated that she would radio over to the boarding gate and to run to the Volaris ticket counter which I did. Upon arrival to the ticket counter staff stated that nothing could be done, that it was to late to print me a boarding pass, that that all sales were final. The only thing she could do was to get me another flight to a different state and that i would have to pay a penalty fee on top of the fare difference. Long story short, I ended up missing my fathers funeral because of Volaris and still had to fight with my credit card to fight the charges which after a lot of back and forth with Volaris was able to finally get my money back from my CC even though Volaris refused.
RouteChicago to Leon
Date FlownApril 2019

"will never ever fly with Volaris"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. We were supposed to go from Guadalajara to San Jose. We arrived more than 2 hours and they made us wait all that time in long lines. We registered our luggage, go to another long line to go thru the checking point we were finally done after waiting in lines for more than to hour we go to board our plane they tell us that we are late. This happened to a bunch of people at least 18 or more. We got together to talk to a supervisor to tell them what they are doing is not right, it was useless he said we had to go thru the line again to catch another flight and to some people they were charging them for another plane ticket. We will never ever fly with Volaris again, we will rather pay little extra then have the same experience.
RouteGuadalajara to San Jose

"The worst service"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Cancun to Mexico City. The worst service, the lack of information from anybody working for the airline. They cancelled the flight 2h before, offered the tickets for the flight 9h later which was accepted. But obviously, the flight got delayed too, after 9h at the airport. And nobody was capable of answering any questions either apologizing for the situation. Nobody seemed to care at all about connected flights and the delay ended up to be over an hour which made it impossible for us to make on time for our next flights to Europe and the US.
RouteCancun to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Carry on limited at 10 kilos"

Trip Verified | Chihuahua to Mexico. Carry on limited at 10 kilos? I carried total 12 kilos with my carry on and small backpack, they insist I have to pay $400 peso, it’s not about money, most business trips prefer carry on, not checked in. at least 10 people were stopped for paying, rep insist pay or don’t get on. T
RouteChihuahua to Mexico
Date FlownAugust 2019

"didn't reimburse our flight"

Not Verified | My husband and I took a flight from Cancun to Phoenix with a layover in Guadalajara. The layover was about 2 hours long, during which time we were sitting near the gate. There were no employees at the desk until 2:30 when the flight was supposed to start boarding at 2:19. At that time lines began to form and the employees began checking everyone's passports. When they got to us they told us that we had to go get a form stamped. We quickly made our way to the booth to get a form stamped and then ran back, only to find that the door had already been closed. This was at 2:50 and the flight wasn't supposed to leave until 3:05. We were not the only people in the exact same situation. There were 5 other people at the desk who had also been told to go get their paper stamped and who had also returned before departure time only to find that they had already closed the door on us knowing that we were all on our way. They could have waited just 5 minutes more and it would have given us all time to get on the plane. So the summarize, they showed up late to start the boarding pass, they sent at least 7 people running to get a form stamped, and knowing that we were all on our way they closed the door 15 minutes early. One lady who missed the plane was left behind as they let her family board but didn't wait for her! And worse of all, they didn't offer any sympathy at all. They didn't reimburse our flight, not even just a portion of it. They didn't offer us a spot on the next flight, not even a discount on the flight that left the next day. They didn't offer us vouchers for a hotel since the next flight didn't leave until the next day or anything. This wasn't just one or two people who they knowingly left behind, it was at least 7 and one of the passengers was separated from her family who was able to get on that plane! We continued to complain to them and all they offered us was $50 each towards a future flight with them, but they gained nearly $900 dollars by refusing to let us on the plane and making us pay full price for the next tickets. And the irony of it all is that they claim to be the "most punctual airline in Mexico" but the next flight we took with them to get home was nearly an hour late.
RouteCancun to Guadalajara via Phoenix
Date FlownJuly 2019

"They canceled my flight"

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Mexico City. They simply suck. They canceled my flight without any notification on my email. When I was about to catch my flight the front desk guy told me (in a very rude way to me and my fiance) that they do not have on my reservation; my big luggage, (Checked Baggage.) Therefore, I have to pay $70 dlls per each baggage, because they gave me a "reward" of "70 dlls" to only use with them in 90 days. What? They are so stupid, they do not understood my frustration that my flight got canceled for the wedding of my sister. They just do not care and they do not resolve my problem. Now I have a flight back with them and I hope, really hope, that I do not have so many problems with them again. This is the first and the last time that I'm flying with a garbage company like them. Simplemente apestan. Cancelaron mi vuelo sin ninguna notificación en mi correo electrónico. Cuando estaba a punto de tomar mi vuelo, el chico de recepción me dijo (de una manera muy grosera para mí y mi prometido) que no tenían en mi reserva; mi equipaje grande, (equipaje facturado). Por lo tanto, tengo que pagar $ 70 dlls por cada equipaje, porque me dieron una "recompensa" de "70 dlls" para usar solo con ellos en 90 días. ¿Qué? Son tan estúpidos, no entienden mi frustración que mi vuelo fue cancelado para la boda de mi hermana. Simplemente no les importa y no resuelven mi problema. Ahora tengo un vuelo de regreso con ellos y espero, realmente espero, no tener tantos problemas con ellos nuevamente. Esta es la primera y la ÚLTIMA VEZ que vuelo con una compañía de basura como ellos.
RouteLas Vegas to Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Volaris canceled my flight"

Not Verified | Flying back from Mexico City Volaris canceled my flight and didn't notify me. At the airport they said it was my fault not theirs that I was stranded the agent said "because my Volaris colleague attempted to contact you and couldn't". They took no responsibility and offered no assistance, hotel, voucher, possible other flights, etc. The agent was rude and arrogant, This is not an airline you should travel with.
RouteMexico City to Seattle

"prices are not cheap"

Not Verified | I flew with Volaris from Guadalajara to New York. The flight was delayed and they did not mention anything until we were on the plane waiting for an hour. Then they said they were waiting for 20 more passengers to get to GDL from Mexico City. 2 hours waiting inside the aircraft. They did not let us get off the plane to get something to eat. I had kids that were flying with me that were hungry and I couldn't give them anything. They also promised to give us all $100 voucher which til this date I have not received at all. I am very upset with this airline on top of all this the prices are not cheap. They have been raising their prices on the luggage which is ridiculous $109 for one suitcase for a round trip.
RouteGuadalajara to New York

"Nothing was organized"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Cancún via Guadalajara. I’ve travelled to over 50 countries and this airline was by far the worst I have ever been on. By far. Nothing was organized from the moment we got in line at the LAX airport. The airline has a young staff that do not know anything about organizing lines or explaining to customers where to go. The flight itself was extremely uncomfortable. No leg room. Flight home was infested with mosquitoes flying all over the passengers. On the way to Cancun we were told to pick up our bags and give them to the next flight. There was absolutely no direction or sign as to where to take them. We ended up having to carry them on the flight ourselves. Flight attendants again were bad at explaining anything. Flight was delayed by two hours with no explanation. Overall miserable experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Cancún via Guadalajara
Date FlownJuly 2019

"assistance was greatly appreciated"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Guadalajara. This was my first time flying with Volaris. The check in and boarding process at the Tiajuana Airport was a mess and took forever. It felt very unorganized. The flight itself was nice. The flight attendants were very helpful. Your seats are not ideal for someone 6'3" and up like myself. During the flight I began to feel lots a pain in my knees and legs. I called for assistance and staff moved me to more comfortable seat. Their assistance was greatly appreciated. They should be commended for their customer service. I flew on flight KF1P9U on July 1, 2019.
RouteTijuana to Guadalajara