Volaris

"ground staff were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful"

Not Verified | I have travelled extensively and by far had the worst experience with the Volaris ground staff at the boarding gate at Guatemala City. My wife and I were pulled out of the boarding line on the premise of checking our passports and covid documents. When everyone had boarded the flight we were then informed that we had to pay for our hand luggage. When I explained that I had already paid extra at the time of the booking and showed them the evidence they insisted that unless we paid an additional $118 USD we would not be allowed to board the plane. As we had a long haul connection the same day I reluctantly made the payment. The ground staff were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful and I will never use this airline again. I am making this review as a clear warning to others who may be considering flying with Volaris.
RouteGuatemala City to San Jose, Costa Rica
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Terrible airline in all the ways"

Trip Verified | Don't waste your time or money. The continued struggle for Volaris to have good customer service is real. You may be saving money compared to other airlines but they will switch and cancel your flights. Not offer you a refund, at best is a credit. This is the 2nd time I've had issues and many other times my friends and family have had the same issues. Terrible airline in all the ways.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The personnel are not friendly"

Not Verified | The personnel are not friendly, they don't offer even a glass of water without payment so forget about the peanuts. The aircrafts need maintenance, when you take off the seat back support moves like you are reclining, some seats are already reclined so you can do nothing and they want you to move it to a vertical position. Others like mine you need to manually bring it back to a vertical position because the bottom is broken. While some airlines charge $30 dollars for the first checked in bag, they charge $49.61 and service of the ticketing agents is not nice or polite. I will not recommend flying through this airline at all.
RouteMexico City to Houston
Date FlownOctober 2021

"they have no regard for time"

Trip Verified | I guess you really do get what you pay for! They are disorganized, long check in wait times, they have no regard for time, they are delayed without giving explanation and are often rude rather than apologetic!
RouteMexico City to Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2021

"do not give an explanation of the delay"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | In this airline the delay of two hours is standard, they do not give an explanation of the delay, that is if they notify a few minutes before going to the airport that the flight is delayed, without indicating for how long. Let's not talk about their prices to check suitcases ... the tickets are not even cheap. En esta aerolínea el retraso de dos horas es estándar, no dan explicación del retraso, eso si avisan unos minutos antes de ir al aeropuerto que el vuelo está retrasado, sin indicar por cuánto tiempo. No hablemos de sus precios para facturar maletas… los billetes no son ni económicos.
RouteCancún to Oaxaca
Date FlownOctober 2021

"totally damaged my New luggage"

Trip Verified | Just had the last straw with this airline. In my last trip, they totally damaged my New luggage piece and refused to reimburse me for it. You judge what they determined to be a minor dame of regular luggage handling.
RouteChicago to Morelia
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Volaris is beyond incompetent"

Trip Verified | I recently booked a flight with three friends on Volaris from Tijuana to Loreto, Mexico for a fishing trip. Volaris recommended that we arrive 2 hours early. We arrived 3 hours early. We had bags to check and after going through security and immigration we still had an hour and a half before we flew. We got in line to check our bags. Volaris had very few people checking bags. The ones that were working were moving extremely slowly with no regard for people missing their flight. As the line progressed very slowly we became concerned that we were going to miss our flight. I voiced my concerns in Spanish to the girl working for Volaris twice and she just said to be patient as she allowed several passengers to go in front of us. Finally when we were allowed to go to the check in, the attendant said the baggage check was closed for our flight and we would have to carry on our luggage/fishing gear. We went to check in our carryon luggage and the Volaris security girl opened our bags and started removing items that she said couldn’t be carried on. She called over another employee and removed the following items from my carryon bag, fishing lures, all hooks, all sinkers, pliers and all three of my expensive fishing reels. She allowed a very sharp fillet knife to stay in the bag with no problem. She put these items in a tray and was going to keep them. By this time our gate was closed and we were going to miss our flight. I grabbed my stuff for her and out it back in my bag. We ended up getting a taxi in Mexico, bringing all of our luggage back through US customs and over the border and taking another taxi to the parking lot. I ended up driving the 700 miles into Mexico to Loreto as a result of their complete and utter disregard for their passenger’s welfare. Volaris is beyond incompetent. We spoke to other fishermen in Loreto that had the same experience with Volaris. They had very expensive fishing tackle seized and confiscated by Volaris employees or missed their flights like us. Every fisherman that we spoke to about Volaris said they would never fly with them again. One couple said they saw a wedding party leaving Tijuana who had all missed their flight and the wedding because of Volaris horrible service. After arriving in Loreto I tried to cancel my return flight for credit. They wouldn’t’ even give credit for the canceled flight. I’ve been on hundreds of flights with numerous airlines having traveled to 42 countries. I’m a very experienced traveler and Volaris is the worst airline I’ve ever flown on.
RouteTijuana to Loreto
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with"

Not Verified | Volaris is by far the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with and complete scammers. 1) They claim a change was made for something that was never paid for, but somehow claim it went through. 2) Never received confirmation of the said change, but was expected to somehow know that a change occurred, yet I didn't pay for it. 3) Once I asked, look it's simple honor our reservation it can all be solved, both to the customer service rep and his supervisors, both were very rude. After giving them plenty of time to speak they still kept being completely disrespectful. I warn you do not fly this airline
RouteLos Angeles to Oaxaca
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"a complete waste of time for us and them"

Trip Verified | This airline is cheap, but that is the last thing good you can say about it. I fly with them frequently, but will not again. My wife and I were to fly from TJ to Loreto, only because there are not may airlines that do. Our anniversary trip. The night before, our teenage son who was to stay home, had a brain injury and needed 48 hour supervision. Not life threatening or anything, but we could not go on our anniversary as to watch him. Called Volaris, and of course they said we "can't" do anything. I used to book 30-40 flights a year with them for business and travel. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them only to hear that the people on the line have no power to do anything. So a complete waste of time for us and them. I cannot believe this business will be around for long. I don't care how cheap they are. What a joke.
RouteTijuana to Loreto via San Diego
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never fly with Volaris again"

Not Verified | I made a mistake of booking a package with Expedia that include Volaris. After we booked, I finally went and read up on Volaris. I instantly regret booking the trip. Our flight from Houston to Cancun was smooth. So i though okay maybe the review is not that accurate. Boy, did thing change when we fly back. Our flight was at 11:00s from Cancun to Mexico city, then we have an connected flight from there back to Houston. We got to the airport around 9am. Then they announce their flight will be delay. then more announce of more delay. We ask them, with the delay can we still make our connected flight. They like Oh, you are flying to Houston? We were like yes we are. The rep, said come with me! We were like what is going on. She then said you will miss your connected flight (in my mind, so you know about us missing out flight but never call for us?). She offer us to rebook our flight, we will yes please. After 30 minutes or so she told us, she can get us back to Houston, but we have to stay in Mexico City over night at the airport. We were like no way we are staying at the airport overnight with Covid. We then search ourself and found Sun Airline have a flight to Houston. We ask the rep, can they book it for us. She said No. We then ask if we book it ourselves, will they Refund it for us. She said she have to ask her "Boss". After a few minutes waiting, we will directed to another stand where we meet her boss. She ask us to wait while she were doing something. Another 30 minutes pass by, we ask what is going on. Boss said just give her some more time. Another 15 minutes went by, still nothing. By now, we were like we need to book our flight with Sun before it sold out. We ask the boss later, can we just book the flight with Sun Country ourselves and they can refund us later. She said yes. She took down our itinerary and said it will be take up to 20 business day for them to refund. . Well it been a month, and never give us the refund. We lost so much that we will never fly with Volaris again.
RouteHouston to Cancun via Mexico City