Volaris

"fairly mediocre airline"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Miami to México City. Volaris is a fairly mediocre airline. The staff is polite but doesn't look with really good charisma. Literally everything in the flight has a really high cost, which makes this "low cost" airline into a bad investment. Having a bottle of water is very expensive, and water should be included in every airline. Also, there is really painful legroom; my knees were being crushed against the seat in front of me. Definitely not worth it
RouteMiami to México City
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"No apology, no refund"

Not Verified | Mexico City to Oaxaxa. Arrived at the airport 2 hours before, as directed. Waited so long to check in my bag that i missed the flight. Volaris blamed me. There wasn't another flight until the next day so had to buy another ticket with another airline. When went to find my (checked in) bag, it wasn't there. No staff at the desk. When found one, he told me it was on carousel 6. It wasn't. Finally saw a staff person wheeling it past. Only found my bag by accident, No apology, no refund. Never again.
RouteMexico City to Oaxaxa
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Hermosillo to Guadalajara. This airline is an absolute joke. We have been using this airline for years with only minor set backs. Small issues happen, that I understand. However when my family has to stand in line to check in for over two hours, and while in line miss our flight, then we are told that they would not be held accountable for it. Even though Volaris canceling multiple flights is what caused the long lines. Their idea of fixing the situation was to have us buy additional tickets for a later flight. So we are now stuck in an airport with two children for an additional six hours. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever come across. As I said I am a reasonable person and truly understand things happen, but when an airline causes and issue, and they refuse assist in correcting the issue, there are no excuses for such horrific treatment. This will be my family and I's last booking on Volaris. To all who read this please take my words to heart. Do yourself and your family the favor of booking your flight with anyone else.
RouteHermosillo to Guadalajara
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I lost the money I paid"

Not Verified | Tijuana to Aguascalientes. Avoid this airline. I thought I got a great deal when I booked a flight with Volaris from TJ to Aguascalientes for $150. I quickly realized it was a mistake. Upon arriving to the airport, 3 hours prior to boarding, I was informed my flight was canceled due to weather. Weather didn’t seem too bad, but okay, now what? They rescheduled everyone for another flight that departed 9 hours later. That flight was subsequently canceled as well. Ironically, other airlines were still flying out to my desired destination and I realized only Volaris was grounding their flights. Volaris had all their customers sleeping at the airport like transients for two days while they schedule and canceled flight after flight. Meanwhile Aeromexico customers walked past and boarded their planes destined for my desired destination (Aguascalientes). I spoke with customer service both on the phone and at the airport. Since they couldn’t provide the service I paid for (a flight to Aguascalientes) I requested a refund so I can book a flight with a different company. It was at this time I was informed by the supervisor that all their employees have a strict order not to refund any money back to their customers. They tried to give me another flight to a different destination. WTF, No! I don’t want another flight! I simply want the flight I paid for and if you can’t deliver the product I agreed to pay for, then why wouldn’t you just give me my money back? I got tired and frustrated of dealing with them. I lost the money I paid. I immediately walked over to an Aeromexico sales rep booth, I paid for another flight which got me where I needed to be three hours later with no problems. I received an email the following day with a $21 voucher to use as credit for my next flight with Volaris. Yeah, no thanks.
RouteTijuana to Aguascalientes
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"do not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Chihuahua. The airport of Tijuana was closed for a few pues due to fog. Yet this snow ball has created a lot of cancellations and delays... I am at the airport for 14hrs and nothing solved yet from the airline. The airline personnel has very poor customer service and are shorthanded. The manager form this airline are completely unprofessional as well as their leadership from the airline. I do not recommend this airline.
RouteTijuana to Chihuahua
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Customer service is awful"

Trip Verified | Colima to Tijuana with Volaris. Customer service is awful! I purchase my father’s ticket 3 to 4 times a year and have never had an issue until today. He was made to pay for extra luggage for a 2lb bag and the worst thing is the treatment he received. He’s elderly and called me in panic mode! When I spoke to the customer service agent in Colima she hung up on me! Not ok and they are awful!
RouteColima to Tijuana
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"customer service is so unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Leon Guanajuato to Chicago. Never will fly with Volaris Airlines: First of all their customer service is so unprofessional, second my fight was delay 7 hours and the staff didn't give an explanation, we call the manager and they never showed up. my flight was at 7 Am got there 3 hours early and couldn't even make to the check point. They left about 20 people from the same flight it was almost 2PM when we finally boarded the plane. I went and told the customer service that my flight was leaving in 1 hour and there answered was the gates are close and we can't let you in. Honestly I think they over book the flights. Is not the first. Honestly I think they scam people, I call customer service and they didn't do anything. Nunca volare con Volaris Aerolinea. Primer su servicio al cliente no es profesional, segundo mi vuelo se atraso 7 horas and los trabajadores no dieron ninguna explicación. llamamos al gerente pero nunca se presento. Mi vuelo era a las 7 de la mañana y llegue 3 horas antes y ni siquiera llegue al point de revision. Dejaron como 20 personas del mismo vuelo eran casi las 2 pm cuando abordamos el avión. Incluso les deje saber cuando a todavía faltaba una hora y me dijeron que ya estaban cerradas las puertas que no podían dejarme pasar. Honestamente creo que sobre venden los boletos. No es la primera ves. Llame pare reclamar mi queja y ni si quiera my ayudaron con eso. No vuelo si quiere tener un buen viaje.
RouteLeon Guanajuato to Chicago

"Terrible experience!"

(Guatemala)

Not Verified | Mexico to Guatemala. Terrible experience! When I was at the door for my destination, my hand luggage was removed even though the superior behaviors were mostly empty, when I arrived at my destination to my surprise they had lost my luggage and I must say that it was because of negligence of the Volaris staff and have taken time to take it. I would not travel on this airline again: late flight, there are no refreshments (not even a glass of water) and they lose luggage. Pésima experiencia! Al estar en la puerta para mi destino, se me fue retirado mi equipaje de mano a pesar de que los comportamientos superiores iban en su mayoría vacíos, al llegar a mi destino para mi sorpresa habían perdido mi equipaje y he de decir que fue a causa de negligencia del personal de Volaris y han tardado tiempo en llevármelo. No volvería a viajar en esta aerolínea: vuelo atrasado, no hay refiregerios (ni siquiera un vaso de agua) y pierden equipaje
RouteMexico to Guatemala
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never fly with Volaris again"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Mexico City. I selected and purchased my seats when I paid for my tickets. They charge you for this, fine no problem. When I printed my boarding pass I noticed the seats were all wrong, the seats were separated and near the front of the plane. I had selected my seats all in a row and in the very back of the plane so I would be right near the bathroom with my 4 children. I asked at boarding why this happened and I wanted to be in the seats I paid for. They said I couldn't be moved because it was a full flight. Ok why did I pay for the seats I wanted then?! She said she would put note in my reservation so I could contact them when I returned. I called and they are telling me they don't know why this happened and I must have selected my seats - no, I know what seats I paid for. When we got in to our incorrect seats there was food on the floor. There is no form of entertainment. No in flight crackers, not even a glass of water. The staff was moody and most were just rude. We fly to Mexico yearly to visit with family and we will never fly with Volaris again!
RouteChicago to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Never going on Volaris again"

Not Verified | Our plane was at a 2 hour delay at the JFK (New York) airport due to the weather. We understand that. But upon our arrival to the destination San Salvador we found out that our luggage had been left behind. The Volaris staff informed us that we would be called on the arrival of our luggage (we had 4 luggage's for each of us). We waited a few days nobody called us. I went all the way to the airport , finding out that our luggage was still at JFK airport and the flight from New York that had came also left those peoples luggage's behind. We came back after a week to reclaim luggage and go home at JFK but we found out that our luggage was sent back to SAL. We hope a respond from the airline sometime soon its almost Christmas! And no luggage!! Never going on Volaris again!
RouteNew York to San Salvador