Volaris

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Tijuana to Acapulco. Horrible experience. Flight was cancelled. Waited 4 hours in disorganized lines to find out would not be compensated for it. Absolutely unacceptable service. Outright theft. No plane ever left the ground for this flight, yet they are unwilling to refund tickets OR give vouchers. Their policy is to rebook within 24 hours and use the new ticket within 30 days. I missed that 24 hour window due to their own lack of organization and customer service hours. And how am I supposed to plan a new trip within the next 24 hours to be used in 30 days with work obligations and other things already planned in life? It's a scam to get the customer to spend more money on more expensive tickets and return flights. Horrible policy. Furthermore, the hours of lines were all due to this policy, as people were trying to schedule new flights within that 24 hour window! They manufactured their own problems at the passenger's expense. Refunds or even just issuing vouchers would be so much more efficient and Volaris would not have angry customers waiting in lines for hours! Horrible business.
RouteTijuana to Acapulco

"service was disrespectful"

Trip Verified | I missed my flight due to a family emergency on a Sunday afternoon. I was dismissed by Volaris representatives in Mexico and told I couldn’t get another plane ticket until Tuesday. Customer service was disrespectful and refused to do anything for me. They made me buy a new ticket (I chose a different airline) and refused to refund me any amount.
RouteLeon to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2019

"bump passengers without compensating"

(Uganda)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Los Angeles. The airline overbook and use false excuses to bump passengers without compensating. We got to airport 2.5 hr ahead. Had to check in with agent because the auto machine kept dating wrong info from our passports. The agent took time to process our data, kept taking on phone (couldn’t understand Spanish) and after printing my boarding pass, said to us there’s some blockage to print my wife’s. We stood an waited while she continued to process other passengers. Then, she told us we had to go to another line to get it printed. We got same treatment there: couldnt print. Finallt we got hold of another agent and she took us to a separate office; after some 15 minutes she came out and told us we missed the flight because they closed the flight an hour ahead of departure and at that precise time, we were about 5 minutes late! She had our info at least 15 minutes earlier. Later we found another couple had exact same experience of delay but were told different reason : the agent said needed to check on payment and disappeared for over 30 minutes!
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2019

"They refused to let me board"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Las Vegas. They refused to let me board and gave no reason why. They told me I needed to go to customer service to get a new flight and customer service said it would cost me $300 and that the next flight wasn't until tomorrow. This is after they had already changed my flight giving me a 10 hour layover in Las Vegas which is unacceptable.
RouteMexico City to Las Vegas

"very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Guadalajara. We’ve flown Volaris at least a half a dozen times (only non-stop to Guadalajara). They are always rude. They always try to charge more money. Their website is the worst in the industry There Club Class is a joke. You have to take a bus after you land in Guadalajara to get to customs so preferred seating does not make any difference. The customer service representatives at the ticket counter make very unprofessional comments about the passengers if they don’t think you speak Spanish. The worst airline I’ve ever traveled on.
RouteSeattle to Guadalajara
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Kafkaeske again"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Mexico City to Miami. Avoid it like the plague. I had to change a flight and after 2 hours on the phone I had to explain that the change I made before (for which i already paid) was made from the same flight to the same flight! The fellow on the phone would not believe me. I forwarded the email I received and then he asked ME to explain that email. "After all this is your email," I explained that I received that email from volaris.com, stated clearly there. Finally he agreed. This was only the last part of a conversation that Kafka should have written. As I write, they are trying to fix this by charging me $390 instead of $327 as a favor. Kafkaeske again. If by mistake you book a flight with this airline. Just let that money go if you value your time and sanity!
RouteMexico City to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2019

"is a decent airline"

Not Verified | Tijuana to Puerto Vallarta. Volaris is a decent airline. On July 2019 I went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta on Volaris. The legroom is decent, the plane is clean, there isn't too many food options, but then again it is a budget airline and the flight wasn't too long.
RouteTijuana to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"stated that nothing could be done"

Not Verified | Chicago to Leon. The website stated that if I checked in with a person at the ticket counter I would be asked a fee but that if you used there mobile app it would be free. I had no luggage so this was fine with me. I got to the airport 2 hours before and as I waited in the huge TSA security line, checked in via there mobile app on my phone, there app had some issues, so I was unable to retrive my boarding pass. Showed TSA agent what I had and he instructed me to go back to the ticket counter, after waiting im line for an hr, I approached a Volaris worker walking past TSA and informed them of the problem. She stated that she would radio over to the boarding gate and to run to the Volaris ticket counter which I did. Upon arrival to the ticket counter staff stated that nothing could be done, that it was to late to print me a boarding pass, that that all sales were final. The only thing she could do was to get me another flight to a different state and that i would have to pay a penalty fee on top of the fare difference. Long story short, I ended up missing my fathers funeral because of Volaris and still had to fight with my credit card to fight the charges which after a lot of back and forth with Volaris was able to finally get my money back from my CC even though Volaris refused.
RouteChicago to Leon
Date FlownApril 2019

"will never ever fly with Volaris"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. We were supposed to go from Guadalajara to San Jose. We arrived more than 2 hours and they made us wait all that time in long lines. We registered our luggage, go to another long line to go thru the checking point we were finally done after waiting in lines for more than to hour we go to board our plane they tell us that we are late. This happened to a bunch of people at least 18 or more. We got together to talk to a supervisor to tell them what they are doing is not right, it was useless he said we had to go thru the line again to catch another flight and to some people they were charging them for another plane ticket. We will never ever fly with Volaris again, we will rather pay little extra then have the same experience.
RouteGuadalajara to San Jose
Date FlownAugust 2019

"The worst service"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Cancun to Mexico City. The worst service, the lack of information from anybody working for the airline. They cancelled the flight 2h before, offered the tickets for the flight 9h later which was accepted. But obviously, the flight got delayed too, after 9h at the airport. And nobody was capable of answering any questions either apologizing for the situation. Nobody seemed to care at all about connected flights and the delay ended up to be over an hour which made it impossible for us to make on time for our next flights to Europe and the US.
RouteCancun to Mexico City