Volaris

"have been spoken to rudely"

Trip Verified | I had a flight scheduled for last year which the airline then cancelled due to Covid-19. I was refused a refund and was instead offered a voucher (which was not even the full amount of the original price of tickets). When I tried to use the voucher to rebook a flight, the voucher code was invalid. I attempted to call the call center multiple times (I was hung up on, ignored, lied to, told that they were unable to transfer me to a supervisor) and was finally told that the vouchers expire 9 days before my new selected flight (even though I was originally told by multiple Volaris employees that the vouchers are good through the end of 2021). Since then, I have reached out to the call center multiple times and have been spoken to rudely, ignored, and lied to yet again. I am out almost $800 now due to the blatant theft by Volaris Airlines. Don't trust them for your travel needs and with your money!
RouteTijuanna to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownJune 2020

"they refused to honor their credit"

Not Verified | The flight was canceled due to covid and I took a credit of $750. When I went to rebook they refused to honor their credit. They said the time ran out. It was good for 6 months and the flying restrictions lasted 12 months . They should have exte3nded the time of the credit to one year. I will never fly with them again
RouteSan Francisco to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2020

"airline is very unprofessional"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. It overbooked the flight, put us on a later flight. By doing that we lost a whole day of our vacation. Every single time I used this airline something bad happened, and it’s always a different thing. Not recommending it to anyone, this airline is very unprofessional.
RouteMexico City to Cancún
Date FlownApril 2021

"charged me $100 to make this change"

Not Verified | I booked a few months ago and recently had to change one of the passengers name as the one originally going to travel became ill. They charged me $100 to make this change. Once I received my confirmation of name change I saw that they also changed my return flight to a day later. Called in to customer service to ask about change and they advised they received information that the original flight was no longer available. They then offered to change my flight to a day later, I asked to speak to a supervisor as I will lose another day of work, was hanged up on 4 times and waited about 3 hrs. on hold. When I finally spoke to a supervisor he was rude, and would not offer any accommodates for something we had no control over.
RouteChicago to Mexico
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the worst travel experience"

Not Verified | If you are thinking of booking with this airline, please be sure there are no other options available. We had bookings confirmed in May. Come a few weeks before our trip, we are getting dozens of emails about our flights, times changing, layovers, everything. We spent hours on the phone, and throughout all these communications no one ever once mentioned or even implied in the slightest “the flight has been canceled”. We drove two hours to go on our trip all for very rude customer service to ultimately tell us no. Meanwhile, they were letting other people board. It was the worst travel experience of my entire life. I will never book again. Do not book unless it is your only option and even then, ask yourself if it’s worth it.
RouteChicago to Guadalajara
Date FlownMarch 2021

"how absolutely disgusting the plane was"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Volaris is absolutely absurd. I paid for carry on bags and when we decided to check our bags in instead, the check in desk representative told us to pay for checked bags and to contact customer service for the reimbursement of the carry on fees. Well, they are refusing to do so even after I showed the below picture of how absolutely disgusting the plane was to Mexico City. It was as if it hadn’t been cleaned in years! That was just from one tray, imagine what the wipe looked like from the seat back and the other tray table. I couldn’t believe it, and the steward just brushed it off as if it wasn’t a big deal. This company has zero customer service.
RouteCancun to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I am very pleased with the change option"

Not Verified | This is about changing tomorrow’s flight. The T&Cs stated there was no requirement for the airline to change my return flights from Feb 2021 to Dec 2021 but after sending several e-mails to the Customer Services Dept I was allowed to amend the flight dates free of charge at the original flights check-in time. I’ve read a lot of bad reviews of Volaris so wanted to point out the positive service I have had today. Yes it was frustrating not to get a response to my e-mails but they have clearly read and acted on them to allow my changes. I am very pleased with the change option which is everything I asked for in my e-mails.
RouteMexico City to Mazatlan
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Really angry with and disappointed in this airline"

Not Verified | Never got to fly Volaris due to covid and what absolutely terrible customer service they have. The pandemic created such a confusing website to navigate and an inability to book new flights, no one was available by phone and the connection kept getting dropped. The customer service finally contacted would have me send weekly emails of which I did - when finally (6 months later able to reach live person) the call center people basically said there was nothing they could do because I agreed to terms and conditions - it was so confusing how to redeem the vouchers and there were no outgoing flights to reschedule to. Really angry with and disappointed in this airline.
RouteLos Angeles to Oaxaca
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I am extremely disappointed with Volaris"

Not Verified | I'm writing this review because I am extremely disappointed with Volaris, do not fly with them because their service is not good. First they charged us for the big luggage which was expected, then they said we had to pay more for the 2 small bags we took aboard with us. This was the first time they charged for small luggage, we had to pay 130 for both of them, it was more expensive then the stuff we had in the little bags. Ridiculous. Another thing is that they didn't even give us food, not one peanut, nor water, they gave us nothing to eat and we were pretty hungry and I'm positive everyone on that plane was too.
RouteSacramento to Guadalajara
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Do not fly using Volaris"

Not Verified | Due to the Pandemic, I had to cancel our Aug 2020 trip last year. They would not give me a refund. I got a voucher to be used in 6 months. I am currently using the voucher because they will not extend the voucher. They do not care about the pandemic, only their account. Customer service is friendly but useless. There is absolutely nothing they can do. I have to pay an additional $111 per tix even after the voucher. This is ridiculous. Do not fly using Volaris. They are a negative rating in my books.
RouteChicago to Mexico City