VivaAerobús

"they never call"

Trip Verified | If you planing to save some bucks by using VivaAerobús let me tell you to think twice. I have 2 pieces of baggage lost for a week from my flight from Guadalajara to Chicago. I have placed multiple phone calls, emails and social media messages and still nothing. All they said is wait for a call and they never call. I suggest you spend more on another airline rather than this garbage. Airplanes are old, most of the time it is delays for technical issues, and now missing baggage. Not even Volaris is this irresponsible.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2020

"worst airline I have ever experienced"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever experienced. The customer service is atrocious. I arrived in plenty of time to board my flight. The online check in service wasn’t working, which staff admitted had been a problem all day, and so I needed to obtain my boarding pass. I waited in this ridiculously long line and arrived with more than an hour until my flight. Customer service told me I could not check in, despite not having checked baggage they continued to tell me I was too late. This is more than hour before my flight leaves.. we continued arguing until 50 mins before my plane would leave and they refused to help me. Told me I could not have a refund but I could purchase a new ticket to leave 2 days later. I had more than enough time to board the plane still and they would not do anything for me. I had to cover the costs of a hotel and a new flight with a different airline the next day costing me hundreds. I emailed in to discuss this with the company and they again just refused to help me. Awful customer service and I will never use them again.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Escondido
Date FlownNovember 2020

"you have to pay overweight"

Trip Verified | We were traveling with just backpacks and handbags at the time of check in we were asked if we check in any luggage for which we were not just personal items as the check in person confirmed then she give us our boarding passes and instructions, but at the time of boarding the plane staff asked me for payment saying that I was having 2 personal items which was my backpack and my funny belt. She asked me to pick one or another or pay for an extra item so politely asked if she can reconsider for what she just ignored me and start calling other passengers. I ask if I can talk to a supervisor she said yes then move aside to talk on the radio then she asked my daughter to insert her backpack in a metal measuring cage which she did with a little trouble for what she said that item will have pay. I try to talk to her showing her fit my daughters backpack in and out she said “if you want your backpack in the plane you have to pay overweight or just lose it”. when superior arrive he was carrying a credit card payment device, I try to explain the situation for what he didn’t let me finish saying here is a copy of the items and dimensions your ticket allowed you to carry. I took my funny belt out of my waist and put it in side my backpack thinking this is so stupid since is going to be inside the plane anyway.
RouteMexico City to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2020

"not respected any kind of social distancing"

Trip Verified | A terrible service, was not respected any kind of social distancing all piled up in rows of three passengers all seats full, incredibly an attack on the health of all passengers, I hope we all leave this flight healthy God help us! Un pésimo servicio no se respetaron ningún tipo de distanciamiento social todos amontonados en filas de tres pasajeros todos los asientos llenos , increíblemente un ataque a la salud de todos los pasajeros, ojalá todos salgamos sanos de este vuelo Dios nos Ayude!!
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalajara

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst airline. They are so desperate for money they charge for everything. I paid for luggage that got checked for weight and got check all the time. They targeted us since we left Cancun I saw the paper they target us we fit everything, they said regarding regulations, and they threaten us that If we didn't pay something they would not let us board. We ended up paying because we didn't want to miss the flight. Horrible customer service.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I basically just wasted my time and money with them"

Trip Verified | I purchased insurance on my flight tickets. My first flight got delayed twice (long story short I was going to have to cancel this flight, because I wasn’t going to make it on time). I kept trying to call to cancel and never got through to anyone. About 2 hours before the flight time (still in time to cancel according to the insurance policies) I sent an email requesting to cancel and get a refund. Customer service kept giving me different excuses of why I couldn’t get a refund or save my flight to be used another time. I sent them all the documents they asked for to show that it was a legit reason, but I basically just wasted my time and money with them.
RouteMexico City to Reynosa
Date FlownOctober 2020

"a deliberate action in order to get money"

Trip Verified | VivaAerobus employees extort money when passengers board the plane. We bought a baby package, which includes priority boarding, a stroller and additional luggage weighing up to 10 kg. Three inspectors on flight VB1016, Mexico City-Cancun, October 18, 2020, tried to prove to me for 20 minutes that the extra baggage is not included and I have to pay for it. It is impossible to imagine that they did not know this, because it is practically the only thing that they should know. Obviously, this is a deliberate action in order to get money. Their aggressive behavior and psychological pressure leads to the passenger not arguing and paying. I had to go to the company's website and find in the rules what is included in this children's package, but how many will do it, being stressed before the flight? After showing them what was included on the airline's website, they hid their badges and evaporated. I hope this is not a deliberate policy of the company and these people will be found.
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Not dependable airline at all"

Not Verified | Not dependable airline at all booked my flight back home a month in advance and when I get to the airport the flight has been canceled with out any warning they state they sent out a. Email and I never received it. I was left stranded in a foreign country with. No help they refuse to offer any other options at the kiosk at the airport other than give me credit for their next available flight which was over a month later so I called the 1800 number and they were just as useless I had to pay 400usd with a different airline for the following day leaving me in the streets over night all because the airline could do nothing or offer any other options the supervisors were just as rude as the workers if not worst. How stressful it was to sleep in the airport floor over night and they could not give a care in the world
RouteGuadalajara to Houston
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not a dependable airline"

Trip Verified | My Husband and I purchased round trip tickets from Monterrey- Tampico- Tampico-Monterrey and I was notified that our return flight was canceled due to the Covid but I had a Choice to take a later flight (next day) but this doesn’t work for us because we’re traveling from the USA into Monterrey and from Monterrey back to the USA on United Airlines we just bought flights to get to where we needed to go in Mexico from Viva Aerobus. When I contacted the airline and explain to them that I had to catch another flight on the 13 back to the USA and I couldn’t take a later flight because I will be missing my other flight and the choices they were offering me will not work for me and that I would like my money back, the woman told me that it was not one of my choices and hung up on me with out any other explanation. I called back and explained everything to the next person again and she told me that I will not be getting my money back and that I should not depend on Viva Aerobus to honor my flights or be able to flight on the day of my reservations. So now I have to find another way to get back to Monterrey (on my dime) so that I can catch my United Airlines back to the USA. I will tell everyone else that a Viva Aerobus representative told me that I should never depend on them to honor my flight because they are not a dependable airline.
RouteMonterrey to Tampico
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Left me stranded in Guadalajara"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever, they overbooked my flight. Left me stranded in Guadalajara. They dont give refunds for the flight, only vouchers. They also wont pay for another ticket on another airline nor a hotel. So here i am sleeping in the airport waiting 6 hours for another flight on another airline. Which cost me more than the whole round trip with VivaAerobús . I understand its cheap but its not worth it.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles