VivaAerobús

"Worst customer service I have received"

Trip Verified | My flight had my maiden name, they cancelled the entire flight instead of helping me with the name change. Then instructed me to repurchase my entire round trip. Their 4 Hour policy did not apply. Worst customer service I have received from an airline. Extremely unprofessional customer service agents
RouteHouston to Guadalajara
Date FlownJune 2021

"goes through several shady practices"

Not Verified | I recently visited Mexico and I didn't have any issue going to my destination. Although the boarding started later than expected at DFW, I wasn't surprised. However, on my way back it was a different story. I arrived at the airport in Monterrey and got my covid test. I went to check in and the representative canceled my flight although I had a negative result without even telling me the trick she had just pulled. However, she advised me to continue to security and I even waited an hour to board, when it was time to board I wasn't allowed to board because the customer service representative had canceled my flight without even notifying me. The representatives didn't know what to say but they said they will give me a ticket for the next flight to my destination. Upon arriving to speak to management, the manager sent me to sales and sales sent me to the same customer representative who canceled my seat. She then proceeded to say I'd be lucky if she could give me a flight for the next day or two. She was beyond unprofessional and rude while continuously laughing at my situation. I decided to not waste my time with them. I had to buy another ticket to my destination and the American Airlines personnel were a delight unlike everyone I had to deal with VivaAerobús. VivaAerobús goes through several shady practices and flying with them is a risk I'm never taking again.
Date FlownJune 2021

"We regretted we didn’t get Aeromexico tickets"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | Firstly the flight was delayed for 5h rs. No announcements were made. We found out about this just accidentally checking the incoming flight on the flight radar. I guess airlines in MX are not obligated to take care of passengers in case of delays, but come on delayed flight for 5hrs, which leaves at 11pm (ATD 3.50 am) and you just say sorry, no food coupons, or at least informing us so we could leave our hotel later for the flight. Our transfer service in Cancun was cancelled because the driver couldn’t pick us up so late. We lost one day in Cancun because we just slept all day after a sleepless night and you just say “sorry”. Very disappointed but that's not all! I guess there were lots of security violations (letting people store their hand luggage in front of them in the first row, somehow safety demo was only in Spanish). Overall, all PA’s were in Spanish, despite lots of English speaking passengers onboard. Crew just chooses to ignore them and speaks only in Spanish. We regretted we didn’t get Aeromexico tickets, and decided to go cheap. That was a lesson for us to learn. Never again!
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownMay 2021

"This is by far the worst airline"

Not Verified | This is by far the worst airline I’ve had the displeasure of flying with. My flight was changed by the airline and they never notified me about it, yet they said because I had purchased the flight through a third party that it was in fact the absence that had changed my flight. Now, I find that hard to believe and think that the airline had overbooked their flight and bumped me off. I get to the airport and explain that I never received any email notification regarding my flight changed and they would not budge. They didn’t even consider putting me on standby and they told me that my only option was to take a 10:40pm flight (I arrived at the airport at 12pm) and I would have to pay the difference which ended up being close to $200. In total, I spent a bunch of money and wasted a ton of time (10 hours to be exact.) The airline is insanely disorganized, flights are always late because they don’t know how to board people on the plane properly and they will charge you for any and every thing. I would run for the hills before flying with this airline again. Not only that, but the customer service agents in the Cancun airport that work for Viva were not willing to help me at all. They really couldn’t give a damn as much as I tried to make my case and showed them evidence on my phone that my flight had been changed without me being notified.
RouteCancun to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2021

"Worst customer service I've ever seen"

Not Verified | Horrific customer service. Apparently their Terms & Conditions state no refunds, but any reasonable airline honors refunds for flight cancellations. I booked a direct flight in June 2021 from La Paz to Monterrey for a Wedding and my flight was canceled (not rescheduled, just canceled). The only other options that day added an additional cost (at least $100+ USD) and anywhere between 8-20 hours of flight/layover time. Obviously, this didn't work, because I was going to a wedding and depending on flight would have booked additional accommodations in another layover city or miss the wedding. Neither of which worked. I called and spoke with the airline and was told no refund. I spoke with an airline supervisor who said the same. I told him the situation and he had zero sympathy and said to feel free to call my bank to dispute but he would not refund. They give you 2 options when they cancel your flight: 1) An electronic flight certificate. 2) Flight change. Neither options worked cause I'd miss a wedding or add 8+hrs to travel (flight originally booked was 2hrs direct, so this wasn't even close to comparable). Worst customer service I've ever seen.
RouteLa Paz to Monterrey

"Worse experience ever"

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Chicago . Do not fly with them just cause it’s cheaper. They make up for it by getting you with every little thing while you are about to board. Worse experience ever. Will never be using them again.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago
Date FlownMay 2021

"horrible and frustrating experience"

Not Verified | Our flight from Mexico City to Oaxaca was cancelled due to an airport shut down in Oaxaca. We didn't learn about this cancellation until we were at the airport, and the agents at the airport were not helpful at all! Instead of giving us all of the information, they wanted to re route our flight to another city that was 7 hours away. I received an email from Viva Aerobus after the flight time communicating the change, as well as providing the option of receiving the full refund in a voucher. However, when I called their customer service they refused to honor this, since "the airline did not cancel the flight." After some debate the agent confirmed that they will be honoring the voucher, he would get the process started and I should be hearing back in the next 24 hours. After not getting any communication from Viva, I called their customer service number the next day. At this point, the customer service agent continued to tell me that they will not be giving a refund voucher in this instance, due to the "airline not cancelling the flight." Even though I had an email from Viva Aerobus that I will be receiving the 100% of what I payed for in a voucher, and the customer agent telling me that he is generating the voucher the first time I called. This has been such a horrible and frustrating experience, and they do not deserve anyone's business.
RouteMexico City to Oaxaca
Date FlownApril 2021

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever, the staff that day were extremely rude and knew I had walked in through security and was sent to immigration which was far away. When i try to go back to my flight the security that day refused to let me in because I was 1 min late even though i explained my situation. Please people do not buy airplane tickets from this airline you will regret it.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK
Date FlownMarch 2021

"comply with their baggage policy"

Not Verified | Make sure you comply with their baggage policy, weight and size. They check just before boarding at the gate. Better pay beforehand, the rates should be better. My backpack was a few cm to big and the extra payment was almost equal to the ticket price itself (850 pesos). The viva employee became aggressive right away, I even didn't complain. I knew my backback was too big (it has a metal frame) though it fits even in the smaller Embraer planes and this was an Airbus. "You want to fly without your backpack or pay.." "so you want to leave it here" and so on. Another flight with this company got cancelled. I will fly Aeromexico whenever possible instead, the cost is the same in the end. The plane was a new Airbus320neo.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMexico City to Puerto Escondido
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"never book with them again"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Do not book with them - Chances are flights will be extremely delayed or cancelled. We were supposed to fly with this airline on a Sunday night. We were sitting at the gate already when we were told our flight is delayed two hours. Okay, not a big deal. After two more hours of waiting we were told the airplane has technical issues and they're fixing them now and that they're updating us very soon. Another two hours passed. People were starting to get angry, everyone had been waiting for over four hours already. Finally after midnight we were told that the flight is cancelled and that we should all go home and come back at 9am because the flight will leave at 11am the next day instead. We had to pay our own transport to the closest hotel (which in Tuxtla is a 40min cab ride) and also our own hotel. We came back the next morning at 9am as they told us to (after not getting a lot of sleep) and we were told right away that the flight will be another two hours delayed. In the end that wasn't even true- We had to spend all day at the airport and the flight finally went at 5pm (so another 9h at the airport). Absolutely awful experience. Employees are terrible and were deliberately withholding info from us. We weren't offered any sort of compensation either. They basically wasted 1.5 days of our lives for no reason. I've also heard from other passengers that Viva is always delayed for hours (in our case it was a 21h delay!). Will for sure never book with them again.
RouteTuxtla to Cancun