VivaAerobús

"worst airline I have ever traveled"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Hands down worst airline I have ever traveled on! I bought my ticket round trip for 500 usd which is a normal price for practically all airlines but seemed the cheapest. After that I paid for baggage (turns out it was only for a carry-on) so I had to pay for my bag at the airport. Not only was it 110 usd for a bag, but terrible service. After that on my trip back, I tried to buy a bag online to which it said I had one already. Turns out I didn’t and guess who paid in total 220 usd for 1 bag. In total I paid 720 usd for a flight from Mexico to NY (normally around 450 usd) Also no food or beverages, no entertainment, nothing on board.
RouteNew York to México city
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"had no issues and I would fly it again"

Trip Verified | We usually fly Southwest when flying within the US, but when flying from Cancun to Puerto Vallarta we had to take this local low cost airline. Honestly we had no issues and I would fly it again. The line was very long to check our bags, but we knew it probably would be and arrived 2 hours and 15 minutes before our departure. It took almost an hour to get through the line to check our bags, but we saw that they would announce flights leaving soon and pull passengers out of line to check their bags so they could make their flights. Which was a nice touch because I feel like a lot of airlines in the US wouldn't do that, and if you miss your flight, "tough luck, you should've arrived sooner." The plane was nicer than a lot of Southwest airplanes with plenty of leg room in our row (which was 29). One issue though: I paid for seat assignments when I booked the flight, and for some reason it reassigned our seats prior to check in and split our party of 3 up. Wasn't a huge deal bc I realized it when I went to check us in and was able to pick new seats for us 3 to be together. However, we had seats in the 8th row originally, then it had to be the 29th row. Being a person who doesn't speak a ton of Spanish, which would be necessary to speak to an agent about it, I can see that this may have been an issue if I weren't able to change our seats online to be together.
RouteCancun to Puerto Vallarta via Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"at the end is the expensive and worst one"

Trip Verified | I paid for my carryon when I booked my ticket since this airline charge you for everything extra, when I was ready to boarding the woman in counter told me my bag was 5 lbs overweight and I had to pay 20033.00 pesos which is $100.14 American dollars, so I had to pay that ridiculous amount since I had no choice. Please be aware if you don’t overpay in advance even you might not need it you can ended up paying a fortune for few pounds extra. Don’t use this airline if you think is the cheapest one because at the end is the expensive and worst one.
RouteMexico City to New York

"Worst Airline"

Trip Verified | I purchase my tickets since March for a December flight. Worst decision ever. They canceled my flight with out notification spend more than 24 hours at the airport trying to get back home. No compensation. Worst Airline.
RouteMexico City to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"The service is really bad"

Not Verified | The service is really bad, delayed the flight about 4 times whit out having a representative telling us. Seats on the airplane are very uncomfortable, no tv or radio. They sell all the snacks and drinks and the flight wasn’t cheap, it was a regular price in other airlines. Also they charge you for all the luggage, the reality is that this supposed to be a cheap flight but is expensive and bad services in all. Our flight was scheduled to board at 6:30 pm we boarded at 12:00 am at the far end where is not a tunnel, just stairs to get in the airplane with kids and we have to carry our luggage on stairs to get to the plane, it was a nightmare.
RouteGuadalajara to Tijuana
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"oversold, no seats available"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever, don't waste your money, Worst customer service, professionalism, no ethics at all / no respect after checking in couldn't board my flight, airline tickets were oversold, no seats available. Had to get other flights for next day and flights in between because was the only flights available.
RouteGuadalajara to Tijuana
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Hands down the worst airline I've ever used"

Trip Verified | Hands down the worst airline I've ever used. I trusted someone else to book my flight for a Cancun trip from TJ and this will be the last time I will let someone else book my flight. Before the day of departure they changed our times multiple times and canceled our flights just to have us rebook the exact same flights with different flight numbers. They do not provide water nor snacks on the flights. When they have delays they don't tell you anything about why the flights are delayed. They caused me to miss my connecting flight due to a 3hr delay. They changed our flights from a 2-3hrs layover to 12hrs layover. 5hrs flight with no water provided. I will never use them again.
RouteTijuana to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2021

2I would not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | The people at the Monterey airport were very rude. I had a connecting flight and they tried to charge me almost $200 just because I happened to go over by 2pounds over weight on my carry on. When I tried to distribute my items to lose to pounds they decided to weigh the other peoples items just to make me feel bad and on top of that they did not let me take any food overboard and made me throw all of it away. I would not recommend this airline, staff are very rude and none of them did the slightest thing to help instead tried to guilt trip me. Avoid airline if possible I know its cheap but their costumer care is always in a bad mood and will do about anything to charge you extra.
RouteMonterey to Guadalajara
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Terrible and rude customer service"

Not Verified | Cancelled my flight twice, both the day of a couple of hours before. They never refunded me, was forced to buy day of flights that were over $500, the flights that weren’t cancelled all got delayed and my last flight got switched gates 3 times all while we were supposed to be boarding. Terrible and rude customer service in person and non-existent online. Never ever ever again.
RouteCancún to Reynosa
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Don’t take a risk with this airline"

Not Verified | This airline is a criminal enterprise. They moved my flight up by 10 hours and sent me a notification about the update 2 hours after the new departure time. How is this even legal? Don’t take a risk with this airline, because they will just steal your money.
RouteMexico City to San Antonio