VivaAerobús

"Left me stranded in Guadalajara"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever, they overbooked my flight. Left me stranded in Guadalajara. They dont give refunds for the flight, only vouchers. They also wont pay for another ticket on another airline nor a hotel. So here i am sleeping in the airport waiting 6 hours for another flight on another airline. Which cost me more than the whole round trip with VivaAerobús . I understand its cheap but its not worth it.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2020

"VivaAerobus flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | I purchased 2 tickets in Feb 2020 with VivaAerobús one for myself and the other for my hubby from March 23 through March 28. In March 2020, the COVID-19, pandemic was in full swing and by the time March 16, 2020 came around, our government made the call of having each individual state make decisions on closing down non-essential businesses. On top of this, there was a strict travel advisory concerning certain countries. I watched the news night and day trying to figure out if I should go because I also knew my bone graft procedure required a 5 to 6 month healing timeframe. I called my dental office in Cancun several times inquiring if there was any news from their administrators, I also watched news pertaining to Cancun, read news articles from Cancun and read numerous travel advisories from the US Dept of State concerning Cancun / Mexico. I was told that everything was a go by my dentist. I also kept calling my dental office, my hotel and finally VivaAerobus 1 week prior to departure to inquired what would occur if I should cancel due to the pandemic or if there had been any changes due to the pandemic that I need to be aware of. But Vivaaerobus customer service agents told me that my flight on March 23, 2020 had not been cancelled nor do they see of any future changes or cancellations for both my inbound or outbound flights. All 3 Vivaaerobus CSR agents who I spoke to prior to my departure on 3 different occasions each said the same thing including that “I would lose both of my airline fares for myself and my hubby and that I would not get a refund because it was a non refundable ticket. I explained to them that I did not want to get “stuck” in another country of course even if it’s Mexico but I was advised by these 3 CSR agents, that if my flight becomes delayed or cancelled, I could log onto the Vivaaerobus App and the updates would be there or that I could call the 1-800 number for Vivaaerobus and reach a CSR agent for further assistance if that occurred. I felt I had no choice and I didn’t want to lose our hard earned money so on March 23, 2020, my hubby & I went off on our trip. We had the Vivaaerobus App installed on both of our cell phones and we were able to check in and obtain our boarding pass 24 hours before our flight departed from Charlotte, NC. We were both hoping that after we got to the airport, that our flight would be cancelled so we could request a refund but it was not cancelled. The arrival/ departure screens at Charlotte Douglas Airport showed that our flight to Cancun was still scheduled and on time. We didn’t have any luggage to check on our flight only had 2 carry-ons. We made it to our gate 2 hours ahead of our 8:00 am flight and our plane was already parked at the gate. There was only 1 other passenger waiting for the flight. We boarded our outbound flight late, landed in Cancun safety. I concluded my dental appointment, constantly checked my VivaAerobus App for notifications none were provided by this airline. 10 hours before check in on March 27, 2020, the VivaAerobus App would not allow us to check in nor obtain our boarding passes. It showed an message which stated that we had to check in 2 hours before departure. We called and the 1-800 number but It was constantly busy, we sent emails/ inquiries through online chat to VivaAerobus but got NO RESPONSE. We decided to purchase a ticket with another airline. The VivaAerobus flight was cancelled. Had we not been proactive, we would have stranded.
RouteCharlotte to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they only give vouchers"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Puerto Pallarta. I had two different flights scheduled with Viva aerobus. The first one was cancelled with no information given, the second was cancelled but they rebooked me on a flight 6 days later. For both, I asked for a refund, but they said that their refund policy has recently changed, and they only give vouchers. And you only have 15 days to decide if you want the voucher. I checked for flights in the future using random dates, all were at least double of what I paid. Price gouging at its finest. Anyways, when I told them that Mexican law says I should get a refund, they sent an email saying that they were done talking to me. Now it is left to my credit card company to refund the money. Buy from them at your risk!
RouteMexico City to Puerto Pallarta
Date FlownApril 2020

"rejected my request for a refund"

Trip Verified | Los Cabos to Mexico City. I have spoken with Customer Service, who does not speak much English, so I translated to Spanish. They rejected my request for a refund on 2 flights, which I could not use as I am trapped in UK due to COVId-19. I cannot have a voucher either as I am using all my holidays. Horrible company to look for money from foreign customers. oh no sorry they do everything for their customers. I spent all my savings to go to Mexico. I lose my holiday and money. You offer everybody to change their flights to follow Health's Minister advisory. Due to cancellation some PARTY in Monterey you allowed others to get change a flights or a refund and want to rip me off!
RouteLos Cabos to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not let clients change their flight"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Veracruz. The airline does not let clients change their flight due to the pandemic of Coronavirus. This is a shame, no humanity. I would never take a flight with them, they only care about money. I had other airlines changing my flight with NO fees, such as InterJet or American Airlines.
RouteCancun to Veracruz
Date FlownMarch 2020

"better than the first time"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Puerto Escondido to Mexico City. Second time I’ve flown this airline and it was better than the first time because I checked in 48hrs prior, I paid the priciest ticket and my luggage was at the exact weight allowed; the attendant was pretty nice and cordial at the time of the luggage drop off. I learnt the hard way as the first time I didn’t check in Online and Once at the airport i was not allowed to check in at the airport as I was within the hour of plane taking off (plane was not even at the airport yet) as the flight brings in passenger from Mexico City and flies back. Airline customer service is one of the worse I’ve experienced.
RoutePuerto Escondido to Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airline in Mexico"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Tuxtla Gutierrez to Cancun. The worst airline operating in Mexico! They let you pay for everything! I just paid money extra for my ukulele even though it fitted in the measure box. The communication with the staff was just horrible! Without any respect, without elementary manners. Last time the flight was 3 hours delayed - and they told me straight that they don’t care - that I can call to the airport office! Not the company hotline - but complain to the airport... what?
RouteTuxtla Gutierrez to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2019

"weigh everything on you"

Not Verified | Guadalajara to Los Angeles. This is the worst airline, they will rip you off at check in. You will end up paying a lot more than expected. Avoid this airline if possible, they will weigh everything on you, including purses and backpacks and they will consider it part of the weight for carry on luggage .
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2019

"did not want to refund my flight!"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Mexico City. I had my flight in connection to Madrid delayed 3 hours of course maintenance and I had to buy another flight with Volaris at the window so as not to lose my flight to Madrid they did not want to refund my flight! And now I return to Mexico City to connect with Guadalajara and also this afternoon until further notice! Very bad customer service when you call for help! Do not buy tickets with VivaAerobús if you want to arrive on time. Tenía mi vuelo en conexión para Madrid se retraso 3 horas por supuesto mantenimiento y tuve que comprar otro vuelo con Volaris en ventanilla para no perder mi vuelo a Madrid no quisieron reembolsar mi vuelo! Y ahora regreso a ciudad de Mexico para conectar con Guadalajara y también esta tarde hasta nuevo aviso! Muy mal servicio al cliente cuando llamas para pedir ayuda!!! No compres boletos con viva Aerobús si quieres llegar a tiempo!!!
RouteGuadalajara to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Delay time of 3h40m"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Huatulco to Mexico City. Flight delay No. 1093 by VivaAerobus from 17:20 departure time until 21:00 that the plane took off. Delay time of 3 hrs 40 min. Compensation policies are in favor of the airline. | Retraso de vuelo No. 1093 por VivaAerobus de las 17:20 hora de salida hasta las 21:00 que despegó el avión. Tiempo de retraso de 3 hrs 40 min. Las politicas de indemnización están a favor de la linea aerea.
RouteHuatulco to Mexico City