VivaAerobús

"comply with their baggage policy"

Not Verified | Make sure you comply with their baggage policy, weight and size. They check just before boarding at the gate. Better pay beforehand, the rates should be better. My backpack was a few cm to big and the extra payment was almost equal to the ticket price itself (850 pesos). The viva employee became aggressive right away, I even didn't complain. I knew my backback was too big (it has a metal frame) though it fits even in the smaller Embraer planes and this was an Airbus. "You want to fly without your backpack or pay.." "so you want to leave it here" and so on. Another flight with this company got cancelled. I will fly Aeromexico whenever possible instead, the cost is the same in the end. The plane was a new Airbus320neo.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMexico City to Puerto Escondido
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"never book with them again"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Do not book with them - Chances are flights will be extremely delayed or cancelled. We were supposed to fly with this airline on a Sunday night. We were sitting at the gate already when we were told our flight is delayed two hours. Okay, not a big deal. After two more hours of waiting we were told the airplane has technical issues and they're fixing them now and that they're updating us very soon. Another two hours passed. People were starting to get angry, everyone had been waiting for over four hours already. Finally after midnight we were told that the flight is cancelled and that we should all go home and come back at 9am because the flight will leave at 11am the next day instead. We had to pay our own transport to the closest hotel (which in Tuxtla is a 40min cab ride) and also our own hotel. We came back the next morning at 9am as they told us to (after not getting a lot of sleep) and we were told right away that the flight will be another two hours delayed. In the end that wasn't even true- We had to spend all day at the airport and the flight finally went at 5pm (so another 9h at the airport). Absolutely awful experience. Employees are terrible and were deliberately withholding info from us. We weren't offered any sort of compensation either. They basically wasted 1.5 days of our lives for no reason. I've also heard from other passengers that Viva is always delayed for hours (in our case it was a 21h delay!). Will for sure never book with them again.
RouteTuxtla to Cancun
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"did not accept our valid COVID tests"

VivaAerobus did not accept our valid COVID tests we received within the 72 hour limit. They made up reasons as to why it was invalid. First it was “the doctors name isn’t on it” and second “it doesn’t say antigen” The tests were valid and approved with the official Mexican government stamp. No where on their list of requirements does it say these reasons as to why the test would be invalid. Then they tell you to go to leave the airport and go to the Marriott to take their Covid test. We didn’t do it. They will find a way to inconvenience you. We rebooked another flight on United, they accepted our Covid tests as valid.
RouteMexico City to New York city
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"they never call"

Trip Verified | If you planing to save some bucks by using VivaAerobús let me tell you to think twice. I have 2 pieces of baggage lost for a week from my flight from Guadalajara to Chicago. I have placed multiple phone calls, emails and social media messages and still nothing. All they said is wait for a call and they never call. I suggest you spend more on another airline rather than this garbage. Airplanes are old, most of the time it is delays for technical issues, and now missing baggage. Not even Volaris is this irresponsible.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2020

"worst airline I have ever experienced"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever experienced. The customer service is atrocious. I arrived in plenty of time to board my flight. The online check in service wasn’t working, which staff admitted had been a problem all day, and so I needed to obtain my boarding pass. I waited in this ridiculously long line and arrived with more than an hour until my flight. Customer service told me I could not check in, despite not having checked baggage they continued to tell me I was too late. This is more than hour before my flight leaves.. we continued arguing until 50 mins before my plane would leave and they refused to help me. Told me I could not have a refund but I could purchase a new ticket to leave 2 days later. I had more than enough time to board the plane still and they would not do anything for me. I had to cover the costs of a hotel and a new flight with a different airline the next day costing me hundreds. I emailed in to discuss this with the company and they again just refused to help me. Awful customer service and I will never use them again.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Escondido
Date FlownNovember 2020

"you have to pay overweight"

Trip Verified | We were traveling with just backpacks and handbags at the time of check in we were asked if we check in any luggage for which we were not just personal items as the check in person confirmed then she give us our boarding passes and instructions, but at the time of boarding the plane staff asked me for payment saying that I was having 2 personal items which was my backpack and my funny belt. She asked me to pick one or another or pay for an extra item so politely asked if she can reconsider for what she just ignored me and start calling other passengers. I ask if I can talk to a supervisor she said yes then move aside to talk on the radio then she asked my daughter to insert her backpack in a metal measuring cage which she did with a little trouble for what she said that item will have pay. I try to talk to her showing her fit my daughters backpack in and out she said “if you want your backpack in the plane you have to pay overweight or just lose it”. when superior arrive he was carrying a credit card payment device, I try to explain the situation for what he didn’t let me finish saying here is a copy of the items and dimensions your ticket allowed you to carry. I took my funny belt out of my waist and put it in side my backpack thinking this is so stupid since is going to be inside the plane anyway.
RouteMexico City to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2020

"not respected any kind of social distancing"

Trip Verified | A terrible service, was not respected any kind of social distancing all piled up in rows of three passengers all seats full, incredibly an attack on the health of all passengers, I hope we all leave this flight healthy God help us! Un pésimo servicio no se respetaron ningún tipo de distanciamiento social todos amontonados en filas de tres pasajeros todos los asientos llenos , increíblemente un ataque a la salud de todos los pasajeros, ojalá todos salgamos sanos de este vuelo Dios nos Ayude!!
RouteLos Angeles to Guadalajara

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst airline. They are so desperate for money they charge for everything. I paid for luggage that got checked for weight and got check all the time. They targeted us since we left Cancun I saw the paper they target us we fit everything, they said regarding regulations, and they threaten us that If we didn't pay something they would not let us board. We ended up paying because we didn't want to miss the flight. Horrible customer service.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I basically just wasted my time and money with them"

Trip Verified | I purchased insurance on my flight tickets. My first flight got delayed twice (long story short I was going to have to cancel this flight, because I wasn’t going to make it on time). I kept trying to call to cancel and never got through to anyone. About 2 hours before the flight time (still in time to cancel according to the insurance policies) I sent an email requesting to cancel and get a refund. Customer service kept giving me different excuses of why I couldn’t get a refund or save my flight to be used another time. I sent them all the documents they asked for to show that it was a legit reason, but I basically just wasted my time and money with them.
RouteMexico City to Reynosa
Date FlownOctober 2020

"a deliberate action in order to get money"

Trip Verified | VivaAerobus employees extort money when passengers board the plane. We bought a baby package, which includes priority boarding, a stroller and additional luggage weighing up to 10 kg. Three inspectors on flight VB1016, Mexico City-Cancun, October 18, 2020, tried to prove to me for 20 minutes that the extra baggage is not included and I have to pay for it. It is impossible to imagine that they did not know this, because it is practically the only thing that they should know. Obviously, this is a deliberate action in order to get money. Their aggressive behavior and psychological pressure leads to the passenger not arguing and paying. I had to go to the company's website and find in the rules what is included in this children's package, but how many will do it, being stressed before the flight? After showing them what was included on the airline's website, they hid their badges and evaporated. I hope this is not a deliberate policy of the company and these people will be found.
RouteMexico City to Cancun