VivaAerobús

"They simply do not care"

Not Verified | I am beyond amazed at the ineptitude of this airline. These guys are the absolute epitome of "I do not care, not my problem". I missed a flight because of a delay on the airline's end and to further exacerbate this, they took my bags before I boarded the plane because there was no longer room on board the plane. I explained to them I had a flight to catch upon arriving in Cancun and they assured me that I would receive my bags in time for me to catch my flight. Well that was a lie. Upon arriving in Cancun, they took an absolute eternity with getting me my bags. I had to abandon them and hope they would send them to Toronto because I did not want to miss my flight. Well I ended up missing my flight and when I explained the situation to the personnel they had at the check in counter. They only gave me a phone number to call. After calling said phone number, they told me they would not reimburse me or give me any kind of compensation, not even a place to stay for the night because I had nowhere to go. I was beyond frustrated. All they offered was a 25% off voucher for my next flight with them (bold of them to assume I would even want to fly with this POS airline once more). I accepted and gave my email and they said they would send me the voucher in the coming days. I have yet to receive it. I called customer service and they told me they will not send me anything until I provide a confirmation number. I told them I have no such thing and they told me to go to the website where I booked my flight and retrieve it from them. After retrieving this, they tell me that they will not help me at all. I do not understand the way this airline operates at all. It is amazing how bad the customer service for this airline is. They simply do not care. It is ridiculous.
RouteTuxtla to Cancun
Date FlownMay 2024

“not worth it to get a better experience”

Trip Verified | Had the worst experience as I was trying to make sure I was prepared by pre-paying my bags and I was charged twice for the same bag. The service at bag check made me pay an additional $69 US. For my golf clubs, they assured me I can get a refund for the original price. I paid already which which was close to $60. I called customer service and they refused to refund my original payment for the bag. Additionally, it took an extra 30 minutes for me to get my bag and I was in a rush once we arrived because the flight was delayed over an hour. For anything oversize, they will make you wait till every bag is off the carousel and then they go somewhere where you can’t go to retrieve your bag which takes so long. It made me late to my appointment and I will never fly with them again. I did not appreciate the customer service person was talking to me, in my opinion they are scam artist they are scam artists. Brought my water and everything onto the plane because I knew it was going to be bare bones But don’t fly it’s not worth it to get a better experience.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Tijuana
Date FlownMay 2024

"pay a bit more and AVOID it"

Trip Verified | To those who think its a good idea to use this airline pay a bit more and AVOID it. Why? Here is a story that actually happened to me just now. So I booked a flight from Mexico city to Cancun online for the next day with Viva airlines. It sends me a confirmation email. I go to the airport, 2 hours before my flight I go to check in and I am told that my ticket got canceled. Why? Because apparently my card did not go through. I look at my online banking and the payment has been placed. I check my email, I see no notices that anything is canceled. I ask if I can pay again, they said no I have to call the call center. They give me a phone number to call. So I call and wait on hold for 40 minutes, then an agent answers and tell me that the system just canceled the ticket because they didn't get payment confirmation and a refund has been issued. Strange that a refund is issued considering they didn't get the money. I ask if I can pay online or with him, he says that I should go to the airport staff and ask them to do it there. The same airport staff that told me to call him! I explain that and ask why I didnt get any notices that my ticket is canceled. All I have is an email saying congratulations, everything is successfully booked. He said nothing and started to suggest other flights I can buy. Then he found availability at the flight that I booked yesterday but now he said he can't get a ticket on it because it's too late now to book in his computer but he said that if i go to the staff in the airport, they help me. Iask him what I should say to them. Silence. I ask if he wants to talk to them now because I could pass my phone to them and and then, he just hung up on me. Like actually hung up! So to people who want to use this airline just pay a little more and avoid it. You will end up paying more at the end. To people who run this company. 1) fire all your support staff and replace them with an AI chatbot because they are useless. 2) give the people in the airport an ability to resolve these matters or at least to sell tickets or just fire them all and put a machine to self check in. 3) adjust your automations so people get a notice if their ticket is canceled.
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownMay 2024

"won‘t recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | The staff was so rude and couldn’t care less that my luggage didn’t arrive at the final destination. It was kind of a fight to get it back the next day. Then I noticed that my backpack was severely damaged even though it was in a protection case. I e-mailed the airline twice to ask for a refund for the damage. Both times I got a confirmation e-mail that they received my message but they never replied to me. This incident shows that there is a lot of improvement in terms of customer service. I won‘t fly with Viva Aerobus anymore and for sure won‘t recommend the airline to friends.
RouteMérida to Puerto Escondido via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2024

"worst airline for families"

Not Verified | The worst airline for families, if you have children they take you and separate your family even if you pay extra to fly in front with extra legroom. Fly with any other airline even if you pay more, your family will not be separated specifically if you have small children. La peor aerolínea para familias, si tienes niños te llevan y separan a tu familia aunque pagues extra para volar delante con más espacio para las piernas. Vuela con cualquier otra aerolínea aunque pagues más, tu familia no quedará separada específicamente si tienes niños pequeños.
RouteOaxaca to Tijuana

"Absolutely horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrendous experience with this airline for an international flight. I lost hundreds of dollars due to rude and incompetent employees. My passport was reviewed at reception and I was told I could board my flight. At the gate, I was subjected to a random secondary search. The people who searched my bags yelled at me, threatened me, and disrespected my mother. After the search, the associates scanned my boarding pass and it came up invalid. They spent 15-20 minutes fiddling with my passport. Finally, they say I need to exit the hanger and go to immigration at the front of the airport. I ran there and back and they still didn’t let me on even though they let two people on before me. I begged them to let me on my flight and they ignored me, then told me it was my fault. I went to reception where they made me wait an hour for some manager who told me it was my fault I didn’t board my plane and they would not refund my ticket.
Aircraft
RouteMonterrey to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"didn't let me board the flight"

Trip Verified | These guys didn't let me board because of a tourist fee that i was not supposed to pay since i was just transiting through Cancun to go to my final destination of Vancouver. They said i had to pay $38, which i reluctantly agreed to but then there cc machine wouldn't work, and because of this, they didn't let me board the flight, and i missed my connecting flight from Cancun as well. I had to book an expensive flight the same day and these guys didn't even bother refunding the ticket for their flight, which they made me miss for no reason. Pathetic, never would i travel with this low cost carrier. Lesson learnt.
RouteQuito to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2023

"Would avoid if you can"

Trip Verified | Basic as they come! Seats are virtually the plastic they're made of, with the thinnest bit of leather interior I've ever seen. Boarding is ridiculous - there is no strategy and took 40 minutes to board everyone. Tip for you - try making use of the rear doors if boarding with steps. Crew were a bit abrupt on both flights Mexico City - Tulum - Mexico City. The price they charge for checked luggage too is a disgrace - more than the flight! Would avoid if you can.
RouteTulum to Mexico city
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Mexico City flight was on delay for about an hour, almost lost my connection fly from Monterrey to Houston. Once I arrive to Houston my luggage’s missing, file a delayed baggage report with the airline and they explain me that because of the delay they didn’t have any chance to move the luggage from one plane to the other (it’s understandable not a big deal). Wednesday January 3 the airline call me that my baggage’s are ready for me to pick it up in Dallas Texas airport - why Dallas? I live in Houston, they state that I’m authorized to send the luggage to Dallas. That is so ridiculous I live in Houston why I would send my luggage to Dallas (4 hours driving distance) today it’s January 6 and I still not have my luggage. Mexico office state that they are working with Dallas Airport to coordinate the luggage to ship back to Houston, Dallas office state that luggage’s where send back to Mexico so they can shipped to Houston. These people are idiots nothing that said it’s true they believe that they are doing a favor to us for using their services I have to call back January 7 to check again the status, to hear the same stupid answers since day 1. Please if you can, stay away from this airline it’s cheap but ain’t worth it. I will not use this airline ever!
RouteMexico City to Houston via Monterrey
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"losing my money for 3 fares"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | This airline has a cancellation policy for purchase, which I thought was great. The only issue is the legal fine print. I am not able to cancel because my reason doesn't meet their criteria for cancellation, so I'm losing my money for 3 fares. And I have to pay for another ticket for myself and 2 others.! So now I have to double pay for tickets because this airline wouldn't allow me to switch the date of my flight...
RouteQueretaro to Houston