Viva Air

"flight got rescheduled"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We booked a flight from Cusco to Medellín which took us 3 times longer than it should have. Our flight got rescheduled two days before from Cusco - Lima - Medellín to cCusco - Lima - Bogota - Medellín, which prolonged our traveling time from 6 hours to 15 hours. Delayed twice, which almost made us miss one of the connection flights. They also charge you 50 sol if you don't print your boarding pass. Even if they change your flight last minute. Don't hope for support or retribution because you will get none.
RouteCusco to Medellín
Date FlownApril 2019

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Took 2 flights which have left me in no doubt that I will never fly this airline again. Our first was Pereira to Santa Marta. At check-in my wife's regulation cabin bag was deemed too large (by 5 cms) & would cost in excess of £20 to place in the hold. This bag has met the requirements of every other airline we have flown with (and that is many). The assistant was at least ready to offer an option - transfer all the contents & the bag into our hold baggage as they were under-weight. This we did, not without some inconvenience & embarrassment as our belongings spread across a very crowded & restricted check-in floor. The second flight was from Cartagena to Bogota. This time pre-warned about baggage we fell foul of another Viva rule. Travelling around Colombia it had not been possible to print our boarding passes, the penalty - £18 to have the check-in desk print them for us, totally unsympathetic to our situation. So be warned if flying with Viva Air, which we will certainly not be doing again.
RoutePereira to Santa Marta
Date FlownMarch 2019

"this feels like a scam"

(Aruba)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Pereira. I was charged as much as the ticket cost because my 5kg backpack was 5cm too tall. It ended up fitting perfectly fine in length in the baggage bins, I have travelled all over the world with this same backpack on many different low cost airlines. For me this feels like a scam.
RouteBogota to Pereira
Date FlownMarch 2019

travel with another airline"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Cartagena to San Andres. They never sent us mail or warned that we had to print the tickets in advance, or they would charge us 34,000 cops (12usd) to print the tickets. It had never happened to me to be charged for printing tickets at the AIRPORT. In addition to that we were charged the tax to enter the island, which was a mistake for not having set us in a blog, although I maintain that they must also warn the amount when making the purchase of the ticket. The worst part is that they do not accept a credit card to pay a tax. Where that money goes, I do not know. Yes or yes cash 112,000cop (40usd) Bad attention. For the money they charge you, it's better to travel with another airline. ES: Nunca nos mandaron mail ni avisaron que debíamos imprimir los pasajes con antelación, o nos cobrarían 34.000 cops (12usd) por imprimir los boletos!!! Nunca me había pasado que me cobren por imprimir unos boletos en el AEROPUERTO. Ademas de eso nos cobraron el impuesto para entrar a la isla, que eso fue un error nuestro por no habernos fijado en algún blog, aunque sostengo que también deben avisar el importe al realizar la compra del pasaje. Lo peor de todo es que no aceptan tarjeta de crédito para pagar un IMPUESTO. A donde va ese dinero, no lo se. Si o si efectivo 112.000cop (40usd) Pésima atención. Por la plata que te cobran me conviene viajar con otra aerolínea mejor.
RouteCartagena to San Andres