Vistara

"very pleasant travel experience"

Trip Verified | The service was nice, kind and prompt response from the staff, provided a small snack for 2.30 hrs flight. Seats and ambiance was much comfortable. No delays except the usual Delhi air traffic delay. The baggage reached safe. I am giving 9 points due to the behavior of one staff during check in process. He was hesitant to respond to my questions. Overall a very pleasant travel experience.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownJuly 2021

"insisted me to pay £160 to check it in"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying with Vistara. I travelled in business class and I was the only one there. I had two check in suitcases under 25 kgs, 1 small bagpack and 1 cabin bag. I had one extra cabin bag which weighed 8 kgs. They did not allow me to take it on board and insisted me to pay £160 to check it in. I asked the agent if she can reduce the price a little if I have to check the bag in and she refused. Never am I ever going to do the mistake of travelling with this airline.
RouteLondon to New Delhi

26th May 2021 : Vistara response

Dear Ms. Mehta, We are concerned to note your disappointment. Certainly, this is not the experience we wanted you to have. We understand that you were carrying 2 hand luggage and a purse, and two checked baggage. Since you wanted to check in one trolley bag on top of your 2 suitcases which exceeded your baggage allowance, hence our staff informed you about the charges for excess baggage as per policy. Thanks.

"Never again Vistara!"

Trip Verified | Had a horrendous journey back to the UK as ground staff did not have any idea on transit rules by country nor were they familiar with bubble agreements. Manager shows a message on Whatsapp claiming to be a set of guidelines followed by them. Staff need to be trained in customer service especially if they claim to be part of Singapore Airlines delivering world class service. Ground staff at the booking counter at New Delhi airport seem to be fed-up of life and feel they're doing passengers a favour by answering their queries. Never again Vistara!
RouteGoa to London via Delhi

20th May 2021 : Vistara response

Dear Customer, We are concerned to note your disappointment, this is not the experience we wanted you to have. Our endeavor has always been to deliver the best level of service, however, we are sorry to note that it was not delivered to your satisfaction. please be assured that we will share your feedback with the concerned team and take corrective measures to enhance our quality of customer experience. We look forward to your kind understanding and request to give us another chance to serve you better. Thanks.

"eager to help and nothing was trouble at all"

Trip Verified | Right from boarding to landing, Vistara conducted it's duty with utmost sincerity and dedication. Premium economy cabins are spacious and so are seats. Cabin planning is good. They secure cabin from Economy class hence it feels private and less loud. The mood light shades they use are really appealing and food is just fantastic! In fact all flights originating from India, serves fantastic food! Hands down it's the best meal I have eaten on-board a flight. While I am at it, I might add that they can be bit generous with serving portions. IFE is bit boring and it needs more variety and latest movies. All this on one side and their cabin crew on another side. They elevate the experience on to another level. Vistara's crew are very professional and warm-hearted people. I could see that they are eager to help and nothing was trouble at all. Crew on DEL-FRA sector were the best crew I have experienced in my years of travel. They take individual orders from premium eco cabin and nothing comes from trolley. The whole experience made me feel at home. They exceeded the standards that of SIA and here after it will be my preferred airline to travel! If this level of service is maintained, once Vistara expands globally, it will give a run for buck to big 3 in gulf. Finally, it is an airline for here to stay and has a bright future.
RouteDelhi to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2021

"I had missed my flight"

Trip Verified | I had missed my flight due to service from the check-in team. For a flight of 8am, I was in the check-in line, having done mobile check-in earlier, before 6:45am. However, the check-in process took more than 30 min. By then, the person at the counter had refused to take my luggage and suggested that I just try 'my luck' by taking my luggage through security. I has asked in case the team can help me with security or thereafter through buggy. He said he can't help with either and this service was offered later once I missed my flight.
RouteDelhi to Kolkata

20th May 2021 : Vistara response

Dear Customer, We are concerned to note your disappointment, this is not the experience we wanted you to have. Please write to us on [email protected] with your booking details so that our team can check and assist you. Thanks.

"amazing service and new aircraft"

Trip Verified | One of the best full-service airlines in India with amazing service and new aircraft which are well maintained in terms of cleanliness and hygiene. Vistara Economy has good legroom. The food offered was complementary and was good. Amazing inflight entertainment (to be viewed on your phone).
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteBagdogra to Pune via Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2021

"In flight service was good"

Trip Verified | Good experience, done web check-in and traveling without checking baggage so no check in experience, boarding was smooth. In flight service was good and so was food. Aircraft looks clean and hygienic.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteDelhi to Guwahati
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Not a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Not a pleasant experience, starting from boarding to inflight. Boarding was chaotic, no social distancing. Food served to me was the same as economy class, probably they have shortage of meal so served me the one for economy class. After boarding no one ask or provide water, only after take off.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteGuwahati to Delhi

20th May 2021 : Vistara response

We are taking all the necessary precautions and we assure you that the customer's health and safety are of top priority for us. We also urge our customers to follow the same at all points during their journey. All the protocols are followed as per the laid norms. We take our service standard seriously and we assure you that this was not the kind of experience we ever wanted you to have. We would like to share your feedback with the relevant airport and request you to share the booking details at [email protected] for us forward your feedback for corrective measures and staff briefing. Thanks.

"no option other than to pay up"

Trip Verified | The check in staff was not informed on the baggage policy, made me wait for about 15 mins while she checked with someone on call. There was no response from the other line and she made a random decision to charge me for my carry on bag (INR 8000) which was apparently way more than the cost of ticket itself. Her supervisor was just interested in moving the queue and she would not listen to the details of my booking. Eventually I was getting late for the flight and had no option other than to give in at that time to get my boarding pass. More details: I was flying from Chicago to Chandigarh and my domestic leg from New Delhi to Chandigarh was booked on United Airlines operated by Vistara. I had 2 check in bags + carry on bag + laptop bag, all under permissible weight limits and typical of an international flight from USA to India. I was not sure about the size of the aircraft in the domestic flight so I inquired if my carry on bag would fit in or not. They mentioned it won’t and even if it did it is above 7kg limit for a carry on bag and instead of taking the risk I should check in and pay for 15kgs instead. This was in spite of me showing them the Vistara policy which had to honour the same baggage allowance for connections from international flights within 48 hrs. Her recommendation was that I either magically get rid of my 8kg belongings or pay up to board the flight, given the departure time I had no option other than to pay up. To make matters worse the supervisor on the floor was completely rude and interested in chatting with her friends than pay attention to any questions from customers. Fast forward, I boarded the flight, half empty and huge spaces for carry on bags in the flights and knowing all that she still made me check in the bag for additional amount. I felt completely ridiculous and betrayed and I hope that the airlines invest some time in teaching manners and policies to their front end staff.
RouteDelhi to Chandigarh
Date FlownMarch 2021

"expect an outstanding onboard experience"

Trip Verified | Goa to Bombay in Business Class. We have come to expect an outstanding onboard experience on Vistara and this time it was no different. My one point of criticism was the transport from the aircraft to the terminal upon landing in Bombay: the bus was packed to the gills in complete disregard for the current pandemic situation we are in. What is the use of masks and face shields if you are going to have people brushing against you and breathing down your neck?
AircraftA320neo