Vistara

"customer support is worst"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Delhi. Flight is good, but customer support is worst. I had to cancel one of the passenger travelling with me. Called customer care and he confirmed the ticket was cancelled. But I did not receive any refund or at least any message/mail confirming that the ticket was cancelled. When I requested them to send me cancellation/refund confirmations, they simply send me another link to pay 300Rs. For what I don't know the reason. Neither the refund amount around 1300(which informed by customer care executive) is also not reflected in my card. I dont mind 1300 but this airlines should have courtesy to send me cancellation receipt/message which I need to file in my company expenses.
RouteHyderabad to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"definitely be flying them again"

Trip Verified | Cochi to Chandigarh via Delhi. I was traveling alone in India for business. As a female, this wasn't the most comfortable experience. I had to go from Cochi to Chandigarh to see a vendor so I booked this flight at the last minute. When I got to the airport I learned about the weight limit for carry-ons. I begged and pleaded for them to make an exception because I had work materials and several other important items. I offered to pay for the bag but they said they really weren't able to allow weight overages in economy class. They could only do so for business class customers. The two agents tried hard to help me get an affordable business class. We weren't able to find any that were affordable, but they tried just about every thing they could to ensure that my bag was tended to. In the end they put special labeling on my bag and did virtually everything they could to make sure my bag made it to my final destination. This meant a lot to me, given the circumstances. I've never seen service like this at an airline. They genuinely cared about my seemingly stupid luggage concern. The actual flight was great - organized boarding, great snacks, friendly airline attendants, and easy flight. This was so comforting and calming to me during a stressful time. Will definitely be flying with them again because I know that their service is impeccable and that if anything goes wrong they will do everything they possibly can to make it right.
RouteCochi to Chandigarh via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I wasn't able to upgrade"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Chennai. I wasn't able to upgrade to Business class multiple times. The voucher upgrade that they offered through their CV frequent flyer program you would never be able to do so. It's only allowed 1 hr before departure which in a domestic route is full since they only have 8 business class seats. I have this feedback to them on my earlier flights as well when I wasn't able to upgrade. What a shame, I was just starting to like them.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Food tasty and served hot"

Not Verified | Chennai to Kolkata. One of the best experience I ever have had. Crew members are very cooperative. This flight had many passengers who were actually patients. The behaviour of the cabin crew towards them was really appreciable. Food I opted was veg and was tasty and served hot. The flight landed before time. I must specifically mention that the interior of the aircraft was a very modest one with light music being played. I wish Vistara continues this quality of service and quality of aircraft maintenance in future too.
RouteChennai to Kolkata
Date FlownNovember 2018

"crew are the greatest asset"

Trip Verified | Awesome crew members. The crew are the greatest asset who provide exemplary service. I would like to thank the team on board in UK 753 Delhi to Ranchi on 15th October 2018. Please compliment the entire team on my behalf.
RouteDelhi to Ranchi
Date FlownOctober 2018

"one of the best airlines"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Ahmedabad. Vistara is one of the best airlines that I have flown with. I had booked the ticket from my cell phone just a few hours before departure. During check-in, the agent upgraded me to Premium Economy. As I was entering the aircraft, I told the flight attendant that I was feeling dehydrated and if I could have a glass of water. She instantly gave me a bottle of water. Vistara served complimentary breakfast during the 1 hour flight from New Delhi to Amhedabad, but what really set Vistara apart was their outstanding customer service.
RouteDelhi to Ahmedabad
Date FlownNovember 2017

25th September 2018 : Vistara response

Hi Anurag, we're delighted to know you had a wonderful experience flying with us. We'll surely convey your #VistaraLove to our team. Here's to many more flights together. Keep flying the new feeling :)

"a worthy option to choose"

Trip Verified | Lucknow to Delhi. I have flown with Vistara earlier and recently in August. Overall, what I like about this airline is that staff is friendly and helpful both on ground and in cabin. Seat pitch and quality is very nice plus flexibility to choose preferred seats is added advantage. On board services are very good and aircraft interior is fresh. Only thing I felt was that while flying on short route the food given in premium economy was at par with the normal economy and they used to give a welcome drink earlier in premium economy but I didn't find that in this flight. Plus the quality of refreshment was not good as I have experienced earlier. But overall on long flights, its very good and overall a worthy option to choose for flying in India. Eagerly waiting for its international flights now.
RouteLucknow to Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2018

14th September 2018 : Vistara response

Hi Sumesh, we're delighted to know about your overall experience flying with us. We'll surely convey your compliments to our team for their services. Here's to many more flights together. Keep flying the new feeling :) #VistaraLove

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Chennai left almost 45 minutes late. Thereafter there was congestion at the runway at the take off point. Further ahead,the seat belt sign was not switched off for another 45 minutes after take off siting bad weather. Thus it must have been almost two hours from the time one reported to the boarding gate till the time the seat belt sign was switched off. I was traveling with my elderly parents in their eighties who wanted to go to the wash room about 20 minutes after the flight took off but were not allowed. However, the flight attendants wheeled in the food trolleys and started serving food during that time when the seat belt sign was still on. Other than this issue, the staff were quite efficient and courteous. The leg room was better than other domestic airlines. The food was good and adequate and the overall experience was pleasant. Another, irritant pertains to the prevalent norm in Chennai wherein the staff who assist with the wheel chair haggle over receiving a hefty tip . Overall traveling for the first time with Vistara was a good experience.
RouteDelhi to Chennai
Date FlownJuly 2018

24th July 2018 : Vistara response

Hi T Ashyer, your feedback has been noted and will be shared with the concerned team. We're pleased to know about your experience flying with us along with your parents. Look forward to many more flights together. Keep flying the new feeling:)

"the best among all"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Ahmedabad. I have travelled a lot in last 2 years and have flown each of the Indian airlines, but Vistara is the best among all. For foreign travellers I recommend that if you want to travel within India, use this airline. The food was good, plus the aircraft was well maintained and clean.
RouteBengaluru to Ahmedabad
Date FlownJune 2018

17th July 2018 : Vistara response

Thank you for your #VistaraLove Monish! We're delighted to hear about your experience flying with us. Here's to many more flights together. Keep flying the new feeling :)

"hope they maintain that standard"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Delhi. I am a Platinum Member of their frequent flyer programme and have been so for two years now. Therefore my bias for this airline is obvious. Vistara is the only Indian domestic airline which offers Premium Economy. Same 3+3 layout as Economy but with more generous legroom. Their Economy seats have a pitch of 31" and recline of 3.5" except the cramped last row. The Premium Economy seats have a pitch of 33" and recline of 4.5". Those extra couple of inches does make a huge difference. Reached Kolkata airport at about 6 am for my 7.05 am flight to Delhi. Had checked in online the previous night. Being a Platinum Member they offer complimentary lounge access. However, as happens often, there never is time to pop into the lounge. Went straight through security and to the boarding gate. Vistara boarding is always an organised affair. I really can't put a finger on what they do different but there never is the kind of melee that you see around boarding gates of most other airlines. They started boarding at 6.24 am. We were bussed to a distant stand. Quite a few minutes of bus ride. To a very far stand beyond the old terminal building. Now, if I have one complain with Vistara and indeed with most other airlines, is that the first flight out of the day is always from a non-aerobridge stand. The planes that come in late on the previous night are parked at stands away from the terminal. Every airline that does that, seems to avoid the expenditure of getting the aircraft to an aerobridge gate for the first flight out the next morning. Instead they subject you to an uncomfortable crowded bus ride. Vistara also does the same. Boarding was quick and orderly. The welcoming cold towel (hot in winters) is always a nice touch. Then they handed over the breakfast menu. Another nice touch. A round of water. Boarding complete and doors close at 6.50 am, well before scheduled 7.05 am departure. Then the Government owned Kolkata Airport's inefficiency took over. It wasn't till 7.06 am that we were pushed back. And another 10 mins odd before we were airborne. 20/25 mins on the ground after doors closed? I don't know who is to be blamed. I always enjoy the new planes, nice clean interiors, comfortable seats, the rather different purple and gold colour scheme. Even the cabin crew wear a purple and gold uniform. I always see the lady cabin crews wearing a similar metallic gold watch and pearl ear studs which go very well with the purple uniform. Haven't seen any other airline standardising the accessories that go with the uniform. That's a real neat touch. 30 mins into the flight and it was breakfast time. Meals are always a pleasure on Vistara. I am a hardcore non vegetarian but could not resist the Sabudana Khicdi and Medu Vada in Sambhar that morning with Starbucks coffee. Awesome. We were over Delhi well in time but were then a victim to the usual early morning congestion that's routine at Delhi. Inspite of that we were on the ground a couple of minutes earlier than the scheduled 9.25 am arrival. Aerobridge connected quickly and I was off the aircraft at 9.34 am. Very happy. Vistara seems to be setting a new bench mark in Indian domestic aviation. I sure do hope they maintain that standard.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKolkata to Delhi
Date FlownMay 2018

10th June 2018 : Vistara response

Hi Arup, we're glad to know about experience flying with us. Look forward to having many more flights together. Keep flying the new feeling :)