Vietnam Airlines

(Taiwan)

Round-trip from Taipei to Siem Reap via Ho Chi Minh City. No long lines at check-in. All the planes (A321) seemed new inside and out and were quite roomy inside. I am tall and was especially happy with the amount of legroom. All of my seats were almost like Economy Plus seats on United Airlines. All flights left on time and arrived earlier than expected. The flight crew were not particularly friendly but were efficient. I have to say that the last flight was a bit hot and stuffy and I could have used some air conditioning but it wasn't horrible. Our bags were promptly delivered on both legs. It was a good experience overall and I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Gatwick to Ho Chi Minh City. Flight out was the worst long haul ever. Plane was incredibly hot with no option for any air conditioning. Staff were unhelpful and rude. Inflight entertainment did not work. Return journey was an equal disaster. Flight delayed 9 hours due to problems with the plane. They made no announcements at all and we were just told it was cancelled. They shipped us all off to hotels which took 3 hours and we then had to be back at the airport 4 hours later so no real sleep obtained. On returning to the airport as they had taken our passports off us they then had the task of handing out passports to 300 odd people - no organisation and no idea. In the end passengers took the box of passports off them and dealt with it themselves. Actual flight back was ok and staff were a little more helpful and attentive - not surprising really. Both planes on our journey were dirty.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew London to Singapore via Vietnam. Aircraft is in need of a re fit the IFE is the older style and you can't stop start the programs but it worked. Crew friendly and the meals were good.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Recently used as part of a booking made with Qantas airlines but flying with Vietnam Airlines. The flight to and from was poor with the aircraft in need of some basic maintenance/repairs consoles not working and crew not interested in any complaints or requests. Food sub standard with no choices in what you got. I used the airline for all internal flights within Vietnam which was better that their international flights and pleasant with all aspects of the process without fault. I suppose you pay for what you get. Surprised Qantas putting their name to another airline.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

My son and I have used Vietnam Airlines several times. Bangkok to Hanoi Hanoi to Hong Kong Vientiane to Phnom Penh and then on to Ho Chi Minh City. No complaints. Good service good food on time no lost luggage and aircraft in excellent condition. I will fly them again this summer from HCMC round-trip to Nha Trang. Nothing to complain about.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Twice this year I have travelled Vietnam Airlines from Australia to the UK in Business Class. Excellent value for money. The best aircraft are the newer A330-200s cabins in better shape and excellent seat recline when compared to the B77-200s which are looking rather tired. Check in easy lounges fine although nothing special transit procedures in Vietnam well co-ordinated by ground staff. Onboard service is consistent catering excellent wines good AVOD rather limited. Despite these minor criticisms I believe that VN offers the best value for money Business Class option from Australia to the UK at present.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

HKG-SGN-DAD-SGN-HKG. My partner and I flew to D'nang with Vietnam airlines. The flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh was comfortable. We received a full meal service on board even though the flight was only 2 hours long. Ho Chi Minh itself is a bit of a culture shock. You will need to re-check in for domestic flights. Our connecting flight was cancelled but we were put back onto the next flight. They said we could have dinner in their lounge but none of their lounges knew what the desk was on about and by then it was too late to question it as there is no airline desk once in the departure lounge. Any longer than a one our transit in SGN is far too long!

Vietnam Airlines customer review

I booked Vietnam Airlines as they are the only company that do direct flights to Vietnam - I was travelling with children and wanted to get to Vietnam in the shortest possible time! The stewards were rude and offhand. Three out of four of our entertainment systems and reading lights didn't work and when we asked to be moved they were uninterested and told us there was nothing that could be done and we should just rest! This was a daytime flight with a 6-year old and a 13-year old. We were told to try and get compensation once we were back home.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

For price reasons I travelled Vietnam Airlines last week from Paris - Bangkok (via Hanoi) - Sydney (via Ho Chi Minh) - Paris (via Ho Chi Minh). 1 month ago I travelled Paris - Hanoi return as well. Both times Business class. Service excellent food and wine very good selection noodle soups as snacks available throughout the 13 hour flight served by a smiling crew. Only negative is the flight entertainment system which had the same films for all the above cited flights. Crew told me that the programmes only change every 3 to 4 months due to cost reasons - take your own DVDs along.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Unremarkable short hop from Vientiane to Phnom Penh. Clean comfortable cabin friendly cabin crew. Belgian (I think) captain gave occasional information.