Vietnam Airlines

"still have not refunded me completely"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | It was swift and easy when they take your money but post-purchase service is horrible, terrible, they would test your patience to the max. They changed my flight schedule - which was fine, as I chose for refund in voucher form, this is where the issue began. it has been taking me 27 days and countless phone calls and emails. For them to finally refund the booking in voucher form so it took me 10+ emails and calls to get a refund for 1 passenger, and then another round of equal efforts for another passenger, until this point it has been 1 month and they still have not refunded me completely yet. Online support Dept seems to have a team of 1-2 persons or they are just not in the mood for working.
RouteHanoi to Ho chi minh via Dalat
Date FlownMay 2021

"delayed over and over again"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight via Vietnam Airlines website to later find after I booked, they are in association with Pacific Airlines. A one hour flight was booked for 12:45, delayed over and over again and now delayed until 9pm. No explanation, nothing. Considered getting another flight only I checked a bag already and judging by their incompetent behaviour it is unlikely I would ever see my suitcase again if I walked away now. Currently sitting in the airport lounge. I have flown with Vietnam Airlines many times for business and pleasure and always book with them! I even hold a loyalty card.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Da Nang
Date FlownApril 2021

"stop raising their voice"

Trip Verified | Cabin Crew attitude is hostile and disrespectful. Please train your crew to ask more question, make less order, and stop raising their voice with customer. Say thank you, sorry, and please is a must.
RouteTân sơn Nhat to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"we were proud of our airline"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | The trip was good, we were proud of our airline. The crews were friendly, they served us food and talked to us calmly. Hope I will have an better experience with Business class and an better aircraft on the same airline.
RouteHanoi to Nha Trang
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they rescheduled my flight"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I booked Vietnam Airlines via Traveloka from Hanoi to HCMC, and it was operated by Pacific Airlines. My flight before at 6.20 am and 2 days before the flight or maybe 1 day since my flight was so early they rescheduled my flight to be at 5.40 am without asking me first if I was suitable for that time or not. 6.20 am for me it was been so early and they even changed my flight 40 mins earlier! it happened to me with another airlines but all of them gave the options to change the date for free even for the Air Asia. but not for Vietnam Airlines. I tried to call Vietnam Airlines but never worked. I tried to reschedule via traveloka but got rejected, called them and they said that I must contact to Vietnam airlines because they had right to reschedule my flight. I've tried to call Pacific Airlines which is the plane that i flew but the CS asked me to call Vietnam Airlines since I booked thru Vietnam Airlines but it never worked. I missed flight because I was late only 10 mins due to I saw wrong departure time, and I must pay full amount and the new flight which is I must wait for another 7 hrs. The seat of Pacific Airlines was even narrow legroom, I must bend my feet if I want to get into comfortable position.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2020

"staff insisted to give her meal"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My Flight had been delayed for 1 hour more therefore I Missed airport transfer, the meal they provided is only 1 choice, it was a Vietnamese Bread with Pork. As a person that is prohibited to eat pork I couldn't eat that food. Good thing was only the staff had insisted to give her only meal to be given to me which is small bread without any filling. p
RouteNha Trang to Hanoi
Date FlownJuly 2020

"happy to sign the disclaimer form"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. The staff during the check in were clueless. They told us we have to check in again at Hanoi for the international flight due to the visa (I had visa issued by Korean goverment). Once arrived at Hanoi Airport one staff of Vietnam airlines was waiting for us to inform us that one of our baggage has lost the id labels and they cannot transfer to the plane to fly to Incheon so we had to go to the luggage belt to get our suitcase. Once at the check in counter at Hanoi airport, they didn't know out of my 3 suitcases which one was the one without id tag. Also they did not want to allow me to fly, because as they said my visa will be rejected in Korea. Finally I convinced them saying that I will be happy to sign the disclaimer form to release them from any responsibility in case if I got rejected; obviously one in Korea I did not have any problem with my visa. I will not fly with Vietnam Airlines again
RouteHanoi to Incheon via Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJuly 2020

"we were not permitted to board"

Trip Verified | We arrived at Heathrow airport to travel to Sydney via Vietnam on the 18th March 2020. There was already an issue when we arrived, as travelers were being turned away in the line in front of us. The counters were cordoned off and there were Vietnam Airline staff, airport staff and police stationed at the entrance to that section. We learnt that Vietnam Airlines were refusing to board anyone who was not a Vietnam National, due to Covid-19. Despite having Australian passports a visa for Vietnam and a booked Vietnam Airlines flight to Sydney, we were not permitted to board. There was no-one stationed at the Vietnam Airlines Support counter either at anytime. We phoned, emailed, messaged our travel agent numerous times and also phoned Vietnam Airlines a dozen times without being able to speak to anybody. We had purchased business class tickets for our return to Australia. We were eventually able to secure economy tickets from another airline to fly home via Singapore. Since our return we have sent numerous emails. Our travel agent informs us that Vietnam Airlines have stated that they will not refund 'partially used tickets' and because we got ourselves to Europe, they don't have to refund us. They recorded all non-Vietnamese citizens as 'no-shows', despite the fact that we were not permitted to reach the check-in counters. It is three months on and we have been told we will not be able to receive any refund for our flights; despite the fact that is was their responsibility to board us or arrange alternative flights for us. The airlines are to their detriment, incredibly poor communicators; the irony of yelling at passengers whilst continuing to welcome us to travel again. Unfortunately, there is no chance we would use this airline again, nor would we recommend them.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Ho Chi Minh City,
Date FlownMarch 2020

"told me that I won't get any refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with Vietnam Airlines before the covid crisis. As so many flights, it got cancelled, not their fault at all. They offered me a rebooking, which I had to pay an additional fee for. Now they cancelled my second flight, too, and told me that I won't get any refund, not even a voucher. This is unacceptable, they keep my money, make me pay a fee for a flight change and now keep that too.
RouteTokyo to Hanoi
Date FlownMay 2020

"it’s hard to get your money back"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My flight is supposed to be a round trip. When Vietnam Airlines cancelled my flight back, they only want to refund me MYR42. That is not even a ticket price. So, I wanted a ticket change, they charged me 20€ only to cancel the flight again. I asked for a refund, and they want to refund me only MYR127. I refuse to accept that Covid19 is the reason because they only canceled part of my flight. If they can fly from KUL-SGN, and cancelled SGN-FRA without wanting to refund me, then it isn’t even Covid19. So I do not know why they won’t refund me what I have rights to. How could they just refund me such meagre amount? It is unacceptable. Also, they haven’t replied me after I tried to contact them many times. I have spent so much Skype credits to contact them but all was in vain. They have nice in-flight comfort and all. However, when faced with issues like this, it’s hard to get your money back or even to get an answer from them.
RouteFrankfurt to Kuala Lumpur via Ho Chi Minh