VietJet Air

"Very disappointed overall"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. Terrible pre-flight experience. Was delayed by over 1 hour at HCM. Departure time from HCM was almost the time we were due to arrive at Hanoi! I write this review as I sit and wait to board another Vietjet flight from Hanoi to Yangon - also delayed. Take off was due at 17.15 - it's now 17.12 with now sign of even boarding the plane. I had hoped my experience from HCM to Hanoi was perhaps an isolated incident but not to be. The flight itself (once we got going) was fine. Attentive staff. Very disappointed overall.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hanoi

"flight was delayed"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City flight was scheduled for 20:15. When we checked in, flight was delayed till 21:45 with no gate info. At 22:00 an update on the board said flight was scheduled at 23:15, but still no gate update. We’re still waiting at the airport, it is now 22:15.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2017

"upset by the lack of service"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City. This is the first time I am flying with this airline and I just have to mention how rude the staff is - especially at check in. My experience was beyond normal. After explaining my situation, the lady at the counter refused to check me in and left. Her colleagues had to take her over. When I wanted to speak to the manager or team leader there was no one. I am extremely upset by the lack of service. This will be the last time flying with this air company.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seat is quite comfortable"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Danang. The interior of the aircraft is quite spacious.  The seat is quite comfortable. Fabric seats and details are still quite new.  When I got on the plane, I felt quite cold so I asked the flight attendant a blanket and I slept better. I would like to comment on the food on the flight a bit, I feel it a bit sweet. I am looking forward to my later flights. Hope I will have more experience and get good service.
RouteHanoi to Danang

"Very frustrating experience"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Hanoi. Very poor experience at Phu Quoc counter, where they basically don't understand the child priority concept. Having a small baby you usually get to check in in a priority line so that you can be done quickly and then attend to your baby. Not with VietJet Air. They basically make you line up, and when you ask if you can go to the priority line they ask you if you have SkyBoss membership. Their English is so poor that you cannot make them understand all airlines let families with babies go through the business check in. Very frustrating experience.
RoutePhu Quoc to Hanoi
Date FlownDecember 2017

"their services was attentive"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Incheon. I found their services to the passenger was attentive.  I found a skilled-staff at this airline, and they had a polite attitude. I can mention ticket agents and check-in clerks. They worked in a hurry to ensure that passengers didn't have to wait. If I have to comment, I think that flight attendants should smile while all you are working.
RouteHanoi to Incheon
Date FlownNovember 2017

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh city. I flew with this airline on my last days holidays in Vietnam. The outbound flight was ok, but the return flight was the worst flight in my life. While starting descending towards Ho Chi Minh city the pilot accelerated and the flight dropped at least 20 meters then it continued to swing right / left with many air gaps. It was really awful it almost made me feel sick, there were no turbulence, beautiful sunny day so The worst experience in my life, avoid this airline.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh city
Date FlownDecember 2017

"will nickel and dime for everything"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline. Ground staff are completely incompetent and do not possess any critical thinking skills. Tried to purchase tickets on their poorly designed website for the day of and could not complete the purchase using different computers and cards even though my bank showed temp authorizations. Went to the airport directly to purchase ticket and the lady at the counter was rude, unprofessional and only offered a seat at a premium price (totally not worth it for this airline). Delays occurred on both the outgoing and return flights with no reason from the staff. They will nickel and dime for everything and it is obvious that staff are young and poorly paid - no motivation. I have never flown a LCC such as this and would not recommend it to anyone.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"worth for the budget airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket, just a few minutes late but no big deal, the flight was smooth. I reserved via their website which was very easy to use and was given the option to choose my vegetarian meal with cheaper price in compare without pre-order. Upon arrival they were so courteous and willing to help me out. I was running a bit behind and gave me a priority pass to get to flight on time. It was worth for the budget airline.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Two bad experiences with Vietjet"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. Two bad experiences with Vietjet Air My friend and I picked VietjetAir to fly from Bangkok to Phuket and back since this company operate from Suvarnabhumi airport. From here we supposed to fly back to our home country. On Sunday, November 19, our flight VZ308 was scheduled on 14:30 but was delayed till 17:00 when we have started to board. During that time we were directed to several different gates without any communication with Vietjet Air’s staff. I can accept explanation and excuse but no one from company's ground staff didn't address to us, no speakerphone, no nothing. On official display no accurate info about the flight. On company's application no update, only info was on display in front of gates. However, we finally landed to Phuket after more then 3 hours delay. We heard rumors at the airport that Vietjet Air on that day combined 3 flights in one. Hard to believe. Anyway, after this experience we contacted officials at Vietjet Air receiving from them polite answer saying almost nothing. We thought this cannot be repeated in 6 days when we planned to fly back. Lot of people need to catch connecting flights and we thought this will guarantee punctuality. But that was a mistake. On November 25, our flight VZ301 was scheduled at 13:25 with arriving time to Bangkok at 14:55. We had almost 6 hours to catch connecting flight back to Europe via Doha. But Vietje tAir announced delay: first for 30 min, then for another 30 min when we asked what for, the answer was due to bad weather, heavy rain. We were surprised with this explanation since other companies operate normally at the same time?! What is happening during monsoon season? After this explanation we were told that there is no fuel for the airplane so the plane has to go to another airport to get fuel. During 4 hours before we took-off, we were directed several times to different gates. A bunch of freaked up passengers led by less or completely incompetent personnel. Staff from other aircraft companies looked at us astonished. Plenty of different people from Vietjet Air were on the ground trying to help us. They made confusion to other company at the final gate making additional line to board. When we seated inside aircraft we could not take off since something was wrong with list off passengers?! The man from check in began to sweat. He approached to several passengers asking them to show boarding passes. He spent 10-15 min in aircraft. Passengers started to show dissatisfaction more and more. After 4 hours from scheduled departure time we finally took off. You can imagine what kind of running we, and other passengers from this plane, had at the Suvarnabhumi airport wishing to catch connecting flights. We finally succeeded to board our international flight on time thanks to excellent organization of that company and the airport itself. Since that time at Suvarnabhumi and Phuket airports we noticed different low coast aircraft companies operating domestic flights on time with much more professionalism. If we will go back to Thailand, we sure will never use Vietjet Air again. Experience with this company almost ruined our holiday in that beautiful country.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok