VietJet Air

"Complete malpractice on every level"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Kuala Lumpur. Even giving this airline one star is too high. Constant delays on the majority of flights, rude, unfriendly customer service, and worst of all, they do everything they can to get as much money from customers as possible, when their tickets are not even as cheap as other airlines. Please consider carefully before you fly with them, and opt for another route if possible. Complete malpractice on every level - shocked they are still in business, they should be shut down and taken to court. Does not do the beautiful Vietnam any justice whatsoever.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they denied to compensation"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang. Very bad experience. My schedule was 10h50 but was changed to 11h25, and actually departed 15h13. After many emails, they still denied to compensation as described in their policy. Please never choose this airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Nha Trang
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"representative was very rude"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. The Vietjet Air representative was very rude, really not recommended. I paid my cost for excess baggage, the lady who serve me was very rude, I was too confuse with the Vietnam dong, and she said do i have do a math for you? She argued with me, just because the silly thing. This issue really not acceptable. The other staffs were pretending nothing happened. Really not friendly with tourists.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"1 kilo over on cabin bag"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur. Worst customer service ever. Do not use this terrible airline. Charged 950,000 VND for being 1 kilo over on cabin bag. Staff have no common sense and completely arrogant, then delay, delay, delay. Avoid this airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"changed their policy on visa"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Bali. It is one of the worst airlines I have ever encountered. We were advised on upon check-in Indonesian government changed their policy on visa on arrival for all Chinese citizens. They had to cancel my partners flight and I was able to go due to my country passport was from the U.S.A. I explained, I am the chaperone and interpreter for my partner and needed to ensure their safety in any country we stay or travel. They proceeded to cancel his flight and told me they could do nothing for me as I was able to fly to Bali. This was the logic and unethical standard that was being enforced. They can't communicate in English or Vietnamese and they had no means of financial stability as I am the one paying for the tickets and all arrangements. When addressing the matter with the airport, customer service and corporate office all stated they could not help and reference notes on the system. Until, we went to the Indonesian embassy. They stated my partner was able to go to Bali without any issues and the airport should have done proper due diligence when trying to exercise any rules or guidelines set by the countries. In fact, the rules were applied for anyone who visited China in the last 14 days due to the Corona Virus and it did not apply to Chinese citizens alone. e were able to secure immediately a visa for the incident at the Indonesian government and received a letter from them to fix the issues. Unfortunately, no one at Vietjet wanted to admit to any mistake or to correct or address the matter. Instead, we were stranded to pay additional fees for the incident and I received no refunds for the departure flight.
RouteHanoi to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"2 extra kilos they charged us 30 USD"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Phuket. The worst company in the world, absolutely avoid it. For 2 extra kilos out of a total of 3 bags they charged us 30 USD. It had never happened to me with any other Asian companies.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phuket

"a hassle for bookings"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hue to Hanoi on 4th February 2020 by VJ568 on A321. Airline is a hassle for bookings, additional fees and taxes, and flight changes are extortive expensive to make and implies better to forsake old ticket and buy a new. Tried to postpone my travel a day but they then let you pay for luggage and food once more which in my view is a pure theft. A ticket for 100 dollars will cost you 60 more to change for just 1 leg out of 2. Flights always delayed in this route, this time it became 30 minutes only. Meals sold on board were OK with many options. 40 kg luggage handled well.
RouteHue to Hanoi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not recommend this company"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Delhi. Zero informations about the rules of the company about the transfer flight, never heard before about point to point. With vietjetair it's doesn't work as well and the worst is that you can figure out during check-in in the airport and loose your flight. For this reason we left Vietnam very unsatisfied and for sure we will not recommend this company to nobody. We cannot understand how an international company hasn't the same rules of the others.
RouteHanoi to Delhi

"such an awful airline"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Chiang Mai with VietJet Air. My luggage was 4 kg over. I would have been OK about paying a reasonable overweight fee (although it was fine on my flight out and weight allowances and penalties were not very clear when I booked). Before I could even establish what that was the two men checking the weight had started to behave in an aggressive manner as if I had done something criminal. Despite maintaining a respectful attitude towards them and the other airline staff they continued in this unpleasant fashion, to the point I thought one of them was going to start physically pushing me, and I decided I would rather leave the overweight part of my luggage instead of giving such an awful airline any more of my money.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Chiang Mai
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"airline is truly the worst"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Hanoi. Worst airline I have ever been on. Vietnam offers on-arrival visas, but this airline would not allow me to board until I paid $250 US dollars for an express visa online. They did not tell me to purchase one via email before my check-in process. When I asked for assistance in buying one online, the staff were extremely rude. When finally purchased, the manager said I purchased it from the wrong website. When he pulled up the "correct" website, it was the exact one I had used. They wasted so much of my time that I missed my flight and they refused to allow me to check-in. I missed my flight, lost money on my hotel reservation, and an adventure experience I had booked in Vietnam. I hope this airline goes out of business because this is the worst business model I have ever seen. I am a very frequent traveler and have been to 20 different countries in the past 6 months. This airline is truly the worst I have ever been on.
RouteTokyo to Hanoi