VietJet Air

"Worst airline in my life"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. Worst airline in my life. We had a connecting flight to HK with Vietjet. The plane arrived late by an hour. By the time we arrived at HCMC, the boarding desks were closed. We were told to take our main luggage as hand luggage and run to the gate with 5 to 10 minutes on hand. It is impossible to pass through passport, customs and buses within that time. We also had a few liquids in our bag. We just could not make the run. They then turned around and said our refusal to remove the liquids from our bags is our fault. We missed the flight. They shifted the blame for their plane being late to us. These both flights were with Vietjet. This excuse and pushing of blame is so unethical. I would never recommend them nor would I ever travel with them again.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City

"competitive price ticket"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Hi Chi Minh City. I am quite impressed on the quality of Vietjet Air that offered me the very competitive price ticket and the service during my flight. Website of booking was easy for me to use. Staffs in checking in counter and in flight were helpful.
RouteSeoul to Hi Chi Minh City

"I would avoid Vietjet"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Hanoi. I would avoid Vietjet at all possible. A short flight ended up being extremely expensive. If you have to fly with these horrors then use a travel agent who can negotiate the labyrinth of default fees etc. It didn’t help that the cabin crew were quite rude.
RoutePhu Quoc to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Worst airline I've taken"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. Worst airline I've taken. Ground staff are rude and doesn't have any sense of customer service! She asked both of us to weight all carry on including my briefcase and my girlfriend's purse. Then she forced me to check in one of the carry on and charge $30 extra. I've been traveling for business my whole life and been using the same carry on and never ever have problem with it. This exception only with Vietjet air. And worst yet, the flight delayed by 2 hours and I asked what are they going to do about it. "we can't do anything about it" she replied.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"wait overnight in a cold airport"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. I arrived at the airport on new year's eve to find that my flight had been cancelled and the airport closed. Both the airport and the airline continued to show the flight as scheduled. Thai passengers had been contacted to inform of the cancellation, but foreigners not. There was not one member of staff from the airline there. They didn't answer the helpline phone number, despite numerous calls, nor answer Facebook messages. We discovered that the airline had known of the airport closure long before, but had continued to sell tickets. We received no accommodation, meals or transport, and were left to wait overnight in a cold airport. To this point I have received no compensation nor an apology.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"departed almost 6 hours late"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Seoul. The airplane departed almost 6 hours late and we had to stay on board all the time. The pilot's announcements were hardly understandable due to his English level or pronunciation. After around 4 hours, all I understood was: Please wait. That was all. Another point that made the experience even worse was that the food was sold out after a while. I sum it up: No food during a total time of 12 hours inside a plane and no clear information. The flight back was also delayed for one hour. The ground service staff seemed to be very stressed and they seemed uncoordinated. The flight was cheap but not worth the price. Furthermore, we did not receive any voucher.
RouteHanoi to Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2017

"delayed for around 5 hours"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. Our flight was originally scheduled to depart at 4:45PM on Dec 30th, 2017. Around noon, I decided to check our flight status just to confirm, I found out that our flight got moved up one hour, 3:45pm. Around 2PM, my hotel receptionist notified me that my flight got delayed for around 5 hours, 9:10PM. I then went to the Phu Quoc airport to see if they could arrange me a new flight and possibly tell me what on earth happened. When I got there, there was already a huge line for Vietjet customer service counter. The customer rep told me that there was nothing they could do about it and they agreed to compensate each passenger 200k vnd. Fortunately, I did not have any connecting flight after otherwise this would be a much worse disaster.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City

"Very disappointed overall"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. Terrible pre-flight experience. Was delayed by over 1 hour at HCM. Departure time from HCM was almost the time we were due to arrive at Hanoi! I write this review as I sit and wait to board another Vietjet flight from Hanoi to Yangon - also delayed. Take off was due at 17.15 - it's now 17.12 with now sign of even boarding the plane. I had hoped my experience from HCM to Hanoi was perhaps an isolated incident but not to be. The flight itself (once we got going) was fine. Attentive staff. Very disappointed overall.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hanoi

"flight was delayed"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City flight was scheduled for 20:15. When we checked in, flight was delayed till 21:45 with no gate info. At 22:00 an update on the board said flight was scheduled at 23:15, but still no gate update. We’re still waiting at the airport, it is now 22:15.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2017

"upset by the lack of service"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Ho Chi Minh City. This is the first time I am flying with this airline and I just have to mention how rude the staff is - especially at check in. My experience was beyond normal. After explaining my situation, the lady at the counter refused to check me in and left. Her colleagues had to take her over. When I wanted to speak to the manager or team leader there was no one. I am extremely upset by the lack of service. This will be the last time flying with this air company.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh City