VietJet Air

"days sitting at the airport"

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang. My flight to DaNang was delayed 3 hours without any prior notice even though they were fully aware of it. Their reason for all delays was plane came in late. On the way back, we purchased the ticket for 9 ppl to depart DaNang at 16:45, so we made plans for that morning. Without any notice, they bumped us to 11:00 flight, if not we have to take 0600 or 2200 flight that day. So we took the 11:00 flight to the airport, guess what, when we got to the airport our flight was delayed. Not only did we lose money for plan that morning but also both days sitting at the airport wasting my valuable time, which I don’t have when we travel across the globe. It’s aggravated in every sense.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang

"Terrible customer service"

(Japan)

Not Verified | I have flown on many budget planes, but this one was by far the worst. Terrible customer service, flight attendants, seemed like they were in a bad mood all the time! Our flight home was delayed by 3 hours in Saigon, which meant we missed our connecting flight with Vietjet Air in Ha Noi. They tried to say we couldn't fly out till the next day and wouldn't refund our ticket, even though it was their fault for the delay. My husband finally got a manager and was able to get a refund for our flight, so we could book with Vietnam Airlines to get home that same day. Just an overall awful company. I wish I would have read reviews prior to this. The leg room is non existent. and we are not tall people. Husband was 5'7" and spent the entire flight with his knees into the back of the seat in front of him. Pay the extra money and go with Vietnam Airlines, or any other for that matter.
RouteTokyo to Hanoi
Date FlownApril 2019

"pay if you exceed the limit"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | I took a flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. This is the worst airline I ever fly ranting from ground staff, cabin crew, seat comfort, flight experience and punctuality to everything. First, the ground staff is very rude, and unprofessional. When I asked them question, they ignored me. They weight everything you carry on . They will force you to pay if you exceed the limit 7kg. Cabin crew is not helpful but unprofessional. They supposed to depart at 3:50pm but kept us waiting in the flight for 45 minutes before flying at 4:30pm without turning on the air-condition and without any announcement of delay. There are many hidden costs that you have to pay once you fly with them. So why not choose other airline with a bit higher price with good services and a final price?
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"I would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh city to Danang. Having the domestic flight today to Danang, the staff was rude and unhelpful to client, I had to line up for three times for small adjustments. By the time we got to the gate for boarding, they announced the flight was delayed for 2 hours. This is the first time also the last time for taking Vietjet Air. As an Vietnamese, I would not recommend to travel by Vietjet Air.
RouteHo Chi Minh city to Danang

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Hong Kong. Disorganized check in, terrible customer service, and a delay! Don’t fly with them. Put the extra money towards another airline and save yourself the heartache of trying to deal with VietJet.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hong Kong

"3 flights were delayed"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | From the 4 flights, 3 flights were delayed with more than half an hour. Rescheduled or late arrival. And nobody cares. I am now in HCMC airport, and only 2 flights are delayed. Both Vietjet Air. This is sure not a coincidence.
RoutePhuket to Nha Trang via Ho Chi Min City

"Worst service ever"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Phuket. Worst service ever. I flew with this company multiple time and not once were they on time. Staff is rude. I will never fly with them ever again. At the check-in counter, 2 staff girls said the counter was closed to foreigner, but would reopen it for Chinese people. Horrible airline!
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phuket

"has the worst service"

Trip Verified | Vietjet has the worst service I have ever seen in my life. Flight cancelled and delayed without prior notice. I have another international connecting flight, not sure whether I can catch my next flight. Carry on baggage 7kg but my one was 8kg. I had to buy 15kg check in for 1kg extra. On another occasion I booked flight with wrong dates, they haven’t refund a single cents, I had to buy the ticket with double price.
RouteNha Trang to Ho Chi Minh

"Very poor performance"

Trip Verified | My girlfriend booked us a flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok which became quite a charge compared to Nok Air & Thai Lion for extra add-ons like seats and luggage. No online check-in available and three very chaotic lines at the check-in desks as two agents were calling out through each other with no clear message. A very long long wait for security too as there were tons of flights delayed due to thunderstorms in Bangkok (did not know at that time). During our wait, a lot of mixed up announcements made for our flight VZ 107 and another very long delayed flight VZ 105. Airline did however not announce a delay of 1 hour at any time and simply said retimed on one of the screens. Eventually departed about 50 minutes late with a very very poor legroom (Never seen it so worse). Limited buy-on board too and about an hour into flight, the pilot reported that we would be on ground in 15 minutes (scheduled flight was about 1 hour 15 min). Never announced himself again and about 45 minutes later than he said, we landed with a total of 2 hours of flight time. Remote stand, so deboarded by bus in pouring rain. Very poor performance, though flight attendants were great.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Worst airline I have traveled"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Worst airline I have ever traveled. When I arrived at the checkin counter 40 minute before the departure time they said you have to come 45 minutes before the flight. Now you have to buy 1800 Baht more for 3 passenger to catch the next flight (06:00 pm). But in ticket it was mentioned 40-50 minutes in advance have to reach. As I had to go I paid them. Then the flight was 2 hour late. It was supposed to leave Suvarnavumi at 6:00 but flight came at 7:30 pm and left at 8:00 pm. Nobody from the Vietjet came to give an explanation for delay and say sorry. Even the attendance in the counter just say delay bla bla and no sorry no explanation. I was totally exhausted with my family as we traveled from Tokyo to Bangkok same day. I wanted to reach Phuket a bit earlier after evening , wanted to take some rest in hotel and then go for a walk. But for Vietjets delay I arrived hotel at 12:30 am and my plan was failed. I asked airport information counter about Vietjet and they said Vietjet delays everyday. To my surprise when I was returning from Phuket to Bangkok they were also delayed for 1 hour 30 minute. What a fucking airlines. I will never travel in Vietjet air. I would recommend other passengers to spend some more extra money and travel by another airline.
RouteBangkok to Phuket