VietJet Air

"terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Terrible airlines, should never use their services. I have heard the annoying things about their services, long-hours delay, poor attitude staffs anf customer services. I have to buy the ticket from them as I was urgently need to flight and tickets from others airlines were sold out. However they cancelled my flight the day after my purchase without any notification in any form. I have to reach them by phone to have my refund and deal with terrible customer service. They had not only bad attitude but also not willing to refund me money but coupon. I deeply regretted choosing their airlines and never want to be with them anymore in the future. Highly recommend you guys to choose other airlines aside Vietjet if possible.
RouteNha Trang to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownAugust 2021

"very disappointed with the service"

Not Verified | They were not flexible with the worsening COVID-19 situation in Thailand whatsoever. In a time when funds are tight for almost everyone, it should be especially important to offer flexibility. They are offering no refunds for things that are out of people's control and instead only offer either credit or change the flight once. Not even the other options are "good" options. Credit time is short and you can only change the flight once (but the covid situation keeps changing!). I do not live in Thailand and therefore am completely losing the money because I cannot reschedule. They have not been helpful at all and I am very disappointed with the service.
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani
Date FlownJuly 2021

"don't fly and don't refund"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Vietjet Air cancelled our flight and rebooked 2 days later. Then they cancelled again and rebooked 3 days later. Note this new date was still unconfirmed. We cannot wait anymore. Booked with another company and asked for a refund and they refused. They are a complete scam. They sell ticket, don't fly and don't refund. Avoid at all cost.
RouteDa Nang to Hanoi
Date FlownJuly 2021

"The worst of the worst"

Not Verified | The worst of the worst. Flights are always delayed. If they cancel your flight, or you have to cancel because another flight of yours is canceled (I had to fly with them and take another flight from HCMC but another company canceled all their flights) Vietjet will not refund your money. The worst of the worst, definitely. Never fly with them again. It's better to take any other flight. The service is poor as well, they have like 1000 staff and none of them are capable of doing things professionally and quickly.
RouteHanoi to Nha Trang

"take any other airline"

Trip Verified | Terrible company. Charged for luggage we didn't have, just because we asked about it! Terrible company. We called up to enquire about taking extra luggage. It was very expensive (350THB per kg) so we didn't go ahead, and we sent it with Kerry Express instead. When we arrived at the check-in desk they insisted we pay for the extra luggage that we'd asked about by phone! We explained that we didn't go ahead with that, and sent it by Kerry Express instead but they wouldn't let us check in without paying. I've never heard of a company charging you for something just because you enquired about it!?! Exactly the same thing happened to another family at the ticket counter next to us too. So this isn't a one-off. The staff were rude and completely unaccomodating. If you have an option to take any other airline - take it!
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2021

"everything you get back will be in a cheap way too"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I flew with this airline several times. They are a very cheap airline but everything you get back will be in a cheap way too. So that's fair enough when the ticket price is very low. I give value for money 5/5 but other things 1/5. The website - Terrible UI, everything on the website based on the Vietnamese language. You may sometimes get notified something in the Vietnamese language and have no idea where to go next. I once received an email header that said the flight was delayed but the email content was in Vietnamese plain text. The service is so so, they will get the job done. Don't expect a fast response on social media or email. Ground service - most of the staff look unprofessional, always on their phone not actively asking passengers if we need anything. If you have any questions asking them, they will say only "According to our policy, you cannot." The air crew staff are average, not bad but noting impressive. I really don't care about the air service because I always fly with them only on short routes. If I have to go somewhere for a more than 2hr flight, I will definitely not be selecting this airline. Personally, so far, I have used their services several times, the flight has never been delayed. I never use their luggage service. Summary: Vietjet is a super low-cost airline that you will get everything back in a low-cost way too. If you are going to travel a short time and not time-critical, they are a fair option. Do research more on other airlines if they offer not much different price, pick them, avoid Vietjet.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"The worst experience ever"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Just horrible. The worst experience ever. I booked the flight online and it was mentioned that the luggage is included. At check in desk they say that I have to pay for it. The price was almost the same as ticket itself. This is real scam, show one price while booking and charge extra in the airport. I would have never booked this ticket if I had known the final price. All staff is extremely rude, doesn't know anything and doesn't will to help. They can't speak English properly and were just laughing. During flight itself passengers around me removed the masks and cabin crew did not react. The man behind me was playing the loud games after the announcement to switch off the electronic devices. He kept kicking my seat, sneezing without even a mask.
RoutePhu Quoc to Da Nang
Date FlownApril 2021

"service is extremely rude and nasty"

Trip Verified | Customer service is extremely rude and nasty. Managers are not on-site to help customers concerns or issues. Basically they don’t give a shit about you. All they want is your money. Not at all recommended to travel on this airline. Vietnam Airlines is a little more expensive, but they treat you like a human being. Not like Vietjet air.
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh city

"uneventful short flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Original flight got cancelled, assume due to light load. This departure was two hours later, no complaints. Flight on time, seating ok, uneventful short flight, crew ok.
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the crews quite friendly"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | My flight is VJ740, the flight was delayed for more than 15 minutes. Ground service quite good, the crews quite friendly, I love the menu because there are a lot of foods and the food was so delicious. The footrest was quite narrow, inflight entertainment just had a magazine, no wifi on the aircraft. The flight was quite good.
RouteBuon Ma Thuat to Vinh City