VietJet Air

"worst airline for delays"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Ho Chi Minh City. The worst airline for delays. I have flown with them multiple times over the past few years and every single time there is a 1-4 hour delay in the airport. They also tend to book out a flight, email you several days before the flight to tell you that they have moved the time forward or back by about 6 hours, disrupting your plans. This is presumably so that they can open up another flight and make more money. They don't care about customers plans and don't respond on social media when you ask for assistance. They are often cheaper than other airlines but you end up spending the difference waiting around the airport. Avoid Vietjet Air if you want to make it to your destination within a particular time-frame.
RoutePhuket to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2019

"Last time I will fly this airline"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Ho Chi Minh City. Choosing to fly with Vietjet is a mistake I have made a few times now but won’t be making again. At the start of our holiday our flight going out was delayed, we were told via email a week before the flight. This is something Vietjet love to do. You pay for a flight at a certain time then somewhere down the line before the departure day, the change the flight time. Probably so they can free up seats to sell at the more convenient earlier time. And no on our return here we are in the airport delayed by 3.5 hours. And this is only an estimate so far! No other flight in the airport has any hint of a delay - nope just awful Vietjet! Last time I will be flying with this airline.
RoutePhuket to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2019

"relaxed low budget flight"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. It was the most relaxed low budget flight I had. Service at the check in; very kind, very polite & 1,5 Kg overweight of my hand luggage; no issue. Didn't had to pay extra fee. Delay only 10 minutes. Boarding was Smooth and quick although the flight was fully booked. On board service lovely. After landing in Ho Chi Minh City the luggage came within no time! I had to wait less than 10 minutes. Maybe I was just lucky but I have to recommend VietJetAir and pay them big compliments.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJune 2019

"I was 5 mins late for checkin"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever! I was supposed to fly with them from Phuket to Bangkok on June 10th. However, I was 5 mins late for checkin and they refused me to checkin for the flight, even though I could have easily made the flight (still more than 50 mins to go before departure and it was a domestic flight, moreover the flight was delayed for 30 mins so actually there was around 1.5 hours left before departure). They made me book another flight and I had to pay extra and wait for 4 hours. The next flight that I got was delayed for another 30 mins. So in total I lost about 4.5 hours and had to pay extra for the flight, if I had known this would happen I would have booked with a more premium airline (it would have been cheaper after the added costs of booking a new flight) and I am sure another airline would have let me checkin, as there was plenty of time for me to make the flight.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"we were late to check in"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. The flight got delayed and they didn’t let us check-in (well, we were late to check in but they could’ve helped us since the flight was 30-40mins delayed) so we needed to pay for the extra amount to get on the next flight (which is like 4hours apart) when we can easily make it on time for that flight. And then the new flight that we got was delayed again for 40mins. It’s like the stuff doesn’t want to help us at all. Worst service ever!
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Utterly revolting experience"

Trip Verified | First flight was delayed by 1.5 hours. Missed my Vietjet connection. No refund or book to next flight. Spent night in airport lobby and paid the cost of my ticket again to fly another airline the next morning. They only give 15 kg for checked baggage, and 7 kg for carry on. This is half the norm for checked bags, and no other airline has weighed my carry on before. They charged me an additional $300.00 for my bags (nearly the cost of my 1 way ticket again). On top of this, ground staff and cabin crew were rude and utterly useless. Ordering me around with no please or thank you, and one cabin crew actually elbowed me in the nose during the safety demonstration, looked right at me.. and then said NOTHING. Overall atmosphere was chaos. No lines for boarding. Everyone rushing the gate and pushing/ budding in front of the line. Once on the plane, zero etiquette. Shoes and socks came off. Utterly revolting experience. If I could give negative stars, I would. I told the ground staff who refused to refund my flight that they caused me to miss that this was the worst flying experience of my life, and I would gladly pay their competitors just to avoid giving them any more of my money. I will never fly with Vietjet again.
RouteHanoi to Taipei via Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJune 2019

"not take Vietjet air again"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Kuala Lumpur. Bought two extra check in baggage online, credit card went through and deducted, the website proceeded to print boarding pass page. Wanted to recheck the total check in luggage bought, but not shown on the website. In the airport when dropping baggage, it only stated having one of the two extra check in baggage. Approach to the staff, her attitude was poor. Will not take Vietjet air again. Online website and staff attitude must improve!
RouteHo Chi Minh to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service. During our 1.5 hour flight from Hanoi to Bangkok, no drinks were given out. Anything from snacks, food & drinks must be paid via cash. During the entire flight aside from when they were trying to sell something never once walked around to check on the customers on the plane. I missed my 2nd flight from Bangkok to Phuket because Vietjet’s flight from Hanoi was delayed so I had to pay more to get rebook to the next flight. Check-in for new flight was a mess. Probably will never use VietJet Airlines again even if their prices are low as u end up paying for luggage and that brings price up when I can use a larger & better airline & pay just as much. Really disappointed in Vietjet Airlines.
RouteHanoi to Bangkok

"No service at all"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho chi Minh. This is my first time and will be the last time boarding this airline. The ground service is unacceptable and unknowledgeable. We had a Visa problem, then we rescheduled from VJ802 to VJ806 with the late fee of 2,7778. When we paid the fee, I asked at service counter that we were able to keep our premium seat. She said it couldn't transfer, and never told us to buy seats again. It would be much helpful and save us a trip comeback to buy our seats, otherwise we wouldn't be checked in. (The first airline requests customers buy seats separately). The most disappointing is when I asked why not told me buy seats she replied that "I don't know if you want to buy or not". Does that mean she didn't know check-in rule? I wish if they have 0 star option. No service at all.
RouteBangkok to Ho chi Minh
Date FlownMay 2019

"there are better alternatives"

Trip Verified | This airline is incapable of operating a single flight on schedule. Arrived at the Airport to learn that my flight had been rescheduled to start 2 hours later. Of course I had not received any notification of this. On top of the reschedule it was still delayed by almost one hour. Looking at the departure board, every single VietJet flight from SGN that day was delayed by at least 30 minutes. For my next flight (VJ 506 Da Nang - Ha Noi), according to Flightradar it was delayed by at least 30 minutes on every single departure over the last week or so - so I know what to expect. Clearly this VietJet has been recklessly expanding their route network without any regard for their capability to actually operate these flights. One can only hope that security is not impacted as badly as punctuality. Other than that it's basically your run-off-the mill budget Airline - basic, no-frills service, cabin attendants are hit or miss. On my last flight the guy was very unfriendly, but usually they are quite friendly. Carry-on policy is on the worse side, with 7kg max. Yet, you still find some locals lugging around 2-3 suitcases per person into the cabin. If you want a cheap no-frills flight around Vietnam and can tolerate camping at the airport for 2-3 hours for a 1hr flight, take VietJet. Otherwise, there are better alternatives: Scoot, Jetstar, AirAsia. Even Vietnam Airlines can be quite affordable, especially on domestic routes.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang