VietJet Air

"incompetence and rip-off"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The incompetence and rip-off start when booking. First the booking site is awful and you have to do and redo to get there. For instance you select the language(choice of 5 or so), select the country and, if not careful your phone will have Vietnam code. More importantly options have to be opted out. A rip-off. You select a 600฿ Seat and end up with 1600 because the site booked a 14 kg bag ( on both legs) and a priority check in . Then they add tax airport charges. 600 becomes 1150 and when you pay you get another 100 for your credit card 600฿ Becomes 1250฿. Then you buy an emergency exit for 250฿ - they change the plane configuration and you end up on a normal row while no one is sitting in the emergency exit. Many other faults. These should be enough to discourage any honest person from flying with them.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"they won't see me ever again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | We had a fully paid and booked holiday to Thailand from 16 September, but due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we had to postpone and/or cancel everything. Qatar Airways allowed us to use our tickets at a later stage and the accommodation in three cities in Thailand was cancelled, even though some were paid for and non refundable. Thai Vietjet bluntly informed us that we won't be able to use our tickets at a later stage. Mails from me, to determine the reason for that, was ignored. This, after they stated on their website, that you'll be able to use it at a later stage. I would understand it if the cancellation was due to my wrongdoing, but who could've foresee the pandemic!? Pretty pathetic, they won't see me ever again.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"discourage flying with them"

Trip Verified | The customer service is non existent. Even if you manage to get through their customer service, the commitments/promises made by them will not be upheld. They agreed to refund the total cost of my canceled flights. They agreed this over the phone and in writing (via email). They asked me to wait 90 business days for the refund to be reflected back into my credit card. I waited 90 business days and nothing. I reached out to their customer service and its absolute silence. They don't respond. I'm clearly not the only one affected by this (as is evident by all the negative reviews). I strongly discourage flying with them.
RouteSingapore to Hanoi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not refund my money"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Absolute scam, will cancel your flight and refuse to refund, saying you can use the credit for a later date. When you try to do that, you're unable and at that point it might be too late to dispute the payment with your financial instution. VietJet canceled my flight and refused to refund my money, saying I could transfer the ticket to new dates of my choice. I transferred the ticket to new dates, asking at the same time for a name change on the ticket. I received flight confirmation, which showed the name change I asked for was not completed. I followed up with 2 phone calls and 3 emails to correct this and VietJet did nothing to make it right. VietJet told me I could not board the flight they switched me to, and that they would not refund my money or even issue credit back for the money they took from me. The company seems to have theft as a corporate policy, and I encourage you to book with any other provider both to protect your own money and also to support ethical companies that treat their customers right.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2020

"not yet get any refund"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I purchased airticket from Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), with the payment fully make by Visa. The itinerary very clear stated fare fully pay by my visa, when my wife at Ho Chi Minh international Airport check in counter staff request pay MYR$68 for the 20kg luggage, already proved to her the original ticket it fully pay and furthermore her not use the check in luggage. How can staff anyhow collect money, it she new staff or she don't understand the system check in. Still today not yet get any refund from the Vietjet. Hope Vietjet get the staff well train and this such thing shall not happen again.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Very disappointing airline."

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Very disappointing airline. Vietjet refused to give credit voucher, I unable to visit the country due to Vietnam government policy. They do not value their customers even in covid 19 outbreak.
RouteHo chi Minh to Danang
Date FlownMay 2020

"No user-friendly policy"

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Flight cancelled, no refund. No user-friendly policy. Really bad. I have a refund for the 5 other flights canceled on another company. If you don't use within 180 days, the amount is forfeited.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"Last time I will fly with them"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Saigon. Flight was 2 hours late arriving in Bangkok for return flight. I had previously read that their flight were often late. Booked again from Saigon to Bangkok in March. Again waiting at the airport, but this was to be expected because of Covid 19 problems. Finally boarded aircraft waiting around 30 minutes before we were told we had to disembark because of some mechanical problems. On the bus back to the boarding gate, more waiting, no information given, then finally back on on the flight, no water given. And now no refund for future flight because of travel restrictions due to Covid 19. Last time I will fly with them
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Very frustrating"

Not Verified | Tokyo to Danang. The tickets are cheap, but just be ready to take some risk. I booked two flights for instance where they didn't send me a confirmation or any information about one of them. They sent a lot of emails about the first one, so naive as I was, I didn't properly check my email. On the airport, I was forced to book a new one on the spot. Even though I could prove that I paid for the missing flight, they couldn't retrace it. Months of emailing (service desk and calling several numbers didn't work) went by with them constantly replying after a week or two. Very frustrating, but they agreed in the end in paying it back, minus the 40 dollars cancellation fee. So be sharp when flying with this company and know that you take a risk of them screwing you over. The good part? The tickets are still super cheap compared to others.
RouteTokyo to Danang
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Taipei. Very bad customer support and service. I was supposed to fly on 19 March 2020. Unfortunately, Taiwan gov announced a day before my flight, that non-citizens of Taiwan were not allowed to enter Taiwan due to the 2020 pandemic. I tried to contact them but was unsuccessful. Then tried to contact Skyscanner through which we booked the ticket. After so may emails and phone calls, as other airlines offered options for my other tickets including vouchers and full refund, Vietjet Air response is just merely ‘NO’. The call operator kept saying they could do nothing to assist; it was totally nothing they could do; It’s Taiwan government’s responsibility for it. We didn’t ask for the full refund, we then asked how about the tax and fee, could be request back because I didn’t fly. Again, answer is ‘No’, nothing. And she even tried to argue with me when I said that I was very disappointed of how they treat their clients, there was no support at all meanwhile we tried to contacted them so many times and in many ways. I have never filed with them, and I will never do. The worst airline ever I’ve had.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Taipei