VietJet Air

"rude Vietjet checkin crew"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown VietJet several times in the past, and it has always been a very pleasant experience. However, this morning I encountered the nasty and rude Vietjet checkin crew in Singapore airport. I was willing to accept the fact that they wish to enforce their strict carry-on limit. However, we manage to throw some item away, after go check in again. The staff told us she will go in and check again and her boss will throw for us if overweight and I was no longer accepted this morning
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"baggage fee was miscalculated"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Do not use this airline. Not even an hour into Thailand and I already got scammed by this airline. Their baggage fee was miscalculated and it changed my card the total amount of my actual flight.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"disappointed with such services"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. As I was queuing to check in my flight this morning the staff stopped me and went like: "you need to weight your check in luggage". I followed his instruction, bit surprised with such tone & attitude. He then went on: "you need to pay for your overweight luggage". Excuse Me, I went through hundred of flight before and rarely seen such grumpy face from an airlines staff treating me like I committed some crime. Not exactly being impressed, I told him where is "please" in his customer services, even more shockingly he replied: "I don't need to talk nicely to you, just doing my job" I went to the kiosk to pay for the overweight luggage and raised my concerns but the staffs in the kiosk seems not care. Very disappointed with such services from an airline like Vietjet.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang

"Service onboard good"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Hue on an A320. Numerous emails received prior to departure is confusing as they at a closer look do not make and flight schedule changes despite they are sent as such. Moving departure forth and back triggers numerous annoying and superfluous emails. This time I was lucky and everything went smooth at check-in, flight on time, and luggage handled well. Onboard service good and fresh FA-team manage to serve the whole aircraft several times. Service onboard good, had coffee and a new passion fruit drink, paid less than two US dollars. Fresh team.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hue
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never select this airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | I booked a roundtrip Bangkok to Phuket return. The booking confirmation never said I had to pay for luggage on the flight. WWhen checking in for our return flight, we were told we had to pay 1980 baht. I said my confirmation did not state this. I was asked to produce the confirmation. I requested an internet connection as it was on my computer but no internet connection. The manager was unhelpful and rude. After 1 hour of discussions, I decided I need to pay our miss the plane. To save money on baggage I decided to carry on 1 case as hand luggage. I paid 940 baht. Finding where to pay was an exploration journey - I was told to pay over there (Manager pointing) - I eventually found it on Level 3. Next step was Security where hand luggage was now the problem. My partners make up etc was not allowed. Back to the check-in desk to put this on the plane but it was closed. We boarded the plane just in time. What an experience. The service on the plane was nil. No water nothing. I sincerely advise you never select this airline.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Friendly, attentive attendants"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Siem Reap to Hanoi with VietJet Air. Friendly, attentive attendants, convenient amenities, affordable prices to match everyone's income, brings to customers a wonderful experience. Briefly very good.
RouteSiem Reap to Hanoi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"satisfied with the service"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. The thing that makes me feel great for its services from the airline, ground staff to support me quite well. The food on board is hot and the prices very reasonable, attendants are fun with the friendly attitude makes me very satisfied with the service.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"third class airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Vietjet Air is the most third class airline in the world. Don't ever use this airline. Doesn't allow passengers to check in baggage without paying. Doesn't give a single glass of water free.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"Don't use this airline"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Worst airline I have ever been on, rescheduled our flights multiple times, sent us emails about it while we were on an international flight, waited at the airport for 6+ hours when originally was suppose to be 2. Couldn't tell us which gate until 30 minutes before our flight. I can go on and on and on. Don't use this airline ever.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"good at inflight service"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. I've flown Thai Vietjet many times, and have no worries about them at all. The aircraft are clean and appear to be well maintained, the crew is helpful and speaks adequate English. This is a budget carrier, so you don't get meals, drinks, a frequent flyer program, or lounge access. Since most of their flights are an hour or two, you can live without that, can't you? The areas where they really seem to shine are at the ticketing counter, where the wait is usually very short - faster than about anyone else in the region. They're good at inflight service and getting you on and off the plane. The flight I'm reviewing boarded late, but left on time. It was about 90% full. The seats weren't great for legroom, but they compare well to any short haul carriers in the region. Overhead space filled up, but I think they were able to accommodate everyone. Rear of the plane boarded first, so pick a back seat if you are bringing luggage aboard, They don't seem to enforce their carry on restrictions to strictly. Perhaps the biggest bonus of VietJet in Thailand is they fly in and out of Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is better compared to Don Muang: closer, faster, and cheaper to get to, as well as offering quicker security and immigration lines.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok