VietJet Air

"Terrible customer service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Bangkok. Terrible customer service. Charged me for baggage I did not have. In the end I had to pay as I was going to miss my flight. Often flights are cancelled. Not worthwhile to save a couple of bucks No leg room.
RouteDa Nang to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2018

"impressed with the service"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Seoul. The very good price offered for solo traveler. I am impressed with the service from check in counter to the in flight. Seat is good for the flight of around 5 hours and food is also good since I was up in the air in the lunch time.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cheap fares and good service"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I chose VietJet Air for my Singapore trip because of cheap fares, and good service. Flight attendants are very friendly. You should book tickets near the walkway for more convenience.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City

"delayed without reason"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Hanoi. The flight was delayed without apparent reason hours before the flight, and kept getting more and more delayed. Until it was finally delayed 3h45 (just under 4h for them to avoid giving any compensation). No explanation given. No compensation. Nothing. Except a ticket for food in the worst place. People were hardly speaking English at the airport. And not nice at all. Worst company we flew with.
RouteDa Nang to Hanoï
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I had a very good trip"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. Cheap price but great service. I had a very good trip with VietjetAir last October. On board on time, depart and land very smooth! I was impressed by cabin crew. Their English is good and they're friendly and willing to help you with a smile.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. We ordered these tickets ahead of time and there was no mention of a checked bag fee. When we arrived to the check in counter, we had to pay 1000.00 baht per bag! Not only were we inconvenienced by the fee but we also had to leave the long line and go up 2 stories, wait in another line to pay and then go down stairs and wait in line again to show our proof of purchase so they could release the boarding passes they had confiscated! Worst experience ever! We did not even receive any empathy from the attendant. I made sure to check my future flight plans to make sure we did not have any VietJet Air flights so I could cancel them and change to a different airline. I will never fly with them again, never!
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Big no on this airline"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. I could not check into the flight one day before which I wanted to since I had an extra baggage and wanted to pay for it. Then when I reached the airport I was asked to pay 923 baht for my 17 kg baggage which was 500 baht on the website (for under 20kg check in) and I was asked to go to another counter of the airlines on the first floor to pay. Meanwhile my luggage and passport is at the check in counter with the ground staff. Thankfully I had my wife, god knows how hectic it would be otherwise to carry my hand luggage etc and manage the payment. Back to the check in point while I was handed over my boarding passes the ground staff was extremely rude and I was told it’s impossible that this was the price written on website and I should have called the helpline number. Now in the boarding queue which is 15 minutes after the mentioned time we were asked to wait in the sky walk area which did not have aircon obviously. We could have easily waited at the departure gate. On the plane the seat is extremely small and uncomfortable. The cost comes out equal if not more to a regular airline so no benefits over there too. Big no on this airline if you love yourself and convenience even 1%.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2018

"rude Vietjet checkin crew"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. I have flown VietJet several times in the past, and it has always been a very pleasant experience. However, this morning I encountered the nasty and rude Vietjet checkin crew in Singapore airport. I was willing to accept the fact that they wish to enforce their strict carry-on limit. However, we manage to throw some item away, after go check in again. The staff told us she will go in and check again and her boss will throw for us if overweight and I was no longer accepted this morning
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownOctober 2018

"baggage fee was miscalculated"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Do not use this airline. Not even an hour into Thailand and I already got scammed by this airline. Their baggage fee was miscalculated and it changed my card the total amount of my actual flight.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"disappointed with such services"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Da Nang. As I was queuing to check in my flight this morning the staff stopped me and went like: "you need to weight your check in luggage". I followed his instruction, bit surprised with such tone & attitude. He then went on: "you need to pay for your overweight luggage". Excuse Me, I went through hundred of flight before and rarely seen such grumpy face from an airlines staff treating me like I committed some crime. Not exactly being impressed, I told him where is "please" in his customer services, even more shockingly he replied: "I don't need to talk nicely to you, just doing my job" I went to the kiosk to pay for the overweight luggage and raised my concerns but the staffs in the kiosk seems not care. Very disappointed with such services from an airline like Vietjet.
RouteHanoi to Da Nang