VietJet Air

"very disgruntled passenger"

Not Verified | My family and flew from Ho Chi Minh city to Phu quic and return from Phu quoc to Ho Chi . Furthermore there were no better representatives to announce or inform passengers of the delay and rescheduling of flight times. My family and I will most certainly not fly with vietjet air ever again. A very disgruntled passenger
RoutePhu quoc to Hi chi Minh city
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"worst airline I have ever flown"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. Unexplained 4.20 mins delay that turned into over 5 hours without any explanation or apology Staff uninterested and disrespectful The worst airline I have ever flown with. Avoid at all costs
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"poor service and unprofessional"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Dong Hoi. Vietjet treated me and my friend impolitely. They said they will keep my luggage and my family can come to take it back. But after 1 hour, my family did not receive any support, they said that they don't have responsibility to keep my luggage and get nothing from the Dept kept my luggage. I did call Vietjet 's Customer Service many times, send mails on that day but nothing (they asked me to contact many Department but no support, nothing). If they don't keep, please confirm me instead of saying this way but do another way. Eventually, I and my friend didn't receive any respect from their staff, right instruction. Nothing apparent, poor service and unprofessional and irresponsible
RouteHo Chi Minh to Dong Hoi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"last time I fly with this company"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Hô Chi minh. 11pm, 5 hours delay, no explanation, nobody to help in the airport, no refund, nothing. This is the last time I fly with this company!
RouteHanoi to Hô Chi minh

"Never never again"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Hanoi. Never never again! They say that they allow 7 kilos hangbag. But they didn't say the reality. So when I travel fron Hanoi to Phu Quoc I have my laptop baggage and a small luggage 6 kilos. Everything was ok I didn't pay anything to check in. The girl at check in says you are ok, only six kilos, the laptop bag doesn't count. But from Phu Quoc to Hanoi in check in they say you have a second bag must pay one more bag! 20euro. And when I say if company have different rules in every airport she says I don't understand! Scam company! Never never again!
RoutePhu Quoc to Hanoi

"pay or don't fly"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. Possibly the worst Airline I have had the misfortune to fly with and notoriously late. Received a late message that the flight was delayed so turned around and headed home. Upon arrival at the airport later nothing was mentioned as to why there was a delay or if there were any more delays. I checked in without any problems plus they checked and tagged my carry on luggage. A half empty cabin bag plus my laptop bag. Once again an announcement was made re another delay, this time more than 2 hours. Arrived at the gate only to see passengers arguing with the staff who were demanding to weigh carry on baggage. People were outraged that they had to pay an additional $90 USD for being deemed as "overweight" They slugged everyone with this fee using a block of 1kg to 10kgs over. No warning, no advice from the check in counter upstairs. I argued with the staff who refused to budge. They gave me a choice pay or don't fly. So after two flight delays and zero apology the gate crew added further insult by hitting up passengers for an extra gate fee. I spoke to others on the flight who all claimed they will never fly with Vietjet again.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Bangkok

"Don’t use this airline"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City via Phu Quoc. After I had to buy a checked in baggage at the airport to my connecting flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City because they said there are problems with my baggage, I boarded the plane thinking, at least I am set till Ho Chi Minh City. However, after an 18 hour layover in Phu Quoc (it is ridiculous) when I walked up to the counter to check in to the connecting flight, they told me I have to buy checked in baggage again. Which is ridiculous. It is a connecting flight. What do they think, I change baggage midway? The staff were rude, they barely spoke English, which is unacceptable at a highly frequented tourist destination. Don’t use this airline, it tries to scam you and get your money any ways they can. If I could I would add 0.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City via Phu Quoc
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"never fly VietJet again"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City. The flight was already expensive at $170/pax one way. The flight was 2 hours late, with no updated departure times during the delay. Then there were no buses to take us to the airplane. When we finally got on the plane, the pilot did not apologize or acknowledge the delay. When flying it feels very unsafe, movements are very strong and shaky, I never felt so unsafe in any airline. When we landed the bus wouldn’t let us off, so had to wait further 20 minutes. Utter shambles. Will never fly VietJet again.
RouteBangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"This is the worst airline"

Not Verified | Krabi to Bangkok. This is the worst airline I’ve ever experienced. Our flight was delayed 2 hours. After talking to the ladies at the counter they told us we would be their priority in order to make our connecting flight back home. After we took our seats in the plane, the plane was unable to start so we sat and waited another 30 minutes (if not more) when the plane finally started and we landed they did not have a staircase ready to get us off the plane so we had to wait 20 more minutes. Which was the reason why we are unable to make our connecting flight. We were trying to get help at the Bangkok airport but nobody felt responsible since Vietjet air was not on the floor so we had to wait 5 hours for a representative to show up. After explaining our situation to him he told us to send an email to customer service, but adds that it takes them usually 3 to 5 days to respond! He told us they can’t be held accountable and that they will not assist us, book a new flight or come up for the hundreds of dollars that we lost! We are more than upset and disappointed with this airline and will never use it again! Please do not ever book a flight with this airline. It will end up in a nightmare
RouteKrabi to Bangkok

"hard to communicate"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. The worst airline company ever. Terrible customer service. I wanted to pay for my luggage but their credit card machine doesn’t work, they have only one machine (they are international company) or they just lied to me to get cash. They told me to go outside get some cash from atm machine. It’s really hard to communicate with them.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City