VietJet Air

"airline is below all standards"

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore. My carry-on exceeds 1 pound of weight, which included my small passport bag. They forced us to pay more than $30 to check in my carry-on. Besides, the flight was delayed for more than 2 hours which made us miss our train to Malaysia. This airline is below all standards you can imagine.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Singapore

"Delayed 1hr 45 mins"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Tokyo. Dont do it! I know the price is cheap but please dont. Fly with any other airline. Delayed 1hr 45 mins and that always happen when you fly Vietjet.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Tokyo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"don’t care about their customers"

Trip Verified | I am at Cam Ranh International airport waiting for flight VJ607 to take me to HoChiMinh City. My flight was originally scheduled at 7:00AM then was sent an SMS by Vietjet to change to a 5:00AM flight for no obvious reason. We had to fight with them as we have young children and there is no way we wanted to wake them up at 3:00AM to catch the 5:00AM flight. After much hassling, they agreed to put us on the 10:00 AM flight, When we were on the way to the airport, we were sent another SMS saying flight now changed to midday, after waiting several hours at the airport, another announcement saying flight now changed to 12:30PM. I am really loosing hope of getting to our appointment in HCM city at 2:00PM. Our flight last week from Danang to Cam Ranh was also delayed. Vietjet really don’t care about their customers. Please think hard before you book your flight.
RouteCam Ranh to Ho Chi Minh city
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Worst airline experience ever"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Taichung to Bangkok. Delay 1 and a half hour without any prior announcements and reimbursements. Appreciate how the Thai cabin crews of Thai VietJet trying to help me and the other passenger that got a connecting flight by another airline to Singapore. However the information provided by the source to them about the latest checkin time of my connecting flught was not exactly accurate which got me rushing like crazy for checkin (5 minutes before counter closing time!! Because the initial information panicked me and made almost left my luggage behind in BKK and it turns out that the counter closing time got delayed 20 minutes because of flight delay. To made it worse to get into luggage area I still need to do some paperworks. Also I got the information that the flight delay was caused by computer system maintenance of the airline. Worst airline experience ever! Avoid at all cost in particular if you have a connecting flight. I got lucky because my Singapore flight was delayed too otherwise I would need to rebook my flight.
RouteTaichung to Bangkok

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Singapore. Rubbish airline that always delays the flights, does not announce delays and has terrible customer service. Avoid even if given for free.
RouteHanoi to Singapore

"Absolutely worst airline"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Phu quoc to Hanoi. Absolutely worst airline. The flight was 1,5 hrs late, we had a connecting international flight from Hanoi next. We asked the staff on land and on onboard to notify the staff in Hanoi about our situation and they promised that they did. Then the luggage with a "priority" tag arrived last. We asked a lady at the counter of domestic arrivals to call the international departures and notify them about our situation so they could hold the registration for only 5 minutes more. She promised to do, even took pictures of our passports. When we arrived at our counter it closed and staff told us they didn't receive any calls or notes. It turns out all this time people were just lying to us. Because of this airline we missed our international flight and had to pay for the change of tickets and 1 night hotel.
RoutePhu quoc to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" the worst customer service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Chiang Rai to Bangkok. Had an issue with rescheduling a ticket booked for the wrong date. This airline has absolutely the worst customer service. They don’t answer the phone. If they answer they’re not helpful. If they try to “help” it’s never in your favor. Flights with VietJet Air are almost always delayed. They are cheap, but definitely for a reason. If you try to reschedule, you’re charged the same or more than your original ticket-or, they ignore your calls, emails, inquiries and hope you miss your flight so they can collect free cash. You’re better off just missing your flight and scheduling with another airline (definitely a cheaper option!)
RouteChiang Rai to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst Budget airline"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Singapore via Ho Chi Minh. This is the worst Budget airline in the world! We wanted to take a cheap flight from OSAKA to Singapore via Ho Chi layover for 24 hours. We found out at the airport that we needed a visa and then the VietJet didn’t let us board the flight! We had to Pay $250 for a rush overnight visa for a layover then had to pay $150 for a change fee to HCM and another $150 from HCM to Singapore! And the staff yelled at us when we said we had already paid the change fee once. Please never take this airline and make sure that if you even just have a transit you may need a visa. The airline never told us we needed a visa for 24 hour layover and this experience was the worst flight and most expensive flight I have ever had. We ended up paying almost triple the amount than we originally paid due to all the changes. And the staff are incredibly rude. Never take VietJet.
RouteOsaka to Singapore via Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my flight has cancelled"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. I flew Vietjet Airlines from 02 Jan from HCM City. It's was delayed for 30mins which my flight supposed to be at 3pm to Phu Quoc. Well, this delay is still manageable as I was early. However, while I was about to return from Phu Quoc to HCM City. I realised that my flight has cancelled at 1040am. The airline change my flight to 730am! And I didn't know at all till I checked my email on 05 Jan 20. I know that I couldn't make it in time. I always wake up around 7am as my usual timing. I tried to call the airlines directly and no one picking up my call. Without much thought, I tried to wake up around an hour earlier. I reached Phu Quoc Airport around 650am. I went to the Vietjet Airlines booth counter and asked for the reason on the cancellation of the flight. I was informed only on 01 Jan 20 thru email. Come on! No one is looking at email on Public Holidays isn't it? That was my thought that came. The officer said there are only two opinions, first is to make a refund to me within 2 weeks, second is that I gotta book another air ticket thru other airlines. So I went to ask around. There wasn't any ticket available at that moment. I have to catch up my bus to Dalat at 3pm at HCM City. I was almost lost but still calm. This is not fair. At the grasp of the moment, there is a staff at Jetstar Asia yelled: I have a ticket! At 740am! I rushed over immediately to grab that last ticket. Paid around SGD$125. But what to do. I'm up to no choice, isnt it? Then I wrapped up every bit of my energy to rush to the belt. Just another 10mins to go. I manage to get on the plane. When you wanna book a air ticket to PQ, do think about this. Just beware. Ticket can be cheap from Vietjet.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City

"Absolutely outrageous"

Trip Verified | Da Nang to Ho Cho Minh City. Their ridiculous 7kg carry on weight policy is extremely inefficiently managed as everyone essentially ends up having to wait in 3 separate lines to pay extra to check all their carryon bags. They forced me to pay 330,000 dong to check my carryon (about $13 USD). Then upon arrival, despite it being a direct, short, domestic flight, they managed to lose my bag. The manager told me that they will only pay 200,000 dong (less than $10 USD) as compensation for a lost bag. Then I asked if I could at least get back the 330,000 dong they made me pay for the privilege of having them lose my bag, and they refused this too. So not only do they keep the bag they keep the money too, to add insult to injury. Absolutely outrageous.
AircraftAirbus