VietJet Air

"service is extremely rude and nasty"

Trip Verified | Customer service is extremely rude and nasty. Managers are not on-site to help customers concerns or issues. Basically they don’t give a shit about you. All they want is your money. Not at all recommended to travel on this airline. Vietnam Airlines is a little more expensive, but they treat you like a human being. Not like Vietjet air.
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh city
Date FlownMarch 2021

"uneventful short flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Original flight got cancelled, assume due to light load. This departure was two hours later, no complaints. Flight on time, seating ok, uneventful short flight, crew ok.
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the crews quite friendly"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | My flight is VJ740, the flight was delayed for more than 15 minutes. Ground service quite good, the crews quite friendly, I love the menu because there are a lot of foods and the food was so delicious. The footrest was quite narrow, inflight entertainment just had a magazine, no wifi on the aircraft. The flight was quite good.
RouteBuon Ma Thuat to Vinh City
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"don't want use this airline anymore"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I came to the airport early to make sure everythings fine you know what i came there with my luggage and guitar, one of the staff told me that i can't do as a hand carry my guitar why not i told him he said that company's rule but for that rules i didn't read anything that i can't do as a hand carry my guitar? So i need to check in and paid 1031 bhat for that! much more expensive than to my plane ticket. This is my first time i didn't take my guitar as a hand carry and i told him what if my guitar is broken? Your company pay it? He said no. really? So cute this company. I don't want use this airline anymore. Even the staff can't explain properly that's I'm so upset.
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"gave the wrong time and the gate"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | On January 9 2021 my mum bought a Ticket to Chu Lai which Between Quang Ngai and Da Nang, When I and my family of 8 (include me) were heading to the airport, we were soon 2 hours, but when we check-in the staff gave ticket too slow. And Check-in staff gave the wrong time and the gate, When my family didn't notice I raise an alarm for my family that it's gate 21. While the aircraft land, it lands a bit smooth.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Chu Lai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I was scammed on the baggage charges"

Trip Verified | I was scammed on the baggage charges. First issue was that because I flew from Can Tho there was online checking unavailable. Therefore I wasn’t able to go through all the steps of seat choosing and baggage fees. I went to airport with my wife. We were 6 hours before scheduled departure. Straight away I went to VietJet to ask about checking in as I was worried I wasn’t able to do it online. We had 2 large suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage. I nicely asked how would I check in as I wasn’t able to do it online. I was told I am too early and have to wait until 2 hours before departure before I can do it. Therefore we went to have some meal and waited for our time. When the time came we went to VietJet as advised by their staff and wanted to check in. There we were told that we have to pay 1.1 million VND for the baggage because we didn’t buy it in advance. When I said I went for the advise 4 hours ago and was told to wait and I’m not happy to pay they said we will not fly with this baggage and issued us only tickets. I went back to that exact woman asking why didn’t you tell us we have to pay for the baggage now but instead you told us to wait 4 hours. She was very unpleasant and said we should have known that without her telling us. Without any other option left I had to pay 1.1million for 2 pieces of 20kg each baggage. I would like also complain about their website. Things there are not clear. You are not being guided properly. Once unable to online check in you should be told what to do next. I guess this is how they decided to make their money. Avoid avoid and avoid again!
RouteCan Tho to Dalat
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"worst airline I have ever used"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Cát Bi to Tan Son Nhat . The worst airline I have ever used. Will never use them again. We wanted to flew back from Haiphong to Saigon, however when we arrived at the airport the flight had been canceled, we hadn't been informed as well, hotline didn't work.
RouteCát Bi to Tan Son Nhat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Poor customer service and poor policies"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | My friend booked my flight under my married name, not realising only passport still uses my maiden name and we had huge hassle trying to change it. The airline didn’t respond to emails and the phone number never connected after several attempts. We arrived early to the airport expecting a fee for the name change but instead were ordered to buy a new ticket and new luggage since my checked luggage was under the original booking. Total almost 2000 Baht which was completely unnecessary and caused ridiculous stress. The check in counter attendants wore Christmas hats but boy did they lack any Christmas courtesy let alone any customer service skills. They were rude and had one answer for everything.. ”no can, company policy”. My friend also had tried to pre pay checked luggage and was unsuccessful in her attempt. On the day, they charged her 1100 B for 1 case which is ludicrous. Clearly this airline is struggling financially but I can tell you, it won’t be around in a year’s time. Poor customer service and poor policies.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2020

"nothing good about this airline"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Flights rescheduled. Chose this airline just because of their departure time (I’m traveling with a baby, so I tried to schedule the flight to my baby’s nap time). VietJet offer flights to Phuket (from Bangkok), an hour a flight which at that time I thought was incredible. Turned out, it seemed like they tried to fool people that they offer a lot of flights with different departure times, but in the end all those flights are combined into the same flight. Booking number doesn’t work on their website, had all the booking number, but can’t do anything about my flights on their website. (I wanted to book and pay for additional luggage) - called the call center dozens of time, wait more than 10 minutes every time, and they never picked up my call. I sent an email asking to book and pay for an additional luggage. Told them on one picked up my call, yet they insisted me calling the same number to make a payment. Again, called them dozens of times; no one picked up. - Booked and paid for 3 persons, but upon checking in, the data showed only 2 person and I had to go through their process, which took about 1 hour, just to confirm my payment. Since I couldn’t call and make a payment for an additional weight, I packed my luggage light (even I’m traveling with a baby). However, I had to pay for the weight I didn’t carry, or else I wouldn’t be able to check in.at that time I thought “ That’s it. That’s enough. I had had enough, I’ll just pay and get this thing done”, so I paid. Now that armed me whose stuff are in the bag? I said all 3 of us (my wife my baby and I) are sharing the same bag. You wouldn’t believe what the ground staff told me. “Passengers are not allowed to share the same luggage”. A father, a mother, and their baby can’t share the same luggage? That’s’ it; I yelled at the staff and told them how ridiculous they are. A moment later, after that staff talked to her boss (yes, she did ask if 3 of us can share the same luggage), everything was ok. I got my boarding pass. Had my bag loaded. On the plane, I had my baby sat on my lap over my seatbelt, and cabin crew walked up and told me “the injury occurred to your baby is not our responsibility” and walked away. She didn’t even wait for my response. Seriously? Is that the first thing you would say when you see a baby in the flight? Not the first low cost airlines I flew, but definitely the first low quality airline I flew. In conclusion, there’s nothing good about this airline apart from the plane arriving safely.
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Every time they did me delay"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The worst ever. I've been flight with them 5-6 times. Every time they did me delay at least 1 hr without truly apologising. The only thing is snackbox at 0.00 am.
Date FlownNovember 2020