VietJet Air

"Flight departure changed"

Trip Verified | Hai Phong to Da Nang. I have not yet flown yet. Couple of days before Flight email sent advising schedule change, with unopenable attachment giving new flight details. I have now received check in email. Flight departure changed from 10.55 to 18.35. Rubbish.
RouteHai Phong to Da Nang
Date FlownDecember 2018

"denied to check my husband in"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. When I tried to check my husband and I in for our 6 am flight from BKK to Phuket for a short trip, VietJet air denied to check my husband in saying his name did not match his passport because we left out his middle name. The only way for him to board is getting a new ticket. This did not make any sense because I did not include my middle name either and they checked me in without questioning my identity. Now mind you that, we just flew in from Detroit to Paris and to Bangkok with the same passport even being granted entry through Thai government, without any issue regarding my husband’s middle name. We requested to spoke to a manager. It took a good 15-20 mins for the manager to show up. The manager was not understanding and helpful at all. He merely told us the same thing and offered no assistance. I requested to see documentation regarding the middle name, the manager browsed through his phone for a good 10 mins and couldn’t pull it up to see me. When I finally had enough and decided to record the conversation, the manager refused to speak to us and sent airport securities and police to remove us. This horrifying experience shook me to the core. A low budget Vietnamese airline removed my husband from me in Thailand. I was forced to fly to Phuket alone.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"Always late"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. I am used to low cost companies in Asia and VietJet Air is the worst. Always late. My last flight was delayed 5 hours on the outbound flight and 2hours on the way back. No excuse from crew. Poor service. Not recommended. Better to take Lion Air, AirAsia or Nok if possible.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never been so disappointed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. As a regular traveler in Thailand, have never been so disappointed in this return trip from Bangkok to Phuket 07/12/2018. First of all we received notification by text message out flight VZ 308 was delayed from 1625 pm to 1905, no reason given! Then after checking in we were advised boarding at 1815 no gate info available?. Then announcement broadcasting another hour delay !! Again no reason given, finally departed at 2030 - but the most disturbing issue was the airline stewardess refused to give my 18 month old baby girl a little milk to keep her calm unless I paid for it. Needless to say I was totally insulted as it was not our fault for such a long delay, on principal they have a duty of care! Which was not displayed at all, Shame on them. Warning for others.
RouteBangkok to Phuket

"unfair and disgusting"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Bangkok. After Booking the flight it was impossible for me to book an extra baggage in the website and the call center never answered the phone. The flight have had a delay of 1:50 hr: in the website, it was written that if you buy the extra baggage at the check in 3 hrs prior the flight, the price would be of 630 baht for 20kg. So we went at the airport about 8:30 am (flight departure was at 12:10) and the check in hostess said we could buy the baggage, but after they took our baggage they said we had to pay 950 baht. That's cheating. We tried to explain that the website said another thing and that was impossible for us to prepay online or by call center, but nothing, we had to pay cause they already boarded the baggage. That's unfair and disgusting. After that, the flight had another delay of 1:20 hr for a total delay of more than 3 hours. That's unacceptable.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2018

"worst airline I have flown"

Not Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. By far the worst airline I have flown with in my life. Paid an initial €12.50 for my baggage but once I arrived in the airport they said “they haven’t received the confirmation email from the online booking company” they made me pay 1000 baht. Even tho I didn’t have to pay on the first leg of the trip. Customer service was so bad, ignorant and rude . They are extremely slow and impolite. I cannot recommend to travel with this airline.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok

"Delayed for no reason"

Not Verified | Danang to Hanoi. Delayed for no reason. Notice 2 hours before by email. I was already on my way to the airport. They took precious time with my family which I didn't see for a year.
RouteDanang to Hanoi

"was a nice experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Hue to Hanoi. It was a nice experience to fly in Vietjet. The aircraft was new, the catering food very cheap and i had a pleasant flight.
RouteHue to Hanoi
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"The staff were not helpful"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Hong Kong. Echo the other poor reviews. Had to pay as my hang luggage was overweight (only 7kg allowed), happy to do this however even though I brought the same bag on my first leg, they forced me to place it in the hold. I requested to pay and take onboard with me but they refused. The staff were not helpful at all. Overall the price is cheap but you get (no service, extremely rude) what you pay for. Would recommend some other low cost airlines but not these.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2018

"worst customer support"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh. Avoid Vietjet for travelling in Thailand and South east Asia, they have the worst customer support of all. There are many companies flying in Thailand with good service. I had a flight to Ho Chi Minh. They send a confirmation mail one week before. But when I arrived to the airport they had advanced the flight 2 hours so I lost the plane. As a bad company, they refuse to take care of any additional cost.
RouteChiang Mai to Ho Chi Minh