VietJet Air

"The worst of the worst"

Not Verified | The worst of the worst. Flights are always delayed. If they cancel your flight, or you have to cancel because another flight of yours is canceled (I had to fly with them and take another flight from HCMC but another company canceled all their flights) Vietjet will not refund your money. The worst of the worst, definitely. Never fly with them again. It's better to take any other flight. The service is poor as well, they have like 1000 staff and none of them are capable of doing things professionally and quickly.
RouteHanoi to Nha Trang

"take any other airline"

Trip Verified | Terrible company. Charged for luggage we didn't have, just because we asked about it! Terrible company. We called up to enquire about taking extra luggage. It was very expensive (350THB per kg) so we didn't go ahead, and we sent it with Kerry Express instead. When we arrived at the check-in desk they insisted we pay for the extra luggage that we'd asked about by phone! We explained that we didn't go ahead with that, and sent it by Kerry Express instead but they wouldn't let us check in without paying. I've never heard of a company charging you for something just because you enquired about it!?! Exactly the same thing happened to another family at the ticket counter next to us too. So this isn't a one-off. The staff were rude and completely unaccomodating. If you have an option to take any other airline - take it!
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2021

"everything you get back will be in a cheap way too"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I flew with this airline several times. They are a very cheap airline but everything you get back will be in a cheap way too. So that's fair enough when the ticket price is very low. I give value for money 5/5 but other things 1/5. The website - Terrible UI, everything on the website based on the Vietnamese language. You may sometimes get notified something in the Vietnamese language and have no idea where to go next. I once received an email header that said the flight was delayed but the email content was in Vietnamese plain text. The service is so so, they will get the job done. Don't expect a fast response on social media or email. Ground service - most of the staff look unprofessional, always on their phone not actively asking passengers if we need anything. If you have any questions asking them, they will say only "According to our policy, you cannot." The air crew staff are average, not bad but noting impressive. I really don't care about the air service because I always fly with them only on short routes. If I have to go somewhere for a more than 2hr flight, I will definitely not be selecting this airline. Personally, so far, I have used their services several times, the flight has never been delayed. I never use their luggage service. Summary: Vietjet is a super low-cost airline that you will get everything back in a low-cost way too. If you are going to travel a short time and not time-critical, they are a fair option. Do research more on other airlines if they offer not much different price, pick them, avoid Vietjet.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"The worst experience ever"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Just horrible. The worst experience ever. I booked the flight online and it was mentioned that the luggage is included. At check in desk they say that I have to pay for it. The price was almost the same as ticket itself. This is real scam, show one price while booking and charge extra in the airport. I would have never booked this ticket if I had known the final price. All staff is extremely rude, doesn't know anything and doesn't will to help. They can't speak English properly and were just laughing. During flight itself passengers around me removed the masks and cabin crew did not react. The man behind me was playing the loud games after the announcement to switch off the electronic devices. He kept kicking my seat, sneezing without even a mask.
RoutePhu Quoc to Da Nang
Date FlownApril 2021

"service is extremely rude and nasty"

Trip Verified | Customer service is extremely rude and nasty. Managers are not on-site to help customers concerns or issues. Basically they don’t give a shit about you. All they want is your money. Not at all recommended to travel on this airline. Vietnam Airlines is a little more expensive, but they treat you like a human being. Not like Vietjet air.
RouteHue to Ho Chi Minh city

"uneventful short flight"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Original flight got cancelled, assume due to light load. This departure was two hours later, no complaints. Flight on time, seating ok, uneventful short flight, crew ok.
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the crews quite friendly"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | My flight is VJ740, the flight was delayed for more than 15 minutes. Ground service quite good, the crews quite friendly, I love the menu because there are a lot of foods and the food was so delicious. The footrest was quite narrow, inflight entertainment just had a magazine, no wifi on the aircraft. The flight was quite good.
RouteBuon Ma Thuat to Vinh City
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"don't want use this airline anymore"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I came to the airport early to make sure everythings fine you know what i came there with my luggage and guitar, one of the staff told me that i can't do as a hand carry my guitar why not i told him he said that company's rule but for that rules i didn't read anything that i can't do as a hand carry my guitar? So i need to check in and paid 1031 bhat for that! much more expensive than to my plane ticket. This is my first time i didn't take my guitar as a hand carry and i told him what if my guitar is broken? Your company pay it? He said no. really? So cute this company. I don't want use this airline anymore. Even the staff can't explain properly that's I'm so upset.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"gave the wrong time and the gate"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | On January 9 2021 my mum bought a Ticket to Chu Lai which Between Quang Ngai and Da Nang, When I and my family of 8 (include me) were heading to the airport, we were soon 2 hours, but when we check-in the staff gave ticket too slow. And Check-in staff gave the wrong time and the gate, When my family didn't notice I raise an alarm for my family that it's gate 21. While the aircraft land, it lands a bit smooth.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Chu Lai
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"I was scammed on the baggage charges"

Trip Verified | I was scammed on the baggage charges. First issue was that because I flew from Can Tho there was online checking unavailable. Therefore I wasn’t able to go through all the steps of seat choosing and baggage fees. I went to airport with my wife. We were 6 hours before scheduled departure. Straight away I went to VietJet to ask about checking in as I was worried I wasn’t able to do it online. We had 2 large suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage. I nicely asked how would I check in as I wasn’t able to do it online. I was told I am too early and have to wait until 2 hours before departure before I can do it. Therefore we went to have some meal and waited for our time. When the time came we went to VietJet as advised by their staff and wanted to check in. There we were told that we have to pay 1.1 million VND for the baggage because we didn’t buy it in advance. When I said I went for the advise 4 hours ago and was told to wait and I’m not happy to pay they said we will not fly with this baggage and issued us only tickets. I went back to that exact woman asking why didn’t you tell us we have to pay for the baggage now but instead you told us to wait 4 hours. She was very unpleasant and said we should have known that without her telling us. Without any other option left I had to pay 1.1million for 2 pieces of 20kg each baggage. I would like also complain about their website. Things there are not clear. You are not being guided properly. Once unable to online check in you should be told what to do next. I guess this is how they decided to make their money. Avoid avoid and avoid again!
RouteCan Tho to Dalat