VietJet Air

"constantly late/delayed"

Not Verified | Have flown a number of times, they are constantly late/delayed or don’t fly at all. You talk to staff and they are too busy doing hair, sleeping or playing games on phone!! Budget airline, absolute joke.
RouteHi Chi Minh to Bangkok

“Appalling airline”

Trip Verified | Appalling airline. We had lengthy delays both on our outbound and return. Our outbound journey was delayed from 22:10 to 01:00 which was bad enough, but our flight back was even worse. For our return journey we were only notified at 18:30 that our 20:55 flight had been delayed until 12:05, then later contacted again to be told it was rescheduled for 03:20. The explanation they gave us when boarding was bad weather in Ho Chi Minh City, which we knew to be to be lies as we have relatives there who confirmed there was no rain in the after 20:00. It seems that Vietjet don’t care about customers’ schedules and are content to delay everyone’s flights until they can fill a plane to full capacity. No wonder domestic tourism is down with service like this. I will personally never use Vietjet again and will recommend to others to find alternative airlines or train service. Being delayed by 6 hours for a 1 hour flight is unacceptable. Especially when you pay a higher fare for a peak time, then get delayed to a time which was available at a much lower price!
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Da Nang
Date FlownJuly 2024

"the most unreliable airline"

Trip Verified | Literally the most unreliable airline, every single flight we booked through Vietnam was delayed. The most irritating part is that they claim to send you a mail intimating you of delay. In some cases they do, but in most cases they do not. Please avoid flying viet jet. You won’t regret it.
RouteDa Nang to Ho Chi Minh

"Don't fly with Vietjet"

Trip Verified | During my flight in business class from Vietnam to Brisbane, I suffered from food poisoning. Upon landing at Brisbane airport, I was taken to the hospital by ambulance without going through immigration and customs. I worried if I missed the flight to Cairns at 8:45 am. I was discharged from the hospital at 5:45 am. My daughter booked a room for me at the Pullman Airport Hotel, but I didn't get a chance to go. Additionally, I needed to retrieve my three suitcases from the international airport. I made multiple trips between the domestic and international airport, finally, I found the hand luggage company. They said they would arrange my suitcases get delivered to my home. But it's been for 4 days and nothing happens. I rang them twice a day and left a message, but they never call me back. I send a complaint email to Vietjet. They sent me an automated response only. Vietjet has never asked me how I was. Don't fly with Vietjet. They are a worst airline company.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2024

"dirty lavatory, expensive food"

Not Verified | Extremely dirty lavatory, expensive food, bought a 350ml water bottle for $2 US, seat is too small. Highly not recommend for anyone. Vietjet Air has a slogan "flight is like", I change to "flight once say goodbye"
RouteSydney to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownJuly 2024

"don’t allow early boarding with Infants"

Not Verified | Absolutely rubbish airline, the lack of customer services or effort to assist customers is worse than terrible. Also the amount of times they change the flight times is ridiculous so keeping track of your flight is an ongoing battle
RouteHanoi to Melbourne via Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownJuly 2024

"baggage delivery service is not very good"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | In mid-June, I had a round-trip flight with vietjet air I departed from Ho Chi Minh City airport and flew to Vinh Airport. Even though it is a low-cost airline, I found the flight service to be quite good, especially the flight attendants on the plane. They communicated and served meals on my flight quite friendly and attentive, just There is one thing that makes me not very satisfied, that is the checked baggage delivery service is not very good, my suitcase was quite scratched during transportation, perhaps this problem lies in the service of the airline. At the airport, it is advised that you wrap your luggage carefully if you have to check it in.
RouteHi Chi Min City to Vinh
Date FlownJune 2024

"unacceptable for any airline"

Trip Verified | We fly Vietjet 4 times in the last 10 days. 2 times delay. That make it 50% delay. For today, original time is 13:50. New time is 17:50 This is unacceptable for any airline. I will not book another flight with this airline.
RouteHà Nội to Sài Gòn
Date FlownJune 2024

"I asked for an upgrade"

Not Verified | Booking: easy through web site. Checkin ok. However, I had selected priority checking and when in the checkin queue, I asked to one Vietjet assistance for the priority check, he instructed to follow the same queue as the others. When checking in, other assistance realized that I should pass through other queue. During checking I asked for an upgrade. I was granted with premium economy. The counter girls issue the new seat and told I had to pay. Usually is the opposite, you are advised about the price before issue the new boarding pass. Price was 1800INR, seems ok so I proceed. No baggage checked. The premium seat is the same as an eco, there is no difference, width all the same. Seat distribution is 9 seat abreast per row. Ie, high density for an A333. I also realized the business was empty, when asked the assistance, they declared it was empty by purpose and not allowed to upgrade to business. Service low cost. There are not even pillow for the passenger despite it was a night flight. No IFE or wifi, or USB charging point. I have no intention to fly again in Vietjet except is no other option is available or is much price convenient. Positive was the times that were met.
RouteDelhi to Hanoi

"keep changing the time"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | The worst ever. Just keep changing the time and delaying, even 3 or 4 time changes for 1 flight. Also air crew were impolite and rude to me Nothing good to say about this airline.
RouteHochiminh to Da Nang