ViaAir

"flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | Not heeding the advice of all the bad reviews for this airline, we purchased tickets given the good price. We were notified the day prior to the departure that the flight was cancelled. No explanation and just told a refund would be issued.
RouteAustin to Birmingham
Date FlownMay 2019

"waste of time and money"

Not Verified | I had a round trip scheduled from Jackson to Orlando. Two days before my departing flight I received an email stating my flight was cancelled. No reason, no info on refund, nothing other than being told my returning flight was confirmed. I called the customer service number attached to the email and it goes straight to someone's voicemail. I got in touch with the MS airport authorities who contacted ViaAir. They were told by a rep to have me contact them through Facebook for a response! After two days waiting for a response through all the mediums I contacted them through, I received an email simply apologizing for the inconvenience. I arrived at the FL airport for my returning flight (that I was told was confirmed) and waited 20 min at the ViaAir desk and saw not one person. I then contact the airport information to be told my returning flight was also cancelled with no reason (and this time, no email in advance). The lady at the information desk told me they didn't even send employees in today for work because they cancelled the flight. So no rep to even answer questions available. Do not book, waste of time and money!
RouteJackson to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"cancelled the flight"

Trip Verified | I booked a round trip flight on January 20, 2019 from Baton Rouge to Orlando for a trip beginning on April 21. The airline cancelled the flight in February, yet never contacted me. I found out about a month later from someone else. I spoke with customer service on March 31, who issued a refund receipt and said he initiated a refund with my credit card. I contacted them again on April 6, and was promised a refund; promised again on April 15. I spoke with AMEX on April 16, and no refund was ever initiated. I told Via this, and they sent me another refund receipt and said they’ve sent it to my credit card. I’m not holding my breath. Fortunately, AMEX issued a statement credit and will handle it from here.
RouteBaton Rouge to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2019

"exceeded expectations"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Jackson. I am a frequent traveler and have flown my entire life. My mother is a Delta flight attendant of 36 years and when I was young she would take me on her flights (I had flown over 100 times before the age of 2). Given this background, I am very particular when it comes to my air travel. Going into flying with Via I had my reservations as I normally stick to the main carriers, but their service and in flight experience greatly exceeded both me and my fiancé's expectations. Would gladly fly with Via Air again and look forward to the next chance I get to fly with them!
RouteOrlando to Jackson
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"initial 4 hour delay"

Trip Verified | Austin to Oklahoma City. Writing this review from the car of one of my fellow Via passengers as we’re currently driving to Oklahoma City from Austin (6 hours) because after the initial 4 hour delay, the plane arrived and had a door malfunction that was a minimum delay of 2 more hours with no assurance that they wouldn’t have to cancel the flight. So we decided that there was a greater chance of making it to Oklahoma City if we just drove instead. Hopefully they’ll refund our money. Too bad they won’t reimburse my lift.
AircraftUnknown
RouteAustin to Oklahoma City
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never be booking Via again"

Trip Verified | I would give them a zero, but that's not possible. My one complaint about the booking process was that there was no definition online about the size of a personal item. However, I didn't even get the opportunity to have a flight experience. My Thurs/Sun flights were cancelled the Tuesday before my departure. The only explanation was "schedule change." Their phone number sometimes puts you through to a human, sometimes you're only allowed to leave a message. I was issued a full refund, but was not compensated for the price difference in the Frontier flight I booked ($68 more, departing a day later on both ends of the trip at less convenient times) or for the rental car I had to reserve due to flying into a further away airport ($100, MSY instead of BTR). They offered a travel voucher for $100, but I will never be booking Via again, so I didn't bother accepting it.
RouteSFB to BTR
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | I was to fly out of Austin to Oklahoma City. Flight was scheduled to leave at 12: 15 was delayed 2 hours. At 2: 30 our flight took off and we went to an altitude where we could lower our lap trays at that point the captain came on the speaker and said that we would need to turn back to Austin because of cabin pressure. When we return to Austin we waited another 4 hours and then we're told that the flight was going to be cancelled. At that point we were offered a refund but we're not given the option to use another airline. I ended up having to find another flight out which cost me three times the amount that I had paid. Customer service was awful! I would never recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteAustin to Oklahoma City
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service when there is a problem. ViaAir canceled our flight last minute and told customers to find another way home. They offered to pay for us to get another airline to take us home, which we thought was awesome. After we did this and sent them the receipt they refused to pay it. They first said that all was approved and that they were sending a check. 100 days later and many e-mails back and forth checking on our payment, they then said that they were not going to pay for our flights. There is no way to talk to upper management and their customer service reps do not help you talk to those that make the decisions. Their flight cancellation process was extremely disappointing and they do not do what they say. We will never use this airline again.
RouteHayden to Austin