ViaAir

"initial 4 hour delay"

Trip Verified | Austin to Oklahoma City. Writing this review from the car of one of my fellow Via passengers as we’re currently driving to Oklahoma City from Austin (6 hours) because after the initial 4 hour delay, the plane arrived and had a door malfunction that was a minimum delay of 2 more hours with no assurance that they wouldn’t have to cancel the flight. So we decided that there was a greater chance of making it to Oklahoma City if we just drove instead. Hopefully they’ll refund our money. Too bad they won’t reimburse my lift.
AircraftUnknown
RouteAustin to Oklahoma City
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never be booking Via again"

Trip Verified | I would give them a zero, but that's not possible. My one complaint about the booking process was that there was no definition online about the size of a personal item. However, I didn't even get the opportunity to have a flight experience. My Thurs/Sun flights were cancelled the Tuesday before my departure. The only explanation was "schedule change." Their phone number sometimes puts you through to a human, sometimes you're only allowed to leave a message. I was issued a full refund, but was not compensated for the price difference in the Frontier flight I booked ($68 more, departing a day later on both ends of the trip at less convenient times) or for the rental car I had to reserve due to flying into a further away airport ($100, MSY instead of BTR). They offered a travel voucher for $100, but I will never be booking Via again, so I didn't bother accepting it.
RouteSFB to BTR
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | I was to fly out of Austin to Oklahoma City. Flight was scheduled to leave at 12: 15 was delayed 2 hours. At 2: 30 our flight took off and we went to an altitude where we could lower our lap trays at that point the captain came on the speaker and said that we would need to turn back to Austin because of cabin pressure. When we return to Austin we waited another 4 hours and then we're told that the flight was going to be cancelled. At that point we were offered a refund but we're not given the option to use another airline. I ended up having to find another flight out which cost me three times the amount that I had paid. Customer service was awful! I would never recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteAustin to Oklahoma City
Date FlownAugust 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service when there is a problem. ViaAir canceled our flight last minute and told customers to find another way home. They offered to pay for us to get another airline to take us home, which we thought was awesome. After we did this and sent them the receipt they refused to pay it. They first said that all was approved and that they were sending a check. 100 days later and many e-mails back and forth checking on our payment, they then said that they were not going to pay for our flights. There is no way to talk to upper management and their customer service reps do not help you talk to those that make the decisions. Their flight cancellation process was extremely disappointing and they do not do what they say. We will never use this airline again.
RouteHayden to Austin