Uzbekistan Airways

(Vietnam)

BKK-TAS. Plane interior was yellow with age and quite filthy Toilet paper on the floor and a garbage bag just behind a passenger seat. I was horrified at the conditions. The food was decent but there not much inflight entertainment to speak of - in fact the screens on the left side of the plane weren't working.

(Israel)

TelAviv-Tashkent-Tokyo Osaka-Tashkent-TLV plus TLV-Tashkent-BKK-Tashkent-TLV coach on all legs. Low cost airline means low maintenance in the planes the seats were coming apart the inflight entertainment was only in Uzbek (or Russian). We didn't try their food but the special meals we ordered were awful. Out of the 8 legs only one (the last thankfully) did we feel unsafe and that was because of turbulence. We flew high season and paid about 40% of the regular fare so cannot complain. I would not fly with them if the difference in price was not so huge.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

Delhi-Tashkent-LHR - flew first class as was half the price of usual business class DEL to LHR. Had first class to myself. Old style reclining sprung seats in 767 - reasonable room but not lie flat. No power at seat so laptop ran out of battery which is a shame because in flight entertainment is a couple of poor films on overhead screen. Flight staff excellent even encouraging a visit to Uzbekhistan and showing the best tourist sites. Plenty of food and drinks on tap. Everything to time. Rather bizarrely the only delay was at Terminal Four when had to wait on the air-bridge for 30 minutes until someone opened the door! Overall felt budget compared with traditional carriers but very comfortable which is what I paid for.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

Tashkent to Nukus (domestic) - was scared to board the old TU 154. Seemed to be patched up on the outside no one seems to acknowledge seat allocation and I think I caused an onboard fight by making this woman move from my seat who yelled at me and then the woman in her seat who took it out on the person in her seat and so on. But they did move. Wasn't that cheap considering the plane we were in. Couldn't relax until we arrived. Had some peanuts and flavoured water served to us. Seats folded down forwards when we got off the plane. Security guards in the baggage collection area checking our tickets when we collected our bags. Still it beats the 14 hours train ride when you're on a tight schedule.

(Malaysia)

Bangkok-Tashkent-Bishkek. Flight attendants great. An older plane but was comfortable in Business Class with no other passengers.

(Sweden)

Lahore - Tashkent - Frankfurt in Business. First of all I'd like to acknowledge the work of the flight attendants. They do an excellent job friendly and quite service minded despite the dated equipment. Lahore - Tashkent food is - well that is the question. Supposedly chicken but it could have been anything. Tea was served in a plastic cup with broken ear. But with a smile. Some sort of business-class package given with slippers and sleeping mask. Tashkent - Frankfurt service fine only overhead IFE. I managed to fold down my chair to almost lie-flat - before realising it was because it was broken. My fellow passenger behind me protested with a moan (I would have been louder actually). Planes are old. They were nice 18 years ago when UA started their service. Nowadays it's not so good. But they get the job done. In conclusion it's fortunate I didn't have to pay these tickets out of my own pocket.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

If you book your flight in Tashkent you get what you pay for - basic service that will get you from A to B with no frills. However if you book your flight outside of Uzbekistan the flight prices are ridiculous. I regularly fly LHR-TAS-LHR. If I have my ticket booked in Tashkent it costs approx $350 return - if booked in London costs me about £550 from the airline. I take great issue with the check in at Heathrow. There are 3 check in desks to check in about 300 people. Many of those 300 speak little or no English which makes the process more prolonged and agonising. There is a screen that says "Tashkent- Business class check in". This isn't used for Business class only and even those paying a premium price can expect to wait up to 2 hours to check in. Boarding is as expected - everyone pushes but my experience has been that everyone sits in their allocated seats. Inflight entertainment is poor seats are comfortable and cleanliness is acceptable. Staff vary from helpful to uncooperative. A bribe can be paid ($50-$100) to cabin crew to sit in business class.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

Tashkent - Istanbul - Tashkent. Outbound flight went to plan - satisfactory and no more: a small miracle for this outfit! Then turned up at 12:45 this past Sunday for the return flight only to see nothing listed on the departure board! The Uzbek Air desk at the airport was unmanned and the airport information desk said there was no flight - as printed on my ticket - it did not exist! After wasting the day at the airport turned up at my hotel again and eventually found the city office for the airline on Tuesday - an obscure office tucked away in a dark and dingy building. They photocopied my ticket and said it would be sent to Tashkent for "investigation." How much of an investigation is there for a ticket printed for a flight that does not exist? Phoned them back yesterday (Friday) as they had not called me back as promised! I can indeed fly - but for a fee of 25 Euro! In their view it was my error not to turn up to their office on Monday given that I arrived "late" on the Tuesday. I had not contacted them "immediately". Never mind that nobody was at their airport desk and that airport information tried hard to reach them. Worse the flight that I should have been on - has my ticket been printed correctly- has been cancelled anyway. So either way I would have been inconvenienced! This is an airline that hides behind its books at every corner where customer service is an inside joke. The airline is a microcosm of its country itself.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

LHR-Tashkent-LHR. Check in staff at Heathrow explained as the flight was not full we could have a row to ourselves. Food service okay - lots of it but low quality. Wine was local. Seats okay. IFE very poor. On return the flight was filled with those transferring from Dehli so the plane was full.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

LHR-TAS-LHR economy. When checking in at LHR I was informed that the flight would be making an unscheduled stopover at Paris CDG. The rumour had it that it was to pick up the UZB president's daughter. All this meant the flight to TAS would take 9hrs long 2 hrs longer than normal. Some people confirmed such unscheduled stopovers were quite commonplace. I was not impressed. Inflight service is pretty bad. So bad that when you call the stewardess they do not turn up. Even when they turn up they are so unhappy to be serving you so rude it is quite unbelievable. I did not eat the food that was served so can not comment on that. On the way back I paid the head stewardess $100 to sit in business class. Seats are good not flat bed but of large size.