Uzbekistan Airways

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

I used to travel with my family (incl. children) on a regular basis from Geneva Switzerland to Tashkent and we are particularly satisfied with the quality of booking and ground services we receive from Uzbekistan Airways in Geneva as well with the flight conditions in general on this route.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

HY brings you from A to B. Best not to expect anything else. SHJ-TAS HY332 with A320. On time departure and arrival. No entertainment system. Poor food quality. Crew not motivated. Airplane more or less proper. Toilets rather dirty. Seats standard. TAS-DXB HY333 with B767. On time departure and arrival. IFE does not offer films in English. Poor food quality. Airplane proper except toilets. Blankets smelt. Crew unmotivated. Standard seats.

(Kazakhstan)

Flew from Tashkent to Almaty. Cabin conditions were ok staff were pretty uncaring with no genuine courtesy. Flight was on time.

(Malaysia)

Tashkent to Kuala Lumpur on 23/5/2013 at 22.15 by HY 551. One of the crew was very rude served coffee without creamer and sugar gave wrong drinks request blanket given after several requests no pillows given out. Seat was uncomfortable. Toilet and sink dirty. Most passengers did not finish the food.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

Return flight London-Tashkent. Easy check in and access to Business Lounge at Heathrow good choice of food on board. Cabin Crew very friendly. Both flights on time. Given Fast Track voucher on arrival to LHR which saved me a good hour avoiding the queue. The only complaint - I could not get miles for Star Alliance.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

TAS-UGC (Urgench) domestic flight on an almost new A320. Everything clean and ok in the front cabin. Flight was fully booked but all procedures at the airport started early so boarding and take off were early too. In the front cabin they had a kind of welcome drink (non-alcoholic) before takeoff and coffee/tea during the flight of 75 minutes. No meal available but this was the only reason for criticism the other marks for Uzbekistan Airlines are (surprisingly) high. Good plane safe procedures (although time consuming at the airport) excellent on time performance - good value for money.

(Malaysia)

I traveled Kuala Lumpur to Almaty on 24 Oct. For the transit at Tashkent I requested for wheelchair assistant as I had a surgery and was unable to walk long distant nor carry my laptop bag. The airline didn't provide the service when I was at Tashkent boarding the plane to Almaty. When I requested for the service the staff instead asked a passenger flying to Almaty to carry my bag (he had to carry his own laptop bag as well) and I need to walk at the new terminal. I'm very disappointed with the service of the airline.

Uzbekistan Airways customer review

I flew to Tashkent on 5 October return on 12 October. Flights both ways were excellent. Boeing 757 on the way out and Boeing 767 on return. Planes were clean the flight crew helpful and friendly. Neither flight was full to capacity and thus I was able to have the entire seating row to myself each way. Was served dinner on both flights they were substantial and satisfying nice warm blankets were also on the seats on boarding. Both flights took off and landed at time. My only criticism is that the inflight entertainment was in Uzbek/Russian even though the films being shown were English/American. I would recommend this airline.

(Vietnam)

BKK-TAS. Plane interior was yellow with age and quite filthy Toilet paper on the floor and a garbage bag just behind a passenger seat. I was horrified at the conditions. The food was decent but there not much inflight entertainment to speak of - in fact the screens on the left side of the plane weren't working.

(Israel)

TelAviv-Tashkent-Tokyo Osaka-Tashkent-TLV plus TLV-Tashkent-BKK-Tashkent-TLV coach on all legs. Low cost airline means low maintenance in the planes the seats were coming apart the inflight entertainment was only in Uzbek (or Russian). We didn't try their food but the special meals we ordered were awful. Out of the 8 legs only one (the last thankfully) did we feel unsafe and that was because of turbulence. We flew high season and paid about 40% of the regular fare so cannot complain. I would not fly with them if the difference in price was not so huge.