Uzbekistan Airways

"recommend Uzbekistan Airways"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tashkent. Fast and efficient check in at the Domodedovo airport with a ample lounge to relax before boarding with great drinks and food choices. Boarding process was a bit chaotic, the plane was full and there was no separate line for business class so it took a while for agents to check documents and boarding passes of everyone in the long queues until I was allowed to board. 3 friendly flight attendants greeted me aboard the beautiful cabin of their new Boeing 787, took me to my assigned seat, hung my jacket, and offered me some champagne, with a refill shortly after. They spoke very good English and were genuine friendly and courteous. They distributed noise-canceling headphones, newspapers and magazines, a cool amenities kit - a nice touch since this was a 5-hours flight - and the landing forms, plus informed lunch would be served shortly after takeoff. Cabin was very nice with ambient lighting and logos and touches of Uzbekistan Airways. Seat was very comfortable but not as private as if it was on a 2-2-2 configuration. Since I had an empty seat next to me, I had all the privacy plus lots of additional space. Right after takeoff, a flight attendant came to offer hot towels, additional drinks with a few small plates, and a food feast began. Several courses were served and I was very impressed by the quantity and quality of the food presented. Even though they did not offer a printed menu, stewardess brought several choices of appetizers, salads, soups, main courses, and encouraged me to try different combinations. Also the desserts, I agreed with two choices, but they brought more and everything was high quality and well prepared and presented in porcelain with Uzbekistan colors and logos, very classy. Shortly after lunch, they offered a tablet with several movies and music programs to choose from. Flight attendants keept checking passengers by offering more drinks, blankets, etc. until Captain has announced the approach to Tashkent. After landing, they went to every passenger to thank them for flying with Uzbekistan and to welcome to their country. As the airplane parked at a remote stand, a bus assigned to business class passengers took us to a private arrival lounge, where private immigration and customs facilities were offered, and the whole process went quite fast. I was very impressed with the warm and professional service provided along with excellence and attention to details. Only aspect to be improved would be the boarding process for premium classes. I recommend Uzbekistan Airways and I am willing to fly with them again
RouteMoscow to Tashkent
Date FlownOctober 2018

"a rude attitude towards us"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Bangkok via Tashkent. From the very beginning at check-in, we felt a rude attitude towards us, but that was just the beginning. We got a place in the middle of the plane and not like in almost all other airlines passengers with children gets seats in the front with more space. Space between the seats in our place was not more than 20 centimeters (with a 9-month-old baby)! 6 hours flight from Tashkent to Bangkok The air conditioner did not work ! The toilet was located next to the business class and when I went to the toilet I was shocked to discover that in the business class the air conditioner was working and even felt the smell of cigarettes from there - unbelievable - the plane was very old and dirty no entertainment systems. The attitude of the staff was not patient and sometimes even rude. The connection in Tashkent was as bad as the flight everything processed very slow the passport check the security check was so slow and not professional. The air conditioner at the airport did not work It was very very hot. There is no normal food to eat, There are only 3 cells in the toilet with a huge queue and the smells were horrible, and finally, they lost our baby stroller!
RouteTel Aviv to Bangkok via Tashkent
Date FlownAugust 2018

"don't expect much"

Trip Verified | New York to Tashkent. Uzbekistan Airways offers direct flights from JFK. The fleet has some relatively new Boeing 787, but don't expect much beyond knowing you'll get there relatively quickly. There's no online check-in on the website, so arrive at least 3 hours early for international flights and expect to queue. Food is ok coming from NYC, very mediocre coming from Tashkent. Lots of screaming kids running laps in the aisles, so bring earplugs or music. Entertainment system has lots of Russian/Uzbek movies, but the worst dubbing I've ever encountered. Rather than removing the Russian soundtrack, they simply put the English translation over it so that both play simultaneously. The English translation is just that: one guy reading all the male character parts with a Russian accent, and a woman doing all the female parts.
RouteNew York to Tashkent
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"26 hours in airport"

(Uzbekistan)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tashkent. Our plane was broken. We were 26 hours in airport without hotel and proper food. We could not leave the airport because flight was delayed every 30 min. They promised to fly immediately during 26 hours! We even could not finally enter the plane, which came instead of our one: Uzbekistan Airways simply forgot to re-issue our boarding passes. We had a nightmare crush during boarding, because new plane was smaller vs previous one. We even had an issues with police! finally air company refused us in any compensation.
RouteMoscow to Tashkent
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a bit too rough and ready"

Trip Verified | London to Tashkent. Plane left and arrived roughly on time. Very old, tatty and worn out Boeing 757 with very uncomfortable seat for a night flight and limited leg-room. Cabin crew were friendly but with limited English. Food was tasty. First time flying with Uzbekistan Airways and wouldn't do it again if there were any other direct flights available. All a bit too rough and ready for a 7 hour overnight flight.
RouteLondon to Tashkent
Date FlownApril 2018

"rude customer service"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Riga to New York. Uzbekistan Airways is the worst airline ever. They are all rude - starting from the customer service via mail to staff on board! They don’t care about customer at all and do/say whatever they like. Do not recommend. The food is okay, enterteinment on board is okay but English is terrible..
RouteRiga to New York
Date FlownMarch 2018

"their rude flight attendants"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Tashkent. Worst airline ever with their rude flight attendants and ground staff. It’s the only airline in Uzbekistan and no competition, that’s why they act whatever they want. You can’t complain to anyone because no one going to listen to you! I don’t recommend at all. But food is good.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tashkent
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cheap seat with extra legroom"

Verified Review | Beijing to Frankfurt via Tashkent. Check in at T2 in Beijing was easy and staff where giving priority to business classs passsengers. Lounge was okay even so I would not be happy if I was hungry. Boarding and flight were almost on time whichbin Beijing is almost like a miracle. Flight attendants were not over the top but decent and friendly. Food was not my taste but I guess this is a matter of what you prefer. Transit experience was nice for the lounge but transit staff at Taschkent were not so helpful and for some reason kept me waiting in a corner and could not tell me what for only to tell me then I could walk on now. Lounge run out of beer and food were snacks at best which you have to heat up by yourself. Internet was not working for me. On the leg to Frankfurt last minute change to Boeing 757 rather 767. Plenty of upgrades as a result as economy overbooked. The plane was old not very comfy for sleeping. The 767 before was much better and even so not a full flat seat it was alright to sleep. So seats are dependent on aircraft used. B767 is okay B757 is not. Guess 787 would be okay as well. Things are kept clean, IFE is utterly useless. Transfer in TAS easy if they do or tell you to wait for no good reason. Staff is average, which means like they seem to do their job alright but there was no pleasant surprises in service concept at all. Well considering they were cheap I would say I recommend to fly if all you are really after is a cheap seat with extra legroom. If you want a full business class experience I would avoid them.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757
RouteBeijing to Frankfurt via Tashkent
Date FlownAugust 2017

"very attentive and pleasant staff"

My wife and I flew Business Class out and return because of poor reviews. We were part of a group of holidaymakers. The Skyteam Lounge at Heathrow can not be faulted. We found the aircraft to be like many others, with the odd fault - my wife's inflight entertainment selector wasn't working on the return journey but she sleeps so it wasn't a problem. We had very attentive and pleasant staff with a choice of meals and drinks. Alcoholic drinks are available on request. The seats were very comfortable and reclined not too far from flat. On the return journey the Lounge at Tashkent had limited snacks available and alcoholic drinks had to be purchased. Boarding was swift and efficient. TIp - the Duty Free shop on landing is much cheaper than the Duty Free in Departures. We have absolutely no complaints about Uzbekistan Airways. Our fellow travellers in Economy were pleased with their journeys except that they had no choice of food. On the outward and return journeys there were not many Economy passengers. As a result they were able to sleep across three seats. Business Class was full. We read dire reviews of Uzbekistan Hotels too that were completely unfounded. The City Palace Hotel in Tashkent was excellent by any standards. The Asia Hotel in Fargana was another excellent hotel in rooms away from the noisy road. Don't believe everything that you read about Uzbekistan transport or hotels. I hesitate to label previous contributors as 'moaners', but that passes through my mind. Hotels tend not to supply plugs for basins and baths - take your own. Uzbekistan is a developing country and making a good job of it. They do need to make a good push to improve the quality and cleanliness of public toilets, which in some cases can only be described as dreadful. The i.pad has films but even if you choose English language, you get Russian.
RouteLHR to TAS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"behavior of stewardess amazed me"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | This was my 9th trip on Uzbekistan Airways on the route Delhi to Tashkent return. I read many adverse review about this airline, but my experience was generally good. All this, however, changed on my last trip TAS-DEL on 26 October 2016. After taking my seat in the business class, I plugged my mobile phone's charger into the power socket on the seat panel. When charging was completed, I pulled out my charger, but, along with it, the plastic front of the socket too came off. One of the stewardesses straightaway told me that I damaged it because it cannot come off on its own, and that I was not careful. This behavior of a stewardess amazed me. This apart, it is unusual that business class passengers would be told something like this. I checked the Uzbekistan Airways web page for a feedback page, but, there was none. They have phone numbers, but no email address for contacting them. No web page like Contact us. As far as I am concerned, they lost me as a passenger.
RouteTAS to DEL