Uzbekistan Airways

"Antiquated, surly govt owned airline"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Tashkent. It is like going back in time, about 30 years back. Our departure from Kuala Lumpur was 1 hour 50 late, dep Tashkent on time. I cannot believe this airline does not serve beer, only white or red wine is only alcohol available, they also have no diet beverages, the very limited choice dies not even come with ice so fruit juices are warm . On the return trip we bought cold beer at the airport to drink Food on both flights was terrible, very limited choices, served by surly unhelpful staff. The good thing was the generous recline of the seats Entertainment was a joke, flight out had screens in the roof, so 80's, return had seat back screens which were a waste of space, latest movie in english fir over 10 year olds was 7 years old. I watched my tablet on both flights. Blankets and pillows ran out after 10 people on the early evening outbound flight, return had enough for a quarter of the plane and very begrudgingly given out. Antiquated, surly govt owned airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tashkent
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. We traveled by this from St Petersburg to Tashkent. That flight was good but the flight from Tashkent to Delhi number 421 was very old, no screens on seats, no pillows only child and women got pillows, no blankets for all, no wine or whisky, not enough flight attendants. Worst ever experience.
RouteSt Petersburg to Delhi via Tashkent
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Crew very attentive"

Trip Verified | Paris to Tashkent. Check in counters are located in CDG 2A terminal very quiet in the afternoon. Business tickets allow us to make a stop in the glamorous Cathay Pacific lounge : Champagne. And again Champagne as a welcome drink (Uzbek cuvée on the return ), warm nuts as an aperitif. Full dinner service, three choice). Light breakfast served before landing. Seats are 2-1-2, comfortable, amenities in a nice travel kit, IPad provided. Crew very attentive during all the flight, same for the return from Tashkent.
RouteParis to Tashkent
Date FlownApril 2019

"exceeded my expectations"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tashkent. I did not expect much from this airline, however I was pleasantly surprised. The aircraft seemed to be new and the interior was very clean. The boarding started on time, well organized. Both flights departed and arrived on time. I paid a little extra for the exit seat and got a huge space for legs, etc. The personnel on board was average but meals were excellent and abundant, the in-flight entertainment system worked well (funny English dubbing by a Russian speaker, one voice for all actors in movies). The overall experience is naturally not comparable to companies like Qatar or Emirates but nobody expected that quality either. All in all this airline exceeded my expectations and can recommend it to other passengers.
RouteMoscow to Tashkent
Date FlownMay 2019

"crew were not friendly"

Trip Verified | Tashkent to Kuala Lumpur. The worst airline taken in all of my holidays. A week before we departed Singapore they sent an email to inform that flights home to Singapore are cancelled. We wrote in 3 times with no reply, called the Singapore office and the guy was impossibly unhelpful. We had no choice but to make our trip blindly and hope for it to get settled over in Tashkent. Our flight departing Singapore was delayed by an hour plus, and transit in KL, it was again delayed another hour. It happened the same for our flights home whereby new transit was in Jakarta, it got delayed an hour an half. We barely made it to catch our flight home with MH that the airline booked us home on. My luggage was left behind because of this. Flight crew were not friendly, barely smiled no matter how polite we tried to be. And they never once served water after the meal service. We had to keep going to ask for it and they always gave an unhappy look. Seriously, I don't know what kind of service industry this airline is in, because there wasn't any at all. The food from Singapore was okay, but the food from Tashkent was awful. Tasteless and dry. Our flight home was a night flight, yet the lights were not switched off for sleeping. It was a really suffering 18 hours journey home, with no food and no sleep and with unconfortable seats. Such a pity because the country is so beautiful and the Uzbeks are really nice people. The airline crew need to undergo intensive service training for sure.
RouteTashkent to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2019

"experience was terrible"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Bangkok via Tashkent. The whole family - we are with two young children - 3 years and one year. We were preparing for this flight for long time, because flying with so little children is not a simple task. Before us there was a considerable selection of companies that offer the flight to Bangkok including some Israeli companies with flights even cheaper than Uzbekistan Airways. After much deliberation, we did choose to fly with Uzbekistan Airways because we also realized that the company has improved in recent years, and in terms of flight time with small children it suited and it was important for us to land early in Bangkok, since we had a flight from Bangkok to Koh Samui Island. And from there boat to Koh Phangan Island. The last boat leaves at 16, so landing in Bangkok at 6:40 am promised us an early arrival to Samui without having to stay there overnight but straight to continue to Koh Phangan. I would like to point out that on this journey we left with the full weight, since we are planning a long stay on the island. So it was very important for us that the road be continuous and without unnecessary stops with children and so many luggage. In practice everything happened the opposite! The flight from TLV was delayed in 5 hours. Not speaking about the food and the bad service during the flights, we arrived very exhausted to Bangkok at 13pm. We waited for 3 hours for the next flight (Our flight was at 9:40). We arrived to Samui much later after last boat to Pangan. We had to search for a hotel, carry all the suitcases and children. We arrive to Phangan in delay of day, which included all unexpected and unwanted expenses for taxi, food, lodging, not to mention the levels of fatigue we all came to. I was sorry for the moment when we decided to fly with this company. The experience was terrible, I do not wish anyone!
RouteTel Aviv to Bangkok via Tashkent
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | London to Amritsar via Tashkent. It was a horrible experience with Uzbekistan Airways. The in flight attendants were inexperienced. They burned my arm and leg in departure and arrival flights with hot coffee. The staff even didn’t knew how to serve coffee in flight. Then the worse part was that they didn’t even offer First Aid. The food quality, inflight entertainment, broken seats is not worth mentioning.
RouteLondon to Amritsar via Tashkent
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"cabin clean and bright"

Trip Verified | An internal flight from Urgench to Tashkent, As the airport is small has only 4 flights a day, check in was simple and fast, no chances of getting lost. You walk out to the plane on the tarmac Ryanair style. The cabin is clean and bright. With simple economy seats on a 3 - 3 fashion. The 4 staff soon had people on board and bags stored. The pre flight briefing was from drop down screens, that then showed a 15 minute video of Uzbekistan in flight. The crew served a selection of cold drinks after take off and this time no one was able to get tea from the business class section of the plane. The flight was straight forward and took around 50 minutes, landing in Tashkent was quick and we were taken from a remote stand to the terminal by bus. Bags where on the belt when we arrived.
RouteUrgench to tashkent
Date FlownNovember 2018

"crew were pleasant"

Trip Verified | Tashkent to Urgench. Check in for this flight was simple and straight forward at the domestic terminal in Tashkent. Collecting a boarding pass and passing security took less than 10 minutes. We were bussed to the plane and boarding was simple and straight forward. The 4 crew were pleasant and spoke in 3 languages. Drop down screens gave the pre flight safety presentation, which 20% of the passengers ignored. Take off was swift and the captain gave a simple on board welcome in 3 languages. The cabin crew did not enforce seat belt rule on passengers not using them, but quickly stopped a person having lighting up a cigarette. Cold refreshment's (coke, sprite, juice and water) where served straight after take off, but people in economy walked into the business class section for hot tea. The 1 hour flight was in good weather and a low cruising altitude gave good views from the windows. The cabin was 3 - 3 seats and the interior was clean and bright. The cabin was a bit like Wizz Air. There was no IFE other than drop down screens that played a video of Uzbekistan. The landing was good and the empty airport was simple to navigate. Bags arrived within 10 minutes and we were out of the door into the clutch's of taxi drivers.
RouteTashkent to Urgench
Date FlownNovember 2018

"recommend Uzbekistan Airways"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tashkent. Fast and efficient check in at the Domodedovo airport with a ample lounge to relax before boarding with great drinks and food choices. Boarding process was a bit chaotic, the plane was full and there was no separate line for business class so it took a while for agents to check documents and boarding passes of everyone in the long queues until I was allowed to board. 3 friendly flight attendants greeted me aboard the beautiful cabin of their new Boeing 787, took me to my assigned seat, hung my jacket, and offered me some champagne, with a refill shortly after. They spoke very good English and were genuine friendly and courteous. They distributed noise-canceling headphones, newspapers and magazines, a cool amenities kit - a nice touch since this was a 5-hours flight - and the landing forms, plus informed lunch would be served shortly after takeoff. Cabin was very nice with ambient lighting and logos and touches of Uzbekistan Airways. Seat was very comfortable but not as private as if it was on a 2-2-2 configuration. Since I had an empty seat next to me, I had all the privacy plus lots of additional space. Right after takeoff, a flight attendant came to offer hot towels, additional drinks with a few small plates, and a food feast began. Several courses were served and I was very impressed by the quantity and quality of the food presented. Even though they did not offer a printed menu, stewardess brought several choices of appetizers, salads, soups, main courses, and encouraged me to try different combinations. Also the desserts, I agreed with two choices, but they brought more and everything was high quality and well prepared and presented in porcelain with Uzbekistan colors and logos, very classy. Shortly after lunch, they offered a tablet with several movies and music programs to choose from. Flight attendants keept checking passengers by offering more drinks, blankets, etc. until Captain has announced the approach to Tashkent. After landing, they went to every passenger to thank them for flying with Uzbekistan and to welcome to their country. As the airplane parked at a remote stand, a bus assigned to business class passengers took us to a private arrival lounge, where private immigration and customs facilities were offered, and the whole process went quite fast. I was very impressed with the warm and professional service provided along with excellence and attention to details. Only aspect to be improved would be the boarding process for premium classes. I recommend Uzbekistan Airways and I am willing to fly with them again
RouteMoscow to Tashkent