Ural Airlines

"avoid it in the future"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Direct flight Moscow Zhukovsky to Prague was cancelled and rerouted as Zhukovsky to Prague via Kaliningrad (formally two connected flights but in fact just a stop in KGD) with departure 3,5 hours later without any warning. The representative of the airline appeared in the airport half an hour after scheduled departure and was quite unfriendly, no explanations, no excuses. All compensation for a long delay (arrival to PRG about 6 hours after schedule) was a bottle of water (well we're entitled for a ridiculous compensation of some €0.30 per hour by Russian law but it is not worth claiming). Not even any help with sitting places in pathetic departure hall of ZIA. From passengers' reports on the Net I learned that rerouting of this flight this way is UA's common practice. On board, very short legroom, no food even for money except for a few paid snacks. The cheapest option on PRG-MOW route but will do my best to avoid it in the future.
RouteZhukovsky to Prague via Kaliningrad
Date FlownMarch 2019

"no announcement on any delay"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Simferopol with Ural Airlines. Flight was at 17.00. Till 17.00 no announcement on any delay, no representative of airline available for information. The hotline of call center does not answer, the airport airline office does not answer.
RouteMoscow to Simferopol
Date FlownDecember 2018

"there are disadvantages"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Moscow to Barcelona. The airline is not bad, but there are disadvantages. Hand baggage allowance - the main disadvantage. Once when I was flying from Samara (Russia) to St. Petersburg (Russia) we were on the bus with the doors open at -20 °, everyone was waiting for the late passenger when he approached it turned out that he had problems with the size of hand luggage, and we continued to stand and freeze. Only after our disturbances, we were able to persuade the representatives of Ural Airlines and go to the plane.
AircraftA321-200
RouteMoscow to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2018

"average level of service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Sochi to Moscow-Domodedovo. To be honest, was a bit worried about flying Ural Airlines. When I looked at the flight statistics for the past 30 days, they had more than 1000 flight cancellations -- far above any other airline in Europe -- and over 2000 delays. As expected, the flight boarded late and we departed 20 minutes behind schedule. The plane was full. Unlike other airlines, they limit carry-on baggage to 5 kg (instead of 10 kg), but I don't know if this is strictly enforced. (My bag was just over 10 kg, so I checked it.) That said, it seemed that the in-cabin overhead storage was less full then typical, so maybe this restriction has a positive effect by reducing in-cabin baggage and, by doing so it quickens boarding time. The plane was a not new but did not have signs of excessive wear. The seat was cramped, and my knees we pushing into the back of the passenger in front of me, especially when he decided to recline. Not very pleasant. The meal served was a bland, chicken sandwich with mayonnaise, cheese, lettuce, and the standard slices of cucumber that one typically gets on all Russian airlines. The flight attendants were polite and business-like. After arriving at Moscow-Domodedovo, the wait at baggage claim seemed long, with a big time gap between the first wave of bags and the second. Of course, I had to wait for the second. In summary, it was an uneventful flight with the average level of service that one would expect for a mid-size air carrier.
RouteSochi to Moscow-Domodedovo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Avoid like the plague"

Trip Verified | Yekaterinburg to St. Petersburg. Absolute junk. Flight was delayed by about 10 hours without explanation, in spite of very good weather. Boarding process was utter chaos. Zero communication. No one spoke English, which caused problems for some Chinese passengers who didn't understand the luggage weight limits and held everyone else up as a result. Not professional; I get the feeling the staff don't care if we get there at all. Avoid like the plague.
RouteYekaterinburg to St. Petersburg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I am so disappointed!"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Moscow Zhukovsky to Tel Aviv. We booked the tickets for 27 August 2018 and have just received an email saying that the flight was cancelled and out trip postponed for 24 hours. That is unacceptable. Nobody is answering my email while calling the airlines is quite difficult due to time difference. I am so disappointed!
RouteMoscow Zhukovsky to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2018

"The seat was comfortable"

Trip Verified | Kazan to St. Petersburg. At the airport we checked in. The staff was not so friendly they forgot to print our boarding pass. The boarding procedure was quick and organized. The purser welcomed us on board polite and professional. The seat was comfortable with much legroom. We got a blanket and a pillow on a 2h flight! Wow! When we reached the cruising altitude we got a sandwich wich smells very good. On time we arrived at our destination. All in all it was a amazing flight.
RouteKazan to St. Petersburg
Date FlownAugust 2017

"love to fly again with them"

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Moscow Domodedovo. The flight was suprisingly really great. Since it is only a 1,5h journey I didn't expect much from this flight. The flight attendents were very friendly and also spoke perfect english. They served a muffin alongside with tee or coffee and a drink (water, juice or a soda). The plane was very clean and tidy and the legroom was also pretty good. Even though the flight was fully booked there was enough space in the overhead compartments. The flight took off 5 minutes ahead of schedule and landed 20min early in Moscow. The online check-in worked perfectly and even though I booked a promo fare there was a checked baggage included. Overall a very pleansant and cheap flight with nice staff and a great on-time performance. Would love to fly again with them.
RouteSt Petersburg to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2017

"good service we felt"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Moscow. Our flight with MOD was canceled and we had to navigate virtually on our own through the Airport. Little support, but once we found Ural Airlines they were good. We had to pay for another bag, annoying, but still composed. Check in twice because of ext bag staff helpful and cheery, departure through gates fine. Good flight, with on board snack and coffee not expected. English instructions on board, good service we felt.
RouteSt Petersburg to Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2017

"crew were polite"

(Israel)

Yekaterinburg to Novosibirsk with Ural Airlines. They made me check my carry on bag for no reason as aircraft was half empty. This caused a 30 minute wait in OVB in a terrible bggage area (no WC, crowded). The flight boarded on time, but we sat 30 minutes past departure time without any explanation. A minute before we finally pushed back, the pilot said something in Russian, I understood one word "cargo" so the delay was probably related to that. However no English version for the reason. After takeoff we were served a sandwich with drinks which was OK. Crew were polite, and spoke English. NO IFE of any sort - seems to be the norm in Russia. I'm flying Aeroflot tomorrow, and hoping for a surprise with the IFE. Bussed from aircraft to terminal in freezing cold (-20c), while many jetways stood empty, but they must had their operational reasons.
RouteSVX to OVB