United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Flew to Chicago on Friday flight was delayed 6 hours. When it came time to return home I received an email that my flight was cancelled. I talked to a United rep she told me an identical flight was leaving at the same time as my cancelled flight so she would book me on that one. Turns out she misinformed me there was no such flight. I got to the airport found out she had booked me for a flight the following day so I had to rebook yet again. On my return flight the plane was delayed 2 hours. We all get on the plane and after taxi-ing for 45 minutes we received an announcement that we were going back to the gate. I had to spend the night in the airport. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines customer review

My husband booked our flight out of Gulfport MS to Las Vegas. The price was good but we were not allowed enough time between connecting flights. My husband is in a wheelchair and I appreciate the skycaps who managed to get us to the connecting flights although it almost killed me at 65 to have to get through the airport with our luggage. The biggest mishap was that when we arrived in Los Angeles from Las Vegas we were told there was no room for our carry on luggage so it was checked. My husband's bag went to Hawaii. After many days of talking to people on the phone who obviously have a problem understanding English we finally got his bag delivered. Flying United was very stressful for me and I would be very hesitant to fly United again. I think they need to do a better job of informing their customers of what to expect.

United Airlines customer review

Plane was supposed to take off at 1pm delayed to 3pm then finally to 7pm with no guarantee of no further delay. Now I am stuck in LAX waiting. All I got for the trouble caused by United Airline is a sorry from the representative and a $7 meal voucher - very good customer care indeed. Request to adjust seat told the plane is 100% full. Okay so I request to adjust seat in advance for my return flight now this is where it gets interesting: I was told by the desk representative that their "system" will not let her do so and was advised to use United Airline website to adjust seat myself the only problem is their website does not have the seat change option either. Overall I would not recommend anyone to take United Airline for their poor system setup and bad customer care.

United Airlines customer review

EWR-IND think United is canceling more flights than they are operating. If not canceled flights are most of the time significantly delayed. Ground staff are unfriendly and not willing to help. This is not an experience just on this flight it seems to be always like that. Comfort and service in the aircraft is lousy. Will try not to go with United in the future.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Traveled CLE-SFO-NRT-MNL March 15th returned May 7th. Business class. Booked this reluctantly experience a year earlier was not so great on the SFO-NRT leg. In cabin service and food was terrible. This year was a world different. All flights on time or early food was good inflight service was very good the inflight entertainment worked great check in was very friendly and attentive. The final leg is serviced by ANA. Last year the difference between UA and ANA was dramatic. This year practically seamless. The only change this year was that we were on the upper deck this time. We were amazed at the transformation in a year's time. Younger attentive flight attendants friendly service and all worked as planned. Great transformation!

United Airlines customer review

Do not pay the extra cost for the comfort seats. That is the biggest scam that this airline has going. I have paid for comfort seats on KLM and WestJet and they were so worth it. This airline - expensive and the only thing you get is slightly more leg room. The same uncomfortable seat in all other ways. This airline has to have the worst service of all airlines in the G20 (sorry have not flown others). Terrible seats extra cost for luggage what food is available is awful and expensive and now you have to pay for inflight entertainment. On a recent flight to Hawaii at least they had the courtesy of telling us not to bother because the inflight entertainment did not work over the ocean anyway. I love to read but 6 hours straight is quite a reading marathon. I will pay extra costs for a flight rather than fly United.

(New Zealand)

As a seasoned traveler I am constantly reminded what a disgrace United Airlines is to the Star Alliance. I've just completed a Star Alliance Round The World Business First trip on Thai Lufthansa Air Canada Air New Zealand and unfortunately one sector on United. Despite being Gold Elite status and paying $US15000 each for the fare United refused me entry to their lounge in MCO at 0615h - when it was almost totally empty. They seated my wife and I in 3B and 5F for the six hour flight to SFO despite being booked on the one ticket and pre- allocated 1A and 1B four months earlier! Are the traveling American public so accepting of sub-standard?
Seat TypeFirst Class

(Italy)

26 April 2014 Verona-Monaco. LH 434 26 April 2014 Monaco-Chicago. UA 8838 26 April 2014 Chicago-Madison. Superb Lufthansa service than you land in the USA and there is a long line at Passport control and no way to have an express service. I missed my connecting flight and what a surprise it was my fault and I had to pay for the hotel transport food etc.

United Airlines customer review

Nothing but delays right from the start. We flew Vancouver to Chicago then to Ireland. Everyone had to check in themselves and weren't given seat numbers until boarding so no sitting next to your family. Staff weren't friendly. Flight was an hour late departing. No organization at all at the airport. Would not use them again.

United Airlines customer review

My father and I had a reservation to fly from Boston to Sacramento. We had a connecting flight in Denver. Our flight leaving Boston was delayed 50 minutes our flight arrived in Denver at the exact time our connecting flight from Denver was leaving. United Airlines didn't hold the next plane just a few minutes and so 13 people on our plane missed the connecting flight. The next flight for Sacramento left the next morning so we went to customer service to have them reserve a hotel for us but they claimed that the error was not made by their airline and wouldn't pay for our hotel. Now we have to sit in an airport terminal all night. United Airlines is not a good airline and I won't be flying with them anymore.