United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

SFO-HKG-SGN-HKG-SFO in Economy Plus. The B744 to and from Hong Kong was clean and well-maintained but showing its age-especially in the lack of IFE. However in both directions the crews were very good with lots of passenger interaction and presence in the cabin. They were HK based and very international in composition. The crews to/from SGN were even better-old Continental Mic staff based in Guam. I had exit row seats on all legs and found the legroom to be fine and the seat OK--but on such long segments no seat in economy is really "comfortable". The food was OK-could have been better with just a few additional touches-but no real complaints. The lounge in HK is fantastic-head and shoulders above anything in the US which made for a nice interlude. Overall an acceptable performance.

United Airlines customer review

IAD-SAV-IAD 29 Sept to Savannah and 13 Oct return to Washington Dulles. We have used United Express on their small Embraer and CRJ200 Aircraft many times before when flying to Savannah from Newark Chicago Washington etc. Always been perfectly OK and usually on time and surprisingly comfortable. No IFE supplied and no refreshments purchased but then again they are only short flights. But this time having booked our flights we were offered Economy Plus seats when we came to choose our seats for $28 each per flight. We duly chose this option and paid only for the aircraft on the outward flight to be changed. The replacement aircraft had no Economy Plus seats - no refund came until I chased this through there refund system. Worse still the return flight was on the original aircraft which never had Economy Plus seats in the first place. I will fly United Express again as they still do the job we want them to do but - if you can't provide the product you are selling then don't take people's money under false pretences.

United Airlines customer review

Not a good experience flying first class from Seattle to Charlotte. On second leg there wasn't any first class on the plane and they didn't put my wife and myself together. Very frustrating. I did demand a refund and they did accommodate. Flying back from Charlotte they couldn't get my wife and Myself together in first class. Very frustrating. They didn't even try to fix that one. Customer service from United is questionable. They act like they just don't care.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

01/10/2014. LHR-IAH. Flight UA5. IAH-GIG UA129. A journey I upgraded from economy to business first using a global premier upgrade a free perk obtained as a IK level frequent flyer. I feel that the level of service on United has improved drastically and the efforts of front line personnel should be recognised. The flight attendants on UA5 from Heathrow to Houston were superb. They provided very professional prompt and friendly service. A comfortable seat in a new Boeing 787. In fact throughout all including my return journey from Rio via Houston and Chicago all check in and flight personnel were considerate and attentive. All flights arrived on schedule or early. I would also add that as a United flyer since 1995 my baggage has never been lost! From what I can see the only service problems this company ever had are being corrected. If these improvements continue I suggest that United could indeed become a world class leader.

United Airlines customer review

We recently flew from Cairns to Guam to Kwajalein on United Airlines. Although mainland US airlines have a bad name for treatment of their passengers - the Micronesia service transcends this. There were a number of aspects about this flight which were worrying. At Cairns the demeanour of the check-in staff was very "in your face" - when we asked to speak to the supervisor - this only made things worse. Documentation is a "very touchy" aspect of booking in for any US airline these days. Even though we had our ESTA validation application in hard copy to show they basically refused to believe we had a valid ESTA as they were having trouble accessing the data on their computer. This was even though we had our ESTA forms identical to our passports! Take a hard copy of the website baggage guidelines - they make it up as they go! When we finally got in the air - the food is poor. Be prepared for some serious security scanning in Kwajalein as it is a closed airport unless you have a sponsor or travelling to Ebeye - Passport photocopied ESTA examined separate Sponsor documentation retinal scanning height weight finger printing and questioning. If another airline elects to service this route I would certainly look to avoid UA.

United Airlines customer review

I travelled with United alone with a 16 month old and 4 yr old twins from Australia to Los Angeles to Memphis Orlando and back to Australia. We got the cheapest fare available with anyone and my expectations were low. United were great! Good and helpful staff good entertainment for twins when we missed a flight we were promptly rebooked and paid no fees food was not excellent but fine. This was a very welcome surprise - well done United!

United Airlines customer review

Oct 7 SF to Kona First Class. At the prices they charge even in this age of low expectations I was shocked at the experience of this trip. To begin with the aircraft used a 737 is just inappropriate for a five hour trip. The legroom was ridiculous for any class of service but unbelievable for a premium ticket. When the gentleman in front of me reclined his seat I had absolutely no space left. In coach one has come to expect this but not at these prices. I was one of two people judging from the upgrade list posted who paid full fare and that resulted in a full cabin. The flight attendants tried hard but United gave them nothing to work with. The breakfast served was small and awful there was only non fat milk for coffee and the food was inedible. The flight was timed to leave at 9.44 to avoid serving a more expensive lunch by one minute. The cost cutting is unbelievable the experience absolutely horrific to be avoided at any cost. Back to Hawaiian Airlines I go - the extra stop required is well worth it.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

I flew from Manchester Airport and was flying to Newark then had a connection flight to Rochester. As soon as I checked in I was told they had overbooked and asked us to fly to London first. I explained that we had a connection flight to Rochester and we were attending my nephews wedding so couldn't have any delays. We were then told there was no seats on the Rochester flight. After a lot of arguing they got us on the 1st flight to Newark and then found us flights on the Rochester flight but the 4 of us would not be seated together. I had 2 children with us and was not happy but just pleased to get the flights. Coming home we were delayed 3 times from Rochester. Our connection flight from Newark was boarding at 6.30pm we got off our flight from Rochester at 7.05pm and had to run for 10 minutes to catch the flight my daughter has asthma and struggled however we just made the flight. I wouldn't book with United again as they did not make either of my journeys relaxed and enjoyable.

United Airlines customer review

GVA-IAD. United needs to update its fleet flying to Europe. It is incredible the type of screens they have (a bit bigger than a smartphone). How will they ever compete with other airlines? Sadly nothing special.

United Airlines customer review

Travelled LHR to SFO - flight fairly full food good and seat plus fine. SFO to EWR - ordinary seat ok snack tasty no problems. Later EWR to LHR again food fine and snack quite acceptable. We had no problems on 3 flights - only thing to complain about having to pay for t.v from SFO to EWR.