United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

AUS-IAH-LGA in F. First segment on a new E175 in Economy Plus. Actually really surprised at the comfort of the seat despite all the negative press about the new Slimline product. Of course this flight was only about 30 minutes but for a regional hop not bad at all. Continuing segment was on A319 in F. Seat was moderately comfortable but pitch was lacking and by the end of this 3 hour flight I was definitely eager to deplane. Service was attentive and professional however and drinks were consistently refilled. Food could have been better but what else is new. Overall I was pleased with this journey and despite being loyal to AA would consider UA again if traveling to one of their hub cities.

United Airlines customer review

Recently flew from Boston to San Francisco on a 757. First at the check in where Star Alliance Gold Passengers have to pay for an extra bag. Then to the lounge - dirty and too full. Then onboard - crew so grumpy and super senior rude crew. Very limited service and no smiles at all. Crew just wanted to get their job done so they could chat amongst themselves at the back of the Y class cabin. Honestly I dread flying this airline - UA has to be the worst airline in the Star Alliance. SQ TG NH TK please teach them how to serve their customers better!

United Airlines customer review

Flew IAH-DEN-IAH on A320 last week and we had the Personal Entertainment Option (Beta). I guess after Beta unfortunately we have to pay for that too. Both flights on time and nothing to complain about.

United Airlines customer review

I have been a loyal UA Mileage Plus customer since 1984. On my last flight from FLL to SFO (Flight 1645 on 2/1/2015) I was not admitted into the FLL Lounge - despite me having presented a very valid UA Club Pass which I received last week in relation to my new Chase MP Explorer Visa Card. Even the remark that I travel on First Class did nothing. The lady in the lounge claimed that the United Passes I got from Chase were falsified! They were not as UA customer service later confirmed. The flight itself was a horrible experience: None of very old blue leather seats in First Class reclined. There were no foot-rest (which is standard even in many Economy Classes around the world - for example on Turkish Airlines). The United First Class Seat was at least 30 years old with a sealed armrest ashtray. The food was horrible and cold and a stewardess did not know the difference between white wine and champagne. The Video system on my seat had no audio. The much touted "Wi-Fi” did not work - I could not connect. I conveyed to UAL that they should not use such equipment on long-haul flights. The flight in First (which really was not a First Class experience at all) cost me 50.000 Miles. I will frequent other airlines from now on.

United Airlines customer review

FRA-ORD-LAX-OGG. All flights were in clean planes with enough legroom (I've 183cm of height). IFE on international SEA-IAH-LIM return. This was a good trip outbound in business class. The lie flat seats in the B767s on the Lima leg were excellent crews were attentive. My wife broke her leg in Peru so we had a medically assisted evacuation back and the service was excellent wheelchairs attendants etc. all good.

United Airlines customer review

FRA-ORD-LAX-OGG. All flights were in clean planes with enough legroom (I've 183cm of height). IFE on international flights depends on the aircraft but on B777 and B767-400 its working well with a good choice of movies. Staff friendly (with one exception) food compared to other airlines (e. g. Lufthansa) much better. We missed our flight in ORD due to a 45min-delay in FRA for which United was not responsible. We could Hotel vouchers in Chicago flew to LAX and OGG the following day and arrived in Maui about 20hrs late. OK we missed one day in Maui but we got compensation (350USD for each passenger).

United Airlines customer review

Frequent flyer here. Worst flight experience I have had. Flight was supposed to be 53 minutes long. Got 44 minutes delayed due to late arrival of the plane. After boarding 15 minutes delay due to "technical difficulties". Smallest plane I've been in. Even though I wasn't planning on checking in my backpack the plane was so small that most passengers had to give their carry on luggage to the flight attendants to pick up from the luggage claim later. After landing (59 minutes after we were supposed to) the baggage claim carousel wasn't turned on until 35 minutes later! 2 other flights' passengers have landed after us collected their luggage from the carousel next to ours and left. Finally 40 minutes after landing (which is unusual for a domestic flight at a small airport) they started providing our luggage. The only good part about the whole flight was the behaviour of the pilot and the attendant. My ride was waiting outside for an hour and a half and I was extremely embarrassed. Never again.

United Airlines customer review

Recently travelled from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver on 2 different United Airline flights. I have never complained to an airline before about leg room until now and have been travelling since 1976. If you tried to seat your pet into an area as small I think you would be answering to a higher authority. That's how bad it is folks! They actually allow passengers to recline their seats during the flights so you know the rest of the story!

United Airlines customer review

In-flight service is long out the window video entertainment is endless infomercials and the last scraps of legroom have vanished into thin air. On a recent full flight from Newark to Los Angeles a new super skinny seating was encountered that climbs to a whole new altitude of pain and suffering. When reputable airlines change to slim seats the airline gets more seats on the plane and passengers get a bit more legroom but at United this would never fly. United now using Continentals short-haul 737-900s on long-haul routes has extra extra seats that don’ t quite fit. To make passable exit row clearance seats behind are compacted to even less than their typical 30-inch seat pitch on this aircraft - less than the 31-inches specified for many other flights - and much less than the 32-inches United advertises when selling economy seats. My seat had only 2-feet clear butt-to-shin with perhaps an additional 4-inch knee-high seatback thickness - probably a 28-inch pinch - or less! When the passenger in front tried repeatedly to recline - there being no extra room it was impossible. The passenger drew a cabin attendant to complain that I would not allow the seat to recline. The attendant seriously explained to me that the passenger had purchased a ticket entitling them to my leg space and may fully recline the seat. Unfazed the attendant told me that if I wanted extra legroom I should have purchased an“Economy-Plus” seat. I asked how much it would cost but there were no free seats - at any price. I explained that I did not need extra legroom just sufficient room - which they were not providing. Not reconciled to the laws of physics the attendant continued insisting that this was all my fault - that I was taking up space that I was not entitled to - and had me turn sideways putting my knees in the aisle so the seat could recline. My shoulder was now in the way of the seat. I could not turn back either and complained that the vending carts would hurt my legs even more than the seatback. Only then did the attendant finally suggest that the other passenger switch seats with their adjacent small child. For $25 a luggage bag had more space than me - and was treated much better!

United Airlines customer review

My family and I flew United for the last time over the holidays. We bought tickets the previous March in order to get direct flights to the west coast and seats together. We chose to fly out of Logan - very inconvenient for us but the only airport offering a direct flight. A few weeks before our trip we received an email telling us that our flights had all been changed. Now we were leaving hours earlier getting in hours later with stopovers both ways. These flights were on Christmas day and New Year's Eve - clearly a few hours made a huge difference. Also our seats were no longer together. I will never fly United again. Customer service is terrible.