United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Flew SFO to PEK on 29th March in First and we had an exceptional crew. I'm not normally one to post positive reviews about United but they deserve this one. We found all flight attendants to be friendly eager to assist and they tried their best to meet all requests. The food was tasty and served at the appropriate temperature. It's still not exactly an elegant service but it's good.

United Airlines customer review

I was a loyal and frequent Continental flyer for a number of years. All airlines have problems and cause the passengers problems. Continental was not an exception. However I was generally pleased with the aircraft (the newest of fleets) and with service. I recall having been delayed at AUS on a trip to LHR via IAH with my wife. We arrived at IAH with only 3 minutes to spare. We were met with a cart and our passports were checked and tickets issued as we sped along. All that ended with the UAL merger. I got caught in FRA with the merger mess on "the" day and since then it has been a series of canceled and long delayed flights with missed connections and very old and ragged aircraft. Most recently I tried to fly AUS to LAX on a CRJ in First. The attendant grabbed my suit coat and started stuffing it in an overhead bin. I objected as I was to go straight into a meeting. Seems the closet had been removed for an additional rows of seats. We were delayed for de-icing then for a malfunctioning APU. Finally at the 2+ hour point we returned to the gate and I deplaned making an AA flight in time. I suspect this is my last UAL attempt. Too unreliable.

United Airlines customer review

Second time in 25 days connection return flight layover +3 hours plus delayed takeoff by 3 hours out of O'Hare. This time there wasn't even any weather issues. Also both trips had cancellations and overbooking. Why bother paying for poor service when I can actually drive home faster.

United Airlines customer review

I just returned from a flight from Chicago (ORD) to Tampa (TPA) for spring break. I made a reservation that was non-stop both to Florida and returning home. I'm handicapped and was traveling with my 7 yr. old grandson. The flight to Florida was fine leaving and arriving on time. The flight home was a different story my flight home was cancelled during the night and I was booked on a flight that left 40 min. earlier with a layover in NJ. for 2 hr. then another plane which we had to sit on for 30 min and leaving late. I called and explained why I needed a non stop flight I was told the only non stop plane wasn't leaving until 3 days later. This meant instead of a less the 3 hr flight it was a 7.5 hrs. I was unable to get any help from management customer service.

United Airlines customer review

I flew from Heathrow to Charleston (SC) via Washington Dulles for vacation in late March. I flew UA123 which was a B757-200. This was an old plane but it had great AVOD and leg space and the staff were friendly. The flight was also early and very empty which is always a plus. The connections were typical subsidiary small airline service; nothing special nothing bad and on time. On my return from Washington our B777-2000 was delayed due to a fuel problem however the entertainment system was left on so we could finish our film. After a 45min delay the plane left and made up the time coming back across the Atlantic. This plane was half-empty and had been recently refurbished with a great AVOD system and spacious seating. Cabin crew were very helpful. I would definitely recommend United on the Heathrow - Washington route.

United Airlines customer review

London Heathrow to Newark to connect to Fort Lauderdale Florida. My trip to Newark was uneventful. It was after landing in Newark that everything went wrong. Starting with the long immigration lines that wound around and around. My connection was scheduled to depart at 1.17pm and I was still at immigration at 1.10 even after enquiring about help from a United representative who was standing talking to a fellow colleague. She told me to join the line and when I ask what happened if I missed my connection she just tersely answered they will rebook you and walked away. At baggage claim there was no sign of my bag I was told to catch the flight and look for my bag in Fort Lauderdale. I finally got seated without a welcome or assistance from the two attendants standing at the door. We sat on the tarmac for over 2 hours. In the meantime however the empty seats started filling up little by little and I began to wonder if they were not just awaiting a fill to capacity flight. Not offered anything to eat. They gave us tea coffee or water and that was it. Needless to say that when I go to Fort Lauderdale my checked baggage was not there and was told it had been left in Newark and would be arriving on the 11pm flight. As I am writing this my baggage has still not been delivered.

United Airlines customer review

Narita Tokyo to Singapore Changi on March 28th. IFE did not work (and even if it did I would be stuck with according to what was in in-flight mag an old and poor quality selection) food awful and had to pay for wine on a transcontinental flight (a first for me). Whole flight experience a bit of a revelation for me as I am used to flying Asian and European carriers. It was a bit like flying a short-hop domestic flight in UK - nothing much really to keep you happy while you are stuck in your seat. Maybe UA treat international flights like their domestic US ones. Even the announcements were the worst I have come across. Purser who did not seem to be able to speak English and a captain who had obviously not been sent on any course about speaking to the public (lacklustre disjointed and very rare). Won't be booking anything with UA again.

United Airlines customer review

Feb 2 from Newark to Punta Cana flight UA 1520 returned Feb 9 flight UA 1518. Traveled from Newark on March 21 flight UA 423 to Fort Myers. Returned on March 24 flight 1587. What a disappointment! It started at check-in at Newark airport they expect you to do everything and if you ask for help they make it seem they are doing you a huge favor. The seats are super tight have to pay for luggage food TV I'm surprised they don't charge to let you use the bathrooms! They make you feel like you are getting on a bus.

(New Zealand)

4 Sectors with United YVR-ORD ORD-BOS BOS IAH IAH-YVR. Very poor customer service on the ground and in the air. Greeted at the aircraft door by the usual icy scowl. A "good morning" from me totally ignored on all sectors. Officious cabin crew. A request for two drinks met by a terse response of "We do more than one drink service this is United!" Hugely oversized carry on bags allowed in the cabin. As a result the last few passengers to board are separated from their carry-ons and ordered to relinquish them even if they are of legal size. Purchased a roast beef sandwich on the 4.5 hour BOS-IAH leg it was tiny soggy and disgusting. On the 5 hour IAH-YVR sector departing at 2100 no hot items for purchase just snack boxes with cheese and crackers. I don't believe that United is any different to any other US airline these days. I can tolerate the ancillary charges the cramped seating the lack of food I understand that's what most of the budget conscience travelers demand these days. But simple manners courtesy and mutual respect cost nothing to provide and sadly they seem to be the most difficult qualities to find in any US airline.

United Airlines customer review

If there is any alternative to flying United take it. The staff do their best but everything about the interface is far from traveler-friendly. First of all the food - and this is in first class - can only be somebody's idea of comedy. Murky chalky flavors and strange un-natural textures characterized every dish I was given. Also on one recent Newark - Los Angeles flight there was were no screens in the plane - no movies no TV. No wireless available and no plugs.