United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

EWR-IND think United is canceling more flights than they are operating. If not canceled flights are most of the time significantly delayed. Ground staff are unfriendly and not willing to help. This is not an experience just on this flight it seems to be always like that. Comfort and service in the aircraft is lousy. Will try not to go with United in the future.

United Airlines customer review

Traveled CLE-SFO-NRT-MNL March 15th returned May 7th. Business class. Booked this reluctantly experience a year earlier was not so great on the SFO-NRT leg. In cabin service and food was terrible. This year was a world different. All flights on time or early food was good inflight service was very good the inflight entertainment worked great check in was very friendly and attentive. The final leg is serviced by ANA. Last year the difference between UA and ANA was dramatic. This year practically seamless. The only change this year was that we were on the upper deck this time. We were amazed at the transformation in a year's time. Younger attentive flight attendants friendly service and all worked as planned. Great transformation!

United Airlines customer review

Do not pay the extra cost for the comfort seats. That is the biggest scam that this airline has going. I have paid for comfort seats on KLM and WestJet and they were so worth it. This airline - expensive and the only thing you get is slightly more leg room. The same uncomfortable seat in all other ways. This airline has to have the worst service of all airlines in the G20 (sorry have not flown others). Terrible seats extra cost for luggage what food is available is awful and expensive and now you have to pay for inflight entertainment. On a recent flight to Hawaii at least they had the courtesy of telling us not to bother because the inflight entertainment did not work over the ocean anyway. I love to read but 6 hours straight is quite a reading marathon. I will pay extra costs for a flight rather than fly United.

(New Zealand)

As a seasoned traveler I am constantly reminded what a disgrace United Airlines is to the Star Alliance. I've just completed a Star Alliance Round The World Business First trip on Thai Lufthansa Air Canada Air New Zealand and unfortunately one sector on United. Despite being Gold Elite status and paying $US15000 each for the fare United refused me entry to their lounge in MCO at 0615h - when it was almost totally empty. They seated my wife and I in 3B and 5F for the six hour flight to SFO despite being booked on the one ticket and pre- allocated 1A and 1B four months earlier! Are the traveling American public so accepting of sub-standard?

(Italy)

26 April 2014 Verona-Monaco. LH 434 26 April 2014 Monaco-Chicago. UA 8838 26 April 2014 Chicago-Madison. Superb Lufthansa service than you land in the USA and there is a long line at Passport control and no way to have an express service. I missed my connecting flight and what a surprise it was my fault and I had to pay for the hotel transport food etc.

United Airlines customer review

Nothing but delays right from the start. We flew Vancouver to Chicago then to Ireland. Everyone had to check in themselves and weren't given seat numbers until boarding so no sitting next to your family. Staff weren't friendly. Flight was an hour late departing. No organization at all at the airport. Would not use them again.

United Airlines customer review

My father and I had a reservation to fly from Boston to Sacramento. We had a connecting flight in Denver. Our flight leaving Boston was delayed 50 minutes our flight arrived in Denver at the exact time our connecting flight from Denver was leaving. United Airlines didn't hold the next plane just a few minutes and so 13 people on our plane missed the connecting flight. The next flight for Sacramento left the next morning so we went to customer service to have them reserve a hotel for us but they claimed that the error was not made by their airline and wouldn't pay for our hotel. Now we have to sit in an airport terminal all night. United Airlines is not a good airline and I won't be flying with them anymore.

United Airlines customer review

Outward journey on 30/3/2014 on flight UA 941 and inbound journey on 25/4/2014 on flight UA 17. We had a double cancellation of flights to and from LHR-EWR. Flight to LHR was cancelled but the reason remained unclear and the flight from EWR was cancelled after we were told there was a technical problem with the aircraft. Luckily they gave us hotel accommodation and taxi fares along with also breakfast and dinner vouchers. I would not recommend this airline to anyone. It caused lots of stress.

(Belgium)

Nightmare with United last week. I had a 1st class ticket Miami-Chicago on UA and Chicago-Zurich-Brussels on Swiss 3 flights on one ticket. Connecting time in Chicago 3 hours and 25 minutes. Checked-in in Miami for my UA flight and Y flight was delayed several times. Finally the plane landed. Ready for boarding and then technical failure was announced. Staff did not know if and when the plane would leave. I explained my situation and asked to be rebooked on another airline any airline in order to leave Miami since I was supposed to have a knee surgery upon my return in Brussels. UA staff refused and were not polite at all. Finally at 8pm announcement that our flight was cancelled. I had spent nearly 7 hours at that airport. I was granted a room at the Holiday Inn airport which was fine and then food vouchers at the same hotel. In total 21 USD for lunch/dinner/breakfast. One thing is for sure never again United. I was rebooked on the day after Miami/Newark/Brussels on the day after first class domestic business class long-haul. Ok but far from the Swiss service standards.

United Airlines customer review

FRA-SFO on 747-400 this might have been a 9 or 10 star review except for the very late (over 30 minutes) delivery of bags at SFO with priority bags not apparently given any priority - service onboard was impeccable - staff were attentive and professional and did everything they could to make the long flight as comfortable as possible - UA really does need to start handing out pyjamas in F and could also make the bed softer as well as making the blankets thicker and wider if they really want passengers to get some good sleep. Food was OK nothing special - the mushroom soup in a very small cup was the best course while the beef was tough.