United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

IAD-SFO and SFO-IAD Flew United non-stop in economy. Absolutely no complaints. The planes were clean on time and the flight attendants were very good - always working. We brought our own food on board so cannot comment on the food sold. On the SFO-IAD flight there was quite a bit of turbulence but the pilot handled it very well. All of the United employees we encountered in the air and on the ground were friendly helpful and seemed to be happy in their jobs.

United Airlines customer review

EWR-ZRH. Traveled with baby staff very inattentive and almost ignored our requests even as simple as asking for some water (to make baby food). When water was brought this was done with no empathy and not asking if there was something else they could do. Any question was first met by unfriendly looks. United's ground service at EWR was a catastrophe. There are electronic check-in counters about 20 with max. 3 staff to put the luggage onto the conveyor belt or to help if something can't be done through the user's interface the computer tells you to 'wait for staff to help you' we waited for more than 20 minutes.

United Airlines customer review

We flew to Puerto Vallarta and back with a connection in Houston. Believe it or not flying United we actually had a fairly decent experience. Yes the seats in coach are tight and uncomfortable. But at least 2 of the 4 flights left on time. Both flights to PV were on time and landed a bit ahead of schedule. We weren't so lucky on our return flights. The flight out of PV was delayed about a half hour because our plane arrived late. The flight out of Houston was delayed about 90 minutes but wasn't United's fault. There were many storms in Texas that night especially in Austin where our plane was coming from. So again the delay was not the fault of United. When we finally did leave we hit a lot of turbulence but that was expected due to the weather. All in all United did OK. Other then a few of their complimentary drinks that's all we had on the plane. We refuse to pay for airline food. Not once on any flight did either my wife or myself use the bathroom. So to some it up even though I hate to fly this experience wasn't that bad.

United Airlines customer review

It seems to have become the norm for United Express to not announce any delays until everyone is checked in. Then the announcements come every half hour increasing the wait time. Our flight from Halifax to Newark was to depart at 1.10 pm and eventually left after 5pm. Our return flight was to leave at 8.38 pm and left after midnight. Never ever again.

United Airlines customer review

I wish I would have read the reviews for United before letting the travel agency book me on one of their flights. Twice we took off from Denver and both times we were re-routed back. The only information we got was a two second message from the pilot that we were going back. We were completely on our own to find out what we were supposed to do. None of the United employees were at all helpful and are very disengaged at this airport and it seems like you are bothering them if you ask a question. After standing in the customer service line to re-book I was told no flights for two days. The customer service lady did seem to care and spent half an hour looking for alternatives. I heard all sorts of people complaining about this airline and our shuttle driver said she hears about them all the time.

United Airlines customer review

Recently flew several long international flights with United from Chicago to Tokyo and back. For a 12 hour flight there was no inflight entertainment no seatback TV and they not charge money for drinks. I would argue that United is well below the average. The flight attendants do the bare minimum and nothing more. I will not fly on United again.

United Airlines customer review

My husband and I recently returned from a trip using United Airlines. We arrived at our international destination 12 hours later than the original arrival time. Since that was mainly due to weather I can't blame United. On the way home though we had a terrible experience. Our final flight from Houston to Fayetteville was supposed to board at 6.45pm but they kept delaying it around every half hour until finally at midnight they canceled the flight entirely. There were no more flights going out that night and the next day's flights to our destination were completely booked. We were given vouchers for a hotel which we got to at 2.30am and vouchers for food for the next day at the airport. We had to book a flight to Tulsa where our family had to drive a long way to pick us up. This plane was also delayed for an hour for no apparent reason. Upon reaching Tulsa we discovered our luggage had been separated and my bag was sent to our original destination while my husband's stayed back in Houston airport. We had to drive to Fayetteville airport to pick up my bag. The next day we had to drive back to Fayetteville to pick up my husband's bag. Definitely the last time we will ever fly with United.

United Airlines customer review

Flew to Chicago on Friday flight was delayed 6 hours. When it came time to return home I received an email that my flight was cancelled. I talked to a United rep she told me an identical flight was leaving at the same time as my cancelled flight so she would book me on that one. Turns out she misinformed me there was no such flight. I got to the airport found out she had booked me for a flight the following day so I had to rebook yet again. On my return flight the plane was delayed 2 hours. We all get on the plane and after taxi-ing for 45 minutes we received an announcement that we were going back to the gate. I had to spend the night in the airport. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines customer review

My husband booked our flight out of Gulfport MS to Las Vegas. The price was good but we were not allowed enough time between connecting flights. My husband is in a wheelchair and I appreciate the skycaps who managed to get us to the connecting flights although it almost killed me at 65 to have to get through the airport with our luggage. The biggest mishap was that when we arrived in Los Angeles from Las Vegas we were told there was no room for our carry on luggage so it was checked. My husband's bag went to Hawaii. After many days of talking to people on the phone who obviously have a problem understanding English we finally got his bag delivered. Flying United was very stressful for me and I would be very hesitant to fly United again. I think they need to do a better job of informing their customers of what to expect.

United Airlines customer review

Plane was supposed to take off at 1pm delayed to 3pm then finally to 7pm with no guarantee of no further delay. Now I am stuck in LAX waiting. All I got for the trouble caused by United Airline is a sorry from the representative and a $7 meal voucher - very good customer care indeed. Request to adjust seat told the plane is 100% full. Okay so I request to adjust seat in advance for my return flight now this is where it gets interesting: I was told by the desk representative that their "system" will not let her do so and was advised to use United Airline website to adjust seat myself the only problem is their website does not have the seat change option either. Overall I would not recommend anyone to take United Airline for their poor system setup and bad customer care.