United Airlines

(Thailand)

UA 837 NRT-BKK Biz. Sat on the upper deck to avoid the large Biz crowd. Flight was so packed. Hope UA consider to continue its operation to BKK again in the near future. Food was mediocre with beef steak. Japanese crews were polite and nice.

United Airlines customer review

I recently flew from SFO to Cancun and back. First off I had to pay for poor entertainment offered inflight when other airlines offer better entertainment for free. I mean I paid for movies that I can't even pause when I use the restroom (ridiculous). Secondly no food was served for this long flight. Even some chips or light snacks would have helped. Thirdly the seats were meh I have had better seats. It is a forgettable experience except for the bad parts like the entertainment system. If given the chance I will not fly United again.

(Thailand)

UA838 BKK-NRT Biz class. Flight was packed. Wonder why UA would discontinue BKK with the planed loaded with passengers. Laid flat seat. Sat on the upper deck near the cockpit. UA Biz were pretty crowded. Food was mediocre. Breakfast choices were Thai noodle or omelette. Grilled sandwich prior to landing was delicious.

(Thailand)

UA79 EWR-NRT Biz-First. This is a long haul flight about 14 hours on a Boeing Dreamliner with staggered seats. Would have been nice for privacy but unfortunately seated next to a guy who had cold and sneezed around most of the time. Mid flight snack placed in the galley was minimum. When I went there most were gone. Toilet was poorly stocked with only 1 liquid soap bottle. Flight crews were nice. Amenity kit came in a lousy tin can but it is said to be a collectible one.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

UA29 14/03/14. Friday evening departure from Newark and the airport was busy however the check in and bag drop facility was well organised so wasn't queuing long. Onboard the flight the 777 was full so it did feel quite claustrophobic the seats were not very comfortable but the legroom was ample. The flight only took 6 hours 15 minutes but the cabin crew were friendly and worked really hard and managed the meal service and two drinks runs before turning the lights off. Breakfast was served an hour and half before landing and consisted of a warm croissant and a small fruit salad. The flight landed ahead of schedule in to Heathrow and I was again fairly impressed with United.

(Thailand)

UA 468 SFO-PHX First Class. UA 1265 PHX-EWR First class. Typical domestic UA first which is nothing more than a bigger seat and free food. Ordered SW Chicken salad but got tasty beef with noodle instead. First class fare is not reasonable. If purchased separately way too expensive for what you get.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

March 12th 2014 flight UA200 was okay but we landed in Houston an hour late and were told our connecting flight UA5189 was cancelled. We were at Terminal B and at this point the service provided by United Airline Airport staff was very poor. Instead of providing us with a direct flight to Toronto we were put on 2 connecting flights these were delayed repeatedly until they were cancelled. We finally asked after waiting for 2 hours if there were any other flights to get home. We were put on an Air Canada flight to Toronto leaving at 2pm but told to go to terminal D to secure our seats and boarding passes but then were told to go to another Terminal and eventually found out this flight was leaving on March 13th a day later not 2pm on March 12th. Finally we went to counter 1 where a staff member helped fly us back to Toronto. We unfortunately had a 2nd overnight flight and although we left Honolulu on March 11th at 7pm we only landed into Toronto 6.45am Thur March 14th. The only saving grace was Air Canada offered free movies. We flew UA1715 and UA219 March 4 2014. Very long uncomfortable flight-no entertainment unless you paid. Very poor experience.

United Airlines customer review

UA28 9/3/14. Noticed online that aircraft had been changed from 777 to a 767-400 which wasn't an issue as the 400s have AVOD entertainment similar to 777 and are far superior in comfort than the older 767-300. The service on this flight was good after the food service there was plenty of drinks runs and the cabin crew were happy to oblige when you went to galley for more. I only purchased one alcoholic drink on this flight as united charge $7 for a beer which in my view is a bit steep for a long haul flight but typical of an American carrier. Having flown with united before I knew what to expect and I wasn't disappointed and most importantly I got from a to b at a reasonable price.

United Airlines customer review

March 8th 2014 myself and 6 family members and friends were scheduled to fly at 3.15pm from Punta Cana to Newark. Of course the usual 45 minute delay in boarding was to be expected but by the time we got onto the tarmac and boarded the plane there was additional 2 hour delay. Finally by 9pm 6 hours after we were supposed to depart we were told the flight was canceled and would be rebooked the following day on flight 1762 at 2.20pm. Back through customs back to pickup up our luggage and then most of the passengers went onto a bus to a hotel to be returned the next day where the process was started again. 2 more hours to repeat check-in of luggage security and immigration. To add insult to injury United canceled another scheduled flight on Sunday and stranded 200 other customers so we could fly out. Boarding in the 90-degree heat they revealed to us that there were new mechanical problems with the replacement plane. They delivered us back to the terminal where we sat like cattle again without any information at all. This was by far the worst travel experience I have had in 40 years of traveling. United airlines gave only an empty apology by text message on our arrival in Newark referring us to a website to claim a minor token gift which could never compensate us for disastrously poor customer service. The 2 lost luggage bags that arrived 24 hours after we arrived in Punta Cana the week before seemed almost trivial in comparison. What a shame!

United Airlines customer review

Flew VIE-FRA-IAD on 5 Jan 14 all economy. First leg was on LH1237 on a A321 second leg UA933 on a B777. Was prepared for a steerage experience on UA but felt the economy seat was surprisingly comfortable and the dinner ok as well. However there was a charge for wine/beer on this international flight of 9 hrs. I contrast this with the LH flight from VIE: complimentary sandwich and complementary wine/beer on a 90 min. flight! Try getting that on a US domestic flight!