United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Just returned from USA flying both ways with United. 3rd flight this year flying with United to SFO connecting to ACV (Eureka). United is the only commercial airline flying into ACV. Food is never that great but that's pretty much the norm with most airlines I guess. Inflight entertainment is perfect with personal screens (777 aircraft if flying 747 then just multi screen). I am a silver mileage plus member so currently gain access to economy plus free of charge which is a bonus along with the extra benefits of being a silver mileage plus member. Outbound flight on time three seats to stretch out across which was great. Returning from SFO to LHR all crew London based. The service from the Base crew was the worst I have experienced from any cabin crew. I've even flown US Airways a couple of times in the past and anyone who has flow US Airways will know how scratchy their service is but even US Airways cabin crew offered better service than what I witnessed from the London base crew with United. Crew looked like they didn't want to be there drinks service only twice for a 10 hour flight food awful. Breakfast just a croissant and a couple of chunks of melon why even bother. Maybe United should send out WYR surveys to passengers and that way they would get a broad idea of a customers experience. However I'm not flying with United for cheap smiles and attractive cabin crew and 1st class service what I am flying with United for is airline miles premier service with mileage plus and an airline that can get me to my final destination the rest is just extra.

(Malaysia)

I took a flight from Shanghai to SFO and onward to LAS. On the return trip from LAS to SFO and then to Hong Kong. 1) Old planes - the planes are so old you don't even get your own personal TV. I remember flying in the 1990s to be just like that when inflight entertainment runs over the large monitor in the front. How is anyone near those screens ever going to sleep on the long flights? 2) Food just is bad. You need to pay for alcoholic drinks. Really? You can't price that into the ticket? 3) Check in at LAS is a nightmare. The auto check-in machines don't really work and require a lot of manual intervention from the staff but there's probably 2 staff serving about 2 dozen machines. 4) Seats are bad.

United Airlines customer review

If I could give United Airlines 0 stars I would. United is a horrible airline with awful customer service unreliable departures dirty airplanes and rude stewards. I booked my ticket 6 months in advance and was bumped to a different later flight about a month prior to my trip. I called the airline and was able to be placed on my original flight. The customer service representative offered no sensical explanation as to why I got bumped. I wanted to ensure I would not be charged for their mistake. The representative assured me I would not be. Well that was not the case. On the day of my flight I found out I had double reservations for two different flights and was charged twice. I immediately called customer service to rectify the situation. I was on the phone for over an hour and the situation was handled horribly. I am beyond disappointed and disgusted with their lack of professionalism. As frequent traveler for both personal and professional purposes I will never fly United again.

United Airlines customer review

I used to only fly united but my last trip will be the last tome I fly United. I booked a trip to Las Vegas and the flight was delayed. United re-routed my flight through Delta. Delta offered complimentary TV and snacks more leg room and I didn't feel as if I was sitting on my neighbors lap. I think United has forgotten about the customer service which used to be the only reason I would fly with them. I will now definitely try other airlines to pick my go to for travel.

United Airlines customer review

Flying from Cincinnati to LA at 5.30am - got to the airport about 40 minutes prior to departure - told us we couldn't check our bag (I've flown internationally and have got bags checked with 30 minutes prior to flight and come on - there aren't that many flights leaving CVG at 5 in the morning) however they rebooked us on other flights and we arrived in LA about 1.5 hrs later - ok not so bad except that when the ticket agent changed our outbound flights she cancelled my son's return flights and when we tried to fly home - no flights - luckily another airline for the return but triple connections due to the agent's mistakes. The flights themselves were ok but everything costs extra now.

United Airlines customer review

After flying from Sacramento to Dulles airport in Washington and then on to Frankfurt it was apparent why United ranks at or near the bottom in the airline ratings. The Airbus 320 to Washington a 5+ Hour flight was brutal. There is no leg room at all the seats are flimsy and uncomfortable and it's impossible to recline your seat because of cramped space. It should be unlawful to pack that many people into limited space. The flight attendants were tired surly and unfriendly. We were in Economy but a row of seats right in front of us were Economy Plus they were empty on our flight. My husband needed to use the bathroom so I sat down in one of the Economy Plus seats until he finished so I could stretch my legs. An FA quickly came over and informed me I couldn't sit there. I told her I was waiting for my husband etc. She said rudely that I needed to return to my assigned seat. There were many empty seats on this flight but when people tried to spread out to get more room they were told no. One man asked if he could sit in one of those seats and was told no because they were Economy Plus. I don't get this attitude. The food was horrendous! There was no food service on the Sacramento to Washington flight which is inexcusable on that long of a flight. Aegean Air from Istanbul to Frankfurt a 55 minute flight served a hot meal - at midnight! There's something wrong with this picture. On the Washington to Frankfurt flight we were served something called a crostini. It had processed lunch meat and processed cheese. It was so horrible I couldn't eat it. Airline food has never been great but it's reached a new low. United should be ashamed of their service. We won't fly with them again.

United Airlines customer review

I travelled from Singapore to San Francisco only because it was a codeshare flight with ANA (from which I booked my tickets). Inflight entertainment was decent on the 1st leg of the flight to Tokyo presumably because it has just been upgraded with touch screen high resolution screens. However inflight service was horrid if you would even call it service to begin with. Flight attendant lashed out when I returned my tray (I was back from the restroom returning to my seat and thought it would be convenient for us both if I were to hand the tray to him since he was collecting the trays 2 rows before mine). "Can you please wait" with absolute annoyance and utter look of disdain before grudgingly snatching the tray away. The same flight attendant stepped on a pillow (which fell from a passenger's seat) while pulling the trolley and conveniently kicked it aside to the bottom of the passenger seat without a bat of his eyelid. On the food expect the same food you'll get from a low cost carrier. In fact you'll be better off with just cup noodles. It was the first time I have seen attendants hand out food without giving you the option to choose simply because "we ran out of xx option so this is your only choice". Inflight service was scarce no one bothered serving water after the meals and before flight landed. On the 2nd leg from Tokyo to SF there was a huge screen in front which they call inflight entertainment. You have the option to pay a nominal sum for wifi access and watch the movies from your own smart devices. Food was as poor as it can get for an international airline with poor service all the same. Rude attendants were still present but I was spared from any lashings this time round (the lady in front got reprimanded for the most ridiculous reason). I asked if I could make an inflight purchase 4 hrs before the flight was scheduled to land and was told the attendant in charge was resting. 2 hrs later I asked the same question and the same answer was given. Just when I decided I am not going to let United earn another cent from me that flight attendant finally finished her break right before the plane commenced its descent and asked what I would like to get. Do note that the ratings were made when comparing against the inflight experience I had when I took Cathay Pacific and ANA flights from Singapore to SF earlier this year and last year.

(Hong Kong)

Not great. Flew Newark to Panama bare bones service even have to pay to watch the tiny TV so take an iPad. Minimal service but on time. Transferred to Copa for short flight to Medillin Colombia seemed like first class! When I arrived I was told the was a problem with my return and you had better sort it out. Copa can do nothing with a 'United booking' so called United in USA to find out. Flight had been cancelled although no email received. Eventually got on economy plus and gone via Houston with tight connection but made it ok. They really just get you there and back without any frills. I live in Asia and in a country with usually great customer service US Airlines and United in particular are very basic!

United Airlines customer review

YWG-ORD-YWG: Got to the airport in plenty of time check in on United App didn't work for me so had to use the kiosk and have by far the United kiosks take the longest to fill out. Line up through security was long and slow due to only one lane being open (obviously not United's fault but still frustrating). United flight to and from Winnipeg are seldom on time and either delayed or cancelled probably about 70% of the time. It was no surprise to me that it was delayed an hour and a half. Ended up landing in Chicago about 2 hours late. On the way home mobile check in worked and the whole experience was positive. Got to the gate and seeing my flight was on time was too good to be true and it was. It moved gates and was delayed 40 minutes. Both flights were on an E145. I knew it was going to be snug so I can't really complain since I knew what I was flying on. Both flight attendants were pleasant. Overall I will not fly united anywhere other than Chicago or Denver and I'm even hesitant to fly United to those cities non stop.

United Airlines customer review

SFO-MSP-DEN-SFO. I was pleasantly surprised on all legs by the genuine friendliness and interactivity of the crew. I have often been critical of UA regarding their crew attitude but this was entirely the opposite and made the trip far more pleasant. Due to status I was upgraded to F from MSP to DEN. A nice bonus.