United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Denver to Midland scheduled departure time was supposed to be 2.15pm. The flight was delayed 3 times and all while the plane was sitting at the boarding gate. The airline employee spike very broken English. Said that anyone traveling with children needed to be checked due to weight restrictions. She then said that 6 people needed to give up their seats for luggage of other travelers or she would not let the last people that checked in on the flight. No one volunteered so she picked 6 people 2 of which were military personnel. Once on the plane people were told to move seats to even out weight since. We will never fly with this airline again.

United Airlines customer review

The worst experience I have encountered when flying. Total disregard to their customers and employees. The poor people at the gate were just beat up to no end and it was not their fault. Flew out of Aspen Colorado which only has 6 gates and 2-3 planes to manage and they could not even accomplish this simple management. United changed my flight without even giving me the courtesy of an e-mail or phone call to check to see if this arrangement was ok. It wasn't even a change in a flight on the same day but they changed the day I was flying out changed from one layover to two layovers changed the total flight time and did not even offer an apology for this inconvenience. In the future the only way I will ever fly United again is if there was no other airline going to this location. A horrible experience.

United Airlines customer review

I am on a flight to LAX from SFO already delayed by 45 mins waiting for flight crew to arrive. This had already given me a pretty good idea of customer service the flight's staff has to offer but that got solidified when I asked for 2 cups of water from one flight attendant and she told me - 'why don't you finish one first?'. She eventually got me another cup.

United Airlines customer review

First international flight from MCO to HKG was great. Very smooth. Crew very helpful. Being on a 15+ hr flight hydration is important. All I had to do was take my water bottle to the back and the crew happily refilled it for me multiple times. They even came around with trays of cups with water every so often. Second flight back (HKG to MCO) was a disaster. First flight from HKG to Newark was delayed 2 hours. Not a big deal we still had time to make our connecting flight. However the plane was further delayed by another 1.5 hrs after we were already on it. The crew were extremely rude. After 6 hours of no water my husband asked if we could refill my water bottle same as the first flight but this time they looked at him like he was crazy and said they were about to bring the drink cart around so to just wait for that. By the time we finally touched down in Newark we missed our connecting flight so had to be put on one 4 hours later. Again that flight from Newark to MCO was delayed. Instead of leaving at 9pm as scheduled we took off from the runway at 11pm after waiting 2 hours on the plane. One of the bathrooms was not functioning properly. They made an announcement that they weren't going to fix the bathroom but had to fill out paperwork anyway so we'd be off the ground as soon as paperwork was finished. Next thing we know a guy is coming down the aisle and starts fixing the bathroom. Then we had to wait for him to fix it before we took off. In the meantime they let 5 more people on the flight so they had to play the safety video a second time before we could take off. Thankfully we had no problem getting our luggage. The movie selection available was also decent. Food was okay for the first two meals and the third was disgusting.

United Airlines customer review

UA 861 from Washington to Rio de Janeiro scheduled to depart at 9.30pm. The flight was delayed first and then after making me wait for 5 hours the flight was finally cancelled due to mechanical problems at 3am. I got re- booked on the flight for the next day at the same time was given a night at hotel and $14 voucher for the meal for the whole day. The next day I found out that my connection to Sao Paulo to Rio no longer existed so was booked on a later flight with a regional airline. Basically what should've taken me 14 hours took me 48 hours. Furthermore my luggage arrived 2 days afterwards after several phone calls and different answers from United agents. The food served on the plane was inedible. Worst air travel experience. The seat was so crammed for a 9+ hour flight I had to buy premium economy on my way back so that my knees won't hurt.

United Airlines customer review

Absolutely the worst flight. Both trips were delayed for aircraft mechanical issues. 3 hrs on the way there 4 hrs on the way back. I've never really liked United but we still fly because we were avid Continental flyers for years. I will make it a personal goal to avoid United as an airline for any future flights I have. The price was ridiculous and the service and crew were mediocre at best. I thought United had newer aircraft fleet. Then why are two flights delayed because of mechanical issues? I would never recommend flying United.

United Airlines customer review

Milwaukee to Los Angeles March 16 2014 returned March 19 2014. Flight 5165. Flight 1273 missed this flight due to the above one being late next flight UA729. Return flight 1498 delayed and missed connecting flight 5438 rebooked to flight UA5425. Late flights and rude service. My flight leaving was late and missed connecting flight. On the return home my flight leaving and connecting flights were late. Flight attendant stands in aisle talking while we try to get off plane to make connecting flights. Captain had asked everyone to be seated unless you have a connecting flight.

United Airlines customer review

I booked a return trip to Las Vegas via Dublin. On the return trip the seat in front of me was an emergency exit. The seat itself appeared to be broken when the passenger in this seat put the seat in the rest position the seat reclined back so far that the space left to me was extremely confined. When I asked the cabin crew if I was obliged to have this person sitting "on top" of me she stated he was allowed to put his seat back. As a result I sat for 6 hours approx with no reasonable space in front of me. I got no food as there was no room to let down my food tray.

United Airlines customer review

Both coming from and going to our destination the check in staff were very rude and difficult to work with. We've always been around 50 pounds for our checked bags sometimes a little over sometimes less and most airlines don't care as long as you're close enough. Not United - it's 50 lbs exactly or they won't take your bags. Their check in staff are normally pretty unhappy and rude. What makes it even more ridiculous is most people just shift the weight to their carry-ons - meaning the airplane is still carrying the exact same amount of weight.

United Airlines customer review

I recently flew from SFO to Cancun and back. First off I had to pay for poor entertainment offered inflight when other airlines offer better entertainment for free. I mean I paid for movies that I can't even pause when I use the restroom (ridiculous). Secondly no food was served for this long flight. Even some chips or light snacks would have helped. Thirdly the seats were meh I have had better seats. It is a forgettable experience except for the bad parts like the entertainment system. If given the chance I will not fly United again.