United Airlines

"I would never fly with United again"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced! Flight was canceled by this airline last minute, and no help trying to get rescheduled. The flight we did manage to get they told us they had no potable water so we would have to use handy wipes! Trying to get a refund the customer service agent told me we used the ticket and there was no refund. So almost two hours later on hold the supervisor said to go back on line and try to fill out the paperwork! I refused and told her it wasn’t working and insisted she stay on the line to help me, guess what? It didn’t work for her either! I have to say I would never fly with United again, and highly recommend reading reviews before using this airline! You pay premium price for your checked luggage also.
RouteRedding to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"I am beyond disappointed"

Not Verified | This was by far the worst experience I've had with an airline. At check in for our international flight (booked 3 months prior for 2 people), the customer service agent canceled our tickets instead of checking our bags on a flight that was still flying (and still flew) after she said it would not be flying. Another rep even tried telling her we were right and she ignored her too! We were paying attention to every change to the schedule, but she insisted she was right and blew us off repeatedly. After our persistence, it took 2 supervisors and another representative over an hour to acknowledge and fix this incredible mistake and they had to book us a different route since our flight somehow no longer had any seats available! We ended up not being able to sit together and remained 3 hours behind the original schedule. This was my first international flight and I am beyond disappointed. I will never fly with United again and will not be recommending the to anyone for any flights.
RouteDenver to Newark via New Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"worst traumatizing travel experience"

Trip Verified | This has been the worst traumatizing travel experience. It all started at checkin. I wanted to register my suitcase but the system didn’t let me. So I asked for help but employees talking together, not looking at you or going to help other people. Tried to get help they said no more customer service. Tried again to talk to the workers (which are on the phone or talking together) so every time you talk to someone you feel like you are not welcome … then they said to fill out a form on my phone but my phone froze and I couldn’t do anything. I asked and they said no phone working you don’t get in we’re sorry we can’t help. Basically if you have no phone on you it’s impossible to check in your luggage. 1h30 h later I could enter and checkin my luggage (luckily I was 4 hours early)! While walking I realize I have no seat number assigned and I used a travel agent. So I go to my gate and ask for help. The guy cannot help me he says he’s boarding another flight. So I’m asking when can I come back I asked 3 times he always answered the same thing boarding another flight, so I ask where can I get help ? He said nowhere I’m sorry United has cancelled all customer service. While everyone is finally boarding my flight the girl asks for everyone who’s travel ready to come and my ticked said travel ready. So I went and she starts yelling and tell me to go away so I try to talk to her but she just gets crazy. Everyone trying to talk to her she doesn’t answer their question and starts to power trip and yell at everyone. While she was yelling at old people I asked her if she could be polite and talk to people properly, she flipped. So I sat down and let every single person get in the plane. Once I was the only one left both of them were not even looking at me. I asked to please have a seat. She reprinted my boarding pass (was very painful experience) and give me a seat that already has someone in. So I tell her this seat isn’t working there is someone in it already. She goes in the plane upgrades the person on my seat and while I filmed her she flipped even more. So I get to my seat the pilot starts to tell me what’s your problem do you have any problem? So I said no and try to explain the situation and said ok, you’re off I’m kicking you out. A man in front of me trying to defend me got threatened to be expelled from the plane so everyone sat down and they just decided to kick me out of the plane. I am completely traumatized by this airline and the people working there.
RouteNewark to Montréal
Date FlownMarch 2022

"very disappointed with this airline"

Not Verified | I paid extra premium plus so I can have extra room from Newark to Manchester and I didn’t receive it. I paid extra and did not get it. I’m very disappointed with this airline.
RouteNewark to Manchester
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"What happened to the customer service in the United States"

Trip Verified | United Airlines has been horrible with over booking! We paid extra for economy plus and reserved our seats but a few weeks before when they send updates they had switched seats! They left my seat and my 16 year old together and they didn’t have a seat assigned to my 13 year old! When I called them they say the airline is booked and they can’t change the seats for some of the flights and we have to see the attendant at boarding. Also at one of our connections they had all of us in different seats. Not only was their service horrible, there is always delays and a few times cancelations for that past two years when we have been flying! Now they just changed the seats you had reserved months before and separate your kids. What happened to the customer service in the United States. Also on this flight from LA they are doing the same things again. They have moved my 13 year old to 29 rows back at a window seat. This is not acceptable, if I wanted him to travel alone I would have booked him a separate flight by himself. After asking and going back and forth for so long they moved us to the back row where my son was placed instead of the economy plus seats we had picked at the beginning. Better than my son eating by himself but that is ridiculous. Airlines should not be allowed to switch them! We paid for 3 economy plus seats and this way they are forcing us to sit in a regular economy.
RouteWashington to Colorado via Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"what is the point if flights are always delayed"

Trip Verified | Not only does it take over 1 hour to talk to a customer service representative that don't even help you and could barely understand what they are saying anyway because of their strong accent. Not only that but flights are always delayed. I travel often and mostly use United because of their flight schedule, but what is the point if flights are always delayed, it became a normal thing from United plus their prices are not great either, they should definitely fix the problem as they have competition.
RouteOrlando to Cleveland via Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"we are waiting on the pilots"

Trip Verified | After a long day of work and then having to travel it really sucks when you go through the hassle of airport travel and get to your gate just to have delays. On a clear day we were delayed an hour when they told us the plane was already at the airport and wasn't a late flight in. We finally leave and land and the guy beside me on the 1st flight missed his 2nd flight but I was still ok. I stop and get some food and go to my gate, we load on time and everyone is on the plane and then there comes an announcement that we are waiting on the pilots. I'm like really, the whole crew is here and we are waiting on the pilots. Now we are still sitting here on the plane even later than the already late time for this flight. 23 minutes past the takeoff time that was already an hour late from the original flight time.
RouteAtlanta to Norfolk via Washington
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"deceives it’s customers regarding accurate delays"

Trip Verified | Airline deceives it’s customers regarding accurate delays when it is know prior to arrival that connecting plane is not even in the air. Either that, or their communication is inferior, which is a distinct possibility. Very inconsiderate. I wouldn’t fly with them again unless there were no alternatives.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSan Juan to Syracuse via Washington
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"What a poorly run airline"

Trip Verified | Old broken down plane has broken toilets and it takes someone two hours to figure out it's not working. Flight has been delayed for hours at this point, missed my car pick up time by half a day. Hopefully this airline gets bought out by another company that actually knows how to operate a company like Delta or anyone for that matter. What a poorly run airline. I say the worst experience every time but somehow they always seem to make it worse than previously.
RouteNewark to Vail
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Very disappointing and inconvenient"

Not Verified | Currently sitting around for a 5 hour delay for broken landing gear. This is the third consecutive flight that United has delayed me because something was broken or needed maintenance. Very disappointing and inconvenient. Will be flying other airlines from now on.
RoutePlattsburgh to Washington via San Francisco