United Airlines

"never book another trip with them"

Not Verified | I had a trip planned with my school to study abroad and because of COVID-19 that had to be canceled. I tried using my flight credits for a different flight and the lady I was one the phone with was extremely rude. I also had to pay extra money to use those flight credits within the United States where before I was going outside of the states. I ended up having to cancel that trip too (which I did within my 24 hour time frame) and have not received my full refund. I have tried contacting them multiple times stating that I haven't received the rest of my refund to which they say it was refund to a card that I don't own so I don't know where my money was sent to but I am very disappointed in this airline that they never tried to make things right. I will never book another trip with them again nor will I ever suggest them to anyone I know who is traveling.
RouteSt. Louis to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very disappointed in this airline"

Trip Verified | NO social distancing, jammed in to a very full plane. Masks were supposed to be worn, but some people took them down whenever they wanted to speak. Very disappointed in this airline that I have been a frequent flier on for years.
RouteKalispell to Moline via Denver
Date FlownAugust 2020

"extremely unprofessional"

Not Verified | It is extremely unprofessional to change the time of your flight without offering a similar direct flight during those times. I purchased a ticket with you with that specific time frame in mind. I would not have purchased that ticket if it was originally going to have that altered departure time.
RouteMinneapolis to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2020

"I like to fly United"

Not Verified | Had a nice direct flight on United from Newark to Houston. It was a midday flight so airport was not busy. We got a water and a snack. I was given extras! The pilot kept us up to date with flight information. I like to fly United whenever possible.
RouteNewark to Houston
Date FlownJuly 2020

"removed her mask after the flight took off"

Not Verified | On the ticket it clearly states must wear mask. I was on a connecting flight from Denver to Boise and the passenger next to me removed her mask after the flight took off. Nothing was said to her by the attendant I did not say anything due to the fact that it would be a passenger that would throw a tantrum and I did not want to make a scene. Besides the fact it was the attendant’s job. It was a full flight no seats between passengers.
RoutePhiladelphia to Denver via Boise

"They are terrible"

Not Verified | United Airlines is the worst to work with, when booking a flight, doing anything on their website and talking to them over the phone. I had two vouchers ($108 and $20) I am trying to book 2 flights as we speak. They took my voucher, subtracted it from the total and charged my card the rest of the amount but then never received a confirmation email, charge went through and now they won't let me have my tickets nor my vouchers back. I have been on the phone for 40 minutes! A total of $128 of vouchers! They are terrible.
Date FlownJuly 2020

"prefer to give me the future credit"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | During the COVID-19, I can't fly from Thailand to USA because the territorial sky is closed and I can't travel there and use domestic flight with United Airlines. I try to refund my money but United Airlines prefer to give me the future credit which is useless for me because we do not know when the outbreak will end. Moreover, I need to pay more money to them if I use my future credit. It's ridiculous. However, I got my full money back from Korean Airline and Delta Airline. Even my ticket is non-refundable, they did the great job and did their responsibility fully.
RouteAlbuquerque to San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2020

"Overall poor experience"

Trip Verified | Palm Springs to San Fransico. Poor customer service (rude and short). Terrible checked bag policy. Terrible check in policy. We checked in online and then we’re told that our ticket did not allow that, and we risked missing the flight if we did it again. Overall poor experience and staff members were unhelpful and condescending.
RoutePalm Springs to San Fransico
Date FlownJuly 2020

"My flight was fantastic"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Sydney via San Francisco. My flight was fantastic, the Crew were polite and welcoming. They frequently came around in case anyone wanted refreshments and when i fell asleep and missed meal time, i got given my meal as soon as I woke up. I was given a whole row to myself to ensure social distances measures were met. There were plenty of movies/tv shows to pick from and they also provided dietary specific meals, which I hadn’t had previously on other airlines. So if the crew is reading this, I’d like to give a huge thank you!
RouteVancouver to Sydney via San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2020

"told me to return to my seat"

Trip Verified | Prior to take off I attempted to practice social distancing and had moved to the seat in front of me which had no passengers in that row. I was previously in a row with another unknown individual who was also concerned about his health. The FA approaches and told me to return to my seat. After questioning social distancing practices she told me that social distancing is no excuse to move seat and if I was worried about social distancing I wouldn’t be here. I don’t think you know everyone’s situation, and could probably use a little work on those people skills. I’m a regular United passenger and haven’t had similar experiences in the past. If you’re concerned with yours and others health and well being I’d say skip United all around after this experience.
RouteDenver to Oklahoma City