United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Travelled to Mexico with a family of 5. United changed our flight to Mexico at the last minute causing our arrival to be over an hour later almost negating our travel to our resort. The morning of our return I received email confirmation indicating that our connecting flight from Newark to Syracuse was cancelled. During several hours of trying to reach them and receive a new flight to get home we were finally told that we would have to stay in Newark until the next available flight. Our flight from Cancun to Newark we wanted the inflight entertainment and wanted to pay for 3 screens. Between the armrest functions not working or the unit not recognizing cards we were only able to get one screen to work. My seat was actually broken and kept reclining back on its own. When we arrived in Newark on Wed March 12 2014 we were advised that we would be able to come to that airport to standby over the next few days in order to get one or two out at a time. We are a family of 5 with two daughters. We then were told that we could fly out on the 17th of March 5 nights later at our own expense. The cancellation 13 hours before was apparently for weather but when we landed the weather was a little bit of rain. We ended up renting a vehicle one way to Syracuse from National and a 4 hour drive later we were in Syracuse. I have flown United before without issue and were extremely disappointed with the airline on this trip. I will not be flying United next vacation that is for sure.

United Airlines customer review

Flew VIE-FRA-IAD on 5 Jan 14 all economy. First leg was on LH1237 on a A321 second leg UA933 on a B777. Was prepared for a steerage experience on UA but felt the economy seat was surprisingly comfortable and the dinner ok as well. However there was a charge for wine/beer on this international flight of 9 hrs. I contrast this with the LH flight from VIE: complimentary sandwich and complementary wine/beer on a 90 min. flight! Try getting that on a US domestic flight!

United Airlines customer review

I flew to Nashville via a connection in Houston. The first flight a 60 seater was overbooked by 7! The gate agent was totally overwhelmed. When I said I might "volunteer" to give up my seat she asked what the code for Nashville is. Agent came on and off the plane a dozen times before we finally left 15 minutes late. Return flight from Nashville to Houston was cancelled and the robot computer rebooked my for 5.40am the next morning. All flights on original travel date were overbooked. Got to Nashville Airport and half of UA's Expressjet flights were cancelled or delayed. Every gate had the wrong flight posted and they reshuffled right before departure. Aircraft taxied for 15 minutes then sat on the runway for 20 minutes. Not one word from the cockpit. Upon arrival in Houston we sat for 10 minutes until someone showed up to pull up the boarding bridge.

United Airlines customer review

We had a connecting flight from Chicago to Montreal at 7.30pm and boarding time was at 7.00pm. Got to the airport 2 hours before our flight and decided to get a bite to eat in the terminal but first we checked the screens and our flight was on time. Left the restaurant 30 mins before boarding when we go to the flight screens we had seen that it said cancelled we did not understand why? Told that the crew had not shown up and that there were no other flights available meaning we were stuck in Chicago until the next morning. 5am wake up to catch the new flight they had scheduled us on. Got to the agent at our gate and saw the agents panicking told it would take 30 minutes to get the problem sorted. To top it off my father booked a first class seat the plane did not have a first class so he asked for an exit row seat however they wanted to charge him almost 40$ when he had already had a first class seat to begin with.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Booked a flight in December 2013 for a trip to Palm Springs in March 2014 - at that time had seat assignment - little did I know that booking in advance does not guarantee you a seat on the flight - they over booked the flight and I was bumped off my 7 am flight and spent 15 hours in San Fran airport compliments of United Airlines. Waited all day to get on a standby flight (7 that went through that day all over booked) - would have been bumped from the 11 pm flight they rescheduled me on (after bumping me in the am) had I not checked to make sure I was "guaranteed" on the flight. Make sure that when you check in your ticket has a seat assignment - if it says "see agent" make sure you go early and hopefully get it taken care off - What a terrible disregard for peoples time from United. Feel bad for the ticket agents who I watched all day get yelled at by others who were bumped unwillingly!

United Airlines customer review

Possibly the worst airline to fly internationally. Such a shame compared to other European and Asian airlines. Traveled on the ORD-MUN. Flight was delayed due to leakage in cargo. Apparently they found it after every one boarded the plane. Planes are ageing. Entertainment system kept rebooting automatically. Each reboot taking 5 minutes. Service was pathetic. FA's never tried to help. Beverage rounds were few and in between. Overall has been a very bad experience whenever I have flown United. Avoid it like plague.

United Airlines customer review

I am forced to fly by United Airlines from were I live because they are the only airline at my local airport. I haven't flown them on an international flight since the late 90's. It was a bad experience then my latest trip was even worse. If you're looking for bad seats bad meals people who hate their jobs then this is your airline. They charged me an extra fee of $100 (USD) for my extra check in bag. I had to pay high prices for any drinks with alcohol on an International flight. They flew us home (9 hour transpacific flight from Tokyo) with a fixed cabin TV screen. No power outlet for electronics and flight attendants that made you afraid to ask for a drink of water.

United Airlines customer review

I had the worst experience with this airline. I frequently fly between Hartford and Columbus. All flights out of Columbus and Hartford have a very poor on-time percentage around 40%. My return flight had been boarded with a broken air plane which led to everyone de-boarding and boarding a second plane. In return many people on the plane missed their connecting flights from the delay and had to be rebooked and stay at a hotel overnight including myself. My morning flight the next day had a delay that cost be a full business day at work. This is just one of many times I have had trouble with this airline I will not be flying again.

United Airlines customer review

Returning to Michigan from Waikiki we got to Chicago where we found out that the plane to Detroit was cancelled. When we went to the service desk they acted like they did not care told that we could be put on stand by until the next open flight in 3 days had a seat. Their customer service was rude and uncaring. Luckily our travel agent called American Airlines and got us a flight in one hour.

United Airlines customer review

Flew United SYD-SFO in Economy Plus. Paid $200 for exit row seat so unlimited legroom. Staff business like but not rude. Soft drinks offered soon after takeoff. Dinner was basic but that was actually welcome - steamed chicken 4 slightly shrivelled chips veg tiny Apple pie drinks offered again. Water was offered twice during overnight and a midnight ham roll and Tim Tam for those awake. Breakfast was omelette and barely recognisable sausage. IFE was shared screens but I used iPad. Overall not as unpleasant as I had feared.