United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

This experience has been disgusting. I was flying from Newark NJ to London to grab a connecting flight to get to Dublin. The original flight was delayed 3 hours which wouldn't be so bad if someone would have properly advised us about the following connection. Due to the total lack of communication I proceeded to miss my connecting flight because United failed to give me the information I needed to make it on time. I will never fly with this airline again.

United Airlines customer review

Flew out of SFO an hour and a half late. Got to Houston only to find out my flight to Huntsville had been cancelled. I go to the "customer service" desk to be put on another flight. The only one she says is available is the 4 o clock flight the next day but I can get on standby for the 10:30 am flight. I ask her if I'll get reimbursed for the hotel room I'll have to get. She says United doesn't reimburse for weather and then tells me I won't be able to find a hotel room because there is a conference in Houston and there are no hotel rooms available but I can sleep in the airport. She also complains to me that everyone is taking it out on them and it's not fair. I proceed to tell her it's also not fair that my flight was cancelled and that they won't reimburse me for a hotel room or food or taxi fare. When I went back through security I was told I was not able to re-enter the airport because my flight wasn't until the next day. I ended up finding a hotel room and thanks to my mom calling travelocity I got on the 1030am flight. I ended up cancelling my flight back to SFO on United and booked it with American.

United Airlines customer review

I really was disappointed. Leaving Milwaukee no flight crew. One and a half hours late leaving stand in line for two hours to get connecting flight changed airplane waiting for me to board. This was leaving Milwaukee for Houston. Coming home leave Florida great. Get to Chicago no crew finally board plane wrong crew and asked us to get off the plane. Wait for right crew to get there held up in Milwaukee. Get on plane 1.5 hours late taxi back to terminal plane over heating. Get this fixed so we have no air conditioning in plane sweat and over heat to go to Milwaukee. What is the problem. Don't think I ever want to fly United again if this is the normal procedure.

United Airlines customer review

Seattle-San Francisco/San Francisco-Sydney-Perth. The departure staff were some of the rudest uncooperative staff we have had to deal with. Having stood in "row 5" to board and submitting our boarding passes we were told our hand luggage had to be put in the hold as the overhead lockers were full. This was very unsatisfactory as we were ticketed through to Perth. There was no checking of legal size of cabin bags. We saw many oversize bags go aboard including a musical instrument case at least 4 foot long. People putting their second piece in overheads instead of at their feet. If this was policed there would have been room for all legal sized bags. As we are aged 75 and 77 we had medicine required to be taken on the 27 hour journey. After removing medicine we allowed bags to be placed in hold. As the plane was about to leave gate we realized our passports were in our hand luggage. On approaching the head stewardess and the captain and explaining we would be unable to leave USA until passports were returned. Only through the captains orders our hand luggage was unloaded and brought up to the cabin. Full marks to the captain he placed one bag in the cockpit and the head stewardess rearranged some other bags for the second one. This delayed departure by 15 minutes due to the incompetent staff at boarding gate not listening to where we were going. San Francisco to Sydney was poor service poor food no drinks unless you purchased them. Qantas flight Sydney to Perth only a 4 hour flight and free drinks with meal and the offer of second one .

United Airlines customer review

Rome to Newark (EWR) in Business First departing at 9:50 a.m. We were lucky that we could use the miles we had accrued with the United Mileage Plus card for this trip and were very happy with the flight. United uses Alitalia lounge for BusinessFirst customers which is located in the basement of the terminal. It's very dated with white leather chairs and orange plexiglass dividers between seating sections. There is a bar just beyond the entrance which looked very poorly stocked with almost empty bottles of various liquor and the surly server behind the counter begrudging made espressos on order. Food consisted of some bread butter jam small croissants and cold cereal. Overall a real disappointing experience. The flight was announced in the lounge and we proceeded to board. We were in seats 3K and 3L. Others have commented that the person in the window seat has to climb over the person in the aisle seat which is true. Once seated we were offered a choice of OJ Champagne Mimosa or water and handed our menus. Our flight attendants introduced themselves as did the flight customer service manager (not really sure what that means). After takeoff we were offered a beverage and warm nuts. Food service began and was very well done - in courses. Four options for entrees were given and wine was offered throughout the meal service. After lunch a cheese cart was offered followed by made-to-order sundaes. All in all very good. The new seats are fairly comfortable although at 6'1" I found myself having to bend my legs a bit when lying down. Working the leg/foot and head rests took some getting used to. My biggest criticism would be that the "storage" shelf is over your shoulder and behind you. This includes the jack for the headset which I kept pulling out when I turned in the seat. It was hard to get to and pretty unusable. The entertainment selection was excellent with great late run movies television shows and music. An hour before landing we were offered a snack consisting of a chicken empanda fruit salad cucumber salad and chocolate. We landed 1/2 hour early and were the first off the plane. All in all a great flight.

United Airlines customer review

Flew a 747-400 from Chicago to Hong Kong. The economy seats were horrible. They were extremely small. The seats were so bad I stood for over 5 hours during the flight.

United Airlines customer review

Flew YEG to Amsterdam through Houston return in business first. Flight crew on all flights were great very professional and hard working. The one complaint was the food Tasteless overcook and very little variety. Also cabin could be kept a little tidier. Other than that good flights.

United Airlines customer review

IAH-SFO on A319 and SFO-IAH on B787. Comparing the 2 legs with 2 different aircraft is hard. I would look forward to more planes look like the Dreamliner in regards to age and cleanness. I have no complaints but just general concerns. Economy Plus is just the more legroom nothing more nothing less. It's the small things that can add up a pillow here and tiny bag of peanuts there and lets say a complementary cocktail on longer flights in Eco Plus to stand up to the "Premium Eco Class" and to be "Eco Plus friendly. I miss the work hard-fly right slogan.

United Airlines customer review

Boeing 777 SYD-LAX LAX-SFO SFO-SYD. Service was professional Food surprisingly good. IFE very good. Boeing 777 legroom is good. I'm not crazy on these new economy seats on United when the seat recline the seat base moves forward. This is not good for the back and make sleeping less comfortable. Altogether very good experience plus receiving 100% miles even though the ticket was discounted.

United Airlines customer review

Completely unreasonable and unwilling to help customers. Do not take United if you want any kind of decent customer service friendliness of staff or bearable trip. The woman behind the counter at check in seemed to feel a need to give me attitude for no apparent reason. Even at a small airport like in Ithaca NY United was unable to accommodate me.