United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I recently flew from SFO to Cancun and back. First off I had to pay for poor entertainment offered inflight when other airlines offer better entertainment for free. I mean I paid for movies that I can't even pause when I use the restroom (ridiculous). Secondly no food was served for this long flight. Even some chips or light snacks would have helped. Thirdly the seats were meh I have had better seats. It is a forgettable experience except for the bad parts like the entertainment system. If given the chance I will not fly United again.

(Thailand)

UA838 BKK-NRT Biz class. Flight was packed. Wonder why UA would discontinue BKK with the planed loaded with passengers. Laid flat seat. Sat on the upper deck near the cockpit. UA Biz were pretty crowded. Food was mediocre. Breakfast choices were Thai noodle or omelette. Grilled sandwich prior to landing was delicious.

United Airlines customer review

March 12th 2014 flight UA200 was okay but we landed in Houston an hour late and were told our connecting flight UA5189 was cancelled. We were at Terminal B and at this point the service provided by United Airline Airport staff was very poor. Instead of providing us with a direct flight to Toronto we were put on 2 connecting flights these were delayed repeatedly until they were cancelled. We finally asked after waiting for 2 hours if there were any other flights to get home. We were put on an Air Canada flight to Toronto leaving at 2pm but told to go to terminal D to secure our seats and boarding passes but then were told to go to another Terminal and eventually found out this flight was leaving on March 13th a day later not 2pm on March 12th. Finally we went to counter 1 where a staff member helped fly us back to Toronto. We unfortunately had a 2nd overnight flight and although we left Honolulu on March 11th at 7pm we only landed into Toronto 6.45am Thur March 14th. The only saving grace was Air Canada offered free movies. We flew UA1715 and UA219 March 4 2014. Very long uncomfortable flight-no entertainment unless you paid. Very poor experience.

United Airlines customer review

UA28 9/3/14. Noticed online that aircraft had been changed from 777 to a 767-400 which wasn't an issue as the 400s have AVOD entertainment similar to 777 and are far superior in comfort than the older 767-300. The service on this flight was good after the food service there was plenty of drinks runs and the cabin crew were happy to oblige when you went to galley for more. I only purchased one alcoholic drink on this flight as united charge $7 for a beer which in my view is a bit steep for a long haul flight but typical of an American carrier. Having flown with united before I knew what to expect and I wasn't disappointed and most importantly I got from a to b at a reasonable price.

United Airlines customer review

March 8th 2014 myself and 6 family members and friends were scheduled to fly at 3.15pm from Punta Cana to Newark. Of course the usual 45 minute delay in boarding was to be expected but by the time we got onto the tarmac and boarded the plane there was additional 2 hour delay. Finally by 9pm 6 hours after we were supposed to depart we were told the flight was canceled and would be rebooked the following day on flight 1762 at 2.20pm. Back through customs back to pickup up our luggage and then most of the passengers went onto a bus to a hotel to be returned the next day where the process was started again. 2 more hours to repeat check-in of luggage security and immigration. To add insult to injury United canceled another scheduled flight on Sunday and stranded 200 other customers so we could fly out. Boarding in the 90-degree heat they revealed to us that there were new mechanical problems with the replacement plane. They delivered us back to the terminal where we sat like cattle again without any information at all. This was by far the worst travel experience I have had in 40 years of traveling. United airlines gave only an empty apology by text message on our arrival in Newark referring us to a website to claim a minor token gift which could never compensate us for disastrously poor customer service. The 2 lost luggage bags that arrived 24 hours after we arrived in Punta Cana the week before seemed almost trivial in comparison. What a shame!

United Airlines customer review

On return flight to Denver plane waits for 15 minutes at DIA as ground crew is on break and between shifts even though docking space is open and available for our plane. The one checked bag I had on a direct flight from Calgary did not make the plane even though I arrived for check in at Calgary in plenty of time. As this was a small United plane it was oversold. With so many carry ons checked in below I and multiple other passengers had their luggage shifted to another plane. After waiting at the baggage carousel for 30 plus minutes all 3 lost baggage claim stations at DIA were unattended on a Sunday afternoon for over 30 minutes. When staff finally sashayed out the baggage reps stood for several minutes behind their computers talking to no one. The last 6 United flights in the past year that I and my family have taken have all resulted in some form of delays lost luggage or rude staff. I did not receive my luggage until 50 hours after my flight landed.

United Airlines customer review

Flew SLC to ORD then ORD to DCA both flights were great. The crew on both were very friendly and professional. We arrived early on both flights. I was in economy plus so plenty of leg room. Direct tv was available on ORD to DCA leg. I have flown a few of the discount airlines lately and was reminded how nice it is to fly United. Great trip!

United Airlines customer review

Travelled to Mexico with a family of 5. United changed our flight to Mexico at the last minute causing our arrival to be over an hour later almost negating our travel to our resort. The morning of our return I received email confirmation indicating that our connecting flight from Newark to Syracuse was cancelled. During several hours of trying to reach them and receive a new flight to get home we were finally told that we would have to stay in Newark until the next available flight. Our flight from Cancun to Newark we wanted the inflight entertainment and wanted to pay for 3 screens. Between the armrest functions not working or the unit not recognizing cards we were only able to get one screen to work. My seat was actually broken and kept reclining back on its own. When we arrived in Newark on Wed March 12 2014 we were advised that we would be able to come to that airport to standby over the next few days in order to get one or two out at a time. We are a family of 5 with two daughters. We then were told that we could fly out on the 17th of March 5 nights later at our own expense. The cancellation 13 hours before was apparently for weather but when we landed the weather was a little bit of rain. We ended up renting a vehicle one way to Syracuse from National and a 4 hour drive later we were in Syracuse. I have flown United before without issue and were extremely disappointed with the airline on this trip. I will not be flying United next vacation that is for sure.

United Airlines customer review

Flew VIE-FRA-IAD on 5 Jan 14 all economy. First leg was on LH1237 on a A321 second leg UA933 on a B777. Was prepared for a steerage experience on UA but felt the economy seat was surprisingly comfortable and the dinner ok as well. However there was a charge for wine/beer on this international flight of 9 hrs. I contrast this with the LH flight from VIE: complimentary sandwich and complementary wine/beer on a 90 min. flight! Try getting that on a US domestic flight!

United Airlines customer review

YQB-ORD on 13 March. One reason for such low rankings is that I never actually ended up on a UA plane. Scheduled to fly out on the non-stop from Quebec City to O'Hare at 8am. The day before UA emails me that the flight is cancelled and they put me on a flight at 11.50am via EWR. Nope - not on United. Online showed the plane from EWR on-time into YQB but it never landed. Around 11.30 am the departure board shows a 3 hour delay for departure. There is not a single UA rep at the gate - and no one ever shows up to tell people what is going on. The pilots and flight attendant who are to work the trip to EWR didn't have any idea and were embarrassed that one heard it was a mechanical problem while the other heard it was weather. Every other airline into YQB was operating on-time or with 10-15 min delays due to snow in Quebec - all but United. I spent over an hour on the phone with my corporate travel trying to get on another flight - the first United agent wouldn't help my travel agent so she called back and got someone else willing to help. I ended up on Air Canada to YUL and then to ORD. Air Canada was fantastic! United - what is wrong with you? I never say never but unless it is mandated I fly on UA I won't do it. I was Platinum with them last year and Gold this year but I'll stick with American or Air Canada.