United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

ORD-AMS on a clapped out Boeing 767 which showed its age. The worst experience on this flight were the cabin crew. The most unfriendly lazy rude and uninterested crew I have ever flown with. Shouting at passengers to close the overhead lockers refusing to close these themselves. This is one of their safety duties! The service was slow no peanuts/snacks with the drinks. Dinner was awful cold by the time I was served and totally inadequate for a 7 hr flight. Beer/wine are for sale only and when I asked for a soft drink they offered water only! A second request for a soft drink was rudely refused. Inflight entertainment was terrible small screens and all channels started without any announcement so by the time you wanted to watch anything films were already running for 30 mins. I am a Star alliance Gold member and have flown more than most people but this flight was by far the worst I have ever experienced. No more United for me!

United Airlines customer review

I booked a 5 day weekend from Thursday to Tuesday. My flight was cancelled while I was on my way to the Airport. I had to pay for a taxi to and from the airport and return the next day at 4am for a 6am flight. My original flight was a 2 hour direct flight from Newark to Atlanta but the rescheduled flight had a layover in Chicago. I arrived in Atlanta at 12pm. I could have leave with that but I could not believe that my return flight was cancelled and this time without a notice. I only found out because I couldn't print my boarding pass. I was rescheduled on a flight to LaGuardia and because the agent did not completed the booking I missed the flight and had to be put on another flight 3 hours later. I got to the airport at 5.45pm and did not take off until 10.53pm for a 2 hour flight. I am still waiting for an explanation for cancelling both flights.

United Airlines customer review

Louisville - Houston - Denver - Reno. All flights on time. Plenty of drink runs on all flights. Snack boxes for purchase but I did not try any. All the staff were friendly except for a grumpy check-in clerk at Louisville. My check-in bag was 54.5 lbs so was asked to remove an item. I pulled out one slipper and that dropped the weight down to 54 lbs and that was acceptable according to the clerk. I asked her if she was serious and she said yes. So I put one slipper in my carry on and went on my way. Flew on an EMB175 from Louisville to Houston which was way to small of a plane for that distance but I pretty much slept the whole flight. Then was on a 787 Dreamliner from Houston to Denver. Thought that was kind of a big plane for that flight but what a brilliant aircraft. New quiet and very comfortable. The plane was heading to Tokyo from Denver hence the need for the large craft. Then an A320 on to Reno. Everything went like clockwork so no complaints and my luggage arrived safely minus the slipper I had to take out in Louisville.

United Airlines customer review

May 17th from Toronto to Cancun with a connection in Houston. The plane had a mechanical problem half way to Houston and had to land in Memphis. More than 100 people were asked to stay at Memphis airport and wait for another plane to come. We waited for 7 hours from 1.30 to 8.30. The airport staff first said that the plane would come at 7.30 and later announced that it would be one hour late. All stores in Memphis airport closed around 6.30 and we were all starving. United did at least bring some food for us in this situation. We missed our connecting flight and had to call our hotel and pick-up shuttle to explain the situation. We eventually arrived at Houston around 11pm. There were only 2 people at Houston to help the customers arrange hotels and airport shuttles and they worked extremely inefficiently since they didn't seem to know what to do. In the end it took them 3 hours to get everyone arranged. Up to this point I am totally disappointed with United Airline. I'd rather pay a little more to get a better service. This is my first time flying with United and shall be the last.

United Airlines customer review

Long story short they kept finding reasons to delay and cancel my flights and those of the people around me. It was chaos and passengers all around were complaining of their own horror stories with United. I spent the night in a Chicago airport (admittedly a large part of my nightmare was O'Hare airport) and no one who worked there for United seemed to care that I needed a flight out because they were so overwhelmed with the number of flights that were canceled and people that needed to be rebooked. They didn't give me a hotel room because the problem was due to "weather" but that was simply not true. They told us on the plane that we boarded that we needed to go back to the airport because the crew had overworked their permitted number of hours and they had no other crew to replace them with. I told them I would literally take any flight that would get me out of that city and the flight I did get was canceled within a few hours of booking it. I went back to customer service and I felt like I was a bother to them for simply needing a way out of there to avoid sleeping on their floors again. It was like it was normal for them to have upset customers and the people like me who didn't give them a hard time were more likely to messed about.

United Airlines customer review

IAH to YYC on Boeing 737-800. Smooth check-in. Organized boarding. Clean aircraft decent seat and legroom. Pro-active crew and multiple offerings of beverages. Bags on baggage belt by the time I arrived there.

United Airlines customer review

BOS-IAH. I was traveling with my family for holiday from BOS-LAX via IAH. My son is severely allergic to nuts and we always carry Epipen with us. We informed United customer service agent in advance about the allergy they made a note in system and advised us to inform the crew on board. When we informed about the allergy to crew on board flight 488 they told us they can't make announcement about nut allergy due to change in policy and could not able to help us. Finally some of the passengers around us helped to request everyone about the allergy. The second leg of Journey (Flight 1121) crew told us they will make a courtesy announcement. After take off they did announce in so low volume that no one really could hear anything. More than 3 million people in the United States report being allergic to peanuts tree nuts or both. I would like to warn those people in advance about the United Nut Policy.

United Airlines customer review

EWR-PVG on a 777-200. Economy Plus exit window seat. Was able to get this seat without paying for it due to a bug in the online seat map (otherwise it would be an extra $192). Overall it was a satisfying flight given I only paid a little above 600 dollars for this non-stop flight which would usually be over 900. The food was standard but not very adequate. There were friendly flight attendants but some were very rude and indifferent. Entertainment was ok but the system was sluggish. The headset did not work but I was able to use my own earphones. Lavatories were not very well maintained and I didn't see any flight attendant clean it during the entire flight. However all these negative aspects were overpowered by the price and the free exit window seat. Would definitely fly them again.

United Airlines customer review

All week long flying with our three year old we have preboarded the planes. Well upon boarding a flight that need I say arrived two hours late with United we were told to get in the back of the line with her as they have voided the children board first policy as of this weekend. He was rude about telling us and made it embarrassing as if we were doing something so wrong we were doing what we are used to doing not to mention we didn't just try to be the very first we actually got in line up 2 just because we weren't in any hurry to board. After all we all leave at the same time right? After waiting almost 4 hours at the airport with a toddler because of a delayed flight that's not how to really brighten someone's day and treat them. Maybe if you want to change a policy like that again and be butts about it at the gate be sure everyone is aware of your new stupid rule!

United Airlines customer review

After having a confirmed reservation to Buenos Aires in first class for three months before the flight for which I used miles - I'm a million mile plus flyer - I was bumped from first class and sent back to row 30 (on a 767) because United had oversold the flight and other passengers had paid more money for their tickets (not used miles). The seats in economy are among the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. The United staff - who were long time Continental employees - were very embarrassed and said it should never have happened. And of course it should not have. A deal should be a deal or the airline should warn people in advance that their accumulated miles which they tout as being very valuable are really not so valuable and can become worthless if the airline chooses. When I complained after the flight United's response was essentially "too bad".