United Airlines

"United Airlines is price gouging!"

Trip Verified | United Airlines is price gouging! They charged my family extra to pick earlier and later times per person. Now they changed my flights later to go there and earlier to come back, without any compensation for the surcharge we paid for our specific flights. I reached out to customer service and was told it was valid. Makes no sense! Be aware! They will up charge specific flights only to change the times on you and no refund the portion that you paid for the specific flights. Robbery in plain sight.
RouteNewark to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2021

"United Airlines, you are awful and horrible"

Not Verified | Horrible Customer Service, atrocious. We had a flight booked for Florida during April, but the pandemic hit and the hotel canceled our reservations and our State went on a mandatory lock down. Called the Airline and these awful people said, well we are still flying so we won't give you a refund. We tried to apply for a refund online - denied. A year later clearly still the world is fighting the pandemic, but now I lost my job. We can't afford a vacation, not for years to come. Called them again. They lied and said they would give me a refund. Lied. A guy said he was a manager gave me his name said to wait two weeks. Two weeks later nothing happened. Called them again. 2 hour wait time. No one knows who he is because they use ID numbers and no notes on my account. Told me to speak to a "Refund Department". They transfer me and the department closed the moment they transferred. Called again. Same crazy situation. Same horrible wait time. Finally got to someone. She was worse than speaking to a robot. For the fourth time I had to explain what was going on. She gave me another bogus number to call. On hold with them now. It keeps saying my hold time is greater than 60 minutes. United Airlines, you are awful and horrible.
RouteLas Vegas to Florida
Date FlownApril 2020

"would not refund my money"

Not Verified | I booked a flight because I was going to my sister's wedding. With COVID 19 being a big issue the wedding was cancelled. My other flight cancelled without an issues issues refunded my money back to me because they understood the situation. United Airlines would not refund my money. I tried calling and emailing and they just did not care. I am not someone who goes on an airplane so now my money was wasted. I will never ever fly with this airlines because I feel that they should understand certain circumstances and help customers
RouteRaleigh to Syracuse

"Not a happy customer"

Not Verified | We had scheduled taking our family to Hawaii last June for our 50th, it was cancelled by United because of Covid. They wouldn’t refund but said it would be used for future travel. Rescheduling now is $4000 more. They have my money, they cancel and we get charged $4000. Not a happy customer.
RouteLos Angeles to Maui
Date FlownJune 2020

"This was an awful experience"

Not Verified | This airline charged me for an infant seat. The gate agent lied and told me that the ticket was nonrefundable when it was, and they refused to correct the mistake and refund me for my in lap baby. I strongly recommend you fly with anyone else. This airline has no customer service and charges patrons unnecessarily. I am out $300 because the gate agent lied. This was an awful experience!
RouteSan Antonio, Texas to Orlando, Florida
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not care about their customers"

Not Verified | I am absolutely appalled at United Airlines customer service and overall operations. I have flown a few times before only to be nickel and dimed for everything little thing from start to finish. I promised myself I would NEVER fly them again, but then found myself booking a flight due to their "COVID refund policy" assuring refunds or flight changes would be issued. Well, guess what, not the case. They have changed our flight three times in the past month (without out permission) and this time was the last straw. This time the change did not fit with out travel plans so I called for a refund. I was told over and over again they could not refund to my original credit card, but only for a travel voucher. Let me remind you they moved us from a $430.00 one way ticket (direct flight that we paid extra for on purpose) to a multi stop flight that took multiple days to get back to Denver. These tickets are about 250$ when I look today. They refused to refund the difference in fare change or refund the tickets. I asked for either of these options and was refused and told they could not do either. Absolutely disgusting and criminal and these people should be sued. I know I am not the only one as I read other reviews. United Airlines is a horrible company and does not care about their customers.
RouteAspen to Anchorage
Date FlownMay 2020

"had a nice experience with United Airlines"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Me and my wife had a nice experience with United Airlines. The food was quite nice and entertainment was good with lots of movies. The legroom was not too good and seats could had been more comfortable. Staff performance was good. Its just that the flight from Cancun to Washington the food was poor, just some small snacks and no entertainment except on their app on the phone. But for long haul flights it was good. I would recommend them and fly with them again.
RouteCancún to Frankfurt via Washington
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"United Airlines lack of knowledge"

Trip Verified | Manager (TPA airport kiosk for United Airline) at check in didn’t have enough knowledge about Canada border policy and misguided us. Instead of saying you need a return ticket, they told us that we can not fly to Canada without IRCC authorization. As being immediate family (parents of the Canadian citizen), we did not need IRCC authorization form. In fact it doesn’t exist. IRCC authorization is only mandatory in the case of extended family visitation. We flew same day, through Alaska Airline, Delta Airline, and Air Canada from Orlando International Airport to Canada. We suffered 48 hours of inconvenience and sleeplessness because of United Airlines lack of knowledge.
RouteTampa to Calgary via Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"miss my layover flights"

Trip Verified | Second time flying with United that the flight is delayed because of a light bulb, making me miss my layover flights. They are never able to perform maintenance in a timely manner.
RouteBrownsville to Los Angeles via Houston
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"Awful from top to bottom"

Not Verified | So far 2 delays, 1 for mechanical another for not having the proper flight crew. Customer service at the airport knows nothing, can do nothing. Customer service on the phone same thing. Awful from top to bottom. The absolute worst airline to choose from. This seems to be about 50% of my trips with United.
RouteDulles to Fort Lauderdale