United Airlines

"try to avoid this company"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Salt Lake City. I usually plan my vacations half year prior to be able to choose convenient flights and seats together for my family. Right before going to airport I received a message that my airplane is about to depart. I called representative and he told me that my flight was changed (-4 hours). I did not receive any notifications. The representative offered me flight for next day. I planned ski trip on Christmas week (expensive rent, lift tickets) and loosing 1 day equal losing $700. I explained it to the representative but he repeated: "Your flight is tomorrow". When I asked his name or employee id, he refused, I asked to talk to his supervisor, he refused and then dropped the call. When I called second time I was able to talk to supervisor and he offered me current day flight with seats all over the plane. After we came to Salt Lake City we realized that United lost our skis. They told us that they will bring our skis approximately at 1am. I almost did not sleep whole night receiving one message after another. Finally we received skies at 3:30 am. The flight back seats were also changed without any notifications. We were very frustrated and will try to avoid this company going forward.
RouteChicago to Salt Lake City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"lack of care for customers"

Trip Verified | Houston to Portland. Last time I flew they completely lost my bag. Compensated for about a 1/4 of it. This time both flights were delayed. The second because they had to completely deplane after fully boarded to change a tyre. When asking for a meal voucher, the attendant lied and said it was due to weather so no voucher could be given. Time and time again they astonish me with their lack of care for customers, unprofessional behavior, and inefficiency. Last time I ever fly United. I suggest, if you ever want to get home with your belongings, you follow suit.
RouteHouston to Portland
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"friendly and efficient ground staff"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Medford, Oregon, one way. Hats off to the friendly and efficient ground staff. Flight on time. Disappointing that they only offered water and cola on this flight, although to be fair it is only about an hour. They had a nice variety of snacks to make up for it. I wouldn't give it a very high value for money rating as this flight has been expensive for decades (no competition).
RouteSan Francisco to Medford
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Very nice trip with United Airlines"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Paris CDG via Newark. Very nice trip with United Airlines. The seats are pretty normal compared to others companies, the real plus is the light environment in the main cabin. The only problem with United (as always, I did 20 trips with them) it is that the crew were not really smiling with the passengers.
RouteMontreal to Paris CDG via Newark
Date FlownDecember 2019

"United went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | Was my very first international flight from San Francisco, CA to Sydney, AU and United went above and beyond in terms of service! The flight attendants were very attentive, and the food on board was delicious! Would recommend 10/10!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they would not let me move"

San Francisco to Atlanta with United Airlines. I will never buy another ticket, people were sick seated beside me and there were seats right in front of me and they would not let me move. They do not know anything about costumer service. Last ticket I will buy.
RouteSan Francisco to Atlanta

"flights are always delayed

Trip Verified | Honolulu to San Francisco with United Airlines. Staff are rude, flights are always delayed, and seats are very uncomfortable. On one of the flights my daughter was nauseated and we couldn’t even find a vomit bag in any of the seats around. They brought us a trash bag after it was too late. I can’t imagine how such an airline is still in business.
RouteHonolulu to San Francisco

"Service was very rude"

Trip Verified | Newark to Tampa. I go to check in my bags and I am active duty military, the woman at the kiosk denies me for getting TSA precheck which I am supposed to get, this has never happened before. I go to someone else they tell me they don’t know, send me to someone else, and nobody knows what to do. Finally get to the supervisor 30mins later and finally get it. Service was very rude, never experienced this before on any other airline. The people at the kiosk need to be retrained in manners and learning to perform their job correctly. was very slow too.
RouteNewark to Tampa
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I missed the connection"

Trip Verified | I had a flight from Sacramento to Cincinnati with connection via Washington DC..the United flight at Cincinnati was suppose to reach by 9:30 am. I had another flight from Cincinnati at 3:30 pm and thought there were enough gap between flight and i should be good with that. However the flight from Sacramento was delayed by 3 hours and I missed the connection from Washington to Cincinnati. United has booked me into another flight which was reaching Cincinnati at 2:45 pm.. I asked the United guys to suggest on what could have been done but they said flight delays are not United's responsibility.
RouteSacramento to Cincinnati via Washington

"upgraded our seats"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Tokyo Narita. United upgraded our seats from premium economy without telling us, which was a big surprise. The entire 10 and a half hour flight was really nice and comfortable. Because I have a MileagePlus account, I am definitely flying with them again.
RouteSan Francisco to Tokyo Narita