United Airlines

"My worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Flew Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco with United Airlines. My worst flight ever. Very old plane recline and old seat. No TV or entertainment system. Very poor breakfast, very bad service on board. Impossible to relax or work on board.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteFort Lauderdale to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Never again for me"

Not Verified | Chicago to Nashville. Terrible airline. If you value your time do not use United because they could care less about your time. My last 5 flights with United have had 2 cancellations, and 6 delays. Whether it’s maintenance checks or a pilot has not arrived yet they always inconvenience there customers. You pay them in full before you get a ticket then they never give you what you pay for. Never again for me.
RouteChicago to Nashville

"Worst service ever"

Trip Verified | Cleveland to Newark. Worst service ever. Crammed an entire sold full plane into a small bus after waiting 20 minutes outside to Get luggage in 20 degrees weather. Rude people.
RouteCleveland to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"I have had enough"

Not Verified | I fly a lot on this airline since it has direct flights to Denver and California, places I frequent. Because of the amount of flying I do, I have a Priority status. On several of my flights this year, entertainment was accessed only via the app on a cell phone. However, the connectivity did not work nor did the plug-ins for power to run a mobile phone or laptop. My last flight was to Denver on a ski trip. Even with my ski and duffle bags marked "priority", it took two hours from landing to get my bags. My impression is that UA baggage is understaffed (and also underpaid) where customer service is critical. Counter agents were pleasant enough, constantly apologizing for the delays. I am seriously considering changing my carrier selection. I have had enough.
RouteNewark to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"They canceled the flight"

Trip Verified | Portland to Newark. I booked a flight for my daughter to come to visit during her school break. She's 17. They canceled the flight for some mysterious ATC delays that only seemed to affect United, because I was able to book another flight immediately to get my daughter here. Still inconvenienced by 1 night by the way. United tried to book her on a flight 2 days later. Most ridiculous thing I've heard of. Altogether different, but I always said after that video came out of United personnel removing that man forcibly from the plane. that I shouldn't book flights on United anymore. Now I have more of a personal reason. Weather is fine, but couldn't somehow find a way to get my daughter here until 2 days later. No thank you. Not acceptable when other airlines are operating in the same airport with multiple flights and not affected by the mysterious ATC conditions.
RoutePortland to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"airport staff were indifferent"

Trip Verified | Why is it every time I'm stuck flying United the flights are ridiculously late. This time, flight 712, EWR to CLE. The departure time scheduled 6:14PM, there were at least 4 changed to the departure time with the flight finally leaving EWR at 10:12 pm. The airport staff were indifferent, no offer of anything, not that I expected much after the last United flight (out of EWR) that we were on. They held us on the plane at the gate for over 2.5 hours before starting to let people off, then telling us "wait, stay on the plane we were ready to depart", then spending another hour at the gate before finally pushing back. United, you wont get a third chance.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNewark to Cleveland

"worst food I have seen"

Trip Verified | As with all budget airlines the staff treat customers poorly. This was disgusting from the booking process. I am a high status star alliance member. But get treated poorly from beginning to end. Their website is a broken mess. I was absolutely unable to make the booking on the website. So I ring in. The price immediately goes up. They force me to do a currency conversion. But then just up the price. And charge me in USD at a higher price. Then I have to pay international fees anyway. But they don't charge me once. 8 times on this one flight I have now had. And the person messes up the booking so bad I have had to make many many phone calls to try fix it. I almost missed the flight because of incompetence of the check in staff. And again I am high status star alliance. So was at the premium check in desk. Came within minutes of missing the flight because of staff incompetence. Didn't get lounge access. Gate staff were surly and uncommunicative. I was trying to find out when the flight would actually take off. To go buy food or visit the toilet. Absolutely unsuccessful. Not bording star alliance customers with United star alliance customers. Entertainment system was broken. Power plug was broken. I paid extra for this SMH charging for services and not rendering. The flight was so late I almost missed my connection. There was absolutely no support from staff to assist me getting to my next flight. Missed the lounge again Same issues at gate. Staff just don't care. With the previous issues I had really hoped to go buy some food and visit a toilet. All of this was quite a way to go. So I sat at the gate. Broken seat. Extremely uncomfortable seat. Broken entertainment. The food. If you could call it that. Was disgusting. It really is the worst food I have seen on international flight. Couldn't even get a snack. I really enjoyed 30 hours without food and barely a toilet Break. United used to be the best. But are now the very worst.
RouteHong Kong to Orlando via Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"never fly this lousy airline"

Trip Verified | Burbank to San Francisco. For some time now, I have avoided flying United airlines to San Francisco due to their consistent delays. Unfortunately, due to a last-minute change in my schedule, I was forced to change my outbound flight from Burbank to San Francisco, and was stuck with United and their lousy service and small Express airplanes. Thankfully, I was able to keep my JetBlue return flight. I arrived at the airport only to find that the flight was, of course, delayed by an hour. Now I sit here watching the departure time change again and again — and not towards the positive. I once again resolve to never again fly this lousy airline.
RouteBurbank to San Francisco

"service was not good"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Denver. I really didn't appreciate that I had to pay for my bags and there was only one personal item was allowed to be taken. The lady told me to put my purse inside my bag pack, so essential I am taking two personal items except now they are heavier so I have to hurt to my back and shoulders so it follows this ridiculous rule of United airlines. Customer service was not good, the way my ticket was printed, it showed my husband's name on both tickets. The guy who checked our boarding pass was extremely rude and made us feel stupid for the way our tickets were printed on the check in computers. Once we got to the gate a part of the seating area was closed and there weren't enough sits for people. There is no lounge that allowes individuals with platinum American Express to use it. The boarding was suppose to begin at 12:25PM and we are still at the gate waiting. Will never travel with United again.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"no flight crew available"

Not Verified | Kentucky to Halifax via Newark. There was no flight crew available for our 6:00 am departure so we were delayed until 8:00 am causing us to miss our connection in Newark which meant instead of arriving in Halifax at our scheduled time of 1:06 pm we would not arrive in Halifax until 10:52 pm. No flight crew, who takes care of the scheduling? Poor performance, not the first time!
RouteKentucky to Halifax via Newark