United Airlines

"United is getting worse every time I fly"

Trip Verified | United is getting worse every time I fly. The planes are always dirty, seats are too small and people are crammed in like sardines with their knees in their stomachs, if you drop something there is no way to retrieve it until after the plane lands because conditions are so cramped and flight attendants are constantly ill mannered and rude. I booked through a third party and ended up with United only coming home. They did not tell me I would be charged to bring my luggage home until flight check in, the other airline did not charge for any of my bags. This racket is not acceptable. I was not forced to pay or abandon my luggage at the last possible moment. Then when we landed my luggage was filthy dirty and had foot prints on it. Now I know why I have broken items every time I fly United. They will not honor my accumulated miles. Apparently I do not meet the acceptable conditions, not sure what the miles are for if I can never redeem them. I am incentivized to gain these points that I cannot use when I try. Same with the flight vouchers for delayed and cancelled flights. I tried to use my last voucher and was denied over and over until it finally expired during covid. I called to request an extension and was denied. Finally to the female flight attendant on the flight from Orlando to Denver on January 19th, do not run into my children with your beverage cart. My kids were asleep and due to the minuscule size of the seats their legs had dipped into the aisle. First they were shoved aside, then run into with the beverage cart. The last time my three year old was run into the female flight attendant hit her so hard as she walked past that she actually pushed the baby off the seat. My children should not have been touched in the first place let alone harmed multiple times as they attempted to sleep through the flight. Life is hard right now for everyone, there is no reason to make it worse.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I would not recommend United"

Trip Verified | Flight was from Milwaukee to Norfolk. There was a layover scheduled in Dulles Int Airport, Virginia. Flight was scheduled to take off at 6:30 am they did not begin boarding till 7am. During this time you can see the flight attendants and staff looking for other staff to get the plane started. Once boarded they had us wait an additional 40 minutes in the plane. The reason we left late was to "defrost the plane." We arrived to Dulles Int Airport, Virginia at 10:10 am where we were asked to wait outside while they unloaded our baggage. Another additional 10 minutes. Boarding time scheduled for Norfolk, Virginia was set for 10:15 am and departed at 10:41. By the time I reached Gate after running through airport, taking train to reach terminal it was 10:43 am. I missed flight. They had the next flight available at 5:49pm and I would reach Norfolk, Va later than 8pm. I would have to wait more than 7 hours in the airport. I had missed my car reservation in Norfolk, Va. I had to rent another car and drive 4 hours to reach my location Norfolk, Va. This delay costs time and a lot of money. I am disappointed with the lack of professionalism with United. Staff should not be scrambling to start the plane so it can be defrosted. This is something that should be done ahead of time. I would not recommend United.
RouteMilwaukee to Norfolk via Washington
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"first and last time flying this airline"

Trip Verified | This was my first and last time flying with this airline. My grandfather passed yesterday and we needed to be in Santiago by 2pm to make it to the funeral. They changed our flights because the attendant did not know what he was doing and had to ask for help twice. They changed our flight to a later flight and the later flight was supposed to leave at 10:45am, it is now 11:00am and all they keep saying is that they are cleaning the plane. Even Spirit Airlines has better customer service.
RouteNewark to Cibao
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will never book with them again"

Trip Verified | I made a reservation through customer service. When I went to look at my confirmation it was the correct dates for my flight but the wrong times. The flight That was booked had an additional 2 layovers that I know I wanted to avoid. When I went to change my flight to the right flight, I was charged over $200. United airlines was unwilling and refused to wave the new fair price of the flight I was originally supposed to have. I am super inconvenienced and cannot afford to pay for my original flight and United Airlines disregarded my complaint through their app, customer service, and text. I am super disturbed that this is how they treat their recurring customers. I will never book with them again.
RouteBuffalo to Philadelphia via Newark / Washington
Date FlownDecember 2021

"They moved my seat 6 times"

Trip Verified | I do not like United. They moved my seat 6 times after checking in pretty much 23 hours before the flight, so you would think your seat is locked in, by the end of the shuffle moved from an aisle to a middle seat which is not fair. Just when I got to the TSA the overhead bins were full and I had to check my bag, no big deal right? They gave me a tag and told my friend that he would get a tag at the door down by the plane. When we got down there, there was a lady who said he had to then carry it on the plane or go back and get it tagged after he was just told to bring it down and get it tagged down here. She got snippy not going to lie and then another person had the same problem and then another so then they just had to carry onto the plane and stick it under their seat.
RouteNewark to West Palm Beach
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"the best customer service today"

Not Verified | I had the best customer service today regarding my flight from RIO to Houston. The person on the other end of the phone deserves a raise as this person worked with me when I needed help the most. I don't know the name of the person but this shows that there's still good people in this world to help. Very pleased with the help today. Saying this, if the start of my journey is on a positive note like I had on the phone today which Customer service gets a 10 then the rest of the trip does as well even before I take the trip back home after a long 8 weeks work trip.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"thanks to you I will stick to United"

Trip Verified | When I tell people that there is humans who are still caring and do their best to help us I truly mean it, today Mr. Steve Skewes helped me get home after another employee had said it would not be possible to make it home tonight because I missed a flight ‘due to my other one being delayed.’ I never argue with airlines because I know it’s nobody’s fault sometimes is the Mother Nature. I want to say thank You to Mr. Skewes at Washington Dulles United for helping me find another flight back it was all worth it, and thanks to you I will stick to United
RoutePhiladelphia to Washington
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"not recommend it to anyone"

Trip Verified | This is the worst flight I have ever been on. I missed my departure flight because they claimed the aircraft to transport me was faulty and so I arrived at my supposed destination a day after my chosen date. Coming back from my trip or vacation, my connecting flight was delayed and I was booked on the next available flight with 9 hours layover which was later changed to 11 hours 5 minutes. No food or water was even given as compensation. I was supposed to be at work but unfortunately I couldn’t make it because they cancelled the flight and kept extending the layover time. This is my first time flying United Airlines and I will definitely not recommend it to anyone. Their service is very poor because I have been at the airport the whole day after flying 11 hours from Africa to Washington. Look elsewhere for your tickets if you do not want to have this experience too
RouteAccra to Columbus via Washington
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"being lied to and delayed flights"

Not Verified | On Thurs Jan 7 my flight was delayed 45 minutes because they didn't have any flight attendants available. Flying home on Monday Jan 10 they delayed my flight 2 hrs. I asked for a manager and told him it was important I maintain my 11:30 flight schedule i asked to be transferred to a Delta flight that was the same time, he said that was acceptable and the baggage check in could make those changes. When I went to baggage check in they changed there mind and said the flight was booked. I offered to go to the Delta with them to verify they had available seats they became rude and said there was nothing they could to do. At end of the day I just bought a ticket on the Delta flight that they said was sold out. If you like being lied to and delayed flights United is for you anyone may want to choose another airline.
RouteMinnesota to Denver

"They are the worst"

I am not sure if anybody checks the customer reviews and I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody does. They are the worst, where do I start! No charger outlets, seats not reclining, bad service, unreachable customer service or call center! Always read Spirit Airlines bad reviews but United is the same! Did I mention I saw one guy bring on 4 carry-on's and took over 2 overhead bins!
AircraftBoeing 737-700W