United Airlines

"wasting a day of my time"

Trip Verified | El Paso to Houston. From wasting a day of my time for the purpose of maximizing their own profits. At no time have I been anything other than courteous, respectful, mildly friendly. If I wanted to trade my time for money that day I would have worked. I'm simply asking for a voucher. Not cash.
RouteEl Paso to Houston

"Good job United"

Not Verified | The person issuing a ticket in St. Louis was not that friendly. But then we took the four hour flight from Newark to Panama City and couldn’t be more pleased with the service that we received. Alex and the woman with him did an excellent job. Alex was so personable and attentive that it was a pleasure to fly with him. I ordered the beef and it was very good. Good job United.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNewark to Panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my experience was very good"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Newark. United gets a lot of bad press, however my experience was very good. Online check-in via the United app was easy; there were no queues at Dublin airport for the bag drop-off. Staff at the bag drop and boarding area were efficient and courteous. The aircraft pushed back on time and arrived ten minutes ahead of schedule into Newark. The FAs were again efficient and courteous, though not particularly friendly; a few more smiles would have earned them a higher rating. Alas, the breakfast meal was not tasty, actually very bland. So again some room for improvement. Against these quibbles, the fare was excellent value, a new Boeing 787 and very good punctuality.
RouteDublin to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"horrible and incompetent service"

Trip Verified | Everett to San Francisco. My early morning flight was delayed due to weather problems in the morning while other airlines reroute their flights from SFO to San Jose airport. After coming back to the front desk I was "recommended" to re-book and put on the next flight which one was after 6 hours because the front desk assistant said this flight could be "cancelled". I had to wait for 45 minutes at the luggage counter to get my checked in bag. Immediately when I got my bag the original flight was rescheduled again ... I rushed back to the gates, and they closed gates right before my eyes missing that just by 30 seconds. I don't know how they can justify that. I have never experienced such a horrible and incompetent service.
AircraftBA9402
RouteEverett to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"canceled our return flight"

Trip Verified | We were unable to make our first flight from Houston to San Antonio because we were stuck in Atlanta because we had to take our baby to the emergency room. We managed to still make it to San Antonio via other means but on our return flight, we found out that United had canceled our return flight because we were unable to make the first one. They’ve always consistently been a pretty terrible airline (especially when flying internationally) so to be honest I’m not really surprised they would do something so stupid.
RouteSan Antonio to Houston

"completely unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Denver to Phoenix. While flying with United, I had some great comments, mainly being appointed to the pilot, as well as several terrible experiences regarding customer service. From flight attendants being rude and unhelpful to representatives ignoring and showing poor concern to our flights and inability to fulfill their number one goal of providing great customer service. Something must be done about how we were treated because our time with United was completely unacceptable.
RouteDenver to Phoenix

"zero consideration"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Boise. Flight was delayed 4 hours before we even landed from our connecting flight. 3 more delays added to the first and absolutely no communication from United Airlines and zero consideration for the 12 extra hours spent in the terminal. Had to change flights to avoid another delay. If you’re going to delay that many times, just cancel the flight.
RouteLos Angeles to Boise

"a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Washington, DC to Tokyo Narita with United Airlines. All round a pleasant experience. Polaris Business is a vast improvement over the former 8 across business class configuration. Food was excellent (I took the Japanese meal), and service was always friendly and warm. The selection of movies and tv was enormous. United has cut back on some of the amenities first introduced with Polaris and I think this is a mistake because the cutbacks diminish United's ability to distinguish itself. In most important areas, however, the flight was just fine.
RouteWashington, DC to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"use a different airline"

Trip Verified | Tucson to Chicago O'Hare. Terrible. We arrived at the airport at 9:15 am for an 11:41 am flight. We were told that there was a problem with the aircraft and there would be a delay. After many more delays we finally left the gate at 10:40 pm. Unless your want to spend your time hanging out in the airport use a different airline.
AircraftE175
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteTucson to Chicago O'Hare
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I don’t recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Singapore. Got delayed and now have to wait 15 hours plus. If could give zero star I would. Gave us hotel vouchers to a hotel that was already full. Didn’t want to help us. I don’t recommend this airline.
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore