United Airlines

"Great customer service"

Not Verified | I would like to give 5 stars to St Louis location United Airlines. My elderly mother had a great fear of a flight, and Sherry had taken personal care to make sure she is safe on a plane. Great customer service. I will definitely fly with this company again!!!
Date FlownJune 2020

"has the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Albuquerque to Houston. I will never fly with United Airlines again. They do not offer any assistance due to weather conditions. My layover in Houston was cancelled due to tornados in the area and UA went to San Antonio airport instead. I had to switch to a different flight for the morning and pay out of pocket for a hotel and food with zero assistance from the airline. My flight in the morning was also delayed an hour but they don’t care. The fact that they can treat a person like this is insane. Airlines are in the customer service industry and United has the worst customer service. Don’t bother
RouteAlbuquerque to Houston
Date FlownMay 2020

"I cannot accept this rudeness"

Trip Verified | I asked the United agent working the desk at the gate for a boarding pass. She was rude and demanded to know where my boarding pass was and then ridiculed me for not having it. I stepped aside and said I cannot accept this rudeness. I walked down to another United gate and was treated respectfully by the agent and received my boarding pass. Why does united retain these kind of people?
RouteKansas City to Durango
Date FlownMay 2020

"Excellent customer service"

Trip Verified | Houston to Los Angeles. Excellent customer service. The flight attendant, Charles was incredible. Courteous, knowledgeable, very professional. Thank you very much for making our travel experience incredible. Keep up the great job!
RouteHouston to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I could only get a voucher"

Trip Verified | I planned a family vacation at the end of June and early July, back on January 1st. I am flying to San Diego with Delta, to Flagg Staff through American and home from Las Vegas on United. Unfortunately, with the corona virus, we are unable to go. Delta, American, Greyhound, Holiday Inn, Hilton, and Alamo all refunded me in full and wished me luck in getting a chance to go on this trip in the future. United however, would not refund my $2000 because they said I had bought "non refundable" tickets and I could only get a voucher to fly in the next 24 months. Every other company understood that these are bad times and refunded me "non refundable" money. Wake up United!! These are difficult times. Vouchers for a future flight does not pay my mortgage or feed my kids.
RouteLas Vegas to Albany via Chicago
Date FlownJune 2019

"on time and very comfortable"

Not Verified | European carrier left us stranded in Paris two days after the US issued the travel ban. Couldn’t get any answers from that airline in any way. US embassy in Paris was closed (thanks for nothing). Got a flight for the next morning on United within 2 hours, without being gouged. Flight was on time, and very comfortable in a Boeing 787. Thank you United-this seemed like a lifeline during a difficult and stressful experience.
RouteParis to Newark

"I want my money back"

Trip Verified | Due to fly to USA but due to Covid-19 flight cancelled. I’ve asked for a full refund which according to Department Of Transport I’m entitled to a full refund but all they keep offering is vouchers. These are no good to us as we have ongoing medical problems so chances of us now going to USA are near zero even though advised them of this still only offer voucher. This is their latest email: Dear Mark Harrison: Thank you for sharing your concerns about COVID-19. We certainly understand your hesitation to travel as the current situation unfolds. After reviewing your reservation, we’ve determined we’re unable to offer you a refund. Based on the fare rules, your ticket is non-refundable and the itinerary isn’t included in our current travel waivers. We realize this may be a different outcome than the one you hoped for; however, we want you to know there are options: You can use the value of the ticket toward future travel. You would need to cancel before your departure date and book your new flight within 24 months of the original ticket issue date. Please note that there may be a service fee and a fare difference for the voluntary changes to the ticket. If you want to keep your existing reservation, you’re all set. We’re closely monitoring this fast-moving situation and updating our travel waivers accordingly. We encourage you to review them on united.com close to your travel date for any new information. We appreciate you choosing United. Sincerely, United Refunds I want my money back not a no good voucher
RouteLondon to Los Angeles via Washington
Date FlownApril 2020

"Terrible company"

Trip Verified | I purchased 4 tickets to the Dominican Republic from DC with a stop in New York City prior to Covid-19. Shortly after the Covid lock downs, the Dominican Republic closed it's borders. United only cancelled the second leg of the trip, which meant they were charging us $2200+ to fly to New York, the epicenter of Covid in the US. Mind you it's about a 5 hour drive from DC to NYC and NYC was shutdown. Who in their right mind would pay $2200+ to take that trip? The only option they gave us was to cancel the first leg from DC to NYC and now they are using this as a technicality not to provide a refund (because we initiated a cancellation on a basic economy flight, even though they cancelled the flight to my destination due to the border being closed). Go to NYC for what? There were no hotels and the city was shut down due to the pandemic. How does this make sense! United should have cancelled the entire trip and issued an immediate refund. This is how they are treating the American taxpayer despite getting bailed out with our taxes. Terrible company. According to the Department of Transportation, if the airline cancels the flight or there are significant delays, the customer should receive a refund. I can't buy food with an airline voucher.
RouteWashington to Puerto Plate via Newark
Date FlownMarch 2020

"do not care about their customers"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight back in March and cancelled the flight due to COVID-19. United gave me airline credit and I asked for a refund because I'm currently not working and have a family to provide for. They didn't care and said that I have the flight credit for 2 years. And I explained to them that I will not be traveling anytime soon due to financial hardship. I don't understand how a company can be so harsh and cruel, especially since people are out of work due to COVID-19. I was a repeat customer of United Airlines, now I will never fly with them again nor encourage others to fly with them. They do not care about their customers.
RouteNewark to San Antonio
Date FlownMarch 2020

" We need refunds not vouchers"

Not Verified | United is the worst airline! The way they are treating customers during the pandemic is shameful. We need refunds not vouchers. They could be winning over customers like their competitors but instead are screwing them over!
RouteChattanooga to Chicago