United Airlines

"do not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Honolulu to San Francisco. Seats: 3x4x3. Extremely cramped and limited space for luggage in your seating area. Does no accommodate all body types, it feels like they think everyone is 5'4" and 150 pounds. This is a 5 hour flight and no entertainment unless you download their app on your smart phone. I do not recommend this airline at all. I have flown countless times all over the U.S. and in Canada and Mexico. This is without a doubt the worst airline I have come across
RouteHonolulu to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2018

"poor service towards economy class"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Houston. Really poor service towards economy class passengers. I don’t expect first class treatment but I do expect good customer friendly service because at the end of the day I am a customer too.
RouteCancun to Houston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"answer the question they are asked"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Pittsburgh via Denver with 39 mins connection time. I kindly asked the flight attendant about my connecting flight to Pittsburgh. I was concerned whether I could make my connection. She then asked me “Why would you book a flight so close to one another?” in a disrespectful tone. How does that address my concern? It’s no one’s business. Moving forward, I would appreciate if flight attendants would answer the question they are asked and address the concern.
RouteSan Jose to Pittsburgh via Denver
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Missing cut off by 5 minutes"

Trip Verified | I am writing this letter furious with United Airlines for what I am being put through without my consent. Yesterday I arrived to my flight 25 minutes prior to scheduled boarding time. I find out I could not get my bag on the flight because the cut off is 30 minutes prior to boarding. Missing the cut off by 5 minutes and with no other flights out that night I agreed upon taking the morning flight out. I arrive to the airport at 5:20. I walk right up to an agent showed them my new boarding pass and he then pointed his finger to the kiosks and told me I had to go over there. My boarding pass then does not read on the kiosk so I then have to wait for the one man working all of the kiosks In the airline while The agents continued to talk amongst themselves behind the desks. Finally the man comes to help me and then tells me I have to check in with an agent and my flight is leaving in 30 minutes to get my bag on. I walked to the desk and quickly explained that I need to get this bag on that I am going to miss my flight. I Demanded someone to Help me and another lady told me that she could help me so I ran over to her. She put mne on the next flight without telling me and checks my bag. I am now running through TSA and get to the gate at 6am to see the door close and I begged them to open it back up and they told me you are already put on the next flight.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Newark
Date FlownOctober 2018

"No announcement or update"

Trip Verified | Denver to New York. Sitting at Denver airport, flight is 25mins late. No announcement or update from anyone. The crew are just as confused as the passengers. Not a great start.
RouteDenver to New York
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Both of my flights were canceled"

Trip Verified | Tucson to Houston. I'll try and summarize, my actual review I wrote was over 5000 characters. Both of my flights were canceled, the one coming home forced me to get a hotel in Houston. Trying to get questions answered, I called, emailed, left voice messages, and all I got was I can't help you try another department. I paid for the front row both direction and was given a ticket towards the back of the plane. Even with the confirmation email in hand I had problems getting the seat I requested and paid for (they were empty). The planes had no entertainment, no radio, nothing, I would have been fine with this if the ticket wasn't $500, but more in line of $200. Both flights were morning flights and the served cookies as the snack, really who wants cookies at 8 am. The flight crew came by once to hand out the cookies and a tiny drink just enough to get your mouth wet craving more and once to collect trash at the very end of the flight. After countless attempts to get answers and solve my issues I had to threaten a credit card dispute to get a response. What did the offer? A worthless voucher that would have cost me more money if I could have even used it.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-175
RouteTucson to Houston
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Farewell United Airlines"

Trip Verified | Milwaukee to Baltimore via Chicago. I have flown for over 40 years with many, many carriers. Sometimes you see how a company performs from small things. I flew recently short distances with Southwest. Friendly staff, carryon allowed of reasonable size, no cost for changes and 2 or more bags to check for free. Today I am flying United from Milwaukee to Baltimore via Chicago. I get to the airport with a standard carryon bag (has fit in all carriers I have used) and a little bag that vould fit inside the carry on if they only allow one piece. The measure at the counter fits but you cannot carry it on, the lady says. Well, I can put the larger in the smaller but no that is bigger than their “standard” measures. I am forced to check the bag in and have to pay 30 USD. Also, this “airline” splits the economy in economy and basic economy. With the latter you cannot pick your seat, check in on line and cannot bring a carryon that fits criteria for all other carriers. And when I told the lady at the counter about what the rest of the world does because they like their passengers, they even argued with me. Well they lost a customer for my lifetime at least. One can argue that is just one customer, but customer care starts with one customer at the time. Farewell United Airlines. You have managed to lose me and my family as customers for ever!
RouteMilwaukee to Baltimore via Chicago

"horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Omaha to Raleigh. Horrible, horrible experience with this airline. After having to reschedule due to a hurricane my experience with this airline was awful. They kept me waiting at the airport for six hours after delayed by my flight twice and then they ended up putting me on an entirely different airlines plane. Of course it didn’t have any of the amenities I paid for and was probably the smallest plane I’ve ever been on in my life. Staff were rude and seemed like they’d rather be anywhere else except work. I understand why though because if they treat their employees anything like their customers I wouldn’t want to be there working for them either. Take my advice try a different airline. You’ll save yourself a lot of stress and hassle.
RouteOmaha to Raleigh
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the worst customer service"

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | Everything started with us missing our flight because they only had 2 officers at immigration when 3 planes came in. We of course didn’t make it on time for our flight, when we asked United to help out at least with a free hotel stay they said it wasn’t their problem. I think if one of their guest misses a flight because of migration being so irresponsible for not having more officers well at least United should help out their customers. We went to pick up our luggage for the flight that will now leave tomorrow and it took 3 hours to get our luggage from them. United has the worst customer service.
RouteHouston to Raleigh Durham

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew Houston to San Jose. United Airlines flight had poor customer service, made me pay for a purse when I had flown Spirit to Houston and my bag fit under the seat easily. Quality is poor, I was terrified of flying Spirit but they surpass United easily. I hope more companies challenge the old airlines.
RouteHouston to San Jose