United Airlines

"Never take the flight credit"

Not Verified | Never take the flight credit (when you cancel and rebook a flight) you will never be able to use it and the value doesn't make sense. The service is bare minimum and there is nothing on board (no tv, no blanket, no pillow etc) you will get a alcohol swab when you arrive but there was old garbage in the pocket of my seat. Had to pick up my luggage and recheck them when switch flight. I give more than 1 star just because the flight atttendants were nice.
RouteMontreal to Houston
Date FlownOctober 2021

"customer service is beyond terrible"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience in my life. I dropped my parents at the airport today (both senior citizens). We arrived 3.5 hours prior to their flight since they were flying from Dallas - San Francisco - Delhi. The united representatives were absolutely terrible towards us. India now needs a health declaration form prior to entire the country and we have been having issues with the website for a few days. Once we got to the airport we were instructed to fill the form on our cellphones to get our boarding passes. I understand rules and I understand that this is a requirement. However, the website was not working and kept giving us errors while uploading the documents necessary. We tried to fill the form for 2.5 hours and the representatives offered no help at all. When we approached them they would either not make eye contact. Disregard us completely. Say “well, keep trying”. Give us the most idiotic response for a technical issue by saying “keep filling the form over and over again” I cannot begin to express the lack of empathy, consideration and support they had towards my family. We did not ask them to make an “exception” we simply asked for assistance. Midst an anxiety attack they had the audacity to say to me “well, too bad, you'll just need to rebook” It took me almost 3 hours, 27 tries and 0 help from the staff to get the “form” they needed. My parents had under 45 minutes to go through security and make it. This kind of customer service is beyond terrible and your lack of empathy and help is honestly disgusting. Never flying with you again
RouteDallas to Delhi via San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2021

"getting worse with every flight"

Trip Verified | Sarasota gate agents standing around doing nothing. When I asked for help getting seat assignment, I was told they just push wheelchairs and was sent to another line. Over the intercom gate agent explained how short staffed they were. Almost an hour late leaving and missed my connection in Houston. Now I wait again after being told no seat assignment until they release seats. I was told to come back when they start boarding. No Wi Fi on plane. I was told the aircraft hasn't been fit with WI Fi yet. For two hours I was kicked by baby on the lap of lady next to me. Listened to crying most of the flight. United just keeps getting worse with every flight.
RouteSarasota to Houston
Date FlownOctober 2021

"the worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | The worst customer service. I booked for a a round trip flight to Jamaica October 12-October 16th - my October 12 flight was canceled so I decided to leave my return flight as Is, but book the cancelled flight through another company. This lead to United accidentally cancelling both my going and return flights. When I went to check in the day before leaving Jamaica I found this information out. I called to rectify the situation and I was on transferred hung up on and on hold from 4-10pm. They offered me a credit but because I booked through a travel agency I would need to call then to confirm the credit. The issue was the travel agency I used was closed and wouldn’t open back up until after my schedule flight which was less the 24hours away. This is the worst airline experience I ever had
RouteNewark to Montego Bay
Date FlownOctober 2021

"disappointed in the service"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in the service. My flight changed 4 times due to a delay from another aircraft. Which I can understand. However my 9:15 flight was delayed till midnight , then another 30 minutes went by because they wanted to load the plane with other passengers. That rubbed me the wrong way. 4 hour delay and you make us wait longer for a more profitable flight? None of the other options they sent worked as I was there for 24 hours for a wedding. I expected to be taken care of in some way even some sort of “I’m sorry this happened and the way you were treated” but I got nothing but excuses. I was out a day in my hotel, car rental as they closed plus the added taxi. More importantly I was out family time.
RouteDenver to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2021

"poor customer service"

Not Verified | I booked a flight with United Airlines back in 2020 for a trip to Mexico that got cancelled due to COVID and was told only half the ticket would be charged instead the full amount was. Trying to reuse the ETC that I was given instead of my original tendered payment should have been the first sign. However, I was forced to pay the difference between the underfunded amount the new ticket cost. Fast forward to September 30 I logged on to check my flight time only to find an issue with my tickets - a big issue, like they have canceled my wife and I's ticket. To make matters worse, they never called and I was forced to fly with another airline but the cost was sufficiently higher and United Airlines refused to cover the difference even though it was there fault. They quit providing customer service because altogether they owe me Over $800 that I will never see. My advice is to fellow air travelers is to fly with another, especially after the poor customer service that was received.
RouteCharleston to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownOctober 2021

"she was super friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | I had a very long day after missing my first flight due to an Airport train being broken and also myself is also to blame for misjudging the Denver security line, but I was 3-5 minutes late for boarding. I then talked to quite a few United agents and long story short the last United agent I talked to was Michelle (who boarded us to Knoxville) and she was super friendly and helpful and went out of her way to help me. Thank you again Michelle, you really changed my attitude towards United in a positive way!
RouteDenver to Knoxville
Date FlownOctober 2021

"wanted to say thank you to airline"

Trip Verified | I had flight to Newark this morning, and my ESTA was cancelled, I started new application it didn’t allowed me to make a payment for new application. I spoke with airline they said all is okay and I can make my way to airport, At airport I came to know that I will have to make a payment for new ESTA, I made payment and before I could receive approval my flight was departed, and that’s where my worry started, I was told to call agent to make a new reservation instead I called airline and spoke with lady, she was very kind and airline policy was very relaxed she told me three will be no charge for new reservation, I waited for ESTA to approve, it was approved and called airline again, this time I spoke with man, he understood my situation he booked me on afternoon flight and I boarded on plane and still I am Enroute to my destination. In flight experience was great. I just wanted to say thank you to airline for this kind gesture I was expecting to pay around £500 for same day flight, United saved my plan.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Newark

"movies had commercials"

Trip Verified | We’ve been trained to expect flying for four or five hours cramped, sitting with our knees tight against seat in front, squeezing in and out to get up, and pushing and grunting past others in the aisle. On my Oct 11 flight from Newark to Phoenix, they reached another low: movies had commercials. Furthermore, during an exciting scene in a Star Trek movie, a stewardess announced a sale on Hawaii trips over all entertainment, giving it the priority of flight instructions. You’ve sunk that low?
RouteNewark to Phoenix

"Highly disappointed"

Trip Verified | We were scheduled to fly out of Columbus on 9/11/2021 at 8:05ish. We arrived at the airport at 6:00am, plenty of time or so we thought. We got in line to check our one bag. There was probably 8 people ahead of us, two lines were going at the same time. Well, I guess we chose the wrong lane along with 8 other people. Our attendant kept taking other people ahead of us and we all missed our flight. We didn’t get our bag checked in time because someone on a later flight was checking literally 16 huge bags. Once our flight left, along with our children (they were in the other line), we were told to wait and someone would get us on another flight. Finally we were put on another flight that now was to leave at 2:00pm and arrive in Pensacola at 7:00 with a 3 hour layover in Washington DC. Our kids would have to wait at the airport for 6 hours. I went to the counter to check our bag at 10am, only to be told that our flight had been cancelled because there we no attendants. I asked what I should do because my kids were going to be in Pensacola in 3 hours without us and no where to stay and no where to go. The attendant at the counter switched us to a Delta flight that left in 45 minutes, but it would get us to Pensacola an hour after our kids got there. So, we checked our bag and ran to the gate, after having to pay again for checking a bag, but that was the least of my worries at that point. Thank God we were able to do it. We had a layover at Atlanta, we were able to make our next flight because we literally ran from A concourse to C concourse, Not an easy feat for this lady. But we made it and made it to Pensacola at 2:pm. All I can say is the morning ticket/baggage attendants in Columbus need to be retrained on their job or fired. Highly disappointed.
RouteColumbus to Pensacola via Washington