Ukraine International

"Staff were generally rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline. Would not recommend to anyone. Every single flight was delayed, causing us to miss connections. No food or vouchers were offered, sometimes having to wait in the airport for 10 hours without food. One of our flights randomly landed in Azerbaijan to refuel, adding an additional two hours to the flight time. The flight itself was uncomfortable, no entertainment, one meal served in 9 hours which was bland. Only water available as a drink. Seats dated and uncomfortable. Staff were generally rude and unhelpful, both at the airport and on the flight itself. Additionally, for some reason the plane that was used was small and we felt every small bit of turbulence. Would never fly with Ukraine International again. I don't have one good thing to say about them.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Kiev
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"extort extra money from you"

Not Verified | I was taking a vacation for a couple weeks in Kyiv. I flew for the first time on Ukraine Airlines. I bought my ticket on-line so it was paid for weeks ahead of the trip. Coming to Ukraine was painless and very nice. But the flight home was terrible. Ukraine Airlines said I owed them $200 because I didn't check in ahead of time and I had a bag. No one said a thing about this on the way out. I guess they want to trap you before they extort extra money from you. In any case I was forced to pay this money or I could not get a ticket. Keep in mind i already PAID IN FULL for the ticket. I will never fly Ukraine Airlines again! Thank God there are many other airlines flying into Boryspil. Beware UIA!
RouteKyiv to Amsderdam

"they just cancelled it"

Not Verified | Zürich to Lvov via Kiev. I had to fly to Lvov, but because of health reasons I should stay in Kiev. In 5 days I had my back flight, which was just annulated! I called about 10 times, trying to explain my situation. So much nerves for nothing. At the end I should buy another expensive ticket for my own money, although I actually had a ticket. But they just cancelled it.
RouteZürich to Lvov via Kiev

"shallow and disrespectful"

Not Verified | Tel Aviv to Toronto via Kiev. I made a connection flight to Toronto, the flight itself was ok, but when I arrived at the airport I was disappointed to see the luggage didn't arrive.. I was way more disappointed from the way they handled the situation, so I've reached to the Uia representative and I expected them to approach the matter like they "actually lost my luggage" which is basically everything I had. unfortunately, that wasn't the case at all, after standing there for 90 minutes that I've been ignored completely, and been treated disrespectfully (shocking!). I had to leave the area. I found my self in -17c with no proper clothing or any of my stuff after trying to contact them about 40 times! over the phone (which is enough to tell if they're customer service even "actually exist"). Also tried to contact the company in any other possible way (phones and multiple Emails), with no response. I can't find the words to describe the level of the shallow and disrespectful way that I have been treated as a customer, its one thing to lose baggage and another thing the way they choose to handle it as an International airline company! Bottom line I would describe the last couple of days since the flight as a complete nightmare, it safe to say they ruined my vacation completely. until today I'm still waiting for someone in the company to show a little bit of responsibility and call back to try to explain they're side of the story.
RouteTel Aviv to Toronto via Kiev

"overpriced budget airline"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to New Delhi via Kyiev. When I arrived at check-in in Amsterdam they told me the flight was delayed, however, it was not delayed and passengers boarded on time. I was not given any option or information about food or meals. However, when a free meal was served to all the passengers on the plane, I was the only person who was charged ten Euros by the hostess. Later I was notified that my meal should also have been free of charge. When I complained about this to the hostess, an on-board policeman was called and I was told to sit down and shut up! The plane was an old Indonesian / Malaysian carrier from the 80s. There was one tv screen and an old 80s romantic movie was shown with terrible graphics. No passengers seemed to watch the movie as it was so poor quality, on the return journey the movie was in Hindi, nobody could understand and again nobody watched it. The hostesses only focused on taking care of business class passengers, economy class was mayhem while business class was peaceful and dimly lit. It was not possible to take a nap in economy class due to the bright lights, noise and commotion. I have complained to several staff at UIA about being charged for a meal which was included in my ticket fee, however, nobody proved adequate to handle such a complaint and simply replied 'oh sorry sir, you should not have been charged for your meal'. No mention of a refund or what action will be taken! On the return journey passengers boarded and sat on the aeroplane for two hours before any drinks or refreshments were offered and served. Passengers were hot, sweaty and frustrated. Overall an overpriced budget airline, uncomfortable seating, noisy plane, poor in-flight entertainment and poor, dishonest staff.
RouteAmsterdam to New Delhi via Kyiev

"Non professional airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Non professional airline. My flight from Munich to Bangkok via Kiev. The flight departure time is 14.50 and need to arrive Kiev 18.05 but the flight was delayed from Munich to Kiev about 1.30hrs. because of they waited for another passengers and loaded baggages. The plane landed at Kiev airport 19.30 i can get out from the plane almost 10 mins after that, Departure time from Kiev to Bangkok is 19.55, flight no. PS416, I ran to security check need to connecting flight to Bangkok and found that boarding gate already closed, I missed the flight! The airline’s staff refused to help anything she told me to asked airport information. They said need to wait and I waited for 2 hrs with non response then they told me to asked Ukraine airline’s staff again, and again they refused and told me to talk with airport information and if I want talk with airline should talk with Manager who she don’t know how to contact. Finally one staff came to us and find new ticket with the same time on the next day, so we have to wait in the airport for 1 day to fly back to Bangkok, no place to stay during waiting time 1 day Only normal seat in the airport. I try to find another airline and want them to talk with company to get new ticket of those airline but they refuse they cannot do if I want I should write e-mail to Airline which take time to get response. And also cannot refund if I pay for new ticket. Ukraine Air is non professional company and low quality staff. Bad operation system and not helpful for customers. I would not recommend Ukraine International airline.
RouteMunich to Bangkok via Kiev

"it was kind of nice"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kyiv to Colombo. It was a long flight, but despite all the horror reviews it was kind of nice. Seat was reclining nicely, although I would really love to fly on their newer 777 with flat bed. Cabin crew was nice. I was the only passenger who didn’t sleep and so they turned off the movie, but still asked me if I wanted to watch it. No personal in-flight entertainment, but nice movies on the main screen. Food was delicious, although poor selection of drinks. I’d love to have some mocktails or at least a lemonade.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteKyiv to Colombo

"My worst flight ever"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Istanbul via Kiev. My worst flight ever. First of all the seats were very old and dirty also they didn’t have individual screens so they had on big screen in the front that everybody watched and here’s where the flight got even worse. I flew with my little brother and I saw that there were many other passengers that had their kids with them. During the flight they screened a bunch of violent and filled with sex scenes movies such as Deadpool and other movies. And when I thought that the flight couldn’t get any worse they managed to lose my baggage at Kiev so I didn’t receive it in Istanbul and I did not get it before a week after calling the lost and found who by the way never answered my 25 phone calls. I have never experienced anything like this before and I flew with many many other airlines.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2018

"surprised in a negative way"

Trip Verified | Brussels to Delhi via Kiev. My flight from Brussels got delayed by 2 hours and post that my connecting flight from Kiev also got delayed by 7 hours. They don't have a designated customer desk at the airport, they share the desk with other airlines and most of the time UIA staff is unavailable at the desk. Your flight is delayed, its none of there fault, they won't even give you the food coupon or any access to any lounge where you can sit peacefully. They do not have a designated lounge at the Kiev Airport so you have to just look for open seats at the airport. I tried to talk to the staff a million times, but they just simply negated the issue by saying that they have no information, i have to wait no matter what. I am highly disappointed by there service and customer behavior. I recommend, if you are flying by UIA, just be prepared to be surprised in a negative way.
RouteBrussels to Delhi via Kiev

"been refused to board"

Trip Verified | New York to Minsk via Kiev. Never, just never bother neither with Ukraine international nor with any other Ukrainian airlines. After I checked in really early, they told me at New York JFK the flight is overbooked and I have been refused to board. They found an alternative flight 22 hours later which didn't help not to miss an appointment
RouteNew York to Minsk via Kiev