Ukraine International

"everything went smoothly"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Bangkok via Kiev. After reading negative reviews I was quite scared. But everything went smoothly. Luggage was promptly transferred despite only 1 hour transit time in Kiev. Crew was friendly. Food good. Drinks offered limited to orange juice and water, and entertainment only on shared screens, but given the low fare these are fine.
RouteBudapest to Bangkok via Kiev

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Baku via Kiev. Worst airline ever. Wobbling chairs. Wobbling armrests. No legroom. Lot of delays on the outbound flights. Just a horrible experience. Only the staff was decent and quite nice. But besides that, definitely not recommending that airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Baku via Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Poor food, poor cabin and rude staff"

Not Verified | Astana to Geneva via Kiev. Poor food, poor cabin (seats are like in economy-only difference is the empty seat, no audio/video) and rude staff. When I asked why business class were not boarded first, on the first flight the woman at the gate lied and said that such decisions are made by the airport - in Kiev, when I said that priority boarding was normal on other airlines, I was told "we are not normal". In addition, if you do not do online check in, you pay a penalty for airport check in.
RouteAstana to Geneva via Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2018

"aircraft decrepit and uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Kiev. Ukraine International is undoubtedly one of the worst airlines we have ever flown on! Their check in procedures are primitive and draconian! Their online check in was totally unavailable to us and when checking in at the airport, the agent for the partner airline (Wind Rose) refused to check us in to our final destination, putting us on standby. The agent also told us totally misleading and incorrect baggage allowance information! Not at all in accordance with normal practice for a trans Atlantic flight. The aircraft are decrepit and uncomfortable! Seats did not recline, food was below standard, washrooms filthy, and drunkenness rampant due to crew selling hard liquor for currency at the back of the plane. When we addressed our complaint to them, their only answer was that they would "take it under advisement and thank you for contacting us". It was only with much argument and frustration that we were actually able to board the plane and make our way home. By all means, AVOID this airline whenever possible!
RouteToronto to Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2018

"such a bad travel experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Kiev. Never had such a bad travel experience. Our family was suppose to fly to Kiev from Amsterdam. The flight was delayed for 3 hours and finally when we arrived to destination we discovered that our luggage was not loaded. And not just our family, but probably 100 other families. When we tried to find out what happened nobody bothered to explain. We were told to fill out claim forms, go home and wait. Today is a second day of our vacation. We do not have anything, even a tooth brush. And again nobody at the airport bothered to at least explain what happened initially, when should we expect to get a luggage. I have never seen anything like that. Not one person cares. Not one person tries to help. Who is responsible for such a mess?
RouteAmsterdam to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"rude staff and tight seats"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flew Ukraine International from Bergamo to Bangkok via Kiev. Poor Entertainment, rude staff and tight seats. I cannot eat fish, I've asked for chicken, but the hostess told me "sorry just fish, You can try to exchange it with other passengers" and then she left the fish meal on my table.
RouteBergamo to Bangkok via Kiev
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Everything was fine"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Kiev. Everything was fine, no problems at all, everybody was kind. I even bought extra luggage in advance and I didnt have any problem at the airport.
RoutePrague to Kiev

"more than expected"

Trip Verified | Ankara to London LGW via Kiev. When I booked assistant service with the airline for my elderly mother flying from Ankara to London via Kiev, the lady on phone is pleasant enough, reminded that the service must be booked 48h in advance so this request was not confirmed. My mother was then shown online check-in website as person with wheelchair and she got someone helped her until the plane door on both legs, they even had some lift so that to she didn't have to walk down the stair. That's even more than expected. Both flights were on time. The seat on the aircraft from Kiev to London is better than the one from Ankara. My mother also said the crew went often around to offer water (free on board).
RouteAnkara to London LGW via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight just didn't happen"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kharkiv to New York via Kiev. The flight just didn't happen, they cancelled it 2 weeks before without specifying a reason. The planes are quite old normally, they have new planes but there are not many of them. Also they don't have free meal on short flights and there is no free baggage on short and medium flights. However price is low (if you're lucky and your flight will happen though). I highly discourage you to use this airline.
RouteKharkiv to New York via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"No refund, pure extortion"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Gatwick. Terrible airline. Could only book return with my daughter to collect her from Kiev but as she was not on first flight they cancelled her ticket and then when I was returning with her they charged me 350€. No refund, pure extortion. Avoid!
RouteKiev to Gatwick