Ukraine International

"just ripping you off"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Vienna to Tehran via Kiev. The worst airline in the world! Allowed bags to fly from Vienna but stopped then in Kiev as they are too big. The system in this country is just ripping you off. If you want a good trip never ever ever go with Ukraine Int'l.
RouteVienna to Tehran via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"A great way to save some money"

Trip Verified | A great way to save some money. When traveling for a week, I can really get by with just hand luggage. Of course everything is extra like seat assignments and extra space, but that's expected with Economy class. The staff was very friendly.The food was ok. The check in process and communications was excellent for those with a smartphone. Overall the experience was excellent. On time take off and arrival. I will use them again in the future.
RouteNew York to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Cabin crew are friendly"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Kiev. Excellent flight. Departure time was a bit expected but that wasn't important. Cabin crew are friendly. Seats comfortable, but thew tray tables are not really clean. Must be disinfected before each take-off, that's really important.
RouteFrankfurt to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worst airline I've flown"

Trip Verified | Athens to Paris via Kiev. In Kiev airport the employee required to me paying 66 euros because my hand baggage was not allowed, that was not true, my baggage was controlled in Athens airport and it was under conditions to carry on hand. I had my camera inside and she told me that UIA won't be responsible if someone stealed my camera. Finally she forced to me for paying 80 euros or I couldn't take this plane. So, I had to pay under an employee's menace. Definitely, UIA is the worst airline I've flown and I don't recommend it to anyone. For same price you can easily flight with other companies, and you can obtain better treatment, snacks during flight and of course, any menace or intimidation by employee's side.
RouteAthens to Paris via Kiev

"Very bad attitude"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Munich via Kiev. Delayed one and half hour to fly. Very bad attitude from the cabin crew supervisor and most of the team never talk never smile when you ask simple thing can’t accommodate your request (Blanket for baby)?. Poor customer service starting from the head of the cabin crew. And when I reached my final destination the luggage were missing very disappointed!
RouteDubai to Munich via Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"by far the worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Outbound - 1 functioning toilet for a 6 hour flight left big queues in the aisle. This meant no room to move, lots of elbows in the head for my aisle seat. Zero entertainment and food options were original Pringles or a lasagne that tastes of cardboard. Inbound - Do not bother checking in online. I did, but the seats you get given on your boarding pass seem to mean very little to Ukraine international. When I got to Dubai airport, not only had my pregnant wife and I been moved seats, we were now 7 rows apart and she was sat at the window (not ideal for a pregnant woman). I was told in Dubai there was nothing they could do and was to go to the desk in Kiev. I hope the staff at Kiev airport are not a reflection on all Ukrainian customer service because it’s the worst I’ve ever experienced. At first they were unwilling to even entertain me, just shouting wait for your flight at me. Then they began belly laughing at a joke one of them told, completely ignoring me. I then showed my original boarding pass, she presses a few buttons and said there was nothing they could do. I politely asked if there was a desk I could go to speak to someone, one staff member turned toward me and shouted at me to go away. If it wasn’t so horrific you would have to laugh! Anyway, this is by far the worst airline I have ever flown with. Quality of the flight experience is very poor, but for the money you pay you can take that to a certain extent. What is difficult to take, is being treated like an animal. Worth the extra money to avoid Ukraine International.
RouteDubai to London via Kiev

"Not recommend at all"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Completely disaster! We took flight from Brussels to Baku via Kiev, I didn’t have visa paper so I could not take the flight! After all we bought flight two days later and it turned out that our first ticket was cancelled so we could not come back to Kiev, it is a scam and not honest at all! We had the same issues with other airlines and no problem at all. UA requests to pay supplementary money for back ticket. Not recommend at all. Very disappointed, might be cheap but not worth at all. Employees not helpful at all neither at the airport nor UA company.
RouteBrussels to Baku via Kiev

"Absolutely horrendous treatment"

Trip Verified | Athens to Paris via Kiev. Absolutely horrendous treatment on second step of this flight. We were charged 66€ for duty-free purchases as they apparently counted as hand luggage. As a a regular flyer I was astonished. As we had two duty free bags we were charged twice. One could not possibly slide in the other. All in all an awful experience. Absolutely no rhyme or reason. 132EUR for a few bottles makes for an expensive layover. The team quite simply held the final plane guests hostage until they paid up. In some cases charging supplementary 66€ for purses. I will definitely NOT be flying with this sub par airline again. The entire purpose of a layover is to spend more time and save a little money. I would have consequently paid less had I gone directly.
RouteAthens to Paris via Kiev
Date FlownAugust 2019

"my worst flying experience"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Larnaca to Warsaw via Kiev. Ukraine International was by far my worst flying experience. Firstly, the staff is incredibly rude. They act as if they are doing you a favor for letting you fly with them. Their change in baggage policy was not announced on the website I booked my tickets from, and the woman at the gate at Kiev airport who calls herself the manager, threatened me that she would close the gate unless I immediately paid 66 Euros for my laptop. This was after I had already completed the first leg of my flight without such an issue. Not being offered anything on board other than half a glass of water doesn't help either.
RouteLarnaca to Warsaw via Kiev

"Travelling nightmare"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Minsk via Kiev. Travelling nightmare with chidlren (2 CHD + 1 INF). Prior to take off from Zurich, no indication from the airline that in the meanwhile the online check-in became mandatory. At ZRH-Airport, we were asked to pay EUR15 per Person for check-in, resulting additional cost. Flight to Kiev was in accordance with the paid ticket. Nothing classy, but doable. Then, a shocking nightmare in Kiev when boarding to Minsk. Take in consideration that we are family with children aged 5, 3 and 11 months. We were denied boarding due to the lack of seats in the airline. After our complains, yelling, desperation, we were told that 3 of us can fly, while 2 of us must take a new flight. We rejected it and asked for the airline representative. The people in charge for boarding at the gate us told us that "he is upstairs and won't show up for us". Eventually, we left the boarding area, passed passport control etc and waited for 40 minutes for air baggage to arrive back, waited at a first Customer Service Line for next 20mins, were entitled to a compensation and a new flight and waited another approx. 40 mins to get all formalities. It was already 21h in the evening and our new flight was booked by UKR Customer Care Desk. We needed to fly from another Kiev Airport (Zhulyani) at 5:45 AM. So, we booked sleeping capsules and with whole tons of luggage moved there and spent 5 hours. Woke up at 2:30, ordered two taxis due to size of luggage and 5 people and went to another airport. Now guys, at another airport we are in the line to check-in - and Belavia (new booked compensation tickets from Ukraine Airlines Service Desk) appear not to be in order. There are two tickets issued to father's name, but no ticket for Infant and no ticket for one daughter. We were denied check and and sent to Belavia desk where the lady was trying to reach UIA Service Desk on the phone for 1 hour.. without success. We were told that we must head back again the BSP Kiev Airport.. but that was too much... we decided to pay for the two wrong issued ticket from our own money. Alternative would be to head back with 2 taxis to Kiev Borispol and spend a day fighting with their Customer Service. At 7mins before closing of check-in lane, we managed to buy the two new tickets just on-time and make a stampede to the boarding gate through all the control check points and enter the plane as the very last people (all this with cabin baggage) a baby cot and three children.
RouteZurich to Minsk via Kiev