Ukraine International

"caused me a lot of stress" La

Trip Verified | Toronto to Istanbul via Kiev. The price is reasonable that is why I tempted to use this airline and I sadly regretted later. Flight crew are impolite and rude. They charge you so much for every little thing ie, I paid $65 to get a seat that has better legroom. $15 for a sandwich that was terrible, juice etc is not free. I paid $25 extra to carry two small bags each 5 kg. I had one bag with less than 10 kg of the same size. They didn't let me board. They rudely wanted me to have two bags instead of one! otherwise, I have to pay fine! they were very unreasonable and caused me a lot of stress in the last minutes. Moreover, airline crew also stopped old men and women before the boarding gate and in Kyiv (in connection flight) threatening them to pay the fine otherwise they will lose the flight.
RouteToronto to Istanbul via Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2019

"horrendous flying experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | New York to Delhi via Kiev.I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it was possible to have such a horrendous flying experience. To kick off things, I tried to check in via the app before my flight but gave me a technical error. When I checked in at the airport, I was asked to pay USD 30 for check in fees. When I reported that I was given an error, the manager on duty told me that I should've taken a screenshot of the error. I paid the 30 USD. The flight to Kiev was okay, the in-flight entertainment system was ok, earphones are not very usable, food was trash, seats were tight and not very comfy. Cabin crew was nice and accommodated the best they could. My next flight from Kiev to Delhi took off 6 hrs later, only to make an emergency landing back 20 mins mid-air due to "technical difficulties". Many passengers complained of a burning smell in the cabin. The initial delay of 14 hrs was reported upon landing. No transit visas were granted given the situation, no lounge access, everyone was asked to wait at the airport terminal till the next morning and were given a mere 12 EUR food voucher. There was no ground stuff from UIA present and 2 3rd party reps were assisting passengers and didn't have much control or information about the situation and were super helpless. 14 hrs later, another delay of 4 hours was announced. A little while later, everyone was asked to get new boarding passes. When I inquired why the need for a new boarding pass, they revealed that the original B777 was not functional so a B737 was being flown in from Poland and had reduced seating capacity. Maybe around a third of the passengers were denied boarding (and I don't know how long they waited to fly out). This B737 didn't have the capacity to fly to New Delhi and had to make a stop in Baku, Azerbaijan adding an extra hour and a half to flying time. The seats of this aircraft were not meant for a long-haul flight and it was a torture to fly this almost 22 hours after the original scheduled time of departure.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"downgrade from business class"

Not Verified | Delhi to Toronto via Kiev. 4 days before the flight airline informed that there is a change is schedule for DEL-KBP flight and arrival is delayed by 50 minutes. They did not disclose that aircraft is downgraded from 767 to 737, there is additional stopover in Baku and there is no business class seats in the new aircraft. By not disclosing the information upfront they denied the option to taking another flight with business class seats or change the date. They tried to circumvent the maliciously circumvent Canadian Regulations and conditions of their own Carriage Contract that requires the airline to offer the alternatives acceptable to passengers. They offered a paltry compensation for downgrade from business class to economy class. There was no compensation for rerouting the flight that resulted in extra journey hours. Moreover due to downgrade of aircraft from long-haul to short-haul they did not load the luggage despite being tagged as "priority" baggage. Baggage delay: It has been more than 72 hours already and I yet to receive the baggage. At the airport on arrival I had to wait for 90 minutes before they announced that my baggage was not loaded despite the fact they knew it from very beginning. Food: All I can say is the fill yourself up in the airport lounge and don't expect much in the flight except for some drinks. Cabin crew were the only employees of the airline who were reasonable to deal with and were generally nice. Check-in Experience: At the airport the Business Class counter was non-existent as the only counter was occupied by economy class passengers. When I approach the counter the person on counter told be to come in economy class lineup. On asking why when I am holding business class ticket they finally obliged. Flying on 777: was a reasonable experience in business class, spacious and clean but not as good as other LH, AC, BA, etc.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 737
RouteDelhi to Toronto via Kiev

"rude and inexperienced"

Trip Verified | London to Istanbul via Kiev. The worst flight I ever tried. Staff have been very rude and inexperienced. As my seat belt was faulty I sat in a different seat but they asked me to change my seat or pay $45. Just stay away from this airline
RouteLondon to Istanbul via Kiev

"Horrible experience"

Not Verified | New York to Delhi via Kiev. Horrible experience. The layover was supposed to be for 4 hours, but the flight made a mid air return from Kiev Airport. Folks with US and Canadian passports were sent outside the airport premises to stay in places with 4$ a night charge .. you barely get anything worth eating in 4$ in the US and you expect me to stay at a place which charges 4$ a night for stay??. People with Indian passport, were not even given the permission to leave the airport premises or visa on arrival and had to stay in the airport, sleeping on the chairs or the floor. They did not allow them to use the airport lounge. They said, the next flight they can arrange for us would be 14 hours later and just a couple of hours before the boarding was supposed to begin, they announced that it has been delayed by another 4 hours. And when the boarding began after 18 hours of wait, they said that the aircraft is small and can't accommodate everyone. Believe it or not, they had a random lottery and around 25 people were not allowed to board the flight and I still don't know when did they board the flight.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kiev

"most pathetic airline"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Delhi to Toronto on 17th December and this was the most pathetic airline to ever travel with. Firstly the flight was delayed at destination for more than one hour and the food was disgusting. The crazy thing was that during our international travel we got domestic plane till Kiev. Finally when we reached Toronto we came across the fact that our bags were missing and their was no proper info about the bags with the faculty members. I received my bag after 4 days and the management did not find necessary to compensate for such hazardous service and were very rude till the end.
RouteDelhi to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst flight I have ever been on"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Delhi via Kiev. I think that this is the worst flight I have ever been on. The crew service was diabolical. As soon as we took off, after a 20 minute delay due to ‘technical difficulties’, water started to drip on me. I pressed a button to alert the assistant to come and clean it up. She didn’t come for 30 minutes. When she finally came, I received very rude treatment, and she refused to clear it up - she told me to get my own tissues and to wipe it up. After a 4 hour journey that was only supposed to take three hours we finally arrived in Kiev. I wasn’t surprised when I found out that there was a two hour delay. After two hours we were told that there was an 8 hour delay, and that it will take off next morning. Fortunately, I was given a hotel room to stay in for the night because I have a British passport, but for those who didn’t have a British passport were forced to pay for their own hotel room, or to spend the whole night in the airport. I returned to the airport the nest morning thinking that things couldn’t get worse, but they were about to. We took of in a plane with screens, but within half an hour we had to return back to Kiev yet again because of ‘technical difficulties’. We had to take of in a smaller aircraft with no screens for a 6.5 hour journey. I really don’t think that it can get worse than this, and I strongly advise anybody reading this to not book with this airline.
RouteGatwick to Delhi via Kiev

"just a rip off"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Toronto via Kiev. First of all, I want to start with Ukraine Airlines is the worst company ever I`ve seen. My flight was on December 16th I came from Turkey to Kyiv then Canada. It was a connecting flight - during the connection, they made me paid $200 Canadian dollars just for a carrier bag and it was less than 5 kg. My complaint is this is just a rip off thing. Me and my family I used to like to travel with this airlines but this time no. I`m really unhappy and dissatisfied. I'm not going to fly with Ukraine Airlines anymore.
RouteIstanbul to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"set up to fail their customers"

Trip Verified | UIA seems systematically set up to fail their customers. UIA cancelled a flight I had booked with only 2 weeks left to go to the departure date because of “financial stability concerns”, they did not even call me or send any information via text to inform me. Their only communication was an email with a subject line of “Flight Number Change” and the email contained no information about what my alternatives were. I would have definitely missed this if I wasn’t lucky to read my emails carefully and follow up. I was unable to rebook my flight using their online booking portal so I had to call in. Their customer service representatives are based in Ukraine and are not good at speaking English. The UIA app crashes. It does not give notifications. Boarding passes that were booked seem to just disappear from the app. 4. Their operations managers misrepresent Visa requirements. One of them in New York mistakenly understood a new visa directive from the Indian Consulate and refused to let me board. He claimed I didn’t have the right travel documentation. When I pointed out his mistake in understanding, he took over 45 minutes trying to prove me wrong before he accepted what was clearly written in English. UIA did not tell anyone via an airport announcement or email notification that our flight is going to be delayed. Worse the flight they rebooked didn’t have capacity for everyone. Not a single UIA employee would admit this and this is disaster. No email about this. Nothing at the information desk. As a result, no traveller has any idea if they will or will not get on the next flight. It is almost like they want you to miss your delayed connecting flight because they don’t have enough seats to accommodate everyone. They require that you check-in again for the delayed flight but they will not explicitly tell you this. Once too many people check in, they will either not assign you a seat or revoke the seat you were assigned, or assign seats in asinine ways such as give seats to the children but not to their parents. If you raise alarm or concern, everyone one of their agents will lie to you and tell you that “things will be ok” (so that you leave them alone) or say that they have no information. They are not nice. Not even a little bit. You are an annoyance to them and they have no competition they can lose your business to once you land in Kiev. Next, UIA will constantly change the gate you are expected to show up at and give you less than 10 minutes notice at times. They do not announce gate changes over the intercom. Even the delayed flight was delayed by another 2 hours due to ops issues where they did not load the bags in time or have the proper flight documentation.
RouteKiev to Delhi

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Delhi via Kiev. Worst airline ever, beside the cabin crew it couldn’t be worse. On our flight to Delhi, we had to return to Kiev due to technical reasons, which was very weird. When the captain announced this, all alarms in the cockpit could be heard, which was kind of disturbing. After landing, the airplane made weird sounds. Afterwards, we got shifted to the next day just to have another delay of many hours. We still sitting at Kiev Airport not knowing if when we fly.
RouteBerlin to Delhi via Kiev