Ukraine International

"forced to pay the additional fee"

Not Verified | Toronto to Delhi via Kiev. Right off the bat when we arrived at the airport to get our boarding passes, we were told that the airline charges 25$ to issue one if you haven’t downloaded yours already, which is new and I have seen no other airline do the same in my 17 years of travel. When we started downloading our boarding passes from their app, the app closed and stated that passes cannot be issued anymore and were forced to pay the additional fee. Once on the flight, we were told that there were no vegetarian meals, even though we had put in a request for them when we booked the ticket. That and the rude attitude of the stewards makes me give this airline a 2/10.
RouteToronto to Delhi via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"It was the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Toronto via Kiev. It was the worst experience of my life. This was the first and last time to fly with this airline. Staff was really rude. Food service was bad. This flight is really bad especially for old people. Flight attendants were really rude with them. One of the flight attendant threatened one old man to call the police if he doesn’t pay for his hand baggage. They didn’t check the hand baggage when they departed from delhi airport. Flight attendant checked hand baggage at stop (Kiev). Ukraine airline should get their flight attendants trained properly as none of them know how to talk to the passengers.
RouteDelhi to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"€80 Euro for a cabin bag"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Lviv. Was charged €80 Euro for carrying a cabin bag along with my laptop bag. Apparently 1 item only policy although flight was half empty. It is appalling that they are allowed to operate and charge such a ridiculous amount for a cabin bag on an hour's domestic flight which was more expensive than the actual flight ticket for the journey. Could have booked another seat just for my bag and that would have been cheaper.
RouteKiev to Lviv

"Extremely stressful experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Kharkiv to Berlin via Kiev. Departures delayed so you sit in the plane without air conditioning or water for an hour. Flight can be cancelled in the last moment. Extremely stressful experience.
RouteKharkiv to Berlin via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"will never use them again"

Not Verified | New Delhi to London via Kiev. The worst airline I have ever used for domestic or international. This was an international flight and my knees reached the next seat, I am 1,69 meters I don t know how other people managed. Flight attendant button didn t work for the whole row. Worst experience with an airline, will never use them again
RouteNew Delhi to London via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"truly a flight from hell"

Not Verified | Cairo to Toronto via Kiev. After 1 hour in the air, they announced that there is a defect in the engine. We had to land in Turkey. There was no meals even though the flight was over 8 hours long. The crew were trained to be rude and were very good at ignoring passengers and giving them bad looks for asking for water. There were two washrooms available. One had no water. This was truly a flight from hell. We arrived to Toronto extremely thirsty and exhausted. Very sad flight. Please find any other flight.
RouteCairo to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"can't fly a worse airline"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Brussels via Kiev. Its my bet that you can't fly a worse airline. Specially dont expect anything from flight crew. They will chat in one corner and all the cabin crew calling light were on. Finally we had to go to them to ask for water and they said jug is there, glass is there and continued with their gossiping inside aircraft. We stood there and served water to few thirsty passengers who came there. Food serving as if they are throwing the packets to everybody. Flight took off on time, however due to refueling in Tiblihi we landed 30 min late. I am unable to find something which i can write good about.
RouteDelhi to Brussels via Kiev
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"caused me a lot of stress" La

Trip Verified | Toronto to Istanbul via Kiev. The price is reasonable that is why I tempted to use this airline and I sadly regretted later. Flight crew are impolite and rude. They charge you so much for every little thing ie, I paid $65 to get a seat that has better legroom. $15 for a sandwich that was terrible, juice etc is not free. I paid $25 extra to carry two small bags each 5 kg. I had one bag with less than 10 kg of the same size. They didn't let me board. They rudely wanted me to have two bags instead of one! otherwise, I have to pay fine! they were very unreasonable and caused me a lot of stress in the last minutes. Moreover, airline crew also stopped old men and women before the boarding gate and in Kyiv (in connection flight) threatening them to pay the fine otherwise they will lose the flight.
RouteToronto to Istanbul via Kiev
Date FlownOctober 2019

"horrendous flying experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | New York to Delhi via Kiev.I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it was possible to have such a horrendous flying experience. To kick off things, I tried to check in via the app before my flight but gave me a technical error. When I checked in at the airport, I was asked to pay USD 30 for check in fees. When I reported that I was given an error, the manager on duty told me that I should've taken a screenshot of the error. I paid the 30 USD. The flight to Kiev was okay, the in-flight entertainment system was ok, earphones are not very usable, food was trash, seats were tight and not very comfy. Cabin crew was nice and accommodated the best they could. My next flight from Kiev to Delhi took off 6 hrs later, only to make an emergency landing back 20 mins mid-air due to "technical difficulties". Many passengers complained of a burning smell in the cabin. The initial delay of 14 hrs was reported upon landing. No transit visas were granted given the situation, no lounge access, everyone was asked to wait at the airport terminal till the next morning and were given a mere 12 EUR food voucher. There was no ground stuff from UIA present and 2 3rd party reps were assisting passengers and didn't have much control or information about the situation and were super helpless. 14 hrs later, another delay of 4 hours was announced. A little while later, everyone was asked to get new boarding passes. When I inquired why the need for a new boarding pass, they revealed that the original B777 was not functional so a B737 was being flown in from Poland and had reduced seating capacity. Maybe around a third of the passengers were denied boarding (and I don't know how long they waited to fly out). This B737 didn't have the capacity to fly to New Delhi and had to make a stop in Baku, Azerbaijan adding an extra hour and a half to flying time. The seats of this aircraft were not meant for a long-haul flight and it was a torture to fly this almost 22 hours after the original scheduled time of departure.
RouteNew York to Delhi via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"downgrade from business class"

Not Verified | Delhi to Toronto via Kiev. 4 days before the flight airline informed that there is a change is schedule for DEL-KBP flight and arrival is delayed by 50 minutes. They did not disclose that aircraft is downgraded from 767 to 737, there is additional stopover in Baku and there is no business class seats in the new aircraft. By not disclosing the information upfront they denied the option to taking another flight with business class seats or change the date. They tried to circumvent the maliciously circumvent Canadian Regulations and conditions of their own Carriage Contract that requires the airline to offer the alternatives acceptable to passengers. They offered a paltry compensation for downgrade from business class to economy class. There was no compensation for rerouting the flight that resulted in extra journey hours. Moreover due to downgrade of aircraft from long-haul to short-haul they did not load the luggage despite being tagged as "priority" baggage. Baggage delay: It has been more than 72 hours already and I yet to receive the baggage. At the airport on arrival I had to wait for 90 minutes before they announced that my baggage was not loaded despite the fact they knew it from very beginning. Food: All I can say is the fill yourself up in the airport lounge and don't expect much in the flight except for some drinks. Cabin crew were the only employees of the airline who were reasonable to deal with and were generally nice. Check-in Experience: At the airport the Business Class counter was non-existent as the only counter was occupied by economy class passengers. When I approach the counter the person on counter told be to come in economy class lineup. On asking why when I am holding business class ticket they finally obliged. Flying on 777: was a reasonable experience in business class, spacious and clean but not as good as other LH, AC, BA, etc.
AircraftBoeing 777 / 737