Turkish Airlines

"deteriorating Customer Relations"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Geneva. Clearly deteriorating Customer Relations over the last few years and a user unfriendly website for online reservations, check-ins and the like, with issues not evidently addressed after complaint, due to stress of uncertainties of whether things go through correctly or not. The Customer Relations reactions are only repeatedly to send out satisfaction surveys it seems, with no further action. Example, on a trip from Istanbul to Edinburgh last year, I was blocked in online bookings because I couldn't enter a 'visa number', despite being a UK citizen, with a valid passport, and Scotland not (yet?) having left either the EU or the UK. Since that trip, the user unfriendliness of an over complex website has been experienced on every subsequent trip I've made with Turkish Airlines. It seems that they have an identity and purpose problem that has grown over the last few years (I frequently, frustratingly, fly with them). They can't decide priorities: are they an airline, a shopping experience or a political party? The first priority seems to be slipping down the list, unfortunately!
RouteIstanbul to Geneva
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"offered us blankets and newspapers"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Thessaloniki via Istanbul. Crew were friendly and pleasant and offered us blankets and newspapers. Food and beverages of high quality and I recommend the lemonade. Entertainment with great choice. We had a great flight. Highly recommend Turkish Airlines.
RouteDubai to Thessaloniki via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"one of the worst flights"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified |  Taipei to Porto via Istanbul. It was one of the worst flights because of the attitude of cabin crew and the service they provided. During boarding cabin crew rarely assisted passengers to find their seats. Crew just stayed in the galley or chitchatting by thr doors. For the first meal service, they rarely smiled and just wanted to rush through the service so they could get their rest as soon as possible. It was a 12 hour flight, no round of drinks were given because crew were just sitting on the jump seats by the galley in the back. So passengers had to walk to the aft galley to ask for something to drink. You can feel the crew was annoyed because we interrupted their conversations. Sandwiches and small cakes provide for passengers as snacks during the flight were not offered to us. About 3 hours into the flight, the lavatory was very dirty and out of toilet paper because crew hardly checked it. So I had to search for a lavatory which was acceptable to use. So many call bells went unanswered, why if that particular passenger had a medical issue? During breakfast service, I was given a tray without asking my meal preference. When I asked the female crew,” is this egg?” She just rudely said “the other choice is already over” and walked away. I think the cabin crew thought most of us don’t speak English so they can treat us any way they like. I was thinking why if my family members were treated like this by their cabin crew in the future, so I would avoid Turkish airlines forever! I am not saying all of their cabin crew didn’t care about us, but most of them really didn’t care at all.
RouteTaipei to Porto via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst airline I have travelled"

Trip Verified | I booked a ticket from Turkish Airlines Amsterdam to Dubai return , I wanted to change the date of my Amsterdam to Dubai flight from 24-12-2019 to 20-12-2019 but the airline representative informed me that just to change the date its going to cost me 1000 euros which was really expensive as my return ticket was for 462 euros, so I booked a ticket from another airline and flew AMS-Dubai on 20-12-2019. I was checking in for my Turkish airline DXB-AMS FLIGHT on 07-01-2020 and got to know that my flight was cancelled without any notification, When I went to Turkish airline Dubai office they informed me that entire reservation was cancelled because of no show on AMS-DXB flight, upon asking them for the policy they failed to show me the policy. This is so far the the worst airline I have travelled with. Unprofessional and worst airlines.
RouteDubai to Amsterdam via Istanbul

"everything was good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Paris via Istanbul in May 2019. Except the ground staffs of Istanbul airport everything was good; Good flight. Good food. On time departure. On board staffs were friendly. Entertainment was good.
AircraftA330-300 / A321
RouteDhaka to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"most definitely recommend"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to London. I have flown Turkish Airlines a lot in the past and the service quality has almost always been flawless. Planes arrive almost always on time, the food is very good with a wide variety of beverages including nice wine, beer and other alcoholic drinks. Seats are usually leather, with a decent amount of leg-space and the best in-flight entertainment I have ever seen: they even have premiere movies! Cabin staff are very nice, always try to help and will give you more snacks and drinks if you ask! I have also noticed that kids love this airline because many things are designed for them like free toy bags and books! On my recent trip to Istanbul, all of my friends told me they were impressed with the service and the value for money! Moreover, they have a brand new hub in Istanbul that is really fancy, and if you can go to their lounge, you'll be even further amazed. I was really impressed. Would most definitely recommend!
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Not worth the cheaper fare"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Tokyo Narita via Istanbul. My flight was delayed out of Lisbon which caused me to miss my connection in Istanbul heading towards Tokyo. The airline did not have anyone who could communicate with any of us (5 other people missed the Tokyo connection as well) and they wouldn't allow us to use wi-fi to at least try to translate what they were saying. Just terrible. Not worth the cheaper fare.
RouteLisbon to Tokyo Narita via Istanbul

"unprofessional and incompetent"

Trip Verified | Houston to Istanbul. As we were checking in at the counter, the staff at the check-in were clueless and unprofessional. They made us move to the back and rearrange our bags at least 4 times. Every time we deal with a different employee, we are told something completely different than before. And instead of monitoring the situation and trying to satisfy us, the manager was so inconsiderate and made it seem like she does not care at all. We were left scratching our heads as dealing with such unprofessional and incompetent team of employees was impossible.
RouteHouston to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"still didn’t get any refund yet"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Malta to Almaty via Instambul. I ordered the tickets online but the company made a 5 min change that made my cancellation process unbearable. I was required to call to their international call center when I decided to cancel the tickets. I called to their call center 5 times and spent a lot of money for international calls and could not cancel the tickets. First agent put me on hold for 10 min and disappeared, so I had to call second time when the agent messed everything, made me agree and confirm the 5 min changes in the flight created the new tickets for me but I only asked her clearly that I need only cancel the tickets. She explained me that these all needed for cancellation, but that everything were incorrect which I only found out after I called third time, the third agent couldn’t help me with cancellation due to those changes. The only one option left to go to local Turkish airline office in the city where I was located. To clear everything up I called 2 more time to local call center, unfortunately nobody could help me. I spent half of my day for calls for going to the office, filling out documents and still didn’t get any refund yet. I am very desperate about this process, I wish I would have never chosen this airline. Please, be aware of it before ordering their overpriced refundable tickets.
RouteMalta to Almaty via Instambul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"will drive you to insanity"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | My flight from Istanbul to Milan was delayed by 4 hours - no explanation whatsoever from the crew or ground staff. Took me 6 hours in the IST airport to reschedule my ticket for the next day, get a hotel room for the night and get my luggage. 95% of staff don’t understand English, they all have a comprehension issue. They will drive you to insanity and test your patience to the most extreme limits. They treat you like they are doing a “favor” for you. Be happy if you manage to get a voucher to eat some disgusting fried chicken or Burger King while you wait for your delayed flight. My flight back from Sharjah to Istanbul departed on time but we arrived over 2 hours late and I lost my connection. First time I flew Turkish Airlines and last one. Definitely not worth the cheaper fares.
RouteIstanbul to Milan