Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

TK12 and TK571 JFK-IST-JRO departing July 3rd 2014. Had multiple terrible experiences with TK in the last year the most recent of them in July 2014 on the first flight of our honeymoon! Every time I have flown with TK from JFK or BRU the flight was late by more than 90min without any explanation. Leading to a missed connection and being stranded against our will in Istanbul. Each time the in-flight crew assured us the connecting flight would be informed and wait for us. Each time there was no one upon landing to direct us and help us find our connection gate. Each time we missed the connecting by less than 10min after desperately running across the airport to try and make it. Each time the ground staff for luggage collection and transfer/hotel arrangements were unduly rude and totally unhelpful. And the hotel provided for the night was very sub-standard. And each time we had to pay an entry visa that we would otherwise not have had to pay. I have flown a lot of different airlines and this is by far the worst experience I've ever had. In the latest occurrence they would not even make a nice gesture to acknowledge the fact they were ruining the first 2 days of our honeymoon. Needless to say we will never fly Turkish airlines again if we can avoid it.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I travelled to Istanbul With my daughter and 2 grandchildren on 31st July 2014. It was a night flight. The toilet was not clean and smelt very bad not hygenic for children to use. The food was not good for children. The was no provisions for children to play with. We were begging the crew to give us a pillow and blanket they told us they don't have enough so it is a case of first come first serve.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Travel agent booked me on a Malaysia Airlines flight which was code shared with Turkish airlines Turkish for first leg from Istanbul to KL then Malaysian from KL to Sydney. Boarded in Istanbul and the check-in staff couldn't have been less helpful. The first person at the check-in counter passed me off onto someone else because of what she called a 'ticket problem' before promptly going on her break. The second person was slightly more helpful up until the point someone came around and told him to go on a break. Then it became too hard to do anything more than check me in onto the Turkish airlines flight. He wouldn't check my bag through to Sydney no real reason given but from previous experience it is possible to check bags through despite different airlines in operation. This meant that once I arrived in KL I had to clear customs pick up my bag and then check back in again. A massive pain and something that wouldn't have been achievable if I had had less than 3 hours between flights. First and last flight with Turkish Airlines!

Turkish Airlines customer review

26 July 2014 United 7781 (Operated by TK) TK370 IST-Tashkent. I have had a very mixed record with TK. Previous flights were in the acceptable range but things seem to be going downhill. I am much taller than average and have found the latest flights to be torturous in terms of legroom. On my most recent trip I had to skip the meal because I did not have sufficient room over my legs to lower the tray table. Cabin staff were good but ground staff were decidedly a mixed bag in terms of helpfulness. Entertainment consisted of the 1970's-era pop-down screens. Generally a very unsatisfactory experience.

(Turkey)

June 18-21. Ankara (ESB) to Istanbul (IST) and to Rome Fiomicino (FCO).TK 2109 and TK 1965. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for about 10 years. Mostly I enjoy excellent flights. Luggage is rarely lost. Out of 100+ flights it happened once which was likely due to a non-Turkish Airlines connection. Food is halal and of top quality. Most of the fleet is brand new. Once in a while you get an old one which makes the flight experience mediocre. The miles program is great but they started reducing the number of miles that can be earned. One thing annoying is the in-flight announcement. The pilots better stay silent instead of trying to speak with their low- level English.

Turkish Airlines customer review

My family and I flew TXL to IST in economy class. The plane for this flight was a brand new A321. Every passenger had a personal entertainment screen in front of the seat with a great selection of movies games etc. The meal was one of the best airline meals I've had. Cabin crew were always respectful cheerful and ready to help. All in all a great experience. Would definitely recommend and travel with them again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Recently flew from Toronto to Istanbul and Istanbul to Cameroon. This was the best airline I have flown with. The Toronto/Istanbul leg was splendid. Great selection of inflight entertainment movies music games. Impressed with the camera showing the view outside of the plane. Loved the comp. Turkish delight! Fantastic selection of food and drinks - full upon arrival. Flight crew excellent and professional. North American airlines need to take a page from Turkish Airlines book to see how its done. Great second leg to Cameroon. Smaller plane and food. Can't complain. definitely flying Turk. Air. again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Istanbul to Thessaloniki on a morning flight. Boarded the plane. Two crew were working in the J cabin (including senior crew member). Load of J cabin only 6. They handed out the menu for the service before take-off which had hot breakfast choices. After take-off the crew started the service. Without any interaction the crew member came and passed me the tray. Tray consisted of a fruit yoghurt croissant and a selection of cheese. Never asked me if I would like anything to drink or which hot meal choice I would like. I got up to visit the toilet before the seatbelt sign came on. The J cabin toilet was unusable for its respective cabin customers as the crew allowed a Y cabin customer to use the toilet and he threw a whole tree of paper in the toilet. The other crew member asks me finally if I would like to have anything to drink. Asked for a Turkish coffee. After I came out asked a crew member to take my tray. Then comes my coffee. That's when the seatbelt sign came on. Nobody came to secure the cabin before landing. Landed in Thessaloniki. Waited for our luggage on the carousel only to find the priority bags arriving last. At the end of the day a short flight is a showcase of what a long trip can be with them.

(Belgium)

BRU-IST-BRU C cabin - check in is unfortunately a mess no priority check in respected staff not interested don't give a damn attitude. Done by Avia Partner. Had to ask twice for a fast track card for arrivals in IST check in staff did not even know they existed. and they have 4 flights to IST daily. Lounge is always full and dirty and am afraid boarding is always a mess even you are flying c class. From wait in lounge to designated gate to last call all of this in less than 10 minutes simply ridiculous. Experienced this many time. Once on board all is different - friendly yet professionals staff with lack of language skills but ok on security and service. Some try to go the extra mile. Only option to IST direct. They need to improve ground staff and boarding skills and attitudes otherwise I would perhaps recommend. IST lounge on Sunday 27/07/14 announcement from no info to go to gate to last call gate closed 15 mins. Too many flights too little doors even if they are remote they have lost it - they need a third airport. However IST lounge is the best in Europe perhaps only competing with BA in T5 in Heathrow.

(Belgium)

FIH-IST. Flight delayed 1 hour as usual. Old A330-200 instead of the usual 739. No IFE working no informative pilot announcements cabin crew announcement was inaudible only one choice of meal which was a very good meal (luckily). No complete breakfast just a little cake before landing very disappointing flight.