Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

In December 2013 we flew from Istanbul to JFK - Flight 0003. We had previously flown from JFK to Istanbul a week earlier so we knew what to expect as far as seat comfort movie selection and meals. This time however the flight crew was very different from the last crew. It was obvious from the moment we walked on the plane that the crew was unfriendly and unprofessional. They seemed completely unconcerned for the well being of the passengers. We received a tiny cup of coffee at take off and did not get any more in the 11 hour flight! The beverage cart only came around when meals were served - twice! The bathroom went from clean to disgusting in about three hours and remained that way. It is very disappointing that such a good airline has terrible employees.

Turkish Airlines customer review

In December 2013 we flew from JFK to Istanbul Turkey then on to Rome Italy. Our flight was 0004. After reading some of the reviews for Turkish Airlines I was concerned about our trip. We were however pleasantly surprised. The flight crew was friendly accommodating and generous with drinks and food. We flew Economy Class. The seats were as comfortable as they can be after 9.5 hours. The movie selection was good. The crew is what really made the flight great. If all Turkish Airline employees were as good as this flight we would definitely fly with them again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from ORD to IST then on to ADD in Early December 2013. The leg from Chicago to Istanbul was perfect. Excellent seats attentive staff and excellent food. Check in was east and efficient and all ground and all flight staff were highly professional and friendly. Flight from IST to ADD was on a smaller plane (B737) so the seats were not good but service was fine. The Istanbul airport is total chaos but the business lounge was huge and the food omnipresent. I'd give Turkish Airlines a top rating better than similar flights on Delta or Ethiopian by far!

Turkish Airlines customer review

The overall service is fair. I was booked in economy premium from Scotland to Turkey and then Turkey to Bangladesh. Although I collected my boarding pass for both parts of the journey from Edinburgh airport where I was allocated my chosen seat. On my trip to Bangladesh the cabin crew at the boarding gate had cut my seat number (12K) on the boarding gate with a pen and gave me seat at the very back of the plane. This made my journey very unpleasant. On both parts of my trip the cabin ran out of one of the options on the catering menu. There was no in-flight entertainment facility on the flight from Turkey to Bangladesh.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from AMS-IST-RUH. The seats in business class are not at all comfortable and not working properly. The steward dressed up as a cook is a joke! Unorganized and messy.

(Macedonia)

IST-SKP-IST excellent flight. Food was very satisfying though was a 1 hour flight. Crew were friendly. Seats were very comfortable. Especially in our return flight we had a very plenty legroom for an airbus A319.

(Portugal)

LIS-IST-LIS. Overall a good experience. Cabin crew friendly nice inflight service comfortable seats and informative cockpit. Flights on time no problems with our bags. Smooth as silk.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Dhaka - Istanbul on Dec 20th (A330-200). Awful experience - Entertainment system for entire aircraft broken for the duration of flight according to a flight attendant for several days already. Apparently no need to fix things at THY. Open wires at my seat seat adjustment at several seats did not function normally. Overall low seat comfort. Crew inattentive and impolite - when I pointed out that a toilet indicator light was also not functioning I was told that the light for another toilet was working. Many in business class cabin were outraged and several people submitted complaint forms. In short: Third-world economy class product for the price of a business class ticket. How this airline warrants 4 stars is beyond me.

Turkish Airlines customer review

First time flying Turkish. JFK-IST-BOM. Nice modern A330. Clean toilets. Good special meals (vegetarian). Good in- flight entertainment system. Kept the kids busy. Except on the BOM-IST where the screen wasn't working. Wi-fi even in the economy class. Good service by FAs.

(Malaysia)

Inflight service from Kuala Lumpur to Skopje was great and only mediocre from Istanbul to Kuala Lumpur. I had a layover more than 11 hours at Ataturk Airport flying in from Budapest on 15 December 2013 Flight TK 1037 and my connecting flights the 16th at 0055 to KLIA. When I asked one of the airline staff at the transfer desk he said that I could get a hotel during my transit. I was then told to go the Turkish Airline Hotel Desk. The airline staff were very rude and told me that there was no hotel room for me. When I told him my wait was more than 10 hours he just waved his hands and never tried to answer any of my questions.