Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew HKG-CDG-HKG Premium Economy Aug/Oct 2013 with a stop in Istanbul. Unfortunately Istanbul - CDG leg was in economy as no Premium available. Both Premium and Economy were miles above most airlines for service comfort and food. The entertainment system was great with plenty of movies and music. Free wifi was a bonus I didn't expect. Definitely want to fly Turkish again.

(Finland)

HEL-IST-HEL. I was impressed the short check in both ways the planes boarded left and arrived in time the luggage was quickly delivered (in Istanbul already when reaching the belt). The plane was a new AB321 and clean. A real lunch with beverage was served (with a menu and choice of two dishes). The crew was at the highest adequate (this a clear development point) but not friendly. Name tags for the bag were finished both in Helsinki and Istanbul.

Turkish Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi on flight TK 0868 on Thur 17 Oct 2013. It had been a great holiday but the flight out was a real let down. For inexplicable reasons our seats were in a hot zone in the plane and we felt like we were being subjected to some sort of in-flight sauna! We did ask the flight attendant (twice in fact) if she could let the flight engineer know of our discomfort. Nothing changed and our four hour flight was awful (not helped by the fact that my wife already felt under the weather). The staff member to whom we reported the fault appeared genuinely sympathetic but although the rear seats in the plane did get cooler we sweltered the whole trip. I think Turkey's a great place and would like to visit it again - but I will not travel on Turkish airlines again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

LHR-IST-DAC. LHR-IST in cramped A320 rushed and poor service with cabin crew having very poor English skills. Crew forgot to serve our row and when this was pointed out was shown palm as she was 'busy' and would deal with it when she had time. Finally got meal served 45 minutes later than other passengers. On arrival at Istanbul TK ground staff showed indifference to questions asked about the complimentary 'TourIstanbul' offer for long transits indicating I would have to find out at my own initiative if I could avail it and that they would not be able to provide any advise! Ataturk Airport is busy but has a good selection of duty free and some nice lounges. IST-DAC on leased Meridiana Aircraft. Terrible flight poor service. However flight departed on time and arrived early. I had no in-seat entertainment console/remote as it had been ripped off its place I assume hence was unable to view inflight entertainment - did not miss much it was only 5 channels of not-so-new movies. Cabin crew were lax with security and the service was very poor. TK takes pride in their 'Turkish Hospitality' but I found the hospitality of theirs quite poor to be truthful. I certainly will not be flying with them again. TK is no competition for the likes of EK QR or even BA for that matter.

Turkish Airlines customer review

My decision to fly this time with Turkish was based on getting a flight at the most economic price with the shortest stopovers: Stuttgart via Istanbul to Cape Town and back. I was pleasantly surprised! The service at the counter was very professional and friendly. No long queues. No hassle with a bag being slightly too thick (having to be re-packed as done at other airlines) and an allowance of 30kg checked in baggage great. Unlike the often older aircraft used by other airlines the planes Airbus were modern and the entertainment systems worked. The food and refreshments excellent! Service good. What a pleasant surprise to be able to purchase goods at the airport in Istanbul in Euros. My only advisory comment is that Turkish need to train their staff how to handle difficult (or rude) customers as they sometimes seemed to be impatient with these. I will definitely fly Turkish again and highly recommend it.

Turkish Airlines customer review

JFK-IST Sep 25. IST-TLV Sep 30. TLV-IST Oct 14. IST-JFK Oct 14. There was not enough leg room. Service was OK. Entertainment system failed twice. Flight crew ignored passengers without seat belts during bumpy ride and during landing. Announcements in English were incomprehensible. Food was excellent! Price was much lower than competition.

Turkish Airlines customer review

My partner and I flew on TK 1035 from IST-BUD on 20th September 2013. We board and I have the window my partner the middle seat and a very large passenger sits in the aisle. Had to have an extension seat belt and spilled over into my partner's seat. We paid AUD 553 each for the one way trip. I'm only 162cm and I felt squashed.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Our family of five adults recently traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to IST to DAR and back. The new lounge in IST is gorgeous! The LAX-IST legs were excellent: comfortable seats attentive staff good food. The IST-DAR legs were only fair: seat controls didn't work staff was less than attentive food was mediocre. But the biggest problem we had was with the online reservation system. Even though I had printouts of the electronic tickets the system kept saying we had not booked and did not allow me to check in. Worse than that the ground personnel had a lot of trouble checking us in. By using the electronic ticket numbers (and not the confirmation code which said our reservations didn't exist) the agent could see our reservation but not check us in or print out boarding passes. Very frustrating! Finally they figured out a work-around and we were able to board.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I flew Turkish Airlines for the first time recently and was very impressed. I just flew shorter flights between Athens and Istanbul and Izmir and Istanbul but found the cabin crew to be professional and gracious and even on a one hour regional flight still received a meal of a whole grain roll with cheese green lettuce and tomato with some yoghurt as well. After flying United with its deathly pale iceberg lettuce and overcooked food on a long flight it was really refreshing! Maybe I was on the newer planes but they were so clean and with individual screens even on shorter flights. Great experience.

(Pakistan)

Travelled from ISB to IST and return in January 2013. I would never fly TK again to Turkey. I would rather take the middle eastern carriers. The flight lasted 6 hours and there was no IFE. The cabin crew were not too friendly either and they just kept to themselves. Food however was good. Overall a really bad experience. Will not travel with them again unless they improve their service on this route.