Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

MUC-IST-SSH-IST-MUC: MUC-IST very good service with great IFE and great food friendly crew. IST-SSH with no IFE due to old Aircraft but great food (I love their fresh orange juice!) and friendly crew too. SSH-IST was good at all but no IFE but friendly crew (it is only hard to understand their English). I would recommend Turkish Airlines they are great and above average. (In compare with other "great" Airlines) IST is not as bad as other people write here it is an old Airport and 2017 the new Istanbul Airport will be open and IST will be closed.

(Spain)

Had to do an emergency flight from MLA-BCN and only ticket I could find last minute was MLA-IST-BCN return and I am glad I did. The MLA-IST looked bit old but in perfect conditions with leather seat. The cabin crew extremely friendly well groomed. Food was a delight as was the squeezed orange juice. I can only say good things about Ataturk Airport as well proper hub. The VIP Lounge left me impressed I would not mind at all missing my flight and being stuck in that gigantic lounge for a few days.

(Italy)

Venice-Istanbul-Guangzhou in Business. Both flights fully booked in all classes. Venice-Istanbul: Airbus A320. Old business class configuration (3 seats with the one in the middle blocked). Limited entertainment (overhead screens). The all-male crew was nice and attentive. CIP Lounge at Ataturk Airport is amazing with two cons: a bit too overcrowded plus I found Wifi way too slow. Istanbul-Guangzhou on Boeing 777-300. Business class seat is lie- flat with a cozy sleeping set provided. Cabin crew was amazing on this flight. I am always positively surprised by Turkish Do&Co: quality is top-notch (restaurant level) and food is always served in abundance. Will keep recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines customer review

We just got back to Boston from Istanbul. The new non stop service from Boston to Istanbul is great. Very good seats in economy with 2-4-2 configurations. The food is good but the host and hostesses are looks like new to the trade. But they do take good care of you if asked. Understanding their English is a problem even the announcements by pilot were difficult to understand. The ground staff in Istanbul need to learn customer service. It feels like they are doing you a favor. Very curt replies and again very poor language skills. But overall I will take Turkish again from Boston. Such comfortable seating as compared to Emirates.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I was traveling from JFK-IST-BOM. The first leg of my journey (JFK-IST) was fantastic! The food was really good. The flight attendants were sober and nice. The later part of my journey (IST-BOM) was okay. The food was satisfactory but not fantastic. I have traveled in several airlines. I prefer Lufthansa but due to high ticket price I booked Turkish and I am glad that I made the decision. I will highly recommend my friends and family to experience Turkish Airlines.

(Thailand)

I have flown with Turkish Airlines three times in the past year. Once from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh Return (suppose it qualifies as a flight) once from Bangkok to Tel Aviv via Istanbul Return and once from Bangkok to Tashkent via Istanbul Return. All flights were way above average - and I know what I am talking about because in the past 12 months I have flown on TG QF VN SQ NZ and PX on more than 50 return flights. I actually hate flying but have to fly to my place of assignment but flying Turkish Airlines is very good. Most cabin staff - male or female - are very good to excellent (several among the best I have ever dealt with) the food is very good IFE way above average and aircraft in very good condition (staff make sure toilets are always kept clean and are up there TG QF CX and NZ). My only real grip is rush rush at transit - Istanbul Airport not the best in the world although Turkish Airlines Lounge must be one of the best - and one of the A321 I flew on from Istanbul to Tashkent had several rows of non-reclining seats (mine 9C) so I must read Seat Guru more carefully in future.

Turkish Airlines customer review

IST-FRA in economy on February 27 2015. This was a lovely flight on time with an excellent lunch. The A321 cabin looks a little worn and the large seat-back screens weren't as bright as some (and came with low quality disposable earbuds). THY has a chef on board but it wasn't clear what "cheffing" he was able to do besides helping the flight attendants. The mostly male cabin crew was extremely attentive and - although I do not drink - I noticed that there was alcohol available.

(Sweden)

BKK-IST-ARN on A330 and then A321. Flight from BKK late 1h arrived in IST in the midst of the snow chaos. Landed 2h late then stuck on tarmac for 1h. No gate so exit in severe snowfall and winds people in flip flops and t- shirts as this was from Thailand. Shipped on buses finally to terminal in utter chaos as all flights were cancelled. Thousands of people and only 3 TK representatives to help. Took into hotel at own cost rebooked tickets next morning via phone. Then headed for airport again flights cancelled again and no help anywhere and of course thousands of angry passengers stranded. TK head office is a place of shame that gave absolutely no help actually the sour lady just said no and then called for next in line. Result 2 days in IST from own pocket. Flying business and being star alliance gold gives little in this company when it matters. Even refused to be rebooked on other flights. Needless to say last flight IST-ARN was 1h late boarding commenced without communication between gate and crew so business passengers and others too stood 20 min outside of plane door watching crew clean the cabin and stock the food. Quite embarrassing. Was planning another flight with TK in business to BKK but my money goes from now to other carriers.

Turkish Airlines customer review

The check-in and departure time are always chaotic with Turkish Airlines. I flew already 8 times with Turkish and they are usually late. Connections at Istanbul are tight which is not matching with the systematic delays of Turkish Airways. If you miss your plane the hotel is provided by Turkish Airlines but the transfer to the hotel is terrible without mentioning the terrible and unprofessional attitude from the visas service + immigration + info desks at Istanbul Airport. Globally I would not recommend Turkish Airways. Even if I omit the delay issues and even if the service on board is OK there is still this something missing that does not make me want to fly again with Turkish Airways - maybe courtesy from their staff. The only point I am impressed about is that even if Istanbul Airport seems to be an organizational chaos the luggage is usually arriving at the final destination even when the time between connection flights are tight (of course if the planes are on time).

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew TK 1332 BRE-IST then TK 716 IST-DEL round-trip. I booked the flight quite spontaneously and TK was surprisingly cheap. Having read that TK is quite good I was a little bit disappointed. Though the food was really great (the Turkish delight is delicious and I like the idea of the fresh orange juice) and I was even given a second menu the staff disappointed me. Perhaps it was only me but I didn't feel very welcome their English wasn't always understandable. Furthermore my flight from Bremen to Istanbul was delayed by over an hour and thus getting my connection was definitely exhausting. When the plane arrived at the gate my last call had already begun. Unfortunately there was no help offered by the FAs. All in all I chose not to recommend Turkish because the onboard product is just average and I prefer airlines being held by more democratic states than Turkey. Nevertheless the flight was quite cheap but in future I will try to avoid them.