Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

Istanbul - Singapore very enjoyable flight. The service was courteous and I was impressed with the help they provided to a young mother with their child. The food was excellent and the IFE had a good selection of music and movies. An excellent way to travel to Europe.

Turkish Airlines customer review

London Gatwick to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen. A comfortable flight meal was acceptable. The service was courteous if not particularly friendly. IFE left a lot to be desired very limited selection of music. The only non Turkish Selection was classical.

Turkish Airlines customer review

While planning a trip to Istanbul we decided on Turkish Airlines mainly due to low fares out of Houston. We booked economy and were a little concerned due to some negative reviews but we have no regrets but do have a few observations. Check in at Houston was fine we decided to upgrade to comfort class at check in there was no offer or signs we just asked. It cost us $350 each for one way but we are glad we did it. Roomy seats nice amenities and good food in comfort class. The in flight entertainment was not so great mostly older movies but we slept just fine. We had concerns about the temperature in flight and yes it was too warm. On our return from IST the check in was chaotic at best. Flight was fine food and amenities were about the same as comfort class so we are glad we did not pay to upgrade. Overall we would not hesitate to fly THY again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

This was the first time I've flown Turkish airlines so I wasn't sure what to expect. The flight from Houston to Istanbul was great and flight attendants were fantastic. But the flight from Istanbul to Houston was bizarre. I had to show my ticket stub 4 times to prove I was in the correct area (not just me everyone had to show their ticket stub) and they placed stickers on unoccupied seats so they could tell if someone changed seats. Turkish Airlines apparently has a weird policy of not letting customers upgrade to premium seating when seats are available. They spend way too much time monitoring the empty seats. They really made my trip feel cheap and uncomfortable.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Turkish Airlines customer review

I read so many bad reviews of Turkish I was a bit sceptical when I boarded. The flights we took were round trip from Houston to Istanbul. I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. The plane was comfortable with adequate legroom in economy. Very good inflight entertainment system. Food was excellent. We especially liked that snacks/drinks during the mid-flight time (after first meal and before second) were all self service. Very convenient. My only complaint would be the lavatory got messy fast and never really felt clean. Flight out of Houston was one hour late out of Istanbul was right on time.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Washington Dulles to Istanbul Business Class. I was re-routed from a cancelled flight onto this one and what a nice surprise it turned out to be. The flight arrived on time and the cabin crew were very polite. The service was excellent with on demand entertainment comfortable reclining seats to sleep in and a complimentary meal service. This was not at all like flying with the USA's airlines where the staff are usually brusque and rude and the service generally terrible. I very much recommend Turkish Airlines for long haul business class.

Turkish Airlines customer review

IST-YYZ. Pretty much a good experience except that the overhead luggage storage was completely stuffed full as we boarded the aircraft. This created tension and stress as we did not want to store our belongings way down the aisle. We discovered that it was in fact the cabin crew that had plugged the overheads with their personal luggage and not even the crew from our cabin. I have flown with Turkish many times and I wish they would understand that little things like this do matter very much to the traveller.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Kenya)

19th April Nairobi to Istanbul. The cabin crew responded well and were kind I was also comforted by the Boeing sky interior in the Boeing 737-800. We took of on time and landed 15 minutes early. Return flight on 29th April was a bit hectic after we missed our return flight to Nairobi Turkish Airlines offered to help us and after clearing with them the main problem was our bags. They told us that our bags would be transferred from the lost and found desk directly to the aircraft. Would recommend.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Travelled from Birmingham UK to Dhaka Bangladesh via Istanbul the on-going flight was ok. The return flight was not as pleasant the inflight entertainment system was not working. I asked the cabin crew if they could help but they were far too busy. Eventually after a long wait I was relocated to another seat similarly on the new seat the inflight entertainment system was not working. I had to make the entire journey (6 hours plus) with nothing to do. As a result I would not recommend Turkish Airlines.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Houston to Delhi on 26th and it was quite impressive. Staff were attentive food was excellent and service excellent. I travel at least twice every year to India and this has been the best I have encountered. The only downside was the leg space in economy however was impressed with the Premium Economy (although it was all booked and available only on the first leg). I am looking forward to my next trip on 11/05 with a stop in Istanbul and heading to Chicago on 22nd.