Turkish Airlines

"exceptional service"

Not Verified | I called Turkish Airlines office in Toronto to make reservation for my dog to fly with us to Istanbul. She was very professional, answered every question I had, complete the reservation explaining to me all the details. She also helped with Miles & Smiles. I am a frequent flyer with Turkish Airlines and will continue so. Service is great, staff always smile and enjoy serving us, food is number one in the world and unlimited drinks. I recommend everyone to experience exceptional service with Turkish Airlines.
RouteToronto to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"economy they do not serve any alcohol"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Before I thought this is good airline, not anymore. During covid i have flown every month with it, sometimes business and sometimes economy. In economy they do not serve any alcohol but in business they do.
RouteIstanbul to Miami
Date FlownJune 2021

"they treated me so badly"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline. The airline preponed my flight and I had 22 hrs transit in Istanbul. Above all, I accepted the offer because I had an emergency and I needed to fly anyway. They did not give any information beforehand, I tried to contact the service center and even went to the airport to find someone at the service desk if possible but it almost impossible to communicate with the airline. I tried to request the staff through telephone they convinced me that my request for a hotel room in Istanbul airport will be accepted. when I reached the airport for check-in they demanded that I need to apply for an e-visa that would cost 120€. I was about to miss my flight but the staff was so not cooperative even the person at the service desk was very rude. However, I finally managed to get on board. I expected to get a room in the airport Hotel in Istanbul, but my request was rejected. It was the worst experience spending time in Istanbul airport for 22 hrs. Maybe because I was an economy class passenger, they treated me so badly but I think it is someway their responsibility until I reach my destination. Those 22 hrs in Istanbul airport was a trauma for me. I would not recommend traveling with this airline.
RouteCologne to Kathmandu via Istanbul

Turkish Airlines customer review

Not Verified | I have flown with Turkish Airlines over a 100 times in business and in economy and they have never disappointed me. Always great staff, great food, good inflight entertainment, free headphones and blankets, new planes except TK35. I highly recommend this airline.
RouteToronto to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2021

"I had to stay in the airport for 26 hours"

(Iraq)

Trip Verified | If you have an option not to fly Turkish, then please do. You will save your self a lot of money, time and effort wasted. I have booked a flight on Turkish with Transit time of 2 hours. 24 Hours before the departure time, they changed the transit flight and the transit time has become 26 hours instead of 2 and they did nothing in return to help me! I called the customer service and they confirmed to me that I will receive a hotel accommodation for my 26 hours transit time as soon as I arrive to Istanbul. I arrived to Istanbul, boom! There is no hotel accommodation for me! I had to stay in the airport for 26 hours suffering from noise and being tired and they did nothing to me. I filed a case and it took them 20 hours to review it! So they just wasted my money, my time and my efforts. Never do Turkish again! Also, be careful with the Hotel Office, they will do anything to not give you the hotel!
RouteMilan to Baghdad via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"denied boarding by TK ground staff"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel with Turkish Airlines on 19 of May 2021. We were relocating together with my family. I was supposed to fly with Turkish Airlines together with my cat so she can fly in the cabin. My husband and twins were supposed to fly next day with Etihad Airways because its a day flight so children sleep will not be disrupted. It took me a while to organise everything. I am a citizen of Belarus, resident of UAE, wife of a Greek citizen and a mother of 2 Greek children. So according to Greece entry regulations i was allowed to enter. Yet i was denied boarding by TK ground staff. I was told that Thessaloniki airport police didnt give permission for me to fly. I wonder based on what... I had marriage certificate, birth certificates for my kids, explaining that we are relocating... I seriously wonder what kind of information was provided that i was denied to enter. The day before we were in Embassy of Greece to get my consent for my husband to travel with kids. No issues. The ground staff didn't even inform me that i will not be flying, he just left for boarding. So ones again - we are relocating. My bank account is closed, mobile phone disconnected. I had to urgently book flight for me with Etihad and arrange transportation for my cat with less then 24 hours notice. I had to buy new cargo carrier because mine was already packed in container. My cat transportation with Etihad cost a kidney. When i picked the cat in cargo facility - she was in shock. I planned everything many month before to make my family relocation smooth and without stress, yet i end up being humiliated, left behind and forced to run like insane next day to arrange everything for Etihad flight including new PCR test. I got boarding pass for EY flight next day, no questions were asked. I contacted Turkish Airline for refund and compensation however their response was that they were acting according civil aviation rules and I was supposed to fly with family member. Obviously it was a mistake but airline would not admit it.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Thessaloniki via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I've been trying to book my mothers return ticket home for the last 2 weeks. She had an open date ticket and needed to book ticket for June 14. I was ready to make the payment for the price difference the first day I called on May 19th. I spend more than 8 hours total of my time on the phone with customer service to complete this "simple transaction". I've been given multiple promises that someone will call me to complete the payment of the price difference for the ticket and no one ever called me. After multiple back on forth between customer service, customer relations and feedbacks, on May 25th their ticketing office got back to me with information that the ticket difference has been approved by customer relations and they a ready to process the payment. I received Credit card authorization form to complete. I submitted completed form with supporting documents requested the same day. I received a confirmation saying "We have received the requested documents and an updated email will be sent to you once the changes are finalized." I thought this nightmare was finally over. But after not hearing anything for 4 days I started getting anxious again. Yesterday, on May 30th I received an email from Turkish Airlines in regard of the feedback saying "Unfortunately we will not be able to meet your demand positively. We appreciate your understanding in this matter." I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with customer service, was transferred back and forth between them and customer relations again. All only to find out, that my payment was not processed (who knows why) and someone in the office in TX deleted the ticket from the system. Customer relations representative Onur was very helpful and submitted request on my behalf to complete the investigation and resolve this issue. I was told that someone will definitely call me within the next 24 hours with an update and no one called. How long is it going to last? When will this be resolved?
RouteOdessa to Seattle via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"My worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | My worst experience ever with Turkish Airlines. I booked a ticket from London to Karachi via Istanbul, they cancelled my flight 3 times and I paid 3 time for PCR fit to fly test. When we call the customer service first they give a covid-19 reason for flight cancellation, later on they confirmed that the flight is going on time but still they cancelled my flight and none of them were helpful. I confirmed the flight arrived on time so I can say surely that they have sold my tickets to someone else.
RouteLondon to Karachi
Date FlownMay 2021

"my worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I have been flying international for over 30 years. My last trip with Turkish Airlines was my worst experience ever. They kept canceling my domestic flight from Istanbul to Alanya and did not accommodate adjustment to their own international connection. They changed three times and I had to pay the change fee to adjust my connecting flight and pay for their irresponsibility. Furthermore their call center although helpful did not have the authority to do anything and their feedback system was useless.
RouteTehran to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"ask me to put my mask in a way you talk to a child"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines cabin crew is not well trained and extremely rude. The staff of TK710 from Istanbul to Islamabad on 18th May, 2021 interrupted me while I was in a conversation with my wife to ask me to put my mask in a way you talk to a child. Your cabin crew supervisor says we have to make gestures to make people wear masks because they can't speak English, why don't you hire people who can speak the language of your customers instead of treating them like herd of cows. You have to use the call button at least 5 times to get a response. This effects your brand image so negatively since service is the only thing that differentiates one airline from the other. As a customer I won't remember your false claims of superior customer service or video ads used in marketing, I will, however, remember how I got treated on your planes. Turkish Airlines management, I have been using your Airlines for the past 5 years but you continue to disappoint me. My trip got badly affected by this behavior of your staff. I hope they are questioned about this and then given training on how to be polite to your customers who pay for these tickets.
Routeİstanbul to Islamabad
Date FlownMay 2021

"this flight was at good quality"

Trip Verified | Since most of the extra Covid precautions lifted of in terms of in-flight catering, this flight was at good quality. Welcome drinks that Turkish offers still not served due to Covid however, food was quite good. Crew served a mezze platter, accompanied by a main dish with three options as usual. Also crew were highly sensitive about wearing masks and constantly warning the ones who was taking of their masks unless they are eating or drinking. Hospitality of Turkish crew was as good as always.
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownApril 2021

"COVID-19 a cost-cutting, service-reduction excuse"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines continues to use COVID-19 as a cost-cutting, service-reduction excuse. It's self-defeating as they need to entice back their customers, but personally I would choose to fly another airline next time. They do not serve alcohol (not sure what the link with COVID-19 is?) but they are finally serving hot meals once again. IFE is limited - it has not been updated in months. The crew are perfunctory, and there's no real warmth or hospitality. Flying Turkish these days is a frustrating experience: flights are frequently cancelled or rescheduled (this has happened with every single flight I've taken with them) and the service and amenities are not in line with the high fees you pay. Disappointing.
RouteLondon to Istanbul

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I asked for an alcoholic beverage during my trip. They said they don't serve alcoholic beverages in economy class due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, they serve alcoholic beverages in business class. When I asked, ‘does the corona pandemic affect only economy class?’ They could not give a reasonable explanation about it. This flight was such a bad experience for me. If I had known before, I would have preferred another airline to fly with. They use the coronavirus pandemic as an excuse.
RouteIstanbul to Houston
Date FlownMay 2021

"incompetence and a lack of assistance"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Never in my life have I encountered such incompetence and a lack of assistance from an airline. Poor customer service in the airport; I was passed from one person to another for about three hours trying to solve the problem, but none of them were able to assist. The layover in Istanbul was excessively long and thicket included a hotel, but instead of resting in the hotel at night, I wasted 3 hours of my time and nerves searching for and speaking with endless airport personnel, and the rest of my connection time was spent in a freezing airport!
RouteVilnius to Tashkent via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"don't have visas in your Russian passports"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | My wife and me are dual Canadian and Russian citizens. For the last pandemic year we have been living in Moscow, Russia. We have even got fully vaccinated in Moscow a few months ago. We had planned to spend two weeks in Crete, Greece, where we have a vacation apartment. Unfortunately the first two out of three legs Moscow-Istanbul-Athens-Heraklion were with Turkish Airlines. On the morning of May 4 we were in layover in Istanbul waiting to board the plane to Athens when a Turkish Airlines' employee asked us to show our documents to enter Greece. Prior, I had checked all the documents we need at the Greek border with the Greek Consulate in Moscow - Passenger Locator Form with our residential addresses in Moscow and in Greece, Vaccination Certificate and COVID-19 PCR Test Certificate. And Ι specifically asked if we may enter Greece with our Canadian passports, because with these passports we don't need visas. I got full approval for this and was told that as residents of Russia we may enter Greece keeping any other national passports. So I showed to Turkish Airlines employees all the documents we have, even the property title in Greece. But when as the boarding started we were informed that we were not allowed on the plane to Athens! I was plainly told "If you are Russian resident, you cannot fly to Greece with your Canadian passport, you must have a Sсhengen visa in you Russian passport". So we had a big discussion but Turkish Airlines' answer was the same - "you are not allowed on the plane because you don't have visas in you Russian passports." So the plane took off but we stayed in Istanbul. For the first time in my life I was not allowed on the plane with my Canadian passport which I used before in Greece many times! Subsequently, we couldn't get any compensation from Turkish Airlines because they said "that's your fault, you don't have enough documents"! Our tickets from Moscow to Athens, our next tickets from Athens to Heraklion with another air company few hours later, our car reservation in Heraklion fully paid, and we also had to spend a lot of extra money to return from Istanbul to Moscow, and we lost our two-week vacation?
RouteMoscow to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"Avoid it like a plague"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I fly Turkish Air business class Toronto to Hong Kong via Istanbul and planned a Covid19 test during the long layover in IST in order to meet Hong Kong entry restrictions. I was informed the IST-HKG segment will be delayed for 4 hours soon after I made my ticket purchase. From YYZ check-in to IST transfer, I found every staff member has their own way of interpreting travel restrictions. Nobody can point a clear direction along the way. I eventually missed the flight and had to take the next flight two days later. During which my luggage was stored at their facility. The in-flight service of IST-HKG was mediocre. The seats were of first-generation recliners, food was okay, the in-flight entertainment was a joke, WiFi signal spotty. When I arrived at HK hotel. I found the locks of my suitcase compromised with apparent marks of piled damage and contents inside searched. I reported to Turkish Air as soon as possible. Although there’s black and white I have 7 days to report the damage. The baggage claim department denied my request for various excuses. It was hilarious that they insisted the damage must be visible and I should report at the airport instead of reporting within the 7 days’ frame. I think they are implying you should check your locks right away whenever you fly Turkish Airlines? Experiences with Turkish Airlines explained itself why I cannot recall any smiling face throughout the Turkish Flight experience .. the airline is so screwed up that every staff member is in defence mode. Turkish Air joined Star Alliance in 2008 but don’t mistake they’ll provide international airline service standards. You’ll be disappointed. Avoid it like a plague.
RouteToronto to Hong Kong via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"most pathetic customer support"

Not Verified | Turkish Airlines used to be one of the worlds best, in my opinion, with excellent planes, flight services, and support. Unfortunately, there has perhaps been a change of senior management or something to that effect, as they have in my estimation become just another third world country airline. I have been trying to reserve an airline flight out of Turkey, unable to do so on their website, and in each of two calls to their "customer service" line, they have put me on hold, only to hang up one me. In one instance, the young lady was literally typing on her keyboard when she disconnected. This is the most pathetic customer support experience I have ever had. I have over 30,000 miles of frequent flier miles with this airline, but fortunately have the ability to put them to use with other airlines. I will never go to TK airlines other than a last resort again.
RouteKabul to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2020

"none of the middle seats were left empty"

Not Verified | Part of the trip from Atlanta to Istanbul was pleasant but after the connection everything went through the hole. The flight was delayed from the beginning and we arrived in Addis 40 minutes late, there were only 1 person at each service station to serve the customer, and after all this ups and down non of the baggage’s from US is not transferred to the connection flight aircraft. For some of us who have to travel to out of Addis Ababa have to spent extra 5 days stay because of our bags still delayed for the second flight. I hope I will get my bags intact and all the items inside. Please consider other airlines or members from other members or use Ethiopian Airlines for at least to save time from baggage delay or all the headaches. In this Covid-19 pandemic era they use a larger aircraft to fulfill the COVID protocol to fly out of US, however they use a small airplane to carry a larger number of passengers and none of the middle seats were left empty. This shows they have a double standard for developed/developing country citizens.
RouteAtlanta to Addis Ababa via Istanbul

"Excellent travel experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Tashkent via Istanbul in Economy. Excellent travel experience. All flights boarded early and left/arrived on time or early. Excellent entertainment offering and generous food service (a warm meal in economy on a 2 ½ hour flight). Found the seat pitch to be fine on both Boeing 787 and A330 - am 180cm tall. Crew taking care to ensure that all passengers were wearing their face masks at all times as well as regularly cleaning and monitoring the lavatories. Transfer in Istanbul relatively seamless. Highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteVienna to Tashkent via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"told me the gate was closed"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines customer service in Mogadishu is horrible. My flight at Mogadishu, Somalia was scheduled to leave at 10:45am. I was at the departure check in by 9:30am, but they told me to get my covid 19 test certified by the Somali health ministry. At 9:45am when I came back to check in, they told me the gate was closed. I went to speak to the manager who refused to let me board the plan because according to him, "the gate closes 1 hour and 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time." Their top manager in Somalia can barely speak English, is extremely rude and unreasonable. I will choose another airline on my next visit to Somalia.
RouteMogadishu to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"check in staff kept us waiting"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Their check in staff kept us waiting for over an hour while we waited for their confirmation to let us through. In turn we lost our flight and they took our bags. They refused to compensate us for the missing bags (which were returned by another airline) and the stress and expenses we had from not having our bags and missing our flight.
RouteIstanbul to Tblisi
Date FlownApril 2021

"cabin crew must improve English skills"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Overall, flying with Turkish Airlines was great. The cabin crew were friendly, food was tasty. The inflight entertainment was nice, however, the cabin crew must improve their English speaking skills. The legroom could have been better as well.
RouteJakarta to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"very disappointed in this flight"

Not Verified | I booked seats with extra legroom in the front of the aircraft. Paid extra for them. They overbooked the seats next to me. Multiple children. A child threw up in my seat. I asked to change seats and pay for an upgrade. They refused and offered to move me to the back of the plane. I ultimately had to move due to the smell. They did not clean the seat. This could have been avoided at no cost to them and increased cost to me, but they were unable to accommodate dispute an abundance of seats. I am very disappointed in this flight.
RouteNew York to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"restarted mostly a full service"

Trip Verified | My first two sector business review of Turkish. They have restarted mostly a full service which to fair is good. Amenity kits back on offer which reassured me that it’s not all cutting corners to save money. Flights mostly busy due to restrictions with other airlines at present into London. Crew attentive and a full selection of alcoholic drinks. I don’t use IFE but it looked pretty good. Summing up even if their business product is generally lacklustre and basic (think 1990s) it was economical and would try again if there were no ME3 alternatives.
RouteKabul to London via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Try to avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | First I was told to get a travel covid test that I did payed $150 each for me and my girl, in the last min I was told this test is not good and I had to redo it again payed $498. The Reschedule my flight for two days later. I arrive last night in Istanbul and I have to wait for next flight for 29h but now the are telling me my test has been expired and I have to take it again and I don't know what to do. I was told in Houston by Turkish Airlines that the will provide hotel during waiting period in airport but believe or not the did but after I payed 2012 euros. Try to avoid this airline and this airport staff very rude and very disrespect to people.
RouteHuston to Pristina via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"a safe and pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | We transited from an international Turkish Airlines flight, so our bags were checked through. There were no crew announcements detailing where to go in the terminal after landing. The answer - you must proceed all the way to the domestic departure counters in the transit area. Our travel documents were requested again - check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. Skybridges were used on both ends of this flight, making boarding and deplaning quick and easy. The flight itself was on an older A320-200, nicely maintained and was covid-clean. We spent less than 1½ hours in the air, so there was no time for snacks, drinks or entertainment. The crew was attentive and ensured a safe and pleasant flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteIstanbul to Dalaman

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Turkey during the Covid-19 pandemic, which include a PCR test and a Form of Entrance Due to Pandemic Threat from the Turkish Ministry of Health. Check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. From boarding to deplaning, everything was Covid Clean. Our 2½ hour flight from Malta to Istanbul was on a new A320 NEO. The legroom was good, the meal was a simple bagged sandwich with refreshments, but the crew were great. Turkish Airlines has yet to disappoint – although we do wish they would bring back the Turkish Delights as a boarding gift.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteMalta to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not trusting this airline again"

Not Verified | Flight got cancelled and they didn't even let me know it was. Besides the fact that flying today is particularly difficult with all the covid tests expected to before flying, I only found out my flight was inexistent once I was already in the airport to do check-in. Only to find out about another 7 people where in the same position as me. We had to wait for a Turkish representative to come for him to tell us that there is nothing that he can do, we cannot be moved to any other flights and that there is no way I will fly out that day or maybe even any day after that. We called the representatives in Istanbul to tell us the same thing, now I am waiting for my refund and not trusting this airline again!
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2021

"you can’t be reimbursed"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel 30 Jan 2020 with Turkish airlines from Paris to Cairo, I had chosen this company over other companies because I thought it would be the best among them. What I found out is the opposite, they didn’t let me check in because they thought that I was not eligible to go to Egypt without a visa. However, I had an Egyptian entry stamp on my passport 3 months before my travel with Turkish airlines. I asked them to reconsider their decision many times, they were so rude and they didn’t even care to answer me, the next day was a the first day of closing all French boundaries so I was so stressed. I took another flight with Egyptair early in the morning of next day and I traveled so easily because I did not need a visa as Turkish Airlines claimed. It’s been nearly two months that I ask Turkish airlines to reimburse me the flight that they cancel because of their ignorance and their reply "Thank you for your feedback you can’t be reimbursed".
RouteParis to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"plane was packed without following SOPs"

Trip Verified | First of all, the ground staff at Karachi International Airport was so rude, requested a wheelchair for my wife as she is pregnant and due to some medical condition she is not allowed to walk too long causing Edema, though wheelchair was free the staff asked for money. when we arrived in Istanbul we have requested a wheelchair again and the staff told me to take your baby and handbags with you for the boarding and we will bring your wife later, she waited for a wheelchair for 30 minutes and when she saw the last call message on flight board she picked up stuff and walked for around over a kilometre to reach the boarding gate and when I complained about it they simply ignored it. In-flight entertainment was dated and they served cold food in a box that included a tiny pouch of water, kids juice, a cold bun with cheese and a small piece of dry cake. when I have asked why not serving hot food they said due to the covid 19 we are not serving hot food but you can sit next to other passengers, the plane was packed without following SOPs. Do not recommend anyone this airline.
RouteKarachi to London via Istanbul

"shameless business organization"

Trip Verified | I have never seen such a shameless business organization. I lost my luggage on the flight. I had many items including my education documents inside. I reported this after the flight and they said there are looking for the luggage and I have to wait 21 days. Then
RouteAddis Ababa to Washington via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not wearing masks during this flight"

(Tanzania)

Not Verified | I am very disappointed by Turkish Airlines staff behavior during the flight from Dar es Salaam to Istanbul on 05/03. I would say that around 15-20% of passengers were not wearing masks during this flight. I am sure the staff were aware of this situation but they didnt warn anybody and they ask people to wear masks only before landing. Knowing current situation of unofficial increasing covid numbers in Tanzania, I have serious concerns about this behavior of Turkish Airlines. I should mention that I took the same flight back in September and my experience was positive as the staff members were more attentive. So I hope my feedback will give some positive actions. Thank you, Ausra
RouteDar es Salaam to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I was made to pay for their app error"

Trip Verified | I bought a round trip ticket for me and my wife from Los Angeles to Addis Ababa. In Addis, once when it was time to return back I realized I needed to change my return date. I went on to the TK app on my phone to change the ticket. I found a suitable date and paid the fee and changed our flight, so I thought. One thing that puzzled me was I didn't receive an email confirmation though my credit card was charged and I could see the change I made on the app. On the final seat selection day, it was a Sunday, I went back to the app to select a seat. I was able to do it for my self but not for my wife. I decided to do it at the airport counter since there was no one to call on a Sunday night in Addis to help me. At the airport, the Turkish Airline local staff told me my wife's ticket has expired and they have no authority to help me or call Turkey. I was asked to pay extra 500 dollars to replace the ticket to fly. Once back in the U S I contacted Turkish using their feedback form. After a week period of waiting each time and going back and forth, all I got from them was a generic response. Sad! No specifics to my case, no reason as to why I didn't get an email, no reason why I was charged. They said, Sorry this happened to you but our app is fine and we can't do anything for you. I fly Turkish because they are cheap. I have done it annually the last three times but no more. I was made to pay for their app error.
RouteAddis Ababa to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"avoid using Turkish Airlines ever again"

Not Verified | I'm doing all I can to avoid using Turkish Airlines ever again. The tickets costed about $800, but I ended up paying an extra $1,000 because of them. I was headed from LA to Montenegro via Istanbul. Once I landed in Istanbul, I saw my flight was cancelled to Montenegro. No email or phone notification - just on the boards upon arrival. They told me the next one would be the following morning - and when I asked why they said they don't know. But since it's COVID, so many people on my flight were going to have our tests expire if we had such a long layover - as most countries don't allow international layovers longer than 8 hours. So I had to pay for a sketchy VISA at the airport, go through customs, go get another COVID and wait for the results in the middle of the night. I got my results, went back to the terminal, waited another few hours and - guess what - they cancelled the rescheduled flight a couple hours before takeoff. Now my fellow passengers were furious, because they were giving no reason for the cancelled flights and just said they can cover our hotels. I asked when the next flight would be, and they said they don't know but probably tomorrow (turns out it was about 36 hours later - keep in mind most countries don't accept COVID tests older than 72 hours especially if you've had a layover). I then asked if there's any guarantee that the flight won't be cancelled a third time, and they said they don't know. So I got to the airport on friday, it was now nearing sunday, and I started work monday. I told them I might just have to drive, but to get me as close to Montenegro as possible. They put me on a cheap flight to Serbia, which was delayed by a couple of hours (one hour of which the passengers were sitting on a crowded bus outside of the terminal as they de-iced the plane). On top of this, passengers on both my LA-IST flight, and IST-Belgrade flight weren't wearing masks, and it didn't seem to bother the flight attendants. So I got to Serbia, had to get a hotel on my own dime, and another flight to Montenegro on my own dime. I'm of course going to dispute the original ticket cost since they screwed me over and just sent me to an airport that seems to profit off of cancelled flights by not offering complimentary internet (you have to pay a substantial fee every 12 hours), by forcing you to buy a visa in cash if you now need a new covid tests, and by offering pricy covid tests.
RouteLos Angeles to Podgorica via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"The worst experience ever!"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever! Turkish Airlines made a mistake with the outbound flight (which they even recognized). Despite several feedback, tens of calls they were unable to rectify the mistake. Incompetent, unprofessional and with poor English the call center is a disaster. Terrible.
RouteKhartoum to Malaga via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"still not given me back my money"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by them in April 2020, I asked for a refund in August 2020, it is now the end of February 2021 and they still have not given me back my money despite asking for the money at least 10 times. If you book with Turkish Airlines, just realise that if the flight is cancelled, they will not give your money back for perhaps a year.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London

"seriously unhelpful, irresponsible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | They sold me open ticket, they cancelled the flight on their own, and then never allowed me to book a new ticket. I wasted many hours on their phone lines. They kept saying we don't have permission from travel agency and you should contact travel agency. even though I had contacted the travel agency many times and they had notified the airline to book me a new ticket and they could see it in their system. they still refused to help. My whole money and vacation got wasted. They are a seriously unhelpful, irresponsible and greedy airline.
RouteTehran to Stockholm via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines"

Not Verified | The award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines. They blame covid for cutting every business class amenity - but every other tier 1 airline aren't having to cut service, this airline has crushed its standard - should be a 2 star airline now. If you cant deliver a quality product - don't reopen - but charging 4000 per person and then taking away all the quality elements is just bad.
RouteNew York to İstanbul

"Very unsatisfactory service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines client services via phone are extremely slow and unhelpful. In order to effect a simple and straightforward change of reservation, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a service center in Romania, with people who barely spoke English, and who were unable to process the reservation change because (1) they don’t understand English well enough; and (2) because apparently the computer system suffers frequent glitches. In the end it was impossible to change the reservation without filing a complaint (which they call “feedback”). And this feedback requires waiting to receive a feedback #, which one must use to communicate again with the Romanian client services. This was done, and I was told to expect an email in 2 hours — which never arrived. Back to the Romanian call center, another 2 hours wasted trying to explain, to no avail. I lost that ticket, ended up buying a completely new ticket for twice the price. And Turkish Airlines refused to acknowledge their mistake. Very unsatisfactory service.
RouteRome to Khartoum via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"will never recommend it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | My return flight from Tel Aviv to Madrid was cancelled 4 times. Each time I received a cancelation mail, I called the head office and was re-booked for another date and 30min after I got the confirmation by email, the flight was cancelled. Eventually I was told that the Israeli government is not allowing this airline to fly to and from the country and even though the company had this information they kept selling the exact flight on there official website! So do not believe what you see on line or you will get a big surprise and many frustrating hours on the phone with the airline. Will never fly with this company again and of course will never recommend it.
RouteMadrid to Tel Aviv via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired"

Trip Verified | The flight from ATL to IST was good; however the food was not as good as it used to be, the number of options and quality has declined tremendously. Boarding at IST to DXB was a concern for us, too many people on an enclosed waiting room and delayed flight. The Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired. The onboard service was very simple to poor. The seats were ample but tired. It still has three seats in the middle, configuration 2-3-2, which is not the most desirable, unless you are flying in a family of three. Disembarkation in Dubai was disorderly, instead of doing it by rows, the passengers in Economy just pushed their way through Business to get out first, no social distancing or order by put in place by crew.
AircraftBoeing 787-9/777-300
RouteAtlanta to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication between Turkish Airlines and the Turkish Government, according to the last communication from Turkish the government put out on December 30, 2020 effective immediately a requirement for COVID 19 test for transit passengers. According to Turkish this requirement was voided on same day 12/30/2020, however Turkish failed to communicate to the passengers the new requirement. I had called on 12/29/2020 to verify if we needed a test and Turkish Call Center indicated no test was required. However, I did get an email from Turkish on 12/30/2020 at 7pm, when we landed in Houston (on another airline at our own expense) that passengers in transit in Istanbul did not need a COVID-19 test. Turkish Airlines has not assumed the responsibility to communicate the changes or to repair the loses they caused us.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 787-9
RouteDubai to San Francisco via Istanbul

Turkish Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Everything started great with them. The booking process was surprisingly easy especially with COVID-19. I booked the ticket for my girlfriend to come and visit me here in the US and she said the flights to Seattle with them were great and she had no complaints. About a week before she was going to depart Seattle to go home she got sick and had a positive COVID test and I had to suspend the ticket. The process of suspending it was very easy because I just had to send them the PCR test showing a positive result. But now sense she has recovered we have been trying to get the ticket reissued and have been trying for 2 weeks now. They have been extremely slow and been lying constantly about returning phone calls and making false promises for the new rebooking. As of now I have sent the positive PCR results in 3 times to them and am starting to go around the same loop again. I will update this as more news come.
RouteOdessa to Seattle via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"lose or destroy my luggage"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | I'm a frequent traveler with hundreds of flights. My worst experiences is with Turkish Airlines. They always manage to lose or destroy my luggage. This time, they overcharge on extra weight and totally destroyed my new bag. Ground and customer support are useless. My Company booked me on Turkish Airlines because i would never book them myself if there's alternative.
RouteIstanbul to Kuwait
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Twice they messed up my flight"

Trip Verified | Twice they messed up my flight. First time when I was flying to Lviv they messed up the dates ,and I couldn’t do check in because I was not in the system. The people who’s working there not professional, I spoke with over 20 different people over the phone to check what’s going with my flight, they couldn’t fix anything , and it was their fault. So when I was going to the airport I still didn’t know if I’m flying or not. I got to the airport on rush, 1 hour before registration because I was on the line and they didn’t tell me anything and didn’t fix it. And it was international flight when you supposed to get there at least 3 hours before. But I didn’t know that was just a beginning, when I supposed to return back from Lviv that was happened again. Messed up my dates, my flight, I was holding on the line the whole night and they send me final confirmation 1 hour before registration in the morning.
RouteLviv to Chicago via Istanbul

"not the same anymore"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines is not the same anymore. I would like to share my experience about my flight MIA-IST on Jan 31. I’ve had a sit at 26H. I was board in one of the first group. I’ve had a huge box with laptop. It can’t be stored in the overhead bin as there was no room for that. I placed it between my legs and the crew saw that and did nothing upon boarding but before take of the flight attendant asked me to place it under the seat in front of me or in the overhead bin. I told her I can’t do that as there is no room for that and ask to change my seat. They found a sit for me at 18G and I placed the box with laptop under the seat 18E. There was nobody and there was a plenty room for that. At this time another flight attendant showed up and start yelling to me if I’m not place it in the overhead bin and not follow the rules she kick me off the plane. She was rude and very aggressive. I’ve had a flight to Miami on Jan 29 and had a bag with dogs. It was stored the same way at 17E as the box with laptop and it was fine and nobody said nothing on my first flight. So why it was such a big deal if they do nothing on my first flight with the same issue? I wanted to use the lavatory but the seatbelt sign was on so the crew informed me I have to stay in my seat but few minutes later I’ve seen a guy who get off his seat with mask off and this lady was standing next to him and said nothing.
RouteMiami to Kyiv via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"disappointed for what was not a cheap ticket"

Trip Verified | A disappointing trip that would be so easily made better. Actually my first ever trip on Turkish airlines. And it was poor. I understand that we are travelling under different circumstances at the moment but they could do better. To serve a flavourless cheese roll, a peach juice and a small water as replacement catering is unacceptable. Does the ME3 who compete with Turkish do likewise? No. Crew were not interested in the customers and after handing out the cheese rolls remained mostly hidden at the back of the aircraft. I asked for a wine but was offered a second water. Again, disappointed for what was not a cheap ticket. I was offered business class too at a competitive cost but glad I did not take that option in case of similar poor service standards. Worth noting that check in and ground crew was fine. IFE too looked goo but I did not participate. I think my one-off experience with Turkish as a ME3 alternative will not be repeated.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"They served us some absolutely delicious meals"

(Finland)

Not Verified | The airport was a little bit dirty when I stepped in the waiting area, but the staff were very kind at the airport. Because the economy class was full, and some of the economy travellers were Frequent Flyers, (like me) we had a free upgrade to Business class. We were kept waiting for almost 1 and a half hours inside the plane. The cabin crew was very nice and I had a choice of four different pre-flight drinks. The cabin was wide and quiet, while I was very surprised at the seat having an IFE System and a reading light, that is pretty rare in narrow-body airliners. The seat was very clean and had many useful things. The In-Flight Entertainment system had lots of features which I could use while waiting for the plane to move. Later on, we got flying and experienced some minor turbulence. The cruise was overall very good. They served us some absolutely delicious meals, consisting fruits, a main course, drinks and a dessert. We landed quickly and smoothly to Istanbul. We left the plane via a jetway, which was pretty nice too.
RouteHurghada to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I don’t recommend Turkish Airlines"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I had a connecting flight Doha to Cairo via Istanbul. We have arrived at 11.30pm from Cairo. We have arrived (me, wife & infant) at the arrival gate then we have to walk around 4 KM passing by Security gate, Security team doesn’t speak English and asked me to carry my child out of his car to scan it. I tried to explain that X-ray machine not going to fits. However, they insist to be like that but I was right and the x-ray didn’t fit and we lost time. On my way to my gate I have noticed my flight status ( last call) I run around 3 minutes but unfortunately I missed my flight. I went direct to the customer service informing them the situation and this was at 12.50am which’s 5 minutes after the gate close and 55 minutes before the flight time, customer service lady asked me on very rough and taff way to follow the line tried to inform her I have a baby and we can catch the flight but she ignored me. Now, I understood no way and I have missed the flight. I started to ask about solutions ( the only option to provide me another flight after 15 hours without hotel accommodation and Egyptian Nationalists not allow to enter the country by getting visa upon arrival. So no hotel booking for 15 hours with 4 months child with additional cost of $100 to access the IGA lounge and just to let my wife feel good while she breath feeding her child. I don’t recommend Turkish Airlines for any one.
RouteDoha to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | This is the worst customer service that you could imagine. The attitude and knowledge are really bad! They will try to ignore you, put you on wait, point you to someone else .. until you give up. They made us running around for no reason .. everyone of them have the different guidance and none of them take responsibility to solve the issues or help their customers. One of them even asked me to wait for 15 mins .. then after 15 mins, she stood up then went home. I tried to asked her about my case, she ignored me totally. So I realized, she asked me to wait for her to end her shift so that she could go home and leave me behind: “Not my responsibility anymore”. I will never ever fly with them again. This airline is the worst in the world.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"refused to make a complete refund"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. At first they delayed their flight for no reason, due to which my connecting flight got missed. Then they had to provide me accommodation for 19 hours transit, upon arrival at Istanbul Airport I got to know that E-Visa website was down. Hence they only have contract with hotels outside the Airport (because they are cheap). So, upon requesting several times they did not provide me with any accommodation/food/internet. I had to buy it on my own. Now, I have been trying for a month and they have refused to make a complete refund. I am never going to travel through this worst airline.
RouteLahore to Warsaw via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"been by far the worst experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! No refund given after the flight was cancelled. Had to present papers, credit card authorization, feedback, calls followed more calls but nothing. After ten months of nothing I decided to use the ticket with the result that they made a mistake in reissuing the ticket but wouldn’t take responsibility. The hotline is extremely incompetent and not professional at all. It’s been by far the worst experience with any airline. Never ever I will book a ticket with them.
RouteIstanbul to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they wont see me again"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | First time ever ive tried to travel with Turkish Airlines. Checked possible fly dates numerous times just to make sure dates are ok for me. Dates was always the same so i have booked a flight. They took my money and after 24 hours I've got a notification from the airline that my connection flight via Istanbul was rescheduled to 24h earlier time that was originally advertised. Of course that makes it completely impossible to physically execute because at that time not even my first flight from my home country is gonna depart. They gave me no reason why and didnt offer any help resolving this issue. Bad first impression with this airline and for sure they wont see me again.
AircraftA320 and A330
RouteLjubljana to Bangkok via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"service is one of the worst"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Bought a return ticket Kuala Lumpur-Paris via Istanbul in July 2020. Flight from KL-IST-Paris was fine. For the return trip Paris-IST-KL (20th Feb 2021), Turkish Airlines suddenly sent a cancellation notice in Nov 2020. We then decided to stay back due to Covid and contacted Turkish Airlines on 9th Jan 2021, with intention to postpone our flight. When we got a reply back from Turkish Airlines, they had by then re-scheduled the flight instead of having cancelled earlier. Anyhow, we still wrote in to postpone the flight. We provided the Booking Ref., which should already be sufficient for them to take action. Then we received another reply demanding that we provide, Booking Ref, Names, Original Flight No, Flight Date, Flight Time, E-Ticket No, which we furnished. That was on 11th Jan 2021. Till today, 23rd Jan 2021, we have still not received any reply nor instructions on how to proceed while the date of our flight is drawing closer. I agree with some of the comments here that Turkish Airlines service is one of the worst I have come across and they are "robbing" customers by not replying which will cause you to forfeit your flight. Then it becomes your fault. Even worse, we bought an Economy Flexi which allows us at least 1 change for free. We had to pay more for it. This is also not the first time TK has given us issues. They abandoned us while we were visiting Turkey at the height of the Covid 19 pandemic in March 2020. We called their office in Istanbul. Only to be told they cannot help us. We have been duped twice TK, there will never be a third, I assure you. You will be our last choice even if you are the cheapest. TK still has a lot to learn about customer service.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"experience with Turkish Airlines was terrible"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | My experience with Turkish Airlines was terrible. I booked a flight and an extra seat, to go from Brazil to Jakarta with my friend. Even though, after booking I figured out that this extra seat was only more space for my flight and could not be used as a flight for him (Even though the cost is parity to the thicket I bought for my self). I asked to cancel or transfer the extra seat with less than 24h, since I have bought the ticket. Although, Turkish Airlines did not allow the cancelation or transference without charge. After many calls without success, the company asked me to write a feedback on their website to solve the issue. The took me more than 3 days and the response simply is a standard response, that does not fit with the request. I am still waiting for the cancelation or transference of the ticket.
RouteSão Paulo to Jakarta via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"have not refunded us $6800"

Not Verified | They have not refunded us $6800 and it has been almost 4 months after telling us it would take 30 days, then later told us 90 days for a refund. We bought 5 tickets through Turkish airlines online. There must have been a computer glitch or something because after booking for 5 different people they told us we booked them all under the same name which was not true. They proceeded to tell us that because the tickets were booked incorrectly, we would have to cancel the tickets and rebook them (after paying an additional $700), and we would be refunded in 1 credit card billing cycle. We did not expect this from such a large airline company and will not be booking with them ever again for our travels. Our entire family travels often and I will recommend everyone against booking with Turkish airlines after this horrible experience.
RouteBoston to Karachi via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"customer service are not very friendly"

Not Verified | Their customer service are not very friendly nor hospitable most especially in their host country. They could barely speak English. I was denied boarding in Istanbul, which is my layover, on a flight to Cancun. It was Christmas Eve and I was traveling for 28 hours just so I could be with my mom on Christmas eve. When they denied my boarding due to my inability to produce a printed copy of my hotel reservations which was on my phone, they refused to help me with rebooking and I had to find my way out of their huge Istanbul Airport and book a Lufthansa flight on my own. To make matters worse, they made me a "no show" and cancelled my return flight back to Manila from Cancun forcing me to buy another ticket. All they care about is money.
RouteManila to Cancun via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I have sent them over 20 emails"

Trip Verified | This is the worst international flight experience. They cancelled my ticket 3 hours before the flight last February for Coronavirus and over 10 months later, they have not yet refunded me. I have sent them over 20 emails but they just directed me to fake agencies and numbers. My ticket was about $1300 and the only thing I can call this is stealing. Save yourself the headache and don't fly Turkish (Thief) airlines.
RouteShiraz to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the worst long distance flight in my life"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | It was the worst long distance flight in my life. I was flying from Istanbul to Bogota and I didn’t even get hot tea or coffee. There weren’t any hot meals, the only thing they give to the passengers was a sandwich in the evening and a sandwich in the morning. I really I don’t know where the positives review of this airline come from.
RouteTurkey to Colombia
Date FlownDecember 2020

"wish they would bring back the Turkish Delights"

Trip Verified | COVID-19 means fewer passengers in the air. Good for travellers – not so good for airlines. Our flight was on an older A320-200, but the cabin was clean and the crew were ultra-friendly. There is a Sky-Bridge at Istanbul's IST airport - unfortunately, there is NO Sky-Bridge at Malta's MLA airport. The bottom line. We do wish they would bring back the Turkish Delights as a boarding gift.
AircraftA320-200
RouteIstanbul to Malta
Date FlownDecember 2020

"enjoyable check-in to curbside experience"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines delivered a seamless and relatively speaking enjoyable check-in to curbside experience. What I love about the A320-300 seat configuration is that if you are travelling as a couple and one of you want an aisle seat and the other a window, you don’t have to worry about anyone sitting between you.
AircraftA320-300
RouteAntalya to Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I feel very unsafe traveling back with them"

Trip Verified | We were crammed on that flight like sardines, not one seat was empty on that plane, but then they don't serve you any beverages because it's "unsafe during Corona" (?). And even the food was just one horrible cheese sandwich and a small piece of cake. How is serving proper food and refreshments more of a risk than cramming 3 passengers on each side of the aisle? I feel very unsafe traveling back with them, but I will definitely not book again with them. This is not to mention the horrible and unhelpful customer service, which first told me I am entitled to a partial refund because of a class degrade, but then told me I am no longer entitled to this refund because since my flight was cancelled, the rescheduling (and hence the class downgrade) will be offered free of charge. I had to reschedule and get a class downgrade because my flight was canceled, not the other way around! Don't act like offering this rescheduling was a favor for me! Never again Turkish Airlines!
RouteLyon to Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"appalled by the customer service"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I am completely appalled by the customer service of Turkish Airlines. I had a positive Covid test on the 25th December so I could not fly on this date. I had to change my flight to an open ticket. When I called the airline to change my date they told me to pay almost 400 dollars.
RouteSeoul to Kyiv via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"not good at resolving issues"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines need to improve the quality of their customer call center services. They change flight times or dates owing to C-19, but once a flight changes, then it is near impossible to do anything online, and their call centres are not good at resolving issues. Their computer systems are either slow or not functioning, and they keep on telling you to go to a ticket office to resolve issues. The ticket offices are equally incompetent in what they do. I have probably spent 10 hours on the phone trying to resolve simple issues, and until the very last day several hours before our flight, these issues could not be resolved, including giving us the extra leg room seats that we paid for. Re. the flights being covid safe, i think the cabin crew should do a better job in ensuring mask wearing compliance, and social distancing when disembarking. Either they don't want to confront passangers owing to language barriers or they do not care, disembarkation and mask compliance during flights are both shambles. Last but not least, don't bother complaining about your issues, their complaint team responses are a joke, and they give the impression that they don't read what you wrote or worse don't care about actually resolving your complaint or making you feel like a valued customer.
RouteIstanbul to Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I was a little surprised and disappointed"

Trip Verified | I flew with Turkish Airlines from Basel to Johannesburg through Istanbul for my new year's holidays. The flight was on time, everything was smooth. We received a covid kit containing 2 masks, a hydro alcoholic gel, and wipes. The food looked good, although it didn't respect the dietary restrictions, so couldn't eat most of it. It was clean and wrapped in plastic. My return flight was canceled due to the new covid strain in South Africa. I learned this from the official Turkish Airline Twitter account and only received an email from the company a week after the cancellation. I've flown with Turkish for years and I was a little surprised and disappointed.
RouteBasel to Johannesburg via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"no measures to ensure social distancing"

Not Verified | Worst food and no measures to ensure social distancing. On a six hour long flight they only offered a small cold sandwich. They have also discontinued the meal selection option so no vegetarian or vegan option. No coffee, tea or any kind of drink in flight. It was my first time with Turkish Airlines and was really disappointed. I would say pay 30 to 50 pound more to other airlines as Turkish is the worst airline I have recently travelled.
RouteLondon to Istanbul via Karachi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"first and last flight with Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | When tried to Check-In/Manage the flight for 31 December, there is a message "Your flight’s date/time changed. You are required to contact our call center to confirm the recommended new flight. If you do not want to confirm your flight, you can cancel or change it through our call center." No one bothered to inform via Text/Email before hand. Now we are ready as we have had covid test and all done for the flight and not sure if we are flying out or not. We are very concerned as your call centre number is not working. Please note that have been trying during working hours advertised on your website and on automated answering service. There is a policy changed for Covid, which is not conveyed before flight as well. When we travelled to Lahore, it was under 12 who do not need Covid Clearance Report and now on your website it says its under 6. Its a very poor communication with the passengers. Lots of people who will not check online prior to their flights will get a shock for sure. This is our first and last flight with Turkish Airlines.
RouteLahore to Dublin via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"first and last experience with them"

Not Verified | Lets just say, this was my first and last experience with them. I bought my ticket way before the pandemic and decided to fly anyways since there were precautions now to my destination for Covid testing. It all started with them moving my flight from a 4hr layover in turkey to a 38hr layover. I decided, why not, I'll just tour around Turkey during that time - this is after I'm assured by the ticket agent I talked with that the airline will give me a hotel once I land. When I arrived at checkin, the guy checking me in couldn't find my ticket so I had to dig into my email for all the information about the ticket. He then proceeds to enter a wrong information and attached it to my baggage. Since it would take him some effort to fix this error, he decided I must suffer the consequence and pick up all 3 of my big luggages and carry it around in Turkey and check them in again for my next flight. At this point, I'm getting a sense of what flying with these people entails. In the plain, a brown paperbag of some cate, a cold sandwich and juice is tossed at us as a meal. Once I landed, I find out other passengers had flights to the destination I wanted to go and only mine and a few other people were moved to two days later - trying to change my ticket was double what I originally paid for by the way. Strange. Mind you, I need a covid test 48hrs before I enter Ghana, and the one I have with me will expire. This means I'll need another test in Istanbul before I'm allowed to board my flight. Next comes getting a visa at the Istanbul airport - (Cheap is not looking too cheap now). After learning all this, I decided to go with the flow, since there was nothing else to do. I go to their service desk for the hotel promised and I was told my flight doesn't qualify for a free hotel because I agreed to them changing my ticket. Mind you, I had no other option. Cancelling my ticket meant losing some amount. At this point I'm fuming. I just lugged my luggage out of the airport and paid for my own hotel. Coming back from Ghana is a whole other story. I'm at this point stuck in Istanbul airport having to take another airline to go through Doha and then the US. As they say, you get what you pay for.
RouteChicago to Accra via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Do not use Turkish at all during this Pandemic"

Not Verified | Do not use Turkish at all during this Pandemic, they are zero customer focused these days using smaller planes and filling them full is their objective. Booked a flighted and confirmed the seat and when they gave me my boarding pass they changed the seat saying we are full and we can not do anything but you can reschedule. No meals on a 10 hour long flight, no snacks even though the ticket mentioned a meal was included, another way to save money. I also travelled Qatar and Emirates recently, they are taking care of their customers providing every possible facility they can, plans are bigger so there are empty seat in between for almost 90% travellers. I would recommend not to use Turkish while planning longer flights.
RouteChicago to Karachi
Date FlownDecember 2020

"last experience with Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | First and last experience with Turkish Airlines. The problems began at check-in, when they refused to check my bag through from AMS over to KLM (I flew Delta from AMS to ATL and then home to TPA). "No problem," I thought, "I will just go through passport control, grab my bag, and check in with KLM again." I chose my own seat, which was great. I prefer a window seat toward the front of the cabin. So everything was going to be great in 9A, flying on Christmas Day to Amsterdam, so it should be quiet and fairly decent for an Economy flight. Upon boarding, the gate agent took my boarding pass and reassigned me to 38A, the literal last row of seating on the plane. I am fuming at this point, as the front of Economy cabin is literally empty. Turkish passengers began complaining so much (this had also happened to them) that the gate agent came onto the plane and said she had to move us to the back to "balance the plane" .. this is the actual explanation that we got. Utterly absurd. Everyone who tried to move to a different seat during the flight was forced to return to their assigned seat, even though the plane was almost empty, and several people were forced to go back and sit with people with whom they were not traveling! Unreal! The cleanliness and hygiene was fine. We got a brown paper bag with a kashar cheese sandwich, a cake, a box of fruit juice, and a small bottle of water. Leg room was appalling, but not out of line with most Economy seats. But the fun had only just begun! Upon arrival in Amsterdam, I went to passport control so I could go to the baggage claim, collect my checked bag, and check-in with Delta (via KLM) .. except at passport control, I was told that I was not allowed to enter the EU because of COVID restrictions! So, I walked up to the transfer section, went through the security check, and then tried to find my gate and someone to help me. Because of THY's refusal to check my bag through to another airline, it was removed from the plane, slung onto the belt, and dumped. Without KLM's help, they would have abandoned my checked bag in AMS with no way for me to reclaim it! Thankfully, a KLM agent was extremely helpful, called Swissport with my THY bag claim ticket number, and got it loaded onto my Delta flight. Without her, I would have lost an expensive suitcase full of expensive winter clothes and all of my souvenirs purchased in Istanbul. Thanks a lot, Turkish Airlines! You really care about your customers. Never again!
AircraftA330-200
RouteIstanbul to Amsterdam

"I expected more"

Not Verified | Not a good experience. Flight was completely full with no middle seats blocked. Vents were broken. No hand sanitizer given out upon boarding. I expected more for a $2000 flight.
RouteBoston to Istanbul

"Not worth your money"

Trip Verified | I am Turkish and used THY services more than 10 times in the last 4 years. I believe you should be looking for another airline company if you are not obliged to use their services due to the following reasons: For international flights: THY is, as far as I concern only airline which has a direct flight from Los Angeles - LAX to Istanbul - IST airport. That was the main reason I have decided to use their services again, and I regret my decision not surprisingly. There are two different scenarios: Imagine, you are arranging a flight from LAX to IST, which has a domestic transfer from IST to Izmir Adnan Menderes - ADB airport. They leave only 55 minutes between 2 flights, where you should get into passport check and airport security. As if this wasn't enough, your LAX flight gets delayed 35 mins, and they only postpone your flight for only 5-10 minutes. The cream of the pie was, they assign the domestic transfer gate to the furthest possible one. When you arrive at the gate after having a small running competition and just as you are seeing that they are shutting the gate down, you are being told that it is too late now instead of not shutting down the gate. Then you are going to the ticket office, and they are saying that the next flight is like, 6 hours later. After you have been flown like 13+ hours, you are going to wait 6 more hours. Thanks, that is classy. I will need to buy food, internet and sit here for 6 hours. I have just come here to see my family after three years, and I have only a week here. So, your free ticket doesn't solve the issues, does it? Oh, the second one is even better. The very similar scenario above, but you are flying to Beograde - Tesla Airport (if I remember the name correctly) instead of having a domestic flight. Delays only 15 mins, but you had 45 mins between 2 flights. For domestic flights: Well, this is a short one. You are arriving at the airport 70 mins before the flight and arriving at the counter 57-58 mins before the flight. You will walk only 5 mins to reach the gate after the counter. But they are telling you "sir, you should've been here 60 mins before". So, you buy another ticket from another airline. General: Food was a disaster. Not only because of pandemic considerations but also managed poorly, and their attitude confirms their current position. As common sense, If it takes 25 mins to walk to the transfer gate and if there are both passport and security check, then you don't assign 1 hour between flights. Easy. Not worth your money.
RouteLos Angeles to Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"gave up before ever boarding a plane"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | I can’t post a review about my trip with Turkish Airlines, because I gave up before ever boarding a plane. My many contacts with their support system finally wore me down at the end. All four sectors of my flight has been cancelled one by one over the last few months, which I can accept due to the Covid situation. Problem is that every cancellation forced me into the arms of the call center. I have learned a few things from these interactions. Be prepared to press a lot of numbers on the phone before talking to a human. Very few of the agents seems able to make a decision without talking to a supervisor while you are waiting. If the answer you finally get from an agent seems strange/weird/stupid don’t give up. Call back, talk to another agent and ask the same question. In my experience there is a good chance you will get a different answer. There seem to be an arcane way of doing things in this company. At one point I had to pay a fee for a date change on one of my flights, but none of the agents were able to tell me how much the fee would be. I got guesses ranging all the way from 50 to 400 euros. “Someone for another department will call you, calculate the fee and arrange the payment”, I was told. So I waited for a day, two days and finally after five days, I called back asking about the fee. Again I was told “Somebody from another department will call you, calculate the fee and arrange payment”, I was told again. “When do you thing it will happen”, I asked. “Maybe one more week. I don’t know. But if you not hear anything, you should call back”, said the agent. So after another week I gave up. And since I couldn’t cancel the ticket online, I had my last encounter with the call center. Here is a play by play: Me: Hello I want to cancel my ticket. Agent 1: I can’t do that for you. I will transfer you. Me: Hello I want to cancel my ticket. Agent 2: I can’t do that. You have to go to one of our offices. Me: The one nearest to my home (90 min away) have been closed due to Covid. The one in Copenhagen (4 hours away) is listed as “temporarily closed” on your homepage. Agent 2 (after a long pause): You can send them an email. Me: I did that 3 days ago. I haven’t received a reply. Agent 2: You can send them another one. Me: Listen, I just want to cancel the ticket. Agent 2.: Okay I will cancel it for you. In the end I spend around 350 euros on my experience with Turkish Airlines and never flew a mile. A fair price for lesson learned; Don’t try this again.
RouteCopenhagen to Banjul via Istanbul

"They are so poor"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | They are so poor, so unfair with clients! Don’t do again! The flight was canceled and they send us to a hotel with lower that 1 star, smell bad, no hot water etc. Now they not answering at the phone, we don’t know nothing!
RouteMale to Bucharest via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Worst travel experience ever"

Trip Verified | Had a very bad Experience Travelling through Turkish. I reached Istanbul Airport through Turkish Airport. After waiting for more than 8 hours in transit, during Boarding they let me know about rule changes in my destination country , which requires pre visa no more on arrival visa. Then Second guy came and asked me for a Invitation letter, which should work. I showed him Invitation as well. And Next guy came and asked for third document which I showed as well. But again they said they cannot board me. When I asked why they did not stop at ORD, when giving me boarding pass up to the destination country, they did not answer anything and asked me to go to Customer service at the airport. And They were the worst customer service representatives I have ever met in my life. Never ever expect any assistance or directions from those people out there. They have no idea what Customer Service is. Later I got to know that they had my Luggage there at the airport. I wanted to exit the airport as soon as I can. So I got the first flight back to Chicago (again Turkish airlines). I requested them if they can transfer my luggage to my flight. No luck. I had to get out got the visa, collected the luggage (took long time), and rechecked in. Worst travel experience ever. I had a future return ticket. I am talking to cancel those. I will never ever recommend anyone this airline.
RouteChicago to Kathmandu vis Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Let me start by saying that the flight wasn’t practicing social distancing at all. The seats were full with everyone sitting next to each other, people not wearing face masks and the worst thing was that a lady with a child started changing the diaper while people are eating, the smell just made me throw up. Not one of the flight attendant cared what the passenger was doing or asked to take it to the washroom, very unprofessional employees. We are in a pandemic and they fill up the flight with people from every county! Never flying with them again, disgusting flight, they don’t even have lactose fiber or gluten free food for passengers who need that option.
RouteIstanbul to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2020

"They were useless every time I called them"

Not Verified | I purchased a one-way ticket from the Turkish Airlines website for my mother in law after the pandemic lockdown (Jul/2020). The next day Turkish Airlines canceled the flight and told me there were no flights from Atlanta (how is that possible when I purchased a ticket from their own website just a day before?) and that a refund will take about 8 months. Turkish Airlines customer support is trained to look incompetent and either pretend or they do speak poor English. They were useless every time I called them. So I contacted the Credit Card company and told them about the fraudulent business practice and they initiated an investigation. To make the story short Turkish Airlines fought back with all sorts of lies and delayed the refund until the Credit company passed some internal deadlines for processing. So, about 5 months after the initial purchase, the credit company provided me with a full refund but at their expense and they confirmed that the Turkish Airline got away with it. Use them as a last resort and be prepared to be cheated, you may not be as lucky as me getting the money back!
RouteAtlanta to Instanbul via Bucharest
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Pathetic service from Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Me along with my family flew from Lahore on 6th Dec, our flight was scheduled at 8.45am but got delayed and took off at 12pm. We arrived in Istanbul at around 5pm, meanwhile we missed our connecting flight to Berlin which was scheduled at 4.30pm. We were not given a hotel, only 1 time meal voucher was given. We were booked on to the next berlin flight which was scheduled at 8.55am the next day. We’ve paid 172€ for airside hotel in Istanbul for a night stay. Pathetic service from Turkish Airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteLahore to Berlin via Istanbul

"Terrible refund service"

(Nigeria)

Trip Verified | I actually regret booking Turkish Airlines from Lagos to Dubai as my flight as been cancelled for 5 times since booking in August and refund has been a nightmare in my life. Life shouldn't be this difficult for anyone. Called several agents in Lagos and Istanbul. But all efforts have been futile. They keep pushing me to each other. Terrible refund service to be honest. Never again
RouteLagos to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I will not be flying with Turkish again"

Trip Verified | When my wife and I booked our flight, we realized that her US passport expires 5 months after our arrival to Egypt (which usually requires 6 months validity). Our travel agent called Turkish Airlines and confirmed multiple times that, given the current circumstances and delays in passport renewals, we would have no issue boarding our flight from IAH. The day of our flight, the check-in counter made it impossible for us to board. The first agent refused to check us in and referred us to a supervisor, who also refused and kept repeating that the passport was not valid for check-in. They told us "you will not be able to board the flight" and even tried to refer us to a sales agent to reschedule our flight. We asked to speak to the station manager and were referred to staff who gave us the worst treatment I have ever seen from an airline employee. I asked her to contact Turkish Airlines at Cairo Airport and confirm that the passport issue would not be a concern (as we were told), she refused. My travel agent directly contacted airline staff in Egypt and had them call me on my cellphone. They asked to speak with the staff, who refused to take my phone and walked out on me twice while I was speaking to her. The staff kept demanding that Cairo staff email them a written authorization to board. Meanwhile, Cairo staff was telling us that the inquiry would have to come from the point of departure, and that they were ready to authorize it as soon as IAH staff reaches out to them. I repeated this several times; they refused to help and told me "I'm not going to let anyone tell me how to do my job." At this point check-in was about to close in 15 minutes, and no one was willing or even trying to help us resolve our issue by simply doing their job and reaching out to their colleagues in Cairo. Finally, Cairo staff sent two authorization emails to the IAH desk, at which point they checked us in (but delayed us even further due to more miscommunication between airline staff). The staff never came back to apologize or check us in herself, she had her staff help us instead and did not speak to us again throughout the process. Staff in Egypt were all very helpful at the end, but it was already too late. This is not my first issue with Turkish Airlines, and I will not be flying with Turkish again.
RouteHouston to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"They have just decided not to solve this issue at all"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | After a sub-optimal flight experience from Jakarta to Istanbul, in which the plane was old and dirty, food was very bad, the plane overfull and the COVID protocols not being administered at all, I was planning to fly back to Jakarta weeks later. Due to COVID they have rescheduled the flights a couple of times. After 4 times of cancellations I finally had a confirmed flight back to Jakarta. At the airport in Amsterdam it was complete chaos. Turkish Airlines was greatly understaffed and most people had to wait for more than 1.5 hours in line before able to check in. When it was finally my turn the ground staff did not recognize my resident visa. Even after providing all the necessary information and talking to the supervisor on the phone the ground staff decided not to let me check in. Again, all documents were in order, the ground staff were just not aware of this type of visa. I asked for a reschedule so I could discuss this with Turkish Airlines customer service. In the days after this I spent hours on the phone with the customer service of Turkish Airlines to inform them about all the VALID documentation I had to be on that flight. After a week or so, I decided to buy another ticket from a different airline, KLM. With exactly the same visa and other documentation I was able to take the flight back. After coming back I reached out to Turkish Airlines many, many times, but they have basically ignored all my arguments and documentation. They have just decided not to solve this issue at all. I understand that this is a choice from their side, which unfortunately will also trigger a very clear choice from my side. I will never recommend this airlines to anyone and I will never fly this airlines again.
RouteJakarta to Amsterdam

"unprofessional customer service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Very unprofessional customer service over the phone. They have no idea about any international COVID rules, as well no clear information about it on their website. They suggest you to call a consul of the country / state where you flying. Other airlines send me their COVID policy and guidance to my email along with Ticket confirmation.
RouteMoscow to Houston via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"experience was pretty decent"

Trip Verified | We travelled from Istanbul to London on 2nd November with another family., a group of 4 adults, 3 children and 1 infant. Our experience was pretty decent as there are COVID constraints. Check in was quick and staff was very helpful. Security and immigration was also quick. On the aircraft we were offered masks and hand sanitiser packs. Aircraft was clean and staff were helpful. Seats were reasonably comfortable and inflight entertainment was reasonable. We were given a pack containing a sandwich, juice and cake - just okay quality. There was reasonable presence of crew during the flight. I will not recommend if you are travelling with an infant as you have to pay for a bassinet seat, even when you have paid for the infant ticket. They sell the seats as they have extra legspace.
RouteISTANBUL to LONDONIstanbul to London

"I liked the airline"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I liked the airline: professional crew, good IFE, which is on the same level with Emirates and Qatar Airways, even though the aircraft is small, fantastic leg space. The airport is superb, even though, many workers at Istanbul Airport knew English very bad. However, the disadvantages exist too: at the check-in desk, I was asked to send my cabin trolley bag to baggage. I was shocked at first, but the worker apologised and I did not have to pay anything more. Thankfully it has arrived safe. The food was poor, but tasty from sandwiches. Every airline today has its own methods to fight COVID today, compared to other passengers, I have no complaints.
AircraftA321neo
RouteMoscow-Vnukovo to Berlin-Bradenburg via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Turkish Airlines jams and fills up its flights"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines is unduly taking advantage of COVID-19 to deny its passengers of hot meals and taking carry-on luggage on board. I was forced to check in my carry-on which contained my eye drops and other medications. When certain airlines are providing space between passengers, Turkish Airlines jams and fills up its flights. It might as well be pre-COVID because it is business as usual when they load up their planes. How can one fly over 10K miles and be given three brown paper bags containing a shriveled sandwich, a toddler size juice and a tiny cake and a miniature size bottle of water? I have flown for over 40 years on several airlines. But this experience with Turkish Airlines is the worst.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAccra to New York via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Pandemic being used as a pure excuse to cut costs"

Trip Verified | 90 passengers on board this A321neo. Love the aircraft, very quiet & modern. TK hard product on this plane type is truly great. No priority boarding. Food service is still reduced to the very minimum level due to the ongoing pandemic - we are clearly used to a way better onboard product from TK: the cheese sandwich being served these days is particularly revolting & I will never understand why they stopped serving hot drinks & drinks other than still water. Pandemic is being used as a pure excuse to cut costs. Crew was fine, cabin chief was really professional & pleasant to speak to. Wi-Fi did not work for the whole flight. Landed 30 min ahead of schedule. Food offering at the Istanbul airport Miles&Smiles lounge has been improved, which seems promising. Quite strange to see Istanbul airport not as busy as we were used to. Great price considering I purchased this ticket literally the night before flying.
AircraftA321neo
RouteIstanbul to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2020

"unfair attitude and careless policy"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Being a passenger on a flight TK773 Kuwait-Istanbul (dated 01.11.20) I’ve faced an unfair attitude and careless policy from this airline towards their passengers in these hard pandemic times. The company sits their passengers all together, nevertheless 1/3 of the a/c at the back was empty. The crew are not allowed to let the pax change their seats because: “in case you got sick after this flight, they should know what was your seat” instead of just taking an actions on preventing their pax from getting sick by following social distance rules and common sense. The lady sitting next to me was obviously sick, sneezing and coughing all the time, moreover she was enormously overweight, so it was very inconvenient and not safe to sit there. Despite all this, I wasn’t allowed to change my seat while 5-6 rows at the back were empty. Which is totally unacceptable for the covid situation. My PCR test is done a day before this travel, and it’s negative. Thus, in case of getting covid due to this flight, there should be a lawsuit against this policy which is a threat for the passengers’ health and totally contradicting COVID-19 safety precautions.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuwait to Kiev via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"What is this airline thinking!"

Trip Verified | Flew with Turkish Airlines during Covid with Two children (6+2). No social distancing measures in the aircraft. Aircraft throughout during both legs of my journey were entirely packed. The Istanbul newly built airport was also fully packed with no space to sit. People were also found sitting on the floor. The food options at the airport weren't great. Only Turkish food primarily and I am a huge fan of Turkey overall but with children, it wasn't great to not have easy options. The meals on both flights very scarce and extremely disappointing, with children, it was a very sad situation. We are already restricted in terms of the bags we can bring on board. This limits your ability to properly pack yourself for you and children for a long haul journey. Very disappointing. It was a dry sandwich given in a paper bag with a juice box and a dry piece of cake. I was shocked and the sad part was, we got the identical thing on both flights (a total of three times). What is this airline thinking!? The entertainment movie and show options were also limited for such a long flight and this was mind numbing. Overall extremely disappointed for the amount of money being charged in the name of COVID with such poor service. Airlines will now be able to get away with terrible service in the name of COVID.
RouteKuwait to Toronto via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"we got two boxed lunches with cafeteria quality food"

Trip Verified | Worst business class experience I have ever had, and they blame it all on Covid. The only positives I will say are flight attendants and mostly on time experience. The rest was as bad as a discount airline. I flew 6 flights, roundtrip LAX to IST, IST to ASY, ASY to ADB (via IST), ADB to IST. Turkish is supposed to have great food service. Well, a 13 hour flight and we got two boxed lunches with cafeteria quality food. Limited beverages. No snacks. That was both ways on the long-haul. Tell me how covid doesn't live on a cold box, but it would on a warm wrapped sandwich? How does it not live on a box, but apparently a bag of chips or crackers or candy? When asked you could tell the flight attendants were embarrassed. On the short flights in Turkey in Business, you got a 4 oz cup of water. Apparently Covid doesn't live on water container, but does on soda or juice? Add to this that they brag about access to business lounge. Domestic and Intl closed at IST, so they pack you into regular club. No social distancing and Domestic lounge only had prepacked rolls and a cheese sandwich. Intl had hot food, but the lines were 15 to 20 persons deep. In Izmir, no lounge due to COVID, even though other Lounges open. In Kayseri, no lounge open and you had to carry your bags from check-in to a luggage belt with no assistance. And they don't allow any carry on bigger than backpack or shopping bag, even in Business on 13 hour flight. In LAX, they didn't open check-in until 2.5 hours before departure, even though the staff said 3 hours. And they were flying 787 from LAX but switched to old 777 with 2/3/2 configuration where either you get crawled over or you crawl over someone. And the seats are designed for multi directional recline, but they don't work. Wifi wouldn't connect on laptop, iPhone or Android. 3 flight attendants tried to help, but couldn't get it to work. Turkish sent an email apologizing and offered 25% discount on next flight if booked in 30 days/travel in 60. That's really helpful to someone living in the US! To blame COVID safety precautions for what is merely an attempt to save money is shameful, especially when they cram people together at check-in and in lounges. And to advertise the lounges, meals, etc. when booking business is nothing short of criminal. I've flown a dozen airlines over the water probably 50 or 60 roundtrips, and this is by far the worst. Stay away.
RouteIstanbul to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Turkish Airlines use to be a good company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines use to be a good company, COVID is the perfect excuse to lower everything in business class with no sense at all. Business lounge closed. Extremely poor lunch box on 4.5 hour international flight and 1.5 hour domestic flight. You are even not entitled to have a glass of water. We used our last miles for a reward ticket and will move to another company who have the respect of a customer who pays 3 to 5 time more for his flight than in economy.
RouteIstambul to Dalaman
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I am very unsatisfied with them"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Ridiculous service. I need to carry an extra baggage for my flight, they charge a whooping 30$ / kg, meaning an extra 900$ to get what I need to travel with. It's cheaper to get a new ticket than adding a bag. Customer service wise, terrible experience. I opened a ticket for asking question regarding that matter, ticket was closed immediately with no answer from their side. Tried to call customer service, I've been redirected soooo many times before talking to somebody, almost lost my patience. And needless to say he was not helpful at all, just notifying that the price was exactly the one mentioned. I will never use that company again, and I am very unsatisfied with them.
RouteHong Kong to Nice via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Service? What service"

Trip Verified | This is the Spirit Airlines of the transatlantic flights. Service? What service. The attendants do not even look at you, let alone talk to you. Food, see attached picture, is ridiculous. I get it, cheap flying doesn't allow you to expect a food treatment like Singapore Airlines or Emirates but for a 12+ hours flight they should be ashamed to offer a plastic, frozen chicken sandwich and that's it. Temperature in the cabin is below freezing. I am 57 and I have regularly flown across the pond since I was 12. Believe me this was the worst experience ever. Only wifi and inflight entertainment are up to standard. By the way, Spirit Airlines is not that bad. At least they don't make you feeling like a chicken in a cage for 12 hours. But just for 2 or 3.
RouteIstanbul to Miami

"Very unprofessional airline"

Not Verified | Let me start with agreeing to every comment regarding this airline. My mom flew to visit in Los Angeles since it was a last minute purchase. Even though there were other airlines we chose this one. Reservation had been changed a couple of times after purchase. No food. Only lunch box on the 13 hour flight. Don’t work with their customer at all. Changed to a time that doesn’t make any sense. My mom is flying back thru Istanbul and must wait 14 hours and fly the next morning when there are tickets available for earlier time that were never offered. Very unprofessional airline and the only airline that charges $200 for a second luggage. Definitely will never fly this airline myself and will not recommend to anyone.
RouteMoscow to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"most unreliable I've ever flown"

Trip Verified | The most unreliable I've ever flown with. Before the trip, I confirmed my pet in cabin several times with several different representatives over the phone. A day before the flight, I called, just I case - and found out that my pet was not confirmed. Since they had never sent me an email with my itinerary or with pet confirmation in the first place, though I kept asking, they forced me to pay $400 to change my ticket. Because there were no spots for a pet in cabin, they changed me to a later date and to a different city. I lost a bunch of other connecting reservations, several days wages, etc. Also, they set up an additional checkup at the gate and search passengers luggage and showed me a fake printout supposedly from USA's TSA that says something about liquids over 100ml not allowed and told me, "this is your country's regulations". I quickly googled up the real TSA page, where it says that TSA allows up to 1 liter of hard liquor, as long as it's in a sealed Duty Free bag with the receipt inside. But they took my whiskey anyway.
RouteMoscow to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not book business class again"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | M&S Gold Card Holder. Business Class Istanbul to Amsterdam returning from Zurich. No priority boarding. When asked due to Covid 19 this has been cancelled. No hot drinks. When asked due to Covid 19 no hot beverages. For food you get a mediocre lunch box due to Covid 19. Very limited drink options. Luggage was not given priority. When asked due to Covid 19 they can not guarantee luggage priority. I wonder why all the other renowned airlines despite Covid 19 offer you a decent business class service and Turkish Airlines do not. Nice excuses to skimp on services but at the same time asking for normal business class fares as in before Covid 19 times (1400 Euros). Absolutely not worth it and certainly will not book business class again before they get their act together. FQ travellers compare, make decisions accordingly and switch to the best when necessary. THY management seems to forget that. Just switch to your old promised services and you will make a difference again. Now you are just somebody flying around.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 737
RouteZurich to Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2020

"this has been a real horror"

Not Verified | Because of Turkish Airlines I had to waste hours of my vacation days. The service was horrible, I was not listened to and I received a lot of wrong information. I am really not difficult, but I found this very bad, especially how Turkish Airlines now deals with my complaint. I wrote them a letter about my experience with their company and how badly everything went. From their responses I can already see that they have not even gone through my complaint and are not taking me seriously. The mistakes they made: Change of flight with a layover of 26 hours. Incorrect change of data entered. Connection broke a few times during the call, when you call back you get another colleague and you have to tell your story all over again. Was not listened to, so they incorrectly redirected me. Due to their mistake I had to change the date again and the costs were charged to me, I was told 4 different prices ranging from 130-200 euros. I had to be present at the airport in Gazipasa at least 4 hours in advance to pay for my tickets and make sure my tickets would be in order, without payment I had no guarantee for the tickets. My flight was at 4.15 am. I was present at 11.30 pm, nobody from Turkish Airlines to be seen, they arrived at 02.15. I had to wait hours for nothing in a lot of stress. - Now that I have submitted a complaint, I have already received 2 nonsense responses, I am not taken seriously. I am far from satisfied, this has been a real horror.
RouteAmsterdam to Gazipasa via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I don't recommend it to anyone"

Not Verified | I flew from SFO on Sept 11th 2020 at 6pm to Istanbul with my two daughters and my brother. I was very very disappointed with the services during this long flight. Just one hour after flight they brought a box of food which included a small water, a kid juice, a pastry and a cold very dry cheese sandwich that was very hard to swallow. one hour later they threw a bottle of water at us, Then for eight hours no service. During this eight hours a few people went to the galley including myself and ask for something to eat they said they or out and don't have anything. Again after 8 hours they brought a brown bag which had the same things inside. As we know and understand we are dealing with Covid-19 but this should not be the excuse for this airline to serve this nasty food and cut the service and pocket more money in their pockets. The air plane was 90% full, I am sure they made money. There is nothing wrong with serving hot meals which was all covered up and came from over directly to the passengers. They could easily served small bottles of a wines, alcohol, sodas, hot tea and coffee. If all this are served in the restaurants why not air planes? One the biggest part of traveling and entertainment is food, In the air plane eating good food and good drinks make your time more enjoyable and your travel time goes a lot faster and you always remember the good food. My sister just traveled to Turkey by KLM airline and went through Europe, She could not talk enough about how good the food and the service was. They were served two hot meals, drinks and snacks through out the flight while the flight was only 30% full which for sure the airline is losing money. For sure this was my last flight with Turkish Airline and I don't recommend it to anyone. My family and I travel a lot this was a very bad experience.
RouteSan Francisco to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"previous supposed good customer service is completely gone"

Not Verified | Due to Covid-19, Turkish Airlines started a promotion for healthcare workers who register to get a discount on future travels if booked before September 1, I registered and was sent a promo code that could never work. I kept calling customer relations who kept telling me their system was down when I called (on 3 different occasions) and I will get an email feedback soon or a phone call. It never happened and they were delaying till the supposed deadline was over. Their customer relations is very poor. The previous supposed good customer service is completely gone. I would recommend other European airlines like Air France or Lufthansa.
RouteMiami to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I didn't pay 3 times the fare for a boxed meal"

Not Verified | Extremely disappointed, flew on a business class but the service was worse than a domestic bus service. I flew from LHE-IST-IAD. This is a very long flight with the first leg of 6 hours and then 4 hours lay over with the last leg of 10 hours. No proper meal was served, I didn't pay 3 times the fare for a boxed meal. No coffee or tea is allowed apparently due to Covid, which makes no sense at all. Why is it ok to fly then? Just cancel your flights so we have other options to decide from. Qatar is an absolute amazing airline, I just made a huge mistake by taking THY, this is extremely sad and disappointing to be treated like this in such a long haul flight, especially when you have paid business class fare. This is a perfect example how to cut cost by giving an excuse. of Covid. Also they don't offer any airline lounges on most of their destinations now. This is a sincere advice from them to fix these problems, already everyone I personally know don't want to fly THY, and the comments here are also not that encouraging for THY.
RouteLahore to Istanbul via Washington DC
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not allow me to ride on their staff bus"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | The flight from Cebu to Manila started on time, no proper food, narrow seating. Upon arrival in Manila, with only small time to spare to catch the connecting code-share-flight, TK departs from Terminal 3, while PAL arrives in Terminal 2. In Manila the 4 terminals are far apart and not internally connected. Usually there is a shuttle bus by the airline to provide inter-terminal-connectivity. The last time I flew this route on same booking details, the shuttle even circled inside the airport between terminals, making security checks easy and the whole experience a breeze. Not this time. They had discontinued the shuttle and saw no responsibility in making sure that I will catch the flight. They told me to walk or pay for taxi, and they would not allow me to ride on their staff bus. This was a code-share of PAL with TK.
RouteCebu to Manila