Turkish Airlines

"never fly Turkish airlines again"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Hong Kong to London via Istanbul. After I went through security and immigration, I headed tow the plaza premium lounge that Turkish shares with other airlines. The lounge had poor WiFi, poor food choices and unsatisfactory bathrooms. Aboard the plane, the seats were in a tight 2-3-2 layout. At Istanbul airport, the Turkish lounge was big but bad. At the golf simulator, the balls were made out of foam and never flew straight. They had WiFi so bad I couldn’t watch YouTube. Aboard my flight to Heathrow, the plane and FA were the same: horrible. When they served breakfast, I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich but their definition of a ham and cheese sandwich didn’t include ham, cheese or even bread. Instead, they served a disgusting scrambled egg and vegetables. I would never fly Turkish airlines again.
RouteHong Kong to London via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"onboard service was rather rude"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Kosice to Havana via Istanbul. Turkish used to be one of my favorite airlines, but the most recent trip to Havana with a transit in Istanbul has changed it completely. The onboard service was rather rude, with the passengers being treated more like army recruits than like customers. The flight attendants only spoke bad English and Turkish (on a flight to a Latino country, where most passengers spoke only Spanish). Highly unprofessional! The new Istanbul Airport is a separate story, and quite a disaster. A typical "white elephant" government project. The building is impressive, but it's in the middle of nowhere very far from the city. The staff is incompetent, with few exceptions, lacking enthusiasm and speaking very little English. No WiFi could be found in the whole airport building (as of August 2019). The ground staff of Turkish Airlines is simply rude, and refuses transit accommodations (which should be included with the ticket for long transits) in a matter-of-fact manner. The problem wasn't limited to my booking and I saw many other angry customers at the transit desk.
RouteKosice to Havana via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Istanbul to Budapest. They overbooked the flight and even though we were checked in 24 hours before the flight, they didn't let us on the plane and didn't even give us options if we want to stay or go (like other airlines when they over book). And no answer at the gate! The guy totally ignored us and finally when we complained, they lied to us about having another flight leaving in 2 hours and they will send us with business class. It took us more than 2 hours to finally getting help and leaving 7 hours later. Finally they sent us tot he denied office, which took them forever to help us. I would never fly with them again.
RouteIstanbul to Budapest
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worst experience I could have"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Munich. My flight had 3 hr and 45 min delay because of aircraft mechanical issue. So, I missed my connection flight with Air Canada. There is no one from Turkish Airlines in Munich airport right now. The counter is closed. I had to sleep on the airport. Turkish Airlines should have given me a hotel and send me with next flight. This is the worst experience I could have. I spoke for 4 hours on the phone with international Turkish airline agent and after waiting for 4 hours on the phone they told me they cannot do anything and need to wait for their airport counter to open. This is ridiculous.
RouteIstanbul to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"steady decline in its onboard service"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Hamburg with Turkish Airlines in Business Class. Check-in was quick and efficient however TK was unable to issue the boarding passes for our onward journey which was on Lufthansa. When questioned, the agent simply told us he did not know. Following check-in we proceeded to the Turkish Airlines lounge which was as impressive as its predecessor at the Ataturk airport. Food and drink options were plentiful and there were many seating arrangements to choose from. Our experience went downhill after leaving the lounge to board our flight. When we got to the gate we were informed of a delay on departure but was not given a reason. When boarding commenced, they used 3 separate queues, one for priority boarding and two based on seat numbers however, they processed passengers from all 3 queues simultaneously creating a logjam on the jetway. As with all of my Turkish Airlines flights departing Istanbul, the gate agents were surly and spoke little to English. On board, the hard product was OK aside from not providing direct aisle access. Shortly after take off, we were served lunch with 2 choices for the main course. The food was sub par and drink choices were poor for business class. The crew were friendly but had limited command of English. As with most of my flights with TK, the cabin was too warm making it an uncomfortable journey. IFE had a wide range of choices and the wifi worked fine after several attempts to log in. The flight departed late but landed on time and the captain or the crew did not bother to explain the reason for delay. Given this was a relatively short flight within Europe on a wide body aircraft with lie flat seats, I would give it a thumbs up however, Turkish Airlines’ ground service and the steady decline in its onboard service quality make this a mediocre flight at best.
RouteIstanbul to Hamburg
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Can't wait to get off the plane"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Budapest to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul. Great 100% delay record with the Turkish airlines. Seat wasn't spacious. Old plane. Food was hot, that's about it. There goes the days where steward and stewardess would greet you when you enter and leave the plane. Their service is effective but could be more courteous during the flight. Can't wait to get off the plane as soon as possible.
RouteBudapest to Kuala Lumpur via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"never fly with this airline"

Not Verified | I bought my round trip business class ticket from New York to Tehran via Istanbul on July 30th 2019. It was my first flight with Turkish airline. First route from JFK to Istanbul wasn’t exiting at all for the price they charge me. But the staff were friendly. The problem was from Istanbul To Tehran, there was no business class seat at all which shocked me! Service was horrible and a disaster. They gave me tablet instead of having TV with horrible head phone, they gave me menu but they served food on the cart like a old move theater. I decided to return my ticket on my way back and not use it. They were supposed to charge me $450 US Dollars but they lied and charged me over. So disappointed. I will never fly with this airline.
RouteNew York to Tehran via Istanbul

"advertising is misrepresentative"

Not Verified | London to Kuwait via Istanbul. On its website and video Turkish Airlines advertise that business class seating on its aircraft is flatbed. Of the 4 aircraft, I traveled on only one provided flat bed seating. The rest were old fashioned recline - only seats. On one aircraft the seat reclined no more than a few inches and was the most uncomfortable seat that I have experienced in the last 25 years of air travel. So beware there is no guarantee that in Turkish Airlines business class you will get a comfortable seat and certainly less chance of getting a flatbed seat. The airline's advertising is misrepresentative. I shall not be flying on this airline again.
RouteLondon to Kuwait via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"can’t check through luggage"

Trip Verified | Skopje to Istanbul. The flight is okay. The only problem was I don’t understand why I can’t check through luggage for my next flight by another Star Alliance career? They forced me to exit at new hug Istanbul airport to take my luggage and re-check-in on a very short connection.
RouteSkopje to Istanbul

"cheapest flight available"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. It was a very good flight except that the entertainment system was old on the second flight. The crew were amazing. The only thing what I would want they should add is an English version of their new Lego safety video. It was the cheapest flight available including a 30kg luggage.
AircraftA321/A330
RouteGatwick to Tel Aviv via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"same menu choices for five years"

Trip Verified | Konya to London via Istanbul. As per usual, Turkish airlines staff on the plane are lovely, slightly poor service but they try. IFE is terrible, not much selection and crashes every 20 mins, food has been the same menu choices for five years (I fly monthly with them). Ground staff are possibly the most lacklustre group of people I’ve ever met. I would suggest flying with nearly any other airline over TK.
RouteKonya to London via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Economy seating was horrendous"

Trip Verified | Budapest to Istanbul. Economy seating was horrendous - extremely tight, my knees were bumping the seat in front of me, despite being only 5'7" tall. Saving grace was the excellent cabin crew with friendly, appropriate service and catering. On this flight, even though it was short, there was in-flight entertainment on somewhat dated personal screens. I would recommend short flights on these aircraft due to the comfort factor but it was overall a reasonable flight
RouteBudapest to Istanbul

"No customer service"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Antalya via Istanbul. Without explanation my ticket was changed. Got SMS and mail: My stopover would become suddenly six hours in Istanbul instead of two hours. There were several other flights from Istanbul to Antalya that would give me less delay. Had to call them, and the answer. You can cancel your ticket or you have to live with 6 hours stopover. No choice as such. No explanation either. That was already a very disappointing experience, even more since I am Elite Plus Frequent flyer with them. Send a complaint. It ok their customer service 4 weeks to come up with a nonsense answer. In the meantime they changed another leg of this ticket as well. Conclusion: No customer service. Long delay without explanation (and there were alternative flights available). Totally non interested staff at airport, online and on the telephone. Even though being a Elite Plus and Turkish Airlines, starting from today other airlines..
RouteMumbai to Antalya via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"there are much better options"

Trip Verified | Boston to Istanbul on Turkish Airlines. Check-in in Boston was painfully slow but was handled by a rather pleasant agent. Onboard the hard product was showing its age scuffed panels and ripped fabric. As with most of my flights with Turkish the air was stale and the cabin too warm throughout the entire flight. Despite requesting the temperature to be lowered on multiple occasions, the entire journey was made uncomfortable due to the hot cabin. Upon takeoff, it took quite a long time for the service to commence especially considering this was an 11:45 p.m. departure. Dinner was quite tasty and wines and champagne were of decent quality. The seat was comfortable in the flat position but I missed the oversize pillow they used to provide with the bedding which was replaced by a regular size, small pillow you would find in economy. Breakfast had lots of choices but the hot entree was poorly prepared. The biggest let down was the coffee which was warm at best. I had not flown with TK for almost a year and the decline in quality was evident. The washrooms were dirty and the staff, despite being friendly, were inefficient in the way they looked after the passengers. The IFE had a good selection but I opted for sleep instead. The flight left and arrived on time but the new airport in Istanbul meant a very long taxi to the gate. It took another 30 minutes waiting for the doors to open as the jet bridges could not be attached and the aircraft had to be moved into position manually. Overall, I am likely to take TK again but will look for alternatives as there are much better options out there for business class.
RouteBoston to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"comfortable for a 4 hour flight"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Dammam to Istanbul. The staff were kind and the seats were comfortable for a 4 hour flight in economy class, the in-flight entertainment system was amazing, but there was a problem which is that sometimes the IFE glitches. They served us a meal but they used to give us bread with the meal, I don't know what happened. Overall, the airline is good for medium-haul flights.
AircraftA321-231
RouteDammam to Istanbul

"the flight was perfect"

Trip Verified | Overall the flight from Istanbul to Dubai was perfect. On time, foods were perfect, cabin crew friendly, entertainment system with movies and music. Seats were comfortable and no problem during the flight.
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not fly Turkish Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to London. As of today, I will not fly Turkish Airlines again unless I have to. Even though I paid 2 times the price, staff humiliated me at the airport for more than 2 kg. As of today, I will start the process to cancel all THY cards. Hizla Pegasuslasmakta olup Bugun itibariyle mecbur kalmadikca bir daha ucmayacagim havayolu. Pegasus’a gore 2 kat fiyat odememe ragmen 2 kg fazla icin beni havaalaninda rezil etmistir. Ki Turkiyede yasamama ragmen senede en az 3-4 defa long haul international ucuslarindan yararlananmaktayim. Bugun itibariyle butun THY kartlarini iptal icin surecini baslatacagim.
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I am extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Sofia to San Francisco via Istanbul. I booked this flight back in March for my parent's first visit to US. I was beyond excited I have found such a convenient flight that will fly them to US. Today, I received 10 texts from Turkish airlines my flight has been changed. When I went to look up the option, duration of one way was about 24 hours. I am extremely disappointed, because my travel agent is trying to get a hold of the Turkish Airlines and they can't . Now, I am waiting to see if I would be able to get another fight company. Words cannot describe my anger and frustration and of course huge loss of money. This is totally unprofessional and unacceptable. Very disappointing, no one seems to care from customer service. Extremely bad English and bad communication over the phone.
RouteSofia to San Francisco via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Worst airline I have travelled"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Rome to Doha via Istanbul. I was in my return journey. Airline gave me a seat separate from my family seating. When I approach Rome checkin, they informed that your seat will be corrected at Istanbul. But in Istanbul, no body available to respond. Flight attendant was not interested to help. At last my wife was travelling with 1 kid and 1 infant from Istanbul to Doha with crying infant for 4 hours. Worst airline I have travelled.
RouteRome to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"most uncomfortable business seat"

Not Verified | Istanbul to Mombasa with Turkish Airlines. The flight in Business takes more than 7 hours. The wide seats have a backrest recline of about 5 cm, no usable legrest. This seat model is about 40 years old. The most uncomfortable business seat for such a long flight of all airlines I used. Same seats on 5 hours flight Istanbul - Addis Ababa. Avoid by all means.
AircraftA321 and Boeing 737-800
RouteIstanbul to Mombasa
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I had a round trip from Salt Lake City to Istanbul via New York in August 2018 returning September 2018. My return ticket was cancelled due to a hurricane and I tried getting my money back starting early September 2018 and got the runaround. Terrible customer service. One office said I can fly without any charges on the cancelled ticket within a year but it was all a lie. I requested a credit on new tickets I wanted to buy for 2019 but they refused to work with me.
RouteIstanbul to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Stay away from Turkish Airlines!"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Taipei via Istanbul. In-flight experience is average. Nothing more or less than expected in economy. Appreciate the 3-3-3 layout in economy on the B777, meaning marginally more room than the traditional 3-4-3 on some airlines B777. Customer service is absolutely terrible. Baggage arrived 48 hours delayed and damaged. Applied for compensation with Turkish baggage irregularity department. Was requested to upload numerous documents: passport, boarding pass, picture of damage, receipts of necessary expenses due to delay. The “Claims department” then updates my file requesting an invoice for luggage repair. I provide this - have never heard from them since. Multiple follow up messages have been left unanswered with no response to the invoice they asked for. Two weeks have passed and no response. Seems Turkish customer support is run by a bunch of amateurs. Will be flying Emirates or Lufthansa for my next Europe-Asia routes. Emirates was able to proactively house me one night in a hotel in Dubai due to a weather related cancellation and provided hot meals and shuttle buses until the next day’s replacement flight...and Turkish Airlines can’t even get a baggage damage claim sorted. Go figure! Stay away from Turkish Airlines!
RouteWarsaw to Taipei via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"unable to communicate in English"

Not Verified | Singapore to Catania via Istanbul. I wish I could give this airline and their airport staff a zero-rating. Horrible experience. Plane was late and I missed my connection. At the airport, I had to struggle for hours before they agreed to put me on another flight. Airport staff was unable to communicate in English and was extremely rude. They repeatedly threatened customers protesting at the counter to call the police. I reached my final destination 12 hours after my scheduled arrival. To top this all, Turkish refused to refund my flight or grant any kind of compensation, as "they are not part of the EU" so they're not bound to EU rules. Outrageous. Never more with Turkish.
RouteSingapore to Catania via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2018

"want to help customers"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Samara via Istanbul. My final destination was Kazakhstan via Istanbul Turkey and Samara Russia. My wife and I do not need a visa to enter Russia; however, we found out in an airport before checking in that our new born baby need a visa to enter Russia even if it is transit. Its our mistake that US passport holder needs a visa to enter Russia even if short transit. You can not image how frustrate in this situation when you are ready flight with a new born baby. Los Angeles ground staff felt sorry for us and tried to solve this issue and even called Russia consulate in Samara to see any other options for this case; unfortunately, there was no options to enter Russia without a visa with U.S. passport holder. They said "sorry to us so many times; but, at the same time, they keep looking for any other options". Eventually, I decided to purchase new ticket to go Kazakhstan without transit via Russia; however, a staff explain that if we miss or give up one of five flights, (there is five flights on our itinerary), rest of flights will be canceled as per an airline policy. so we have to flight to Russia in order not to lose all flights. so I called Expedia to see what is our option for this case. As I expected, we have to purchase entire new tickets which is $8,500. Expedia said that is only option since that is an airline policy. I thought Turkish airline is the only one can solve this issue even if I purchased tickets via Expedia. So I started to convince them we will take all responsibilities even if we lose tickets. told me "just let us fly to Kazakhstan then I will purchase new ticket to fly there without entering Russia and please just remove our name from the list of flight from Istanbul to Samara Russia". Finally, they helped us to fly to Istanbul and then Almaty Kazakhstan without lose tickets. Once we arrived at Kazakhstan, we were able to apply Russia Transit visa for our baby so we can fly to Istanbul via Samara Russia to return to U.S. I felt that these staff in Los Angeles mind was that they want to help customers and take time to try to solve the issue even if they were doing against their policy.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLos Angeles to Samara via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"level of English was inadequate"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Istanbul via Dubai. My daughter's birthday was on the day we flew out from London Gatwick and I phoned them in advance to let them know this. They informed me to sign up to their 'Miles & Miles' membership so that they can provide a cake to my daughter in the plane. I did what was asked for but no cake or anything special. The aircraft was small from London to Istanbul, however the aircraft from Istanbul to Dubai was slightly bigger. I would have thought they would had bigger and better planes as London is a more international city but I was wrong. The customer service from stewards was poor. They did not smile and the level of English was inadequate as they could not answer basic questions i.e do you herbal tea. Equally, the food was terrible and tasteless. We were given something like toast. They should stick to traditional food like bulgar with kofta or shawarma. This would have been better. On the plus side. Entertainment system was good and had good choice of movies etc including Turkish TV series 'Ertugrul'. On the way back to London my daughter's TV entertainment system did not work which was disappointing. Economy class seats were okay but nothing that special. Long way for Turkish airlines to go before they become an international class carrier. Would not fly again nor recommend it to anyone.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Istanbul via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Our worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Boston. Our worst travel experience with Turkish Airline ever. We flew along with 2 kids(3 & 6 year old ) and had a food allergy. Individual Seat assignments: Our seats were confirmed 25D,E,F,G but they re-assigned seats for all of us separately(30D, 24B, 19J, fourth boarding pass got missing in chaos but it was a separate seat) . We are having a hard time understanding how a 3 year old child can travel unaccompanied? When we asked for the reason, they did not have an explanation. We stood on the airplane gate for half an hour when finally they assigned, separately, two seats for mom and daughter together and two seats for dad and son together just before take off (gate was closed and we were literally standing on the gate whole time during boarding process). These seats were not even anywhere close together (Row 27 for mom and daughter and row 9 for dad and son). When I asked how this could happen when I had called and already had confirmed seats, the guy at the gate (part of cabin crew) was extremely rude and replied very rudely that he doesn’t know what happened but he is trying to help us find a seat. Apparently he did not think anything of letting a 3 year old and a 6 year old sit together. The two female flight attendants were a bit nicer and they said to him in Turkish that a child cannot sit alone (they were speaking in Turkish but I could tell that’s what they said because they pointed to my kids). Staff is so unprofessional and rude. When we checked in, we simply asked reason for not assigning seats together (please note that I had called the airline and made sure that we have seats together), the person on the desk was rude and was not replying to our questions. He simply gave the reason, in broken English, that the plane has changed that caused the problem when we asked why it was taking so long to check us in and if everything was ok. However, plane was not changed and he simply lied to us. Poor communication skills: The big problem was, they don’t understand/speak English well. When we asked reason why they assigned our confirmed seats to someone else, the person on the check-in counter could not explain in English and he got frustrated as he as was trying to explain in broken English which was hard for us to understand. In his frustration, he stated showing his rudeness. The same situation was on the plane, whey they were trying to get seats for us, we asked crew members how did this happen? they simply could not reply in English and ultimately replied with rudeness, again it was language problem but I feel that the females were nicer than the man at the door of the plane, who was part of the cabin crew. The other guy was polite and ok who was serving me food but the guy at the door (part of the cabin crew) was extremely rude). He was the one we asked how this could happen when our flight was confirmed and he responded rudely. We asked if at least two of us could sit together behind each other (2 seats in front and 2 in back) and he said yes and told mom and daughter to follow him (all the way to row 27), yet dad and son were told to wait there and were given seats in row 9. Mom was waiting for dad and son to show up close to mom and daughter, but that did not happen. Dad in row 9, had to call a flight attendant and ask where mom and daughter were. He was then led to our seat all the way in the back of the plane to show us where we were.
RouteIstanbul to Boston

"super uncomfortable cold"

Trip Verified | On the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Turkey and on the return flight, the air conditioning was very cold, super uncomfortable cold. My wife and I both returned home with flu like symptoms, I received anti biotics for a chest infection from the long flight under such cold conditions. I was wearing suitable long pants, long sleeve shirt, jumper yet still felt cold with the airline blanket on. My wife used two blankets and still was cold the entire flight. I've flown many long haul flights with other airlines and never has the cabin temp been so so cold.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Odessa via Istanbul

"Never again with TK"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Mombasa via Istanbul. They changed the flights 5 times between the date I bought the tickets and the departure due to the opening of the new airport. Then they lost the bags of the full flight in their new airport in Istanbul! After 5 days we are still waiting for any information about our bags. They ask you to fill in the online questionnaire because the one done at the airport with their staff had no reference number. To open the report of the claim they tell you to list one by one the items included in your bags indicating the price of each one, otherwise the claim report remains open because they flag it as "missing documents". They don't know where the bags are and since they have the worst client service ever seen in my life, you only receive standard answers. Never again with TK.
RouteMilan to Mombasa via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"definitely not a business class"

Trip Verified | Paris to Kilimanjaro via Istanbul, returning from Zanzibar. The seats are not suitable for a trip of + 7h. This is definitely not a business class but it has the price though! No registration in advance possible: no couple seated together in Istanbul and here we go again in Zanzibar. Staff do not respond to simple requests (eg glass of water), always returning later - but nothing happens later! During the stopover in Zanzibar, no information was provided, customers are left in a staff change cabin and disturbed with the new team that is completely lost. This was a hot mess! In summary, fly Oman Air or Ethiopian, it cannot be worse.
RouteParis to Kilimanjaro via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"my worst travelling experience"

Not Verified | Montreal to Istanbul. I had my worst travelling experience in my life. They lost my luggage for 3 days. They did not give right information on the phone and they did not compensate the expenses due to the delay completely. The ticket price was more expensive than the other airlines and the provided services was disaster.
RouteMontreal to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"To me, that sounds like a scam"

Trip Verified | I had bought tickets for my flight from San Francisco to Kyiv via Istanbul in advance. Few days before the flight day I had called to Turkish Airline Customer service to double-check if everything has changed about my flight and the representative told me that they got only small updates about my way back tickets. They have changed the time for 5 minutes later and the airport. She did not mention anything else about my upcoming flight to Kyiv. After arriving at the airport to Istanbul I came to the Turkish airline front desk to ask them about the hotel service. Since my layout time is 13 hours they supposed to offer me to stay in the hotel, and for this reason, I have chosen this airline. It is their written policy. I’ve been waiting in the line for about 30 minutes. The representative told me that there is some update on my flight, they have alternative flight that is sooner than 13 hours and they cannot offer me the hotel, but at the same time they cannot offer me a new ticket to the alternative flight; moreover, I must pay extra money for that ticket. They changed the airport of arrival so why do I need to pay in this case? Is it legal at all? I just want to mention that when I was booking my tickets these 13 hours connection time and old airport were the only options. Their system does not show any other flights. After I have been waiting for his decision more than 30 minutes at the front desk, he told me that he even cannot check that alternative flight for me and provide with some more information about its costs or how can I get that ticket. He said that I need to go to another front desk that is after security check out. I went to another front desk and there was a huge line of yelling people who missed their flight because of the delay. I was patiently waiting for another one and a half hour in the line and after, another representative told me the same story that I must pay extra money for upgrading my ticket because they are not going to provide me the hotel room. They said that since there is another option for me to get to Kyiv earlier and I need to pay for that, they cannot give me the room. Representatives were referring to their policy about offering the free hotel room. I want to mention that six months ago when I was purchasing my tickets there were NOT other option with layout less than 13 hours, 13 hours layout was the only option on their website that’s why I bought it because they provide a hotel to stay that 13 hours. They told me that I can contact their manager which is located on Turkish Airline Hotel Desk after Passport control. I went there. After another long line I finally met 3rd different representative that told me the same story about their policy and referred me to the ticket exchange desk to exchange my ticket to a sooner flight, but he said that it is usually some small fee for exchanging but they cannot tell how much exactly and I need to go to another front desk. I went there and 4th representative announced that I must pay 150 Dollars to exchange my tickets to flight sooner! Is it some kind of joke? I have already paid for the tickets if the airline has changed their flight, why do I need to pay for that? By denying the hotel service they put customers in a difficult situation and tired customers had no choice there to argue, they buy that more expensive tickets other ways they going to sleep on the floor at the airport. To me, that sounds like a scam.
RouteSan Francisco to Kiev via San Francisco

"Very bad experience"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Very bad experience from this airline. Our route was Stockholm -- Istanbul - Sharm el Sheikh and back. Both flights to and from Istanbul to Sharm had been cancelled for no reason and we were forced to choose another flight one day later with long transit time (over 7 hours). We paid for seat reservation but no seats were reserved. Cabin crew weren't nice and helpful at all.
RouteStockholm to Sharm el Sheikh via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I am extremely dissatisfied"

Trip Verified | I made a reservation for a pet from New York JFK to Baku via Istanbul. I was advised by Turkish Airlines representatives to make a reservation for the cat on the flight with Jet Blue. However, when I called Jet Blue to make a reservation for my pet from Sacramento to JFK, I was told that the airlines never does this. And it is not allowed. Turkish Airlines representatives should have this information for travelers, as it is very difficult in the first place to make a pet reservation on Turkish Airlines. I called the Call center, and was told by a representative how to change my reservation. I did this, but there was an error in the booking that could not be changed, and I no longer had a booking for this flight, even though I was not offered any refund or further help. I was told that this case would be reported to customer service, and was given a number. I called the customer service back, and was not helped at all. I also emailed several offices, in both San Francisco and New York, and received no response whatsoever. After one week, I was told that they would put my case on priority status, that it would be handed within 48 hours. After 9 days, Turkish airlines has failed To address this situation. And this mistake - which their representatives created - has not been addressed or rectified. This is the worst service I have ever received from any airline that ì have ever made a reservation with. I am extremely dissatisfied, as I have no longer have any way to reserve any ticket for myself and a pet in cabin on the airline.
RouteNew York JFK to Baku via Istanbul

"food was very good"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Karachi via Istanbul. The flight overall was very good. The flights were on time, the staff was friendly and maintained the cleanliness of the toilets. The food was very good. The only negative which i have noticed was that they maintained a general temperature in the plane and the passengers did not have individual air-conditioning ducts on the top of their seats so for those passengers who needs extra air or cold temperatures, it may be a bit challenging.
RouteToronto to Karachi via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"cancel the ticket and lose 250 Euros"

Not Verified | I book a ticket for another person, when I reviewed the ticket 15 min after it was issued I realized that the 1st name was miss-spelled. 2 extra keyboard keys were pushed inadvertently. I contacted Turkish airlines customer service, they will not talk to me until i filled out their feedback form and got a case number - which I did. including attaching a copy of the passport to correct the name. Then I called back the agent gave her the case number, she transferred it to ticketing department. Instead if the name being corrected, i got the following email: Dear D G, The travel date and passenger details on our web sites are being chosen by our passengers through calendars and those dates are being shown again on the availability screen, the flight information and payment screens (time of flight, route, airport and date of travel). On the other hand, the section "I Agree to be bound by the rules of Terms & Conditions, General Conditions of Carriage on Turkish Airlines web site and fare notes of the ticket reserved, and I confirm the accuracy of the information I entered. " is being shown to passengers on the payment/confirmation page prior to completing the ticketing transaction. A confirmation e-mail is being sent to passengers upon completing the transaction. After the ticket is purchased, the general rules of the related ticket apply and all transactions such as changes or refunds are being performed according to those rules. These rules are being equally implemented for all passengers in case of changes/cancellations or refund requests. Based on your message, we would like to inform you that after the ticketing process is completed, it's not possible to change the name information on the ticket. Any differences of the name information between the ticket and the passport may prevent passengers from travelling. However, as a result of our customer satisfaction policy, if you purchase a new one-way ticket for the related passenger(s) via the official Turkish Airlines website (www.turkishairlines.com) with the same dates, same route, correct passenger details and for a price "which must be either equal or higher price than the current ticket”, we will cancel and refund the old ticket. If you buy a new ticket which is not applicable to the requirements above and request a refund, the related transactions will be completed within the boundaries of the ticket rules. Please submit a new feedback with your new ticket in order to start the refund process. Thank you for your understanding. Sincerely yours, Customer Representative TURKISH AIRLINES INC. Customer Contact Center I had no choice but to cancel the ticket and lose 250 Euros. Airlines are allowed to make mistakes, be late lose luggage, forget special order meals, but a customer can't make an honest error without being penalized.
RouteBodrum to Stavanger

"delayed by 4 hours"

(Democratic Republic of the Congo)

Trip Verified | The flight was scheduled at 11 pm but delayed by 4 hours. At that hour, there is no possibility to buy anything to drink or food in Kinshasa airport (not any automatic distributor). During 4 hours: Nobody from the company came to us to bring some water or more information about the delay! So 3 hours with kids in Kinshasa without anything to drink. Then I negotiate to access to VIP Lounge for 50 $ for 4 people (instead of 200 $) to be able to have something to drink. And the company refuse to reimburse these 50 $! Incredible.
RouteKinshasa to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"loved their safety video"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Prague to Manila via Istanbul. I am satisfied with Turkish Airlines. Comfortable seats, delicious meals, good choice of drinks, amenity kit, I really loved their safety video. The ticket price was reasonable.
RoutePrague to Manila via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not helping a disabled person"

Trip Verified | Karachi to London via Istanbul. My disabled mother was flying back from Karachi to London. Her mobility scooter, which she uses as she can not walk, was checked in. When she landed and collected her baggage she noticed her mobility scooter had been crushed. She was mortified as it was a new scooter costing around £1800 and she does not have a lot of money so buying a new one is not so easy. She was taken to one of there offices were the person dealing with this matter told her not to worry at all and that they would get the scooter repaired ASAP and that she should take it back home with here and they would arrange collection. We then got a call from someone saying that they will not be collecting it but instead they asked my disabled mother to take the scooter to a repair shop, get a quote and send it to them and then they will pay for the repair. We did that and after 2 some time they got back to us saying that what we sent them was a quote and they need an invoice even though they asked for a writen quote. Anyway we send the invoice with a long message saying please try to resolve this quickly as my mother in confined until she gets her scooter back. They then replained with a one sentence answer saying 'We cannot evaluate this document. Thank you for your understanding'. Understand what, there was no explanation. I then had to call them, spent half an hour explaining the situation and they said it was because it was not an invoice, even though it clearly was. We then had to go back to the workshop and got them it change the invoice and sent it again. And there reply, you guessed it 'We cannot evaluate this document. Thank you for your understanding'. So again we called them up and this time they said because the invoice was not stamped by the company. Spoke to the company again, who at this point is fed up of us, and they singed the invoice as they do not have a stamp but told us they have sent many invoices and have never had this issue before. Sent the invoice again and there response 'We cannot evaluate this document. Thank you for your understanding'. We replied saying if you are not happy still with the invoice then can you arrange for a another repair shop to do the shop and there are no other places and my mother can not drive due to her disability and the scooter is extremely heavy. They said no. it has now been 6 months since the incident and still this has not been resoled. Its absolutely appalling that this airline is not helping a disabled person who is not able to move around because of something that happened to her scooter while under there care. Its inhumane.
RouteKarachi to London via Istanbul

"outraged and disappointed"

Not Verified | Houston to Istanbul. I am a mother of 2 children - 1 is 7 months old and the other is 3 years old. I spoke on the phone with a customer service representative with your airline for ticketing and reservations. I am outraged and disappointed in the terrible customer service and appalling company policy Turkish Airlines has for families with children. From my understanding with the rep and manager today, if a family is traveling with an infant, the only place they can sit is a bassinet accessible seat. In order to receive this seat with my family and babies - we have to pay an additional $109 per person, per seat - going both ways round trip! That’s over $600 extra for my family. This is a terrible policy and is basically punishing and penalizing families with infants. I have flown internationally on 2 other trips before with a different airline, and there was never an additional fee to accommodate a family to be able to sit together with their infant, with a bassinet accessible seat. I am travelling with my 2 boys and husband. In addition to this my sister, her spouse, my mother and her spouse are also going to be on the same flight with us. Our entire family has already spent plenty of money as your customers for our flight and now we are being penalized and asked to pay additional money to have a bassinet seat?!? Turkish airlines is punishing families by enforcing additional financial burdens on families. After my conversation with the customer service rep and her manager, it is clear to me that the Turkish Airlines customer services reps only care about repeating, over & over, the company policy as an excuse or escape route to avoiding good customer services. Not once did they display any empathy or understanding that as a mother, I do not want to sit by myself with my infant son, and be forced to take care of all his needs, by myself, for a 12 hour flight. Long flights are difficult for babies and families and we need help to make sure its a safe and smooth flight for our children and family. After getting zero help from a customer rep and manager on the phone, I sent feedback online. I got the same policy recited to me again. Again no compassion and understanding from this company of the difficulties traveling with children and babies. Never again will I fly with Turkish Airlines.
RouteHouston to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"baggage didn’t arrive for 3 days"

Trip Verified | Going from XNA to ADD on 7/6 baggage didn’t arrive at destination for 3 days. I am informed at the airport, this is standard operating procedure for Turkish Airlines arriving in ADD. Had to go to the airport at 1 a.m. for 3 days before my baggage was located as there was no “system” to inform me of the status of my bags. Now flying back on 7/19, flight from IST to ORD delayed by 160 minutes. As a result, will miss connecting flight at ORD. I will have to pay for my own accommodation at ORD or opt to stay in IST and go out the following day taking the same risk for a flight delay. (flight on 7/18 was also delayed by the same amount of time) At three customer service desks at three different locations of the IST airport, I asked to be routed through ATL and was told I must pay my own way from ATL to XNA as the only flight out that night was Delta it was not Star Alliance. And they will terminate my flight at ATL. I opted into that. The process of talking to agents (many, as no one seems to have the authority to make decision) took 1.5 hours which possibly caused episode 3 below. My baggage did not make it to ATL on 7/19 on TK31. And as of this morning (7/21) according to the customer service agent, the system doesn’t show where my bag maybe. Advised next steps: wait until tomorrow a.m. 48 hours after my flight, and submit a lost baggage claim; which will start a process to “reimburse for lost luggage” or “expedite the search”. BTW – since I opted to get my flight terminated and paid $500 for my last leg of the flight, TK will not deliver my bag to my final destination. I will have to pay a FedEx fee for that. Still waiting for my bags! Again: if you don’t need baggage or good customer service, fly Turkish Airlines.
RouteAddis Ababa to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"we had to pay for water"

Trip Verified | I booked a return flight on Turkish Airline from New Delhi to Geneva and then Rome to New Delhi. The last leg of the journey was horrible, It was operated by Turkish codeshare partner Indigo. I fail to understand how can a full service carrier like Turkish make its customers travel on a low cost airline. We had to pay for water, no inflight entertainment and no hot meals only sandwiches that too only what was available with them.
RouteIstanbul to Delhi

"Disappointing bland breakfast"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Edinburgh. Pleasant flight. Disappointing bland breakfast, and very surprised at the poor quality. Entertainment hit and miss. Professional and courteous staff.
RouteIstanbul to Edinburgh

"Terrible service"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf to Istanbul via Seychelles. I've now flown 4 times with Turkish Airlines, all times were terrible. Unfriendly staff, some don't even speak English properly. I was flying alone with my baby and also being pregnant, no extra help was offered. When flying during the night, they start serving dinner at midnight, lights are on bright, people trying to sleep with blankets over their heads. I asked several times if they could dim the light. When pressing the flight attendant button, nobody comes. Terrible service! The meals are also horrible. Cheap, tasteless, unhealthy food. They are trying to be like Emirates but they obviously can't compete.
RouteDusseldorf to Istanbul via Seychelles

"Crew were friendly"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Adana to Istanbul, night flight. Crew were friendly. They supported me with a blanket and helped with my hand baggage. Beverages were different and it's cool. But sandwich wasn't good. The bread was very dry from 4 sides, and attached cheese wasn't good. One problem disturbed me, I bought connecting flight via Turna.com from Adana-Istanbul-Almaty, Turkish Airlines and Air Astana, but in Adana on baggage registration desk they couldn't connect my baggage till my last destination.
RouteAdana to İstanbul

"Seats are terrible"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Istanbul. Seats on this flight are terrible and uncomfortable. The food is becoming lower and lower - just a small tiny sandwich and every 5 minutes announcements so you cant sleep 15 minutes. Horrible and not recommended. I am a member at the highest level of Turkish Airlines and they never ever give me upgrades. Horrible airline.

"Flight attendants rude"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | New York to Sofia via Istanbul. Luggage arrived damaged and they won’t pay for damage they did. Flight attendants rude like you didn’t pay you ticket. Transfer person on the airport is one for 10 people you waiting hours before they take you out to see you gate. After arrived the lost luggage agent not sure what paper to fill - they fill 3 different one. Next is you have to go to airport every day to see if they find you luggage because no one call you to let you now if they find or not? 5th day I finally receive luggage, and the luggage arrive damage. Well after they give you claim number in one complicated page is take you 2 day to figure this out how to send them pictures. And after 3 months waiting sending mails what no one answers and you try to forget you loses and you madness.
RouteNew York to Sofia via Istanbul

"experience was great"

Not Verified | Havana to Munich via Istanbul and Caracas. My Turkish Airlines experience was great. The service is incredible, the crew is nice and funny and always ask you if everything is going well even they make you the bed. The seat is comfortable, it goes fully flat, also the privacy is good, the entertainment screen is big, and includes a lot of movies, music, games it also has cameras to see what is happening outside and have free wifi which is good, also the food is delicious, for me this is a top 5 airline, totally recommended.
RouteHavana to Munich via Istanbul / Caracas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"legroom was good for economy"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Dammam to Istanbul. The staff weren't smiling, but they were professional. I got into the plane and checked the Economy legroom, it was good for an economy class seat and for a medium haul flight, in-flight entertainment is amazing! The food was so delicious, the staff really helped.
RouteDammam to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"No one to help"

Not Verified | Dubai to Oslo via Istanbul. Pathetic, I was told by ground staff to get boarding pass for my second leg journey from gate, due to some technical glitch in system. Gate says they cannot issue, talk with airline staff. Airline staff says talk with Istanbul ground staff. No one to help.
RouteDubai to Oslo via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Customer service is so poor"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Istanbul. Flying with Turkish is a nightmare. Customer service is so poor that you have never experienced it anywhere. Food and drinks are super low quality. Crews are lost and bathrooms are not even usable because of how dirty they are the staff at the gate, can get your reward number but add your points some other account. Online customer service is amazingly rude and useless and cant even talk English. I don't know why they have the job! Do your self a favor and skip this airline. Turkish Airline is all spam.
RouteSan Francisco to Istanbul

"horrible, pathetic service"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | I travelled from Istanbul to Kayseri on Turkish Airlines flight TK 7296 on 22nd June 2019. The flight was delayed for 2 hours and upon reaching Kayseri, our baggage didn't come. We waited for 30 minutes, only to meet the person who informed that our baggage was left in Istanbul as the flight was overweight. We weren't provided with any proper reports for the same and the personnel just wrote our details on a paper while promising us to deliver us baggage to our hotel in Cappadocia, the next morning (a pathetic manner to handle such situation where no official report is made). Next morning, I called, emailed concerned authorities hundreds of times and never received an appropriate response. The only thing I got to hear was to call someone else or I should speak in the Turkish language because the people there do not understand English (which is horrible for someone who works at an airport). In fact, one of the personnel lied saying my baggage has left for Cappadocia. After all the frustration, I drove 1 hour to Kayseri airport to collect my baggage. Nobody was there to check if we are collecting the right baggage (anybody can take anyone's else bags). No proper report was given. The next afternoon (after more than 48 hours), someone called us asking whether we took our baggage or not. This is not only horrible, pathetic service from Turkish Airlines, but it is downright fraud and cheating where you people lie to keep the passengers quiet and show no responsibility towards the safety of our luggage. Terrible customer service with no ethics or morals. Being tourists, we carry everything in one bag and that being delayed, puts us in great trouble whereas Turkish airlines are least bothered about the same. Nor they bother to inform or compensate.
RouteIstanbul to Kayseri
Date FlownJune 2019

"incompetence across the board"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Bangkok. We booked this flight as part of an itinerary to use the Touristanbul service. Every single communication we had with Turkish Airlines was cryptic and baffling including email exchanges with the hotel desk, the Touristanbul desk, and the feedback desk. They were unable (incapable?) to provide clear or helpful information. Complete incompetence across the board. Finally one of the agents on the phone suggested we contact their feedback desk to get help. We emailed and received (4 days later) another unfriendly and virtually incomprehensible email was received. Despite having a 20 hour layover, we were denied all services. So, take TA promises with a grain of salt.
RouteIstanbul to Bangkok

"Terrible airline service"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Bodrum. Terrible airline service. Due do operational reasons we have missed our flight which we have checked in. THY has extorted $180 from us and threaten us to cancel our rerun flight to BHX if we don’t pay this money and fly to Bodrum. They rejected to issue me a new ticket only for this leg which would be $60 per person. I wouldn’t recommend this airline or the new airport in Istanbul to any passenger.
RouteIstanbul to Bodrum
Date FlownJuly 2019

"we have to wait extra 9 hours"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | My transit stop in Istanbul which was 1.5 hours according to my ticket. We discovered in the airport that our trip was cancelled and we have to wait extra 9 hours for the next plane. The customer service mentioned that this is the rule in Turkish Airlines, as they have the right to change the time of their trips without informing the customers and they are not responsible for how and where the customers will spend the periods of change. We had to sit in the airport without any care from their side from 9 am till 8:20 PM.
RouteIstanbul to Jeddah
Date FlownJuly 2019

"you get to know their quirks"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Ercan via Istanbul. Check-in & boarding at Manchester no issues efficient as usual The lounge used in Manchester is the Aspire by swissport - overcrowded, noisy and very poor selection unless you choose to pay for certain drinks. Avoid if possible or book the 1903 lounge, free flowing champagne and the food is great and staff fabulous. Manchester to Istanbul flight was on a new Neo with the newer short haul business seat which was a pleasant surprise - comfortable and fairly roomy. Tv screen decent size. Crew, with Turkish and flying with them regularly you get to know their quirks - ie if you don’t ask you don’t get it offered and as soon as the meal has been served the curtain closed and it’s a challenge to get any service despite ringing your call bell which is usually ignored until you pop up to the curtain and dare to ask for a drink. Once asked you are served begrudgingly you feel and the usual flow of passengers from economy through the cabin to use the toilet at the front unchallenged by crew. Took approximately 1 hour after take off to be served a drink. Meal was tasty and once the crew are out and about they are polite and efficient; but then back to hide behind the curtain..Arrived at the new Istanbul airport - super impressed and super hug , would definitely recommend comfortable shoes or grab the buggy for €6. New business lounge amazing once you find the entrance, only irritation was we found a entrance which turns out was for PRM passengers and passengers with kids. The guy on the entrance flatly and rudely refused entry and just pointed - go other door - that’s great but where and why. Not the best 1st impression for your premium passengers. Buggy to the connecting gate saves a hike. Flight to Ercan, dirty old aircraft business seat - not really business seat - cramped and with the middle seat folded down - crew again curtain closed felt abandoned again. Overall Turkish are consistent and they are what they are - is it a business or premium experience - not compared to EK or Singapore but that is reflected in the price.
RouteManchester to Ercan via Istanbul

"a harrowing experience"

Trip Verified | They cancelled the flight from Kayseri to Istanbul. Upon calling their customer care services, they informed me that their servers were down and need to call them later. In the next 1 hour, I called them 3 times to get the same reply (their calls are chargeable). I had to book another flight on my own to reach Istanbul as I had a connecting flight to Sharjah (I missed my flight as the next flight was way too late). Upon reaching their office at Istanbul airport, their customer care representatives behaved badly and only refunded the usual cancellation charges as if I had cancelled the flight - they did not refund the full amount. They even refused to provide accommodation and flight to sharjah as it was a different airline booking. Their customer care number was not reachable. All in all, a harrowing experience.
RouteKayseri to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"disrespect towards its customers"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Bamako via Istanbul. The most horrible experience among all the airlines I have ever used. Three days have already passed since airplane landed in Bamako and my luggage still was not delivered. Apparently, air operator abuses the scarce number of flights available in the indicated direction and substitute passengers' luggage by commercial cargo. This company demonstrates highest degree of disrespect towards its customers and I see no point to positively assess it.
RouteKiev to Bamako via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"Absolute chaos from start to finish"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Absolute chaos from start to finish. A surreal experience. There was so much wrong but I want this review to be short. The flight left an hour late. The boarding process was chaos. I was brought a meal that had already been opened and reclosed, and was missing the plastic covers (i didn't eat it). We booked this flight to use the Touristanbul service. Every single communication we had with Turkish Airlines was cryptic and baffling including email exchanges with the hotel desk, the Touristanbul desk, and the feedback desk. They were unable (incapable?) to provide clear or helpful information. Despite having a 20 hour layover, we were denied all services. So, take TA promises with a grain of salt.
RouteLondon to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"extremely poor customer service"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Dubrovnik via Istanbul. Worst airline and extremely poor customer service. Our flight was cancelled due to high winds. This is understandable. Safety first, but we were told to collect our luggage, then go back and line up at the counter. Stop, you must collect your luggage. No communication about the process, nothing. We waited in line for over five hours while two staff were assisting 200 passengers to rebook them and put them in hotels for one or two nights. No leadership or executives appeared. Two young ladies who did their best. Staff in Istanbul are useless and need customer service training. I will never fly with them again and I will not recommend them.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Dubrovnik via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"it was a good experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Istanbul. Check-in was very convenient and fast. The flight departed on time and the seats of the former Kingfisher Airlines plane were quite comfortable with decent legroom. Turkish Airlines has two of these ex Kingfisher planes in its fleet which have a different entertainment system, which has very limited entertainment options. On this 3 hour flight a hot meal was served (chicken was tasty) together with a drink service. The crew was professional and polite. After landing the taxi time to the gate at the New Istanbul Airport was quite long, but we arrived on time. In the end it was a good experience.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"frustrating and agonizing experience"

Not Verified | Montreal to Istanbul. My wife and kids were travelling via tk 36 on 16th June, boarding time 930 pm, around 10:00 pm it was announced due some technical problems flight was delayed by a day, new departure is 8 pm next day. Local passengers were asked to collect the luggage and come back again tomorrow. I went to pick them again, my wife called from baggage claim that she wasnt able to find our bags and waited long enough at the belt. There was no TA staff down there to help. I talked to the staff at the airline counter that my wife is needing some help cant seem to find the bags, she is there with kids if u can send someone at the belt to help. First thing Turkish Airlines staff member asked me is she travelling with 2 kids, how many bags, i told her 4 bags - she started why 4 bags when she is alone with 2 kids, kept on mumbling and they were all busy here at the counter. Well first of all its not her concern, non of the bag was overweight or size and we were within allowed limit. Anyways i guess there were more passengers in similar situation and figured out where the bags were lying. Next day we kept on checking for the departure time which was 8pm. At around 3pm it changed to 6pm, we called Turkish airlines office and they said yes it changed to 6. No email or sms through the day. We rushed to airport, chaotic scenes at counter huge line up and counter was still closed. Figured out flight time was now changed to 8:30pm, eventually at 4:45 we also got email confirming the same. However flight ultimately took off at 1030pm. It was a frustrating and agonizing experience. Unreliable, lack of communication, and unprofessional customer service. Not recommended.
RouteMontreal to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"not satisfied for this service"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Istanbul. I wanted to change the date of my flight from 22:05 16\6\2019 to 15:55 at 16/6/2019 - it's on the same day just a small change between hours and there were free seats in both planes. They wanted 126$ for the change fee, and it's a very huge number for a small change, I'm not satisfied for this service.
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"Worst time schedule ever"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Alexandria to London via Istanbul. Flight delayed one hour from Alexandria had to run to catch the connecting flight in Istanbul which was at the other side of the airport. In the return flight, it was delayed by more than an hour and a half in London and had also to run to catch the returning flight to Egypt. Worst time schedule ever!
RouteAlexandria to London via Istanbul

"pretty comfy seats"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | My flight from Istanbul to Bodrum was very pleasant. Aircraft was a B738 equipped with in flight entertainment, and with pretty comfy seats with a nice legroom(I'm 1.84). Unlike what most people claim experience taxi duration to runway 34R (which is the farthest runway from the terminal) was 15 minutes and we didn't hold before departure. Crew was ordinary, my luggage didn't get lost. As usual for short flights we were offered a sandwich/toast, a variety of drinks and some snacks. We arrived 3 minutes early too. Food could have been better but the flight is too short for any other kind of meal to be served.
RouteIstanbul to Bodrum
Date FlownJune 2019

"crew very efficient but no smiles"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Toulouse via Istanbul. Seats comfortable without being luxurious - Economy after all. Food good but airline should stay away from omelets as bland and runny! Cabin crew very efficient but no smiles - rather this than cheerful incompetents. Staff at Toulouse airport excellent. New Istanbul airport very impressive. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteJohannesburg to Toulouse via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"never recommend Turkish Airlines"

Not Verified | New York to Istanbul . I flew for the first time with Turkish Airlines and they lost my baggage since Feb 18th, 2019. I have filed a claim and made numerous phone calls as well. And they still haven’t found my baggage nor gave me any compensation for it. It has been over 4 months. The flight seats were also very small and uncomfortable. I will never recommend Turkish Airlines.
RouteNew York to Istanbul

"be treated terribly"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Dubai. During our trip with horrible airline they managed to try their absolute hardest to downgrade our full fare business tickets to economy 3 times until they succeed. First from Istanbul to Bodrum “sorry were over sold you and your whole family are going in economy,” followed by Bodrum to Istanbul sorry 5 hour delay we might not have seats in business and last but not least Istanbul to Dubai “we can’t find your business class ticket are you sure you paid for a ticket?” Basically if you want to throw away your money or be treated terribly fly Turkish airline!
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2019

"very poor service all around"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to London. Very disappointed with Turkish Airlines service, staff and attitude generally. They cancelled my inbound flight and moved it to the next day for no explanation. I am an Elite Plus Member but this makes no difference the loyalty I have given them flying so many times on Turkish. I called them and was put through to a call centre in Turkey. The accent of the operator was so heavy I couldn’t understand them. After 20 minutes on the call I was told I had to visit Gatwick airport before the flight to change my ticket. This is untenable and ridiculous to expect someone to do this when they cancel a flight. I ended up getting a Turkish speaking friend to call them and they managed to exchange the ticket. But to a different London airport costing me more in taxis and taking longer to transfer for which I was not compensated and no apology. At Istanbul airport now on the flight I was moved to. The Turkish Airlines staff here are just rude and arrogant and do not care at all. The directions to the lounge are poor in the new airport. The staff do not look you in the eye. Do not care to help you. I think they know everyone is complaining so have became disconnected from their job. Just very poor service all around. This is why I choose other airlines now. PS if you ever have a bag damaged with Turkish Airlines forget any help in compensation- it happened to me twice. Compare this with BA. BA sort it immediately.
RouteIstanbul to London

"Poor baggage handling"

Not Verified | Kayseri to Istanbul. Poor baggage handling. Looks like being thrown irresponsibly. Extremely poor baggage damage complaints unit. 6 other passengers had the same problem at the baggage office. Clearly shows the magnitude of the problem. Agreed by ground staff. Submitted claim online but after a few messages, blatantly declined to compensate. Finally ignored my messages.
RouteKayseri to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"surely was a weird flight"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Ankara. A Boeing 777 for a short haul flight of about 45 mins - you do not see that everyday but I was pleased to be in my favorite aircraft anyway. However, dealing in full-board service with a large aircraft for a short haul was problematic for both cabin crew and passengers alike. Meal was a special Ramadan box, including a soup and additional drink, so I am not sure if everyone could get their boxes. Extremely nervous crew could not come back to collect the garbage and we were told to throw them on the floor while landing! I would prefer their usual short haul panini, rather than the Ramadan box anyway. Poor ground service combined with amazingly long taxi duration of new Istanbul airport. 45 mins delay in boarding time and 45 mins of taxi for a 45 mins of flight time? That surely was a weird flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteIstanbul to Ankara
Date FlownMay 2019

"do their job, but without any smile"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Istanbul. IFE selection and economy catering of Turkish is perfect, no complaints in that department. Seat pitch was not as problematic as I usually encounter in their A330-300s, this time it was okay. However, their ground service is sloppy almost everywhere. You do not always see 50 minutes delay in boarding at Schiphol. Cabin crew do their job, but without any smile - as usual in Turkish.
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"downward shift in service"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Lisbon via Istanbul. Check-in at KL airport refused to acknowledge the (extra legroom) seat payment made when flights were booked, despite my showing them the receipt & seat allocation. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for over 10 years & have always regarded them as the premium airline internationally. Not any more. Seats have become more constricted - limited legroom, especially when the person in front reclines their seat! The food standard has declined substantially & punctuality of flights has become chaotic! Ground service is too often dismissive and unethical - inflight service is most often good. I think that their inability to retain the high standard set years ago has exemplified the downward shift in service - everything from airport checkin to responsibility for the Airlines' failure to meet timelines and provide compensation.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Lisbon via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"airline is going down fast"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | Istanbul to Dublin. The move to the New Istanbul Airport has been a complete disaster from the get go. Nobody knows what is going on out there, the staff are new and extremely unhelpful and the general experience is grating from start to end. The airport is far to large to navigate conveniently and the quality of construction out there is disgraceful. So many corners cut to satisfy unrealistic schedules. It looks 20 years old already and I shudder to think what it will look like in only 5 years more. The transport links to the city do not exist and it's a consistent 30 minutes taxi from gate to take off. Avoid transiting with TA at all costs when their direct competitors in the ME are so far ahead for quality and service it is hard to believe. This giant white elephant airport is doomed to fail. These thoughts are in addition to the horrendous customer service I endured today while traveling with two small children and no partner. We had unforeseen delays at immigration of almost 1 hour yet (the only photocopy station is 300 yards away). Turkish Airlines shrugged their shoulders saying there was no way they could call the gate and let them know we were on the way. We ran the 15 mins to the gate and missed it by 2 mins. They then delay the flight to remove all our bags. You couldn't make the incompetence up. No effort, shrugged shoulders. Typical. The general Turkish Airlines service is appalling, despite being a top level frequent flyer. I fly them because I have to but I would choose any, literally other option going forward. That airline is going down fast and the airport is also sinking (literally)
RouteIstanbul to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2019

"don't care about passenger safety"

(Afghanistan)

Trip Verified | On our Turkish Airlines flight from Tel Aviv to Istanbul, April 20, 2019 I experienced an incident as we were deboarding. There was a young woman who was speaking very loudly with her group. Thinking nothing of it, I stood up to get off the plane. A minute later she puts BOTH hands and me and shoves me to the side – into the seats - to get to her group. I can handle a little push, scootch past - but a two-handed forceful shove is too much. I told her to chill out and wait. She started yelling at me in another language (I don’t know which), taunting me and laughing at the back of my head - with her group laughing too. As we were getting off the plane, she was directly behind me and I stopped and informed the young female flight attendant stationed at the back of the plane that this woman - pointing to her - just forcefully pushed me with both hands. Flight attendant - no kidding - shrugged her shoulders and said "So?" Thinking she didn't understand, I repeated it. The FA then laughed aloud and said clearly "Well, what do you want me to do about it?" I said "You are telling me that I can punch someone on this flight and you will do nothing?" She laughed and again said "What can I do?". This was in front of my husband, the woman who pushed me and one of her companions. Shocked I got off the plane and at the bottom of the stairs I explained the situation to the ground crew and the Turkish Airlines Security that was on the ground to get us on the bus to take us to the gate. They told me "Tell it to Customer Service in the airport." Still stunned I argued and questioned "You aren't going to do anything?" They said "Get on the bus." At the terminal, I went to the customer Service and once they found someone who spoke even high school English I was told - no kidding - to call Customer Service. I could not believe this. Again, I said “I have spoken to the flight crew, security, ground crew, customer service but you are telling me I need to call customer service. I'm talking to you now!" They said No. I said "OK, can I use your phone?" They laughed (so much laughing in this experience) and said "We don't have a phone." At no point did a Turkish Airlines employee say to me - "Are you OK? " Not once. I then stood to the side and called Customer Service thinking Someone at this company has to care about passenger safety. Wrong. When I called - I am not kidding - they told me to go online and submit a Feedback form!! Which I did. Getting no response in the 1st 24 hours I called after no response after 48 hours. Again TA was rude and just told me to wait. I said "So you are telling me that after being physically accosted on your flight, after having spoken to the flight crew, security, ground crew, customer service at the airport and customer service on the phone - all of whom did nothing - that now I should wait 2-7 days for an email?” I finally got an answer from Turkish Airlines today which read "In our investigation we corresponded with related department. We could not detect any inconviences (sic) regarding your feedback." I have written again & again & each time they tell me that no one corroborates my story. They never asked if I was OK, apologized for the inconvenience, spoke to the woman who forcefully pushed me, asked me my name, wrote anything down – nothing. They simply don't care about passenger safety or customer service.
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a really bad experience"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Barcelona via Istanbul. Wow, what a terrible experience we had flying Turkish. Out of AD we never got offered a drink after taking off, we were asked what we wanted for breakfast thinking it would be served before landing as take off was at 1.45am. Then an emergency medical issue on board meant we diverted and landed. Offloaded the pax which took a total of 90 minutes to do so. The cabin "chief" never informed us as to what was happening or anything. They were the most unprofessional crew I have seen in an emergency and on the PA system couldn't understand a word of what they were saying. Everyone missed connections and we sat around 8 hours in Istanbul. Then onto Barcelona, we asked for cabin socks only to be told that they were not issuing them on that flight so slept for the entire 3.30 mins. Again couldn't understand a word of what the "chief" was saying. Overall, a really bad experience, not business class in any way shape or form. Turkish Airlines really needs to work on this because service was terrible, food was not good and drinks were not offered at all. Give them a big miss to save yourself grief. Never again
AircraftA321 / A330
RouteAbu Dhabi to Barcelona via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Poor service from staff"

(Ghana)

Trip Verified | Accra to New York via Istanbul. I missed my connecting flight to New York at Istanbul airport because Turkish Airlines delayed by an hour or more. I was scheduled for the 1pm flight. At 1pm they make us go through security checks and without announcing or informing us, they pack their equipments and leave. We had to go to the counter before we were I formed that our flight has again been changed to 5:30pm. No one, i mean no one saw it fit to announce the change to us. I then requested to speak to their manager or supervisor and was directed to another Turkish airline desk. staff here state they have no manager, i even exclaimed ‘how can you work here and not know your manager or supervisor’. I eventually met a gentleman who said he is the supervisor but has closed for the day, when i asked who he handed over to, he replied that i wait 10mins after he is gone then proceed to the counter to ask who the new supervisor is. I just lost it at this point. Poor service from staff, it’s as though they attend a class on how to be rude to customers. Flights delayed without the courtesy to inform us. No wifi service after an hour, hence our families were in the dark as to the status of our flight. In conclusion, i will rather walk than board another Turkish airline flight. Management and staff should be ashamed of the service they provide.
RouteAccra to New York via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"blatant deception I've been exposed"

Trip Verified | New York to Doha via Istanbul. The flight was comfortable and good value. The food was very simple and not plenty, but good quality. In-flight services were ok. But my suitcase was damaged and I did not get a refund. The problem is not the value of the suitcase in itself but the level of blatant deception I've been exposed to, something I had never seen before in 20 years of flying. If you fly Turkish Airlines and everything goes fine, all is good. But if your luggage gets damaged during the trip, be prepared to be treated as if it's none of their business, as with a low-cost airline. I feel lucky that the luggage was not lost at least. Here is what happened. First, the company claimed that the suitcase was already damaged when I had checked it in. In fact, I packed my coat into the suitcase in front of the check in desk right before dropping it, so I am absolutely sure that the suitcase was not damaged then. Someone replaced the label on the suitcase after the check it to mark it as already damaged at check in. The airline actually has a record of this in their system so the customer service staff could verify that this happened and issue a refund, but they never bothered. Upon my arrival in Doha, I have not had a chance to talk to the airline staff directly, so I was told by the airport staff to open a complaint by sending an email to the address of the airline's local office. That email was never replied. I talked to the airline staff when I flew back and contacted the customer service, which just resulted in a long series of interactions in which staff will tell you to just wait and file complaints after complaints until you give up.
RouteNew York to Doha via istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Birmingham. Very happy with my flight. It was on time, seats were comfortable, plenty of choice on the IFE and the food was excellent. Cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely use Turkish again
RouteIstanbul to Birmingham

"Food was great"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Paris. Spotless experience and better than expected. Web-site was easy to book and check in. Airport check in took 1 min. Boarding organized by zones and fast. Cabin was spotless and seat comfortable. Entertainment system worked fine on the first flight, but was oldish on the second. When I tried to charge my phone on the second leg, the USB and power port were out of order. The purse took my phone and charged it at other outlet. Food was great, bar service generous. Toilets were spotless and amenities included toilet water. Crew attentive. Legroom fine. My second flight was around 30 min late due to storm over Istanbul. Bag on the belt in 20 min. 5 days after flight I received an email from customer relations with apologies for malfunctioning power port (crew reported it!) and 2500 miles to my account. I recommend TK and remain their loyal customer. Bad thing: Internet connection was out of order on the both flights. Not a big deal though.
AircraftA330-200
RouteKiev to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"rude and lacked any empathy"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Male via Istanbul. Two days lost and headaches all the way to our wedding. Horrible experience from start to finish with Turkish Airlines on our wedding/honeymoon trip from Kiev to Maldives. Sorry for the lengthy post. I will try to make it as concise as possible. Website and Mobile App issues: After creating my online profile, I needed to update my name to include my middle name, as it shows on my passport. Once my tickets were issued from Expedia, Turkish Airlines website and App couldn’t link the ticket to my Miles&Smiles profile because of the name discrepancy. It took several calls and emails to support, and even now it still shows my first name and middle name combined. Couldn’t update my rewards number: I mistakenly had the wrong Miles&Smiles number on my Expedia account when I purchased the tickets (copy/pasted without the last digit). Turkish airlines couldn’t update my ticket with the correct rewards number. Sure, it was my mistake, but it seemed like a simple request to update my ticket. Flight schedule change: Our flight times from IST to MLE on April 30th change from arriving at 11:50am to arriving 12:15pm, which was not a big deal, but logging into their website and App the system asked me to confirm the change, cancel the flight, or change the flight. There was no option to confirm the change. I couldn’t change my flight (which was free of charge). Every time I’d select the new flight arriving in MLE at 12:15, the system would say it couldn’t find a flight with that time. I made several calls to Turkish Airlines support, and they never helped me clarify if I was confirmed on the changed flight. The best they could do was tell me to contact Expedia and have them re-issue tickets. Between Turkish Airlines and Expedia support, I must have made a half dozen calls regarding this. By the end, Turkish airlines best response was that “everything should be fine”. All I wanted to know is that everything IS fine”. Cancelled flight from KBP to IST: As we were about to board our flight from KBP to IST on April 29th at 9:30pm, we were told at the gate that our flight was cancelled. • It took 6 hours to stand in line for new tickets. Calling customer support, the guy was rude and told me to just wait in line. When calling Expedia’s Gold customer support to get me a new flight, they were unable to assist because the Turkish Airlines flight was not showing an updated status, and that the flight was still on-time. Expedia could have helped me get new tickets, but they just needed to confirm the flight was cancelled. Expedia even called Turkish Airlines to get updates, and Turkish Airlines was unable to give them the cancelled status. So, after several calls to Turkish airlines and Expedia, we just continued to wait in line. We eventually got new tickets to IST, which left Kiev at 10am the next day (April 30th) and arrived in IST at 12pm. However, our connection from IST to MLE was at 1:00am that morning on April 30th, arriving in MLE at 12:15pm. The next flight from IST to MLE was at 4:15am on May 1st arriving in MLE at 2:20pm. • Turkish Airlines did put us up in a hotel for a few hours, since our new departure wasn’t unto 4:15am the next day. But, the customer service representatives in IST airport were all rude and lacked any empathy. The hotel (Ibis Hotel) was a 1-hour drive from the airport The room was dirty. Sheets stained. Hair and bead trimmings in bathroom I had to pay for a visa ($30, not a big deal)
RouteKiev to Male via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"debited the double the amount"

(Poland)

Not Verified | I booked flights on Turkish Airlines for my wife and myself. Without reason, they debited the double the amount. During one month, it was impossible to contact them and to have a clear answer by email, by phone or even on Facebook. They always repeated the same sh*t and nothing change. Finally, I directly called the customer service from Geneva airport and they gave to me an email where to explain my situation. After 10 emails with them, they finally refund my ticket, but not the one of my wife. They ask her to sign documents that she agree that the amount will be refund on my account, which makes no sense as I paid both tickets with my credit card. Anyway, its been 2 months now and the issue is still not resolved. I honestly never had an experience like that without any other company.
RouteIstanbul to Tokyo
Date FlownMay 2019

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed due to technical issue and caused our subsequent flight to delay. We had 15 minutes to dash to our next connecting flight. There were no ground staffs to help neither were there at buggy system around to sweep us through the big empty airport in Istanbul. Worst, the Turkish airline air transfer desk agents weren’t helpful at all. Although we explained we book our tickets with their partner flight in one same booking; they do not want to hold accountable for our lost. Worst, the manager or we think who pretends to be the manager will not offer us help or give us a clear explanation as to why; when we were already checked in all the way to Melbourne from Tel Aviv (even with the lugage proof). His arrogant and ignorant behavior were not professional. Very poor customer service.
Date FlownMay 2019

"baggage with 3 days delay"

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Bordeaux via Istanbul. Several problems: baggage with 3 days delay when returning from Nepal. No compensation. I had to pick up my luggage myself at the airport on a Sunday in the late afternoon. Flight from Kathmandu with more than 8 hours late (already 2 hours one way). The flight duration displayed on the outward and return journey is not the right one. It takes 2 hours more. I did not find the staff pleasant considering the late conditions. by buying the ticket, the return flight was to last 17h. In the end, it lasted 36 hours. The price of the ticket being more expensive than another company, the total duration and the rest make it better to avoid Turkish Airlines. Plusieurs problèmes : bagages avec 3 jours de retard au retour du Népal. Pas de dédommagements. J'ai du aller chercher mes bagages moi même à l'aéroport un dimanche en fin d'après midi. Vol au départ de Kathmandou avec plus de 8 h de retard (déjà 2 h à l'aller). La durée de vol affichée à l'aller et au retour n'est pas la bonne. Il faut compter 2 heures de plus. Je n'ai pas trouvé que le personnel était agréable compte tenu des conditions de retard. en achetant le billet, le vol retour devait durer 17h. Au final, il a duré 36 h. Le prix du billet étant plus cher qu'une autre compagnie, la durée totale et le reste font qu'il vaut mieux éviter turkish Airlines
RouteKathmandu to Bordeaux via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"poorest ever customer service"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Hurghada via Istanbul. The poorest ever customer service, 23rd Feb. 2019, I flew with my son from Moscow to Hurghada Egypt via Istanbul, the flights were delayed, which was not their fault due to snow, we arrived to hurghada 3 hours late, and our luggage were left behind in Istanbul. we stayed just under 24 hours in Hurghada then my son went back to Moscow without his luggage and I travelled to Cairo. Communications with Turkish Airline customer service worse than poor, the luggage. arrived three and half days later with one luggage was damaged. From March the time I reported it, the case still going, they refused to compensate me for the damaged luggage because I reported it after eight days, no compensation for what I needed for necessary need for three and half days of the 6 days the length of my trip because I didn't obtain receipts for what I purchased, I had to carry my son's case back to London where he visited me the following week and took it back. I will never ever fly Turkish Airlines again if they pay me. I spent the most 3.5 miserable days of my life worrying as I had medications in the lost cases, by the way I am 70 years old, and they had no sympathy whatsoever. I challenge them to respond to this review. On my son's return to Moscow he also had another nightmare experience and had to pay for another airline to get back to Moscow and there was no compensation whatsoever (found out later they responded to him to visit their office in Moscow to get some kind of voucher to be offset against his next flight with their airline, why will he be forced to use their airline again?)) This review is mainly about how the customer service handled my issue,
RouteMoscow to Hurghada via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service has been deplorable"

Trip Verified | On May 14 I traveled from Addis Ababa to London via Istanbul. When I landed in Gatwick I was told that my luggage I checked in at Addis did not make my flight connection in Istanbul and was subsequently not in London. I had a wilderness medical training course that day, and all of my gear was in my luggage. Because I had to travel from London to Wales that day, the desk agent at Gatwick told me that the earliest day my luggage could be delivered to my location would be 2 days. I strongly expressed that it was urgent I need my gear for my course, and finally after much convincing, the desk manager made a phone call to have my luggage delivered to my location the next day. He told me that I could go online to file a claim to receive compensation for the delay. Afterwards, when I did submit the claim, I was told that because I didn't have the original receipt documenting my "urgent need" my claim could not be processed. I was never given such a receipt, nor told that I needed to ask for or keep any particular paperwork in order to apply for the claim. Furthermore, the claim evaluation insisted that my baggage was delivered to me the same day, which it was not. I did not receive my luggage until 26 hours later, on the second day. The service has been deplorable. I do not recommend this airline if you value your luggage or your time.
RouteAddis Ababa to London via Istanbul

"Service was really bad"

Not Verified | Istanbul to Singapore. Perhaps one of the worst airline amongst the Middle East airlines. Despite being flown in and out of the brand new Istanbul Airport, both flights were delayed and made worst when there was no announcement by the airline nor by the airport. Service was really bad, with air crew shouting across aisle and at passengers. Unpleasant experience. Poor attempt at food. Best thing served was the still water. nly good thing of the airline is that it didn't bring me to destination. And this will be my last flight with them. Period.
RouteIstanbul to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"efficient crew on board"

Trip Verified | Kigali to Gatwick via Istanbul. Friendly and efficient crew on board. Took great care to ensure comfort and satisfaction on board. Excellent food and drink service. On time and simple transfer via the fab new IST airport and new TK biz lounge is really great.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A321
RouteKigali to Gatwick via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Horrible experience with Turkish"

Not Verified | Singapore to Catania via Istanbul. Because of my Turkish Airlines, TK55, scheduled to leave Singapore on May 5th 2019 right after midnight, was late, I could not take my connecting flight in Istanbul and I could only fly 11 hours later than scheduled to Catania, my final destination. In order to be reprotected on this other flight, I had to go through hell at the "Care Centre" service assistant. He repeatedly misunderstood my requests (Poor English? Poor attitude?). His supervisor couldn't care less and, for a couple of hours, all his colleagues refused to assist me. Also, throughout the new Istanbul airport, I could not find a single customer service assistant (youngsters who wear the "ask me" t-shirt around the airport) who could speak decent English. Horrible experience with Turkish Airlines and with the new Istanbul airport. Never again.
RouteSingapore to Catania via Istanbul

"a nightmare for all"

Not Verified | Miami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. Do not use Turkish Airlines if you can avoid them! The seats are extremely uncomfortable for the flight lengths they entail. The pilot never communicated or was reassuring with passengers on terrible turbulence. Flight attendants were unfriendly. They literally slammed the food on our trays and tossed rolls on them. Seats felt like hardwood. Terrible on backs. It was a nightmare for all 40 passengers on our group. No one slept on our 12-hour flight.
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul

"Avoid at all costs"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Doha to Milan via Istanbul. Flight TK781 delayed in Doha, lost connection. The connection flight was actually delayed, too, but did not wait for me (only 3 minutes late on the already delayed connection flight) although checked in. Arrived 4+ hours late in Milan with another flight, lost car reservation money, too. Avoid at all costs.
RouteDoha to Milan via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

" No Wheel Chair Support"

Trip Verified | I wish I can give them minus stars, They don't deserve even 1 Star. One of the worst airlines to fly with. Zero customer Service, No Courtesy, No support when flight cancels, No Wheel Chair Support, Baggage was Damaged. I can't even count problems with this Airline, I really don't know how they are flying at international level. It's my mistake I chose this airline to fly. Worst experience of my 20 years of flying history. I won't recommend anyone to fly with this airlines as I will never ever fly with them.
RouteChișinău to Istanbul

"In one word, awful"

Trip Verified | Chisinau to New York via Istanbul. In one word, awful! Nobody speaks proper English in Istanbul airport, I bought some goods from Moldovian duty free and when I got to Istanbul they say I’m not allowed to fly further with them since they were not purchased from Istanbul duty free. Who does that? All the stuff was not trashed but put safely on the corner so they can use it probably. In the plane I bought the 24 h internet which was not working at all, when asked why they just said the satellite is not working like thats not a big deal. This is definitely my last time I fly with this airline.
RouteChisinau to New York via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"probably the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to London via Istanbul. Travel a lot and in 25 years was probably the worst experience. Planes late and missing connections meaning I am now being rerouted to UK airport where I don’t want to go. Understand things go wrong but Turkish Airways are massively unhelpful and are like ghosts hiding in a brand new giant shopping centre pretending to be an airport - maybe teething problems but spent over an hour on a overcrowded bus to plane on the way out. Never again for me.
RouteDelhi to London via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Last time I shall fly Turkish"

Not Verified | Dhaka to Dublin via Istanbul. For my flight from Dhaka to Istanbul the flight was delayed due to late arrival of aircraft in Dhaka, and was approx 2 hours late in arriving at Istanbul. When I asked a crew member about the delay and what I can do upon arrival in Istanbul as I would not make my connecting flight he became extremely aggressive, he displayed the same attitude to other concerned customers on the flight. In Istanbul they arranged a hotel, but I found both the customer service service staff and the hotel booking staff to be extremely rude and unwilling to answer questions. I was approx 24hrs late in arriving at my final destination. They informed us that our pick up from the hotel for the rearranged flight was to be at 03:00am but the bus did not arrive until 03:30am. No apology was ever offered for any of the delays. I tried writing to Turkish Airlines but no joy, they are not in the least helpful or apologetic and their complaints procedure must be deliberately designed to frustrate aggrieved passengers. Last time I shall fly Turkish as I am concerned with the attitude of their staff and their aggressive behaviour.
RouteDhaka to Dublin via Istanbul

"most ridiculous airline"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Miami to Hong Kong via Istanbul. If you are a Vegetarian, do not fly with Turkish Airlines. I order vegetarian special meal VOML for my mother when flying with me in advance. When we flight with Turkish Airlines, they will serve her some food she can't touch from time to time such like eggs, cheese, cake with egg/ice cream. However the worse experience happened at the business class from IST to HKG TK070 flight. They served her a meatball as a starter? So I told this FA "We have a special meal but this apparently is a meatball that she cannot touch". This FA then replied me "I know you have a special meal,but this is just a starter, we always serve meals one by one". I asked him a question "If you are a Muslim and order a Muslim mean, how will you feel if you are served a pork as a starter?" I can't believe what he said the next moment. "I am OK with that" After hearing this answers, I was so furious and done talking with him then asked him to remove this meatball from my mother's table. This is the first time I was so angry at a cabin crew. After this terrible experience, I left a feedback at TK website. Their reply "special meal requests can be added for the main course only. Since we cannot provide this service for starters, they may include some milk products or meat" So they really don't care if their guests will get sick but still serving these bad foods for them. This is definitely the worse and most ridiculous airline I have even seen.
RouteMiami to Hong Kong via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"No more Turkish Airlines"

(Norway)

Not Verified | After having booked months time before we were informed shortly before our trip that Turkish Airlines had changed their timetable so that we could not fly from Mombasa to Oslo on a direct route, but had to stop overnight in Istanbul. Decided to make the best out of it and planned for it, including buying football tickets. When arriving Istanbul and consulting the Turkish Airlines desk we were advised to take a seat and wait for a shuttle bus. No one could tell us hos long we had to wait, the name of the hotel or were it was located. After one and a half hours we gave up, booked our one hotel and took a taxi. This to not lose our appointments in Istanbul, meeting up with others and reach the football game. You cannot expect customers who has paid for their tickets to accept to be brought to a place to stay for a night in Istanbul, waiting for hours, without learning the destination. No more Turkish Airlines.
RouteMombasa to istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"need better computer systems"

Trip Verified | London to Izmir via Istanbul. First time I’d flown TK. I found them very good in the air, cabin crew, planes, food, all very nice. Not so great on the ground, ground staff, call centre, computer systems. My flight from LHR was delayed so I missed the connection in Istanbul. Most ground staff don’t speak English, and I was given contradictory instructions from those that could speak a little English. I eventually got on a flight to Izmir three hours later, but it wasn’t an easy process, made worse by the vast distances one has to walk between gates in the cavernous new airport. Also, I’d phoned a TK call centre (based in Ukraine) to pay an extra £40 or so each way for extra leg room seats. However, as the departure times kept changing, my seats kept changing, and for the return leg to London from Istanbul I was not given an extra leg room seat. Luckily there was a spare exit row seat and the cabin crew sorted me out. Overall, I think their cabin crew and planes are very good, ground staff and call centre staff need better training and they all need better computer systems and software to work with.
RouteLondon to Izmir via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Our first and last flight"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Bucharest. We make our check in in the airport, they Take our luggage , we go to the gate and at the gate surprise they dont let uș board with two children, because they say the flight is overbooked. We had to wait in the airport with two children until 5 oclock in the morning until they bring uș to a hotel 2 hours far away from the airport without luggage, without eat without nothing. Our first and last flight with this airline.
RouteIstanbul to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2019

"it is getting worse and worse"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Prishtina via Istanbul. I flew with this company several times in the past years, and I can honestly say that it is getting worse and worse. I flew from Rome to Prishtina via Istanbul, all 4 flights had a delay (which apparently is pretty normal with Turkish). The ground staff is for the most part useless. In Istambul i have tried to ask a few information about a flight delay (i had just 30 minutes before the connecting flight) and the whole answer was: "Relax Sir, No problem Sir, It's okay". The new airport is a gigantic mess, very big and disorganized. When you land in Istanbul it takes about 20 to 25 minutes taxiing and other 10 minutes before they actually start disembarking, it's an exhausting experience especially if you are in a hurry. Forget about asking for some indication at the new airport, they all chat between each other, some with a coffee in their hands. I flew with four different aircraft on this trip, two were fairly new, the other two were old, seats worn. Food on board was of very poor quality.., let me repeat this, very...poor quality. In general i can say that crew is decently trained and deliver a good experience or at least they try, of course it is far from the experience you get flying Qatar or Emirates but still pretty good, while ground personnel, especially in Istanbul is the personification of the word Lazy. A complete disaster. I will try and avoid Turkish Airlines in the future, it is not a cheap company and definitely not worth for the money you pay. If you are in a hurry or you know you will be avoid this company and avoid the new istanbul airport at all costs.
RouteRome to Prishtina via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"has consistently maintained its quality"

Trip Verified | Flew on Turkish Airlines IAD-IST-KHI and return KHI-IST-IAD. Turkish Airlines has consistently maintained its quality since I first flew with them in 2007. The flights leave on time, the catering is excellent, the inflight entertainment is extensive and the interface easy to use, and the cabin crew is excellent. Interesting though the A330 on the KHI-IST route and return seemed to have more leg room and was newer than the A330 on the IAD-IST route which was showing its age. The A330 on the IAD-IST route had a slow responding interface for the inflight entertainment and a broken table on the return flight. But Turkish Airlines will be replacing the A330 on its flight to IAD with the 787 sometime in the summer. Turkish food was served on the return leg which I personally like, and I saw the cabin staff helping elderly passengers walk to the lavatory which was nice. Overall another wonderful experience with Turkish Airlines.
RouteWashington Dulles to Karachi