Turkish Airlines

Customer rating from 1950 reviews

"very depressing experience"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | The equipment and service on board is decent, however, customer service is unacceptable. While being abroad with Turkish, I suddenly needed to com back home because of my parent’s death to take care of the last farewell. I asked Turkish Airlines to rebook me to the earliest flight home. The airline requested various documents to prove the circumstances. I provided documents, which, however, have not been accepted as not sufficient. You might imagine how likely you are to get a full documentation while being abroad and in such a stressful moment. The flight availability was also not an issue. The airline had places on board of earlier flights but they were not flexible at all and denied any help, although it was not a cost for them. Overall, they seemed to be very bureaucratic, zero understanding of the circumstances, zero compassion. It was really very depressing experience, considering the situation I was in. Eventually, I was forced to book another ticket with other airline to return home ASAP. Moreover, I needed to separate from the rest of my family who was travelling with me, as I could not afford to fly everyone home at such a short notice, with very high ticket prices.
RouteWarsaw to Antalya
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Not a pleasant experience"

Not Verified | The only reason I have to use Turkish Airlines on this route is when the Aegean Airlines flight is full. Check in is carried out with the usual air of indifference. Covid compliance checks carried out efficiently by airport personnel at Athens Airport. Greeted at aircraft door by mask wearing crew upon boarding. Not overly friendly. Clean aircraft outside, but not inside. Announcements from cockpit pre departure given in very poor English. Difficult to understand. On time departure. Offered bottled water and individually wrapped cake by cabin crew who looked very disinterested and have a poor command of the English language. Landed early in to the monstrosity of Istanbul Airport. A huge and unnecessary complex. Turkish Airlines ground staff no here to be seen. Not a pleasant experience, thank goodness it's such a short flight.
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Best European business class product"

Trip Verified | SOF-AMS and BER-SOF via IST. Best European business class product. Turkish has resumed full service in Business class on the shortest intra-European routes (SOF-IST). The cabin staff was happy to provide their top-notch service, with high quality food and beverages provided. The hard-product on the short and medium-haul flights is unbeatable. A designated Business class section with comfortable business class seats. No other airline in Europe would offer a lay-flat seat on a 3 hour flight. Transfers at the IST airport are a pleasure, even if one needs to walk a bit further than usual. The TK lounge at IST puts the other European competitors to shame. Only notable issue during this trip was the ground experience at the new Berlin airport - for some reason TK business/elite do not qualify for priority security checks (only LH group airlines do). The security check was long and disorganized.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 777
RouteSofia to Amsterdam via Istanbul

"Great service and food"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Great service and food. Flight attendants helpful. Got my special meal with gluten free buns. Had dinner in a 2 hour flight, and 2 meals on a long 13 hour flight.
RouteZagreb to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"never issued any refund"

Trip Verified | My family and I arrived from Istanbul to Houston to take our final connection flight to Austin with United Airlines that was booked through Turkish Airlines. When we got to United Airlines counter, they informed us that our flight UA6159 that is indicated in the Turkish Airlines booking references doesn't exist. I asked United if they can issue a refund for us, but they advised that only Turkish Airlines can issue this refund since they were the ones who booked it. I reached out to Turkish Airline via emails and phone call but they never replied and never issued any refund although it's their fault.
RouteBaghdad to Austin via Istanbul / Houston
Date FlownJuly 2021

"The seat is comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | The seat is comfortable, the personal entertainment was the perfect screen size, the airplane new, the food delicious and the service above and beyond! They offer an amenity kit and a hygiene kit. Overall an excellent job and a great thanks to the cabin crew that were just exceptional and hard working.
RouteIstanbul to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I was impressed by the service"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | This is my first time travelling on board Turkish Airlines and I have to say I was impressed by the service, the aircraft and the value. The service was exceptional, the food was delicious and the flight was beyond anything I had expected.
RouteHong Kong to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"didn't accept my covid test"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Got ripped 700 Euros overall. Had a flight to my home country (I know their covid regulations, have a lot of relatives and friends flying in and out). The airlines didn't accept my covid test (asking for another type of test), but also yelled at me and didn't even provide a possibility of rebooking the flights for a later date. Lost even my flight back money as well.
RouteWarsaw to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"only be catching the second flight"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | They will do anything not to refund your money, it took them 3 weeks to investigate my issue after i called them every single day for 1-2 hours, sending them emails and feedbacks! They refused to do so for the first 10 days, but after my persistence, they issued me a ticket which I couldn't use due to their customer service incompetency! They didn't provide me with the required information when I told them that I won't catch the first flight but I will only be catching the second flight since I have already booked a different ticket, not one person from their customer service told me that it wont be possible to do so, so I had to book another ticket on another airlines after being stranded in the Turkish airport for 30 Hours! Turkish Airlines staff at the airport were very RUDE and refused to provide any help by telling me "then contact the feedback department" when i explained my situation! I have been sending them emails for 2 weeks to issue a refund and they are still refusing to acknowledge that it was their fault and are refusing to refund my money!
RouteHouston to Kuwait via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"took $340 for a basinet seat"

Not Verified | This company really sucks. They monopolize the air service. Prices almost doubled, cat transportation costs enormous $580 instead of $200 with Lufthansa. They just took $340 for a basinet seat for our infant, said this amount is not refundable and after that they couldn't confirm that we got the seat. One of the cashiers promised the basinet seat for us, printed our tickets and we had regular seats.
RouteNewark to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"our flight did serve alcohol"

Trip Verified | I was under impression no alcohol would be served to economy class, however, our flight did serve alcohol. Food on the way there was not good, however, returning flight (which also included alcohol for economy) was much better and closer to how I remember it being many years ago. When we boarded, our seating area hadn't been cleaned and there was trash from the prior flight in the storage area where the magazines and safety pamphlets are stored. Upon telling the stewardess about this she cleaned it up and proceeded to give my wife and I a bottle of wine each before we had taken off. Small things like this go a long way!
RouteIstanbul to Washington
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Stay away from Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Stay away from Turkish Airlines. They will do whatever they can not to refund your money even the issue is caused by them. Customer service is a joke. They will hang up to phone on your face. We are a victim of Turkish Airlines and they won’t refund our money, all they say is they would postpone the ticket to a further date and if the price of a ticket is more than the original one, we still have to pay for the difference even though it is not our fault at all.
RouteIstanbul to Izmir
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"My experience was not good"

Trip Verified | A flight attendant dropped hot coffee on my leg as he was rushing. He went and come back after 2/3 minutes with some napkins (tissue) and ask me to wipe my pant with the napkins. The whole time in flight I had to travel with a wet pant. There was no apologies for that. My experience was not good flying this airline. The flight attendants are rude with the passengers.
RouteDhaka to Miami via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"The airline is heartless"

Trip Verified | I will not fly this airline again. I booked two business tickets one for my father who has Alzheimer’s and one for myself. It was important for us to fly business class so that I can better help my father during the flight as he does not do well in crowded situations. Unfortunately while in Greece, my mother ended up in the hospital and ICU. I needed to fly back with my dad early to be with my mother. Turkish Air gave us no concession, even with the proof of hospitalization. They attempted to charge us an extra $3000 apiece to fly home one way. It was also impossible to communicate with the ticketing office during the weekend. We waited the extra day and my mother subsequently died in the hospital without us present. The airline is heartless. During the flight home, despite the fact that I informed every flight attendant of my dad’s condition, they were rude to him when interacting with him. None of the attendants Ever circulated in order to see if customers needed anything. Not a business class experience. Although the airport in Istanbul is beautiful, it is too large and unwieldy. I prefer Athens airport because it is smaller, has beautiful amenities and is very simple to navigate.
RouteAthens to New York via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

We had the worst experience"

Not Verified | We booked Turkish Airlines for our vacation in Turkey. To our surprise the flight was delayed due to mishandling of customers at the airport by the staff. The staff on ground was really mean, rude and had no ideas how to handle the customers. After not communication correctly multiple times about the check in counter, staff was yelling at the customers and not giving proper guidance about where to go. When asked about that, their responses were really mean. Staff behavior felt like we were traveling for free. Due to mismanagement, flight was delayed for more than 2 hours and they never apologized for that. In flight features and services were really bad including the seats which were really compact compared to normal Turkish Airline seat. This is probably because the carrier was from AnadoluJet. Had we known we would have not selected this and paid this much money for the ticket. Meal provided by Turkish during the flight is still the same COVID friendly bag which is good for nothing, whereas the other airlines are now back to their original meal options. We had the worst experience of traveling with Turkish Airlines.
RouteCologne to Antalya
Date FlownAugust 2021

"never fly them again they are rude"

Trip Verified | The first time they could not accommodate my date change. So they made me purchase a whole new ticket for my daughter and me in the promise of refunding my previous ticket. Never happened! They have this system in place where I could leave feedback which I did with no help just more and more excuses as to why I was not entitled to the refund. I entered the wrong Surname for my daughter because I kept my maiden name and I immediately sent her passport info to this "feedback" system. They told me I had to purchase another ticket for my daughter with the same promise of a refund! I was $3,000 in the hole and got angrier by the minute when I saw Expedia flights $2,000 cheaper for the same route. In total I called and spoke to 10 people with no success. I will never fly them again they are rude.
RouteLos Angeles to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"business class seat offered no privacy"

Trip Verified | This is the first time I traveled with Turkish Airlines. The plane I flew looked dated and the business class seat offered no privacy. They had nothing like the booth shape we see on modern airlines. Foodwise, it was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Definitely not at the level of Air France's business class. Inflight entertainment system was ok but movie selection all dated back to 2020.
RouteIstanbul to San Francisco
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"They don't deserve to be trusted"

Trip Verified | I would rather write a nasty review than try yet again to get compensation for my lost luggage. The fact that this airline is still running and is 3 stars is very very generous. They have no morals and rip people off right and left, apparently (I see many similar reviews). I will never use them again. They don't deserve to be trusted. They lost my luggage and are now giving me the run around.
RouteNew York to Venice via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"one of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | Today I had one of the worst experiences on an airplane. My gf was suppose to meet me via connecting flight which her flight was delayed from a different city. As I was boarding the plane I asked the cabin Crew that my girlfriend was waiting at the gate could you please let her in. Everyone on the plane was still putting away there luggage. All of sudden they didn't understand what I was saying as of a result my girlfriend had to spend 24 hours at the airport and couldn't leave the airport due to covid restriction. They wouldn't allow me to get off either as my luggage was now on the plane. I would never use this airline again.
RouteToronto to Milan via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Dinner and breakfast were very good"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I bought a very cheap return flight from HKG to CDG via IST for my summer holiday. There was one minor schedule change before the outbound flight but this wasn't inconvenient (departure was brought forward by 40 minutes). Document checks at the check-in counter and the gate were efficient. Upon boarding the aircraft, the crew handed out a Covid hygiene kit that included a quality face mask, small bottle of gel and some wipes. Turkish Airlines is making a big play of its safety precautions, with dedicated videos and the kit. The crew were professional and friendly. Dinner and breakfast were very good - main meals come with a small serving of hummus, which is very pleasant. Transfer at Istanbul airport was easy and worry-free. The IST-CDG flight was packed, but service standards were still good. On the basis of flights flown, Turkish Airlines didn't disappoint. My return flight scheduled on August 7 was first subject to a "schedule change" to August 22 four days before departure and then cancelled altogether, which obliged me to make alternative arrangements - which I was going to do anyway to navigate the constantly changing Hong Kong entry and quarantine requirements. Hopefully there will be a partial refund at some stage.
RouteHong Kong to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"do my utmost to avoid Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | This is my 5th time to fly Turkish. There have been some small improvements over the years however they are still far from being the “excellent to rated airline” as they advertise themselves to be. No one helped us upon boarding. The overhead bids were full of the bedding sets they put on. When I inquired were to put my stuff the flight attendant said to find another bin. I ended up moving the bedding supplies as 2 flight attendants watched. During flight no one was walking around to see if anyone needed anything. They were collected in the galley chatting. No toilet paper was in one of the toilets. Seats are not comfortable. They are flat beds but quite narrow. I always try to fly Star Alliance but do my utmost to avoid Turkish Airlines. It will be many years before I attempt another flight with them.
RouteMiami to Jakarta via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"did not respect the seat reservations"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Flew Mexico to Sarajevo in Business class with wife, one infant of 2.5 years old and a baby of 8 months. I don't have enough words to praise the cabin crew on the plane itself. They went out of their way to make the trip a really amazing experience. Nevertheless, the ground experience is by far the worse I've ever had with any airline in my life and I normally fly economy only. We were entitled 6 pieces of hand luggage of 8kg (a total of 48kg). Since we had a baby with us and an infant to take care of, we took 3 pieces of carry luggage of 8, 12 and 12kg (32kg) and no other personal items. The ground agent insisted that the 12 and 12kg be separated into one additional bag, which we didn't have with us. The baby started crying and the infant was restless, so fighting the kids and the ground crew of Turkish Airlines I had to remove the baby food from the carry on (around 2.5kg), baby blanket for the plane and some other items which were then tagged separately and we had to carry them through the airport like that. Also, they did not respect the seat reservations we had, since they say that they reserve the right to move people around the plane which ended up with us not sitting together for the final leg of the journey. Not something one would expect from a business class service since whoever has carried a baby through the airport knows what it comes down to running with two kids and a couple of loose items. (a picture of the tagged items attached) Previously I have flown with children on Lufthansa (where three of us had only one hand luggage weighing 11kg) and on Austrian, Aeromexico, LOT and we never had such issues although we always flew economy. Landing at the airport in Istanbul, going through the security there are signs that there is a separate line for families with children, but it doesn't exist and instead there is one line for everyone. The lounge was overcrowded to such an extent that there were long lines for the bathroom. An amazing flight experience with a terrible ground crew.
RouteMexico to Sarajevo via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"poor service from Turkish Airlines"

Trip Verified | Check-in process is functional but lacks any polite interaction with the passenger. Boarding is the usual scramble with people trying to push in. Greeted at door, nothing special, clean aircraft outside, inside not so clean. On time departure, announcements from flight deck in very poor English. The usual can't be bothered attitude from cabin crew. Seats close together in Economy, limited legroom. A poor service from Turkish Airlines. Not recommended.
Date FlownAugust 2021

"by far the best airline ever"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines is by far the best airline ever! I have flown with British Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and American Airlines and none of them are as good as Turkish Airlines. I am talking about economy class. They gave you a great cute bag of amenities, it is almost the same as the bags that Ipsy gives (for people who don't know know, Ipsy is a make-up subscription). Inside, there is a toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, lipstick (a good brand), eye patches for sleeping and hand cream. Their economy class bathrooms are just like first-class. They give pillows and blankets. They offer several newspapers in the entrance. The seats are very comfortable. The staff are friendly. The TV and shows are great and there are many movies. The food is plenty and delicious. They give you free food and water anytime you want. They always do this on long-haul flights (I flew recently). Regarding the short-haul flight (its been a while), they used to give food and amenities as well. I don't know whether it changed. British Airways sell food on short haul and they don't give amenity kits to short-haul passengers at all (I don't know about long-haul). I think the people who wrote bad comments about Turkish Airlines mostly flew with Business or First Class as there is not much difference between economy and these classes compared to other airways.
RoutePhoenix to Ankara
Date FlownMay 2021

"not a good business model"

Not Verified | This is pretty interesting. This is my second time visiting Turkey and I am not sure there will be a third if I have to fly Turkish Airline. I made it clear to the airline that I have a broken leg and needed a wheel chair. I got to Istanbul and was waiting to be transported by my terminal which was approximately 30 minutes walk with a broken leg. Turkish Airlines have not even acted like there was a problem when they saw me hopping and rushing so that I didn't missed my flight. This is unacceptable and not a good business model.
RouteAntalya to Miami via Istanbul

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. I booked a flight with them for my whole family. I also booked my dog. 1 week before the flight they changed the aeroplane size and they told me I can’t fly my dog anymore. I was so upset but I decided to find another airline and when I asked for my money back they told me they can’t give me it all back and kept $1300 for penalties. It wasn’t my fault they booked me with my dog then decided to change the aeroplane. They are horrible stealing from people when it’s their fault they changed the aeroplane size and now left me with -1300 on my card and having to find a new aeroplane in a week that would take my dog. Shame on you doing this to travellers. They lost a forever client.
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Only get your ticket and don't ask for anything because you won't get it"

Not Verified | The worst airline on the planet: Only get your ticket and don't ask for anything because you won't get it. We paid for extra legroom seats almost $500 extra and we did not get them. We paid to select our seats and they gave us different seats. We asked for the bassinet and we did not get it. We called to ask for the weight of the suitcases and they told us 30 kilo per bag when we get there they say it's actually 23 kilos. They don't care that they gave us the wrong information, They fined us for each bag. They said sorry we don't have extra leg room seats left. Are you kidding me? You already know how many extra legroom seats you have and to how many people did you sell those? Turkish Airlines is a thief and wants your money. They have the most horrible customer service and you will never see your money back. Don't waste your time asking for a refund.
RouteNewark to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Worst airline I have flown with"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I have flown with! No customer care, expensive tickets that do not match the service provided, awful food, uncomfortable seats will no leg room. They will not refund your ticket. Never had such a bad experience with another airline.
RouteIstanbul to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Horrible experience with Turkish Airlines"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Horrible experience with Turkish Airlines ground staff. The worse customer service. We were Flying from Ljubljana via Istanbul to Qatar with layover in Istanbul for 12:05h. When I went to customer service information desk and inquire about my entitlement for the layover time the agent was very rude and she told me that my layover is only 11:45h and I only can get a food vouchers. I try to prove that she is wrong but she refuse to listen to me and she stand up and start argument with me asking me what is my problem. My husband who stood behind start to record her behavior as well the behavior of the supervisor who I ask to speak with. The supervisor refuse to talk to me and she literally send out of the counter two man who came to my husband face and start to threaten to us “if you don’t erase immediately video they will call police and as well we will deboard you from next flight”. They not only push in to my husband face they did the same with me and make our child cry who was terrified watching the scene. One of the man ask me for the flight tickets and when I handed over to him he rip them ... there was a lot going on until we decide to erase video that capture their misbehavior.
RouteLjubljana to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"thank the Manila ticketing staff"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I would like to thank the Manila ticketing staff because she gave me the email address where i can tell my problem. After my email to them. They respond so quickly and they give me hope that they will try to find. Everyday, they gave me updates. until the day that they email me that my passengers have confirm slots. Thank you for the assistance that you rendered to me.
RouteLondon to Manila via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"didn’t care, staff was very rude"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines canceled my flight was on 3 August 21 it was direct flight to Dublin they changed it on 11 aug 21 it was 36 hours duration. I asked while talking on the phone “they will provide me hotel in the airport "he said yes if you have stay over 12 hours you will get hotel". When I reached at Istanbul they denied to provide me hotel and also gave me meal voucher (one time use only) with 2 pieces of chicken and yogurt, I stayed at airport 24 hours, but they didn’t care, staff was very rude.
RouteKarachi to Dublin via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"decided to deny us boarding"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | They lack trained professionals that know how to respond to customers needs and then when issues arise, they treat their customers with the utmost disdain and lack of professionalism. My family and I had tickets to travel from Bucharest to Chicago. We had all the required paperwork - passports and visas, covid tests, purchased plane tickets, we had verified the validity of our travel documents with the US Consulate in Romania, with Turkish Airlines themselves, checked ALL the requirements online including on Turkish Airlines website, IATAs website, US embassy’s website and had everything in order. Turkish airlines flew us from Bucharest to Istanbul on the first leg of the flight without any issues whatsoever. Then after waiting 7 hours in Istanbul to board the flight to Chicago, they decided to deny us boarding, claiming that they “called the US Customs in Chicago” and they are denying us. We also called the US Customs in Chicago within minutes and they assured us that Turkish had not called them and that’s not the procedure. They refused to work with us on a solution to fly us back to our country, we were stranded in the airport in Istanbul for hours. We had to purchase tickets to return home, since Turkish could not care less about what should happen to us. It’s been weeks trying to deal with their inexistent, unqualified customer service and they keep claiming that it’s US who denied us. They refuse to show any proof of such denial.
RouteBucharest to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"a refusal to issue a refund"

Trip Verified | I have used the airline multiple times without any major problems. The only issue that I had was that their website always had many bugs on it and occasionally I would need to resubmit the information several times before it actually works. But that didn't affect the flight experience. But this all changed recently. The airline has refused to give me the specific seats that I have paid for in advance. Not only that, but they have also refused to issue a refund on those seat purchases. Essentially, their customer services are no better than a low-coster. I bought tickets for Male - Istanbul flight and paid extra for specific seats (24J and 24K) to make sure I sit next to my girlfriend on that flight. And I specifically chose the seats with extra leg room, which are the most expensive seats in Economy class. However, despite the fact that I have paid in advance for the specific seats on that flight, we have been denied access to the seat 24K. That seat was allocated to someone else. Essentially, I have been denied the specific service I have paid for. Because we wanted to sit together, neither me nor my girlfriend got the seats we paid for. Instead, once the boarding has been completed, we have been moved to inferior seats in the middle of the cabin, as those were the only ones available. I have made three attempts to contact the company and get a refund. First time, they said they didn't wan to hear about my complain, because I need to do it through the online form and not by sending an email to them. Second time, they refused to deal with it, claiming that I haven't put some specific reference number in the text that wasn't even mentioned in the instruction. That was despite the fact that I have put enough information to make me easily identifiable as a passenger. Third time, when I have included every reference number I could find, I have received a refusal to issue a refund. It took me a while to understand what the reply actually said, as it used really awful English grammar, but they claimed that those substandard seats were equivalent to the ones I purchased. But they were not, as isle middle isle seats and window seats are very different and had different amount of leg room. Also, the customer representative has claimed that, even with the change, me and my girlfriend were still issued seats together. I don't know if they realise it, but having an isle between our seats is definitely NOT classed as seating together! I will still consider all the options for getting the refund. I've paid over £125 for those seats that I was refused to be given, so I will consider making a complaint to relevant authorities or even contacting my bank for a chargeback. And I will not tolerate such a behaviour from an airline that doesn't present itself as a low-cost. Turkish Airlines is not the only airline that flies to Maldives, Bali, Seychelles or Thailand that I visit at least once a year. Etihad, Emirates and Qatar do it too.
RouteMale to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"absolute worst customer service"

Trip Verified | The absolute worst customer service i've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. After booking a ticket online which was booked as being changable though not refundable, and booking an extra empty seat, when trying to change my flight date i could no longer do it online because of the extra seat, which i booked ONLINE so no idea why they sell it if they cant then handle the rest of the customer journey. Then when i called customer service, the first person told me the system was down, the next 2 people told me there's nothing they could do and suggested i call the local sales office, while I'm in a country with no local sales office, where my flight origin has no email or telephone number for that sales office, and where the country I'm landing in has no published sales office. So there's absolutely no one for me to call. And then after messaging them on twitter, again absolutely no help, where they told me to call customer service, and then to call the local sales office again. My flight is Monday, all sales offices are closed on the weekend anyway even if i wanted to call, and now I'm forced to buy a new ticket or to exit the airport during my transit and try to deal with what will most likely be a sales office who are just as useless as everyone else has been so far. So far the worst experience i've ever had dealing with an airline, and in all honesty i would never fly with them again if i had a choice.
RouteIstanbul to Malta

"Bad customer support"

Not Verified | I reserved a booking for 40 dollars for the 3rd September 2021. When I tried to pay online, it gave me an error message. When I called customer support, they charged me an extra 100 dollars, saying it's pretty much not their problem and it's a service charge for them helping me pay for a ticket I already reserved for a set price. I paid and then called back, and they said the payment did not go through even though it left my bank. I have used Turkish Airlines 5 times before, and this is the last time. When I asked them about my refund of the 40 dollars, they said I had to make a complaint online. Bad customer support, bad systems and a bad company. They also don't understand English or Russian fully. I spoke to them on the phone for 50 minutes, trying to talk to them in Russian and English, and they had difficulty understanding. I initially flew to Kazakstan with Air Astana and just booked tickets back with them.
RouteDublin to Nur-Sultan via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"customer service is the worst"

Trip Verified | I booked my ticket to fly from Vancouver to Singapore and the from Singapore, my transit was on a different itinerary from Singapore to Papua New Guinea. I was denied boarding in Turkey, reason being that if I want to transit in Singapore, I have to transit to Singapore Airlines and not any other airlines. I was stranded there for 2 days, The options they gave me was to change my flight in Singapore from Air Niugini to Singapore or go back to Canada, I explained to them that Singapore Airlines don't go to my country, they said that's the only option if you want to go to your country. I just said, give me another ticket back to Canada, they did after 10 hours. Thank God, my PCR test was still valid so I can travel back to Canada. Their customer service is the worst in the world. You cannot talk to them, they are useless.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 M
RouteVancouver to Singapore via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"blaming everything on a pandemic"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Let's start with the positive: Outbound: LUX-IST-ADB: Great in-flight experience. Fantastic food, great selection of drinks and friendly staff. Great domestic lounge bus shuttle service from gate to plane. Inbound: ADB-IST-LUX: Nice lounge at Izmir airport, perfect experience from Lounge to plane by bus, no need to wait in any queues at the airport. Again fantastic food selection and great service during the flight from IST to LUX. What was not so good: Total chaotic boarding at Luxembourg airport. no priority boarding, no social distancing! At Istanbul airport, there were no fast track transfer desks at all for both ways. I had to walk outside the airport pass the luggage claim, then walk back inside the terminal through the check-in area in order to get to a fast track zone! Return in Luxembourg: No priority luggage claim at all, all economy passengers received their luggage ahead of every single business class passenger! I could live with the somehow bad experience at airports et cetera, it is still quite chaotic considering the fact that were in the middle of a pandemic but I cannot accept the attitude from Turkish Airlines Customer service after I complained to them! I received a basic computer generated mail in which they talk about how they take safety very serious and that I can use their website to see all their guidelines in place! Then about the fast track, they do not take any responsibility just stating that it is the airport's responsibility to handle that and I could contact them to complain there. They did not even bother to give a comment on the luggage, I just received a link about lost, damaged and delayed baggage! It is not only the inflight service and experience that counts but also the whole trip from door to door! And blaming everything on a pandemic is an easy way to avoid taking responsibility!
AircraftBoeing 737 / A321
RouteLuxembourg to Izmir via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"are unable to use these tickets"

Trip Verified | I have 500 CHF on two open tickets and I'm unable to reuse them for new flights. Turkish Airlines lost all my trust and I regret being their customer. They are robbing money from me and the call center is absolutely useless and unresponsive. We made 2 tickets in March 2021 from GVA to IST (round-trip), which we had to convert to open tickets because of COVID restrictions. Since May, we are trying again and again to call and use the two open tickets to schedule new flights, and each single time it's impossible. I have open two feedbacks in May that went nowhere. They didn't call me or solved the problem and they even lied telling me they could not find the recordings of my calls (despite me giving proof of at least 10 calls in few days). Fast forward to these days, we still are unable to use these tickets. I have called again (three times) and every time the issue is unsolved. My open tickets cannot be used. And each time a customer representative gives me a different answer. They lie and bounce the issue from one to another. They are a mess and their complicated customer support system is created to screw customers. There is no transparency (they don't send confirmation emails when you perform such transactions) and they take advantage of this. Now they asked me to open another feedback, which I did but I have lost all my trust. I know that money is lost.
RouteGeneva to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"a nightmare with this company"

Trip Verified | We are living a nightmare with this company. My parents and my niece (5 years old) were supposed to fly Cluj-Istanbul-Chicago in July 26th 2021. They flew from Cluj to Istanbul, waited there 6.55 hours to board to Chicago. When they were about to enter the plane people from the gate took their tickets and passports, without any explanation, and they weren't allowed to enter the plane. So, I called them and they said they got orders from Chicago Airport not to allow my parents to enter the US. We contacted the US Custom Border Protection and they said there is no restrictions for people that come from Romania, like my parents. My parents waited 30 hours in the airport to find a solution and then they had to buy a ticket to fly back to Cluj. We've been trying to find a solution to this mess for 3 days. Turkish airline gave us answers like “check the US restrictions” which we did and there is no restrictions for us. They don't answer the question why didn't they allow my parents to go to Chicago. Their call center people said they don't have access to see or do more than that. The truth is that they didn't know Romania is not in the Schengen Area, and somebody made a huge mistake. We are still waiting the answer to our 15 calls and 5 complaints.
RouteCluj to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"customer service is absolutely lacking"

Trip Verified | If you are flying to Turkey from within the United States and vice versa I would not recommend Turkish Airlines unless you are flying out of one of their main hub airports like LAX, SFO or JFK. This is the fourth time in a row we have flown with Turkish Airlines where some portion of the domestic leg of our trip had a cancellation or delays with domestic carriers that Turkish Airlines does not take any responsibility for although we paid them for those flights. They also don't provide notice when the domestic carrier makes scheduling changes. This years debacle involved Turkish Airlines booking a connecting flight on Alaska Airlines from our home town to LAX where we were to board the Turkish Airlines flight to Istanbul. This flight was so delayed we had to book a separate flight on another carrier and then pick up and transfer our bags once we reached LAX in order to catch the Istanbul flight. When we contacted Turkish Airlines about this on the day of the delay they told us there was nothing they could do about it until the end of our trip. Now at the end of our trip I contacted Alaska Airlines who report that Turkish Airlines did not pay them for those tickets, and when I contact Turkish Airlines about getting reimbursed for the flight we paid for and never used I am getting the royal runaround. I have been flying with Turkish Airlines for more than 20 years, and although I have known for years that their customer service is absolutely lacking in anything resembling service things have gotten worse. I would recommend Lufthansa, United or American. The food is not as good as on Turkish Airlines but you will experience less headaches. Also, I would highly recommend Alaska Airlines. Although this was not at all their problem as this was a Turkish Airlines service failure, all of the Alaska Airlines employees we worked with were incredibly courteous, helpful and generous in helping me on the day of the trip and at the end as I seek to get a refund for the tickets we never used.
RouteLos Angeles to Izmir via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"15-hour flight lasted for three days"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | In Kiev we were registered without any problems for a flight to Vancouver with a transfer in Istanbul. However, apparently the company is guilty of overbooking, of which my son and I became a victim, and, as a result, our 15-hour flight lasted for three days. In Istanbul, the airline gave us an obscure background check on the reasons for entering Canada for my son, who has a valid student visa and study permit. Still in an atmosphere of terrible nervousness, because the check was carried out in the last minutes before going on the plane. In the end, we were allowed to board the plane, but by that time the exit was already closed, the landing was over, and the plane flew to Vancouver without us. There were about 10 people like us on this flight, some returned to Kiev, and some, like us, agreed to fly to Vancouver on the next flight every other day. The fact that all this was not accidental, namely with the aim of weeding out excess passengers, is evidenced by the fact that our luggage did not fly to Vancouver, but somehow also remained in Istanbul. And upon arrival in Canada, it turned out that the question that interested Turkish Airline so much was not at all relevant for the Canadian border guards, since they did not contain any comments regarding the grounds for entering the country. Since we had to wait two days in Istanbul for the next flight, there was a question about the hotel. The airline refused to put us in a hotel. Therefore, we had to pay for accommodation and food in Istanbul out of our own pocket. Although, the legislation in such cases stipulates that the airline must provide such passengers with accommodation and three meals a day and even communication. However, any attempts to prove something were threatened to deprive us of even those tickets for the next flight that we were promised. To top it all off, upon claiming luggage in Vancouver, it turned out that three of our four suitcases were destroyed, broken, torn apart, that is, beyond repair. The day after the flight, I filed a complaint about the suitcases on the airline's website, as well as a complaint demanding to reimburse the cost of the hotel and food in Istanbul, as well as to pay compensation prescribed by law. However, the airline ignored my requests, which left me no choice but to go to court.
RouteKiyv to Vancouver via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"would not let us go to the gate"

Trip Verified | We were stuck in a traffic for 2 hours due to a burning vehicle on a highway. We still arrived at the airport 1 hour before departure and they would not let us go to the gate. After, we have been on the phone with them for 12 hours the next day and they said they can change our plane for $8,900 when I originally bought it for $4,600.
RouteBoston to Kyiv via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"constant deterioration of services"

(Netherlands Antilles)

Trip Verified | Unfortunately we witnessed the constant deterioration of services of Turkish Airlines. The cabin staff barely speaks English, do not keep an eye on the clients, the food and especially the drinks are under the services offered 3 years ago. Our overall experience is that they cut costs by eliminating entire categories of drinks, food and in flight entertainment. We only fly with them because we do not have another option from our location.
RouteNiamey to Cluj napoca via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2021

"This seems like a gross exploitation of travelers"

Trip Verified | The flight Vancouver-Istanbul was 52 minutes delayed. I was told I had to get my boarding pass printed in Istanbul. We arrived at gate at 15.47. According to signs, it is 33 minutes straight to the gate. Boarding was at 16.05. I had to go to the Service desk to get boarding pass re-printed. The clerk went to the back and was gone for about 20 mins. Reasons unknown. Then I had to wait in security again which took another 20 minutes. I ran and got to the gate at 17.05 but nobody was there. Plane was still there. Went to TA customer service desk where they took about 30 mins to write information down and sent me to another desk. I was then informed I will have to re-book flight leaving in the morning and pay for another ticket. I tried to call customer support in Canada, US, UK, Turkey but nobody picked up. The staff in Istanbul quoted me 180 USD for TL1237 next day, which I was forced to pay in order to get out of Istanbul. I had no wifi but when I checked online later, the same flight was Cad$ 150 (about 50% cheaper). This seems like a gross exploitation of travelers in an already vulnerable situation. I was so exhausted by the long flight and stress, I collapsed on the floor. I spent a total of about 7 hrs from time I landed to the time I checked into a hotel. I had not eaten for about 10 hrs by that time. Horribly incompetent and unhelpful staff in Istanbul. The requirement to pay again for an overpriced ticket in Istanbul is outrageous as I already paid for an entire ticket all the way to Vienna. Especially when the delay was caused by actions of Turkish Airlines. This is crooked business practices taking advantage of travelers who are stuck at the airport.
RouteVancouver to Vienna via Istanbul

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. We were departing from LAX, supposed to layover in Istanbul, then fly to Amman. During the flight we had to emergency land and the crew would not inform us of what happened. We were already 3-4 hours into the flight and they wanted to fly us back to LAX even though we were over Chicago. Later they told us the window by the pilots had a crack in it, so for safety we were going to emergency land and apparently this is a common issue with their planes. After everyone on the plane was asking to land in Chicago because we were flying over it, they instead landed and stranded us in JFK airport in New York. The crew was going to inform us what to do as the plane landed but never did. 300 people were stuck at JFK and we all had to go to one small terminal in an enclosed space and retrieve all our luggage. This happened around 5AM. It took almost 3 hours to get my family's luggage. Then we had to wait outside for another 3-4 hours to wait for small shuttles that can only fit about one family to take us to a hotel. We ended up booking at a nearby hotel and took an Uber, otherwise we would have to wait even longer in the cold. When my wife and I tried to contact the Turkish Airlines helpline and JFK they were extremely rude and closed the phone multiple times in our faces. We were stuck in New York for 18 hours. Finally, I was able to book a flight for 11pm after countless attempts of trying to get help. We ended up spending $600 in New York because Turkish Airlines refused to help us. $90 for the Uber to and from the hotel which was 10 minutes away. $400 for the hotel. Additional costs for food and another Uber ride ($90) to the airport and back to the hotel trying to get the airline to book us a new flight. We lost an entire day due to Turkish Airlines' negligence. They're extremely rude and don't communicate. Also, I had paid extra to have seats with more legroom. Once we got on the flight our seats weren't where they were supposed to be. We realized they changed the plane without informing us. I talked to a crew member and compared emails of our flight to show this was the case and they confirmed it. So, we lost more money there too. Just now I was trying to delay my return flight (back to LAX) for another week. I called Expedia and they could not help because of Turkish Airlines restrictions and told me to call them. So, I called Turkish Airlines 800 number and the man on the phone was very rude and dismissed any questions I had. He said I had to contact the JFK office to change my flight because when we were stuck in New York, we booked a new ticket (not sure how that’s connected). Even though Turkish Airlines messed up my flight, I had to contact JFK. So he gave me an email address and told me to email them for help. I did and asked to delay my flight. The email bounced back stating I wasn’t an “authenticated sender”. Very frustrating experience!
RouteLos Angeles to Amman via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not one was able to get out on time"

Trip Verified | Four flights on this airline and not one was able to get out on time, especially since they seem more concerned with cargo than passengers or luggage. O'Hare was the worst location both ways ... over an hour at the gate after departure time due to loading cargo going out, making us late and almost everyone missing their connections in Istanbul. Coming into terminal 5, we had to wait for our luggage off the plane for 2.5 hours. Missed local transportation options twice in that time period (every 1.5 hours) and had to sit at Chicago for an additional hour and a half. Only positive was that they didn't balk at giving us a hotel room in Istanbul to wait out the 12 hours, though I doubt I will see my visa fee back to wait at said hotel. Oh yeah, and the customer service line doesn't pick up.
RouteChicago to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2021

"their response is nonsense"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Attracted me by the lowest price, I bought a round trip flight. Then due to the COVID situation in Brazil had to change my layover to Panama and their service told me I am good to go. Then just two hours before the flight boarding assistant told me I can't fly and have to call them. They were switching me back and forth to different operators and finally told me they can't help me and suggested to write a private feedback on the official site. Feedback review took a whole week, their response is nonsense: they apologized for a bad experience and told me I should call to code sharing partner, Copa Airlines, I didn't pay anything to them, I paid Turkish, not Copa.
RouteLima to Panamá via Istanbul

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. hardly anyone speaks English. I am supposed to fly out of Atlanta to Karachi. First they cancelled our flight than they asked us to call customer service or rebook our tickets to another date. Our initial date to fly out of Atlanta was July 13th, they cancelled it. Which I received an email, When I called their customer support. Called multiple times spoked to 4 or 5 individuals, was very hard to understand them, no clear directions or fixing the issue. I spoke to a lady that reissued our ticked to July 16th and said everything should be good now, But a week later When I went to their website and checked my flight information. I found out that she did not reissued our ticked instate she left the booking uncompleted and their is no way to change your tickets online. I couldn't print my flight information and had to start contacting them again.
RouteAtlanta to Karachi via Istanbul

"Don't fly them"

Trip Verified | Horrific customer service dealings. My sister suppose to fly out of Karachi with her kids to attend our nephews wedding in Los Angeles. First they cancelled their flight than they forced them to book on July 14th flight and said that no other flights are available before 14th. After checking their website I have noticed that they had 4 flights were available before 11th. I contacted their corporate office multiple times and I was advised to wait until next day and they will fix this issue and rebook the family without penalizing them. They have wasted our time until July 6th and until all the flight before 14th are completely booked. I am still waiting for their call but it is too late because they don't have any seats available anymore. She and kids are going to miss the wedding now. Shame on them. Don't fly them.
RouteKarachi to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"he said this is our new price"

Not Verified | I bought this ticket for my mom, we changed the ticket two times, first from June 28 to July 17 for $58, then from July 17 to June 28, first they told us over the phone that the difference is $145 and he gave me a reservation number and I should wait for their call to confirm it. After a couple days, I hadn't heard back from them and I called, after an hour waiting on the call, they said the ticket difference is $298. I said you told me $145 two days ago and now your price is this? and he said this is our new price, if you want to change your day, here is the price. The day of my mom's flight, I called to request unsalted food because she has high blood pressure and they don't have it on their menu .. finally, they got the flight after 2.5-3 hours delay without any apologies or providing water or snack for them.
RouteWashington to Mashhad via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2021

"They refuse to give me a refund"

Not Verified | I booked my flight with Turkish Airlines in the summer of 2020. Due to COVID, they cancelled my flight 3 times. Eventually, I just took the voucher, planning to use it next year, and spent a $1000 on another airline for my current trip. So next year comes along, I try to book my ticket in the summer of 2021. They have only 2 flights a week. I spent hours on the website trying to find a flight within $1000. I cannot use the voucher online to pay for the ticket, even though it was issued to me directly by Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines doesn't pick up their phone half the time. I wasted around 20 hours on Turkish Airlines trying to find good flights on the website and then on the phone, trying to get a customer service agent to book my ticket online. When I have a flight reservation on hold that is within my budget, Turkish Airlines tells me they can't book my flight on the phone. When the reservation hold has expired, suddenly they can and tell me my options that cost me >$2,500. TLDR; They refuse to give me a refund and refuse to let me book with my voucher.
RouteChicago to Karachi via Istanbul

"very unpleasant staff"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever, very unpleasant staff, not responsible and not helpful at all, especially in the sales office, not honest, absolutely careless . Impossible to reach them for help,
RouteDubai to Malaga via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2021

"I advise you to stay away"

Trip Verified | This airline is an absolute nightmare. I do not recommend it to anyone. If you get a hold of customer service every single representative will have a different answer for you. I called to ask about changes to a flight for my husband and I together. I only wanted to know the cost before booking. In the process the representative booked my husband's flight for a different date without permission. The call then dropped and I had no idea he did this. I waited for the representative to call back and he did not. I called back and told them my ticket number to find out "your husband's flight has been booked for July 6th now" I was shocked. I told them that I did not make this change and they told me to put in a feedback form complaint. For which I have not heard back. I told them I do not want the change. We want to fly together as per the July 10th flight. They made us pay more $$$ just to change the flight back to the original. If I did not pay $$$ within 72 hours they would cancel his flight and there would be no refund no nothing. This airline is so lost its unbelievable. They're all on different pages. Every time I call to get any kind of information they all give me different answers! Every time you call it is like a lottery system, you never know what the response will be. One person will tell you "You can change your flight for 3 dollars" while another person will say "The flight change will be $300 dollars." One person will say "Fully refundable you get all your money back" another will say "Penalty on each ticket". One person will say "Refund will process on to your card in 1 week". Another person will say "The refund will be only in cash and will take 2-3 months and you have to pick up." How will I pick up if I am leaving the country? Nothing adds up with this terrible company. I advise you to stay away. We are cancelling both my husband and my ticket although we will lose money just so we will not have to fly with this airline. We are even cancelling our Istanbul trip as I cannot stand traveling with these people or dealing with them anymore.
RouteToronto to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. The staff are rude and their online feedback and complain services also useless, with no useful feedback or response. The plane itself is ok but the service and staff are of the worst quality I have experienced
RouteDhaka to Madrid via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"received a tasty breakfast"

Trip Verified | A short very early morning flight with full service. We received a tasty breakfast on a 2½ hour flight. Staff was friendly and professional, and very good service. The A321 neo we flew in was noticeably quieter than the regular one, the cabin seats comfortable. We landed in time at the new Istanbul Airport.
AircraftA321 neo
RouteTbilisi to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2021

"always seem to have an attitude issue"

Not Verified | The attitude problem begins at check-in. No smiles, cold reception, just going through the motions. Mask wearing cabin crew meeting passengers upon boarding, nothing special. Clean A321 on the outside. Delayed departure. Have travelled this route before and my first choice is ALWAYS Aegean Airlines and with good reason. Turkish customer service on this route is always below standard. Sometimes it's operated by a big B777 but it makes no difference, cabin crew always seem to have an attitude issue. Very poor service in the air matched by equally bad attitudes from Turkish staff upon arrival in IST. Huge airport, arrival gate miles from the exit. Not a good experience.

"exceptional service"

Not Verified | I called Turkish Airlines office in Toronto to make reservation for my dog to fly with us to Istanbul. She was very professional, answered every question I had, complete the reservation explaining to me all the details. She also helped with Miles & Smiles. I am a frequent flyer with Turkish Airlines and will continue so. Service is great, staff always smile and enjoy serving us, food is number one in the world and unlimited drinks. I recommend everyone to experience exceptional service with Turkish Airlines.
Date FlownJuly 2020

"economy they do not serve any alcohol"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Before I thought this is good airline, not anymore. During covid i have flown every month with it, sometimes business and sometimes economy. In economy they do not serve any alcohol but in business they do.
RouteIstanbul to Miami
Date FlownJune 2021

"they treated me so badly"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline. The airline preponed my flight and I had 22 hrs transit in Istanbul. Above all, I accepted the offer because I had an emergency and I needed to fly anyway. They did not give any information beforehand, I tried to contact the service center and even went to the airport to find someone at the service desk if possible but it almost impossible to communicate with the airline. I tried to request the staff through telephone they convinced me that my request for a hotel room in Istanbul airport will be accepted. when I reached the airport for check-in they demanded that I need to apply for an e-visa that would cost 120€. I was about to miss my flight but the staff was so not cooperative even the person at the service desk was very rude. However, I finally managed to get on board. I expected to get a room in the airport Hotel in Istanbul, but my request was rejected. It was the worst experience spending time in Istanbul airport for 22 hrs. Maybe because I was an economy class passenger, they treated me so badly but I think it is someway their responsibility until I reach my destination. Those 22 hrs in Istanbul airport was a trauma for me. I would not recommend traveling with this airline.
RouteCologne to Kathmandu via Istanbul

Turkish Airlines customer review

Not Verified | I have flown with Turkish Airlines over a 100 times in business and in economy and they have never disappointed me. Always great staff, great food, good inflight entertainment, free headphones and blankets, new planes except TK35. I highly recommend this airline.
Date FlownJune 2021

"I had to stay in the airport for 26 hours"

(Iraq)

Trip Verified | If you have an option not to fly Turkish, then please do. You will save your self a lot of money, time and effort wasted. I have booked a flight on Turkish with Transit time of 2 hours. 24 Hours before the departure time, they changed the transit flight and the transit time has become 26 hours instead of 2 and they did nothing in return to help me! I called the customer service and they confirmed to me that I will receive a hotel accommodation for my 26 hours transit time as soon as I arrive to Istanbul. I arrived to Istanbul, boom! There is no hotel accommodation for me! I had to stay in the airport for 26 hours suffering from noise and being tired and they did nothing to me. I filed a case and it took them 20 hours to review it! So they just wasted my money, my time and my efforts. Never do Turkish again! Also, be careful with the Hotel Office, they will do anything to not give you the hotel!
RouteMilan to Baghdad via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"denied boarding by TK ground staff"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel with Turkish Airlines on 19 of May 2021. We were relocating together with my family. I was supposed to fly with Turkish Airlines together with my cat so she can fly in the cabin. My husband and twins were supposed to fly next day with Etihad Airways because its a day flight so children sleep will not be disrupted. It took me a while to organise everything. I am a citizen of Belarus, resident of UAE, wife of a Greek citizen and a mother of 2 Greek children. So according to Greece entry regulations i was allowed to enter. Yet i was denied boarding by TK ground staff. I was told that Thessaloniki airport police didnt give permission for me to fly. I wonder based on what... I had marriage certificate, birth certificates for my kids, explaining that we are relocating... I seriously wonder what kind of information was provided that i was denied to enter. The day before we were in Embassy of Greece to get my consent for my husband to travel with kids. No issues. The ground staff didn't even inform me that i will not be flying, he just left for boarding. So ones again - we are relocating. My bank account is closed, mobile phone disconnected. I had to urgently book flight for me with Etihad and arrange transportation for my cat with less then 24 hours notice. I had to buy new cargo carrier because mine was already packed in container. My cat transportation with Etihad cost a kidney. When i picked the cat in cargo facility - she was in shock. I planned everything many month before to make my family relocation smooth and without stress, yet i end up being humiliated, left behind and forced to run like insane next day to arrange everything for Etihad flight including new PCR test. I got boarding pass for EY flight next day, no questions were asked. I contacted Turkish Airline for refund and compensation however their response was that they were acting according civil aviation rules and I was supposed to fly with family member. Obviously it was a mistake but airline would not admit it.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Thessaloniki via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I've been trying to book my mothers return ticket home for the last 2 weeks. She had an open date ticket and needed to book ticket for June 14. I was ready to make the payment for the price difference the first day I called on May 19th. I spend more than 8 hours total of my time on the phone with customer service to complete this "simple transaction". I've been given multiple promises that someone will call me to complete the payment of the price difference for the ticket and no one ever called me. After multiple back on forth between customer service, customer relations and feedbacks, on May 25th their ticketing office got back to me with information that the ticket difference has been approved by customer relations and they a ready to process the payment. I received Credit card authorization form to complete. I submitted completed form with supporting documents requested the same day. I received a confirmation saying "We have received the requested documents and an updated email will be sent to you once the changes are finalized." I thought this nightmare was finally over. But after not hearing anything for 4 days I started getting anxious again. Yesterday, on May 30th I received an email from Turkish Airlines in regard of the feedback saying "Unfortunately we will not be able to meet your demand positively. We appreciate your understanding in this matter." I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with customer service, was transferred back and forth between them and customer relations again. All only to find out, that my payment was not processed (who knows why) and someone in the office in TX deleted the ticket from the system. Customer relations representative Onur was very helpful and submitted request on my behalf to complete the investigation and resolve this issue. I was told that someone will definitely call me within the next 24 hours with an update and no one called. How long is it going to last? When will this be resolved?
RouteOdessa to Seattle via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2020

"My worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | My worst experience ever with Turkish Airlines. I booked a ticket from London to Karachi via Istanbul, they cancelled my flight 3 times and I paid 3 time for PCR fit to fly test. When we call the customer service first they give a covid-19 reason for flight cancellation, later on they confirmed that the flight is going on time but still they cancelled my flight and none of them were helpful. I confirmed the flight arrived on time so I can say surely that they have sold my tickets to someone else.
RouteLondon to Karachi
Date FlownMay 2021

"my worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I have been flying international for over 30 years. My last trip with Turkish Airlines was my worst experience ever. They kept canceling my domestic flight from Istanbul to Alanya and did not accommodate adjustment to their own international connection. They changed three times and I had to pay the change fee to adjust my connecting flight and pay for their irresponsibility. Furthermore their call center although helpful did not have the authority to do anything and their feedback system was useless.
RouteTehran to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"ask me to put my mask in a way you talk to a child"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines cabin crew is not well trained and extremely rude. The staff of TK710 from Istanbul to Islamabad on 18th May, 2021 interrupted me while I was in a conversation with my wife to ask me to put my mask in a way you talk to a child. Your cabin crew supervisor says we have to make gestures to make people wear masks because they can't speak English, why don't you hire people who can speak the language of your customers instead of treating them like herd of cows. You have to use the call button at least 5 times to get a response. This effects your brand image so negatively since service is the only thing that differentiates one airline from the other. As a customer I won't remember your false claims of superior customer service or video ads used in marketing, I will, however, remember how I got treated on your planes. Turkish Airlines management, I have been using your Airlines for the past 5 years but you continue to disappoint me. My trip got badly affected by this behavior of your staff. I hope they are questioned about this and then given training on how to be polite to your customers who pay for these tickets.
Routeİstanbul to Islamabad
Date FlownMay 2021

"this flight was at good quality"

Trip Verified | Since most of the extra Covid precautions lifted of in terms of in-flight catering, this flight was at good quality. Welcome drinks that Turkish offers still not served due to Covid however, food was quite good. Crew served a mezze platter, accompanied by a main dish with three options as usual. Also crew were highly sensitive about wearing masks and constantly warning the ones who was taking of their masks unless they are eating or drinking. Hospitality of Turkish crew was as good as always.
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownApril 2021

"COVID-19 a cost-cutting, service-reduction excuse"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines continues to use COVID-19 as a cost-cutting, service-reduction excuse. It's self-defeating as they need to entice back their customers, but personally I would choose to fly another airline next time. They do not serve alcohol (not sure what the link with COVID-19 is?) but they are finally serving hot meals once again. IFE is limited - it has not been updated in months. The crew are perfunctory, and there's no real warmth or hospitality. Flying Turkish these days is a frustrating experience: flights are frequently cancelled or rescheduled (this has happened with every single flight I've taken with them) and the service and amenities are not in line with the high fees you pay. Disappointing.
RouteLondon to Istanbul

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I asked for an alcoholic beverage during my trip. They said they don't serve alcoholic beverages in economy class due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, they serve alcoholic beverages in business class. When I asked, ‘does the corona pandemic affect only economy class?’ They could not give a reasonable explanation about it. This flight was such a bad experience for me. If I had known before, I would have preferred another airline to fly with. They use the coronavirus pandemic as an excuse.
RouteIstanbul to Houston
Date FlownMay 2021

"incompetence and a lack of assistance"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Never in my life have I encountered such incompetence and a lack of assistance from an airline. Poor customer service in the airport; I was passed from one person to another for about three hours trying to solve the problem, but none of them were able to assist. The layover in Istanbul was excessively long and thicket included a hotel, but instead of resting in the hotel at night, I wasted 3 hours of my time and nerves searching for and speaking with endless airport personnel, and the rest of my connection time was spent in a freezing airport!
RouteVilnius to Tashkent via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"don't have visas in your Russian passports"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | My wife and me are dual Canadian and Russian citizens. For the last pandemic year we have been living in Moscow, Russia. We have even got fully vaccinated in Moscow a few months ago. We had planned to spend two weeks in Crete, Greece, where we have a vacation apartment. Unfortunately the first two out of three legs Moscow-Istanbul-Athens-Heraklion were with Turkish Airlines. On the morning of May 4 we were in layover in Istanbul waiting to board the plane to Athens when a Turkish Airlines' employee asked us to show our documents to enter Greece. Prior, I had checked all the documents we need at the Greek border with the Greek Consulate in Moscow - Passenger Locator Form with our residential addresses in Moscow and in Greece, Vaccination Certificate and COVID-19 PCR Test Certificate. And Ι specifically asked if we may enter Greece with our Canadian passports, because with these passports we don't need visas. I got full approval for this and was told that as residents of Russia we may enter Greece keeping any other national passports. So I showed to Turkish Airlines employees all the documents we have, even the property title in Greece. But when as the boarding started we were informed that we were not allowed on the plane to Athens! I was plainly told "If you are Russian resident, you cannot fly to Greece with your Canadian passport, you must have a Sсhengen visa in you Russian passport". So we had a big discussion but Turkish Airlines' answer was the same - "you are not allowed on the plane because you don't have visas in you Russian passports." So the plane took off but we stayed in Istanbul. For the first time in my life I was not allowed on the plane with my Canadian passport which I used before in Greece many times! Subsequently, we couldn't get any compensation from Turkish Airlines because they said "that's your fault, you don't have enough documents"! Our tickets from Moscow to Athens, our next tickets from Athens to Heraklion with another air company few hours later, our car reservation in Heraklion fully paid, and we also had to spend a lot of extra money to return from Istanbul to Moscow, and we lost our two-week vacation?
RouteMoscow to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2021

"Avoid it like a plague"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I fly Turkish Air business class Toronto to Hong Kong via Istanbul and planned a Covid19 test during the long layover in IST in order to meet Hong Kong entry restrictions. I was informed the IST-HKG segment will be delayed for 4 hours soon after I made my ticket purchase. From YYZ check-in to IST transfer, I found every staff member has their own way of interpreting travel restrictions. Nobody can point a clear direction along the way. I eventually missed the flight and had to take the next flight two days later. During which my luggage was stored at their facility. The in-flight service of IST-HKG was mediocre. The seats were of first-generation recliners, food was okay, the in-flight entertainment was a joke, WiFi signal spotty. When I arrived at HK hotel. I found the locks of my suitcase compromised with apparent marks of piled damage and contents inside searched. I reported to Turkish Air as soon as possible. Although there’s black and white I have 7 days to report the damage. The baggage claim department denied my request for various excuses. It was hilarious that they insisted the damage must be visible and I should report at the airport instead of reporting within the 7 days’ frame. I think they are implying you should check your locks right away whenever you fly Turkish Airlines? Experiences with Turkish Airlines explained itself why I cannot recall any smiling face throughout the Turkish Flight experience .. the airline is so screwed up that every staff member is in defence mode. Turkish Air joined Star Alliance in 2008 but don’t mistake they’ll provide international airline service standards. You’ll be disappointed. Avoid it like a plague.
RouteToronto to Hong Kong via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"most pathetic customer support"

Not Verified | Turkish Airlines used to be one of the worlds best, in my opinion, with excellent planes, flight services, and support. Unfortunately, there has perhaps been a change of senior management or something to that effect, as they have in my estimation become just another third world country airline. I have been trying to reserve an airline flight out of Turkey, unable to do so on their website, and in each of two calls to their "customer service" line, they have put me on hold, only to hang up one me. In one instance, the young lady was literally typing on her keyboard when she disconnected. This is the most pathetic customer support experience I have ever had. I have over 30,000 miles of frequent flier miles with this airline, but fortunately have the ability to put them to use with other airlines. I will never go to TK airlines other than a last resort again.
RouteKabul to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2020

"none of the middle seats were left empty"

Not Verified | Part of the trip from Atlanta to Istanbul was pleasant but after the connection everything went through the hole. The flight was delayed from the beginning and we arrived in Addis 40 minutes late, there were only 1 person at each service station to serve the customer, and after all this ups and down non of the baggage’s from US is not transferred to the connection flight aircraft. For some of us who have to travel to out of Addis Ababa have to spent extra 5 days stay because of our bags still delayed for the second flight. I hope I will get my bags intact and all the items inside. Please consider other airlines or members from other members or use Ethiopian Airlines for at least to save time from baggage delay or all the headaches. In this Covid-19 pandemic era they use a larger aircraft to fulfill the COVID protocol to fly out of US, however they use a small airplane to carry a larger number of passengers and none of the middle seats were left empty. This shows they have a double standard for developed/developing country citizens.
RouteAtlanta to Addis Ababa via Istanbul

"Excellent travel experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Tashkent via Istanbul in Economy. Excellent travel experience. All flights boarded early and left/arrived on time or early. Excellent entertainment offering and generous food service (a warm meal in economy on a 2 ½ hour flight). Found the seat pitch to be fine on both Boeing 787 and A330 - am 180cm tall. Crew taking care to ensure that all passengers were wearing their face masks at all times as well as regularly cleaning and monitoring the lavatories. Transfer in Istanbul relatively seamless. Highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteVienna to Tashkent via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"told me the gate was closed"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines customer service in Mogadishu is horrible. My flight at Mogadishu, Somalia was scheduled to leave at 10:45am. I was at the departure check in by 9:30am, but they told me to get my covid 19 test certified by the Somali health ministry. At 9:45am when I came back to check in, they told me the gate was closed. I went to speak to the manager who refused to let me board the plan because according to him, "the gate closes 1 hour and 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time." Their top manager in Somalia can barely speak English, is extremely rude and unreasonable. I will choose another airline on my next visit to Somalia.
RouteMogadishu to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"check in staff kept us waiting"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Their check in staff kept us waiting for over an hour while we waited for their confirmation to let us through. In turn we lost our flight and they took our bags. They refused to compensate us for the missing bags (which were returned by another airline) and the stress and expenses we had from not having our bags and missing our flight.
RouteIstanbul to Tblisi
Date FlownApril 2021

"cabin crew must improve English skills"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Overall, flying with Turkish Airlines was great. The cabin crew were friendly, food was tasty. The inflight entertainment was nice, however, the cabin crew must improve their English speaking skills. The legroom could have been better as well.
RouteJakarta to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"very disappointed in this flight"

Not Verified | I booked seats with extra legroom in the front of the aircraft. Paid extra for them. They overbooked the seats next to me. Multiple children. A child threw up in my seat. I asked to change seats and pay for an upgrade. They refused and offered to move me to the back of the plane. I ultimately had to move due to the smell. They did not clean the seat. This could have been avoided at no cost to them and increased cost to me, but they were unable to accommodate dispute an abundance of seats. I am very disappointed in this flight.
RouteNew York to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"restarted mostly a full service"

Trip Verified | My first two sector business review of Turkish. They have restarted mostly a full service which to fair is good. Amenity kits back on offer which reassured me that it’s not all cutting corners to save money. Flights mostly busy due to restrictions with other airlines at present into London. Crew attentive and a full selection of alcoholic drinks. I don’t use IFE but it looked pretty good. Summing up even if their business product is generally lacklustre and basic (think 1990s) it was economical and would try again if there were no ME3 alternatives.
RouteKabul to London via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Try to avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | First I was told to get a travel covid test that I did payed $150 each for me and my girl, in the last min I was told this test is not good and I had to redo it again payed $498. The Reschedule my flight for two days later. I arrive last night in Istanbul and I have to wait for next flight for 29h but now the are telling me my test has been expired and I have to take it again and I don't know what to do. I was told in Houston by Turkish Airlines that the will provide hotel during waiting period in airport but believe or not the did but after I payed 2012 euros. Try to avoid this airline and this airport staff very rude and very disrespect to people.
RouteHuston to Pristina via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"a safe and pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | We transited from an international Turkish Airlines flight, so our bags were checked through. There were no crew announcements detailing where to go in the terminal after landing. The answer - you must proceed all the way to the domestic departure counters in the transit area. Our travel documents were requested again - check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. Skybridges were used on both ends of this flight, making boarding and deplaning quick and easy. The flight itself was on an older A320-200, nicely maintained and was covid-clean. We spent less than 1½ hours in the air, so there was no time for snacks, drinks or entertainment. The crew was attentive and ensured a safe and pleasant flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteIstanbul to Dalaman

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Turkey during the Covid-19 pandemic, which include a PCR test and a Form of Entrance Due to Pandemic Threat from the Turkish Ministry of Health. Check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. From boarding to deplaning, everything was Covid Clean. Our 2½ hour flight from Malta to Istanbul was on a new A320 NEO. The legroom was good, the meal was a simple bagged sandwich with refreshments, but the crew were great. Turkish Airlines has yet to disappoint – although we do wish they would bring back the Turkish Delights as a boarding gift.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteMalta to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not trusting this airline again"

Not Verified | Flight got cancelled and they didn't even let me know it was. Besides the fact that flying today is particularly difficult with all the covid tests expected to before flying, I only found out my flight was inexistent once I was already in the airport to do check-in. Only to find out about another 7 people where in the same position as me. We had to wait for a Turkish representative to come for him to tell us that there is nothing that he can do, we cannot be moved to any other flights and that there is no way I will fly out that day or maybe even any day after that. We called the representatives in Istanbul to tell us the same thing, now I am waiting for my refund and not trusting this airline again!
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2021

"you can’t be reimbursed"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel 30 Jan 2020 with Turkish airlines from Paris to Cairo, I had chosen this company over other companies because I thought it would be the best among them. What I found out is the opposite, they didn’t let me check in because they thought that I was not eligible to go to Egypt without a visa. However, I had an Egyptian entry stamp on my passport 3 months before my travel with Turkish airlines. I asked them to reconsider their decision many times, they were so rude and they didn’t even care to answer me, the next day was a the first day of closing all French boundaries so I was so stressed. I took another flight with Egyptair early in the morning of next day and I traveled so easily because I did not need a visa as Turkish Airlines claimed. It’s been nearly two months that I ask Turkish airlines to reimburse me the flight that they cancel because of their ignorance and their reply "Thank you for your feedback you can’t be reimbursed".
RouteParis to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"plane was packed without following SOPs"

Trip Verified | First of all, the ground staff at Karachi International Airport was so rude, requested a wheelchair for my wife as she is pregnant and due to some medical condition she is not allowed to walk too long causing Edema, though wheelchair was free the staff asked for money. when we arrived in Istanbul we have requested a wheelchair again and the staff told me to take your baby and handbags with you for the boarding and we will bring your wife later, she waited for a wheelchair for 30 minutes and when she saw the last call message on flight board she picked up stuff and walked for around over a kilometre to reach the boarding gate and when I complained about it they simply ignored it. In-flight entertainment was dated and they served cold food in a box that included a tiny pouch of water, kids juice, a cold bun with cheese and a small piece of dry cake. when I have asked why not serving hot food they said due to the covid 19 we are not serving hot food but you can sit next to other passengers, the plane was packed without following SOPs. Do not recommend anyone this airline.
RouteKarachi to London via Istanbul

"shameless business organization"

Trip Verified | I have never seen such a shameless business organization. I lost my luggage on the flight. I had many items including my education documents inside. I reported this after the flight and they said there are looking for the luggage and I have to wait 21 days. Then
RouteAddis Ababa to Washington via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not wearing masks during this flight"

(Tanzania)

Not Verified | I am very disappointed by Turkish Airlines staff behavior during the flight from Dar es Salaam to Istanbul on 05/03. I would say that around 15-20% of passengers were not wearing masks during this flight. I am sure the staff were aware of this situation but they didnt warn anybody and they ask people to wear masks only before landing. Knowing current situation of unofficial increasing covid numbers in Tanzania, I have serious concerns about this behavior of Turkish Airlines. I should mention that I took the same flight back in September and my experience was positive as the staff members were more attentive. So I hope my feedback will give some positive actions. Thank you, Ausra
RouteDar es Salaam to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I was made to pay for their app error"

Trip Verified | I bought a round trip ticket for me and my wife from Los Angeles to Addis Ababa. In Addis, once when it was time to return back I realized I needed to change my return date. I went on to the TK app on my phone to change the ticket. I found a suitable date and paid the fee and changed our flight, so I thought. One thing that puzzled me was I didn't receive an email confirmation though my credit card was charged and I could see the change I made on the app. On the final seat selection day, it was a Sunday, I went back to the app to select a seat. I was able to do it for my self but not for my wife. I decided to do it at the airport counter since there was no one to call on a Sunday night in Addis to help me. At the airport, the Turkish Airline local staff told me my wife's ticket has expired and they have no authority to help me or call Turkey. I was asked to pay extra 500 dollars to replace the ticket to fly. Once back in the U S I contacted Turkish using their feedback form. After a week period of waiting each time and going back and forth, all I got from them was a generic response. Sad! No specifics to my case, no reason as to why I didn't get an email, no reason why I was charged. They said, Sorry this happened to you but our app is fine and we can't do anything for you. I fly Turkish because they are cheap. I have done it annually the last three times but no more. I was made to pay for their app error.
RouteAddis Ababa to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"avoid using Turkish Airlines ever again"

Not Verified | I'm doing all I can to avoid using Turkish Airlines ever again. The tickets costed about $800, but I ended up paying an extra $1,000 because of them. I was headed from LA to Montenegro via Istanbul. Once I landed in Istanbul, I saw my flight was cancelled to Montenegro. No email or phone notification - just on the boards upon arrival. They told me the next one would be the following morning - and when I asked why they said they don't know. But since it's COVID, so many people on my flight were going to have our tests expire if we had such a long layover - as most countries don't allow international layovers longer than 8 hours. So I had to pay for a sketchy VISA at the airport, go through customs, go get another COVID and wait for the results in the middle of the night. I got my results, went back to the terminal, waited another few hours and - guess what - they cancelled the rescheduled flight a couple hours before takeoff. Now my fellow passengers were furious, because they were giving no reason for the cancelled flights and just said they can cover our hotels. I asked when the next flight would be, and they said they don't know but probably tomorrow (turns out it was about 36 hours later - keep in mind most countries don't accept COVID tests older than 72 hours especially if you've had a layover). I then asked if there's any guarantee that the flight won't be cancelled a third time, and they said they don't know. So I got to the airport on friday, it was now nearing sunday, and I started work monday. I told them I might just have to drive, but to get me as close to Montenegro as possible. They put me on a cheap flight to Serbia, which was delayed by a couple of hours (one hour of which the passengers were sitting on a crowded bus outside of the terminal as they de-iced the plane). On top of this, passengers on both my LA-IST flight, and IST-Belgrade flight weren't wearing masks, and it didn't seem to bother the flight attendants. So I got to Serbia, had to get a hotel on my own dime, and another flight to Montenegro on my own dime. I'm of course going to dispute the original ticket cost since they screwed me over and just sent me to an airport that seems to profit off of cancelled flights by not offering complimentary internet (you have to pay a substantial fee every 12 hours), by forcing you to buy a visa in cash if you now need a new covid tests, and by offering pricy covid tests.
RouteLos Angeles to Podgorica via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"The worst experience ever!"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever! Turkish Airlines made a mistake with the outbound flight (which they even recognized). Despite several feedback, tens of calls they were unable to rectify the mistake. Incompetent, unprofessional and with poor English the call center is a disaster. Terrible.
RouteKhartoum to Malaga via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"still not given me back my money"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by them in April 2020, I asked for a refund in August 2020, it is now the end of February 2021 and they still have not given me back my money despite asking for the money at least 10 times. If you book with Turkish Airlines, just realise that if the flight is cancelled, they will not give your money back for perhaps a year.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London

"seriously unhelpful, irresponsible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | They sold me open ticket, they cancelled the flight on their own, and then never allowed me to book a new ticket. I wasted many hours on their phone lines. They kept saying we don't have permission from travel agency and you should contact travel agency. even though I had contacted the travel agency many times and they had notified the airline to book me a new ticket and they could see it in their system. they still refused to help. My whole money and vacation got wasted. They are a seriously unhelpful, irresponsible and greedy airline.
RouteTehran to Stockholm via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines"

Not Verified | The award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines. They blame covid for cutting every business class amenity - but every other tier 1 airline aren't having to cut service, this airline has crushed its standard - should be a 2 star airline now. If you cant deliver a quality product - don't reopen - but charging 4000 per person and then taking away all the quality elements is just bad.
RouteNew York to İstanbul

"Very unsatisfactory service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines client services via phone are extremely slow and unhelpful. In order to effect a simple and straightforward change of reservation, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a service center in Romania, with people who barely spoke English, and who were unable to process the reservation change because (1) they don’t understand English well enough; and (2) because apparently the computer system suffers frequent glitches. In the end it was impossible to change the reservation without filing a complaint (which they call “feedback”). And this feedback requires waiting to receive a feedback #, which one must use to communicate again with the Romanian client services. This was done, and I was told to expect an email in 2 hours — which never arrived. Back to the Romanian call center, another 2 hours wasted trying to explain, to no avail. I lost that ticket, ended up buying a completely new ticket for twice the price. And Turkish Airlines refused to acknowledge their mistake. Very unsatisfactory service.
RouteRome to Khartoum via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"will never recommend it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | My return flight from Tel Aviv to Madrid was cancelled 4 times. Each time I received a cancelation mail, I called the head office and was re-booked for another date and 30min after I got the confirmation by email, the flight was cancelled. Eventually I was told that the Israeli government is not allowing this airline to fly to and from the country and even though the company had this information they kept selling the exact flight on there official website! So do not believe what you see on line or you will get a big surprise and many frustrating hours on the phone with the airline. Will never fly with this company again and of course will never recommend it.
RouteMadrid to Tel Aviv via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired"

Trip Verified | The flight from ATL to IST was good; however the food was not as good as it used to be, the number of options and quality has declined tremendously. Boarding at IST to DXB was a concern for us, too many people on an enclosed waiting room and delayed flight. The Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired. The onboard service was very simple to poor. The seats were ample but tired. It still has three seats in the middle, configuration 2-3-2, which is not the most desirable, unless you are flying in a family of three. Disembarkation in Dubai was disorderly, instead of doing it by rows, the passengers in Economy just pushed their way through Business to get out first, no social distancing or order by put in place by crew.
AircraftBoeing 787-9/777-300
RouteAtlanta to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication between Turkish Airlines and the Turkish Government, according to the last communication from Turkish the government put out on December 30, 2020 effective immediately a requirement for COVID 19 test for transit passengers. According to Turkish this requirement was voided on same day 12/30/2020, however Turkish failed to communicate to the passengers the new requirement. I had called on 12/29/2020 to verify if we needed a test and Turkish Call Center indicated no test was required. However, I did get an email from Turkish on 12/30/2020 at 7pm, when we landed in Houston (on another airline at our own expense) that passengers in transit in Istanbul did not need a COVID-19 test. Turkish Airlines has not assumed the responsibility to communicate the changes or to repair the loses they caused us.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 787-9
RouteDubai to San Francisco via Istanbul

Turkish Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Everything started great with them. The booking process was surprisingly easy especially with COVID-19. I booked the ticket for my girlfriend to come and visit me here in the US and she said the flights to Seattle with them were great and she had no complaints. About a week before she was going to depart Seattle to go home she got sick and had a positive COVID test and I had to suspend the ticket. The process of suspending it was very easy because I just had to send them the PCR test showing a positive result. But now sense she has recovered we have been trying to get the ticket reissued and have been trying for 2 weeks now. They have been extremely slow and been lying constantly about returning phone calls and making false promises for the new rebooking. As of now I have sent the positive PCR results in 3 times to them and am starting to go around the same loop again. I will update this as more news come.
RouteOdessa to Seattle via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"lose or destroy my luggage"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | I'm a frequent traveler with hundreds of flights. My worst experiences is with Turkish Airlines. They always manage to lose or destroy my luggage. This time, they overcharge on extra weight and totally destroyed my new bag. Ground and customer support are useless. My Company booked me on Turkish Airlines because i would never book them myself if there's alternative.
RouteIstanbul to Kuwait