Turkish Airlines

"check in staff kept us waiting"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Their check in staff kept us waiting for over an hour while we waited for their confirmation to let us through. In turn we lost our flight and they took our bags. They refused to compensate us for the missing bags (which were returned by another airline) and the stress and expenses we had from not having our bags and missing our flight.
RouteIstanbul to Tblisi
Date FlownApril 2021

"cabin crew must improve English skills"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Overall, flying with Turkish Airlines was great. The cabin crew were friendly, food was tasty. The inflight entertainment was nice, however, the cabin crew must improve their English speaking skills. The legroom could have been better as well.
RouteJakarta to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"very disappointed in this flight"

Not Verified | I booked seats with extra legroom in the front of the aircraft. Paid extra for them. They overbooked the seats next to me. Multiple children. A child threw up in my seat. I asked to change seats and pay for an upgrade. They refused and offered to move me to the back of the plane. I ultimately had to move due to the smell. They did not clean the seat. This could have been avoided at no cost to them and increased cost to me, but they were unable to accommodate dispute an abundance of seats. I am very disappointed in this flight.
RouteNew York to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2021

"restarted mostly a full service"

Trip Verified | My first two sector business review of Turkish. They have restarted mostly a full service which to fair is good. Amenity kits back on offer which reassured me that it’s not all cutting corners to save money. Flights mostly busy due to restrictions with other airlines at present into London. Crew attentive and a full selection of alcoholic drinks. I don’t use IFE but it looked pretty good. Summing up even if their business product is generally lacklustre and basic (think 1990s) it was economical and would try again if there were no ME3 alternatives.
RouteKabul to London via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Try to avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | First I was told to get a travel covid test that I did payed $150 each for me and my girl, in the last min I was told this test is not good and I had to redo it again payed $498. The Reschedule my flight for two days later. I arrive last night in Istanbul and I have to wait for next flight for 29h but now the are telling me my test has been expired and I have to take it again and I don't know what to do. I was told in Houston by Turkish Airlines that the will provide hotel during waiting period in airport but believe or not the did but after I payed 2012 euros. Try to avoid this airline and this airport staff very rude and very disrespect to people.
RouteHuston to Pristina via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"a safe and pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | We transited from an international Turkish Airlines flight, so our bags were checked through. There were no crew announcements detailing where to go in the terminal after landing. The answer - you must proceed all the way to the domestic departure counters in the transit area. Our travel documents were requested again - check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. Skybridges were used on both ends of this flight, making boarding and deplaning quick and easy. The flight itself was on an older A320-200, nicely maintained and was covid-clean. We spent less than 1½ hours in the air, so there was no time for snacks, drinks or entertainment. The crew was attentive and ensured a safe and pleasant flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteIstanbul to Dalaman

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Turkey during the Covid-19 pandemic, which include a PCR test and a Form of Entrance Due to Pandemic Threat from the Turkish Ministry of Health. Check the Turkish Airlines website or send them a message for up-to-date travel documentation requirements. From boarding to deplaning, everything was Covid Clean. Our 2½ hour flight from Malta to Istanbul was on a new A320 NEO. The legroom was good, the meal was a simple bagged sandwich with refreshments, but the crew were great. Turkish Airlines has yet to disappoint – although we do wish they would bring back the Turkish Delights as a boarding gift.
AircraftA320 NEO
RouteMalta to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not trusting this airline again"

Not Verified | Flight got cancelled and they didn't even let me know it was. Besides the fact that flying today is particularly difficult with all the covid tests expected to before flying, I only found out my flight was inexistent once I was already in the airport to do check-in. Only to find out about another 7 people where in the same position as me. We had to wait for a Turkish representative to come for him to tell us that there is nothing that he can do, we cannot be moved to any other flights and that there is no way I will fly out that day or maybe even any day after that. We called the representatives in Istanbul to tell us the same thing, now I am waiting for my refund and not trusting this airline again!
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2021

"you can’t be reimbursed"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to travel 30 Jan 2020 with Turkish airlines from Paris to Cairo, I had chosen this company over other companies because I thought it would be the best among them. What I found out is the opposite, they didn’t let me check in because they thought that I was not eligible to go to Egypt without a visa. However, I had an Egyptian entry stamp on my passport 3 months before my travel with Turkish airlines. I asked them to reconsider their decision many times, they were so rude and they didn’t even care to answer me, the next day was a the first day of closing all French boundaries so I was so stressed. I took another flight with Egyptair early in the morning of next day and I traveled so easily because I did not need a visa as Turkish Airlines claimed. It’s been nearly two months that I ask Turkish airlines to reimburse me the flight that they cancel because of their ignorance and their reply "Thank you for your feedback you can’t be reimbursed".
RouteParis to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"plane was packed without following SOPs"

Trip Verified | First of all, the ground staff at Karachi International Airport was so rude, requested a wheelchair for my wife as she is pregnant and due to some medical condition she is not allowed to walk too long causing Edema, though wheelchair was free the staff asked for money. when we arrived in Istanbul we have requested a wheelchair again and the staff told me to take your baby and handbags with you for the boarding and we will bring your wife later, she waited for a wheelchair for 30 minutes and when she saw the last call message on flight board she picked up stuff and walked for around over a kilometre to reach the boarding gate and when I complained about it they simply ignored it. In-flight entertainment was dated and they served cold food in a box that included a tiny pouch of water, kids juice, a cold bun with cheese and a small piece of dry cake. when I have asked why not serving hot food they said due to the covid 19 we are not serving hot food but you can sit next to other passengers, the plane was packed without following SOPs. Do not recommend anyone this airline.
RouteKarachi to London via Istanbul