Turkish Airlines

"agent was very rude"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Doha via Istanbul. I have booked a roundup trip with Turkish Airlines and it was semi-flexible because I was not sure about my return date so I decided to book and later change once I know when to return by paying the extra fare charges. Once I arrived at Birmingham I later decided to rebook my return flight from 7th December to 28th October. The website was showing some technical error while I was trying to change my flight so I decided to call the help center. The lady said she removed the block and I will be able to change now but still later when I checked I wasn't able to do so. So I called them again and they made me wait for 1-hour and said he will call me back after 2 hours because his system is slow. Later after getting no response from them I called them after 3 hours. The agent was very rude saying I won't be able to change my flight. After a few minutes, the agent called me and said I have to travel all the way their head office which is miles away in London just to talk to them and see if they can do anything. Now my flight has still not been changed and I am struggling with this.
RouteBirmingham to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the product was tired looking"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Boston on Turkish Airlines. Following a great stay at Turkish’s lounge, I made my way to the gate and we through the tertiary security screening which is customary for all flights into the U.S. Despite the multi-billion dollar new airport, we were bussed to the aircraft which reminded me of the old, congested airport. On board, the product was tired looking making me wish TK would either accelerate their fleet renewal program or upgrade the old interiors so that all business class seats would have direct aisle access. FA’s were pleasant and service was efficient. Food and beverage choices including champagne were of good quality and FA’s came around frequently asking if passengers wanted anything. The IFE was decent albeit it was a little thin on new releases. Flight pushed back and arrived on time. The FA’s especially the purser were the differentiators on what turned out to be a very pleasant flight.
RouteIstanbul to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Customer service is the worst"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Denpasar. Would never recommend this airline even for anyone. Customer service is the worst I ever experienced, started from call center and ends at ground service. Rude, disrespectful and totally careless. Fly with them if only you want to fell like you owe them using their airlines. Never again.
RouteIstanbul to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Seats have zero leg room"

Not Verified | Mauritius to Manchester via Istanbul. One of the worst airlines I have ever experienced. Staff are rude and unaccommodating. Seats have zero leg room and are so hard it’s like sitting on a wooden stool for 9 hours! Trying to explain that this has aggravated my arthritic spine was pointless. Food is terrible. The wine makes you sick. Not a good airline if travelling long distances or any distance for that matter.
RouteMauritius to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2019

"ground staff don’t care"

Trip Verified | This airline needs seriously think about giving a good customer service, ground staff don’t care about passengers at all, they act as if they have paid our trip. If Turkish airlines is looking forward to compete with other major airlines and be a winner with their new expansion. Only way is to give 100% best customer satisfaction. Me personally will try to avoid Turkish, if I had an option with Qatar Airways.
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an airline which doesn’t care about their customers"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Be wary with this airline. It’s my second flight with Turkish Airlines. My first one was a few years ago and that was normal. This one was bad. I booked a return ticket from Hong Kong to Kiev via Istanbul but I had an accident in Kiev and needed to change to the next day. The only way to do this was calling the Call Centre. I thought they fly to Hong Kong every day. The Call Center only changed my first flight (Kiev to Istanbul) to the next day, but not the second one, which was changed to more than 24 hours after the first one. The staff didn’t clearly say there was no flight to Hong Kong on the next day at the beginning. I just noticed that immediately after I paid USD 266. I even hadn’t hung up the phone and asked for a change. The Call Centre told me they would charge another sum of money for the change or only refund me USD19. Similar to other passengers complaints, this airline pushes to make whatever money they can when you are not alert enough. The Call Centre told me that I was eligible for a hotel stay at Istanbul Airport. But I was denied when I arrived, because there was a shorter connecting flight from Kiev to Istanbul. Why didn’t the staff tell me that when I made the change? To make money, this is an airline which doesn’t care about their customers.
RouteKiev to Hong Kong via Istanbul

"Crew are rude"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Ho Chi Minh city. One of the worse flight I have ever been on. USB charger not working, both for me the guy seated next to me. The touch screen on the inflight entertainment is hardly sensitive. Food is okay and seat legroom is unsurprisingly tight for a 1.81m guy. Crew are rude. The only plus point is that they landed 30 minutes before schedule.
AircraftA330-300
RouteIstanbul to Ho Chi Minh city

"Will fly again"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | İstanbul to Izmir. Very good meal and staff. The plane took off on time. Staff was smiling, sandwiches were delicious. Will fly again.
Routeİstanbul to Izmir
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Worse than worst airline"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Istanbul. , staff from Menzies Aviation and the cabin crew have been very rude. Wont even choose this again, split our seats me and my husband sitting on different seats, despite we reserved the seats beforehand! Flight delayed as well about 30 minutes without appropriate explanation. Very annoyed.
RouteGatwick to Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a really bad experience"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Catania via Istanbul. We arrived Istanbul 40 minutes delayed and we couldn’t take the connections from Istanbul to Catani . We tried to fix the situation as much as we could but the office in Istanbul didn’t do anything so we had to buy a new ticket from Istanbul to Catania costing us another 600$ aud. After this when we arrived we contact many time the Turkish Airlines many times but they didn’t refund the money. This didn’t finish there , when we had to take the return flight from Catania to Perth they said that we only have the flight back from Catania - Istanbul- Istanbul - Kuala Lumpur and from Kuala Lumpur to Perth we have to buy a new ticket. This is a really bad experience and we never ever travel anymore with this company
RouteKuala Lumpur to Catania via Istanbul