Turkish Airlines

"Turkish Airlines use to be a good company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines use to be a good company, COVID is the perfect excuse to lower everything in business class with no sense at all. Business lounge closed. Extremely poor lunch box on 4.5 hour international flight and 1.5 hour domestic flight. You are even not entitled to have a glass of water. We used our last miles for a reward ticket and will move to another company who have the respect of a customer who pays 3 to 5 time more for his flight than in economy.
RouteIstambul to Dalaman
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I am very unsatisfied with them"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Ridiculous service. I need to carry an extra baggage for my flight, they charge a whooping 30$ / kg, meaning an extra 900$ to get what I need to travel with. It's cheaper to get a new ticket than adding a bag. Customer service wise, terrible experience. I opened a ticket for asking question regarding that matter, ticket was closed immediately with no answer from their side. Tried to call customer service, I've been redirected soooo many times before talking to somebody, almost lost my patience. And needless to say he was not helpful at all, just notifying that the price was exactly the one mentioned. I will never use that company again, and I am very unsatisfied with them.
RouteHong Kong to Nice via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Service? What service"

Trip Verified | This is the Spirit Airlines of the transatlantic flights. Service? What service. The attendants do not even look at you, let alone talk to you. Food, see attached picture, is ridiculous. I get it, cheap flying doesn't allow you to expect a food treatment like Singapore Airlines or Emirates but for a 12+ hours flight they should be ashamed to offer a plastic, frozen chicken sandwich and that's it. Temperature in the cabin is below freezing. I am 57 and I have regularly flown across the pond since I was 12. Believe me this was the worst experience ever. Only wifi and inflight entertainment are up to standard. By the way, Spirit Airlines is not that bad. At least they don't make you feeling like a chicken in a cage for 12 hours. But just for 2 or 3.
RouteIstanbul to Miami

"Very unprofessional airline"

Not Verified | Let me start with agreeing to every comment regarding this airline. My mom flew to visit in Los Angeles since it was a last minute purchase. Even though there were other airlines we chose this one. Reservation had been changed a couple of times after purchase. No food. Only lunch box on the 13 hour flight. Don’t work with their customer at all. Changed to a time that doesn’t make any sense. My mom is flying back thru Istanbul and must wait 14 hours and fly the next morning when there are tickets available for earlier time that were never offered. Very unprofessional airline and the only airline that charges $200 for a second luggage. Definitely will never fly this airline myself and will not recommend to anyone.
RouteMoscow to Los Angeles via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"most unreliable I've ever flown"

Trip Verified | The most unreliable I've ever flown with. Before the trip, I confirmed my pet in cabin several times with several different representatives over the phone. A day before the flight, I called, just I case - and found out that my pet was not confirmed. Since they had never sent me an email with my itinerary or with pet confirmation in the first place, though I kept asking, they forced me to pay $400 to change my ticket. Because there were no spots for a pet in cabin, they changed me to a later date and to a different city. I lost a bunch of other connecting reservations, several days wages, etc. Also, they set up an additional checkup at the gate and search passengers luggage and showed me a fake printout supposedly from USA's TSA that says something about liquids over 100ml not allowed and told me, "this is your country's regulations". I quickly googled up the real TSA page, where it says that TSA allows up to 1 liter of hard liquor, as long as it's in a sealed Duty Free bag with the receipt inside. But they took my whiskey anyway.
RouteMoscow to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not book business class again"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | M&S Gold Card Holder. Business Class Istanbul to Amsterdam returning from Zurich. No priority boarding. When asked due to Covid 19 this has been cancelled. No hot drinks. When asked due to Covid 19 no hot beverages. For food you get a mediocre lunch box due to Covid 19. Very limited drink options. Luggage was not given priority. When asked due to Covid 19 they can not guarantee luggage priority. I wonder why all the other renowned airlines despite Covid 19 offer you a decent business class service and Turkish Airlines do not. Nice excuses to skimp on services but at the same time asking for normal business class fares as in before Covid 19 times (1400 Euros). Absolutely not worth it and certainly will not book business class again before they get their act together. FQ travellers compare, make decisions accordingly and switch to the best when necessary. THY management seems to forget that. Just switch to your old promised services and you will make a difference again. Now you are just somebody flying around.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 737
RouteZurich to Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2020

"this has been a real horror"

Not Verified | Because of Turkish Airlines I had to waste hours of my vacation days. The service was horrible, I was not listened to and I received a lot of wrong information. I am really not difficult, but I found this very bad, especially how Turkish Airlines now deals with my complaint. I wrote them a letter about my experience with their company and how badly everything went. From their responses I can already see that they have not even gone through my complaint and are not taking me seriously. The mistakes they made: Change of flight with a layover of 26 hours. Incorrect change of data entered. Connection broke a few times during the call, when you call back you get another colleague and you have to tell your story all over again. Was not listened to, so they incorrectly redirected me. Due to their mistake I had to change the date again and the costs were charged to me, I was told 4 different prices ranging from 130-200 euros. I had to be present at the airport in Gazipasa at least 4 hours in advance to pay for my tickets and make sure my tickets would be in order, without payment I had no guarantee for the tickets. My flight was at 4.15 am. I was present at 11.30 pm, nobody from Turkish Airlines to be seen, they arrived at 02.15. I had to wait hours for nothing in a lot of stress. - Now that I have submitted a complaint, I have already received 2 nonsense responses, I am not taken seriously. I am far from satisfied, this has been a real horror.
RouteAmsterdam to Gazipasa via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I don't recommend it to anyone"

Not Verified | I flew from SFO on Sept 11th 2020 at 6pm to Istanbul with my two daughters and my brother. I was very very disappointed with the services during this long flight. Just one hour after flight they brought a box of food which included a small water, a kid juice, a pastry and a cold very dry cheese sandwich that was very hard to swallow. one hour later they threw a bottle of water at us, Then for eight hours no service. During this eight hours a few people went to the galley including myself and ask for something to eat they said they or out and don't have anything. Again after 8 hours they brought a brown bag which had the same things inside. As we know and understand we are dealing with Covid-19 but this should not be the excuse for this airline to serve this nasty food and cut the service and pocket more money in their pockets. The air plane was 90% full, I am sure they made money. There is nothing wrong with serving hot meals which was all covered up and came from over directly to the passengers. They could easily served small bottles of a wines, alcohol, sodas, hot tea and coffee. If all this are served in the restaurants why not air planes? One the biggest part of traveling and entertainment is food, In the air plane eating good food and good drinks make your time more enjoyable and your travel time goes a lot faster and you always remember the good food. My sister just traveled to Turkey by KLM airline and went through Europe, She could not talk enough about how good the food and the service was. They were served two hot meals, drinks and snacks through out the flight while the flight was only 30% full which for sure the airline is losing money. For sure this was my last flight with Turkish Airline and I don't recommend it to anyone. My family and I travel a lot this was a very bad experience.
RouteSan Francisco to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"previous supposed good customer service is completely gone"

Not Verified | Due to Covid-19, Turkish Airlines started a promotion for healthcare workers who register to get a discount on future travels if booked before September 1, I registered and was sent a promo code that could never work. I kept calling customer relations who kept telling me their system was down when I called (on 3 different occasions) and I will get an email feedback soon or a phone call. It never happened and they were delaying till the supposed deadline was over. Their customer relations is very poor. The previous supposed good customer service is completely gone. I would recommend other European airlines like Air France or Lufthansa.
RouteMiami to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I didn't pay 3 times the fare for a boxed meal"

Not Verified | Extremely disappointed, flew on a business class but the service was worse than a domestic bus service. I flew from LHE-IST-IAD. This is a very long flight with the first leg of 6 hours and then 4 hours lay over with the last leg of 10 hours. No proper meal was served, I didn't pay 3 times the fare for a boxed meal. No coffee or tea is allowed apparently due to Covid, which makes no sense at all. Why is it ok to fly then? Just cancel your flights so we have other options to decide from. Qatar is an absolute amazing airline, I just made a huge mistake by taking THY, this is extremely sad and disappointing to be treated like this in such a long haul flight, especially when you have paid business class fare. This is a perfect example how to cut cost by giving an excuse. of Covid. Also they don't offer any airline lounges on most of their destinations now. This is a sincere advice from them to fix these problems, already everyone I personally know don't want to fly THY, and the comments here are also not that encouraging for THY.
RouteLahore to Istanbul via Washington DC