Turkish Airlines

"trampling upon consumer rights"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Boston via Istanbul. I was scheduled to fly to the US in the second week of April for a workshop, for which I had booked a ticket through a travel agent. Given the cancellation in the flight from the airline's side, I was promised that I would be given the option of either a change in travel date without paying an extra amount or be issued an open ticket. Despite multiple reassurances through a set of mails (in response to the service request tickets that I had generated) and the information displayed on their website, customer service refused to provide any redressal to the complaint. I was shocked by his blatant refusal to even provide a service id / reference for the complaint that I wanted to place on record. This is a blatant violation of consumer rights and points towards a glaring lack of respect for the rights of travellers. The airline seems hellbent on trampling upon consumer rights and the lack of action against such a corporate behemoth only points towards the glaring loopholes in the system
RouteDelhi to Boston via Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"nobody answers me"

Trip Verified | My luggage is lost in Turkish flight from Ankara to Istanbul more than one month ago and nobody answers me when I contact Turkish airlines. I have lots of valuable things there and I am so sad why they didn't do anything for me.
RouteAnkara to Istanbul

"the worst airline ever"

Not Verified | London to Cape Town via Istanbul. I have never had a worse experience with an airline. The customer service number is 100% unhelpful and continuous loop of registered messages that answers no useful questions whatsoever, and now I find out that my partner and I got charged almost 10 pounds for calling it! We could not get in contact with anyone during the COVID crisis. Automated Facebook messages kept coming back to me and were of no help at all 3) we get to the airport to find out that we would not be allowed on the flight because we left our home country less than 14 days in advance. for what crazy reason could the airline not send out an email about this to give us enough time to make alternative plans? We were even allowed to do the online checkin 24 hours in advance like nothing was wrong!!! Not only they left us on the ground, but they wouldn't give us any help with finding alternative travelling arrangements, nor a hotel.T his is clearly a breach of their duty of care to passengers. Wouldn't even allow us to request a refund that usually takes 7 days!! Absolutely the worst airline ever and worst customer service ever.
RouteLondon to Cape Town via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"can’t get hold of anyone"

Not Verified | Keyseri to Athens via Istanbul. Terrible customer service, can’t get hold of anyone. Trying to get a refund and in a time of crisis, they seem to be the only airline not giving them $50 AUD refund on and $800 AUD booking when we can’t travel. I’d give them minus stars if possible.
RouteKeyseri to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I cannot get a hold of anyone"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Istanbul. The inbound flight was comfortable since it was only about 3/4 full. New equipment good movies and food. Problems started once we got to the US and flights started to cancel. My return on March 27 was cancelled but I cannot get a hold of anyone. I tried the office in ATL, NYC,LAX no answers. The 800 line is not working. Calling Istanbul directly did not help because after a while they drop the line (tried 3 times). Emails are almost impossible because you receive a standard non-reply from them .. what in the world is one supposed to do in order to make changes?
RouteAtlanta to Istanbul

"they are not reachable"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Seychelles to Budapest via Istanbul. Apart from cancelling the trip, they are not reachable through customer service and also seem to turned off functionalities in their mobile app and website intentionaly, so it's not possible to get refund or reschedule. I believe it is also not customer centric to cancel flights a day before the trip.
RouteSeychelles to Budapest via Istanbul

"The seats are old"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Moscow. The plane is old. The seats are old and recline to a small angle! Basic food, no fun! The harnessing system practically does not work, since it is very old.
RouteIstanbul to Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"ceased to provide a business lounge"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | St Petersburgh to Istanbul. Seats recline at a small angle! Basic food, no fun! The main thing is that since 2020, Turkish Airlines have ceased to provide a business lounge in St. Petersburg. When I wrote the appeal, they answered rudely.
RouteSt Petersburgh to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"choice of food is not large"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Istanbul. The Boeing 787 seats are new and have direct access, but very narrow, it is not comfortable to sit, even if the height is small. The choice of food is not large. Stewards are not always attentive.
RouteBogota to Istanbul

"not comfortable to sit"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Mexico City. The seats are new and have direct access, but very narrow, it is not comfortable to sit, even if the height is small. The choice of food is bad. Stewards are not always attentive.
RouteIstanbul to Mexico City