Tunisair

"It was like a nightmare"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airline I have ever traveled with in my entire life. My flight was 4 hours late so I missed my connection to Barcelona. I had to stay for 24 hours at the airport with no food, water or hotel. My passport was held by transit officers there and I was not allowed to leave the transit room at all. They lost my baggage tag and my boarding pass. I asked for a hotel room to stay the night and they just shout at you and don't reply. I slept on the floor in a very cold room like a prisoner, I am not exaggerating but I felt like I was imprisoned. They wanted money just to let me out of the transit room to buy some water. Very very bad. It was like a nightmare. They have no one to complain to, no customer service, no email replies, no phone replies, simply nothing! Next day I arrived to Barcelona to find out that my luggage was missing. I filed a report and after 20 days my luggage is still missing, not only this but my baggage tag has been lost by the transit officers there. To add to this they never have a flight on time, all their flights are delayed.
RouteCairo to Barcelona via Tunis
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Dirtiest plane ever"

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Dirtiest plane ever! When we walked into the plane, we saw so much dirt on our seats. The seats were torn. There weren't any security instructions papers. Disappointed before the flight as we were waiting at the plane for an hour
RoutePrague to Tunis
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin Crew were fantastic"

Not Verified | I was very pleased with this flight, it was very well organised. Even though it was delayed it wasn’t a problem. When I got on I thought at first the seats might be a bit old but actually they were very comfortable and then the Cabin Crew were fantastic. They were really charming and very helpful. The flight was very smooth and I really enjoyed it it was no trouble at all.
RouteLondon to Tunis
Date FlownJune 2019

"Not very good service"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Tunis. As has become the norm, the flight was late leaving Gatwick. Not as bad as when I returned to the UK when we were kept wailing for nearly 7 hours with no information about what was happening. Then to be offered £25 as compensation was disgusting. On this flight there were two of us who were disabled and had booked for assistance. When we got to Tunis no one knew (or so they said) that we needed assistance. They had stairs for passengers to use we were unable to use stairs. The Cabin crew just shrugged their shoulders and we waited over an hour on the plane before a clapped out host arrived. Then when we got to the building they only had one wheel chair and the poor porter had to go hunting for another chair. He then had to push us both through immigration and eventually to baggage reclaim. Poor lad was shattered. As a result our drivers had been waiting for over two hours. Not very good service and the staff have no idea about customer satisfaction.
RouteGatwick to Tunis
Date FlownMay 2019

"Avoid if possible!"

Not Verified | After more than three flights both internally and internationally that have been delayed significantly with Tunis Air, I warn about the perils of flying with this airline. Unfortunately, there is very little accountability or care to the needs of customers and it has become normal to experience delays without receiving any or very little information. I have had flights delayed between 2 to 8 hours and have come to expect delays all the time. It’s painful and frustrating each time. I don’t understand how this airline remains in business with such poor punctuality record and customer service. Sadly, there’s very little competition thus it continues to trap customers. If you have no choice but to take Tunis Air, just plan for delays and don’t plan connecting flights without a significant amount of time previewed for delays. Avoid if possible!
RouteDjerba to Tunis
Date FlownMarch 2019

"my issue is the dirt"

Not Verified | London Heathrow to Tunis Carthage. Plane was at least over 2 hrs late from departure but our return flight was on time. Service was ridiculously slow. Had 2 ask a few time the same staff member for some water. Food was not tasty, however my issue is the dirt and bacteria from a seating position is absolutely disgusting. Filth is not acceptable on that level, especially at the cost of their tickets. Tunisair you should be ashamed of yourself.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Tunis Carthage
Date FlownJuly 2018

"lack of information"

Trip Verified | Over 4h delay on a 1h 45 min flight from Tunis to Barcelona. What’s more frustrating is the lack of information. No Tunisair representative knows what’s going on, what’s causing the delay, or when we will take over. Do not take this airline unless you want to be stranded.
RouteTunis to Barcelona
Date FlownAugust 2018

"crew were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Tunis to Lyon. Having read negative reviews, I was sceptical. However, I found the experience to be excellent. Although the plane was not new, it was clean and well presented. Boarding was organised and easy, cabin crew were very friendly and went out of their went out of their way to help. Meal was very tasty, for plane food and a gluten free option was available, even although I had not ordered one. The plane was busy, however, compared to many British short haul flights, pax were helpful, polite and quiet. I would not hesitate to fly them again.
RouteTunis to Lyon
Date FlownJune 2018

"the flight cancelled"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Cairo to Frankfurt via Tunis. I booked flight via tripair with Tunisair to Frankfurt, the flight cancelled and gave me another flight in same day so I accepted, then it was cancelled again and gave me two days late flight. I refused this alternative, it was only 15 days before flight and prices got crazy and they refused to pay any compensation. In addition they sent on mail amount of refund which is less than what I payed( 233 Euro and I payed 344 euro) and I am keeping for 5 days and no clear answer how much will be the refund. Beside Tunisair is not replying at all.
RouteCairo to Frankfurt via Tunis
Date FlownJune 2018

"allow kids at take off in the cockpit"

(Tunisia)

Trip Verified | Dakar to Tunis. We had low expectations when we booked Tunisair. They offer cheap fares and generous baggage allowance but you have to put up with delays - one hour and a bit in our case and a lot more - the captain allowed his children to sit in the cockpit during takeoff and landings, and the crew was only interested in catering to them and other crew's relatives, placed in three rows at the back. Allowing anyone into the cockpit is a serious security breach but unfortunately the norm at this state airline - you can imagine in case of an evacuation the crew would mainly care out their relatives. Also the AC didn't work, food was lousy and the crew generally crude but the main reason I won't be using them is the security breach. Tunisair is a loss-making state carrier controlled by labour unions which oppose reforms such as scrapping of free tickets for employees - other airlines offer similar benefits but I doubt they allow kids to take off in the cockpit. Also the captain upgraded passengers to business class after takeoff, probably his relatives or friends so why would anyone pay business class ?
RouteDakar to Tunis