Tunisair

"extremely impolite and disrespectful"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Nouakchott to Paris via Tunis. My first trip was 2 hours late, so that I could not get my connection in Tunis any more. I thought that this was not a big deal, but from there on, the experience became more and more terrible. I was scheduled for another flight 3 hours later, but each time the boarding time approached, the flight was rescheduled even more. The Tunisair staff was extremely impolite and disrespectful: they would turn away from me in the middle of a sentence, not inform me properly on the actual situation and not even try to find solutions in my interest. Altogether I had a delay of 10 hours. The food and water that was provided during this delay were ridiculous. Once arrived in Paris, my two bags were missing. They were delivered to my hotel 30 hours later. Tunisair may be the cheapest, but the next time I will be willing to spend the double just to avoid them.
RouteNouakchott to Paris via Tunis
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst airline I have ever travelled"

Not Verified | Tunis to London. The worst airline I have ever travelled. Planes (both outbound and inbound) were old with no inboard entertainment, appalling food, disgusting state of seats and drop down tray. The food was cold, out of date and not trying to attract any other passenger than Tunisian. Can we have some butter with our dry roll? No! Any milk to have with the tea/coffee? No! Would like a red wine and a rose wine? We have beer. As you can tell, cabin crew (all male) clearly did not go to charm school. As far as toilets were concerned thought I was entering a swimming pool/foot bath with water on the floor. Notified crew but no action taken.
RouteTunis to London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not recommend it to anyone"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Cairo via Tunis. The first leg of the flight was 2:55 min late, just enough not to get compensation. The 2nd part of the route was delayed 6hr. At the airport in Tunis, most of Tunisair flights were on delay. When we arrived in Cairo it was obvious that all luggage had been opened and whatever of value was taken. I would never get close to that airline and I would not recommend it to anyone.
RouteAmsterdam to Cairo via Tunis
Date FlownDecember 2019

"it is always late, very late"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Last November I took a flight from Tunisia to Madrid with my family and it was 5h delayed. Our Tunisian guide and the driver told us that Tunisair flights are never are on time but we didn’t expect a 5 hour delayed at all. We were waiting for many hours and without compensation about it. We have called the airline, we have texted them and written asking for compensation. Almost two months later they just say that there is nothing they can do about it. Just advising you to avoid fliying with Tunisair, not only because of their null clients orientation and solving problem, but also because it is always late, very late. I have been checking, reading and have heard it is always like this.
RouteTunisia to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will avoid in future"

Trip Verified | Nouakchott to Tunis with Tunisair. Aircraft late departing. The aircraft was filthy and seat broken. No inflight entertainment, soiled and tattered inflight magazine. Food tasteless. Make cabin crew indifferent service, almost arrogant, No safety demo, no seat belt check. Will avoid in future.
RouteNouakchott to Tunis
Date FlownDecember 2019

"It was like a nightmare"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airline I have ever traveled with in my entire life. My flight was 4 hours late so I missed my connection to Barcelona. I had to stay for 24 hours at the airport with no food, water or hotel. My passport was held by transit officers there and I was not allowed to leave the transit room at all. They lost my baggage tag and my boarding pass. I asked for a hotel room to stay the night and they just shout at you and don't reply. I slept on the floor in a very cold room like a prisoner, I am not exaggerating but I felt like I was imprisoned. They wanted money just to let me out of the transit room to buy some water. Very very bad. It was like a nightmare. They have no one to complain to, no customer service, no email replies, no phone replies, simply nothing! Next day I arrived to Barcelona to find out that my luggage was missing. I filed a report and after 20 days my luggage is still missing, not only this but my baggage tag has been lost by the transit officers there. To add to this they never have a flight on time, all their flights are delayed.
RouteCairo to Barcelona via Tunis
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Dirtiest plane ever"

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Dirtiest plane ever! When we walked into the plane, we saw so much dirt on our seats. The seats were torn. There weren't any security instructions papers. Disappointed before the flight as we were waiting at the plane for an hour
RoutePrague to Tunis
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin Crew were fantastic"

Not Verified | I was very pleased with this flight, it was very well organised. Even though it was delayed it wasn’t a problem. When I got on I thought at first the seats might be a bit old but actually they were very comfortable and then the Cabin Crew were fantastic. They were really charming and very helpful. The flight was very smooth and I really enjoyed it it was no trouble at all.
RouteLondon to Tunis
Date FlownJune 2019

"Not very good service"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Tunis. As has become the norm, the flight was late leaving Gatwick. Not as bad as when I returned to the UK when we were kept wailing for nearly 7 hours with no information about what was happening. Then to be offered £25 as compensation was disgusting. On this flight there were two of us who were disabled and had booked for assistance. When we got to Tunis no one knew (or so they said) that we needed assistance. They had stairs for passengers to use we were unable to use stairs. The Cabin crew just shrugged their shoulders and we waited over an hour on the plane before a clapped out host arrived. Then when we got to the building they only had one wheel chair and the poor porter had to go hunting for another chair. He then had to push us both through immigration and eventually to baggage reclaim. Poor lad was shattered. As a result our drivers had been waiting for over two hours. Not very good service and the staff have no idea about customer satisfaction.
RouteGatwick to Tunis
Date FlownMay 2019

"Avoid if possible!"

Not Verified | After more than three flights both internally and internationally that have been delayed significantly with Tunis Air, I warn about the perils of flying with this airline. Unfortunately, there is very little accountability or care to the needs of customers and it has become normal to experience delays without receiving any or very little information. I have had flights delayed between 2 to 8 hours and have come to expect delays all the time. It’s painful and frustrating each time. I don’t understand how this airline remains in business with such poor punctuality record and customer service. Sadly, there’s very little competition thus it continues to trap customers. If you have no choice but to take Tunis Air, just plan for delays and don’t plan connecting flights without a significant amount of time previewed for delays. Avoid if possible!
RouteDjerba to Tunis