Transavia

"useless ordeal"

Trip Verified | Porto to Paris (Orly). Horrible flight, delayed, incompetent ground staff. First and last time flying with Transavia. Ground staff made several people send their hand luggage to the hold, claiming that the cabin would be full. In the end, over 30% of all cabin space was empty. In a flight that was already delayed by over an hour, this useless ordeal made us delayed a further 30 minutes.
RoutePorto to Paris (Orly)
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cold and drafty"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Eindhoven. The cabin was extremely cold and drafty. Several passengers asked the crew to solve the problem, but it was neglected. The crew is working and keep warm, while the passengers sits still and get cold. It seems as they didn't understand and the problem was not solved. The crew was composed of very young and seemingly inexperienced persons. Several passengers including myself, had to put on our coats and huts to combat the coldness and draft. We had a second leg with Transavia with no problems though.
RouteTenerife to Eindhoven
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"I was positively surprised"

Trip Verified | I was positively surprised. I have flown with Ryanair and AirAsia a couple of times but Transavia is much better. We could choose a seat in front for free, the boarding went smooth, legroom was okay, food is reasonably priced and the cabin crew were very friendly. I got sick on the way to Marrakech and the crew immediately came to help me and gave me a free non sparkling coke, during the flight the asked me if I was okay two times. Would definitely choose Transavia again.
RouteEindhoven to Marrakech
Date FlownJanuary 2019

" were more then professional"

(China)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Porto. Thank you so much to all crew of the flight HV6001 from Amsterdam to Porto on the 31st January 2019. Besides offering me a sit with more space for my legs, they spared no effort in making me feel comfortable once I informed them I was suffering from migraine. The care they put in helping me was such that I ended up having a quite pleasant flight, despite my poor condition. They were more then professional. They really seemed to care. I wish I could find a better way to thank them.
RouteAmsterdam to Porto
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"very tired looking"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Amsterdam Schipol with Transavia. We booked an extremely cheap flight of $59 dollars to get to Amsterdam for the weekend. The flight was smooth and only 55 minutes long, but the aircraft was old and clearly needed to be updated. It's not that it was not clean, it was just very tired looking.
RouteParis Orly to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2018

"disastrous quality of this airline"

Trip Verified | Paris to Essaouira. I have used Transavia 3 times to various destinations. On the first flight, the airplane was about 1 hour late. The second time, the plane was again 1 hour late. However, the disastrous quality of this airline was best evidenced by my last trip. Before boarding the plane, the ground staff asked me to leave my cabin luggage before boarding the plane for the luggage to be checked in, despite the fact there was plenty of room in the overhead compartments. However, my luggage never arrived to the destination. Transavia provided poor information (with supposed "French speaking staff" not being able to speak French) on the matter and this airline did not proactively communicate on the fact that the luggage was definitely lost. The airline also provided a ridiculously low amount as indemnification (resulting in additional expenses for me for about 600 euros not covered by the indemnification).
RouteParis to Essaouira
Date FlownDecember 2018

"still not take responsibility"

Trip Verified | I recently booked an open-jaw ticket AMS-OVD/TLV-AMS for March 2019. When my Amex card was going to be charged, a notice appeared in Dutch (see attachment) that corporate cards would be charged with an additional amount of € 10,52. After the payment had been completed I contacted Transavia, because when I booked a flight earlier this year, the extra amount was refunded. Their response was now that they have changed the rules and that I will not be refunded. However, I responded that the message appearing on the screen while paying, clearly stated that it applied to corporate cards. I have a personal Amex Flying Blue card. Amex has also indicated that I don't have a corporate card. After engaging with Transavia about four times, they will still not take responsibility for the information that appears on their website when booking a ticket paying by credit card. Transavia, when are you going to do something that will give credibility with your customers?
RouteAmsterdam to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2018

"They refuse to compensate"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Munich to Amsterdam. Flight delayed over 17 hours. They refuse to compensate. My flight number is HV5202, supposed to depart from Munich International Airport at 21:35, but was delayed by over 17 hours. I only got notification 2 hours after it suppose to fly. It was midnight, and the staff just sent us all with our luggage and nowhere to go. Around 1AM we got email about the flight will be on the next day at 13.00 (but in the end it boarded on 15.00). I have no choice but to book a hotel to stay overnight. I contact their customer service asking for compensation and my first try is denied saying the cause of delayed is not preventable. I read that The Court of Justice of the European Union has interpreted passenger rights strictly, so that there are virtually no exceptions for airlines to evade their obligations for breach of contract. It's my first time using Transavia and it's really disappointing specially the customer service part. The time that is wasted cant be brought back.
RouteMunich to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Horrendous experience!"

Trip Verified | Geneva to Rotterdam. Horrendous experience! I had to cancel the ticket with 30 minutes after making a reservation, and there was no such option. I filled out a form, they got back to me a week later checking if I still want to cancel and offered to refund airport tax of 13 Euros. I had a complex itinerary and was able to cancel reservations with other airlines, but not Transavia. Never again!
RouteGeneva to Rotterdam
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I will not use them ever again"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Paris Orly. Price was reasonable and it was easy to book online. The round trip flights Paris to Malaga we’re fine. The air crew was nice. Check in at Paris Orly was very confusing and disorganised. It was worse in Malaga, where we had to remind them to place tags properly on our bags, they were very sloppy and unfriendly. Sure enough, one of our bags was missing when we arrived in Paris Orly (14 July). We filed a report immediately and called everyday for updates. After 2-3 weeks they said my bag was found, but it’s never been sent to me. I’ve called and emailed 20x and they don’t know what to do. The Montreal Convention requires them to reimburse for loss after 21 days, so I filed a claim with receipts and everything (hours and hours to prepare). They haven’t paid, it’s been 90 days, and they still tell me my luggage was found and a supervisor would sort it out. Same story every two weeks, and I have to call them! I understand lost luggage, but not finding my luggage and not paying my claim? Worst experience in 30 years of flying. I will not use them ever again.
RouteMalaga to Paris Orly