Transavia

"Will never fly Transavia again"

Trip Verified | Innsbruck to Amsterdam. We received an email that the flight was delayed by 2 hours. We were then told by the ground staff to be around the airport, in case a plane became available- but of course, that did not happen. On board, food is not complimentary. Transavia sells itself as a budget carrier but it really is not. Return flights cost over €800 per person for 90 minutes flight within Europe, and we still had to pay for food. What it really is - a small airline with small aircraft that scalps passengers but provides budget service. We also got different seats on our printed boarding passes and our online boarding passes. They can’t even get the seats right. Will never fly Transavia again.
RouteInnsbruck to Amsterdam
Date FlownMarch 2020

"extremely uncomfortable seats"

Trip Verified | Transavia has the only direct flights between Amsterdam and Innsbruck. For the 1.5 hour flight, it cost over €800 per person inclusive of hold luggage and seat selection. At check in, the queues to check in were short - although the airport is not busy with the travel bans. At the gate, we received an email that our flight will depart 17 minutes later (at 1pm). The plane only started reversing at 1.25pm. 40 minutes after the plane was supposed to take off. On board, the seats are a strange green with very little leg room. Given the cost for the 1.5 hour flight, we felt thoroughly cheated - we were packed like sheep going to the slaughterhouse. There wasn’t even a window for our row (row 12). Mid-flight, the food trolley came past and over priced snacks were available for purchase - yes, despite the cost of the flight. Landing in Innsbruck, we seemed to be prioritized behind Austrian airlines when it came to baggage claim (even though we arrived first). We will never fly Transavia again. Even though it has the only direct flight to Innsbruck, the delays, extremely uncomfortable seats and lack of window makes it not worthwhile. If we had flown to Germany and then drove in, we would have arrived at the same time anyway.
RouteAmsterdam to Innsbruck
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never landed on time"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Malaga. Flying at least every 2 weeks for the past 1 years and never landed on time. The usual amount of delay is at least half an hour every flights and today we are already delayed in Amsterdam for at least half an hour again due to the incompetence for not finishing the boarding in time.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not always low on cost"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Thessaloniki. I travel frequently to Greece to visit my family and I use Transavia since it’s the only direct flight to my hometown out of Amsterdam. I am generally happy with the service since I do know what to expect although for the record it is not always low on cost.
RouteAmsterdam to Thessaloniki
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"so disappointed with this airline"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Amsterdam. Never again! I am so disappointed with this airline. I am a single mom, i sent my child with the accompanied child service to visit his dad on holidays, what i got? The company lost my 5yr old child glasses during the flight, 300EUR glasses. Because he fellt asleep and they didn’t take all his belongings. I did all the procedures, the answer I got is if isn’t in lost and found that means it didn’t get lost in the flight. Of course he wore them to get into the flight. Never again.
RouteBarcelona to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"usual amount of delay half an hour"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Thessaloniki. Flying at least every 6-8 weeks for the past 2 years and i almost never landed on time. The usual amount of delay is at least half an hour in almost every of my flights and today we are already stuck in Amsterdam for at least half an hour again due to the incompetence for not finishing the boarding in time.
RouteAmsterdam to Thessaloniki
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no free food or drinks"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Tenerife. Awful service, no free food or drinks, only paid overpriced drinks and snacks. Old plane's infrastructure: seats very shabby! Also, the distance between seats is narrow: I am only 1.75 tall but my knees were stubborn into the front seat. No Wi-Fi, no intranet, no radio or TV.
RouteAmsterdam to Tenerife
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not a low-cost company"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Malaga. The only reason why I chose this company is that they have many routes. It is definitely not a low-cost company. Not worthy in terms of quality / service. Their luggage policies are extreme (even worse than Ryanair) and of course, you have to pay all on board. Often their flights are delayed (I have waited for 30 mins to 4 hours) and in general, the service is really bad. They sometimes don't explain to you even why all those delays. There is not much space for the legs (and I'm not very tall), they encourage you to "take all the trash with you " several times, no in-flight entertainment, rude hostess. As I said, I fly with them because is the easiest way to go to Spain from The Netherlands, but i always try to choose other companies if it is possible
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Left my jacket in overhead locker"

Trip Verified | Innsbruck to Amsterdam. Travelling back from holiday, very early start. Left my jacket in overhead locker. Unfortunately I could not get all my hand luggage etc into one locker and forget I left the jacket in another locker. We were one of the last people to leave the aircraft. I contacted airline help desk 30 minutes after arrival. They said the cleaners must have taken it. They didn’t care, took no details told me to contact loss and found in the airport. Which required me going out of the departure area finding the lost and found desk. They said I should really go via the airline. I said I did and they then directed me to the online form. Had to go through security again etc. Basically a complete waste of time. Lost a lovely light weight winter jacket £225 plus sunglasses £100.
RouteInnsbruck to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never recommend Transavia"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Reykjavik. The flight was delayed on the outbound journey, the plane was not clean, and some cabin staff were unprofessional. On the return flight, the flight was 2 hours 20 minutes delayed. We were offered 5 euros to buy a meal, but that only buys a cola? I would never recommend Transavia to people.
RouteAmsterdam to Reykjavik