Transavia

"We had a terrible experience"

(Israel)

Not Verified | We had a terrible experience traveling on Jan 5-8th with our service dog. Our flight on Jan 8th was delayed and we were sent from one check-in area to another. Despite arriving 2 hours early, we were told the check-in was closed and had to take another flight. We came back the next day, and had to wait for 3.5 hours for the service dog to be allowed on the flight, then 1 minute before departure they told us the dog is allowed and they made a mistake. We were not given any options for accommodation or compensation for the time lost.
RouteParis to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"lack of honesty and professionalism"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | My flight got cancelled and I was rebooked on a later flight without any notification from the company. I wrote a complaint to explain I could not take a later flight and needed to then go earlier and to ask for a compensation for my wasted train ticket and the extra hotel night I was going to have to book. They refused, arguing that they had sent me a notification e-mail few days before (no evidence of this supposed e-mail of course) and that they were not required to do anything for me since I "was notified more than 14 days before flight). Amazing lack of honesty and professionalism here.
RouteAmsterdam to Ibiza
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Transavia cancelled my flight without notice"

Not Verified | Transavia cancelled my flight without notice, stranding me in Thessaloniki. Over the course of several calls and a dozen complaint filings, they have claimed that I was sent a cancellation notice, then said that I was *not* sent a cancellation notice, and then said that actually, they didn't cancel the flight, that it was actually Delta (with whom I booked the flight). Obviously, these things cannot all be true, and Transavia has adopted a business model of lying to its customers. I wasn't able to get to my destination, and am now out hundreds of dollars for rebooked travel and lodging. Do not fly with this shady outfit, they are unscrupulous and will screw you over.
RouteThessaloniki to Amsterdam
Date FlownNovember 2022

"no discount for flight changes"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Pisa, at 10:20, gate closes at 10:05. We enter the controls at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport at 8:30, we leave at 10:00, at 10:08 we arrive at the gate. They were intransigent (even knowing that we had been at the controls since 8:30. No refunds, no discount for flight changes.
RouteAmsterdam to Pisa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airlines I've travelled with when it comes to service and onboard safety and comfort. I always have difficulty breathing while on their flight. I never have this problem with other airline. This time, since I'm 5 months pregnant, I asked for oxygen and they refused to give it to me, repeatedly. Me and my husband asked them for oxygen over 5 times and they told us that, unless I'm passing out or visually suffering, they will not give me oxygen. Then they proceeded in giving cold towels claiming I'm just over heating.
RouteTel Aviv to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Nice flight with a cheerful crew"

Not Verified | Nice flight with a cheerful crew who managed to create a little bit of a warm hospitable atmosphere. Yes, it is a typical low cost experience, but not too bad. Short delay and a smooth landing. I was spoiled being allocated an emergency exit seat for the four hours flight however. Thank you!
RouteAmsterdam to Gran Canaria
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"service was incredibly good"

Trip Verified | Staff and service was incredibly good, especially in a difficult time as no due to staff shortage. I’m getting married in Spain soon and I took a flight yesterday from Rotterdam to Malaga in the morning, HV5023. I was carrying my dress and was very nervous about keeping it well during the flight. The staff was really helpful and kind. It already started at Rotterdam airport while checking in. Also during the flight everyone was taking good care of us and the rest of the passengers! Big shout out to this incredible team! Thank you so much! You gave us an amazing experience!
RouteRotterdam to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2022

"seat was very uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Very bad airline that falls under KLM. On the way there was a rude head stewardess who refused to do the safety demonstrations in English and did not speak English on the flight. So someone who doesn't understand Dutch doesn't know what to do. It is known that Dutch flight attendants have a very cold/rude attitude, also on this flight from Transavia and Stewards aboard with no experience. People who think to pay 9 euros extra to be sure that you can take luggage with you are wrong. Most of them still had to drop off their luggage. Food & beverages are extremely expensive. For 1 sandwich you already pay almost 10 euros. I would not recommend this airlines for flight for over 1.5 hours. The seat was very uncomfortable and extremely small.
RouteRotterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"felt in good hands at all times"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Short no-frills hop, for which I had to check in four hours in advance because of the current disgraceful situation at Schiphol. Extremely efficient self check-in process for luggage. For the flight itself, I didn’t expect much and I didn’t get anything, except the necessary and most important: I reached my destination safely. Very professional crew with clear safety announcements. Definitely felt in good hands at all times.
RouteAmsterdam to Pisa
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never use this airline anymore"

Not Verified | No online boarding which led to an hour and a half line to check in They took my hand luggage when boarding and told me that you need to pay extra if you want to be sure to have it on board (never got this information beforehand) . The aircraft members were so rude and treated me so badly with a very arrogant tone. Then I had to carry my heavy computer in my hands and they didn't offered me even a bag to transport it. I had 5 hours transit time between my flights and had to carry this laptop everywhere. They really don't care about the comfort of their passengers and just want to make extra money whenever they want. On top of that, my luggage was lost and not registered on my next flight when I asked the airline to check it out. I've been really lucky to find it at my destination but no proper follow up was possible. I will never use this airline anymore.
RoutePorto to Amsterdam