Transavia

"I will not use them ever again"

Trip Verified | Malaga to Paris Orly. Price was reasonable and it was easy to book online. The round trip flights Paris to Malaga we’re fine. The air crew was nice. Check in at Paris Orly was very confusing and disorganised. It was worse in Malaga, where we had to remind them to place tags properly on our bags, they were very sloppy and unfriendly. Sure enough, one of our bags was missing when we arrived in Paris Orly (14 July). We filed a report immediately and called everyday for updates. After 2-3 weeks they said my bag was found, but it’s never been sent to me. I’ve called and emailed 20x and they don’t know what to do. The Montreal Convention requires them to reimburse for loss after 21 days, so I filed a claim with receipts and everything (hours and hours to prepare). They haven’t paid, it’s been 90 days, and they still tell me my luggage was found and a supervisor would sort it out. Same story every two weeks, and I have to call them! I understand lost luggage, but not finding my luggage and not paying my claim? Worst experience in 30 years of flying. I will not use them ever again.
RouteMalaga to Paris Orly
Date FlownJuly 2018

"a wonderful experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Fuerteventura. Superb experience. Great check-in, nice reminder and sufficient self service. Good service on-board. Taking price into account it was a wonderful experience!
RouteAmsterdam to Fuerteventura
Date FlownAugust 2018

"it was a good flight"

Not Verified | Marrakech to Amsterdam. We flew on Transavia from Amsterdam for our vacation in Morocco. The staff were kind and spoke good English, seats were quite nice for a low cost airline (also they’re green, so quirky!). We didn’t order food as these weren’t long flights. There’s no WiFi, seat power, or entertainment systems on the plane, but it was a good flight at a relatively cheap price.
RouteMarrakech to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Basic but comfortable"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Porto to Amsterdam. Basic but comfortable and efficient flight. Check in experience in Porto was efficient and friendly. They don't seem to have as many silly, hostile rules and fees as some of their other LCC competitors. The cabin service on this flight was good, and I particularly liked the fact that the captain seemed to give plenty of announcements. As a somewhat-nervous flyer, hearing from the captain is always calming and re-assuring. The captain even stood at the exit with the flight attendants at the end of the flight and farewelled passengers! No free service or entertainment but it's an LCC so it's expected. Purchase-able food menu seemed okay, though I didn't buy anything. Seat was comfortable enough for the length of the flight. Flight departed somewhat late but managed to make up some time and so we only ended up arriving only 15 minutes past schedule.
RoutePorto to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2018

"can not have high expectations"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flew Pisa to Amsterdam with Transavia. Very simple airline, so you can not have high expectations. The ground service at PSA airport was really painful, slow boarding and boarded by foot. The seats are not very comfortable and the space for legs is really small, you need to pay (crazy expensive!) for food and beverages. However, usually this airline is quite cheap and overall is acceptable for short flight!
RoutePisa to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2017

"They play the silence mode"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Malaga. Transavia lost my luggage.I did all the processes needed. They play the silence mode with customers, they don't answer emails, customer services send you to a website it doesn't exist.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I would not recommend it"

Not Verified | Thessaloniki to Amsterdam. This trip was absolutely frustrating. The flight was delayed for 2 hours, without receiving any notification from the company. We had to wait in front of the gate for 1 hour and a half and after passing the gate, we had to wait just outside of the gate, on the stairs, against the wind and the noise of an airport for certainly half an hour. My friend had a corresponding flight which he missed and all he was told was "Good luck". I had only booked hand-luggage and due to overbooking, I was forced to leave my bag as a cargo. Upon our arrival in Amsterdam, there was an extra 30 minutes of waiting for my bag, along with 2-3 other bags that were left behind for some reason. The services of Transavia are getting extremely low; I would not recommend it.
RouteThessaloniki to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2018

"crew helpful and friendly"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Dublin. Max fare so it did not cost me more to change to a flight a few days earlier (new flight had no fare difference). Some technical problem so boarding was delayed and flight took off about 40 minutes late but only a few minutes late arriving in Dublin. The passengers were well informed by the captain though. Overall the flight went OK and the crew helpful and friendly. However the behaviour of some passengers are unacceptable to me, I had to endure a good part of the flight with the person next to me who decided to take his shoes off and put his two feet up on the wall. I said nothing as I don't want to make a scene but perhaps airlines should have some rules regarding this. When I fly I am always respectful of other passengers but obviously not everyone thinks the same way.
RouteParis Orly to Dublin

"uncomfortable flight experience"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seville. Booked seats at the very front of the aircraft. We began boarding on time but got stuck for over 45 minutes in the hallway after they check your boarding pass and before you board the plane. It was very uncomfortable and hot in the hallway and tiring to stand for that long with all the carry on luggage and backpacks. There was no explanation for the delay. We finally boarded the plane at the time we were supposed to take off and the plane took off about 30 minutes late. The seats were small, my companion a 200lb male was cramped in his seat at the front of the plane. Overall an uncomfortable flight experience. The cost of the flight was also not worth it, easy jet would have been better.
RouteParis to Seville
Date FlownApril 2018

"Quick and efficient flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Dublin to Paris Orly with Transavia. Quick and efficient flight. Take off was a few minutes late but arrived on time. The front seat (2F) was comfortable and with good leg room. On board service efficient and friendly. Food and drinks for purchase at reasonable prices. I opted for the pain au chocolat with coffee breakfast for 4 euros. Baggage was already waiting after clearing immigration (slight wait at immigration but it appears to have been handled much better than the last time I passed through Orly). Overall a good flight the only thing I was quite unhappy about was that the counter for bagage check in only opened two hours before scheduled departure yet airlines tend to advise us to arrive well in advance (I was at the airport about three hours before the flight was due to leave).
RouteDublin to Paris Orly