Transavia

"felt in good hands at all times"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Short no-frills hop, for which I had to check in four hours in advance because of the current disgraceful situation at Schiphol. Extremely efficient self check-in process for luggage. For the flight itself, I didn’t expect much and I didn’t get anything, except the necessary and most important: I reached my destination safely. Very professional crew with clear safety announcements. Definitely felt in good hands at all times.
RouteAmsterdam to Pisa
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never use this airline anymore"

Not Verified | No online boarding which led to an hour and a half line to check in They took my hand luggage when boarding and told me that you need to pay extra if you want to be sure to have it on board (never got this information beforehand) . The aircraft members were so rude and treated me so badly with a very arrogant tone. Then I had to carry my heavy computer in my hands and they didn't offered me even a bag to transport it. I had 5 hours transit time between my flights and had to carry this laptop everywhere. They really don't care about the comfort of their passengers and just want to make extra money whenever they want. On top of that, my luggage was lost and not registered on my next flight when I asked the airline to check it out. I've been really lucky to find it at my destination but no proper follow up was possible. I will never use this airline anymore.
RoutePorto to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Better spend a bit more to get a decent airline"

Not Verified | Checked my luggage even though I explicitly do not want my luggage in checked luggage as it can get damaged and I have to wait to pick it up. Also made comments about me being late, even though I was in the boarding queue, but they messed up cabin luggage and had to get my carry on luggage a label, which was also messed up. Better spend a bit more to get a decent airline.
RouteSeville to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Overall can’t really complain"

Trip Verified | Booked KLM Cork to Seville via Amsterdam with Amsterdam Seville legs flown with Transavia. Overall can’t really complain. They are effectively the charter leg of KLM and as such pretty much like most charters. Unlike KLM legs any food /drink was purchase only, didn’t buy anything but prices were reasonable. Seats were pretty standard legroom not great not poor …. I kinda liked the green leather though some may find it a bit garish. Most reviews not great but I found them fine. On time crews were again really friendly and polite, worked hard to help passengers find luggage space . Also special mention to the Transavia guy in Seville who noticed my lad had a football he had purchased. He told us it needed to be deflated a little to compensate for aircraft pressure. We had nothing to deflate it with but he asked a lady in the check in queue for her hair clip and then spent 10 minutes using this to get it deflated - much to the amusement of the waiting passengers! All done with a smile so while others may have issues we had a positive experience so feel that deserves to be said. I travel a lot and often think we are very quick to criticise (myself included) but when things go well then maybe not so quick to acknowledge!
RouteAmsterdam to Seville

"my kudos to Transavia"

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly from Corfu, to Paris Orly airport and catch a connection from Paris Orly to Biarritz. We had two hours for the connection in Paris, which was tight since we had to retrieve our luggage and register them again. This was very clear from the beginning when I bought the tickets, so no question about it. Because of chaotic conditions in Corfu (widely understaffed for the first big summer vacation week end since Covid), we departed 2 hours late. The captain was good at communicating about the situation. I inquired with the cabin crew about my very short connection. Since I purchased the extra insurance to cover any travel interruption he told me that their mission was to take us and our luggage to the final destination. As we were flying over Italy, the captain was able to communicate with the ground crew in Paris about our situation, the cabin crew checked our boarding pass for next flight, asked me about the color, size and brand of our luggage. We deboarded the plane and waited outside the plane door as the cleaning crew was inside. Ground crew personally confirmed our luggage has been identified and was staying inside the plane. We then started boarding again with the new flight crew. So despite all the negative feedback that can be posted about low cost airlines, I am sending my kudos to Transavia with a stellar rating.
RouteCorfu to Paris

"most uncomfortable flight"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. I traveled with this company back and forth from Tel Aviv to Paris. Both flights had delays of over two hours, the staff behaved appallingly, bad service, poor speech. The seat is the smallest and most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on, not recommended at all.
RouteParis to Tel Aviv
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no alternative flights are offered"

Trip Verified | Booked round trip flights from Amsterdam to Riga for a group of 17. Flights were booked 5 months in advance. 1 month before the flight Transavia informs me by e-mail that the flights are cancelled. Called them and was told by agents no alternative flights are offered. The only option is a refund. Alternative flights to Riga are currently 300 euros more expensive than what we paid at the time of booking. This means the actions of transavia resulted in 5000 (17*300) euro damage for us. Never again!
RouteAmsterdam to Riga

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | If you want horrible customer service and mediocre flights this is the airline for you. They can cancel or change your flight and provide no compensation; we had our original flight at 8:25pm and got moved to a 2pm flight which ruined our whole plan - when we contacted to change the flight at least to the next day they said it was not available, when we ask to book us on an available KLM flight (Transavia is owned by KLM-Airfrance) our phone was cut and our email + form were just ignored (14 days and counting). The customer service will either pick up your call and pretend to not hear you. The funny thing is they put us on a KLM plane on our flight here (not communicated at all and last minute; I wonder how they could suddenly book that). There is no way to sugarcoat it, it is a horrible airline that is extremely overpriced for the service you get.
RouteRotterdam to Barcelona
Date FlownJuly 2022

"almost everything went very well"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | When I first booked Transavia (France) I was very scared because of bad reviews I had read. To my surprise almost everything went very well. There was no problem with putting my 10kg luggage in a hold for free. Flight attendants were very nice. I had a lot of space for legs and my stuff (my height is 161 cm, my boyfriend's height is 180 cm he could fit comfortably as well). The only inconvenience we had was a 45 minutes delay, because we had to wait for a free slot to be able to take-off. However, the pilot managed to land quicker than planned so the delay was even shorter. In general I enjoyed my flight and I would decide to book Transavia France again.
RouteBerlin to Nantes
Date FlownApril 2022

"I will never book with this company again"

Trip Verified | No ethics or decency. I had to cancel my flight 2 hours after booking because of family logistics and book a flight from Nantes airport instead of Paris. They would not refund the 277€, exchange the flight or even re-instate the original flight. It was an honest mistake and I have paid dearly for it. I will never book with this company again and urge others not to also. A company that has no decency should be boycotted because these companies abuse our trust and take our hard earned money for absolutely nothing. That’s not the way this world should be. Profiting off of peoples mistakes or misfortunes. To me that was a lot of money. I would rather drive 18 hours than fly with one of these unethical companies ever again.
RouteParis to Faro