Transavia

"denying the cancellation"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seville. I purchased two tickets for travel in September from JUSTFLY, where no-penalty 24-hour cancellation was clearly stated. Unfortunately when I then had to cancel, neither JUSTFLY nor Transavia honored the policy. JUSTFLY told me I had to contact the airline, but no one at JUSTFLY had the Transavia phone number; on the Transavia website it said I had to ask the booking agent for authorization to cancel. Transavia wrote me denying the cancellation. This is dreadfully deceptive practice.
RouteParis to Seville
Date FlownAugust 2019

"such a poor service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Heraklion. Both flights were not very good. The food and drinks available were very limited. Some cabin staff could be more friendly. The plane was very warm - the air-conditioning was not good. The planes looked old. I also find the cost of Transavia flights very expensive for such a poor service, when compaired to EasyJet.
RouteAmsterdam to Heraklion
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Horrendous luggage delivery"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Ibiza to Paris Orly. Horrendous luggage delivery at orly airport. 1 hour delay delivery despite plane landing 15 minutes ahead of time. Nobody from Transavia around to inform or manage. Being low cost does not mean Transavia can drop its end to end responsibility. Missing the basics of Customer service.
AircraftBoeing 737- 800
RouteIbiza to Paris Orly
Date FlownJune 2019

"never boarded a Transavia plane"

Trip Verified | At 1:30 am the day of departure for a 6:30 flight from Orly to Dublin I received an email confirming our flight and saying I could sign in. I tried to do that, but it wouldn’t go through. So I arrived at the Orly airport at 4:00am ready to fly, and when I showed the confirmation of our flight was told “ It’s not your fault. There is no flight to Dublin today. It’s tomorrow. Your boarding pass is correct, but there is no flight. Go to the Transavia counter.” There we were told to call a number to get a refund after 8:00 am. Our phones were not connecting in France, so impossible, and there is no public phone in the airport. And a refund was not what we wanted. We needed a flight to Dublin. So after pleading for help from the Transavia agent she used her personal phone to find us a flight to Dublin that day on AerLingus. We TRULY appreciated her help. Of course this flight cost 5 times what we had paid to Transavia, and also left from Charles DeGaulle airport. So we took a bus there costing an additional €40, and managed to get to our destination in time to spend a night in Dublin and catch a Norwegian flight to the USA the next day. I still have not received any communication from Transavia regarding this change of schedule. It’s like it didn’t happen from their end. That’s not all! As a previous reviewer wrote, the week before our Transavia flight from Dublin to Orly was cancelled due to the controllers strike (understandable) but again no assistance. We ended up flying to Brussels on Ryan Air and trained from there to Paris, once again at great expense. So two for two, and we’ve never boarded a Transavia plane! And getting to refund requires effort on my part. They know I paid and didn’t fly, so why can’t they automatically refund my credit card? Never Again.
RouteParis to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2019

"an airline I will avoid"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Paris. Flight cancelled because of the general strike in France. They sent me a link which did not work. Finally had to send a message through Facebook and their website and was told I had to wait 2-4 weeks to get my money back. In the meantime I had to book another flight with Air France (more expensive) but at least their service was great. As though this was not enough I received an email inviting me to check in for the cancelled flight and the next day an e mail as to what to do in Paris. After cancelling the flight they should at least take care not to send these annoying messages. This is an airline I will avoid from now on.
RouteDublin to Paris

"Lack of Communication"

Trip Verified | My 2 friends and I flew first with KLM from Berlin to Amsterdam and then with Transavia from Amsterdam to Marrakesh (and back vice versa). Both trips with Transavia weren't 100% enjoyable due to the following reasons: 1. Lack of Communication on Luggage: before flying, there was no communication that there are differences in the hand luggage policy between KLM (1 pieces + accessory) and Transavia (1 piece). Yes, the additional hand luggage has been checked in by Transavia for free but an information beforehand would have been appreciated in order to consider packing in the first place. Reason provided by staff at airport "we're a low budget airline". Fair point - still created misunderstanding and negative experience. 2. Lack of Little Pleasantries: no free snack or beverage on a 3.5hrs flight 3. Lack of Visibility/Transparency on Flight Details: no possibility to check flight information online on website - reason provided by customer service: booking includes flights from 2 airlines (KLM & Transavia) 4. Lack of Communication: at airport in Marrakesh, at 6am, information screen stated that check-in counter is open, staff appeared at 6:45am (staff at airport only said that we've to wait) - it's okay to wait but then don't say that the check-in is open. In general, I have understanding for a lot of things but I'd just appreciate more communication and visibility on possible differences to other airlines up-front.
RouteBerlin to Marrakesh via Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2019

"strict policy on 1 hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Paris to Lisbon. Flight delayed by 1hr. Rough attitude from staff on the ground with strict policy on 1 hand luggage even if luggage fits size. Fast track service paid, useful when boarding but then chaos to the flight. Very disappointing and stressful situation not worth the saving in the price of the ticket. The company and staff need a bit more experience.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2019

"No sandwiches available"

Trip Verified | Faro to Eindhoven. Left about half an hour late due to an oil spillage on the runway (not a fault of the airline). New aircraft with modern sky interior. Very tight and rock-hard seating, which led to an uncomfortable flight and back pain. Table was filthy, completely covered in coffee stains on the front and back. Asked the steward for a wet cloth and cleaned it ourselves. Flight departed at 18.30. No sandwiches whatsoever available (the plane had already made a return flight that day and catering was apparently not replenished). Also warm cheese sandwiches were sold out. So very little food items to choose from, which is unexceptable. Crew advised the passengers to send a complaint to customer services. Perhaps Transavia can also think of adding or changing their catering assortment onboard, beacuse it has been more or less the same (especially the sandwiches) for at least the past 10 years! A warm meal like other LCC's or even TUI offer for purchase could be an idea, also considering Transvia flies to far away destinations like Dubai. Cabin crew were friendly and flight calm and uneventful, but Transavia could make some effort in providing a better onboard experience.
RouteFaro to Eindhoven
Date FlownMarch 2019

"useless ordeal"

Trip Verified | Porto to Paris (Orly). Horrible flight, delayed, incompetent ground staff. First and last time flying with Transavia. Ground staff made several people send their hand luggage to the hold, claiming that the cabin would be full. In the end, over 30% of all cabin space was empty. In a flight that was already delayed by over an hour, this useless ordeal made us delayed a further 30 minutes.
RoutePorto to Paris (Orly)
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cold and drafty"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Eindhoven. The cabin was extremely cold and drafty. Several passengers asked the crew to solve the problem, but it was neglected. The crew is working and keep warm, while the passengers sits still and get cold. It seems as they didn't understand and the problem was not solved. The crew was composed of very young and seemingly inexperienced persons. Several passengers including myself, had to put on our coats and huts to combat the coldness and draft. We had a second leg with Transavia with no problems though.
RouteTenerife to Eindhoven