Transavia

"Crew was pleasant"

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Eindhoven. Flight landed on time. Seats are very cramped on the newer airplanes of Transavia. No IFE on board. Crew was pleasant and correct. Prices for food and drinks weer average.
RouteHeraklion to Eindhoven
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"cabin crew were very good"

Trip Verified | Eindhoven to Heraklion. Our flight from Heraklion was delayed by 6 hours due to a technical problem with the computer. Transavia promised us to compensate us within 2 weeks after filing a compensation report so thats great! Flight was OK, legroom was poor, but cabin crew were very good. Also the sandwich I bought was good and for 4 euros well priced.
RouteEindhoven to Heraklion
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"book with a different airline"

Not Verified | Pisa to Amsterdam. I do not recommend this airline. After having a three hour delay for my flight over to the Netherlands I didn't love the airline. After they cancelled our flight back to Pisa merely hours before we were supposed to board and leave without reason. When asked we were met with vague scrambled explanations and told there was no other option to fly back that day. Not only that, but they said they couldn't do anything for at least 48 hours! As a student who's studying abroad and needed to get back at least by Monday afternoon for class (which doesn't allow excused absences because of travel issues like most programs) I was very stressed. They finally after much arguing, to a representative who didn't even work for Transavia we were able to get a flight for Monday night .. which was delayed also. They did provide us with meal vouchers, though not enough to cover all of the meals we needed, and a nice hotel we still had to spend money on transportation to a different airport to fly home. This rant just barely covers what we had to deal with while traveling. I will be calling to get a refund. Definitely book with a different airline.
RoutePisa to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"check-in policy is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Verona to Amsterdam. One-and-a-half-hour delay on the outbound flight and three-hour delay on the return flight. On top of that, the online check-in policy is ridiculous: there are only a fixed number of free seats. When those are reserved, either you pay 10€ for a seat, or you "conveniently" check-in at the airport desk. This experience with this company counts twice for me: first and last. Ryanair feels like Emirates compared to Transavia.
RouteVerona to Amsterdam

"denying the cancellation"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seville. I purchased two tickets for travel in September from JUSTFLY, where no-penalty 24-hour cancellation was clearly stated. Unfortunately when I then had to cancel, neither JUSTFLY nor Transavia honored the policy. JUSTFLY told me I had to contact the airline, but no one at JUSTFLY had the Transavia phone number; on the Transavia website it said I had to ask the booking agent for authorization to cancel. Transavia wrote me denying the cancellation. This is dreadfully deceptive practice.
RouteParis to Seville
Date FlownAugust 2019

"such a poor service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Heraklion. Both flights were not very good. The food and drinks available were very limited. Some cabin staff could be more friendly. The plane was very warm - the air-conditioning was not good. The planes looked old. I also find the cost of Transavia flights very expensive for such a poor service, when compaired to EasyJet.
RouteAmsterdam to Heraklion
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Horrendous luggage delivery"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Ibiza to Paris Orly. Horrendous luggage delivery at orly airport. 1 hour delay delivery despite plane landing 15 minutes ahead of time. Nobody from Transavia around to inform or manage. Being low cost does not mean Transavia can drop its end to end responsibility. Missing the basics of Customer service.
AircraftBoeing 737- 800
RouteIbiza to Paris Orly
Date FlownJune 2019

"never boarded a Transavia plane"

Trip Verified | At 1:30 am the day of departure for a 6:30 flight from Orly to Dublin I received an email confirming our flight and saying I could sign in. I tried to do that, but it wouldn’t go through. So I arrived at the Orly airport at 4:00am ready to fly, and when I showed the confirmation of our flight was told “ It’s not your fault. There is no flight to Dublin today. It’s tomorrow. Your boarding pass is correct, but there is no flight. Go to the Transavia counter.” There we were told to call a number to get a refund after 8:00 am. Our phones were not connecting in France, so impossible, and there is no public phone in the airport. And a refund was not what we wanted. We needed a flight to Dublin. So after pleading for help from the Transavia agent she used her personal phone to find us a flight to Dublin that day on AerLingus. We TRULY appreciated her help. Of course this flight cost 5 times what we had paid to Transavia, and also left from Charles DeGaulle airport. So we took a bus there costing an additional €40, and managed to get to our destination in time to spend a night in Dublin and catch a Norwegian flight to the USA the next day. I still have not received any communication from Transavia regarding this change of schedule. It’s like it didn’t happen from their end. That’s not all! As a previous reviewer wrote, the week before our Transavia flight from Dublin to Orly was cancelled due to the controllers strike (understandable) but again no assistance. We ended up flying to Brussels on Ryan Air and trained from there to Paris, once again at great expense. So two for two, and we’ve never boarded a Transavia plane! And getting to refund requires effort on my part. They know I paid and didn’t fly, so why can’t they automatically refund my credit card? Never Again.
RouteParis to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2019

"an airline I will avoid"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Paris. Flight cancelled because of the general strike in France. They sent me a link which did not work. Finally had to send a message through Facebook and their website and was told I had to wait 2-4 weeks to get my money back. In the meantime I had to book another flight with Air France (more expensive) but at least their service was great. As though this was not enough I received an email inviting me to check in for the cancelled flight and the next day an e mail as to what to do in Paris. After cancelling the flight they should at least take care not to send these annoying messages. This is an airline I will avoid from now on.
RouteDublin to Paris

"Lack of Communication"

Trip Verified | My 2 friends and I flew first with KLM from Berlin to Amsterdam and then with Transavia from Amsterdam to Marrakesh (and back vice versa). Both trips with Transavia weren't 100% enjoyable due to the following reasons: 1. Lack of Communication on Luggage: before flying, there was no communication that there are differences in the hand luggage policy between KLM (1 pieces + accessory) and Transavia (1 piece). Yes, the additional hand luggage has been checked in by Transavia for free but an information beforehand would have been appreciated in order to consider packing in the first place. Reason provided by staff at airport "we're a low budget airline". Fair point - still created misunderstanding and negative experience. 2. Lack of Little Pleasantries: no free snack or beverage on a 3.5hrs flight 3. Lack of Visibility/Transparency on Flight Details: no possibility to check flight information online on website - reason provided by customer service: booking includes flights from 2 airlines (KLM & Transavia) 4. Lack of Communication: at airport in Marrakesh, at 6am, information screen stated that check-in counter is open, staff appeared at 6:45am (staff at airport only said that we've to wait) - it's okay to wait but then don't say that the check-in is open. In general, I have understanding for a lot of things but I'd just appreciate more communication and visibility on possible differences to other airlines up-front.
RouteBerlin to Marrakesh via Amsterdam