Transavia

"Priority boarding is a hoax"

Trip Verified | Priority boarding is a hoax: although we paid for it there was no priority given to us. Delay as usual, and there is always a so called excuse. Aged plane. Dirty and small seats, dirty magazine, dirty seatpockets full of rubbish of the passenger of an earlier flight; stewardess told that there is no cleaning service available. So everybody sits between the rubbish left by earlier travelers. Terrible food that you pay way too much for. The food on the menu is unhealthy: too much wrong fats and too high amounts of kcal; just junkfood chosen with not at all any care for health and sustainability. You can transport cattle with Transavia but not me anymore.
RouteAmsterdam to Girona
Date FlownJuly 2024

"boarding policy is a complete scam"

Trip Verified | Transavia flight HV6730. Let's address the grift first. Their new boarding policy is a complete scam. Hand luggage that does not fit under the seat is no longer guaranteed with the ticket, only THE FIRST 70 pieces are allowed on board, the rest will have to go into the hold. They offer priority boarding for 22 euros per person, per flight, but what they don't tell you, is that everyone on the flight can buy priorty boarding. The Airbus a321neo has a max capacity of 220 passengers. You see where this is going. Boarding process has 3 zones, zone 1 are all the people that fell for the priorty boarding scam, more than half of the passengers. Zone 2, people stupid enough to pay extra (me) to sit in the front, thinking overhead luggage is guaranteed and the seating is more spacious. And at last zone 3, people that just bought a ticket, no extras, the smart ones I found out. Boarding was a complete mess, zone 1 passengers shoving, pushing and fighting to be one of the first 70, ultimately led to people being told they cannot bring their luggage on board while having paid for priorty. Next were zone 2, "sorry, we've given your overhead compartment space to all the people in zone 1 even tho you paid extra for your seat." When arriving in the cabin everyone had to the tell the main FA their seat numbers again because Transavia messed up. They sold already reserved seats to priorty boarders and were overbooked. People that had bought seats in aisle 9 now had to sit somewhere in the back, no apologies. All this idiocy made the whole boarding process take 50 minutes. This was completely avoidable, but because of Transavia's insane boarding policy and incompetent crew, we now missed our assigned departure slot. The flight itself was miserable. Transavia has managed to make the Airbus a321neo, a brand new model, one of the worst and cramped flights ever. I am only 168cm tall and my knee hit the seat in front of me and I was shoulder to shoulder with my neighbour. I was sat in row 4, for which I paid extra, but I had no extra legroom, was not allowed to board earlier and my hand luggage was not guaranteed. I bought exactly nothing. During the flight, which was now 4 hours long due to the boarding fiasco, you are not given anything, no water, no coffee nothing. They do offer you to buy snacks and drinks for a hefty premium. 20 minutes before landing, they made the announcement that they would now walk by with luxury items! Are you seriously selling cheap watches and perfumes?! Absolute grifters. When we landed, we we're delayed 1 hour and 10 minutes, and the most astonishing thing happened, the plane halted at a gate that was completely dark. When the captain asked the cabin crew to turn on the lights, they were too busy grabbing their own gear from the overhead first, completely missing the announcement. It took them a couple of minutes realizing we were at the gate and they needed to turn on the cabin lights. Next the pilot announced to open the doors. He must have been flying blind because the gate was still dark and there was no tunnel or stairs! It took a full 10 minutes before the ground crew of a different aircraft noticed us trapped and walked over with flash lights to check on us. All this time, the cabin crew was dead silent, avoiding eye contact and questions. Finally the tunnel was attached to the aircraft and people could disembark. Shouting in the tunnel. All the Transavia ground personel left and the doors at the end of the tunnel to the airport
AircraftA321neo
RouteSeville to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2024

"charges €60 for a small cabin bag"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Transavia charges €60 for a small cabin bag that fits under the seat. Long lines. Purely low cost. Small seats, minimal legroom. Unprofessional and uncourteous cabin crew. One of the worst airlines I've used .
AircraftA320 neo
RouteParis Orly to Palma
Date FlownJune 2024

"unpleasant and frustrating"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Paris with Transavia on May 1, 2024. The weather was fine throughout the entire flight, except the last hour when it started raining and we could actually see the thunderstorm. Instead of landing in Paris, Orly at 10:15 PM we landed in Charles De Gaulle airport at 3 AM. Obviously, the weather caused the bulk if the issue but this review is about how the staff handled the situation. Around 10 pm (almost time for landing) the pilot says we’re landing in CDG instead of Orly, which is 40 minutes far, but no one really complained since we saw the weather. We failed to land there because of the weather and ended up landing in Lille (North if France). 30 minutes in, no one had explained to us anything except that we’re in Lille. After constant questioning, the staff explained that we we’re going to wait in Lille for the storm to get better, which was around 2 hours. Note that if I didn’t personally ask multiple times, they were leaving us completely uninformed. During this eventually 3 hours, the staff was not communicating updates unless constantly asked, did not provide us with water, food, or internet to contact the people waiting for us at the airport. One passenger who already had a french sim gave 7 of us hotspot in order to do that. I asked for water repeatedly, even offering to pay for it, and was ignored. Then, in hour in we know that there’s no water in board and no on told us or did anything about it. The weather is obviously not in anyone’s control, but the management of the situation and the service and experience provided is, and it was horrible. They didn’t address our stress, hunger, thirst, and in some cases, fear of what is happening. It was very unpleasant and frustrating, and no longer that cheap honestly, so what’s the point!
RouteBeirut to Paris
Date FlownMay 2024

"a potentially good airline"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | First time flying with Transavia as they just added Milan Malpensa to their network. The flight to Paris Orly was opened 3 weeks before I flew. For this reason it was not possible to perform web check in, and we had to queue at check in desk despite having only hand luggage. This was annoying and hard to understand. Beside this, the seats were allocated close to each other. By chance we had an emergency window row, thus legroom was fantastic. The flight arrived 30 min late, not sure whether for their problems or handling issues. My feeling is that it's worth to try again this airline, since at this time the check in issue did not feel very good, but for the rest they look a like a potentially good airline.
RouteMilan Malpensa to Paris Orly
Date FlownApril 2024

"never fly Transavia again"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Transavia is the worst airline I have ever flown. The staff at the airport insisted that I pay 30 Euros for 1.5 kilos of additional weight. To my husband, the lady at the check-in desk argued and insisted that his carry on was oversized and that he had to pay 60 euros to ship it in cargo although it fit the measurements. It was only after he dropped it in the slot that she was reluctantly convinced. The flight was late in Paris. We had to wait standing in line inside the tunnel that leads to the aircraft for 30 minutes. No explanation was provided for this delay other than “technical difficulties”. On board, the chicken sandwich that cost 7 euros tasted nothing like chicken. When I complained to the flight attendant, he just shrugged. I will never fly Transavia again.
RouteParis to Beirut
Date FlownApril 2024

“unprofessional and disrespectful”

(Tunisia)

Trip Verified | Awful experience, very bad customer service unprofessional and disrespectful. They denied my boarding due to an error they made during check in and did not want to take accountability for it. Did not offer any kind of help or compensation instead tried to blame me for their mistake. Staff are very unprofessional and their treatment was inhuman, even online customer service did not even take the time to read my complaint and just refused the refund with a generic sentence. Horrible experience will never book with this company again. they are cheap for a reason!! Everything is cheap about them.
RouteParis Orly to Monastir, Tunisia
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"staff is friendly and attentive"

Trip Verified | The low-cost daughter company from KLM serving mostly leisure destinations but also some harder to reach others. Generally all is fine, staff is friendly and attentive but you get the usual tradeoffs: very tight seat pitch and everything beside your ticket price is extra paid. Prices for the onboard menu aren't bad. Their fleet consists of 737's so that limits your personal space even more.
RouteThessaloniki to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"dont fly with this airline"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Its The Worst Airline Ever. The service was BAD, And the landing was like a Ryanair. And We Were 20 minutes too late. People, dont fly with this airline.
RouteAlmeria to Rotterdam
Date FlownAugust 2023

"lost my luggage for more than two weeks"

Not Verified | The airline lost my luggage for more than two weeks when I flew from Amsterdam to Catania last month. After getting my luggage back, I applied for a compensation for the items I bought, but they rejected my request several times and said you applied for the compensation after 21 days! I was never informed of any timeline.
RouteAmsterdam to Catania