Transavia

"delays in both flights"

Trip Verified | Transavia managed to have delays in both flights, dirty cabin and extremely long waiting times for luggage. For the price you pay it's ridiculous service.
RouteTenerife to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they won’t let us board"

Trip Verified | I arrived at 5am, an hour and 15 min before gate closing. We mentioned this to the staff who seemed on oblivious. 50 minutes in line only to be told they won’t let us board. We did not need to deposit bags just pick up our boarding pass. This is now 10 to 6. The monitor showed they are still boarding and terminal one in Schiphol isn’t big. No one gave us warnings even tho they claimed they did. Meanwhile the screens still say boarding. We walk over to customer service, they were telling us we can’t board we can clearly see calls for boarding than final call. Easy could have made. Worst case scenario we won’t get it and I still have to buy a second ticket. Which we did but not by them cuz they said they they didn’t have any but we found tickets tickets cheaper on another site for way cheaper. I paid 330 euro one way. This cost me 200 for me and my gf. It also wasted our day of our life The counter ladies were seven more rude. Not attempting to help us and even laughing at us and talking down at us like children. While Transavia is a budget airline I never felt this frustrated at the lack of effort and empathy to help it’s clients.
RouteAmsterdam to Corfu
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"avoid this airline in future"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I’ve ever flown. No mask enforcement. Over 1 hour 30 mins late departure. No apology, no explanation at check in. There were two agents checking boarding passes at the gate with a scanner. There was no checking of EU covid passport details. The Faro flight was combined with the Seville flight and all passengers had to checked manually. Appalling service. Have never experienced such a farce on any other low cost airline. I will actively avoid this airline in future.
RouteAmsterdam to Seville
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Chose this airline because it is only direct flight to Amsterdam"

Trip Verified | Chose this airline because it is only direct flight to Amsterdam. Little did we know they are notorious to tell you once you are onboard, you are going to fly to another island to pick up more passengers (making up excuses that another flight on that island had a long inspection). So now we are traveling for two hours longer. Two take offs two landings, sitting on the plane while they pack up the flight to a max, then refuel). I guess it’s too expensive for them to fly two half empty planes, do they are going to make you pay for it. Unbelievable! Glad we don’t have a connection in Amsterdam.
RouteSantorini to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not wearing their masks properly"

Not Verified | Passengers and crew not wearing their masks properly. Crew removed mask to shout in the middle of the airplane. Unacceptable behavior. Avoid at all cost.
RoutePorto to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"there were so many other passengers not wearing their masks properly"

Trip Verified | This is the third time I have flown Transavia since Covid entered our world. Twice (round trip Paris-Crete) and recently from Paris to Tivat (Montenegro). Each time despite making repeated announcements in various languages about how mask wearing is mandatory, the stewards/esses walk by the people with masks around their necks or their noses out and don't say a word. The photos below are the men across from me at the start of the flight and towards the end. As you can see no change over a 2.5 hour journey. And these photos are the ones I managed to take discretely - there were so many other passengers not wearing their masks properly.
RouteParis Orly to Tivat
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I would recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | First time flying Transavia. Flight departed on time and we landed 30 mins earlier so that was great. Boarding went really fast. Flight was quite full but not fully booked. The seats were comfortable but there wasn’t a lot of legroom. There was catering on board. Staff was really friendly. I would recommend this airline. I paid €65 without luggage for this flight.
RoutePisa to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2021

"was denied a service I had paid for"

Trip Verified | I arrived at checkin at 08.30 with the flight departing at 9.15. The employee receiving me at the waiting line informed me that he can't let me proceed to the check-in desk because it is closed. I objected letting him know that it is 45 minutes before the flight and that there is still time to board the plain. I later found out at the Transavia website that the formal SLA is 40 minutes, so he had no right to deny me entrance on that excuse. I convinced him to let me proceed to the desk. While waiting in front of the desk for a decision there was a lot of back and forth between the employee appearing to be in charge next to the desk and the boarding gate. They finally reached the decision to let me in as I was on time. Upon inspecting my PCR test (as an email on my phone), the employee at the desk clicked on a link directing him to the Dutch government website instead of the attached PDF containing the PCR test. In this confusion his instinctive response was to tell me that Transavia doesn't accept this test, although he wasn't looking at the actual PCR certificate but a government web page. I complained saying that I had used Transavia's services 3 months ago with a PCR test from the same authority. Without any sign of self-doubt or hesitation he informed the person in charge that my PCR was invalid. I was directed to the help desk and talked to the employee there. She asked how much I paid for my certificate and where I had received it. She then proceeded to acknowledge that my PCR was valid and we went together back to the checkin desk. After, informing the staff that they had bounced me off for no reason 10 minutes ago and that they should have let me in, they reverted back to the argument that I had arrived too late anyway. Of course at that point it was indeed too late. So, I guess from my point of view I arrived 5 min before the checkin formally closes with a valid PCR certificate and was denied a service I had paid for. The worst part is that nobody seemed to bother too much about it let alone utter an apology. They were behaving like it is another day at the office and that it sucks for me but rules are rules. Bouncing off people like that might be ok if we are talking about trains or buses because you can catch the next one. I would expect airline employees to be a little more considerate especially during those times.
RouteAmsterdam to Thessaloniki
Date FlownMay 2021

"Never again Transavia"

Not Verified | Truly dramatic service and conditions. Never again Transavia. Despite Corona, which prevented us from traveling to an area (Italy) in October 2020, Transavia refused to change or cancel the flight without charge. This while that is simply a European obligation. So rebooked with costs anyway. Unfortunately still corona, April 2021. Again, Transavia says that it is not possible to change a basic ticket. Moreover, changes are not even possible on the site, because additional taxes have come from costs that have to be paid again first. The lady rattles on, I cannot intervene, without listening that due to corona the airlines have to give vouchers or money back.
RouteAmsterdam to Naples
Date FlownApril 2021

"has the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | This airline has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They are absurd, inefficient, and so hypocritical. I do not recommend them unless you're really desperate and their fare is really competitive. Otherwise, please do yourself a huge favor and fly with literally anyone else.
RouteParis to Beirut