Tigerair

"I will not recommend"

Trip Verified | Worst trip in my life. I had an urgent trip to Sydney from Brisbane. I needed to fly to Sydney with Tigerair Australia, stay 3 hours there, and return back with Qantas. I arrived to BNE domestic airport 50 min before the flight, but until i tried to check in, it failed and then i called Tigerair Australia assistance, where he said that I am 2 min late, then he directed me to another staff. The other staff had bad attitude and wanted to book me a flight after 3 hours and get me pay extra $ and keep saying that I should check in before 45min and I am late and blaming me why I did not check in online. Then instead of helping, they called the AFP for me because they suspected I may get angry on them. AFP staff was helpful and helped me. I ended up not flying with Tigerair Australia and booking a flight with Qantas. This airline staff are the worst staff I've seen in an airline. I will not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2019

"avoid like the plague in future"

Trip Verified | Avoid avoid avoid. We were just en route to Tullamarine for our vacation to the Gold Coast when we received an email telling us our flight was cancelled. Tigerair can only offer us a refund or a flight on Tuesday. No concern over the fact we have paid for a hotel, theme park tickets and car rental/airport parking. No concern to the fact in the least. Just booked flights for tomorrow morning with JetStar at almost double the cost! Even so we would have lost more in all of the above to cancel the trip entirely. Will avoid like the plague in future.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Terrible flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth with Tigerair. Terrible flight, every time I have flown with them it is delayed. No food menu as they are changing it so you have to bring your own. 100% not worth the money and would not recommend.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownMarch 2019

"flight got delayed for 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Canberra with Tigerair. Got to the airport early, because you don’t want to stress. The flight got delayed for 2 hours. Two hours passed, the flight gets delayed another hour. Conclusion: If you like chilling at an airport for half the day and spend money you don’t have on food because you’re starving then look no further and fly with Tigerair, they won’t dissapoint.
RouteMelbourne to Canberra
Date FlownDecember 2018

"just not acceptable"

Trip Verified | Hobart to Melbourne. This airline should not be in business. To constantly delay and cancel flights is just not acceptable. 45 minutes before departure the flight was cancelled! This was the first and last attempt with this airline. Book with them at your peril.
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the last time I am buying with Tiger"

Trip Verified | Horrible! Today was the last time I am buying with Tiger! Few weeks ago I was flying from Sydney to Brisbane and had a delay over 3 hours. Ok, sometimes can happen. Today I am flying from Brisbane to Sydney and the flight was cancelled! They moved me to another flight in 3 hours! Cannot believe it. I bought this flight to make sure I am fine for a meeting in Sydney. I am sure I will have some issues when flying back on Saturday, unfortunately bought return flight with this poor airline.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownAugust 2018

"no availability to fly"

Trip Verified | I booked a cheap flight 5 months ago from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, 2 weeks ago Tigerair changed the time of the flight, then 12 hours prior to the flight they cancelled the flight and no availability to fly out that day. Is this what happens when you buy a cheap ticket. Never again will I fly Tigerair.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast
Date FlownMay 2018

"not very efficient"

Trip Verified | Flew Tigerair from Cairns to Sydney only because it was $10 cheaper per person than another Australian airline, shouldn’t have bothered and should have taken the other one! Had to pay for baggage for my husband and I, only 15 kg authorized. We realized the day before flying that it wouldn’t be enough and wanted to add another bag: not possible! They just don’t do it. Instead you can add extra kilos, so we tried to do it online about 10 times which didn’t work! We then called the help service the next day: fare prices had increased. I was also supposed to pay $5 fees for this change over the phone (that I got free when I said the website didn’t work the previous day). Overall: not very efficient, very slow, couldn’t send me the proof of my new registration, 34 min over the phone. I didn’t know it wasn’t a free number, had to pay over €80 ($120) for this one call. On the plane: average minus rating. Would not recommend this airline at all. Pay a little bit more and get better service quality and less troubles.
RouteCairns to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2018

"perfect for a low cost airline"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne and was impressed - great cheap ticket. As I was using auto check in kiosk at the airport a professional Tigerair check in staffer approached to assist me even though I did not need help and she put me in an exit row with extra legroom and directed me to check in counter for bag drop and instantly issued a new boarding pass. Well groomed warm professional supervisor pulled me out of line as he was free and line was busy with a family and he took me to another counter to quickly check my bags and complete check in - everyone called me by name very friendly. On Flight cabin crew were all well groomed, great uniforms - men in vests and long sleeve, women with scarves and wedding worthy hairdos - great for a low cost carrier - friendly smiles and very professional looking us in the eye and calling us by name. Flight on time - boarding was completed early. Actually liked the cloth seats - most seats are leather on low cost carriers. Liked A320 over 737 - it feels more spacious. Liked how they use front and back stairs for boarding/de-planing as it is much faster than the long slow que on other airlines which only use one door. Simple menu - but perfect for a low cost airline - you can pre order bigger meals too. Low cost terminal at Melbourne is brand new - simple and slick - very efficient - what more can you want for the price. Airline has massively improved since problems a few years ago.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2018

"this was a very unfair process"

Trip Verified | I recently flew from Canberra to Brisbane return. Flight out of Canberra was hassle free. Checked in online. Flight was good. Staff friendly. Seats comfortable. Short flight - no meals required. As I was only traveling to Brisbane for a few days to assist family move house I had only organised the 7kg carry on. I had no problems on the Canberra to Brisbane leg. On the return leg however, it was brought to my attention that the 7kgs was to include my handbag. I have never flown with an airline that also weighs your handbag. Needless to say this caught not only me by surprise but it caught many other passengers by surprise also. My baggage was just over 7kg and I was made to pay $50 extra before I could board the plane. I thought this was a very unfair process in a number of respects - firstly I only weigh 60kg and my total baggage was 8.4kg. Yet the guy in the row opposite me probably weighed 100kg and had a bag equal to mine. I realise we can’t discriminate but where is the fairness in this process? I would not fly Tigerair again without purchasing the additional baggage when I checked in. It would have cost me $12 not $50 at the gate. Tigerair must have made another $1000 at the gate from people like myself or those that just completely ignored the 7kg rule and thought they could take unlimited weight as carry on. Definitely need to consider the additional luggage costs when considering to fly with Tigerair. In the end I probably could have flown with Qantas!
RouteBrisbane to Canberra