Tigerair Australia

"Try to avoid TigerAir"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever. My flight was at 6:45 am, was told at 6.40 am that the flight has been cancelled and not reason given. The ground staff did not know why it’s cancelled at how the passengers should travel. It was absolute chaos. Later on I checked the same flight 6:45 am from Mel to Sydney was cancelled thrice in a row. At 7.30 am, there was an announcement that they trying to figure out to accomodate passengers to other flights. Try to avoid TigerAir at all cost.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"they broke my luggage"

Trip Verified | I boarded Tigerair from Gold Coast to Melbourne and they broke my luggage and it’s impossible to walk with it. I complained about it to the Airways and they didn’t offer any help nor solution to the situation. Staff was so rude, they said maybe it is my fault to put 21kg in a big size luggage. Really disappointed
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2019

"Will never recommend it"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly from Brisbane to Melbourne on Tigerair flight TT541 which was supposed to take off at 7:30 PM on 18th Apr. I reached airport at 4:45 PM and completed my security check-in. Around 5 PM I received a message from Tigerair that the flight has been cancelled. Remember this is the second time that they are cancelling my flight(previously cancelled another flight on 22nd Mar, still I didnt learn). I went to the customer helpdesk and they asked me to call customer care. I called the customer care and they gave me 3 options 1) Cancel my onward journey and they will reimburse the amount 2) They can put me on another flight which is supposed to take-off from Gold Coast the next day morning, but I have to find my own means to reach Gold Coast and also find my own accommodation 3) I can fly on other airlines by buying ticket and they will reimburse the amount I paid for the cancelled flight. As this was my much awaited vacation, I had to go for option 3 by paying 400 dollars from my pocket to book a seat in another flight Later I came to know that for some passengers Tigerair allocated seats in other flights. These passengers didnt have to pay anything extra. But some unlucky souls like me had to book seats in other flights and had to pay extra for that. Worst airline ever. Will never recommend it to anyone
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne

"poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Melbourne. Very poor customer service at the Tigerair Australia checkin, although I have checked in online using their confusing online checking system but they did not allowed me boarding as they think my my online chekin was incomplete. And despite the 2 hours flight delay as I was forced to purchase a $400 ticket from other airline. I have always heard about the terrible tiger air customer service, but now I’ve seen it my self.
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2019

"Worst LCC I have ever flown"

Not Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Worst LCC I have ever flown. After manually checking in the family at the bag drop desk due to a sporting equipment (bike) piece of luggage, we confirmed our remaining carry on bags didn't need check in due to weight restrictions. We were then pulled aside at the gate for weighing and charged $108 in 'excess' for 3 of our party due to Easter chocs and lollies which took us over the 7kg allowance. At $36 each I requested we 'pool' the extra into 1 bag and be charged $36 for one of us. After querying the policy in light of what the check-in had advised, the gate attendant was confrontational and said she wouldn't re-weigh the items as we were now last to board and may miss our flight. To me, this amounted to extortion under duress given we either paid whatever she decided or we missed our flight. Will never fly Tiger again. False economy.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownApril 2019

"couldn’t get an aisle seat"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hobart. The staff at the check in was horrible. Rude & did not give the instructions properly & made me leave the queue twice because of poor instructions. I was waiting for so long & wanted an isle seat. I saw her giving isle seats to others, post losing time, I couldn’t get an aisle seat.
RouteMelbourne to Hobart
Date FlownApril 2019

"trip turned into a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Flight delayed - at 8am I received a text just 3 hrs before scheduled departure, notifying a delay of 1hr 15mins. Travelled to airport, checked in, through security, went to gate as departure board said "boarding soon". However, the flight was eventually cancelled about 30 minutes before departure, and passengers were changed to a Virgin flight departing 4hrs 35 mins later, a total delay of 6hrs 50 mins. No real info was given on what to do next. Spent one hour wandering the airport trying to get help/information, before finally learning that I would have to collect baggage and check in again for the new flight. I tried to check in again at auto checkin without success, and was then told can't check in until 1hr before flight departure. So I was stranded downstairs with no access to airport wifi, no comfortable seating to wait on, and having not eaten since 6am. I was only visiting Sydney for 3 days, and lost a whole day as I didn't get to my hotel until 8pm. An enjoyable trip turned into a nightmare. And complaints to Tigerair brought a stock response that passengers should claim on their travel insurance (as if travel insurance negates Tiger-air's failures!). What a shambles - no more Tigerair for me.
Date FlownApril 2019

"delayed for over 5 hours"

Trip Verified | The plane boarded and ready for takeoff when the pilot announced that there was a technical fault that had occurred on the previous flight that he had not been notified about. Everyone had to get off the plane and takeoff was delayed for over 5 hours. This delay made my journey a waste of time.
Date FlownApril 2019

"Six hours delay, rude staff"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Six hours delay, rude staff, and if you start complaining them they would direct you to book another airlines. Simply don’t bother. No way to fly with Tigerair Australia next time.
Date FlownApril 2019

"every time it has been late"

Trip Verified | Late leaving as usual. I've flown tiger 6 times and every time it has been late. Given a choice, I use another airline. I only flew with them this time as I had no other option. I understand they're a budget airline, but to be this consistently disorganised is just woeful. So if you fly with them, expect a high chance of being late. Good to know if you have a connecting flight to make.
RouteBrisbane to Cairns