Tigerair Australia

"Don’t bother flying Tiger"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Again, my flight is going to be nearly 2 hours late leaving. Again, unsuspecting people where called to line up to board only to discover that the plane had only just landed and people had to get off it. People have now been standing in queues for 15 mins. Last week they said they’d had a sick crew member (and were nearly two hours late) but not two weeks in a row surely. I foolishly joined the queue last week but not tonight. Nearly everyone on this flight is working age, and they, like me, might be lucky to get 4 hours sleep tonight before we all have to go to work. No food or drink available on board for a month either. I gave it 1/10 because you can’t give zero. Can’t get the FF points to load on 3 flights. Don’t bother flying Tiger.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownMarch 2019

"cancelled less than two hours before"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Gold Coast. Flight cancelled less than two hours before departure. No alternative flight possible within 3 days. Refund given but plans severely disrupted and alternative flights with a different airline bought at the last minute lefty’s very much out of pocket.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast

"The worst flight ever"

Not Verified | Sydney to Brisbane with Tigerair Australia. The worst flight ever. First bad thing was the staff and crew, starting from the check in time. The girls standing there didn't have the information to convey to the customers and they were rude. The staff were working as if they neither worried about the customers time nor helped them in any way. The second issue was the incredible high charges they levied on luggage, which is terrible.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2019

" cancelled on day of departure"

Trip Verified | Advised our flight was cancelled on the day of departure. No alternative offered with another carrier or another route As we had ongoing travel arrangements, we were forced to spend upwards of $3000 on last minute tickets with another carrier. Tigerair admitted no liability and no compensation. We had comprehensive travel insurance however were unable to claim as Tigerair cited "Operational requirements" as their reason for cancellation and refused to elaborate further, which was not accepted by the insurance company. After sending them several emails asking them for the exact reason for cancellation and also to comment on why we were not offered seats on another flight, we eventually received a curt email stating that they were unable to comment and we were effectively dismissed. It is clear after reading review after review of customers that have had their plans severely disrupted by this carrier that they do not have any focus on their customer and will withdraw their services to suit themselves.
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. We had a flight from Melbourne to Perth on the 17th of February. My wife, my two years old son and arrived to the airport in the evening, checked in our luggage and right away at the moment of heading to the security check, we heard that the flight was cancelled. Simple as that. This cancellation cost us almost AUD1000. Our hotel, car rental, transfers to airport were all gone or cancelled with heavy fines besides the next available flight we could afford was double the price we had booked with Tigerair let aside the expenses of additional nights we had to spend in Melbourne. Of course we are not the only ones and I am sure there were more poeple affected with the same issue, but my most sympathy goes to all those people like us who come from the other side of the world. Our plan to spend a week in Perth was ruined and reduced to 3 days. All these problems happened due to a simple cancellation and all we get is a refund and apology. I have contacted my insurance and they won't help since they consider the airline to be liable and tigerair won't help us as they consider cancellation to have been beyond they control which is nonsense.it's all about money. It's always okay for simple passengers to lose hard-earned money and Tigerair won't care.(everyone on the sae flight will agree with my post as I talked to bunch of them at the Airport). Since I am not getting my money back, I warn everyone with using Tigerair. The chances your flight would get cancelled with this is more than any other airline in Australia.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"stood in the line for an hour"

Not Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Tigerair cancelled multiple early morning flights with short notice on a Monday morning . There was one staff on the floor who continued to avoid everyone perhaps because he had no idea himself. There was a long line of passengers waiting and it took Tigerair management very long to figure that they need to open extra counters so people could get their flights sorted. Flights do get cancelled however passengers should be afforded the courtesy of quick information without unnecessary delays. We stood in the line for an hour before we could sort out our refund.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Ridiculous fees for overages"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Cairns. This is the worst airline I have ever flown. Horrible staff. Ridiculous fees for overages and flight was delayed. The seats are extremely uncomfortable. Boarding was an absolute nightmare, they just yelled at us. They wanted to charge me $274 just to check my suitcase in.
RouteSydney to Cairns

"Shocking experience!"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Shocking experience! Our 8.40 a.m. flight was cancelled just 2 hours in advance and we were given a new flight the next day. We could not accept this as we needed to be in Sydney that specific day. Reading other reviews this is no exception. (Should have read those before booking.) Customer support (who seem to be all non-native English speakers and very hard to understand) not helpful at all. Avoid choosing Tigerair at any cost! Other domestic airlines are similarly priced and more reliable.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"cancelled or delayed"

Not Verified | My 8am flight from Melbourne to Sydney was cancelled due to ‘operational issues’ putting me on the next flight with a different airline at 12pm as the earliest option 4 hours later.. On my return home my 7am flight from Sydney to Melbourne was delayed 1.5 hours only notified when arrived at the airport with no option to transfer to a flight around the same time. Don’t fly this airline if you have plans as you are guaranteed to be cancelled or delayed. Very poor customer service dismissing all queries and not providing any options or refunds.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"Canceled my flight"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Canceled my flight when I was on route to the airport. Wouldn't even consider cover the cost of my expenses I incurred because of their failure. At the end of the day my trip was canceled and I wAs out over $200.
RouteSydney to Brisbane