Tigerair Australia

"rude and unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. When travelling to Sydney, the experience was okay! However flying from Sydney to Melbourne, the supervisor checking in the bags at weight scale, was rude! she started questioning me are u going to feel that cold that you are carrying a jacket? i was like its going to be cold in Melbourne at night, and she was embarrassing me in front of other passengers, I was happy to pay and already paid extra, but there is a way to treat your customers. This is was such a rude and unpleasant experience.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"She was absolutely amazing"

Not Verified | Cairns to Sydney. I would just like to say a big thank you to Helen at Cairns Airport who went above and beyond for us yesterday morning! When we missed our check in time by 8 minutes, we were left standing to the side for 15minites, waiting for the lady to check in another fight before she would assist us. We were absolutely gutted that we had missed our check in, and were unsure what to do next, with no accommodation or car anymore. That was until Helen saw us standing there, with my 9month old baby in my arms and asked if she could help. Within minutes Helen had contacted the staff on the plane and got approval to check us in! She was absolutely amazing and we can not thank her enough. If she didn't come along when she did, I dont know what we would of done.
RouteCairns to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"can’t board because you checked in late"

Not Verified | Perth to Sydney. Got to the airport, desk was closed well over 30min before boarding. Arrived with a few other passengers in line waiting for the desk to open. Cabin bags checked through. Told to move to boarding gate without ticket. Asked a supervisor why I don’t have my ticket so requested a print out so I could wait to board. A line of passengers where ready to board the plane. Supervisor says you can’t board because you checked in late, there checkin is 45min before boarding or strictly you can board afterwards. I said I’m here right now, please check me in. I might be a few min late but I went to drop off my hired car and key but I am here and ready to board. Captain apparently was told about my situation and tigerair refused to board me and my friend. Had to fork out $85, totalling $170 for following two days next flight. First and last time I fly with Tigerair Australia. 0/10 service. Worst customer service and no consideration from any members of the team both on and off site. Other airlines I have travelled with in the last have been excellent. .
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"basically forfeit the ticket"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. The worst experience ever. Not to mentions that the flight shown as delayed by 2 hours, when trying to check in they claimed as “ committed delay”. No prior notification no nothing. Had to basically forfeit the ticket and make another booking. Will not ever trust Tigerair again.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"having my luggage get wet"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Perth. On my recent flight I did not appreciate walking out on the tarmac in the pouring rain and also having my luggage get wet. We pay enough these days for Tigerair to supply walk on/off tunnels and rain covers for luggage carriers. I don't think these are unreasonable requests.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"refused onboard for being 9 mins late"

Not Verified | I had a 10:55am Cairns to Sydney flight, tried to check-in at 10:15am, and refused to be onboard for being 9 mins late. While same flight passengers who has done the online check-in were getting in, the straight response I get was to move the flight to tomorrow for $85. I know it’s my fault for being 9 minutes late. If I could have a just moment of someone helping me out, instead of the effort to move my flight to tomorrow, it would be a lot more appreciated.
RouteCairns to Sydney

"terrible first impression"

Not Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. So there's a "Move Me" option that allows a passenger if they arrive early or arrive late for their flight to make the necessary changes without a fee but that most certainly wasn't the case with us. So we called the customer service for help and clarification but they couldn't provide any useful information and said the airport has its own policies. I said Ok then surely someone knows like a manager and so when I asked to be connected to the manager, the customer service representative wouldn't connect me and kept saying the same thing over and over. The same answer I'm giving you is the same answer my manager is going to say to you. The first time to Australia, it makes it a terrible first impression!
RouteSydney to Brisbane

"very terrible service"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Coffs Harbour. Had a flight for 10am with Tigerair and they have now rescheduled the flight for 3pm. We contacted Tigerair to get our money back and go with another company so I could arrive at the time they initially said to get to a meeting and they said they cannot put us on another flight or do anything because the flight isn’t canceled and only rescheduled. Terrible airline and would not recommend. They happily take your money but when they make mistakes, they make every excuse possible to not give your money back. I now have a flight that can’t be changed and will now miss my meeting all because of Tigerair and will not be refunded anything. Very, very terrible service.
RouteMelbourne to Coffs Harbour
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Cancelled my flight from Melbourne"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Delay most of the times. Won’t tell you how much is the expected time of delay. Would just make you wait. Staff would behave as if you are beggars and begging to travel for free. Would take delay and cancellations as their right, and staffs seem ok with all those troubles. Very poor quality staff manners. Never take care about customer comfort and care. Cancelled my flight from Melbourne to Sydney after making me wait for 4 hours, I have another travel schedule tomorrow, and also work, but no one is there to listen. No reimbursement for the extra accommodation and the staff would behave as if you are restarted or they are the boss. Have made up my mind never ever to travel with such an airline. Their cheaper cost attracts us, but they will give you all sorts of troubles which you wish never to get during the travel. Be sensible and wise when you choose an airline before traveling. They can just spoil your life.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"web check in process failed"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Airline web check in process failed. They gave my seat away and told me as I tried to get on the plane that I couldn’t. 100% their fault. Worst flying experience of my entire life.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney