Tigerair Australia

"$75 for the excess weight"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. The Airport crew in Brisbane were absolutely rude, demanding and disrespectful. My cabin bag weighted 8.1kg, it should have been 7kg, all good, my bad. The desk lady demanded I pay $75 for the excess weight, I said to her I can take items out and put them in the bin as I did not need them. She said no, there is no time you need to pay now and give the bag to the ground crew. I said it will take me 2mins to take the items out. She again said "theres no time". I looked at her as she checking other paying customers whom she could rip off before she got the EFT POS machine that took her 5 mins to operate. By this time 10+mins had passed and I repeatedly told her, after all your mucking around I could have taken the excessive weight out of my bag, got on the plane and avoided the $75. I will never fly this airline, pay the extra dollars to be treated like a human, its worth it.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"The staff were courteous"

Trip Verified | I flew one way from Melbourne to Canberra. I paid extra $15 for more leg room and extra $15 for priority boarding. It came to $140. The flight left on time and arrived on time. The seat was comfortable. The staff were courteous. Based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to fly with this airline again.
RouteMelbourne to Canberra
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly this unprofessional airline"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. Absolutely shocking, will never fly with this unprofessional airline again. I tried checking into my flight online a few hours before the flight left, their app would not let me. I also tried using webjet which just rejected my check in. I had no luggage with me, so I had planned to get everything I needed to get done in Gold Coast before my flight - and walk on smoothly 45 minutes before it departed, however because of their online check in not working and being put on hold for an hour just to ask someone to assist over the phone, I missed my flight. Nobody cared to help me out or even compensate me in the slightest way for their website and app faults. The man at the counter just informed me that if you don’t have an allocated seat on the flight, your check in online won’t work. Great thanks for the heads up I would love to see where that is outlined for their passengers to follow. The next flight was a few hours later for $95, I am only a student and would rather pay $250 to get onto a Jetstar/Qantas flight so that I never have to deal with them again.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne

"Useless and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Melbourne. The formula 1 Melbourne was cancelled. I tried contacting their call centre to change my plans but the first time after holding for 20 mins I could not do it anymore. The next day I tried again. After 15 min someone picked up, but while I tried to explain my situation they just hung up. Useless and unprofessional service.
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne

"Totally unreliable"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Totally unreliable. Pay the extra money to fly another airline. I have used them a couple of times, they are typically delayed or cancelled, so this is not a one off incident. The flight I was meant to be on hasn't even left Melbourne yet. We were meant to have left Sydney 20min ago. The Tiger website is still showing our departure time as 20:40. It's now 21:05. The ground crew at Sydney airport are useless, totally unhelpful.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"rude and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Our first flight got canceled and My wife forgot to check in online for the other flight. We showed up at the airport 45 minutes before our plane left. They said they couldn’t check us in because paperwork has been submitted and she could not alter it, as she can get a $35 fine. Service is rubbish, they don’t even try and help. Very rude and disrespectful. I’d rather pay $200 more per flight so I don’t have to deal with such disrespectful people. Both women were rude and I ended up paying $200 more for another airliner.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refunds not provided for change of mind"

Not Verified | Absolutely ridiculous refund policies. I had no need for a flight I had booked and wanted to cancel with a weeks notice only to be told that refunds are not provided for change of mind. Consideration of circumstances out of control should be considered here and refusing a refund when given suitable notice is abhorrent. I now have to make a trip just to avoid wasting my money. I will not fly with Tigerair ever again, lesson learned.
RouteCanberra to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | We had booked a flight with Tigerair Australia for our soccer team to fly out from Sydney to Melbourne on Friday the 6th March 2020 for a soccer tournament. This flight was booked on the 20th of February 2020. After checking in the day before, we received a message from Tigerair on Friday the 6th of March at 9:30 am informing us that our flight has been cancelled "due to poor weather conditions" and that they had put us on the next a available flight which was on Saturday the 7th of March at 3:40 pm. However, we had already booked our hotel for Friday and our first soccer match of the tournament was on Saturday 11 am. After calling their customer service, we were told that they could not do anything about it other than provide a flight credit valid for 6 months. They also told us that we will not be given a refund as they cannot control the poor weather conditions. We were forced to book a last minute flight on the same day (Friday 6th of March) costing us $400 one way with Virgin Australia Airlines. It is interesting to know that only Tigerair had cancelled their flights for that day and no other airline did. Very poor customer service and will not book with them ever again. I hope they go bankrupt and in liquidation. It is also interesting that Tiger Airways Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Virgin Australia. Something fishy was definitely going on as the weather was perfectly fine on that day (both in Sydney and Melbourne).
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"Very bad service"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Melbourne. Pathetic service. Sitting in the plane for the next 20 mins and the air conditioning is not switched on. It is stuffy and when requested to the air hostess, she asks us to remove our jackets. Very bad service.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2020

"$46 for being half a kilo over"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Canberra. Gate staff need to be trained in the basics of customer service not only do they harass the final few passengers but when I had my cabin bagg weighed and was over by 500 grams I was told to either leave something behind or find another airline. I was then charged $46 for being half a kilo over because I was told it would unbalance the plane. I didn’t really care about the 46 dollars more just the attitude and lack of flexibility by gate staff, all good though, you just lost my business for good.
RouteBrisbane to Canberra