Tigerair Australia

"very terrible service"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Coffs Harbour. Had a flight for 10am with Tigerair and they have now rescheduled the flight for 3pm. We contacted Tigerair to get our money back and go with another company so I could arrive at the time they initially said to get to a meeting and they said they cannot put us on another flight or do anything because the flight isn’t canceled and only rescheduled. Terrible airline and would not recommend. They happily take your money but when they make mistakes, they make every excuse possible to not give your money back. I now have a flight that can’t be changed and will now miss my meeting all because of Tigerair and will not be refunded anything. Very, very terrible service.
RouteMelbourne to Coffs Harbour
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Cancelled my flight from Melbourne"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Delay most of the times. Won’t tell you how much is the expected time of delay. Would just make you wait. Staff would behave as if you are beggars and begging to travel for free. Would take delay and cancellations as their right, and staffs seem ok with all those troubles. Very poor quality staff manners. Never take care about customer comfort and care. Cancelled my flight from Melbourne to Sydney after making me wait for 4 hours, I have another travel schedule tomorrow, and also work, but no one is there to listen. No reimbursement for the extra accommodation and the staff would behave as if you are restarted or they are the boss. Have made up my mind never ever to travel with such an airline. Their cheaper cost attracts us, but they will give you all sorts of troubles which you wish never to get during the travel. Be sensible and wise when you choose an airline before traveling. They can just spoil your life.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"web check in process failed"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Airline web check in process failed. They gave my seat away and told me as I tried to get on the plane that I couldn’t. 100% their fault. Worst flying experience of my entire life.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they just leave people stranded"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Melbourne. Worst Airline. Cancelled flight and left with no alternatives. Had to be at a function and hotel already booked and paid. How can they just leave people stranded. Never booking with them again no matter how cheap their flights are. The rumours were true! Would give them a zero if I could!
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne

"denied bag check in"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. My friend and I arrived an hour prior to the flight. We were denied bag check in because it was too late. The customer service lady took extra 5-10 mins by talking and letting it delayed. We ended up flying with another airline.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the worst domestic airline"

Trip Verified | Perth to Sydney. This is the worst domestic airline I've ever used! They include laptop weight with carry-on luggage to charge more money on check-in. The staff is very rude and they are here only to take your money. Will never fly with them again!
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Excellent service from Tiger"

Trip Verified | Excellent service from Tiger. I was apprehensive flying from Melbourne to Hobart with a 6 month old baby but the Tiger staff made the whole process so easy. We needed to change our flight a week in advance which was completed over the phone with a minimum of fuss. The check in process with the pram went so smoothly with staff attending to us immediately to help us through it. On the flight itself the man sitting next to us was moved to another row so we could have a little extra space (he was moved to an exit row, so win/win), we were given complimentary tea and snack and the flight attendant was very attentive and kept checking in on us. Would definitely fly again!
RouteMelbourne to Hobart
Date FlownJuly 2019

"recommend you look elsewhere"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Brisbane. Never fly Tigerair if you want to be treated well as a customer. This airline is here to take your money and leave you dry without any further consideration. We will never give our business to this airline again and we highly recommend you look elsewhere when it comes to flying domestically.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I missed my boarding time"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Got to airport on time to find a huge queue and only one serving. I was then told that I missed my boarding time and they made me purchase another ticket for the next flight. Never again tigerair.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I was so happy with the service"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. I was so happy with the service I received by TRigerair from booking process over my phone (very easy) to arrival at my destination.. I did not encounter one problem flight departed on time and arrived ahead of schedule. The ground staff at Sydney were helpful and the cabin crew were fantastic. You always hear bad things about this airline and I know people that avoid flying with them but not me would be more than happy to fly with them again
RouteSydney to Gold Coast