Tigerair Australia

"could not have been more helpful"

Not Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. My 86 year old mother flew Tigerair this week and the airport staff could not have been more helpful assisting her to get through the check-in process, arranging an aisle seat at the front of the plane and then a lift to get on the plane, thus avoiding all the stairs. Thank you, Tigerair.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2019

"no respect to their customers"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. I made a booking with Tigerair a week prior for a 7:10am flight to Sydney and a return with jetstar for 2pm as I had an appointment in the morning. The morning of the flight at 6:01am (1hr 9mins before the flight) I receive a call as I'm walking into the airport that the Tigerair flight has been canceled. But don't worry because we booked you another flight at 11:05am with virgin. My appointment was at 10:45am making the whole re-book pointless as I explained to the call center guy who is based in China by the way, but they proceeded to book it and say because we booked you another flight 5 mins before the end of the 4hr after flight time window we don't owe you a refund! 5mins. What about the 69min cancellation heads up? they expect you to check-in 2hrs before the flight! And to be at the gate 45mins before takeoff! So now I'm lost for the day, missed my appointment and out of pocket $205. Pathetic. Garbage airline. No sympathy. And most of all no respect to their customers.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"stuck in an airport for 5 hours"

Not Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. The worst airline experience I've had in my life. Inexplicable delays, constant rude and unhelpful service. I will not fly with them again after being stuck in an airport for 5 hours because they decided to cancel my flight on a day when every other airline is flying.
RouteSydney to Brisbane

"Poor customer service"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Sydney. Flight boarded an hour late with no announcements until boarding actually started. Poor customer service. Will never fly with this airline again.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Worst ever airline experience"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Worst ever airline experience. Fight suppose to fly at 9:15 am, says on my ticket to be on airport 90 min in advance. At 7:30 was announced the flight is delayed and new departure is at 12:30. Finally after waiting for more than 3 hrs boarded at 12:15 pm. Wait best part is here: At 12:30 noon pilot announced that we are waiting on a pilot to arrive and will be in 15 mins. It’s 1:10 pm I am still in the plane and waiting for further information
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2019

"delays and lost luggage"

Not Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Flight delays and lost luggage were the beginning of my weekend away with Tigerair. No customer service operator to assist and finally a one hour flight has taken 5 1/2 hours of the week end. The return flight home was even worse with 5 cancellations to the flight, an overnight stay at the airport hotel, rude customer service, no compensation or complimentary tokens for the 18 hour delay! A never to be repeated experience! Totally terrible Tigerair!
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2019

"delayed for hours both ways"

Trip Verified | Coffs Harbour to Melbourne. Came to Coffs for 2 nights flights, delayed for hours both ways. None of other flights affected but they say it’s due to Sydney weather. Pay the extra money and go with better airline.
RouteCoffs Harbour to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2019

"miss my flight and charged $85 fee"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Extremely poor customer service. I don't take too often flight and I don't know than I have to check in before going to the gate so I miss my flight and I've been charged $85 extra fee. The staff was very unpleasant and unhelpful. I will never take again a flight with Tigerair.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"Absolutely junk!"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Brisbane with Tigerair Australia. Absolutely junk! The flight was delayed 2 hours from the scheduled time. The staff on the ground were absolutely unapproachable. The seats have no knee room at all, attached together. The return flight, on the way to Adelaide I was late by just one minute for checking due to the queues of passengers lined up. By the time I got to one of the rude staff members it was 10 minutes late so I had to pay an extra $85 to get on the next flight.
RouteAdelaide to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2019

"seats are basically square and are very uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Coolangatta (OOL) to Melbourne (MEL). What can you expect from Tigerair? They are known as the 'cheap' airline of Australia. Normally large families fly on this airline. I managed to get cheap tickets during a sale. I flew Tigerair to Melbourne and Jetstar back. The flight was delayed by more than an hour and the cabin had not been cleaned. There was rubbish from the previous passengers. After waiting in line for half an hour, we finally saw the plane touching down. It taxied around and then mate it to the gate. We started walking across the tarmac and the previous passengers we still getting off. The plane's interior is tight and looks bad. The seats are basically square and are very uncomfortable. The flight was only around 2 hours so it wasn't that bad. On flights, Tigerair does not provide any refreshments or meals. You can purchase them but they are pretty pricey. Tigerair does provide in-flight entertainment for a small amount. You have to download the Tigerair app before boarding the plane. Then you purchase the internet on the plane. Most people don't use the app because of 3 reasons. The internet is expensive, No one knew about the app before boarding and it is a short flight.
RouteCoolangatta (OOL) to Melbourne (MEL)
Date FlownMay 2019