Tigerair Australia

"unhygienic conditions and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. Service Rep was rude to my 2yr old daughter at check-in and then looked as though she was offended when I snapped back at her. The flight was slightly delayed which was not a big deal at all however, once we actually boarded the plane I was unimpressed. Settling into our seats, it was apparent that the plane was not cleaned before our boarding due to how much rubbish was in the pockets of our seats and the fact that the seat my 2yr old was to sit on was wet. When attempting to gain the attention of one of the flight attendants to get something to wipe the seat with, i was told to wait (she never came to check on us either). I ended up taking off my Cardi and wiping the seat with that and switched seats with my daughter. I understand Tiger is the cheap alternative however, cheap should not equate to unhygienic conditions and rude staff. The likelihood of flying with Tigerair again unless i'm absolutely desperate and this is my last option, is slim to never again at best.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Do not purchase the insurance"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Do not purchase the insurance with Chubb Insurance, the recommended insurer by Tiger. I have had the worst experience. After 9 months of being asked for more details, (receipts not efficient enough type them out) (send airline report again) and long delays. Has been the worst experience and obvious that the company has been trying to avoid or find an error which has meant they do not have to pay. I advice getting insurance elsewhere.
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownMarch 2019

"never fly with this company again"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Brisbane. Stay away from this company. They may sell flights 20-40 dollars cheaper in comparison to Virgin but their service are way worse. I book flight with checked Sport baggage, called them 2 days before to called the sport baggage and was told they don't refund for it, and if I decide to change it to normal luggage allowance I would've pay over $20 for that. So inconsiderate service, total rip off. I will never fly with this company again.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownNovember 2019

"overall a nightmare experience"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Travelled with a 6 month old baby and this was the worst service ever experienced. Some of the young ladies employed at Brisbane airport service desk demonstrated zero customer service on our trip to Sydney. They were sarcastic, extremely rude and showed no understanding of what was helpful to a travelling family. I’ve done 8 flights with my daughter on other airlines and this short flight with Tigerair was by far the worst and left me in tears. We also had white stains on the seats in the plane, overall a nightmare experience. Tiger need to train their Brisbane front of house staff in customer service.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2019

"two kilos over the maximum weight"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Adelaide. At first the flight seemed to be pretty cheap. Perfect for backpackers on a tight budget. But they charge you extra for everything and I don’t expect much comfort when flying on a cheap flight. But due to many additional fees for seat of choice, extra luggage, etc. the flight wasn’t exactly cheap in the end. I paid for extra luggage since i was carrying a suitcase which was perfectly ok. But at the gate they weighted my carry-on and my personal items such as mobile phone, laptop, tablet and even the 1.5l water bottle purchased at the airport. Which is ridiculous. I never had them measuring my personal items before. So i was about two kilos over the maximum weight for the carrier-on and thus had to pay an extra fee for about 45AUD. Not going to fly with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Adelaide
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Never again will I fly Tigerair"

Not Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. If I could give a zero I would. Changed my flight departure multiple times without reason, then decided to cancel my flight without reason, when asked about trying to change my flight they made it so difficult and it just didn’t work. Never again will I fly Tigerair.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"We had a great experience"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. We had a great experience flying with Tigerair. The flight was comfortable, the staff were very friendly and we found it easy to check in and to adjust baggage requirements etc via the app. After reading some of the reviews we were apprehensive about flying with Tigerair but we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely fly with Tigerair in the future. It was my children’s first time on a plane so thanks for the positive experience Tigerair.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Worst airline in Australia"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Worst airline in Australia. Period. You can expect incorrect reasons given for delays, cramped seats, no inflight service, the worse gates at the airport and a long wait for your baggage.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"few minutes past the check in time"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Adelaide. I was only a few minutes past the check in time, with no checked luggage, and was rudely refused entry on my flight at the service desk. Myself and 3 other passengers, who arrived within a few minutes of me, were told that all of our seats will fly empty. There was no apology, I was refused to talk to a manager and the only resolve was to wait 24 hours and pay $85. So incredibly disappointed in the clearly flawed system at Tigerair that is just a means of customers paying more money. I would not recommend to anyone and will not be flying with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Adelaide
Date FlownOctober 2019

"never travel with Tiger again"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Travelling home to Coffs Harbour after a family wedding Tiger cancelled our flight due to an apparent Lightning strike. Refund was offered but we were out of pocket $1500.00 due to having to purchase last minute flights to get home. No recovery flight was offered. Pay the extra money at least you will get another flight either the same day or next day. Will never travel with Tiger again. We have learnt our lesson.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney