Tigerair Australia

"no apology, no compensation, no assistance"

Trip Verified | Will never use again. Weather delays interrupted all flights on Wed 15 Jan. My daughter (17) was traveling alone. 8 hours of poor communication on the ground, conflicting information on boards/website/helpline. Other flights were delayed by 2-3 hours, not 8 hours! They refused to have a staff member reassure my unaccompanied minor daughter after 6 hours of delay. She was given one $5 food voucher - not the $5 voucher every 3 hours promised by the helpline. Upon final arrival in Hobart the suitcase was drenched through. Clothing took more than 24 hours to dry. Response from Tigerair - no apology, no compensation, no assistance for an unaccompanied minor is a stressful situation. Only one $5 food voucher in 8 hours. That doesn’t even buy 2 sushi rolls at the airport. Will not fly with Tigerair again.
RouteMelbourne to Hobart
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"long delays should be expected"

Trip Verified | Never again on Tigerair. Our flight from Sydney to Gold Coast was delayed for 7 hours from 12:00 pm to 6:25 pm which took off at 7:05 pm. All they could do is offering us a refund on a condition that we fly with another airline which was impossible to find. When I complained they never apologized but instead they said: “this is a budget airline” which means that long delays should be expected. It was more disappointing that they offered us $15 vouchers per person for lunch and diner. And they had the guts to sell drinks on board instead of giving complimentary drinks due to the 7 hours delay.

"arrived 8 hrs 3 mins late

Trip Verified | Hobart to Melbourne. We arrive at afternoon 1:30pm to check in. Only one hour trip and we arrived 8 hrs 3 mins late. The airplane delay till middle night time 12. When we went to asked staff reason, they said that Tigerair Australia is budget airline. So what? Budget doesn't mean terrible and unavailable.
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Never again on Tigerair"

Trip Verified | Never again on Tigerair. Our flight from Sydney to Gold Coast was delayed for 7 hours from 12:00pm to 6:25pm which took off at 7:05pm. All they could do is offering us a refund on a condition that we fly with another airline which was impossible to find. When I complained they never apologized but instead they said “this is a budget airline” which means that long delays should be expected. It was more disappointing that they offered us $15 vouchers per person for lunch and diner. And they had the guts to sell drinks on board instead of giving complimentary drinks due to the 7 hours delay.

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Horrible customer service. I understand you get what you pay for however based on how horridly unhelpful the supervisor was today (3:30pm on 11th January), I will never fly Tiger again. I understand the person I dealt with is possibly not working in what the would call their ideal job but I personally felt they took that out on me. No matter how cheap your flights are this isn’t good enough. Life sucks but people like this (and the workplace environments that enable them) make it worse.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"charge totally unjustified"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I had no baggage to check in on my flight on Tiger Air Australia TT513/30dec 2019 from Brisbane to Melbourne. I had 1 piece handbag weighing 7.5kgs and a purse weighing 1.5 kgs. At the boarding gate I was asked to put both my handbag and purse on the scale and the total being 9 kgs, staff demanded I pay excess baggage of AUD 46 for 2 kgs excess weight. I said I’d dispose of my water bottle and bubble wrap and bits and bobs but they refused saying that there was a long queue behind me and I had to pay if I wanted to catch my flight. This was 30 minutes prior to take-off. They took cash and have not issued any receipt. This is unaccounted money being taken from their passengers. After making several complaints to their customer portal for a refund as this charge for a purse is totally unjustified they have flatly refused to see reason. This airline needs to be grounded based on the negative reviews they have received.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flights are always delayed"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Such bad services in Australia, Domestic flights are always delayed. I have been travelling since September to December fortnight with Tigerair but not a single trip my flight was on time. We had booked overseas connecting flight from Sydney to Melbourne flight was at 11:30am when we landed we got a message that it is delayed to 2:45pm such a long delay our entire day is water we had to sit at the entrance for so dam long hours with out luggage and when asked at the counter the people working for tiger air just don’t care, worst services. better to pay little extra then travelling with Tigerair. Respect customer time , 30 minutes 60 minutes delay is understood but 3 hours. This is nonsense. Lesson learned hard way. Never travel with Tigerair . This will be my last flight with this airline.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2019

"messing us around again"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Sydney cancelled. Thanks Tiger for messing us around again. Up early to get flight. Two adults and four children. Flight cancelled. Poor notification. Walked to Tiger terminal to be told to go back to Virgin Terminal. Now on a Virgin flight. Go to Virgin. They know nothing about it. Waiting waiting. Two hours later still not checked in.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"delayed from 12:00pm to 6:25pm"

Not Verified | Our flight from Sydney to Gold Coast got delayed from 12:00pm to 6:25pm! And would only give us a refund if we fly with another airline which was impossible to find a flight that wouldn’t get us there late afternoon. All they gave us was a $5 voucher per person for lunch and dinner. We have had flights with them before and never had problem.

"flight got cancelled"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Adelaide. My brother and his family supposed to travel from Melbourne to Adelaide on 3 January 2020 at 3:40pm. The flight got cancelled due to technical issues. He has to catch a bus from Adelaide 6pm to his place which he already paid, So he explained the situation to the ground staff and they were rude and said if he wants they can give the refund or fly on the next flight at 6:15pm. He asked them to postpone the ticket to next day, but they said they can’t and told him to get the refund and fly on a different flight, so bad experience, will never fly on Tigerair any more.
RouteMelbourne to Adelaide